New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

please, Ramsus, don't try to take credit for convincing people to lynch the devil. You gave a plausible reason to vote for him, yes. After people were already starting to bandwagon him anyways.

if blind following doesn't sound wolfish to you, then I guess you and I are of different opinions. It did to me and at least one other mason back when I was still a mason.

again, I never said that no one could disguise you, only that it's less likely than you not being disguised. Unless you REALLY think your reputation matters that much to the wolves, what with not having stood out at all this game so far that they'd choose to disguise you every night, the odds are in favor of your scry not having been disguised, since there are many more people than just you in this game.

As for kal being the fool: Unless the fool's successful scry chance is higher than 50% (since most games I've seen puts it at ~25%, that seems unlikely), it is more likely that Kal's successful scry means she's a seer than it means she's a fool who got lucky.

from my view of things, I'd been suspicious of you since day 3, we've had a scrier who was right about another wolf point at you, and the odds are in favor of that scry being correct.

explain to me again why this is the wrong reason to lynch you? Unless you're a seer yourself (in which case she'd have scried you as fool and you'd have said something yesterday with all the claims going around), the town can afford to lose you a lot more than it can afford to let a wolf go.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    in which case she'd have scried you as fool
    As far as you all know, seers only scry alignment. Not roles.

Also... what happened to Kal dying in library? not bedroom...

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    As far as you all know, seers only scry alignment. Not roles.
    ... huh, you don't say so in the OP, do you?

I got that impression because WW central claims that the seer/fool role scries each other as their roles.

Also... what happened to Kal dying in library? not bedroom...
    well, you ignored our rp, so why shouldn't we ignore yours?
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

That wasn't how I remembered the devil situation, to me it seemed a lot like the only reason people stayed on that lynch wagon was because I actually provided a logical reason to stay on it.

If I was a seer I would have counter-claimed already by now.

But, whatever. You guys are going to lynch me no matter what I say. Because why should you look at logic to find people more likely to be a wolf than me when you have a scry from an unknown role that you're assuming a seer because them being a fool is marginally less likely and when we know there is a disguiser in the game and a lot of the people in this game know I'd be a prime target for that. Besides, you guys already made up your mind yesterday when you decided to try and lynch me in the night for being too sick to have been roleplaying with you guys.

It's not like we have several days of evidence to help us figure out who wolves are. Like how people voted (because even if the wolves don't know who each other are it doesn't mean they aren't trying to avoid killing each other) for example of stuff we clearly don't have because nobody seems to be looking at it since there's an easy target to lynch that you already all decided on before they could even defend themselves.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

... huh, you don't say so in the OP, do you?

I got that impression because WW central claims that the seer/fool role scries each other as their roles.
    "Seer - Knows slightly more than he lets on. Intelligence network brings him news about this and other murders and happenings. Scries one player as Village/Wolf/Neutral every night.

Fool - Believes to be Seer. Part of the Seer's intelligence network. Takes info he hears as true, despite being at bottom of the rung and unskilled. Scries one player as Village/Wolf/Neutral every night. Unreliable scry."

From OP. Only give Village/Wolf/Neutral.

well, you ignored our rp, so why shouldn't we ignore yours?
    point taken. but assumed yours was late day/early night -> Kal had other things to do after you all were asleep. Also, had it planned from while back that this was how Kal would die. Couldn't have you mess that up for me.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

point taken. but assumed yours was late day/early night -> Kal had other things to do after you all were asleep. Also, had it planned from while back that this was how Kal would die. Couldn't have you mess that up for me.
    yeah, the rp the players are doing is only really tangential to the narration.

@Ramsus: feel free to analyze the voting history and show us someone who looks like they're wolves who are more suspicious than you are. I for one have no problem changing my vote if we have a more logic-backed target. Thing is, my analysis of the recent votes isn't showing me anyone that looks more probable than you do.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-30 at 02:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

...well, you ignored our rp, so why shouldn't we ignore yours?
    "...point taken. but assumed yours was late day/early night -> Kal had other things to do after you all were asleep. Also, had it planned from while back that this was how Kal would die. Couldn't have you mess that up for me.
    Agree with planswalker a bit here, but hey, I gotta say -- there is a certain poetic aspect to the mini-sleuth getting killed in the library with the knife. (Maybe the house library?) Always liked that combo better than the conservatory with the candlestick or the kitchen with the revolver...

Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-30 at 03:15 PM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Oh sure, tell the guy who's sick you're gonna lynch him unless he trawls through the backlog.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

well, yes. To my eyes, you're the most suspicious person. Unless you or someone else supplies a target that looks more suspicious, I'm going to vote to lynch the person who looks most suspicious.

you do have my sympathies about being sick, though. A rather nasty stomach bug has been going around in my area of the world.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    If I was a seer I would have counter-claimed already by now.
    As you would have if you were the baner or the sole surviving mason or the fool. This means you are either a wolf or a commoner. If you are a commoner lynching you helps protect any of the original village power-roles that are still alive (if the wolves eliminate all the original roles aside from themselves, they only serve to reveal themselves).

So, why shouldn't we lynch you?
    The BareFoot Programmer

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm sick so that's way too much effort (and I have other stuff to do too). So I guess I'll just have to settle for saying I told you so and glaring later when I turn out not to be a wolf and you guys lynched me anyway and cost me a win because not a single person could be bothered to look at the backlogs instead of just lynching me based on it being more convenient to listen to the wolves than to bother to analyze things.

Edit: Obviously I'm not a mason but, I don't see how that applies to baner. The only person I saw claim Baner was Gray Mage just before he died and he'd already gotten lynched by the time I saw that.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 03:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

honestly, Ramsus, why are you so hostile over getting lynched? These things happen to non-wolves and you repeating "you're stupid because you're not basing this lynch on vote history" isn't getting anyone to change votes. You didn't seem to be so harsh in criticizing me or anyone else for any of our OTHER lynches that were made on even less logic.

also, I think your wolfy lies are starting to get mixed up.

You see, I'm a clueless newcomer today (eg, don't have an alignment currently). I've been the most vocal in lynching you based on my experience while the confirmed mason. The seer/fool (/fool for sake of argument) who pointed at you was night killed. Since wolves can't be night killed, you can hardly claim that she was a wolf.

this is absolutely not a wolf-sponsored plot against you. Claiming such, if anything, is just trying to muddy the waters. Something I keep hearing is that wolves prefer to sow chaos and confusion while town tries to keep things ordered.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-30 at 03:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow, alright this is heated. My gut reaction is to go against the huge lynch mob, but I'm having a lot of trouble seeing what Ramsus' defense is. If he comes up with a more coherent one than "I don't want you to lynch me" then I might change my vote.

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

I give up. I don't have the energy for this and I'm sick of people shoving words in my mouth every time I defend myself. (It'd be nice if people actually read what I said instead of deciding what I said was something else or just entirely ignoring it and jumping onto the pile.)

I hope you all thoroughly enjoy costing me a win for no better reason than it was convenient.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Halfling in the Playground

Edit: Obviously I'm not a mason but, I don't see how that applies to baner. The only person I saw claim Baner was Gray Mage just before he died and he'd already gotten lynched by the time I saw that.
    Wait, so are you claiming Baner or what?

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

as for people putting words in others' mouths, I think I failed a listen check. Could have sworn I heard the potting calling the kettles black.

and honestly, after that last petty and snide remark, I think I will enjoy finding out one way or the other if you are town or not.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    Wait, so are you claiming Baner or what?
    After planswalker's petty and snide comment, I don't see why I think you guys deserve an answer.

@Planswalker: I'm soooooo dang sorry my being sick inconveniences you. Oh wait, no, I'm not. You're rude and I'm not going to re-enter this game because I don't want to play with people who behave the way you do.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Bugbear in the Playground

I scried Grue Bait the fourth time without result. I just want to kill him for that. Sorry!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Barbarian in the Playground

After planswalker's petty and snide comment, I don't see why I think you guys deserve an answer.

@Planswalker: I'm soooooo dang sorry my being sick inconveniences you. Oh wait, no, I'm not. You're rude and I'm not going to re-enter this game because I don't want to play with people who behave the way you do.
    Ok, you guys, you're getting out of hand. It is still a game, and I understand that we don't get other peoples actions even though we want to, and I get defences or offenses to lynch someone are poorly constructed, but actually getting this far in 'hating' someone is too much. I suggest we calm down.

IF you feel terrorrized by me, Ramsus, I'm sorry.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Grue Bait then, because he isn't me.

Edit: Huh? I don't believe I took any particular offense to anything you said Gunnar. And you're probably right. Though I'm sick and feel like carp, what's his excuse?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 06:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

losing my temper after hearing someone whine and complain and wail about getting lynched for the "wrong reasons" without saying a single constructive thing.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-30 at 07:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

(It'd be nice if people actually read what I said instead of deciding what I said was something else or just entirely ignoring it and jumping onto the pile.)
    Standard Ramsus defense.

You know, things might just go a whole lot better for you if you didn't insist on protecting your wolf strategy when you play as a villager. After parsing all the words you've put down, I must come to the conclusion that you haven't actually said anything, not really.

So I guess I'll just have to settle for saying I told you so and glaring later when I turn out not to be a wolf and you guys lynched me anyway and cost me a win because not a single person could be bothered to look at the backlogs instead of just lynching me based on it being more convenient to listen to the wolves than to bother to analyze things.
    You already have one, maybe even two, wins. I woke up dead to watch you claim it. You may even have been the one who condemned me to that fate.

And here I thought I was competitive.
    The BareFoot Programmer

23. - Top - End - #593
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    Ok, you guys, you're getting out of hand. It is still a game, and I understand that we don't get other peoples actions even though we want to, and I get defences or offenses to lynch someone are poorly constructed, but actually getting this far in 'hating' someone is too much. I suggest we calm down.
    What he said. Please. Just a game. Better yet, one that CAN come back in. Sorry if you die, but it's not over, can return. If don't want to, that's your prerogative. Some died and never returned.

Yes, Ramsus is annoyed b/c sick and likely to be lynched. Yes, planswalker just wants him dead w/o rebuttal. But still over 24 hours left in this round and don't want it filled with complaining. Find some way to talk nicely or don't talk at all. Thank you.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Dwarf in the Playground

you know i kind of lost the will for this game as well
    Only reason the three of us voted for Ramsus the other times is some of his votes looked . . . not necessarily phoned in, but just kind of off.
    And he did say that he was sick before so bleh
    On top of that it is true that Ramsus would be a high target on a persons void/disguise list, so you know whatever.
    i just want a big boom to take the three of us away this role musical chair game is kind of just i don't know not right
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

so....

anyone on the east coast, how's the weather.

wait, dammit, you just asked no complaining.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

losing my temper after hearing someone whine and complain and wail about getting lynched for the "wrong reasons" without saying a single constructive thing.
    Again, stop insulting me. It's rude. If you feel we're lacking constructive things said, why don't you find some to say? Imo "don't lynch me, here are some reasons it makes little sense to believe I'm a wolf" is a lot more constructive than "lol nope -insert multiple insults and mockery-".

Edit: Also, TBF I don't see how I have two wins? I only have two if I live tomorrow or all the original wolves have died (which they haven't). Then there's the last win for all the wolves dying but, obviously I haven't gotten that unless I'm working under special rules for who the wolves are for me or something and nobody told me.

So, I only have 1. And like...what does you dying have to do with anything outside of you saying "I don't care if you don't get another win because I don't have any!" ?

Edit 2: And I'm not especially competitive (though I do try to put some effort into winning, which oddly enough for a werewolf game does not seem to be something every single person who signed up does). It's just that I'm pretty sick of getting lynched/killed because people ignore everything I say and go "those aren't reasons, those are......smeasons! lalalala not listening, have a couple insults and mocking and we're gonna lynch you anyway and even if we're wrong we will never admit we made the wrong choice or that our behavior was inappropriate.", instead of actually just countering my logic like happens for anyone else.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 09:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

as per narrator request, I've dropped this.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll rejoin as number 26.

I am noticing that people are tending to get lynched or killed just before they get a survival win. I can't say if it's deliberate or coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if people were taking that into account.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

well, we don't mean to let wolves accrue any more wins than we can help with, so that's part of it.

Another part will be that wolves want to deny wins to town.

Another part would be that the times when someone was only a phase or two away from a win and then they die stand out more than times when they die and they weren't close.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

so....

anyone on the east coast, how's the weather.
    There was some lovely snow. Which became rain. That was much less pleasant.

Let's take a look at the originals left:

Devmaar: So quiet, I didn't know he existed until that list. Worth pressuring.
    bladescape: On the down-low, but not wolfish. He'd say more if he were a wolf. Possible neutral.
    &we: Executioner claimant. No counterclaim. Seer scried him as town.
    TigerFang: Last surviving mason. No counterclaim.
    Ramsus: Using his usual lynching defenses. Scried as a wolf.
    Grue Bait: Wait, he's playing this? He's too quiet. Worth pressuring. I don't recall a claim from him.
    Zar Peter: Seer/Fool, likely Seer. No counterclaim.
    Matthias: Seer/Fool, likely Fool. No counterclaim.

Let's see... we don't have a claimed Baner, but for all we know, the Baner is already dead. There are two wolves left from the originals, Beast and Disguiser. Now, there are four people without claims. Ramsus, Devmaar, bladescape, and Grue Bait. Ramsus is the most vocal. He's been mis-scried a few times. He's a popular target. When he is finally scried, it's by a proven seer, and as a wolf. While it is possible that he was disguised, it is unlikely. At the same time, he has provided little for his defense other than "don't lynch me, I want to win." So does everyone else.

Now, I would like to hear from the Seer/Fools, and I would like to hear from Grue Bait and Devmaar, 'cause statistics say one of youse be a wolf.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.