New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXVI: 'P' is for 'Ponythread'!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    SG-1 had a movie? Yes I saw the original. Okay-ish?
    There were two made after the TV show, Continuum (Involving time-travel shenanigans) and Ark of Truth (Which wrapped up the whole Ori business.)
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    There were two made after the TV show, Continuum (Involving time-travel shenanigans) and Ark of Truth (Which wrapped up the whole Ori business.)
    thank goodness for Ark of truth, they had just left the show hanging there at the end.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I love the one NASA has that can replicate tools with working mechanical parts like wrenches and drills. This is practically replicator tech. Just another day closer to the reality of Star Trek.
    So. Cool.

This stuff is why I'm really glad to be in a 3d printing class this semester. One with a lab, no less! It means I get to mess around with this stuff.
    I wanna make replicators a thing. Some day. Or at least, help make them a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Theatrical, yeah. but Made-For-TV/Direct-To-Video stuff based on a TV show has a relatively nice track record. Ed, Edd, Eddy Big Picture Movie, Most of the Batman stuff, Stargate, etc.

Also, only soulless monsters forget the Goofy Goober ROCK sequence. :b.
    That's precisely what I was thinking. It's going to be stuck in my head all day now.
    But yeah, I wouldn't mind a movie showcasing actual ponies.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

4. - Top - End - #64
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I'll keep my hopes up, then :)
    Just know that you're not alone with that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    ...if anypony needs me, I'll be in the basement. Doing arts and crafts, probably. :I
    I was doodling 19th century era guns on my break. I also learned not to use the term "sawed-off shotgun" with my British coworker because he hears an entirely different meaning.

Return of the Joker was good because it acted as an appropriate Beyond finale. Until JLU couldn't leave well enough alone anyways.
    Boy did JLU tick me off with that.

Sorry while I don't feel a need to actually hold any expectation for that kinda stuff to actually happen. If it does... ehh whatever but it seems that the high water mark is only as good as the source material just edited differently.
    You have some good points, so it's cool. If a movie is done after the series is over with, then at least anyone disinterested to it can just ignore the movie without it affecting the series (unlike a movie in between seasons like Transformers which affects the main show a lot).
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-01-22 at 11:31 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

...I only know of one meaning to that phrase. Dare I ask why on earth he understood by it?

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    ...I only know of one meaning to that phrase. Dare I ask why on earth he understood by it?
    He heard sawed as sod. Combine with the word off and it becomes a rude slang term of telling someone to get lost.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Sod off shotgun? Hehe. Well, its a pretty potent prop if you're trying to get someone to go away, I guess.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Haha, pink tank.
    Funny you should say that...
    http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_583722-...-M3--Lee-.html

Thought occurs, Commander, if you do go for the Pinkie Panzer, you could do each gun mount coordinated with her cutie mark balloons. Three of each after all.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So, any pony-colour-vehicle suggestions? I may well tackle the next vehicle today and it's much easier to do if I start with the the colour, and not have to recolour it later (as I may do with Spike and Eques later).
    well..i was going to say Flitter/Cloudchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post

Thought occurs, Commander, if you do go for the Pinkie Panzer, you could do each gun mount coordinated with her cutie mark balloons. Three of each after all.
    but this is too good an idea to bypass
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_583722-...-M3--Lee-.html

I'm currently (well Dad is anyway...) doing a proofing run of the Auxilia Recon Drone, prior to finishing up the fine detail (which is the one that's been Pinkiefied), so it only has one mount. (Should be done later.)

(It should also be noted I'm cribbing the colours of the ponies off the MLP wikia and getting the direct RGB values, rather than sampling them from main source, so it'd be more effort to track down the appropriate colours for the cutie marks anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    well..i was going to say Flitter/Cloudchaser
    Always next time. There will be a few more designs yet - though the Auxilia is the last one I have scribbles on, so I might go back to sorting the war droids next job.

11. - Top - End - #71

That's definitely pink.

Heck, I daresay it's slightly more intimidating because it's pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Sod off shotgun? Hehe. Well, its a pretty potent prop if you're trying to get someone to go away, I guess.
    For sure. And the sound a pump-action shotgun makes is pretty iconic.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehehe, two ponies walk into a bar. If you haven't seen it already.

Also, I found the Apples to the core video strangely hilarious as well.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2014-01-22 at 01:48 PM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

I'm currently (well Dad is anyway...) doing a proofing run of the Auxilia Recon Drone, prior to finishing up the fine detail (which is the one that's been Pinkiefied), so it only has one mount. (Should be done later.)
    Ah right, obviously looked at the wrong picture and 2 + 2 = 5

As for exact colours - wow, that IS commitment, I just meant pale blue - yellow - pale blue.

This could explain why I don't win too many painting contests...

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

He heard sawed as sod. Combine with the word off and it becomes a rude slang term of telling someone to get lost.
    I'm guessing he'd say "sawn-off shotgun"?

You can laugh back if your friend ever calls an eraser a rubber. Or smokes.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post

You can laugh back if your friend ever calls an eraser a rubber. Or smokes.
    that would actually be a pretty good come back tabs.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

As for exact colours - wow, that IS commitment, I just meant pale blue - yellow - pale blue.

This could explain why I don't win too many painting contests...
    Not really... You see, the way it works is TurboCAD lets you define materials for the shapes you make (all my models are created via basically booleaned 3D shapes). You really need them be coloured so you can see what you're doing, so fairly early on, I figured out how to create my own materials and create a sort of plastic-y material, which I then simply change the colour of (via RGB values). I've got a large chunk of my basic materials being the (now outdated) Citidel paints range (since that's what colours they'd actually be painted). So it's not that hard to create a new material or 3-5 for pony colour if I have the RGB values. (I actually file the pony colours away in a seperate folder section from "Starship hulls" labelled "ZPonies", since I don't use them as much.)

Speaking of:

Spoiler: Spike Tank
    Show

With rocket, gatling and railgun turrets.

You can't tell from this picture (or even from the model, actually!) but the guns have clearance to elevate and depress to 15º. The gatlings, of course, require that little bit more elevation, so they actually have an articulation point just in front of the turret itself.

The top turret of course has a full range of rotation, but the model defaults at a 45º angle - because the replicator can print that with out support material.

Unfortunately, I had time to recolour the Eques, because the Rep 2 isn't co-operating at the moment! Partly, we suspect it's because we've come to the end of the current reel of PLA, but we're not quite sure. Shows the technology, wonderful as it is, is still not as straight-forward as the magic plug-and-play some people seem to think it is.

(Mostly the ones who are under the impression you can print things like guns... Which is, by the by, might barely be plausible, but since you still have to machine out the barrel, it's still going to be cheaper to make 'em in your backyard the old-fashioned way...!)

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    I believe that's the term he mentioned.

On the other hoof, you just made yourself a 25% profit with that kind of math.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Look at it this way. Hasbro want to flog their dodgy mutant brat-clone dolls, so better they do it via the odd movie than muscle their way in to the main show, yes?

'Cos that is a plausible possibilty, if some marketing suit focus group decides that will make them money to twirl mustaches over...
    That's very true. I'd rather have Equestria Girls be basically it's own thing far away from the actual show as possible.

You do realize that almost any pony movie premise can be delivered via the actual show right? Two parters or even a single episode... its all essentially a fairly short story format. The longer the movie (not that you'd get a long kids movie!) the more it needs to be padded out to feel properly paced.

And I seriously just do not get the desire for a pony movie. I never have.

Maybe by base isn't expansive enough but the only movie based on a television show I can think of that actually worked well was Serenity. Probably because Whedon took the time to make it neophyte friendly and everyone involved can sell their characters in five seconds.

Animation? Yeah I've seen this time and again with anime, and they all suck. At least there you have get some nice animation sequences maybe, something I'm not sure Flash will support as easily. The stories are never very good, it seems like writing "The Movie" for an ongoing franchise just creates a sort of mental constipation that prevent meaningful stories.

And Western animation's record is probably worse. Going back to the 80s Transformers was a **** parade cartoon to start, the movie was just as bad and actually had consequences. And they were all bad ones, look at how it didn't last! Don't get me started on the cowardly and unsuitable music. GI Joe's was little better, Cobra is secretly supported by mystical snake people! And they almost pulled the same cast slaughter to push new toys but Hasbro learned kids actually didn't like their main casts being slaughtered so it was all swept under the rug.

Powerpuff Girls I saw once and it made so little impression I can't remember a damn thing about it. I think everyone forgot the Spongebob movie. Simpson movie was maybe reasonable but kinda the same trap as anime.

Seem to me you want to make a movie... you have to make a movie not the movie.

Oh and we can see about the level Hasbro is willing to throw down with Equestria Girls. Animation wasn't seriously better, story was alright if you don't have kneejerks to "high school" as a premise.

So yeah I don't see what exactly people expect that's worth actually happening and being excited about. I think people are just setting themselves up for some pretty massive dissapointments should it actually happen. It will be... an extra two parter maybe. I'm not convinced the show has said it can really equal say the Royal Wedding reliably.

So yeah.... Pass.

I guess that's more or less true, though I think it'd be cool to get a three parter episode. I don't know what it would be on, but I imagine they could do something cool with it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That's very true. I'd rather have Equestria Girls be basically it's own thing far away from the actual show as possible.
    It is far away. Technically in its own dimension.

*Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo iN golf gear before the magic mirror*
    Bloom: "Where did Twi say this portal goes?" *Sets up tee*
    Sweetie: "Another dimension on the far side of the universe."
    Bloom: "That's gotta be a record." *Prepares to hit golf ball*
    AJ: "Apple Bloom! What do you think yer doin'?"
    Bloom: "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

*Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo iN golf gear before the magic mirror*
    that reminds me of the Stargate episode. were Jack and T'ekl, are reliving the same day over and over, so they golf out the Stargate. Think it was alluding to that.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Well, I finally finished another story. I've reread a couple of times and am still in that delusional state where I think it might be pretty good, but no one else has seen it yet, and I'm not too comfortable hitting "Submit" it on it with that in mind. Ponythread has come through for me with great input in the past, so I'm humbly asking once more for thoughts, suggestions and so forth!

It's just over 7000 words, so nothing huge. The story features Celestia and Sunset Shimmer, so Equestria Girls is necessary to be able to understand it. It doesn't, however, take place in the human world.
    Read it. Nicely done. Nothing helpfully constructive to say, I'm afraid (didn't spot any typoes or anything)...!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

It's an interesting little bit of detail that Dash is the only pony without dirt on her hooves.
    I guess Awesomness is a dust repellent?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Missed this on last post.

Priceless.

That was one of their better episodes!

The really funny thing is apparently the montage was something they came up with on the spur of the moment because the episode was running short. Which just goes to show.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    that reminds me of the Stargate episode. were Jack and T'ekl, are reliving the same day over and over, so they golf out the Stargate. Think it was alluding to that.
    Yeah, basically that. Was one of my favorite Stargate moments.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I guess Awesomness is a dust repellent?
    Given the state of my desk area at home (the only things not dusty is the Trixie figure and my Skyrim discs) there may be some truth in that. Then again, dust has a hard time settling on things that keep moving.

Priceless.
    That was one of their better episodes!
    Oh yes. Another wonderful scene was O'Neal's resignation letter.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #85
    Banned

Oh yes. Another wonderful scene was O'Neal's resignation letter.
    It's "O'Neill!" Two "l's."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Three Possible Reasons for Whay Derpy was absent untill Now.
    Show

she was on an adventure to save the digital world, with her partner Muffinmon(Or maybe Bubblemon, I didn't watch that season)

On an Adventure to Save all the Worlds, with the Help of everypony's favorite Disney Characters

I think this one is self explanatory.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Given the state of my desk area at home (the only things not dusty is the Trixie figure and my Skyrim discs) there may be some truth in that. Then again, dust has a hard time settling on things that keep moving.
    Nah, it's the awesomness. If you need further proof about how it repels dust?

Spoiler
    Show

Best pony uses it to remove MUD!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Digo (and others), I am in need of aid. I need a good motto that involves a bear pun. It's hard to find good ones.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Let sleeping bears lie, lest your troubles get ursa?

When the grizzlies come hunting, it's utterly teddyfying?

Poke the bear, get a grizzly end?

(Ouch, this is heading into chrimbo cracker territory now)

(And I also learned that you can colour print in 3d. Every day's a school day!)
    Last edited by Pilum; 2014-01-22 at 05:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Grin and Bear it?

We Bear Your Burdens?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.