New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Thank you. That both answers the question and explains why the answer is the answer.

This statement could be taken either as sarcastic or not Just in case it's the former...

The digits may change but the actual number is still 'two'. If you tried to explain how to write it down ("No. N. O. As in, 'no, I will not assist you in scrying the mortal realm.") then it would be one zero, but since you're saying the number, it's still just two.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-08-11 at 08:42 PM.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Hey, now. That's enough meat to go around for everyone!
    OMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You're timing on this joke is terrible.

But it is also hilarious so I accept it
    Aww, what was wrong with my timing?

(but I'm glad you appreciated it)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    OMNOMNOM
    The meat! No!

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

If you want to describe the binary number in binary form, you should say "One, Zero", "Zero, Zero, Zero, Zero, Zero, Zero, One, Zero", or equivalent.

If you want to list the value in decimal, you would say "Two".

If you want to list the value in hexadecimal, you would say "Two".

If you want to say the joke, you would say "Ten", clarity be damned.

Note that in all cases (excepting, obviously, the joke), you should be clear on what format you are using.

e.g.
    "Binary, One, Zero"
    "Two" or "Two in binary" (both assume that the decimal system is the default, otherwise you'll need to specify)
    "Hex Two" or "Hex Two in binary"
    "Ten" (should not do this outside of the joke)

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That reminds me... I need to get a new belt. This one is falling apart.

I think learning Smoke on the Water in the wrong key is a requirement for learning to play guitar...
    Indeed. One always needs a good belt.

It is. Still, one should take advantage of relatively easy transpositions. Not all instruments allow one to do it without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Nah, you don't need to draw well, just draw whatever comes to your mind. I took up scribbling just because I didn't have to feel any pressure to draw well, so I could be a lot more experimenting and at the same time skip a number of steps which normaly are taken for granted. Like using colour schemes that make sense, for example.
    But I don't like not drawing well... I mean, I've put effort into getting to my current level, going against that would feel strange.
    Though, alternatively, I could just develop a whole bunch of generic poses and reuse them with variations as the situation requires. I've been meaning to do that for quite some time already.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Yeah, it is something that takes some time, this I can understand. I play alto saxaphone, did for middle school and part of high school. I still love it. I kinda really miss playing it though. I gotta get some money saved up.

Thank you!

Indeed true. I actually just thought of a great picture I drew once (well, by my standards at least). I'll look for it when I go home to post here.
    Do you know what's really strange? I have actually never played an Alto... All these years, and I just never tried it. On the one hand, I really like Tenor and the parts I usually play aren't as complicated, on the other hand, the parts I play are less interesting. It's an inconveniently styled blade indeed.

Cool. Should be very interesting.

*distracts with ☼Gold Amulet☼*

This is a masterwork gold amulet by Urist McTeddy. On the item is a masterwork image of Kneenibble the budgerigar and forumites in emerald by Urist McTeddy. Kneenibble is surrounded by the forumites. The artwork relates to the appointment of Kneenibble the budgerigar to High Ostentatousness of The Players of Ground in summer 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *flutters after the amulet, cookie-hoarding forgotten*
    Kneenibble has been quite content lately. Kneenibble has admired a fine gold amulet recently.
    Such delightful antics are the reason I enjoy this thread so much.
    Also... Now I want to play Dwarf Fortress more... But I have so many other games to waste time on!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Woohoo, we have some fire! IGNITE! AHAHAHAH! *glances to the flames and sighs* Oh, this is... This is so beautiful...

Mid-season clothing is... Well, it's like spring or autumn coats and such - not exactly warm but not too light either. I'd say my faux leather jacket is a so called mid-season thing, although I use it from October to late March in Scotland because there's no proper winter, hence no need for my winter coat.

I'm only fit for the best.

Oh, I never said getting tickets to Skye was difficult! It's just expensive when booking last minute!

*nod, nod* I know the feeling. Then again, now that I look at the "nice" belts I wore back in the day, I'm not too sure I'd like them at all today. I wore studded belts and not only would they look horrible on me, they were the cause of my many torn and worn out tops. Stupid tiny systematic holes.

ION: I'm at Skye! WOOHOO!

Things that made me pissed off? Well, for once, sitting on the bus from Glasgow to Fort William. The mountains were pretty, but the roads made me want to throw up. Witnessed a double rainbow, plus a rainbow that just sort of... Emerged from the mist. Against the mountains. Too pretty. *nod nod*

Guess who also got the train and went on THE VIADUCT.

And guess whose taxi didn't show up and had to walk two miles uphill without ANY proper rain gear because she forgot her rain coat at home... Guess whose hair is now an utter curl bomb... >.>

Can't wait for things to begin properly tomorrow. I'm very nervous, though... So many new people.

Also can't stop laughing there's an Amidus doppelgänger here. I'm starting to know far too many people who'd be good stunt doubles for him.
    And just warm enough to take the edge off the Winter chill.

Oh... So it's like when I wear a scarf in May?

Indeed. We just need to have a fanfare every time you enter the room proceeded by forty armoured knights and followed by servants, court officials, and foreign dignitaries.
    But unfortunately, there's no room in the budget for lion tamers for some reason...

Ah... I'm not particularly adept in the ways of the ferry, as I have only travelled on them on a few occasions. To and from Moreton Island to spend a week away from civilisation, and a couple of times in the city.

Personally, I'm too boring for studded belts. Not that I have anything against them, I just wouldn't be likely to wear them myself.

Huzzah! You weren't consigned to a watery grave!

Ah... Motion sickness... My ancient enemy... You can get tablets for that that you take a half hour before leaving. I've found them to be very successful at preventing me from deciding that emptying my stomach contents is a good idea. Alternatively, the smell of vanilla is supposed to be helpful in such situations.
    Still, rainbows are always good.

Umm... Which viaduct? You'll need to be more specific. However, I'm going to guess that it was you.

Alas, this seems to also be you. Which is a lot less exciting that travelling somewhere by train. Fortunately, my hair doesn't turn into an absolute mess of curls after getting wet. Just a bit tangled near the edges.

Hmm... A Scottish Amidus... Rather unusual if I do say so myself.

Ah yes... Kneenibble... Did I inform you of my purchase this most recent Saturday? I still have been too slack to take a suitable picture of it, but I am certain you will agree that it was good value. I just need to see about finding some sort of camera...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1206

Hey guys, if I ever buy Chiquita bananas, whack my forehead with a steel bar, hard and repeatedly, until I regain my sense of morality.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Which version of the inestimable Mr. Holmes were you watching?
    :0 clearly I'm not a very devoted fan. Version?? Um, the one with Benedict Cumberpatch? Season 2?

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hey guys, if I ever buy Chiquita bananas, whack my forehead with a steel bar, hard and repeatedly, until I regain my sense of morality.
    Should we start now? ;)

Bad experience?

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

We've got another one here, TaiLiu!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by Intermelo View Post
    Should we start now? ;)

Bad experience?
    Nope.
    Just read about their relationship with Columbia...
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

This statement could be taken either as sarcastic or not Just in case it's the former...
    I rarely use sarcasm in text, too much room for ambiguity. Incidentally, I meant what I said with all sincerity.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The digits may change but the actual number is still 'two'. If you tried to explain how to write it down ("No. N. O. As in, 'no, I will not assist you in scrying the mortal realm.") then it would be one zero, but since you're saying the number, it's still just two.
    Exactly. Your earlier comment helped make that 'click' in my head.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2013-08-11 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

12. - Top - End - #1212

Nope.
    Just read about their relationship with Columbia...
    Link:http://www.globalresearch.ca/illegal...-files/5330605
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    We've got another one here, TaiLiu!
    Ah, you're right! A new reminder!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Firbolg in the Playground

:0 clearly I'm not a very devoted fan. Version?? Um, the one with Benedict Cumberpatch? Season 2?
    Oh, AWESOME! Have you finished the season yet?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1215

You mean Benedict Cumberbatch? That would be BBC's Sherlock, first released in 2010 and set in modern day times.

Sherlock Holmes first appeared in print in 1887, and it is estimated that the character would have been born in 1854. There have been many adaptions of the Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels over the years, and BBC's Sherlock (while awesome) is about as far removed from the original as you can be before you start changing the characters into anthropomorphic dogs or putting him in the 22nd century.

Elementary, which I have not seen yet, is apparently slightly further removed than BBC's Sherlock, though.

If you would like to see a well done series that tries to stay as close to the original stories as possible, you should check out Granada Television's The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes, and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.

---

Also, Intermelo, please do not post twice in a row. If you have more to add after posting, please edit your post to include the extra information. If you know you will be replying to multiple people before posting, you should reply to them all at once in the one post.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #1216

For this and for the people in chat I have to tell you that I have finally finished reading the jokes list and I promise to stop reusing them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Thank you. That both answers the question and explains why the answer is the answer.
    It also has to sound like "ten" or the follow up joke does not work.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who can read this. Those who think it's binary. Those who understand ternary.

Ok. Now I can stop reusing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Zodi: I have a confession to make - I've been seeing meat behind your back. Tonight, I ingested the most delicious chunk of cow to ever pass my lips. I don't want to take meat from you, but... I just love it so much. I hope you can understand.
    I picture this as a dragonpuppy pulling a steak off of the cafe table behind LaZodiac who is busy working.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    NO! All the cookies are mine and I will nibble anyone who tries to take any!

Spoiler
    Show
    Heheheh

You... You try getting some sleep when you hear a faint "ty-dy-dyy, ty-dy-dydyy, ty-dy-dyy tyy-ty-dyy" going all over and over and over again for a good month or two. Hell, my sister's guitar teacher was an ex Children of Bodom guitarist, either he was stupid or my sister just can't do a thing. I suspect the latter but I'm biased as my job is to be her annoying little sister.

Yo, hey, at least I was up early last night. I mean morning. Whatever. Anyways. I made the horrible mistake of drinking coffee with A LOT OF SUGAR (and when I say A LOT it means A LOT) when I arrived to my room over here and good heavens it's like I'm asleep and awake at the same time!

You're on the wrong here and this discussion will end at that. You good, me bad.
    Hey, most people learn the song far faster than that. Blame your sister, not Ritchie Blackmoore.

Oh, dear. Heheheh

You believe what you want to; it's not like anyone's going to change your mind.

*furiously wipes everything off, then scribbleessss*

Excuse me princess know-it-all, Y and U sound nothing alike in the Finnish language. You're just not superior enough to hear the difference.

You have NO idea how much fun I've had today. "Fun" and fun.

Hey, don't scare the new kid away with that thinking of yours!
    Heheheh

A "Y" in Finnish shouldn't sound like an English "U" was my point... when they've already got a "U" that sounds like an English "U". I'm sure there's some slight difference in pronunciation that requires there to be a different letter.

Well... I believe you've expanded on the "FUN!" a bit, so why don't you tell us about the fun?

Heheheh... Oh, I don't think I'll scare him away.

-snip; stuff-

Can't wait for things to begin properly tomorrow. I'm very nervous, though... So many new people.

Also can't stop laughing there's an Amidus doppelgänger here. I'm starting to know far too many people who'd be good stunt doubles for him.

Heheheh "Ugh, you know what pissed me off? THE RIDE WAS TOO PRETTY!" Hahahahahahah

What?! Tall, disheveled men with long, curly, dark brown hair? In Scotland?! Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    Just spent the day on the lake, skiing and stuff. Got a nasty Cliff-jumper's headache and a bit of sunburn, but it was still a nice way to spend the day.

What did everybody else do today?
    I drove an hour to play a show. Got turned around in Charlottesville twice; once on the way in, and once on the way out. Thank god for GPS on phones; I'd have had to go the long way home if I didn't have it.

It is. Still, one should take advantage of relatively easy transpositions. Not all instruments allow one to do it without difficulty.

Hmm... A Scottish Amidus... Rather unusual if I do say so myself.
    True, perhaps. It's quite simple to put the song into the correct key on a guitar. *shrug*

Dunno; I've probably got some Scottish blood. Not where this hair came from, though; that's all East Europe.

ION: Show went exceptionally well. Corsair is by far the best band I think I've ever played with. I'd love to do another show with those guys (and girl). Picked up two of their albums and a poster afterwards.

ICUAPSRN: Hrm... I've got a fair amount of blotchy spots on my arms... I can't decide if it's from poison ivy, boiling bacon grease, or a little of both... Either way (or even if it's something else entirely), they don't seem to want to go away; perhaps I can get them off with another shower...
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post

It also has to sound like "ten" or the follow up joke does not work.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who can read this. Those who think it's binary. Those who understand ternary.

Ok. Now I can stop reusing them.
    Cute. My favourite is, "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think you can categorize people into just two groups and those who don't."
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2013-08-12 at 02:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219

There are two types of people in the world, those who need closure

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Refreshing and saving do nothing. All the imports are redlined, the tooltip says "the import <whatever it is, not including the class at the end> cannot be resolved" and offers suggestions, all of which are to create something by that name except for the suggestion to remove the import. Also, the things that rely on the things being imported don't have a suggestion to import the thing they rely on (which sometimes happens when I forget to put in an import).
    Hmm, sounds like Eclipse can't find your Java installation, and thus not the required library files. Have you tried programming with imports on this computer earlier, or is this the first time? If you create an entirely new testing project and type in a few imports, do they work as normal?

But I don't like not drawing well... I mean, I've put effort into getting to my current level, going against that would feel strange.
    Though, alternatively, I could just develop a whole bunch of generic poses and reuse them with variations as the situation requires. I've been meaning to do that for quite some time already.
    Well, the best part is that you don't have to go against anything. In the time I've been doing scribbling, I've advanced quite far in terms of artistic ability, although since I currently premier speed over looks, it mostly comes in terms of more rapidly being able to finish my pieces (by doing something right the first time), and being able to add more details without hampering my drawing speed.

But yeah, the most important part is for it to be fun, and if you can't find enjoyment in drawing poor quality, then you shouldn't do it.

Such delightful antics are the reason I enjoy this thread so much.
    Also... Now I want to play Dwarf Fortress more... But I have so many other games to waste time on!
    Hehehe, I would draw the amulet as well, but then it would only be a -«-Gold Amulet-»- at best, and not at all the ☼«☼Gold Amulet☼»☼ I dream of...

Also, I should probably go back to playing computer games again. I haven't done so for over a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Also, Intermelo, please do not post twice in a row. If you have more to add after posting, please edit your post to include the extra information. If you know you will be replying to multiple people before posting, you should reply to them all at once in the one post.
    To add to this, Melo, you see the large quotation mark next to the Quote button on every post? That's the multiquote button, and clicking it turns it green to show that you have selected the post for multiquoting. When you later press Reply (or Quote on any other post), all the posts you multiquoted will appear within quote tags in the order you selected them (with the post you Quote-ed at the bottom if any). Saves you a lot of copy-pasting.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

I had a thought. You know what would help people with the power to turn invisible? Night vision goggles. Since your eyes can't see if you are completely transparent, as your retina needs to absorb some light in order to see, the ability to amplify incoming light would enable them to see while allowing them to leave their retina almost transparent. The night vision goggles have to be modified a little, as the output image would have to be much brighter but the principle is sound.
    On a similar note, people who can turn intangible shouldn't be able to hear.
    Also, if they are still affected by gravity, they should fall through the floor toward the Earth's core.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2013-08-12 at 05:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

True, perhaps. It's quite simple to put the song into the correct key on a guitar. *shrug*

Dunno; I've probably got some Scottish blood. Not where this hair came from, though; that's all East Europe.
    That reminds me... I should get some practice in before bed. It gives me extra excuses to be awake to jab Mynxae in the ribs until he goes to bed.

Probably. I'm not sure about the specifics of my own lineage, but one can assume that there would be at least a little Scottish in there.

Well, the best part is that you don't have to go against anything. In the time I've been doing scribbling, I've advanced quite far in terms of artistic ability, although since I currently premier speed over looks, it mostly comes in terms of more rapidly being able to finish my pieces (by doing something right the first time), and being able to add more details without hampering my drawing speed.

But yeah, the most important part is for it to be fun, and if you can't find enjoyment in drawing poor quality, then you shouldn't do it.

Hehehe, I would draw the amulet as well, but then it would only be a -«-Gold Amulet-»- at best, and not at all the ☼«☼Gold Amulet☼»☼ I dream of...

Also, I should probably go back to playing computer games again. I haven't done so for over a month...
    Well... I'm not particularly fond of taking a while, but my obsessive compulsiveness prevents me from declaring a work complete until its reached a certain standard. Unless I feel I can't reach said standard at which point I decide to "maybe come back to it". So, as much as I like looking at sketches and things, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to share anything that doesn't have a certain level of polish to it.
    The worst part is that it leads to lots of smudges on the paper when drawing in pencil, something I really need to get back into doing one of these days.
    But then... I was taught that the key to practice is to go slowly and then bring it up to speed. I should try doing some vectors quickly tomorrow or something.
    Which reminds me... I need to ask if Mynxae has a camera in his phone...

I'd give it a try, but that would require doing a crowd scene, which means a touch of perspective which is annoying and it would require working out exactly what is meant by an image in emerald on a gold amulet...
    Is it inlaid? Is the image etched on the surface of an emerald set into the amulet? Does it have a border of emerald, thus being "in" emerald?
    That ambiguity is a bit annoying, but I suppose it does allow one's mind to wander and fill in the details itself...

Eh... Dwarf Fortress sits on my computer accumulating digital dust. There are so many other games that engage my mind so much more readily than it, so I tend to choose them first.
    Of course, it means that I'll never accomplish anything of note in any of them, but I don't mind.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    To add to this, Melo, you see the large quotation mark next to the Quote button on every post? That's the multiquote button, and clicking it turns it green to show that you have selected the post for multiquoting. When you later press Reply (or Quote on any other post), all the posts you multiquoted will appear within quote tags in the order you selected them (with the post you Quote-ed at the bottom if any). Saves you a lot of copy-pasting.

I'm sorry :( I'm on here on mobile, which makes it difficult quoting lol I didn't know about the multiquoting. Not quite sure if I understand it or not, but I guess we'll find out.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, I hate when I'm trying to read a comic/manga online and my phone/the server decides to start loading everything on the website BUT the page I want to read.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Ugh, I hate when I'm trying to read a comic/manga online and my phone/the server decides to start loading everything on the website BUT the page I want to read.
    A similar thing happens when I'm trying to load a Cracked.com page or read manga. Every time it loads part of the page, it scrolls back to the top. Very annoying.

And more recently, Youtube's just plain stopped working on my phone.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Well... I'm not particularly fond of taking a while, but my obsessive compulsiveness prevents me from declaring a work complete until its reached a certain standard. Unless I feel I can't reach said standard at which point I decide to "maybe come back to it". So, as much as I like looking at sketches and things, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to share anything that doesn't have a certain level of polish to it.
    The worst part is that it leads to lots of smudges on the paper when drawing in pencil, something I really need to get back into doing one of these days.
    But then... I was taught that the key to practice is to go slowly and then bring it up to speed. I should try doing some vectors quickly tomorrow or something.
    Which reminds me... I need to ask if Mynxae has a camera in his phone...
    Well, in that case, you either try and force yourself into overcoming your obsessive compulsiveness, or you look for a medium to derive more enjoyment from. Not everyone has to be into scribbling, after all...

I'd give it a try, but that would require doing a crowd scene, which means a touch of perspective which is annoying and it would require working out exactly what is meant by an image in emerald on a gold amulet...
    Is it inlaid? Is the image etched on the surface of an emerald set into the amulet? Does it have a border of emerald, thus being "in" emerald?
    That ambiguity is a bit annoying, but I suppose it does allow one's mind to wander and fill in the details itself...
    Although I guess I could do a well-crafted (-) rendition of a ☼«☼Gold Amulet☼»☼...

I imagine it to be inlaid, but I suggest you go with whatever pleases your imagination the most...

Eh... Dwarf Fortress sits on my computer accumulating digital dust. There are so many other games that engage my mind so much more readily than it, so I tend to choose them first.
    Of course, it means that I'll never accomplish anything of note in any of them, but I don't mind.
    Well, you play games to entertain yourself, don't you? Accomplishing things of note is just a means to achieve entertainment, it should never supercede it.

I'm sorry :( I'm on here on mobile, which makes it difficult quoting lol I didn't know about the multiquoting. Not quite sure if I understand it or not, but I guess we'll find out.
    Well, try and experiment a little to see how it looks and works. Nothing permanent will happen until you hit the Submit Reply button, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Ahh, the wonders of stupidly structured HTML (at least I imagine that you could work your way around it by structuring the HTML better)...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

What's even weirder is that in this case it always does this from page 30 on, even though I can't imagine what's different in format about page 30.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Indeed.

Nothing, except for the levels of goodness in-between.
    Ah alrighty then. Learning for me!

Well, if you're not comfortable then no one's forcing you to post anything. It's like we scribble stuff on a regular basis.

Yay! Keep on practicing, it's a delightful thing. I love learning.

I'm already feeling a bit anxious but it's probably because I'm here and sort of don't know anybody... I hope I'm able to shrug that off by tomorrow night or something.
    But I wanted to... Posting's fun.

I definitely should. I can probably find some materials online, and ask my mom and grandma for help since they are both great with Spanish.

I very much hope you can shrug it off too. Anxiety is a worrying thing.

Things that made me pissed off? Well, for once, sitting on the bus from Glasgow to Fort William. The mountains were pretty, but the roads made me want to throw up. Witnessed a double rainbow, plus a rainbow that just sort of... Emerged from the mist. Against the mountains. Too pretty. *nod nod*

Guess who also got the train and went on THE VIADUCT.

And guess whose taxi didn't show up and had to walk two miles uphill without ANY proper rain gear because she forgot her rain coat at home... Guess whose hair is now an utter curl bomb... >.>

Wow! That is quite an intriguing first day. Sorry about the missing taxi, that's gotta suck. But I hope you are still having much fun there.

Do you know what's really strange? I have actually never played an Alto... All these years, and I just never tried it. On the one hand, I really like Tenor and the parts I usually play aren't as complicated, on the other hand, the parts I play are less interesting. It's an inconveniently styled blade indeed.

Cool. Should be very interesting.
    It isn't too strange, I think. I've never played anything other than the alto sax except for a brief learning period before that where I played a recorder. I've never considered playing another instrument, I just love my saxophone. I don't think I know how to compare well, but I found a lot of what I had to do with the sax in band to be really cool and exciting, though at times it did get to be a little overwhelming. Plus my past band teachers were always interesting. One teacher had us put a song together out of other song parts like Smoke on the Water, the Imperial March theme, and the Batman theme just to name a few. Another teacher always had us play a Pirates of the Caribbean medley, which was fun but dang was it rough to learn.

It was, for the most part.

ION: Going home in a few hours, so yeps. Other than that not much else. Just woke up so still a little out of it.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Pair O' Docs. Get it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-08-12 at 12:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Oh, AWESOME! Have you finished the season yet?

Not yet! The episodes are so long :0 I believe I'm on episode 3