New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'm impressed you took the time to color that so... vividly.
    You must be new here. That's D_Lord thing. He once caused a civil war in the SMBG subforum.
    Oh god I've been on this forum too long
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    there there Lixie. You haven't been here too long. you just need a hug.
    *huggles*
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Always, yes. (hugs)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Always, yes. (hugs)
    *Hugs*

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the Commodore's little power trip too much. I figure it'll sort itself out once he realises that being worshipped involves having to put up with a bunch of people following him around and bugging him at all hours over the meaning of life and such.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

So, my dear fillies and gentlecolts. Ponies tomorro-

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Also, my brother was saying I should ship Bastara and Luna. I said no, forcefully.
    Pffffft.....Buahaha! That's a beautiful thought.

Anyway. Poni-

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
    Revelation of our one true Lord.
    Sometimes I don't know what I'd be doing without you guys. At the very least, I'd have much less fun.

Anyway, ponies tomorrow! And I have fully managed to avoid any spoilers aside from the title of the episode! Hooray!

On a less happy note, I just had to buy two seperate Santa costumes to put a decent one together, because our school apparently does not possess one of its own. Very annoying. Oh well. It's all for a good cause, and all that.

Also, this is adorable, and I need to share it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-11-29 at 03:58 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post

Um, did anyone remember to tell him that as a higher caliber deity then him, Lix can just take/make more or less what ever she wants that he can offer her/use against her on demand?

Also, you have access to space, But so does Lix, same with alternate universes/timelines, and in general, the polling indicated that any where or when you go in any universe/reality, she still polls better for converts/worshipers.

So, yeah, there's that to take into account.

Plus, it's space, if both Marvel Comics and DC Comics have taught us nothing, it's that it's just chock full of both gods and things that eat gods for breakfast.
    Let us assume for a moment that you actually managed to make Bleakbane a diety (which is a pretty BIG assumption), how is that any different to things as they stood before? I think you'll find it isn't...

Except that you'd have given Bleakbane a loaded gun. If he was actually a diety, and once his head came back online, do you really think he wouldn't have found a way to abuse the hell out of that power? Bigger fish isn't a good solution, since, I remind you, both Bleakbane in particular the Aotrs in general are highly experienced in dealing with those bigger fish. To borrow an expression, we're all genera-savvy. We KNOW there's bigger powers out there, and we've got ways and means of dealing with them... Things Bleakbane has not ever in seriousness dipped into. So that's not a constraint, since it's not going to constrain him anymore than he is NOW, except he'd be able to accumulate more power...

Not to mention the fact that granting Bleakbane "technology" as a portfolio would be suicidal, since one the buzz of starships wore off, he'd remember that"technology" doesn't mean "electrically powered stuff", it means TOOL USE and anything resulting from it. Powered or no, from sticks used by animals to pan-dimensional starships - and every single accoutrement worn, held, made, or used by any creature. Not everything in the universe is interested in shipping - but virtually EVERY sentient/sapient creature uses tools. That's a rather larger potential user-base, and he'd be trying to find a way to scrape passive faith out such that everytime someone used technology, he'd get a sliver of faith. (And we know this sort of thing is preportedly possible, since many entities claim they can do that sort of thing: worship via tacit actions and all that.) While that might not have been your intention, that is exactly how Bleakbane would interpret it, and that point, it'd be well outside your hands.

Fortunately, though, you haven't actually deified him. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    Yesssss, Aotrs is a deity now. Now as Elder Evil, with Impervious to Divine, He can not Stop me!!!! HAHHHAAAAAHAAHHAHA

Starts coloring Aotrs ships pony colors.
    One - he's only a god in his own delusions.

Two - even if he was, and even if he was somehow unable to not use nondivine things on you... The rest of us aren't divine, either.

Oh crap, here he comes...

Ahahaha! Thor was excellent, and so full of ideas! Like... um.... putting magic onto my Snake Launcher so I can throw it at people! No, wait. That's stupid. Putting magic onto people so they can throw themselves at my Snake Launcher! Huzzah! Much better! Also, destroying the universe!

It is just me that's expecting Malekith to come back later, played by David Tennant? Yes? Alrighty, then.

/me removes hat
    /me Disintegrates both hats

This isn't a garlic/vampires situation, I just don't like them.
    I have more hats! Hundreds of hats! An infinity of hats! Hats are technology!

Oh foo, I was hoping he'd calm down before he came to that realisation.

But fear, not pony thread, for your glorious divine overlord is semi-benevolent! See, at my behest upon seeing the lack of decent pony fanfaction - a whole WEEK into the new season, and a new swell of excellence has yet to materialise - I have taken it unto myself to see my betolerated subjects are well-appointed!

Darkspark has written a great tale of epic pony, this very afternoon, and I shall read it to you now, it's entirity:

"Once upon a time in Equestria..."

Darkspark, this is 372 pages of poorly drawn-crayon scribble-drawings of you beating characters over the head with a club with nails in it.

Pi.

It's... creative, I'll grant you, though not really what I had in mind. The choce of characters is... interesting. I mean, I can understand Blueblood and Gilda... Diamond Tiara, even at a bit of a stretch. Though I am at complete loss as what exactly Merry May did to you to warrent a 147-page stretch.

Pika, kachu pikachu chupika ka, pikachu pipika chukachu pika pikachu.

*shakes fist*

PIKACHU!!!

I... see. Well. Yes.

Alright then. Carry on, ponythread...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-11-29 at 04:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

*shakes fist*

PIKACHU!!!
    WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER!?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Hats are technology!
    This may have to be sigged. xD

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Well, tis the truth...

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spoilerd quote for lenght.
    Show
    Let us assume for a moment that you actually managed to make Bleakbane a diety (which is a pretty BIG assumption), how is that any different to things as they stood before? I think you'll find it isn't...

Except that you'd have given Bleakbane a loaded gun. If he was actually a diety, and once his head came back online, do you really think he wouldn't have found a way to abuse the hell out of that power? Bigger fish isn't a good solution, since, I remind you, both Bleakbane in particular the Aotrs in general are highly experienced in dealing with those bigger fish. To borrow an expression, we're all genera-savvy. We KNOW there's bigger powers out there, and we've got ways and means of dealing with them... Things Bleakbane has not ever in seriousness dipped into. So that's not a constraint, since it's not going to constrain him anymore than he is NOW, except he'd be able to accumulate more power...

Not to mention the fact that granting Bleakbane "technology" as a portfolio would be suicidal, since one the buzz of starships wore off, he'd remember that"technology" doesn't mean "electrically powered stuff", it means TOOL USE and anything resulting from it. Powered or no, from sticks used by animals to pan-dimensional starships - and every single accoutrement worn, held, made, or used by any creature. Not everything in the universe is interested in shipping - but virtually EVERY sentient/sapient creature uses tools. That's a rather larger potential user-base, and he'd be trying to find a way to scrape passive faith out such that everytime someone used technology, he'd get a sliver of faith. (And we know this sort of thing is preportedly possible, since many entities claim they can do that sort of thing: worship via tacit actions and all that.) While that might not have been your intention, that is exactly how Bleakbane would interpret it, and that point, it'd be well outside your hands.

Fortunately, though, you haven't actually deified him. I think.

One - he's only a god in his own delusions.

Two - even if he was, and even if he was somehow unable to not use nondivine things on you... The rest of us aren't divine, either.

Oh crap, here he comes...

Ahahaha! Thor was excellent, and so full of ideas! Like... um.... putting magic onto my Snake Launcher so I can throw it at people! No, wait. That's stupid. Putting magic onto people so they can throw themselves at my Snake Launcher! Huzzah! Much better! Also, destroying the universe!

It is just me that's expecting Malekith to come back later, played by David Tennant? Yes? Alrighty, then.

I have more hats! Hundreds of hats! An infinity of hats! Hats are technology!

Oh foo, I was hoping he'd calm down before he came to that realisation.

But fear, not pony thread, for your glorious divine overlord is semi-benevolent! See, at my behest upon seeing the lack of decent pony fanfaction - a whole WEEK into the new season, and a new swell of excellence has yet to materialise - I have taken it unto myself to see my betolerated subjects are well-appointed!

Darkspark has written a great tale of epic pony, this very afternoon, and I shall read it to you now, it's entirity:

"Once upon a time in Equestria..."

Darkspark, this is 372 pages of poorly drawn-crayon scribble-drawings of you beating characters over the head with a club with nails in it.

Pi.

It's... creative, I'll grant you, though not really what I had in mind. The choce of characters is... interesting. I mean, I can understand Blueblood and Gilda... Diamond Tiara, even at a bit of a stretch. Though I am at complete loss as what exactly Merry May did to you to warrent a 147-page stretch.

*shakes fist*

PIKACHU!!!

I... see. Well. Yes.

Alright then. Carry on, ponythread...

...ya know what, screw it, I give up. I'll just wait for Thanos or The Anti-monitor or even our very own Lix Lorn to knock some sense into him. Just somepony let me know when it's happening so I can pop my pop corn and watch.
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

You seem to be overestimating my Goodness. For now I'mma enjoy the chaos.

12. - Top - End - #1062

Well, I'm on he Deification list now.

I could smack some sense into him, once the proper forms have been filled.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post

Anyway. Poni-

Sometimes I don't know what I'd be doing without you guys. At the very least, I'd have much less fun.

Anyway, ponies tomorrow! And I have fully managed to avoid any spoilers aside from the title of the episode! Hooray!

On a less happy note, I just had to buy two seperate Santa costumes to put a decent one together, because our school apparently does not possess one of its own. Very annoying. Oh well. It's all for a good cause, and all that.

Spoiler
    Show
    First: yes, that is quite adorable.

Second: I have also managed to avoid too many spoilers about the next episode, I think. I might keep it up for the rest of the season, since last season I gleefully consumed all spoilers. It will be good to compare and see how much of a different experience it is.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Though I am at complete loss as what exactly Merry May did to you to warrent a 147-page stretch.
    maybe it has something to do with HIM wanting to be the herald of Princess Applejack?

Hats are technology!
    orrrr..next thread title

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Second: I have also managed to avoid too many spoilers about the next episode, I think. I might keep it up for the rest of the season, since last season I gleefully consumed all spoilers. It will be good to compare and see how much of a different experience it is.
    i managed to avoid EVERYTHING about the opener..'twas glorius

in fact the only thing at all i have picked up about this season is
    Spoiler
    Show
    discord song
    and i hope winter wrapup in the tub was not it

and hopefully will keep it that way
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2013-11-29 at 05:20 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

This totally makes me rethink that Cleric/Crusader/Emerald Knight Vindicator of Lix Lorn/Prestige Paladin of Lix Lorn idea I had going there for awhile.

XD!!!
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    orrrr..next thread title
    Now How many do we have now?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyway. Poni-

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, ponies! I found last season that I'm terrible at keeping my promises to avoid spoiling myself given the chance, but this time I feel like I've triumphed. I don't even recall what the title of the episode is, so that's good. Probably.

Enjoy your Santa-ing.

And awww. We woke them up.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    First: yes, that is quite adorable.

Speaking personally, I find I enjoy it more when I have no clue about what's going on. All the flashbacks in the premiere came as a massive and pleasant surprise to me, as did Discord's reappearance.

The one time I went and looked up the episode was sometime back in Season 2-3 ... I've forgotten which one exactly, but I do remember having more of a 'meh' experience when watching it.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Spamalot in the Playground

You must be new here. That's D_Lord thing. He once caused a civil war in the SMBG subforum.
    Not much of a widely known thing if he doesn't post often around here.
    Though if colors can cause a civil war, I question the stability of that subforum to begin with. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the Commodore's little power trip too much. I figure it'll sort itself out once he realises that being worshipped involves having to put up with a bunch of people following him around and bugging him at all hours over the meaning of life and such.
    Kinda like in email deluge in the movie Bruce Almighty?

Spoiler
    Show

Or slightly different fun if you're creative.

Speaking of fun, here's a pony tumblr for all the souls out there that have worked (or currently work) retail:

Ask Retail Pinkie Pie.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I don't see what's beautiful about it. I wonder if other people are annoyed when other ship their characters.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    I don't see what's beautiful about it. I wonder if other people are annoyed when other ship their characters.
    Just imagine them together.

"BASTARA! TRULY, WE DOTH ENJOY THINE COURTSHIP, FOR IT IS BEFITTING OF A PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!!!!!

".......Why did I agree to this?......"

Besides, I'm completly comfortable with shipping my own characters and having them shipped. In fact, I currently play a binder in my pony D&D campaign, and my enjoyment of it has been greatly improved since I've discovered a vestige that makes you fall in love uncontrolably.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-11-29 at 05:44 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    This totally makes me rethink that Cleric/Crusader/Emerald Knight Vindicator of Lix Lorn/Prestige Paladin of Lix Lorn idea I had going there for awhile.

XD!!!
    I am not a paladin type. xD
    My PrC would be something bard based. Charisma focussed. Dex second. Likely sourced from the BoEF. But better written.

Not much of a widely known thing if he doesn't post often around here.
    Though if colors can cause a civil war, I question the stability of that subforum to begin with. O_o
    You think the SMBG forum is stable? Cute. xD

23. - Top - End - #1073

My PrC would be something bard based. Charisma focussed. Dex second. Likely sourced from the BoEF. But better written.
    The Holly Shippingmancer of Lixie?

question, wouldst thou be willing, oh mighty one, to use thine divine powers to make RainbowPie Shipping mandatory.

oh she of infinite shippyness

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Shipping is a gift, and everyone may ship as they see fit.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, in my defense, it's the best paladin version. 3 levels long and 2 of them advance actual cleric casting and Give me Cha synergy!

And besides, it's more a "Forget the system, I'm doing this my way, which happens to be graceful!" kinda build. And why yes, it can be geared toward needing mainly Cha and Dex

Or, you know, just Gestalt ed with Bard.
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Well hello, let's see what's going on in Ponythread toda-

Well, at least it isn't on fire yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Speculation about what's in the box:
    Spoiler
    Show

I regret nothing
    Spoiler: The Fandom's motto since 2010
    Show

I still remember the day this board introduced me to that little work of art....o_0
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-11-29 at 06:39 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Spamalot in the Playground

You think the SMBG forum is stable?
    Hey now... I said I question its stability.
    Maybe I don't interact much with the SMBG forum, but I'm not about to call it a noble gas.

Speaking of unstable things, I witnessed an amusing glitch in my GalCiv2 game:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had two frigate ships (Named Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon) attack an enemy battleship in orbit around a planet. Instead of going to the battle screen, Diamond Tiara and the enemy ship disappeared and there was a small explosion about half the screen length away from the planet. In empty space.

Well then. ...Silver Spoon leaves orbit and retreats back to base.

Meghan tweets for Season 4 (no big plot reveals, but might be semi-spoiler)~
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Derpy should be spotted in season four.
    • Spike gets some character development.

So, guess we better watch those backgrounds. ;)
    I wonder if the second bit means Spike gets another episode spotlight?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

I want a changeling plushie now.
    Seems like anything becomes instantly cute in plushie form. Although...I'm gonna get hate for this, but I don't find those things that cute. I think it's the fangs.

I'm still waiting on 4th Dimension to get some new ones in.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Well hello, let's see what's going on in Ponythread toda-

Well, at least it isn't on fire yet.
    Wait for it. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash have been drinking Screwdrivers and Hard Cider.

Spoiler: The Last time they got drunk
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Seems like anything becomes instantly cute in plushie form.
    Indeed!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show