New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1529
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Random Banter #196

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    How, exactly? I can buy the uncomfortable thing, though I personally don't think it is, but I'm definitely going to notice someone's hand brushing against my bum cheek going for my wallet.
    Misdirection and distraction is an essential part of it, I'm given to understand, and some people's butts aren't very sensitive in their day-to-day routines. A lot different between fondling being telegraphed and expected, touching deliberately designed and intended to be sexual/victimizing, and palming something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah. And anyone who has ever tried to put a wallet in a pair of jeans knows how stupidly uncomfortable it actually gets. Thankfully, at least most of my fleece jackets have a pair or more of good pockets with zippers, as do my shorts, and there basically doesn't exist any time of the year for me which isn't season for at least one of them.
    Exactly, uncomfortable and inconvenient; it's why my jackets tend to be pocketed.

Even when sitting down? Because for me, if I put it in one of the front pockets, it gets wedged betweeen my leg and hip, and if I put it in one of the back pockets like most people do, it instead gets uncomfortably bulgy as the stretch of the fabric forces it inwards...
    And men's pockets, on average, tend to be more spacious then women's. I have no less than four pairs of jeans with pockets that can't fit a wallet/purse with anything in it. Naturally I almost never wear those jeans.

Honestly, oodles of stuff kind of intimidates me. I mean, when I go abroad, I'll generally want to get away from people as much as possible, because I'll be stressed out enough as it is by the new environment. I mean, a select group of people is fine, but too many crowds may become a problem. And restaurants. Restaurants have always been a stressful experience to me...
    Well, the only other fairly big regular meetup within reasonable travel is the UK one. You can even pick which season you attend! And there's less oodles of stuff in the UK, although some of it does involve crowds. Like London.
    Realistically, unless you can organise a Scandinavia and Finland meetup, you're not likely to meet many Playgrounders unless you go a-travelling.

Yeah, our garden isn't exactly large either, but I wanted to make a lesser downpour on the plants just to make sure that they get enough to stay strong for a while...
    Our plants are hardy things. Mum adores dahlias, so our garden, window box and hanging baskets are dahlias and geraniums. Sadly, the geraniums didn't make it to this year, so we'll probably be replanting next year.

You need to get more jackets. Or boy's jackets, anyway. Ones that you would actually like. It seems I can't go without buying one that doesn't usually have at least 4 pockets. Sometimes they only have 3 pockets, granted, but I have at least one jacket with 8 pockets.

Jackets. I love them.
    I have jackets. However, the problem with wearing boys jackets is that they are cut for a boyish figure, something I do not have. And yes, I can buy larger jackets to cover the bust, but then my hands would be engulfed by sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The trouble with wallets in back pockets is that it denies hungry eyes their full scopage -- that rondure is hard enough to glimpse in these "relaxed fit" teasers, let alone occluded with a big rectangle.

This is me pouting in the corner.
    Nothing as off-putting as eyeing up a nice shapely rear when window watching in a cafe with a friend, and then seeing an unsightly rectangular protrusion. Ruins the whole experience.
    As does the current trend of wearing your trousers so low you look like a penguin. I don't particularly want to look at your knickers, and you waddle like your just had an accident. Disgusting.

Tangenting off from that, the extreme heat of the last few weeks meant that, naturally, less and less clothing was being worn, and those of a male persuasion were able to walk about topless. What gets awkward though is when you're standing in line in shop behind one of these shirtless males, only to noticed that, yes, he's one of the 'hang your shorts as low as possible' types. And was going commando.
    Let me make this clear, I wasn't looking; but the distance between us meant that I could see him from about the knees up given he was rather tall and I'm rather short.
    Didn't know where to look.

Try reading primary Latin sources on the subject. If you feel like the iron nails of your headache aren't pounded down quite deeply enough.
    Ugh.
    I had a look once. My Latin isn't anywhere as good as I'd like - I can just about read fairly simple things, so that dense theological/philosophical thing was terrifying and actually did induce a headache.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Misdirection and distraction is an essential part of it, I'm given to understand, and some people's butts aren't very sensitive in their day-to-day routines. A lot different between fondling being telegraphed and expected, touching deliberately designed and intended to be sexual/victimizing, and palming something.
    I suppose you're right, but still... No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I have jackets. However, the problem with wearing boys jackets is that they are cut for a boyish figure, something I do not have. And yes, I can buy larger jackets to cover the bust, but then my hands would be engulfed by sleeves.
    Or just go with the bust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #1414

Or just go with the bust?
    What?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1415

How, exactly? I can buy the uncomfortable thing, though I personally don't think it is, but I'm definitely going to notice someone's hand brushing against my bum cheek going for my wallet.
    If you're feeling a hand they're not pick pocketing right.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Er... not particularly deep, although they're not shallow. The wallet is kind of soft, but it's worn leather; that's to be expected. *shrug*
    Well, they have to be deep enough for the wallet to go all the way down below the fold which appears when you sit down, or the wallet has to be soft enough to fold as well (which kind of assumes no cards whatsoever)...

Or, you're just carrying a small wallet...

And men's pockets, on average, tend to be more spacious then women's. I have no less than four pairs of jeans with pockets that can't fit a wallet/purse with anything in it. Naturally I almost never wear those jeans.
    I've never understood clothes designed for women. And I'm not going to say "fashion" either, because most of the stuff I've seen on the catwalk (fashion shows are fascinatingly interesting, even if I've only seen them on tv) seem to have been more comfortable and utility-minded than the average woman clothes design...

Well, the only other fairly big regular meetup within reasonable travel is the UK one. You can even pick which season you attend! And there's less oodles of stuff in the UK, although some of it does involve crowds. Like London.
    Realistically, unless you can organise a Scandinavia and Finland meetup, you're not likely to meet many Playgrounders unless you go a-travelling.
    Yeah, I know, and perhaps one day I'll throw myself out in the world to attend one, it's just that going abroad inconveniences me. And I can handle some amount of crowds, for as long as I get enough time to wind down as well...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, they have to be deep enough for the wallet to go all the way down below the fold which appears when you sit down, or the wallet has to be soft enough to fold as well (which kind of assumes no cards whatsoever)...

Or, you're just carrying a small wallet...
    My pockets are big enough to fit a hand in (fingers fully extended), up to the wrist, and my wallet isn't particularly small... I mean, it isn't huge, but it's about average... It would cover the palm of my hand, were it a square (it's a little longer and less wide, but close enough). I assure you, I can sit comfortably with it in, no problems.

...I don't think I've ever had a pair of pants with pockets so small they couldn't comfortably fit a wallet.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-23 at 12:28 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What?
    Just get the smaller jacket and go with the bust instead of covering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    If you're feeling a hand they're not pick pocketing right.
    I guess? I'm just saying I think I'd feel it, given my ... ... Life experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kneenibble and CurlyKitGirl, would you prefer some pants like this? Made in leather instead of whatever this is and for a guy. It would be very expensive. Fake leather would not work. It would not flex and move. And it is not thick enough and that is most important. The pants need to be thick on top of the butt so the bottom part looks thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I've kinda gotten used to the feeling but yeah it is a bit weird. I tend to wear jackets, which is why I hate summer. I can't now.

And I guess just overall hi people of the Playground!
    Hello, Haluesen! I guess you could move where Cuthalion is in California. I don't know where he is. But he complained about the wind and he wanted more heat. If he needs more heat he is not in the central valley with me.
    Last edited by Taet; 2013-07-23 at 12:30 PM.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

The trouble with wallets in back pockets is that it denies hungry eyes their full scopage -- that rondure is hard enough to glimpse in these "relaxed fit" teasers, let alone occluded with a big rectangle.

This is me pouting in the corner.
    This is part of the reason why I like jackets. If I'm wearing form-fitting pants, I can stuff my phone and things into it without spoiling my... shape

So I just got hit with the mother of all headaches. No metal for me tonight! No sir.

This is me going for a lie down in a dark room.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Note: Quote include much snippage, I apologize for the infinite vortex stealing your words.

Hello and welcome! Come for the madness, stay for the cookies!*

*Note: Random Banter may not contain actual cookies.
    Thank you! Ooh, there is madness involved? I'm definitely staying then. I can bring my own cookies if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Got two new albums today. Can't wait to go home and listen to them.

Overall hi to you too
    Ah that new music feel. Hope you enjoy them! And thank you for the hello. Been on this forum long enough, felt it was about time to start talking to more people.

EDIT: And a sudden happening makes this well-wishing less well-intentioned than it was supposed to be. Sorry Feytalist, I hope you feel better soon and then get to enjoy your metal.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Also, they're uncomfortable to sit on and a lot easier to steal.
    I've never really had much of an issue, either with comfort or with theft. But I do see your point as far as theft stands. I just feel that it is easier to steal from my front pocket than the back one, considering how rarely I allow there to be the slimmest possibility of someone standing behind me.

Yeah, my greatest dreams involve travelling the world with my own airplane just to see it all from above, and as a part of that, I could meet up with all manners of wonderful people!

Sadly, I think a step of that dream involves getting rich and successful, so it's kind of a gamble, really...
    Boy can I agree there. I have some great plans to enjoy life, which is rather difficult while in college and unemployed. Well cheers to us both making those crazy dreams then! Maybe my helicopter will pass your airplane (always wanted to be in a helicopter, despite my fear of heights).

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Hello, Haluesen! I guess you could move where Cuthalion is in California. I don't know where he is. But he complained about the wind and he wanted more heat. If he needs more heat he is not in the central valley with me.
    Well to be honest I am in California, and saying that is usually much more than I am willing to say online. I guess where I am just usually suffers like this in summer, and moving isn't really an option right now, so I'll just have to bear it. At least there is a nice cooler in here. But truthfully I miss wearing jackets. I do very much love jackets.
    Last edited by Haluesen; 2013-07-23 at 12:41 PM.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

12. - Top - End - #1422

Proof that Tom Hiddlestone has taken over the world, and no one really cares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That said, I don't think he wanted to say 'mewling [yeah]' to a whole group of people.
    Aside from that, he appears to be having the time of his life controlling the masses and making them willingly worship him.
    Someone should write some form of meta-fiction where that's how Loki actually takes over the world.
    Oh my Goddess I want to be that man.
    Have I mentioned to you before that I know a guy who used to be his accountant?

Heh.
    Not an aspect I'd considered, but it's rare that I notice back pockets being used.

As does the current trend of wearing your trousers so low you look like a penguin. I don't particularly want to look at your knickers, and you waddle like your just had an accident. Disgusting.

Tangenting off from that, the extreme heat of the last few weeks meant that, naturally, less and less clothing was being worn, and those of a male persuasion were able to walk about topless. What gets awkward though is when you're standing in line in shop behind one of these shirtless males, only to noticed that, yes, he's one of the 'hang your shorts as low as possible' types. And was going commando.
    Let me make this clear, I wasn't looking; but the distance between us meant that I could see him from about the knees up given he was rather tall and I'm rather short.
    Didn't know where to look.
    Urgh, I can't stand that trend. What's slightly even worse is when they also have a belt on as well and it's just why? Why wear an article of clothing specifically designed to keep your trousers up and then let them hang down like that?
    Once or twice I've had slight issues wearing looser trousers and had many things in the pockets weighing them down, but even then I could generally contrive to keep them at a sensible height.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Thank you! Ooh, there is madness involved? I'm definitely staying then. I can bring my own cookies if required.
    Mmm.... cookies. It'd be much appreciated.

That reminds me; I should probably eat lunch before it gets too far into the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Urgh, I can't stand that trend. What's slightly even worse is when they also have a belt on as well and it's just why? Why wear an article of clothing specifically designed to keep your trousers up and then let them hang down like that?
    There is an explanation for that.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

1) More than you're going to notice someone's hand reaching into your side pocket, often right next to your crotch?

2) it's really kind of amazing what a person doesn't notice when they aren't looking at something. Heck, misdirection is like 90% of theft to begin with.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1425

I've never understood clothes designed for women. And I'm not going to say "fashion" either, because most of the stuff I've seen on the catwalk (fashion shows are fascinatingly interesting, even if I've only seen them on tv) seem to have been more comfortable and utility-minded than the average woman clothes design...
    I don't understand it either. They mass produce, but not to every body shape, and not for convenience.
    See, if your shaped like a woman, you want to show off, usefulness and comfort don't exist. Neither do fat people. Even if you are of a larger size than average it's only because you have enormous boobs, very wide hips or both,

Yeah, I know, and perhaps one day I'll throw myself out in the world to attend one, it's just that going abroad inconveniences me. And I can handle some amount of crowds, for as long as I get enough time to wind down as well...
    Well, you know where the UK is if you ever want to come say hi. The same goes for America.

Just get the smaller jacket and go with the bust instead of covering it up.
    And when it's cold? Or raining? Things that often happen in the UK. I like jackets I can do up.

Kneenibble and CurlyKitGirl, would you prefer some pants like this? Made in leather instead of whatever this is and for a guy. It would be very expensive. Fake leather would not work. It would not flex and move. And it is not thick enough and that is most important. The pants need to be thick on top of the butt so the bottom part looks thin.
    Well hello gorgeous. I think that sort of thing would work for males and females.
    And I also confess a fondness for short cut-off jeans.
    And tops on girls that are a little too long for them, so the hem skims the upper thighs.
    I'll stop now. v.v

EDIT:
    Oh my Goddess I want to be that man.
    Have I mentioned to you before that I know a guy who used to be his accountant?
    No you have not. And Tom Hiddlestone struck it very lucky with that role; he's attractive and tragic enough that it seems most fans/people are willing to overlook everything villainous he does or say he had his reasons and if he was just hugged enough would be redeemed. It the eyes and being so adorable and he's so badass and -
    Not that I count myself as a Loki fan or anything, no sir. >.> I think I got away with it. <.<

Heh.
    Not an aspect I'd considered, but it's rare that I notice back pockets being used.
    I enjoy a well-turned out person, what can I say.

Once or twice I've had slight issues wearing looser trousers and had many things in the pockets weighing them down, but even then I could generally contrive to keep them at a sensible height.
    Because being gangsta and hip man is so cool like y'know.
    Now we will never speak of that sentence again.
    It's just an unfortunate fashion trend that many people grow out of eventually. It's actually something of a marvel to see people roughly my age and above look at these people. On most of them you can see they're restraining themselves from shouting at the boy in question or even going full on parent-with-a-toddler-learning-to-dress-himself mode and pulling up their trousers themselves.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-07-23 at 12:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1426

People need to invest in pockets for skirts. And dresses. And actual bits of clothing that do have pockets but are far too shallow to actually use, because they were randomly marketed as female.

My leather jacket barely can hold my wallet, and not in any way that I'd feel comfortable not holding onto it, and it's relatively good for female clothing. As I despise jeans, I've never gotten to test how their pocket sizes are, do they really get that small on them too?

Just when I was getting all those feminism fuzzies from that project by some students in Cambridge.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1427

NecromancerGuy

Proof that sexism is alive and well. For men, having someone in their network who is a tailor is a luxury. For women, it's basically a necessity to be in with a dressmaker, seamstress, and tailor. Or just be one herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

Proof that sexism is alive and well. For men, having someone in their network who is a tailor is a luxury. For women, it's basically a necessity to be in with a dressmaker, seamstress, and tailor. Or just be one herself.
    Really? From what I've seen, that only applies to people who care a lot about the clothes they wear; the guys I know that care about fashion go to a tailor, and the girls I know that care about fashion go to a tailor. The rest just sort of do whatever. The only part that seems "sexist" about it is that there is a stereotype that women care more about fashion than men do. (the accuracy of this I will leave up to debate).

People with unusually-shaped bodies excepted from this, of course.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

-Every bit of conversation about sagging pants-
    Yeah seriously, I just have never got that. Just wear a belt you people! You're pants falling is not great style! I have rarely had a situation where I had too much in my pockets and it made my pants slip slightly but I made sure to keep them up as much as possible, and I was still shamed by it. Not fun, and comfort matters, so really what's up with it?
    Please CurlyKitGirl, do not say that line again. As funny as it was to read, oddly.

-Conversation about travel-
    Man do I wish I could go on a trip. I have never left this state even, and that makes me sad. I would especially love to go to England at least once.

And everyone feel free to take cookies!

Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately, no. I wish. I live to the southwest of you, in a wind tunnel, thanks to the Central Valley and a gap in the hills. That is all I intend to divulge.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

21. - Top - End - #1431

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    People need to invest in pockets for skirts. And dresses. And actual bits of clothing that do have pockets but are far too shallow to actually use, because they were randomly marketed as female.

My leather jacket barely can hold my wallet, and not in any way that I'd feel comfortable not holding onto it, and it's relatively good for female clothing. As I despise jeans, I've never gotten to test how their pocket sizes are, do they really get that small on them too?

Just when I was getting all those feminism fuzzies from that project by some students in Cambridge.
    I know what you mean X_x, I often find myself just buying guy cloths to have POCKETS.

Also, what project?

Also, Funimation has started posting clips from Axis Power Hetalia. Enjoy, Moony.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-07-23 at 02:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahhh yeah. I saw a great tumblr post recently summing up everything wrong with women's clothing:
    Here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Nice! Did you only consume meat?
    Naw, had loooots of berries because I like berries whilst doing outdoorsy stuff. And cheese and bread. But my gouda became waterlogged. Damn shame.
    You lucky darling, what I wouldn't given for a nice thunderstorm here to alleviate the remaining heat.
    Did you folk down south get the thunderstorm that hit Scotland (excluding only Glasgow, it seems)? I would've loved to have seen a good thunderstorm.
    ION:
    Dear metaphysics,
    While I understand that discussing cause and effect, the soul and what a thing is is very important, I hate you. You are a pretentious, over-complicated mass of confusion and very minor differences in meaning that are ultimately nearly worthless.
    I wish you would go away, but alas, you are apparently important in several fields of study and disciplines.
    If you weren't a necessary part of a book I want to read I would never read about you. Especially the medieval metaphysics.
    One of my friends is studying philosophy, and when she explains the differences between the British approach to metaphysics, epistemology, and basically all philosophy and Continental philosophy, it makes me SOOO glad it was all Continental I did in high school.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I know Tai. I put like zero effort into that. but it was funny.
    I suppose.
    Or, in simpler, more-memetic terms: DEMONS AND PRIESTS WAGE A HOLY WAR! ON MOTORCYCLES!!
    Neat! When you complete it, send us a link to purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Magic rainbow sword! :3
    Hooray! It looks nice.
    He's pretty cool.
    Vague. Oh, well...
    (I'm still not sure where the origin of calling me 'Skeeps' comes from... :P)
    Mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Naw, had loooots of berries because I like berries whilst doing outdoorsy stuff. And cheese and bread. But my gouda became waterlogged. Damn shame.
    Nice!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Really? From what I've seen, that only applies to people who care a lot about the clothes they wear; the guys I know that care about fashion go to a tailor, and the girls I know that care about fashion go to a tailor. The rest just sort of do whatever. The only part that seems "sexist" about it is that there is a stereotype that women care more about fashion than men do. (the accuracy of this I will leave up to debate).

People with unusually-shaped bodies excepted from this, of course.
    It used to not be a stereotype that women would buy the clothes. Women buying socks for all the family. Kids' clothes. Things like that. It's not as true now for the people in the stores. LOTS of women working as buyers for businesses though. It's hard on the phone. It is easier for me to hear a woman's voice out of a crowd. On the phone it would be easier to hear a man's voice. But that can't be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I wish. I live to the southwest of you, in a wind tunnel, thanks to the Central Valley and a gap in the hills. That is all I intend to divulge.
    "Gap in the hills" was enough. Hills are everywhere here so nobody can find out where you are. It was just the wind tunnel part I did not understand. Thank you. :)

And Haluesen, saying California is like saying a country. It is easy to hide here.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

"Gap in the hills" was enough. Hills are everywhere here so nobody can find out where you are. It was just the wind tunnel part I did not understand. Thank you. :)
    Honestly, the Central Valley controls most of Northern California's weather. You influence all of us, you.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And Haluesen, saying California is like saying a country. It is easy to hide here.
    Yes this is quite true. Blame childhood stories for my paranoia for giving solid information online. I live in a very small area with lots of mountains and though it is usually windy enough, it's either been hot wind and made the outside worse, or cool but not enough to remove the heat. And I barely even know anything about this state at all, so hills and Central Valley is as much information to me as saying you're living in the Labyrinth.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

*not sure if she is dead or alive*

I am so relaxed from all that time spent in the sauna and swimming. Excuse me while I melt here back home to the unawesomeness that lies before my eyes.

It is quarter past midnight. On 15.49 Finnish time I will be turning 20-something. But I suppose it already is my birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ettin in the Playground

It used to not be a stereotype that women would buy the clothes. Women buying socks for all the family. Kids' clothes. Things like that. It's not as true now for the people in the stores. LOTS of women working as buyers for businesses though. It's hard on the phone. It is easier for me to hear a woman's voice out of a crowd. On the phone it would be easier to hear a man's voice. But that can't be helped.

Not quite sure what you mean by that, but okay.

There are several countries around the same size or smaller than california, so...

*not sure if she is dead or alive*

I am so relaxed from all that time spent in the sauna and swimming. Excuse me while I melt here back home to the unawesomeness that lies before my eyes.

It is quarter past midnight. On 15.49 Finnish time I will be turning 20-something. But I suppose it already is my birthday.
    Happy birthday!
    Yeah, happy birthday!
    Yeah, whatever, congrats and stuff.
    Mwhahah- happy birthday!
    Congratulations on surviving another full circuit of the sun by the earth.

Have cake and stuff.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

20-something is a good age.

Headache's gone. All I needed was a good kip.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

I feel dirty...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew