New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

His ult builds off AP, and if this was "the old days" and all his abilities scaled off AP, no one would ever build him AD.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Apart from the rather obvious Black Cleaver, what new items does Talon profit from? Does Muramasa fit in with him, or is he too much AOE damage and not enough AA/single target?
    While Muramasa has made Manamune a much better item for several champions, Talon has neither the mana usage requirements nor the single-target damage focus to take advantage of it. BC, BT, LW, Scimitar, and GA would be my build of choice.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I got my friend to try out Black Cleaver MF on Summoner's Rift for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICtdgBrj8.

Guess we were right about MF's ult doing physical damage and applying max stacks of the armor debuff to almost the entire enemy team.

Edit: Pertinent stats of armor pen were 69 flat, 40% from Last Whisper and 30% from Black Cleaver resulting in true damage on anyone with less than 165 armor.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-12-06 at 10:22 AM.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    It's nice on paper, but it means he has to build Infinity Edge, when his crit-synergy is not phenomenal. It also means building Sword of the Divine, which I don't see getting much use past this one little trick. I just think it's a rather gimmicky way of spending about 6k gold, when you could be getting the more conventional and consistent Bloodthirster and Last Whisper to shoot people's heads off, with maybe a Brutalizer thrown in.
    I think that the point of SotD Jayce is that a champion with a ranged auto, 30% AD steroid, and like 200% AS steroid literally has the best crit scaling in the game

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Are there other champions I should buy instead? Is there a reason why I *shouldn't* grab Varus?
    Varus is... odd. I know a few people who love him as their favourite carry. But I also know people, myself included, who played him once and just thought 'Well, that was Exactly like playing a blend of every other carry. (Especially MF and Ashe)'
    So... how many carries do you play? The ideal answer is one.

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Varus is a weird one. I think he can actually be run as an AP right now.
    My instinct is to argue, but then I remember we're on the preaseason patch, so... man, I don't even know.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    There have been several posts on GD about this. All stacking Black Cleavers does is allow you to get up to 3 stacks faster. It doesn't shred more armor.
    Except you aren't buying Cleaver for the passive... you're buying it for the stats, which are no longer unique passives (a la Brutalizer).

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

That. As cool as SotD Jayce happens to be, when you get 15 ArPen, 50AD, 10% CDR, and 250 HP in one item slot there's very little incentive to build anything else. Two or three of those, a BT, a LW, and like GA, Randuin's, FH, Scimitar, or something. The Black cleaver passive isn't very important.

Speaking of it, though, can someone confirm or deny that if you build two Cleaving items (like Frozen Fist and Tiamat) with your BC, do the splashes apply one BC stack total or one BC stack each?

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Even for Taric, who hates most of the new items, Shurelya's and Crucible are way higher priorities than finishing Bulwark. Of course, that just leaves the question of how he's ever going to fit Kage's, Philo, Sightstone, Chalice, and Emblem into his early game.

The nice thing is that Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone have obscenely high sellback value, so buying them early shouldn't compromise slot efficiency too much later on.
    I built Bulwark yesterday on Taric. Tabi, Bulwark and ... I'm not sure what else I had, but I had something like 200 Armor 150 MR. I was the team's main tank.

That's why I like playing Taric, you don't need CDR, you can just build tanky and sit on the AD carry. You provide a lot of free stats and your peel isn't very good, but its better than nothing.

edit: Bulwark and Locket of the Iron Solari. 200+Armor and 150 MR or so.
    Last edited by toasty; 2012-12-06 at 11:09 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the official votes are in. I guess I'll be Ultn Gragas Style!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I built Bulwark yesterday on Taric. Tabi, Bulwark and ... I'm not sure what else I had, but I had something like 200 Armor 150 MR. I was the team's main tank.

That's why I like playing Taric, you don't need CDR, you can just build tanky and sit on the AD carry. You provide a lot of free stats and your peel isn't very good, but its better than nothing.

edit: Bulwark and Locket of the Iron Solari. 200+Armor and 150 MR or so.
    If you're just sitting on the AD carry and peeling, you don't actually have to be main-tank tanky, just enough so to be an unappealing focus target who can get between the bruisers and your carry. Upgrading to Bulwark only gave your AD carry 20 extra MR. Shurelya's would give him a Ghost, Crucible would give him a Cleanse. In the absence of a CC-independent mage assassin like Akali, those effects are Just Better for your AD. (For that matter, all you got for your 1050 gold was 30 MR and 150 health. That's not even cost-efficient, unlike Aegis, or at least pre-patch Aegis.)

I just feel like upgrading to Bulwark is like upgrading Hexdrinker to Maw: a good way to spend gold when you run out of slots, but before that you simply have better things to buy.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Help a poor guy out? How to play Janna in lane? Most other supports I've tried generally have pretty clear goals of what they should be accomplishing during the laning phase, but for whatever reason Janna hasn't really 'clicked' with me as to what her kit is suited for in lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Help a poor guy out? How to play Janna in lane? Most other supports I've tried generally have pretty clear goals of what they should be accomplishing during the laning phase, but for whatever reason Janna hasn't really 'clicked' with me as to what her kit is suited for in lane.
    Janna depends on proper coordination of ability usage with the AD carry. Shield is central to her gameplay; apart from reactively preventing damage and enabling better last-hitting, it's the signal for the AD carry to begin an engagement. Tornadoes and Zephyrs control the fight and flight of enemies, respectively. Because Janna has a varied toolbox, her approach to laning varies based on the enemy lane. Against an all-in lane, the goal is to let the AD make advantageous harass trades with shield while avoiding the all-ins with mobility. Against a heal/harass lane, the goal is to build an advantageous trade with positioning and then pound it home with Zephyr/Tornado chase. Since Janna has no sustain and uses her shield on the AD, positioning to avoid being focused or collaterally harassed is very important. Appropriate timings of shield, tornado, and ult are also critical to playing Janna properly.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I think that the point of SotD Jayce is that a champion with a ranged auto, 30% AD steroid, and like 200% AS steroid literally has the best crit scaling in the game
    Jayce wastes the massive ASpd buff the item has tho; I'd rather prefer a champion with large inherent damage buff like Vayne Ult.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    If you're just sitting on the AD carry and peeling, you don't actually have to be main-tank tanky, just enough so to be an unappealing focus target who can get between the bruisers and your carry. Upgrading to Bulwark only gave your AD carry 20 extra MR. Shurelya's would give him a Ghost, Crucible would give him a Cleanse. In the absence of a CC-independent mage assassin like Akali, those effects are Just Better for your AD. (For that matter, all you got for your 1050 gold was 30 MR and 150 health. That's not even cost-efficient, unlike Aegis, or at least pre-patch Aegis.)

I just feel like upgrading to Bulwark is like upgrading Hexdrinker to Maw: a good way to spend gold when you run out of slots, but before that you simply have better things to buy.
    Okay, I see where the issue is: You are thinking in terms of just benefits to ad carries, while I'm thinking of benefits for the whole team.

Against most aoe mids, aegis gives better stats then Crucible to the team. It's 20 + 15 mr per person on aegis as opposed to the 40 mr for one person(Which, once you hit 3 people, gives out more mr to the team). The mana regen, as I stated before, isn't necessary in my opinion on taric so that's not really a concern (Plus, now that mana manipulator can be built into a build (kages plus that for shard) it might be viable to pick up if you need that extra mana regen), and the up to 50 bonus armor for the team is a benefit in the midgame, as well as the emblem itself for laning. The cleanse is really nice, I'll fully admit. So is the mana regen. I just don't see them as as good as the stats aegis or bulwark gives once you hit midgame. I will admit though, that for a hypercarry comp or if you are plannning on a long laning phase, Crucible would be really nice. And I'm not saying to never pick up cruicible either, it's just that aegis is more useful for the midgame when teamfights start and it's item it builds from is better for laning.

What you get for each item:

Main item it builds from:
    Aegis: Emblem 20 armor, 7 health regen per 5 to team - cost 650
    Cruicible : Chalice 25 MR, 7 mana regen per 5 to self + mana regen passive - cost 880

Stats for item
    Aegis 250 health, 20 + 10 * allied champs armor(up to 60 total), 20 + 15 * allied champs MR(up to 80 total), 10 health per 5 - cost 2150

Crucible: Cleanse on 180 second cooldown, 300 mana, 40 mr 9 mana + 5, mana regen passive. - cost 2200

Champs like lulu and sona should definitely pick Cruicible over aegis. I think Aegis is still better for leona and taric, looking at the stats. (Other then specific cases. There are probably times when aegis rush might be better on lulu and sona too, though those would be as rare as Cruicible on taric and leona).

Looking though, going for Bulwark may not be the best option unless you are facing a really strong aoe mid. I'll have to give it some thought.

EDIT: (As a sidenote, Bulwark gives 150 health and 50 global mr (20 mr comes from NMM so I'm going to count that somewhat separately) It would be nice if Bulwark kept the 10 mr instead of losing 10 mr on the wielder though, to be honest. I guess it needed to go for balancing purposes.) But as is it isn't worth the 1000ish gold cost for the stats it gives. Just aegis as opposed to Bulwark for my arguments still works though.
    Last edited by TFT; 2012-12-06 at 02:22 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

15. - Top - End - #1365

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Speaking of it, though, can someone confirm or deny that if you build two Cleaving items (like Frozen Fist and Tiamat) with your BC, do the splashes apply one BC stack total or one BC stack each?
    Just tried it as GP. Qing a minion next to an enemy champion gives said enemy champion two Black Cleaver stacks with Tiamat and Frozen Fist.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Jayce wastes the massive ASpd buff the item has tho; I'd rather prefer a champion with large inherent damage buff like Vayne Ult.
    Vayne is a carry, though, and so she loses a MASSIVE amount of sustained damage when SotD is down. Jayce is still an AD caster/bruiser. SotD also interacts poorly with PD.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Question: how does the non-stacking of named Uniques work when there's more difference than just damage? For example, all the items that build from Sheen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    How is that relevant? The item-active wastes the ASpd buff of the item already, so the gimmick really doesn't care about the ASpd enough to care that the champ doesn't use it well.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I just tried out Jungle Tryndamere in a bot game.

Opened machete 5 pots, got an amazing le- well, I can't call it leashing now can I? Fiddles E'd Red and dealt buckets of damage to it. I proceeded to run around camps, never really ganked until midgame, had boots and an avarice blade, wriggles and I *think* a full infinity edge. I'm not too sure if it's doable/viable/worth it in normal games at the moment.

But...

Oh My God I Hit Like a Truck.

End Items (I have no idea of this was even optimal): Ravenous Hydra, Blade of the Ruined King, Statikk Shiv, Infinity Edge, Berserker's Greaves, and a Bloodthirster.

I easily towered as the Barbarian King of damage amongst the people I was playing with at 460,076 damage (the runner up was Jax at 310,497).
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    How is that relevant? The item-active wastes the ASpd buff of the item already, so the gimmick really doesn't care about the ASpd enough to care that the champ doesn't use it well.
    Huh? You deliver the damage in a shorter period of time which is pretty much exactly the point of ASpd; I don't see how that's irrelevant.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

So i just got Ezreal for the first time ever and im wondering if anyone has some season 3 build advice. Everything i know about him or can find is season 2 stuff or older.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I start crystal+pots and rush a sheen, then build trinity force. After that, standard carry... I have been experimenting with tear before sheen, but I fear it takes too long for anything to come online.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

I've been told that muramana is excellent on Ezreal. I don't believe it, since Ezreal typically only builds Trinity for mana, but hey, I'm just a cat.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

He's one of very few characters who spams enough to stack it, autoattacks enough to benefit from it, and uses mana little enough not to miss the depths of his mana pool that it devours.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I've been told that muramana is excellent on Ezreal. I don't believe it, since Ezreal typically only builds Trinity for mana, but hey, I'm just a cat.
    Chaox was building it on Ez all yesterday (or the day before, I forget) and was doing amazing poke damage with it. However, even with the extra mana, the mana infused autoattack do drain your mana very quickly.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Bugbear in the Playground

Suggestion for next thread's title: We're All Noobs Now!
    Or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Half of the active is a +100%AS buff. If you're pairing it with a champ's ability that caps his AS, that means that half of the active is literally having no effect.

It could be that I'm building Jayce wrong, but I don't think I would ever pick up IE on him. BT is always preferred because the flat AD actually works with his abilities (notably, gated Q), and he can't build that squishy because he wants to be able to jump into melee and use his hammer form so he can't really build that many pure offensive items. Overall, AS just doesn't seem that great on him - he's semi-AD caster and has his cannon W for when he really needs to shoot fast.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

League of Legends XLI: Ohmwrecked on the Lane
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Half of the active is a +100%AS buff. If you're pairing it with a champ's ability that caps his AS, that means that half of the active is literally having no effect.
    As someone who makes a habit of re-reading item descriptions during these discussions, I demand to know how I missed this!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    It could be that I'm building Jayce wrong, but I don't think I would ever pick up IE on him. BT is always preferred because the flat AD actually works with his abilities (notably, gated Q), and he can't build that squishy because he wants to be able to jump into melee and use his hammer form so he can't really build that many pure offensive items. Overall, AS just doesn't seem that great on him - he's semi-AD caster and has his cannon W for when he really needs to shoot fast.
    Laudandus swears by CDR-tank on him, and Aether and I both advocated BT on him in S2. The SotD thing, I'm not sold on the overall viability of it, but I still don't think the AS-scaling issue is that big of an actual issue.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    He's one of very few characters who spams enough to stack it, autoattacks enough to benefit from it, and uses mana little enough not to miss the depths of his mana pool that it devours.
    Muramana Teemo? Does Toxic Shot charge and/or apply Muramana goodness

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Muramana Teemo? Does Toxic Shot charge and/or apply Muramana goodness
    Single target spells and autoattacks only. Thank god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show