Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the fact, that I have faithfully served the city and helped its people isn't tangible enough, then I have no reason to reside here.

As for poisoned bullet, I'm not certain how Wardens could do it, with ESBA providing the guns, but I guess a sleight of hand might have accomplished a switch. I shall make certain my life isn't in danger and inform ESBA. I thank you for your warning.

ESBA [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ESGE has spoken to me about poisoned bullets. I highly doubt anything like that was involved in the duel, but I think a quick check to see, if they were switched wouldn't take much of your time - they'd need to be altered, as simply coating them with poison wouldn't work and as such any deception would be revealed right away. Apologies for such inconvenience.

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case, checking bullets - if they were switched and whether Vasari was poisoned with something slow acting. I've got V3 & Pharmacology.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

SGA-GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What is the general feeling in Gregoria? I can't imagine they're very happy. Wasn't that what their civil war was about?

2. I am assuming that this "Hackeyed-Knight" and the "Seinvil Pews" fellow are the leaders of this mob that broke through Traitors Gate and moved to Triphage Untima? Do any of my various contacts know anything about those two?

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hm, what? I'm sure I suggested nothing of the sort. You have served the city quite admirably, increasing the standards of doctoring tremendously.

Well, I never thought that the dueling pistols could have been rigged. Wise of you to be cautious.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-04-03 at 08:26 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Nobles of Sav Altulus, sans Champions/Wren (incl. Laurier, ESGE) [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Lord Founder – I know you don’t like political squabbles, but I do not wish to insult your grace, by excluding you from my query. However, I wouldn't be surprised, if you develop a case of cold, that may prevent your reply]

Greetings, Lords of Sav Altulus. I am a citizen of Sav Altulus and I find myself in a situation, for which I humbly beg your clarification.

As you’ve heard King James has named Brigitta Stonecutter a Duke, high noble title. Now as the rightful King of Talidor and Sav Altulus, he of course holds power to grant noble titles. And as such Brigitta Stonecutter now would hold the high noble station.

So I ask you my Lords, is Brigtta Stonecutter indeed one of you? Should I accord her the same respect, that any other nobleman of her rank is due? As a citizen of the city, I must follow the decrees of its rightful ruler – to do otherwise would mean treason. Yet, I can’t help but think, that bowing to the Orkish Warlords, before I bow to you would be… inappropriate.

I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #1445

NinjaGuy

To Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, we got a business proposal for ya. nterested? Come by."

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Nepsoh

To Order of the Wren (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

The churches occupation of the Pits seems to have been a bit of a misunderstanding. We are sure we can come to an agreement for its transfer to the Wren, we must ask will you continue your search for this Red Eye immitator?

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Combined Fools' Legion

You run here and there, attack and run again, face me with an army of rabble in one direction and nibble at my territory elsewhere.

Here's an announcement. Not an ultimatum, not a threat, not a warning - just a fact.

The Warden Order is going to be walking into Gilded. And we're going to remove everything that attempts to oppose us in some way from existance.

Face us if you dare. Run if you want. Try and attack us elsewhere if you feel that you can win that way. But if you won't stand in the field now, know that you will never do so again, your forces will know of your cowardice and the fact that the Warden Order will defeat anyone in a stand-up battle will be incontrovertibly carved into the history of this city.

I hope to see you soon.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To The Church of Neposh [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see. Yes, I will continue my hunt. It took me many months to take in the killer Redeye, and the trail for this killer is not cold yet.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Issue A

I seem to have been visiting you often lately. There’s a bit of problem in the Triphage Untima. An army of [22 MIL] of adventurers are digging deep in search of Zanchar’s treasures. I fully expect them to reactivate some ancient weapon of the Elves or unleash some curse on the city in the process. You have fed the Runner’s City in the time of trouble. Frankly, It was you, who Champions should have honoured with titles and lands, not Orks, who have caused the famine in the first place. Would you not do the same kindness for the people Triphage Untima? There is nobody else in the city, who is better suited to keep an eye on the ancient arcane secrets of long dead Empires and make certain no terrible evil of old days awakens.

You have the resources – help me reign in the ''adventurers'', so they stop wrecking the whole District and whatever your own Mages find in Triphage Untima would naturally go to the Daimot University.

Issue B

I should say the city is in a bit of a pickle. I believe, you once worked with House Matoff to compete with House Wallen for influence in Sky, thus I would assume, that while you are a bit averse to politics, sometimes you do dabble.

Now, as I’ve said before, there is a massive army of mercenaries in Triphage Untime, due to rumors, and I quote how it was said to me:

The word is out, and all the killers answered. Sav Altulas is a free-for-all, they say, where anyone ruthless enough might carve out a kingdom or a fortune, so long as all the rest of ‘em trying to do the same don’t cut you down first.
    We both know why this is happening. A weak ruler invites foreign enemies. If Desoui was still alive, the wouldn’t dare to pass the Traitor’s Bridge. Why, if Council was still a thing… well, it didn’t exactly rule, but it managed to a degree. What we have right now is a King on the Throne in the Daisong Place, who allowed his other Kingdom to be conquered twice, ignored Orks attacking our food caravans, which would have been bad, if it weren’t for your gracious intervention and then made an Ork Warlord, who openly insults Sav Altulus and him, into a Duke, in a sham pretense, that it was his plan all along, something said Ork Warlord cheerfully contradicted right away. Rumors are flying – and now we are seen as a weak prey to every would-be pretender in the Shattered Lands.

We need to reclaim the image of strength, the respect and fear that our power must inspire in others, so we may keep the wolves at bay. Lord Founder – can you unite the nobles of the Sky District? They respect you and between a weak, young and experienced King and somebody of your age and wisdom, they’ll follow you.

SGA/Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m besieged at Triphage Untima, by an army of ''adventurers'', seeking some non-existent treasure. A number of them come from Merdallan, so they would trust you more and your abilities of persuasion are quite famous. Perhaps you can redirect some of the miscreants to a more productive project?

I’d also like to inquire about your thoughts on the recent events. Will House Laurier remain on the side-lines or is there some way the Guilds can gain you as an ally?

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    A minor point, but I think Peacocks should have about 12 WEL, after previous turn gains. They used 10 in EoT. Just curious.

Wardens

''And how do we know it's not a trick? I remember you claimed to send troops to Medicant Fields and then used them to attack Ram. You've been losing battle after battle, territory, after territory, so maybe you seek advantage in lies. Words of untrustworthy snakes are cheap. Can you give something with more worth?''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-04-04 at 01:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450

ESGE

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if this isn't ironic. Now you're trying to rope me into treason? No sir, If I were to commit treason, I would do it myself, not at the suggestion of someone else.

No, I think your first issue is a result of the second. You are being punished for your treason, albeit in an underhanded manner.

What is this quarrel you have with King James? Here I thought it was the wardens after you, or Wallen. My friend, you're jumping at ghosts.

I'm afraid I may be quite busy providing food for the city for the time being.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-04-04 at 03:19 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE /6/
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not certain how it is ironic.

What do you mean I am being punished for my treason, which as I understand I've commited during this conversation? We are talking about some mighty feats of time magic here.

Quarrel with King James? I quite like the man, if he wasn't pretending to be King. When SGA was ready to bow knee to him, he attacked us. When war between SGA and Wardens brewed, he did nothing to stop it. When Orks caused famine, he ignored it. When they called our city an old dying fossil and theirs civiliyation, that would raise on our ashes, he gave them lands and titles. He swore to be King of Gregoria and in a few months the nation has been conquered twice. Now the city is swarming with foreign mercenaries.

Tell me - do I tell lies? If I have misunderstood what has been happening, then explain to me, where am I wrong?

And I believe Ram has started to supply food to the Runner's City, so certainly your mages don't need to work on it as hard. Why do you help Runner's City, yet, when Triphage Untima is in trouble, you turn a blind eye?

12. - Top - End - #1452

ESGE

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I'm sorry, It was someone else entirely who was accusing James of treason a while back. My mistake. And that's right, he did attack you unprovoked, didn't he? How silly of me to forget.

However, you did ask me to actively move against the King, which would be folly in itself. I would be happy to help remove the raiders from Triumphage Ultima, however I won't be taking the Champion's territory and claiming the throne for myself. I don't believe he is a good king, but he is a king.

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir, I must ask why you have granted Brigtta Stonecutter a noble title? Need I remind you that the orks are among the least popular groups in the city? [ooc: they are tied for LAST for REP] As far as I can tell they have done nothing to help this city. If you could explain your reasoning I would be much more assured of your decision.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Colossus in the Playground

Orcs of Tregon

"Do keep talking Vasari. Your letters are very popular with the comedians around here."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE /6/
    Spoiler
    Show

I used to be James supporter you know. Remember the time, when he called on the city to pay taxes? Bloodhaven paid our dues for two months, before he himself retired the idea. We built clinics together. I had plans to unite the SGA's resources and Wardens military power, as I was naive about their true nature at the time.

And the first to confirm, that his blood may indeed be royal was Sausage Guild. Before my eyes Urso Bloodhand conducted his ritual and told us, that he had the potential of royalty. The royal spark. When Sausage Guild was attacked, I saw that Warden's poison has made him weak, a puppet to their designs. But I still believed.

I have believed it until the last month, when his agents have called me a bloody murderer, without a shred of proof. You have your opinion of the affair, but even if you think I'm capable of shady acts, you haven't thought me capable of killing people, haven't publicly accused me. So after he believed me to be a monster, how can I believe him to be the rightful king? This is the source of my treason, Lord Founder. I have my demons . But I am not a demon myself. And I will not stand anybody call me one.

Apologies... I fear I've strayed from the topic of our discussion. I thank you for your assistance. Should Bloodhaven fall, I will be glad to know I would be able to entrust my influence in the University to you.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the ESGE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Orcs said themselves, they were going to take Gregoria with or without our approval. I made them a noble without properly considering the alternatives. I should have given them a common title; Administrator, Governor. Instead I've insulted the established nobility, who've earned the right to bear such a title.

I would rather the entire thing were not necessary, but Bloodhaven puts us in an awkward position. I should have realised they would go on the offensive when we took out the Sausage Guild. Attacking our forces in Gilded would have been bad enough, but they also murdered dozens of our agents with blood magic.

I can not allow such treason to go unpunished. Unfortunately they've gathered quite a power-base to themselves. I'm unsure why the Silversmiths are loyal to them, but the mercantile Guild is understandable, they've never cared for anything but their coin. I know I will be victorious, but in the meantime the Kingdoms situation is fragile, I must make deals I would not normally consider.

I would ask that you do not engage the raiders in Triumphage. They are in territory occupied by traitors to the throne.
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-04-04 at 04:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Orcs of Tregon

That's an interesting position, your Grace. So being associated with us is an insult? Would you, perhaps, rather not be seen in our presence? Feel free to stay in your city, then, and not hire as again.You also seem to be implying that we do not have the right to noble titles. What then, gives your nobility the right to have them, if not their historical prowess at conquest and warfare? Is there a waiting period, perhaps, between being a warlord and becoming a noble? We can see no other difference.

Perhaps our letter at the beginning of this week was too subtle:
    We don't give a **** about your titles. Call us whatever you want. We hold Gregoria now. Your only claim on it is conquest. We have conquered it as well, but it has also been our homeland for generations.

17. - Top - End - #1457

ESGE [7]

To Orcs
    For clarification, I would like to point out one major difference between the nobility of Sav Altuas and a petty warlord. The nobility has the approval of the majority of the populous. You sir, most definitely do not. Ruling through fear, however efficient, does not grant one respectability. You may have your homeland and be welcome to it, but do not presume to have the respect of it's people.

When you have earned the public's trust, then shall you be looked upon as equal to the nobility.
    [ooc: This is justified. You are tied for last in REP]

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am sorry for your plight, but there is little I can do now. But how entertaining it would be to show the King and his subjects what evidence you have for his lies and deceit and watch him squirm under the weight of the truth.

Well to be honest, it would at least clear up my confusion somewhat. I'm caught between two people who each say the other has no evidence for his accusation, yet seems to be entirely assured of his own. I have yet to have any of that evidence presented to me from either party, though, so I cannot be sure whom to believe.

James
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good lord, I had no idea the extent of his treachery! You know this is true? I was under the impression that it was the Sausage guild that specialized in blood magic. I have seen evidence of them trying to flood the vaults of flesh when our research team was down there, so I would not put it past them.

Ah, but this is interesting! Vassari says you haven't a shred of proof. How entertaining it would be to show him what evidence you have for his treachery and watch him squirm beneath the weight of the undeniable truth!

Well to be honest it would at least clear up my confusion somewhat. I'm caught between two people who each say the other has no evidence for his accusation, yet seems to be entirely assured of his own. I have yet to have any of that evidence presented to me from either party, though, so I cannot be sure whom to believe.

I would just like to bring up the matter of the Redeye impersonator(s) and point out that there are actually multiple groups impersonating Redeye- as many as three. One is poisoning people, but none have died of it, all of which were in Bloodhaven's records and had gone previously; one is poisoning people an they all have died of it, but none were already in Bloodhaven's records or related to Bloodhaven in any way; and another unknown group of assassins. It is quite mysterious, and I believe at least one group is trying to pin their deeds on one of the others.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well. Let me present the evidence.

When SGA was ready to bow knee to him, he attacked us.
    You can ask Lord Laurier - Sausage Guild was calling on us to follow James authority and mend bridges with Wardens. He can also confirm, that James never given us such option. You know that Sausage Guild was attacked.

Code:
    When war between SGA and Wardens brewed, he did nothing to stop it.
    You were at the meeting, when I expressed my fear at the Wardens attacking - which you know they did in Gilded. James ignored my words.

When Orks caused famine, he ignored it.
    The Orks publicly confessed to attacking caravans, bringing food to the city. You know that no action was taken against them.

When they called our city an old dying fossil and theirs civilization, that would raise on our ashes, he gave them lands and titles.
    Orks have spoken publicly their contempt for our civilization. They were given noble titles and land. They were going to take it anyway, but to make them nobles for that?

And as far as I can tell from their public announcement, they've intercepted messages between you and James. They are shamelessly spying on the nobles of Sav Altulus, fearing no reprisal.

He swore to be King of Gregoria and in a few months the nation has been conquered twice.
    You can ask Gregorians in the city - Gregoria was conquered by Tinman Legion. Instead of coming to the rescue of his people - people he sworn to defend, James attacked Sausage Guild - people, who sworn to follow him.
    Next month, he did nothing to attempt to reclaim it. And then Orks took it and he discarded it.

Now the city is swarming with foreign mercenaries.
    Well, this is what I asked you to help me with.

I have believed it until the last month, when his agents have called me a bloody murderer, without a shred of proof.
    You were part of the investigation, so you know that no proof against me was discovered. Yet it's public knowledge, that Sir Ambrose claimed I was the murderer, with full authority of Champions behind him [REP Action].

I believe I've given a clear enough evidence of my words and I would be within my right to ask for some evidence in return. Can James prove that he is the King? As far as I know the only evidence of that was Sausage Guild's claim, that his blood might have the royal spark. And then they were attacked, as far as I know unjustly, as no reason for it was ever given.

[OOC: I won't admit to reading your-James messages so either I ask if there are any accusations leveled against me or bring it up as a rumors that I've heard.]

Champions say, that their agents were attacked. I don't know whether it's true - I've heard they were participating in the Redeye Imitator's investigation, alive and well. And wouldn't the King's agent at that time have be in Gregoria, working to liberate it from enemy occupation? Well, maybe not.

Now, what I know is that this happened after the Sausage Guild was attacked without provocation. And my sources in the criminal world, claim, there was some attempt by some thieves to steal Sausage Guild's wealth, as they were leaving the city. An attempt that due to some circumstances failed. So Lord Founder - hypothetically speaking, if a man broke into your house, killed your butler and then started filling the sack with your valuables, at what point would you feel justified to shoot him with your rifle?

Lord Founder. I'm not accusing James of any shady crime, but of one open and accepted - war. He and his allies are waging war on the Guilds - an unprovoked attack on the Sausage Guild, an attempt to capture Gilded District from SGA, the recent attack on Stacks, orks attacking Mercantile Guild's caravans. The people are used to warlords ruling them - of the strong attacking those weaker to loot and conquer. Will they care, if I pronounce him such? But while Wardens, James and Wren wage this war on us, Sav Altulus falls into ruin. ESGE is strong, so you'll weather this storm, but the rest of the city... I don't know.

ESBA/Bookbinders/Church of Neposh/ESGE/House Laurier [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

My good sirs. As you know, a massive army of miscreants is currently wreaking havoc in the Triphage Untima. The losses in income, harassment of citizens, murders, mostly of each other thankfully, but my people are getting into a crossfire.

I humbly ask for your assistance to bring some order to this chaos. And I’d like to name the culprit. After talking with several of these ''adventurers'', they said they are here, because of the rumors – that, and I quote his words, removing those, that can’t be mentioned in polite society,

''
    Sav Altulas is a free-for-all, where anyone ruthless enough might carve out a kingdom or a fortune, so long as all the rest of ‘em trying to do the same don’t cut you down first.
    ’’

Our city was painted as a lawless cesspool, where one can kill and steal at leisure.

Now, after some interrogations, I’ve determined the source of said rumors: Wardens, Wren, Champions, Tregon and Ram.

An army of (22 MIL), searching for some elvish treasure, which I sincerely hope they’ll find, otherwise they’d disperse around the city, and take their pound of flesh from the wealthy citizenry - such as good merchants of Lomb Circle for example or people of Old Town. Here at the invitation of people, who apparently wish to see our city burn, if it gets their opponents killed.

Gentelmen, this is an outrage. I’m at loss for words.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-04-05 at 02:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Church of Neposh

To Wool Street Gang (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Harvey Hashawk comes to the Wool Street Gang seeking to talk with their leader.
    "We trust you have been enjoying the peace Oldtown has been enjoying since the Church took control, despite the problems of the rest of the city. The Church has some work that may be well suited to you and your group. The Wrekan family has been sowing discontent in Oldtown and if they are not taken care of soon they will restart the conflicts that used to plague Oldtown. The Church is too public to take care of this problem, would you be willing to take care of it for us?

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Vassari

"A liar and traitor spies his own image in every mirror."

I do not care whether you believe me or not. There has never been a time in the history of Sav Altulas where a full deployment of the Order has been defeated in the field. I am of the mind, that there never will be. If you care to try and prove me wrong, this is your chance. If you hide your fear behind your worthless doubt, then that just makes you twice the fool.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I might, I would like to interject, and speak to the reasons that, I personally, have taken to be the cause of conflict with the SGA.

I am, however, a meagre servant of the Throne, and these words only my opinions.

The conflict with the Sausage Guild was merely a facet of an ongoing political struggle. The Guilds might have paid occasional lip service to the crown, but their pretense that they were loyal to anything more than their own fortunes is a false one.

The conflict with the Sausage Guild was resolved, to the satisfaction of both parties. The Sausage Guild surrendered, and peaceably left the city. At no point did they call for violence in their defence.

This left a large portion of the city under no faction, and, with the blessing of the crown, the Wardens sought to bring parts of Gilded under their protection.

In attempting to do this, they were attacked, and conflict was rife in the streets of Gilded, as Bloodhaven, Mercantile, and Silversmith men fought with Warden soldiers.

Perhaps this was a misunderstanding, and perhaps peace could yet have prevailed, and Gilded partioned between the two sides. However, resentment festered in the hearts of all sides, and attempts by the Throne to resolve the dispute floundered.

At this same time, as you know, my men were murdered. It is my belief that all the attacks were perpetrated by one faction. The target was my men. The others were mere screening actions, to distract from their objective.

I will not claim that Vassari is responsible for the attacks, as my King and the Wardens do. He is a man I yet consider a friend, and I cannot believe such base acts are worthy of him. And yet. His faction had the access to Redeyes poisons. It was his doctors who analysed and understood it. I believe such an attack must have taken their poison from Bloodhaven, whether it was traitors or men acting under orders, I do not know.

If you seek the truth of this, I will be continuing my investigations, and I hope I will have your support.

But this is a distraction. Now to the events of this month. Not one but two great forces of fighters crossed the Traitors Bridge. The Mercantile Guild hired a truly massive force to crush the Wardens. The Wardens are sworn to the throne, and these attacks in themselves are treasonous enough.

And then, there are these foreign adventurers. They are a symptom of the civil war no doubt, and a dangerous one. We must not allow this conflict to drag on, and so tear the city apart.

If you desire to help drive them out, I wish you speed. They are no friends of mine.

Who is to blame for the war? Both sides, as in all war. It is the city that emerges after the fighting is done that I fear for.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-04-05 at 04:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Orcs of Tregon to the Technist's Guilld

Spoiler
    Show
    Could you send a representative? We might have a few projects for you, if you are interested.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Wardens
    Never been defeated in the field? I'm pretty sure that I would consider this last month a defeat for your Order, as small as it may have been. Those mercenaries managed to seize Gateway Millanus from you despite what I assume to be the majority--if not all--of your military forces opposing them and they would have done far better had they been trained soldiers. I admit that it was a very small defeat, but it was a defeat nonetheless.

24. - Top - End - #1464

NinjaGuy

Technists guild to Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sure, we are always up for business"

OOC: My VIP is alredy engaged in a PM this turn, so we'll have to discuss this over here.

25. - Top - End - #1465

Orcs to Technists

Spoiler
    Show
    Not too happy about that, but oh well. I just won't give to many details, then.

Stonecutter marches personally up to the technists guild, a bundle of maps uner her arm.

"Right, so. This is our problem. Gregoria's here. Tregon over here. We hold both. They are too far apart. We need you to build as a transportation system that's more reliable and able to transport more troops and goods than horses. Preferably quicker, too. We'll leave the details on that one to you. Payment will be good, if you can do it.

And there's a second thing. Gregoria has no fortifications, right now. They were mostly destroyed. We are contracting the wardens to build them back. But I'm sure you people might have a few interesting ideas for... improvements."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Mercantile Guild

As I said, a full deployment. You did manage to push an admittedly major defensive contingent into a retreat, mainly thanks to Bloodhand who apparently does not much care for the terms of his earlier surrender, but it was by no means the entire force of the Order.

(OOC: You'll see the entire force soon enough in Gilded.)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1467

NinjaGuy

Technists to Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sounds like you need an aerial supply chain. We can provide that.
    We could find a way to help with the Gregorian Fortifications.

In the meantime, we are thinking of abandoning this town. Too much war going on.

Do you think we could have a base of or own in Gregoria? Having a group of people like us, who is available to build both transports and... Other things"

(Matt Soren winks, pointing outside. The Ork sees some crates that are clearly not filled with food)

"Let's just say we could be useful."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2013-04-05 at 04:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Orcs ot Technists

Spoiler
    Show
    "We can give you territory in Gregoria, not a problem. Though we'd expect a significant discount for that.

It would be safe, compared to here. You'd be surrounded by half the orcish armies, and the Traitor Legion should soon be dealt with.""

[OOC: You can have one territory. Sadly, Gregoria is pretty small.]

29. - Top - End - #1469

NinjaGuy

Orcs ot Technists & Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That sounds reassuring. I'm glad you are offering us lands; since we'll have to build an Airfield and workshops over there.

Of course that will be considered when price comes to mind. I'll be straight with you, however. It will be expensive as ****.

You don't need just one or two airships. You need to be able to transport a lot of stuff and people over great distances. Likely, it'll take us a while, but we'll figure it out.
    I'm thinking, a small airport in Tregon; and a full-fledged airfield with ship-building capacity in Gregoria.

Meanwhile; do you have some plans of Tregon? I need to figure out where the docking bays could go. We could build a big airfield outside; but it sounds like you want something that could be used during a siege."

OOC ZEMALAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost and time of building an airport in Tregon? I'd bring my technical expertise, of course.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE/Wren/Laurier [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC - I'm pretty sure Lord Founder is like: yes, yes, very nice. Hmm, I wonder if I should have a plum cake for dinner. Mmmm, plums.... ]

As far as I know, Sausage Guild never surrendered. The territories of the Sausage Guild belonged to the Sausage Guild and SGA moved in to protect them.

Lord Laurier, apologies for taking your time, but as a noblemen, your word would be an undeniable proof of the following records of the Commerce House meetings.

Sausage Guild

We ask that the members of the SGA put bygones behind us and ally with the Wardens and King James. We know that there has been some enmity between the SGA and them in the past, but now is not the time to continue it. As a new enemy has arisen. The Heladuits last month demonstrated their animosity, and this month some unknown party has destroyed the Brecombe lake dam, seriously threatening the literal foundations of Sav Altulas. These two threats must be dealt with swiftly and directly.
    Bloodhaven

Well, I hold no animosity, beyond concerns, of what effect their rule would have on commerce. Will the Traitor’s Bridge be taken from Mercantile Guild? Will crippling taxes and tariffs be imposed? Will our territories and goods be secure from seizures?

I do feel we owe a certain debt to Lord Wallen, for his help against RSA, but I fear we can do little for him in this situation.
    Mercantile Guild

I am willing to put aside my differences with King James and the Wardens in light of this current crisis.
    The next month Sausage Guild was attacked. No reason was given. No accusations levied against them. I don't know why they had to die.

Now, here are some public announcements Brigitta Stonecutter made:

"Tsk. Why yes, we took some of those food barges. But there was nothing in our contract that said you would't pay us if we did. You broke a contract. And as the old saying says: once broken, trice paid. Now we will have thrice our price. Once in loot and once in gold and a third time in what we are being paid to kill you by your enemies.

Understand this, little trader. This rathole of yours is not our city. We have Tregon. We care not if every weakling human here starves. But we care for deals made, and contracts signed. The Wardens have never broken a contract, or taken back their promises. "
    Your city is at war with itself. If the orcs can profit from this war, while you tear yourselves apart, I will tell them to, in any way they can. If we must, we will bleed Sav Altulas dry to strengthen Tregon. Perhaps it is savagery. But it is also survival."
    "To His Grace the Great and Evidently Infallible And Quite Accomplished King James,

We are eternally thankful beyond all reasonable measure for Your Grace's merciful gift of bestowing upon Brigwa Stonecutter the invaluable title of Duke of Gregoria, for only the humble service of conquering said Duchy and utterly crushing any resistance.

Truly, the Duke could never live with herself if her conquest had not be rewarded and recognized by Your Royal Majesty. Of course, we would never have dreamed of conquering these lands only for ourselves and keeping them no matter what the King said about it."
    The one who called for us to follow the King and deal with threats to the city is destroyed. The one, who will drink our city’s blood to grow strong is rewarded with titles and wealth. Is there any question, who started this civil war? Who the true traitor is?

Wren said – two foreign forces arrived to the city. One was mercenaries, who defended Stacks. They didn’t loot, they didn’t fight civilians. The need for them was regrettable, but the damage to civilians was minimal. The other force was brought here by Champions, Wren and Wardens, through rumors of elvish treasure and city’s weakness. They didn't fight soldiers – they wrecked houses of common folk, looted businesses and caused chaos.

I’ve heard rumors that Wardens would be building fortifications for the Orks, so they grow even more entrenched. They forget, that Orks fight for coin – and while SGA will not sponsor dangerous foreign powers, others may hire their services to bring us down.

We are forced to fight to survive attacks of our enemies, but at we try to minimize the damage we do to the city in the process. The other side doesn’t care about city’s future and it’s people as long as they satisfy their bloodlust.

You may bring up the incident with Vaults of Flesh. I have explained, that the presence of your Mages was a complete surprise to me – if I knew of them, I’d certainly never done that. But do you recall, who else was in the Bunkers? Orks. Now do you believe they were doing charity work there? Helping repair the Vaults for the benefit of the city? They, who attacked food caravans, so they can extort the city with crippling food prices? The most fortified place in the city under their control, with infinite supply of food. Some build fortresses for the orks… And some realize, we’d be sending thousands of our men to die at their walls at some point in the future. Is that not true treason, that’s happening right now? So I wanted to retake Bunkers without loss of life, by flushing them out, to protect the city.

Orks of Tregon

You have called me duplicitous liar, yet in this city, I’m one of the few, who don’t pretend, that you are not a threat. Champions give you titles to create an illusion of control, as if you answer to their authority and not to the coin paid in your pocket. Wardens employ you, despite their claimed hatred of Shattered Lands Warlords. Perhaps they think that they’d be able to control you after they destroy the Guilds. I think you are not one to be controlled.

It would have been easy for SGA to pretend that you didn’t attack our food caravans, causing famine and suffering for the people of Sav Altulus. Pretend that we could control you with the coin, as if your loyalties wouldn’t change, when somebody with greater wealth made an offer. But I know that you a threat to Sav Altulus. I acknowledge you as such. At least in that, would you not concede that I’m being more honest, then anybody else?

To Ram

Wardens, Orks, I can understand, and I guess Champions have grown to use such methods. Wren’s honor compels him to obey orders of his liege. But you? I understand that you are acting under coercion of the Wardens. If you have supported an honorable attack or aided them in another manner, I wouldn’t fault you, as you must protect your people. But to spread rumors, that there is hidden treasure in Triphage Untima to lure those, who would cause chaos and destruction is a betrayal of your very principles. Yes – it hurt me. By hurting the common folk, who live in the Triphage Untima.

I ask you that if you will aid Wardens in the future, to at least refuse to do it in the manner that would harm innocents.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-04-06 at 08:11 AM.