New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "It's been a pleasure, and I'll see you later, filly and gentlecolts."

He nodded and shook the offered hoof. He added to Gearstride, with a wry smile.

"And be sure to take it easy on him, alright? If I'm going to fix this, I'd like him in one piece."

He laughed, to show he was mainly kidding.

"I can't make any promises, as I do like to break in my coltfriends, you know for quality testing,"
    She cheesily grinned and turned to wink at Silverpine to show she was mostly kidding.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I can't make any promises, as I do like to break in my coltfriends, you know for quality testing,"
    She cheesily grinned and turned to wink at Silverpine to show she was mostly kidding.
    Sliverpine just shook his head and gave the doctor a knowing look. Breaking in was probably an understatement, given the troubles Gearstride seem to be putting him through. Why, he probably deserved a gold medal for all their shenanigans together. Still, the pegasus trotted over to Gearstride and gave her a fond lick. "Come on Gear, let's not keep the good doctor any longer." He turned towards the door. "I think we can use the woods outside town for practice."

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine just shook his head and gave the doctor a knowing look. Breaking in was probably an understatement, given the troubles Gearstride seem to be putting him through. Why, he probably deserved a gold medal for all their shenanigans together. Still, the pegasus trotted over to Gearstride and gave her a fond lick. "Come on Gear, let's not keep the good doctor any longer." He turned towards the door. "I think we can use the woods outside town for practice."
    She could never tire from his affections, coming from Silverpine, she would always find herself feeling enjoying them everytime. "Yes of course my sweet Silverpine." She turned to Sandy for a moment gesturing with her head for him to join them, should he please to.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

"See you tomorrow, doctor!" Sandy called back as he trotted off after his friends.

If Silverpine gets a gold medal, Sandy at least deserves an honorable mention.

Sandy switched to a bouncing hover once they were outside; jumping up and hovering a ways until he messed up his timing and fell back to the ground. "Good idea. Less things for us to break if we crash." By the time the three ponies reached the edge of the woods, Sandy had managed to recoup much of the experience he'd gained in the pillowfort and was able to stay in the air easily. He landed in a crouch, wings flared for a take-off. "Right, that's enough hovering for me, how about we try a proper fly now?" His feathers were quivering in anticipation.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-12-06 at 01:54 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Knack chuckled a little.

"It's quite alright. But it ends tonight becuase the spells won't hold very long, and it was only made to last for Nightmare Night. Besides, I think I prefer being on all four hooves to this...two feet walking anyhoof."
    Lionheart
    "You're on two hooves? Weird."
    And then he plops back down on his butt.
    And continues playing Sorry!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

They'll probably play several games worth before it's time for Nightmare Night.

And I hope it becomes Nightmare Night soon, because there's been very little activity in this RP lately.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "See you tomorrow, doctor!" Sandy called back as he trotted off after his friends.

If Silverpine gets a gold medal, Sandy at least deserves an honorable mention.

Sandy switched to a bouncing hover once they were outside; jumping up and hovering a ways until he messed up his timing and fell back to the ground. "Good idea. Less things for us to break if we crash." By the time the three ponies reached the edge of the woods, Sandy had managed to recoup much of the experience he'd gained in the pillowfort and was able to stay in the air easily. He landed in a crouch, wings flared for a take-off. "Right, that's enough hovering for me, how about we try a proper fly now?" His feathers were quivering in anticipation.
    Sliverpine himself was considerably more restrained, concentrating on hovering through the air, trying to get his body to remember his previous experience inside the pillow fort. He gestured for Sandy to go first. "Have at it, Sandy," he said, hovering steadily a few feet above ground. "Mind the trees," he added cheekily after a moment.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Sliverpine himself was considerably more restrained, concentrating on hovering through the air, trying to get his body to remember his previous experience inside the pillow fort. He gestured for Sandy to go first. "Have at it, Sandy," he said, hovering steadily a few feet above ground. "Mind the trees," he added cheekily after a moment.
    Sandy grinned right back. "Yeah, I'll mind 'em but good when I land face-first in one. See you in a few!" And with that, he sprang into the air and gave his wings a mighty flap and...actually pulled off a half-decent, if exceedingly wobbly take-off. He drifted from side to side as he climbed higher, unused to the sudden rush of speed. But soon enough he figured out how to angle his wings just slightly to level out and not loop into a nosedive, and he was soaring high above the trees. Actually flying! He let out an excited whoop and promptly fell a few feet as he forgot to flap. It was hard to keep his focus on the steady beat of his wings and keep from squealing like a schoolfilly. For the moment, he settling on soaring through the air in lazy, shaky circles above the other ponies, occasionally chancing a small climb and shallow dive for a little extra boost. Once he got a bit more used to the sensation of flight, maybe he'd try something a little fancier...

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sandy grinned right back. "Yeah, I'll mind 'em but good when I land face-first in one. See you in a few!" And with that, he sprang into the air and gave his wings a mighty flap and...actually pulled off a half-decent, if exceedingly wobbly take-off. He drifted from side to side as he climbed higher, unused to the sudden rush of speed. But soon enough he figured out how to angle his wings just slightly to level out and not loop into a nosedive, and he was soaring high above the trees. Actually flying! He let out an excited whoop and promptly fell a few feet as he forgot to flap. It was hard to keep his focus on the steady beat of his wings and keep from squealing like a schoolfilly. For the moment, he settling on soaring through the air in lazy, shaky circles above the other ponies, occasionally chancing a small climb and shallow dive for a little extra boost. Once he got a bit more used to the sensation of flight, maybe he'd try something a little fancier...
    (Hope you don't mind if I pop in)

Cypress had taken the opportunity for a nice afternoon flight while Magnolia was off playing somewhere. As he drifted on the winds, he spotted an unusually familiar pegasus. He swooped down to the flying pony to find it was none other than Sandy Shores. He nearly stopped flying for a moment from shock. "S-Sandy!? What's gone on here?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

Sliverpine chucked as Sandy took off so enthusiastically. The erstwhile earth pony contented himself with hovering in the air, happy to take it slow. He'd have plenty of time to practice his flying before Midnight Night after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post

Cypress had taken the opportunity for a nice afternoon flight while Magnolia was off playing somewhere. As he drifted on the winds, he spotted an unusually familiar pegasus. He swooped down to the flying pony to find it was none other than Sandy Shores. He nearly stopped flying for a moment from shock. "S-Sandy!? What's gone on here?"
    Sliverpine himself froze in shock at the sound of Cypress' voice, his wings suddenly snapping shut. The pegasus fell to the ground with a loud thump, staring at Cypress in mute surprise. Not one hour and they been found out already?

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy too gave a small yelp of surprise, but managed to keep from falling out of the sky completely. With some effort, he righted himself and flapped back up to Cypress' level. "Sun above, Cypress, don't scare me like that!" There was a brief pause as he remembered why exactly Cypress would be so shocked. "Ohhhh, right. The, uh, the wings. Do you want to fly down a bit? It's somethin' of a long-"

"Remember that sandwich Silverpine and I ate back in the pillowfort?" he suddenly interjected. "Well, after we left, Silverpine and I started having some strange happenings..." His mouth took on a life of its own, and he proceeded to, with minimal pauses, tell the full story of the sandwich's side effects, the various happenings that kept them from Dr. Magic, and finally, the treatment they had been given. When it was all said and done, Sandy was almost out of breath and he'd dropped to a little above the tree line. "Phwaa...and I guess I forgot about the truth-tellin' too. So, the, uh, short version is Silverpine an' I are going to be pegasi for a spell while the doctor figures out what to do with us."

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack of course joined in the game of Sorry, and did her best to enjoy it with her new acquaintances.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Somewhere in town

A certain purple earth pony mare pulls. Wagon of large crates through the town square. Her eyes are squinty. Suspiciously squinty. Purple's green irises dashes around her head at each onlooker. This adds to her suspiciousness.
    (I had a great post, but then my internet cut out as I submitted. Great, right?)

That was when she noticed she was being followed by a unicorn who looked almost exactly like Prince Blueblood (until you noticed the cutie mark was a fake) and a pegasus dressed like a royal guard. They pointed at her, said something too low to hear, paused, followed her some more, and then followed close enough in earshot to be heard, with a spin and dramatic point skyward, saying the next bit of their conversation:

"It's quite obvious, 'royal guard,' my dear. She must be a triple-reverse agent, delivering a package by pretending to be a spy for the other side who is spying by pretending to be a spy for her side delivering a package who may or may not be pretending to be an ordinary citizen!"

"Incredible!"

They crouched down and scuttled behind her, creating a crab-like effect since they refused to stand up while moving.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(I had a great post, but then my internet cut out as I submitted. Great, right?)

That was when she noticed she was being followed by a unicorn who looked almost exactly like Prince Blueblood (until you noticed the cutie mark was a fake) and a pegasus dressed like a royal guard. They pointed at her, said something too low to hear, paused, followed her some more, and then followed close enough in earshot to be heard, with a spin and dramatic point skyward, saying the next bit of their conversation:

"It's quite obvious, 'royal guard,' my dear. She must be a triple-reverse agent, delivering a package by pretending to be a spy for the other side who is spying by pretending to be a spy for her side delivering a package who may or may not be pretending to be an ordinary citizen!"

"Incredible!"

They crouched down and scuttled behind her, creating a crab-like effect since they refused to stand up while moving.
    Purple's head perks up quickly then slowly lowers. Her eyes remain squinty as her head rotates round and round. Like an observant owl stalking her prey. Except this owl is clearly up to something that is probably not very good but I wouldn't say it was no good. Halfway to medium good with a side of naughty. "Hmm.."

The purple pony clearly does not see the ponies following her. She instead stares daggers, rubber ones, at a background pony who's eyes catch hers. "Deploy reconnaissance countermeasures!"

And with that statement, a bag of white flour is tossed from the wagon. The cloud of starchy concealment covers her movement. Which is only one step by the way. "Haha! Success."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

The level of stupid nonsensicalness has clearly formed a sort of black hole. Not that 'Blueblood' and 'The Royal Guard' particularly seemed to care. No, they decided that rampant flour-tossing was too much, approaching through the cloud of flour.

"That wasn't very nice, Miss Spy."
    "That was hardly polite."

Both of them were roleplaying their roles to the hilt, with Silk Scarf (the guard) being clearly faux-gruff, and Top Hat (Blueblood) acting hilariously over-the-top snobby.

"Someone's going to have to clean this up!"
    "We're going to have to ask you to have more socially responsible spying."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The level of stupid nonsensicalness has clearly formed a sort of black hole. Not that 'Blueblood' and 'The Royal Guard' particularly seemed to care. No, they decided that rampant flour-tossing was too much, approaching through the cloud of flour.

"That wasn't very nice, Miss Spy."
    "That was hardly polite."

Both of them were roleplaying their roles to the hilt, with Silk Scarf (the guard) being clearly faux-gruff, and Top Hat (Blueblood) acting hilariously over-the-top snobby.

"Someone's going to have to clean this up!"
    "We're going to have to ask you to have more socially responsible spying."
    Of course the direct conversation to the sneaky pony brings shock to her face. "What? How can you see me through my powder cloud? You two must work for The Stallion!"

Purple descends from her sudden aerial surprise leap, kicking some of the ground cloud into the air. Her hooves are now ghostly with the white powder. "Yeah.. I should clean up this mess. I am so sorry." she says softly and with a lot of throat. Again quite suspicious.

Ms. Pepper starts to brush up the powder with her tail. Faster and faster she sweeps until the mess is cleaned. Once the last bit is picked up, she bolts away in a hurry. Well as fast as a little pony and a way too wagon could go. Shedid left something behing. A large crate of marshmallows and a trial of white hoofsteps.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #1217

Knack of course joined in the game of Sorry, and did her best to enjoy it with her new acquaintances.
    Lionheart
    Lionheart sneakily moves closer to Knack during the games and tries to feel her hooves.
    Since Mystic said she walked on two hooves it made him curious.
    He also lost every game of Sorry!
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lionheart
    Lionheart sneakily moves closer to Knack during the games and tries to feel her hooves.
    Since Mystic said she walked on two hooves it made him curious.
    He also lost every game of Sorry!
    Since Knack was currently a BlackWarGreymon, instead of hooved, Lionheart would feel semi-soft three digit paws for her feet in their place.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Sandy too gave a small yelp of surprise, but managed to keep from falling out of the sky completely. With some effort, he righted himself and flapped back up to Cypress' level. "Sun above, Cypress, don't scare me like that!" There was a brief pause as he remembered why exactly Cypress would be so shocked. "Ohhhh, right. The, uh, the wings. Do you want to fly down a bit? It's somethin' of a long-"

"Remember that sandwich Silverpine and I ate back in the pillowfort?" he suddenly interjected. "Well, after we left, Silverpine and I started having some strange happenings..." His mouth took on a life of its own, and he proceeded to, with minimal pauses, tell the full story of the sandwich's side effects, the various happenings that kept them from Dr. Magic, and finally, the treatment they had been given. When it was all said and done, Sandy was almost out of breath and he'd dropped to a little above the tree line. "Phwaa...and I guess I forgot about the truth-tellin' too. So, the, uh, short version is Silverpine an' I are going to be pegasi for a spell while the doctor figures out what to do with us."
    Cypress flapped silently for a long moment, digesting what Sandy told him. Then suddenly, his face lit up. "That's so cool! I've never had a proper pegasus friend, and I never get to fly with anyone! I can give you a full lesson and teach you all the tricks I know! I mean, I'm no Wonderbolt, but I know a thing or two. We're going to have an amazing time!" Cypress flew a loop-de-loop and came back to Sandy's side, beaming. "Where do we begin?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Cypress flapped silently for a long moment, digesting what Sandy told him. Then suddenly, his face lit up. "That's so cool! I've never had a proper pegasus friend, and I never get to fly with anyone! I can give you a full lesson and teach you all the tricks I know! I mean, I'm no Wonderbolt, but I know a thing or two. We're going to have an amazing time!" Cypress flew a loop-de-loop and came back to Sandy's side, beaming. "Where do we begin?"
    "Bwuh?" Sliverpine said, having been half-expecting Cypress to run away screaming in terror. He unfolded his wings and slowly flew towards the pair. "You... you don't mind us being... like this...?" the alabaster pegasus asked.

21. - Top - End - #1221

"Bwuh?" Sliverpine said, having been half-expecting Cypress to run away screaming in terror. He unfolded his wings and slowly flew towards the pair. "You... you don't mind us being... like this...?" the alabaster pegasus asked.
    "Not at all! Do you know how long it's been since I've had a proper fly with my friends?" Cypress swoops in a great circle. "I'm so happy to have some pegasi to soar about with, at least for now."

Cypress RP profile

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Of course the direct conversation to the sneaky pony brings shock to her face. "What? How can you see me through my powder cloud? You two must work for The Stallion!"

Purple descends from her sudden aerial surprise leap, kicking some of the ground cloud into the air. Her hooves are now ghostly with the white powder. "Yeah.. I should clean up this mess. I am so sorry." she says softly and with a lot of throat. Again quite suspicious.

Ms. Pepper starts to brush up the powder with her tail. Faster and faster she sweeps until the mess is cleaned. Once the last bit is picked up, she bolts away in a hurry. Well as fast as a little pony and a way too wagon could go. Shedid left something behing. A large crate of marshmallows and a trial of white hoofsteps.
    They looked down at the crate and poked it in unison.

"Well, what do we do now?"

"We could go back to walking around... But what happens to this package?"

"More important than the package, what happens to the purple spy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they'll be expecting this package. She'll fail her bosses."

"And then she'll have outlived her usefulness! And their goons will whack her!"

The two looked at each other in alarm, with tears appearing in their eyes.

"TOP HAT!"
    "SILK SCARF!"

The hugged one another dramatically, thinking about the sorrow of it all. Then they detached. Top Hat rolled up his fetlocks, and levitated the crate up.

"I guess we need to head into the territory and go after her!"

They nodded and followed after Purple, completely free of subterfuge.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #1223

Since Knack was currently a BlackWarGreymon, instead of hooved, Lionheart would feel semi-soft three digit paws for her feet in their place.
    Lionheart
    He goes to sneakily feel her legs to see if those are different as well.
    He's become curious.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple

The purple spymare darts away but becomes tired from hauling the heavy wagon. Panting and stopped, she let the two followers catch up to her.

Purple confronts them, squinty eyed of course. She looks them up and down. Top Hat is looked at first. Silt Scarf gets a bug eyed stare. Suddenly she snaps into a rushed sew of suspicious words. "Who are you? Who sent you? Are you wearing a wire? Where did you just that box? What's in da box? What's in da booooox?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy's face brightened to match Cypress'. "Really!? You'd teach us some fancy flyin'!? Sun and moon, that'd be just-ACK!" Sandy, again, managed to get so excited he forgot to flap. He righted himself and got back up to altitude with a sheepish grin. "Er, maybe we should just start with some basics. Before one of us flaps himself into a tree by accident."

26. - Top - End - #1226

Sandy's face brightened to match Cypress'. "Really!? You'd teach us some fancy flyin'!? Sun and moon, that'd be just-ACK!" Sandy, again, managed to get so excited he forgot to flap. He righted himself and got back up to altitude with a sheepish grin. "Er, maybe we should just start with some basics. Before one of us flaps himself into a tree by accident."
    "Okay, let me teach you something pegasi don't really have to learn, which is staying aloft. What you want to do is make flapping a reflex, like breathing. You don't make yourself do it until you think about it. Try just holding a conversation with me, without thinking about your wings." Cypress chuckled slightly at the lesson. Any pony born with a pair of wings would know this, of course.

Cypress RP profile

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

"Okay, let me teach you something pegasi don't really have to learn, which is staying aloft. What you want to do is make flapping a reflex, like breathing. You don't make yourself do it until you think about it. Try just holding a conversation with me, without thinking about your wings." Cypress chuckled slightly at the lesson. Any pony born with a pair of wings would know this, of course.
    "Okay..." Sliverpine said slowly, realisation dawning on him just how much an effort he was making to keep himself flying. It wasn't as straining as studying for an exam, but rather more like... well something that you'd be worrying about day in day out. Or at least it felt that way to him. Born pegasus probably would just fly by instinct by now. "So... what have you been doing?" he asked, keeping himself airborne.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay..." Sliverpine said slowly, realisation dawning on him just how much an effort he was making to keep himself flying. It wasn't as straining as studying for an exam, but rather more like... well something that you'd be worrying about day in day out. Or at least it felt that way to him. Born pegasus probably would just fly by instinct by now. "So... what have you been doing?" he asked, keeping himself airborne.
    Sandy tried to not think about the strange, new limbs growing out of his back, but it was like conscious breathing; once you start, it's nigh impossible to stop. "Er, yeah, I heard you went on a trip recently, where did you go?" he added, his wings keeping him wobbly.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

Le Gearstride

As an earth pony, Gearstride was limited to the ground, she wanly smiled as her boys took flight over and around the forest edge. They seemed to be enjoying themselves just fine, she herself was just going to go back to town, to the Clunker and maybe sleep, in the meanwhile.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lionheart
    He goes to sneakily feel her legs to see if those are different as well.
    He's become curious.
    Knack let out a little 'eep' when she felt this next touch, and gave Lionheart a bit of a glare.

"Now what in tarnation are you doin'?"