New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Night Nine

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Hold on... you mean you could use it once per player?

I think I feel fairly safe going back to calling this setup horribly imbalanced now
    Yeah, if that's how it really worked, it's the most powerful role I've ever seen. To properly balance that we'd have needed total control of all reveals just as a starter.
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2014-12-22 at 11:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Pixie in the Playground

I have to assume that with that level of power, Ramsus was far more right than he knew when he told town they shouldn't trust Haruki-kun; the only way that power could ever be balanced is if people could come back as other alignments.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

And yet they didn't - The one person I brought back (without interference) was Ruki, and he retained his role.

It's... essentially why I stopped posting.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    And yet they didn't - The one person I brought back (without interference) was Ruki, and he retained his role.

It's... essentially why I stopped posting.
    That's only one player, though. I could imagine every player having a one-in-three chance of coming back as Town, Wolf, or Other.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, that's true, but I just didn't care after that. Every once in a while you can get a sense for a game you're in, and find the really broken crap you stumble across. This was one of those times, and more often than not it just kills your will to continue with it.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Meanwhile Sprig is stewing... knows that IF and aspi are wolves as was patiently waiting for a rez that never came :(
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-22 at 01:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Being fair here, I made four different attempts at resurrections, two of which were for you, Sprig. I just kept getting blocked.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

hehe - All good :P

Like I said i really was enjoying watching.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, it's your fault you didn't inform the network well enough. I even told Haruki that IF was silenced for the day at your request the previous night and he still didn't act on it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Well, it's your fault you didn't inform the network well enough. I even told Haruki that IF was silenced for the day at your request the previous night and he still didn't act on it
    Haruki seemed to inherently trust me; maybe because I claimed Beast to him about thirty seconds after Day 4 started.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Oddly enough, Ruki thought beyond anything else that you were a wolf, according to what he told me. I wasn't certain, so I didn't act on it, and I'm not sure why he didn't either.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Pixie in the Playground

...then I'm really confused why he told me Count was scried.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you were the one he didn't trust. Count and Death brought you up too.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes more sense. Initially, I told him that yes, I got a role from the mutation, but that it was the assassin role, because I wasn't sure if I could trust him just yet. Perhaps he indeed thought I was lying.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Hard to inform a network that was dead! Even if i suspected he was going to be reborn.
    I don't know if anyone picked up but after day 2 it was obvious Tanar was captain. I probably should have let him in on what I knew but then I was worried that count was a the baddie I could't scan and still furious that the Vig had not contacted Haruki.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

@Deathslayer & Count: I'm still not certain why you had it out for me, but kudos for not giving me any breathing room. I know I pushed both of you hard and I hope I wasn't too aggressive or rude in doing so. Ultimetely getting killed when I did was good for my thesis I think

The only regret I have is that I knew Deathslayer didn't use the autopsy drone (since they got that information about Asteron too late in the day to have obtained it from Nonayer directly) but didn't connect the dots in time and push for count to be nightkilled instead of DS (probably because the autopsy drone was incredibly powerful, so it having just one charge made complete sense to me). If I had, it would probably have been pretty much smooth sailing for us since I would have been able to claim captain.
    We didn't have it out for you in particular, aside from you being someone we could be sure was wolf. I got a power called "vengeance," and, as wolves killed Deathslayer, I wanted to make sure I hit a wolf with it. I never stopped considering until the end, but I stuck with my gut despite my huge unsureness near the end. I saw in the wolf QT that Nonayer made a comment about my decision, and I should probably go dig up past PMs to see what exactly I sent. It was essentially something where I delayed my action until near the end and said that I'd better stick with my gut. ...and if I changed my mind, I'd send in a new decision. I almost did but kept waiting, and eventually night ended without me deciding.

As for the autopsy drone, we kept debating switching who had it and guessing which of us would die, but we hoped that we had pulled off a bluff with Deathslayer having it. It worked out well enough, but I was pretty sure it could just have easily ended the other way around. For the record, I gave Deathslayer the information about AsteronIronhoof less than a half hour after day started. I also was debating keeping quiet for a bit to see if we could spot someone maybe acting odd. I don't know. This game confused me, and I felt like others' input when there were so many wolves was just going to confuse me completely. IF/aspi/Ramsus confused me for sure, and I could never even really get good town reads on anyone. It wasn't a good game for me, and it came at a very busy time of my life, but I kept my partner alive, got rid of the misinformation in this game, and killed a wolf, so that's good enough for me.

I actually have the growing suspicion that Asteron was the Vig and we managed to get really lucky and fool ourselves at the same time by disguising him.

So what was Asteron? Count should know I believe.
    As I said in-thread (or as Deathslayer said? I can't remember and don't want to check), AsteronIronhoof was just a normal Crew Member (vanillager). I have no clue who the Vig was.

----------

I've been hearing a lot about me being part of the network. I've been hearing a lot about how "I think Count's more well-connected than he's claiming." (from Wolf QT :P). Let me tell you what frustrated me about this game. I was Sprig's N1 scry. He BCC'd me for his convos trying to figure out FC, and then he disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I knew. I had no clue he was part of the network. Hell, I had no clue there even *was* a network half the time. Apparently, Deathslayer knew more than I did about any network, and he was never even scried! And he never told me what he knew! When I was almost assuredly town, did anyone claim to me? Neutrals. And Mordokai, eventually, for whatever good it did him (sorry! ) (Mid-post edit: Hmm... now that I think about it, Logic did sorta claim vanillager with a drone to me, so... that's two?). IF claimed to me as well, and I had heard through the thread that he may or may not have been part of some network with Sprig and Haruki and might possibly have been scried, but people were unsure, and I had no clue what the hell was going on power-wise. He was basically my only link to the "network" so I felt I had no choice but to trust him, since I had been given no other help from this network who had me as a confirmed townie from the beginning! So yeah, I'm glad I had you all second-guessing yourselves, since I was being as truthful as I could to try and get some help and make some sense out of this game. I was frustrated by poor town play, and I was frustrated by the huge lack of information and further misinformation on town's part. My only confidant was wolf, and my partner was a wolfy townie. This game made no sense, and the huge power creep didn't help that. I'm glad I was onto Ramsus and McGinty as much as I was, but others still came first. I'm also glad I never decided to double-guess aspi, since I was sincerely debating that. But as soon as I made the decision, it would have been worse to turn back on it.

Oh, and for the record, my policy is to be truthful about things unless I have some clue what's going on and can actually use misinformation to my advantage (e.g. only IF knew about Mordokai, so it was strange that he was killed over me that very night...). I'm still really pissed that the network never considered bringing me in, even knowing that I was a scry? It would have been really nice to get other people to talk to, aside from watching Deathslayer publicly dig himself a grave...

As for DS7 and I being a bit overpowered, sure. But we replaced the mason group and were unconnected at the start. Was it easy to find each other? I guess? But even still, we didn't get connected until Night whenever, and we were already public enough by then. DS7 died soon enough, and we lost our powers (mostly). If I had decided to just PM Deathslayer at the beginning and say, "I think I know who you are, and you know why. ", we'd have been connected Night 1 (I had Deathslayer pegged from his first post of the game, pretty literally...). I kept leaving hints (which aspi or someone noticed in the wolf QT), but Deathslayer never caught on. It eventually took me essentially saving his butt from lynch while still talking around my role to finally get him to notice and send in the decision... My favorite hint was when I misspelled "doubtless" as "daubtless," since it was also a typo of "dauntless," our code word. I figured, since I make so few typos, someone who read it would think it odd, and Deathslayer might see the similarity to dauntless. But nope. It didn't happen.

The mimic alone was basically a power scry, and I'm kinda glad we didn't get to use it? If we had connected since the beginning and immediately connected with Sprig, we'd have used Mimic to confirm IF's power and confirmed him as wolf. That said, we only ever used it on aspi, and it never went through due to DS7 immediately dying. If we ever had a second choice, I'd have used it on a wolf suspect or to duplicate IF's Beast power that I thought he had (and subsequently revealed him to be lying), but that was never an issue.

Oh, and Halae's mutation was OP. If it had brought back multiple people, that'd have been pretty bad... >.>

This game suffered from extreme power creep on both sides and severe lack of understanding of what was going on at any given time on town's part. If town had gotten its act together earlier (and actually made a decent attempt at networking, which apparently tried to happen with Haruki? ), we'd probably have gotten a better idea of wolves earlier. Tanar probably wouldn't have been lynched (that Captain's test was a bad idea, and Rain not speaking up about his drone wasn't good either...), and we'd have been able to start narrowing down things at the end. The autopsy drone was a godsend and allowed me to actually take part in this game aside from saving the one person I could be sure was town. And hey, I was right in trusting the two neutrals who claimed to me! ...yep, the majority of people who claimed to me were neutrals. Go town...

I have no clue if I'm missing responding to something else, or if I've forgotten anything I wanted to talk about. Tell me if you need me to talk about anything else!

Oh, yes. That Rain Dragon lynch was the worst ever. After Ramsus was pretty much confirmed wolf (mind control), RD was pretty confirmed town, since a RD/Ramsus pair was near unthinkable due to the decision to reveal the vote-shenanigan drones. It basically made it clear that one of the two (but almost definitely not both!) was wolf, and that turned out Ramsus. So... Rain Dragon shouldn't have been lynched the next day? Than again, we pretty much had no one voting at the time, so... yep. >.>

Oh, also. Watchdogs QT (DS7 and I, though I do most of the talking)

Yay long posts!

Preview edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    Hard to inform a network that was dead! Even if i suspected he was going to be reborn.
    I don't know if anyone picked up but after day 2 it was obvious Tanar was captain. I probably should have let him in on what I knew but then I was worried that count was a the baddie I could't scan and still furious that the Vig had not contacted Haruki.
    Ah, so you really thought I was the one baddie you'd scry as villager? ...if I were, don't you think I'd have just gone "yeah, I'm a villager, let's kill DS7!"? It would be really bad play to tell you I was masony with someone if I were wolf, unless that person were a villager, but even then they wouldn't corroborate my story. So... me backing DS7 would have been a really bad play as wolf, I'd think? It reminds me of FC thinking I was claiming mason as a wolf when scried as vanillager by the Seer (turned out to be a narrator mistake that cost us the game ), and I really don't know why people don't trust me? Or think I'd make so fragile a claim as wolf that would likely incriminate me soon enough and lose us two wolves instead of one?

16. - Top - End - #616
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, if the Vigilante wasn't Logic, Halae or Asteron, I think that only leaves Wolfbane. Which is annoying, because we scried him with a drone, in an attempt to see if he was the Vigilante, and didn't learn anything.

I guess the only thing left to find out is what the heck the Medic could do.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Unless you were the one he didn't trust. Count and Death brought you up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    That makes more sense. Initially, I told him that yes, I got a role from the mutation, but that it was the assassin role, because I wasn't sure if I could trust him just yet. Perhaps he indeed thought I was lying.
    But surely Haruki had to trust Halae after the revive... so there was time to act on that information.
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

there was. no one ever did though.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

not quite. My revivals had a sort of... hangover? Deathover, anyways. Ruki wasn't able to act the day after I brought him back during the night, and he was killed the night immediately following.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't recall. I was just Roleplaying. I was trying to hint at being unkillable for the first 6 days... so much for that.

Who the hell was the Vig????
    I was killed Night 1 and never resurrected, which sort of prevented me from doing anything productive. I'm hoping that's sufficient justification.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    I was killed Night 1 and never resurrected, which sort of prevented me from doing anything productive. I'm hoping that's sufficient justification.
    Wait, what? You're saying you were the Vigilante?

There's no way that we tampered with your identity so why are you listed as the Medic? All other roles were named in game as they were in Nonayers initial description.
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

22. - Top - End - #622
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Wait, so Legato Endless was the Vig but was listed as a crew member? ...definitely confused.

Also, the Medic is still a mystery role (I had assumed it was the resurrector, but that was Halae), though ThePhantom is listed as having it, not Legato Endless. ...unless ThePhantom already explained what that role was, and I forgot?

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

The Vig is just a guy with a gun. Or rather, a crewman who starts with a one shot item. I'm was a power role that didn't register as a power role. I could pass the gun off to someone else if I wished. In the event of my death, my killers get to loot it from my corpse and are able to use it instead, giving the wolves a get out of lynch free day.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

I was sort of a second vigilante.

As engineer, I found a gun that I could use as a vigilante power, and I was revealed as the one who shot thr gun. Either I found it after the vigilante died, or I had a second gun.

I was told anyone could have found the gun...
    That is different from what was said above.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2015-01-02 at 09:49 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.