New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LVIII: URFworld

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Who is watching the All-stars?
    I will definitely be watching some of the matchups. The C9 matchups are what interest me the most.

We only got to see 3 C9 games at worlds last year, now we get to see how the match up against other top teams.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I will definitely be watching some of the matchups. The C9 matchups are what interest me the most.

We only got to see 3 C9 games at worlds last year, now we get to see how the match up against other top teams.
    Not really. Unless something changed I thought they had a subbed in midlaner, which will likely hurt them a lot. But past that, I expect most of their games to go about as well as they did last year at worlds. Though skt has seemed lost lately which hurts my soul a little.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

3. - Top - End - #783
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fnatic v C9s bout to start. NA! NA! NA!

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    NA! NA! NA!
    NA! NA! NA!
    NA! NA! NA!
    NA! NA! NA!
    Batmaaaan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Batmaaaan!
    Well played good sir, well played.

Spoiler: Fnatic v C9
    Show
    Yeah 'Murica!
    Honestly Fnatic probably shoulda won that one, with the early lead they had combined with C9 missing their shotcaller. Props to C9 though for taking advantage of some mistakes on Fnatics part and for managing to engage on that 5v4 when Soaz was split pushing their bot inhib.

Spoiler: OMG v TPA
    Show
    What just happened?

This is one that might be worth watching, one of the more exciting games I've seen.

Spoiler: SKT v C9
    Show
    Ooo, Faker first picks Leblanc, what are you gonna do Link? (Lulu apparently) Much as is sucks that Hai had to miss this I'm really looking forward to Link getting some solid international experience playing against the likes of Faker and Xpeke. Also I really like this crowd, this is what a major event crowd should be, loud cheers and reactions without people being able to stand out individually. Helps it a massive crowd compared to the smaller LCS crowds.
    Last edited by Farix; 2014-05-08 at 01:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Well played good sir, well played.

Spoiler: Fnatic v C9
    Show
    Yeah 'Murica!
    Honestly Fnatic probably shoulda won that one, with the early lead they had combined with C9 missing their shotcaller. Props to C9 though for taking advantage of some mistakes on Fnatics part and for managing to engage on that 5v4 when Soaz was split pushing their bot inhib.

Spoiler: OMG v TPA
    Show
    What just happened?

This is one that might be worth watching, one of the more exciting games I've seen.

Spoiler: SKT v C9
    Show
    Ooo, Faker first picks Leblanc, what are you gonna do Link? (Lulu apparently) Much as is sucks that Hai had to miss this I'm really looking forward to Link getting some solid international experience playing against the likes of Faker and Xpeke. Also I really like this crowd, this is what a major event crowd should be, loud cheers and reactions without people being able to stand out individually. Helps it a massive crowd compared to the smaller LCS crowds.
    Fnatic vs C9

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah C9 definitely was suffering in the coordination department. Both of the first 2 dragon fights were poor calls, they just got lucky and walked away with a 2 for 1 on the first 1. Despite the gold being even and C9 actually winning most of the teamfights, Fnatic simply had much better coordination and map rotations that allowed them to take objectives.

C9 got lucky with 2 back to back teamfights that let them push that one home, if that had gone on that much longer I feel that Fnatic was still going to win.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground

only mechanics matter in league of legends
    confirmed @ allstars once again

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

New skin for everyone's favorite fish lady!

9. - Top - End - #789

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    that invade was pure solo queue lol
    weren't hate spiking red but i think you figured it out

wouldn't stop for enemy wraiths/own wraiths when trying to 3buff off an unscouted invade
    - doing enemy wraiths means they know immediately upon entering their red side that you took their red along with delaying your own path and gives them enough time to invade your red or even your blue if they're a stronger duelist than you
    the reason it worked so well is that shyv did blue->wolves and then did nothing but there's definitely no guarantee of that always happening
    I derped - I didn't see Shyvana on my ward at wraiths so I thought she hit my red. I was gonna farm and it turned out she was incredibly unresponsive about my invade. That's why I asked if she DC'd.

That invade works a lot, though. Solo queue power!

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    9:50 i dislike that flash style vs akali and really against people with strong gap closers in general. if their gap closer is up -> you die while wasting flash along with giving them more distance from people on your team. if it wasn't up, it was simply a wasted flash
    I was definitely not thinking about my Flashes in that game. In that case, though, I had W and was relatively sure Akali couldn't get vision of me through the brush.

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    i think that itemizing hexdrinker before you finish randuin's (or merc treads, for that matter, since they were only relevant against bot lane that game) would have been ideal.

also is that 408?? gb †
    Yeah, probably.

I have no idea what is up with the quality.
    Last edited by Happy Gravity; 2014-05-08 at 04:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoa whoa whoa - Twin Shadows detects traps now?

Wow only took them 6 months to put it in after taking Oracle out.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

So off topic, NiP is back.. With Alex Ich as a toplaner.. I feel the world is getting weird.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    So off topic, NiP is back.. With Alex Ich as a toplaner.. I feel the world is getting weird.
    Yup, EU Super Team v2.0 engaged!

Top: Alex Ich (Gambit Gaming)
    Jungle: k0u (Cloud 9 Eclipse)
    Mid: Nukeduck (NiP)
    ADC: Freeze (NiP)
    Support: Mithy (NiP)

Supposedly, ADC was to be FORG1VEN, but the team didn't have enough 5v5 ranked points to get into the Challenger Series, so they put Freeze back in so they'd qualify as the old NiP team.

For awhile there, there was just non-stop news every day. We still haven't heard if Evil Geniuses is going to shuffle their roster again.
    Last edited by Joran; 2014-05-08 at 05:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Banned

dat come hither pose

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Do you guys think that Nocturne is still viable with FF even with the 4.7 patch? I haven't played ranked in a long time and I figured out I should; I don't want to stay at Bronze forever.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you guys think that Nocturne is still viable with FF even with the 4.7 patch? I haven't played ranked in a long time and I figured out I should; I don't want to stay at Bronze forever.
    He has a bit more weak of an early game then prior to the nerfs but hes about the same. The extra early AS is (IMO) is what made him come back out of the woodwork. Helped proc his passive and increase his clear times so he didn't waste as much mana trying to clear. Mid/late game he's still an unstoppable beast that can come from nowhere and everywhere.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #796

I've been building Madred's Razor -> Stats on the feral flare junglers, and just keeping a notepad so I know when I'm getting close to 30 stacks and should upgrade to Wriggles.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

I don't even bother with the razor on, say, Shyvana.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I've been building Madred's Razor -> Stats on the feral flare junglers, and just keeping a notepad so I know when I'm getting close to 30 stacks and should upgrade to Wriggles.
    Wriggle's gives stacks on kills/assists now.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa - Twin Shadows detects traps now?

Wow only took them 6 months to put it in after taking Oracle out.

Only on Dom/TT, though.

19. - Top - End - #799

Here's the thing about stacks on Wriggles tho', you secretly get them regardless of whether or not you have the item built. So you can just make sure you get to 30ish stacks and then build it.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'll mess up with my rune page (probably swapping an AD quint for an AS one) and see how it goes, what I'm mostly concerned is the lack of sustain, until I get a Vamp scepter at the least I feel I would be loosing a little too much in the jungle.

Incidentally what is a better option for Nocturne as first defensive item (I usually rush Bork or at least cutlass) Randuins or Sunfire? I personally prefer the sunfire since the aura helps with clearing and it is somewhat cheaper, but I think Randuin's might have more utility.
    Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #801

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Here's the thing about stacks on Wriggles tho', you secretly get them regardless of whether or not you have the item built. So you can just make sure you get to 30ish stacks and then build it.
    Do you get stacks on kill/assist without Wriggle's?

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

If they work like before, then you should get the stacks with starting with the Machete.
    Just call me Dusk

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll mess up with my rune page (probably swapping an AD quint for an AS one) and see how it goes, what I'm mostly concerned is the lack of sustain, until I get a Vamp scepter at the least I feel I would be loosing a little too much in the jungle.

Incidentally what is a better option for Nocturne as first defensive item (I usually rush Bork or at least cutlass) Randuins or Sunfire? I personally prefer the sunfire since the aura helps with clearing and it is somewhat cheaper, but I think Randuin's might have more utility.
    I usually get Hydra* as my first big item after FF/SS item. And the defensive item depends on the enemy team and whats the biggest threat going into mid game. If its an AP/Mixed heavy team then I'll go with veil first then usually get thornmail instead of sunfire.

*I get hydra over botrk due to it increasing clear times and when I gank someone with a heavy wave with them I can sustain off the wave a bit better and clear it a bit faster.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Yup, EU Super Team v2.0 engaged!

Top: Alex Ich (Gambit Gaming)
    Jungle: k0u (Cloud 9 Eclipse)
    Mid: Nukeduck (NiP)
    ADC: Freeze (NiP)
    Support: Mithy (NiP)

Supposedly, ADC was to be FORG1VEN, but the team didn't have enough 5v5 ranked points to get into the Challenger Series, so they put Freeze back in so they'd qualify as the old NiP team.

For awhile there, there was just non-stop news every day. We still haven't heard if Evil Geniuses is going to shuffle their roster again.
    I feel they could have found a better top, and kept Alex mid though. He was such a strong mid usually
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Do you get stacks on kill/assist without Wriggle's?
    Just finished a game, I didn't buy a Wriggles until 17 minutes into the game and I had 27 stacks from the get go, by that point I think I had about 10 or so stacks from kills/assist and the item itself says you get the stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    I usually get Hydra* as my first big item after FF/SS item. And the defensive item depends on the enemy team and whats the biggest threat going into mid game. If its an AP/Mixed heavy team then I'll go with veil first then usually get thornmail instead of sunfire.

*I get hydra over botrk due to it increasing clear times and when I gank someone with a heavy wave with them I can sustain off the wave a bit better and clear it a bit faster.
    I prefer Bork due the active, helps a lot with chasing/ escaping. You are right, but since lately most comps have been AD top/Jungle/Bot AP Mid/Support I prefer the Sunfire (plus I really like the new aura effect, pretty stylish IMO), though there have been some weird AP comps when Veil saved my life (Veigar, Vlad, Nami and AP Warwick), it was hilarious to escape a bubble with the veil's shield and then walk through veigar's stun ring (Noc's W) to reach their ADC.
    Just call me Dusk

26. - Top - End - #806

Just finished a game, I didn't buy a Wriggles until 17 minutes into the game and I had 27 stacks from the get go, by that point I think I had about 10 or so stacks from kills/assist and the item itself says you get the stacks
    Anyone can repro and confirm that you get stacks from kills/assists with Machete alone? That would be awesome for ganking junglers e.g Lee Sin.

Btw, AP Tank JG Maokai really rocks for solo queue. Fast clears and tanks all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

27. - Top - End - #807

Machete gives stacks for K/A.
    Last edited by thracian; 2014-05-09 at 04:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #808

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Machete gives stacks for K/A.
    Great, thanks for confirming.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Today in E-Sports history...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Faker uses a skin. Voluntarily this time. Maybe. (I'm sure team pressure wasn't a factor at all).
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-05-09 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He's done it before, iirc. During the OGN winter(?) finals.