New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2124: Prologue

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 2124: Prologue

Well, at least somebody got out.

"Great. If you can figure out a way to open this thing, I'd be very happy!"

Kevry bangs on the lid a few more times out of half frustration and half wish that he'd be the next one released.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

From outside his metallic coffin, Sabio could hear the sound of people moving. Metal slammed on metal, and he guessed -- correctly -- that someone had found their way out of their box. He pressed the top of his box again, and found that it was still securely shut. So he waited, and shortly heard what sounded to be knocking. Someone shouted, but they weren't at his box. Slightly worried, Sabio continued to wait. The cold from the metal was creeping into his limbs now, and he could hardly swallow for want of water. Dimly, he heard the sound of cracking wood, but he didn't know what to think about that.
    For now, I wait, he thought, rubbing his arms to warm them up.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

As James mentioned his state of undress, Emma realised that she too wasn't wearing any clothes. It took only a quick scan of the room to reveal the stack of clothes, which she hastily threw on.
    "Okay," she began, "There's a heavy metal slab on top of your coffin-thing."
    At once she wished she hadn't said that. While she had somehow managed to get out, it was a genuine possibility that she wouldn't be able to get the others out, and anyway, she didn't quite trust herself not to run - trying to think everything through was a struggle through the rising sense of panic when her fight-or-flight mechanism told her only to escape.
    "Why don't you try pushing upwards, and I'll try to lift?" she suggested, "Together we might be able to-"
    Hearing the voices from outside, Emma froze.
    "Damn... everyone, be quiet," she hissed.
    She was wrong about the urge to run, she realised. It wasn't the urge for flight. It was the urge to fight.
    Lifting the broken wood from the chair, she snuck over to the door, and raised it into the air. Anyone who came in would have it slam down upon their head. Further than that, she'd just have to wing it...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

James grimaces. This new occurrence would cause a delay. He sighs and waits, knowing that there is nothing to be done without the help of his newfound ally.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

The voices go quiet for a while, and Emma can hear the sound of footsteps, one heavy and one soft on the other side as whoever was there walks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hearing them coming, Emma tensed, ready to strike. With one hand, she absently fiddled with the faucet, pressing it and shaking it, wondering what it did, and whether that would help her.