New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Banned

Default Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
    What's wrong with olive oil?
    It's a lipid, isn't it? It won't be taken by the body as if it were water. It's liquid food, and not refreshing on a thirst level at all.

But how else am I supposed to keep regular?
    Coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post

Oil may have its fine points.
    oooooooooooooh~

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Some women bleed once per month (and a few men, incidentally). Although I never heard of diet influencing the timing.
    I believe both diet and exercise affect it, in extreme. Anorexia and bulletin both affect menatruation, as does severe exercise; I believe professional level body builders and marathon runners trick their body into just giving up on estrus for a while.
    Conversely, good diet and appropriate fitness levels tend to mitigate the symptoms, regulate flow and basically make it a more palatable experience. So healthy diet and fitness seem to be a bell-curve of good/bad period experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Usually sipping it satisfies that.
    Self defeating argument. If you know it's bad whiskey, why sip it? Order a good one

And I'm still trying to figure out how olive oil is supposed to help female-bodied persons have regular menstrual cycles as Asta suggested. I mean, I suppose if one had a really odd diet one could have one's consumption of lipids drop too low to have the body be capable of menstruation, but that's the sort of thing that would require deliberate finagling. Don't see any way that it'd help those who have too many in a month though.
    Astra did not suggest that. He made a joke from the question "how else could someone possibly be regular?" by pointing out that menstruation, like colon workings, we're regular, and nonregularity was a bad sign. It was a joke from a joke from a joke; you're not going to find sense or context out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    How does it help get rid of kidney stones because as the name implies they aren't in your colon and if the stones can be dissolved you need to increase the urine pH so even if the acid in the lemon juice had any effect on the urine it wouldn't help.
    Everything that gets digested goes through the urinary tract in some way.
    no to say it works, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Ooookay, maybe shifting gears a little?

I waged a war against body hair yesterday - I cracked and decided I couldn't stand having hairy legs and arms anymore. Unforunately, I didn't have anything other than a spare face-razor to use.

You can imagine how well that went :smallpained: !

Tips! Get in the bath, and shave down the leg (with the hair) not up the leg. Get it all, and then afterwards you shave against the grain. It makes it much, much easier. Also, look into tips on facial hair shaving. Modern media portrayals are terrible; they tell you to just shave all the hair off. The more hair you can get in a single stroke of the razor, the better. This is just the best way to use a crappy tool, though, and back when men weren't buying twelve packs of disposable blades every month, they had to take care of the blades.

Proper shavin technique is to reduce the hair methodically, until it is all gone. The best shaving method is to se the razor like it was water melting glacial ice, in slow constant trickles to erode the stuff, not crah into it like clear cutting a forest! Not to say you are, of course. I just got carried away >_>

Also, during the fog of war, I ordered a No!No!. So, going back to that discussion, I'll be the guinea pig for those here who are interested in how well it works.
    Hot darn! Lemme know how it works. Bound to e better than the 21,000 USD I am looking at...

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    *peek*
    Umm, hi... haven't talked to you all in a while...
    Hi! I've been watching' your blog. That was your blog, yes?
    Been missin' you! But I teu wai a couple months before saying anything. People tend to show up just as I worry~

How have you been? Life going smooth?

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    *Glomps Leanne~!*

*Also hugs Lentrax and turkishproverb (I haven't done the latter in a while )*
    I dissapeared for a bit. Glad to see you agian though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Stand back, everyone! I'm going to do SCIENCE! [/xkcd]

snip
    could just as easily have been form futurama
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

It's fun either way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's a lipid, isn't it? It won't be taken by the body as if it were water. It's liquid food, and not refreshing on a thirst level at all.
    No, it won't be taken by the body as if it were water. I think the intestine's limit to how much fat it can handle in one meal is ca 200 g. The rest will not exit in an calm and orderly fashion.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-09-11 at 04:04 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #876
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    From Livestrong: "No medical research supports olive oil and lemon juice as a treatment for dissolving kidney stones. Consult your physician before you try to treat kidney stones, or any other health condition, at home."
    Ugh. They should also post a note stating "No medical research supports Livestrong as a reliable medical source."

Though they may have it right on this one. I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

7. - Top - End - #877
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ugh. They should also post a note stating "No medical research supports Livestrong as a reliable medical source."

Though they may have it right on this one. I'm not sure.
    A statement like that should either say, "No medical research has been done on the subject," or, "Here's a link to a study that suggests this may (not) work".
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

*peek*
    I believe it's your turn. I really don't want the game to die in the first round of combat. And Shiro hasn't gone yet either.

Formalities aside *Welcome back Glomp!*
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

9. - Top - End - #879

*peek*
    Hi! It's nice to meet you!

Stand back, everyone! I'm going to do SCIENCE! [/xkcd]

Barring a lab coat, at least please take notes so those of us who are desperately broke but need better hair removal can make decently well informed decisions?

Thank you.

*hugs and lots of love for everyone!*
    I was making a joke on your phrasing . But yes, copious notes will be taken, and then shared with everyone here.

Tips! Get in the bath, and shave down the leg (with the hair) not up the leg. Get it all, and then afterwards you shave against the grain. It makes it much, much easier. Also, look into tips on facial hair shaving. Modern media portrayals are terrible; they tell you to just shave all the hair off. The more hair you can get in a single stroke of the razor, the better. This is just the best way to use a crappy tool, though, and back when men weren't buying twelve packs of disposable blades every month, they had to take care of the blades.

Proper shavin technique is to reduce the hair methodically, until it is all gone. The best shaving method is to se the razor like it was water melting glacial ice, in slow constant trickles to erode the stuff, not crah into it like clear cutting a forest! Not to say you are, of course. I just got carried away >_>
    Thanks for the tips! Apparently, I've been doing it mostly right basically forever! At least on my face - this was the first time I've ever done anything else (as far as I'll admit to >_< ).

However, my hope is that I will never need to do so again! Hopefully the No!No! is exactly as amazing as it looks! Unlikely, but I'm trying to be hopeful!

Hot darn! Lemme know how it works. Bound to e better than the 21,000 USD I am looking at...
    There are three places on your body it says you shouldn't use it, and one of those is the face. The "newer/better" model, which is the one I got, doesn't mention that you can't use it on your face, but I'll wait until I actually get it to check and make sure.

Either way, though, I think I'd rather get electralysis for my face - this thing doesn't remove the hair, it just slows it down. I'd prefer not to ever have to shave my face again, not just once every couple months or so.

Unless that price is for electral-izing your entire body? I'm still iffy on exactly how it works.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

10. - Top - End - #880

A statement like that should either say...
    "No medical research has been done on the subject. Here's a link to a study that suggests this may (not) work. Would you like to buy a yellow, rubber bracelet?".

11. - Top - End - #881
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    I believe it's your turn. I really don't want the game to die in the first round of combat. And Shiro hasn't gone yet either.

Formalities aside *Welcome back Glomp!*
    Oh yeah~
    I dunno. The longer this drags on, the longer I stay alive >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Apparently, I've been doing it mostly right basically forever! At least on my face - this was the first time I've ever done anything else (as far as I'll admit to >_< ).

However, my hope is that I will never need to do so again! Hopefully the No!No! is exactly as amazing as it looks! Unlikely, but I'm trying to be hopeful!
    Not me! My Da asked me once when he heard me complaining, "what? Nobody ever taught you to shave?" being my father, who is supposed to have done said teaching, I gave him a bland look.

I hope it's amazing, too!

Either way, though, I think I'd rather get electralysis for my face - this thing doesn't remove the hair, it just slows it down. I'd prefer not to ever have to shave my face again, not just once every couple months or so.

Unless that price is for electral-izing your entire body? I'm still iffy on exactly how it works.
    Electrolysis seems to fall under a pattern.
    X square inches can be covered in an hour.
    It takes approximately 100 hours (total guess based on past comments).
    The body can only handle six hours at a time.
    It costs roughly $150/hour.

So it's ~150•hours to get the face done. Which is prohibitive; I mean, you'll pay that much in razors over the years but it'll be spread out.
    I'll look into it mesel' though, and report in.

"No medical research has been done on the subject. Here's a link to a study that suggests this may (not) work. Would you like to buy a yellow, rubber bracelet?".
    Would I!
    Wait, no. No I wouldn't. Sorry for the fuss ^^"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Eeeh, am I happy my skin is light enough and my hair is dark enough that I can get laser instead. >.>
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883

I'm just hoping we can come up with some way of making hair growth a voluntary action.
    In other words, I've needed a shave since yesterday or the day before and I'm too lazy.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #884

I'm just hoping we can come up with some way of making hair growth a voluntary action.
    Pfft. I want that for my lawn.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh yeah~
    I dunno. The longer this drags on, the longer I stay alive >_>
    Oh no, that's just the Half Fiend Teifling Swashbuckler talking.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Eeeh, am I happy my skin is light enough and my hair is dark enough that I can get laser instead. >.>
    I got one of these several hundred dollars off - Australians check the Shaver Shop as they're a very limited offer - so I'm going to use that on non-face areas, such as my legs.
    I'm going to wait until my GF returns from interstate before I use it, don't want to shock her too much. Will let you know how I go with it all.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

17. - Top - End - #887

Pfft. I want that for my lawn.
    Mowing the lawn is actually easier for me than shaving. There's a weird process in my brain that finds an hour-long task easier than a five-minute task.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

This is so very true. I actually use my wife's leg shaving cream on my face (I have super sensative skin on my face and it breaks out like crazy if I don't shave juuuuust right) and I take my time and it works great. Granted, I use a throw away straight razor head, but if you take your time it will work great.

I shave, first, with the grain, getting all the long crap off, then reapply shaving cream, go against the grain lightly, apply another round of cream, and go over everything against the grain again, lightly, just to make sure. I have had some really great results form it. Also, if you are as sensitive as me in the face area, or anywhere else for that matter, what I do after I shave is get a soft washcloth (or something similar) put it in the sink and get it wet, ringing out any excess water. I then put it in the freezer for however long it takes it to get fairly frozen. Then I take it out, wait a min until it loosens up a little and is flexable, and then apply it to my face. This helps out tremendously with razor burn, bumps, etc that are associated with shaving, because it cools the area that was shaved, and calms the blood down there, which generally causes razor burn and bumpys.

Learned the frozen washcloth technique from a professional Shaver guy, who did it with an old straight razor like Sweeny Todd. Best shaving advise ever, for me anyway.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #889

Mowing the lawn is actually easier for me than shaving. There's a weird process in my brain that finds an hour-long task easier than a five-minute task.
    I'll make you a deal. Any time you need a shave, just come over and mow my lawn. I'm pretty sure I could even do you in less then five minutes.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I could even do you in less then five minutes.
    Always interesting words to find in the LGBTA thread.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I could even do you in less then five minutes.
    Wow..........try so hard not to say what I am thinking right now........

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Wow..........try so hard not to say what I am thinking right now........
    What, that you could go for a shave yourself?
    excuse my horrible sense of humor. Odd to see it isn't in the gutter for once.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #893

I'll make you a deal. Any time you need a shave, just come over and mow my lawn. I'm pretty sure I could even do you in less then five minutes.
    I'm not 100% sure how to respond to that proposition. I think in the end I'm going to have to decline because I don't feel safe having somebody hold a blade to my throat. I'd be willing to mow your lawn for minimum wage, though.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

In other words, I've needed a shave since yesterday or the day before and I'm too lazy.
    That would be AWESOME!

On a similar topic, I've always thought ovulation should be a voluntary action. Why go through all that complicated procedure every month when nothing's gonna happen until I've got a job and some savings, uterus! Take it handy!

I'm not 100% sure how to respond to that proposition. I think in the end I'm going to have to decline because I don't feel safe having somebody hold a blade to my throat. I'd be willing to mow your lawn for minimum wage, though.
    Safety razor?

In other news, I need hugs. Partner's mother has cancer, partner and I are leaving her to go back to Ireland and we don't want to have to go, and partner is unwell (not, like, cancer unwell, like sinus infection unwell) so he's stressed about travelling and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    In other news, I need hugs. Partner's mother has cancer, partner and I are leaving her to go back to Ireland and we don't want to have to go, and partner is unwell (not, like, cancer unwell, like sinus infection unwell) so he's stressed about travelling and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.
    *hugs* I'm sorry things are going so terribly.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

26. - Top - End - #896

That would be AWESOME!

On a similar topic, I've always thought ovulation should be a voluntary action. Why go through all that complicated procedure every month when nothing's gonna happen until I've got a job and some savings, uterus! Take it handy!
    That would be really nice. Come on, science, figure out how to make it happen!

Safety razor?
    Those can still cut.

*hugs*
    That's tough to deal with. Hope he gets over his cold-thing soon, and good luck to his mum. Is she doing chemotherapy or something?
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

That would be awesome. MY wife and I wouldn't have to freakin' pay for birth control all the time!!

Aww, that totally sucks. Hoping for the best for both of you and his mother.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Awww. Hope the both of you get better very soon. *hugs Kender*
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

*hugs* I'm really sorry about all of that
    LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    This is so very true. I actually use my wife's leg shaving cream on my face (I have super sensative skin on my face and it breaks out like crazy if I don't shave juuuuust right) and I take my time and it works great. Granted, I use a throw away straight razor head, but if you take your time it will work great.
    ...disposable... straight razor? What is this heresy?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!