New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Graphics tablets are harder, as far as I'm concerned. For while drawing skill developed on a tablet usually transfers back in to traditional drawing, the opposite is generally not true. So you have to really mess around for a bit before you finally can draw as well as well as you could.
    It's weird that it would be that way, but for some reason it's true. I've never been that great at drawing, so my graphics tablet drawing was total crap.
    By the way, bonus points if any of you remember the name of my webcomic! It was in my sig for a little bit, if it helps jog your memory... On second thought, maybe it'd be better if nobody knew about it.

Eh, we get some stuff done. And we're paid. And it looks great on a resume. But we do try and get some stuff done. We're basically the only student body government there is.
    Wait, you get paid? If my school *paid* me to be on student council, or be on student anything, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. (Granted, we're not a university, but I still want to get paid for enduring all the crap school makes me sit through.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Not a thousand quotes yet. OTHER PEOPLE STILL NEED TO JOIN IN.
    Maybe if we get Taet to give extra tea to anybody who joins in ... I think we're on to something here.

It's always better to suffer with company. Call it schadenfreude or call it camaraderie, whichever floats your boat.
    Mind if I sig that? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in my time on this forum. Regarding flight delays though, our flight got canceled, so we're leaving today (in an hour, actually) instead of yesterday. I've really enjoyed the suffering in sunny Florida, though.

I think you're missing the point of a traditional Nordic sauna. The idea is that you come in from the cold and relax for a bit, then go back out into the cold and cool off. There is no cold to do that in Florida. I strongly suspect she wouldn't like it at all.
    I thought the point was to sit as long as you could before passing out with your whole body burned.

It's easily one of the best games I've ever played. You'll want to take notes, because you have to play through it multiple times to get all the endings (duh), and trying to do puzzles again from memory can be a pain in the ass.
    It's for the DS - dunno if that'll make it easier or more difficult for you to pick up a copy. Not that you couldn't just find an emulator and rom.
    It really makes it easier for me to play. Not because it's easier to download an emulator for ... I totally have a DS and the ability to get a copy from my local game store...

No geology puns?!?! How... how do you even do that? I have puns in pretty much all of my classes. I've got electrical puns, computer architecture puns, geology puns, physics puns, you name it.
    Most of my teachers are authoritarian, no-nonsense types who hate fun. The ones that do make jokes never make puns, sadly enough.

NO ITEMS
    FOX ONLY
    FINAL DESTINATION

And yes, I do (normally - we just have them on, most of the time). See: filthy casual.
    Items make some of the characters awesome/hilarious. Villager and Rosalina are so much better with items on (as is anyone with a reflect).
    Granted, I don't play as either of those very often, but eh.
    Real talk, though -- Smashville is a much better neutral stage than FD. Projectile-based characters are still good on that stage but the platform allows for non-projectile characters to avoid them somewhat.

I love items (when not playing competitively). You've never played Smash until you've played a Pokeball on high match on Pokemon Stadium. I really dislike most of Smash 4's items though. I prefer Brawl's.

Um... I guess so? I would assume yes, but I find lots of things to be "good". AT will, at the very least, make it entertaining.
    I'm looking forward to it in that case!

Yeeeeaaaah, but it's off-putting to newcomers, and it's nice to have other people join in if they're not asshats. But yes, there is little more exciting than getting to be a hipster in your chosen fandom/activity. Hrm... I don't think I've really got much cred of that nature in any of the things I follow. I suppose I've sorta got that with D&D, seeing as I was already pretty familiar with the rules by the time my friends got into it.
    It's funny -- I thought that I was the only person in my school who liked D&D, and then it turned out that there's a whole group of D&D players who love to play.

Too bad that during lunch periods, they don't play actual D&D, just crappy FFRP, and that when they do have after-school sessions, they talk about inviting me but never actually do so.

Nah, we're all chill. I much prefer people to join in a conversation than to just let it die. There are things I can reply to if someone writes paragraphs or asks a few questions - it's a whole lot harder to do if the only thing sitting there in their post is a few sentences unrelated to what everyone else is going on about. JOIN US.

Don't be intimidated. DON'T DO IT.
    ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Exactly like that. The one I use is called FoxReplace, but I'm sure there are plenty others. It makes my online experience just a little more hilarious, at the occasional expense of readability.
    I'm hesitant to get one, fearing that I'll be constantly thrown off when reading things. Also, I don't think I'm witty to come up with any good conversions.

ION: I recently got hooked on playing Solitaire, even though I suck. I sometimes see the outlines of cards sticking onto people in a twisted form of the Tetris Effect. I need to stop, but I can't.

IOON: After playtesting my game, it's buggy as hell. Any fighting game where you can't move ever again after you're attacked is a bad fighting game.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I. You. You moved back to Finland? I wasn't gone that long was I? So it's a bad idea to mention that the localest part of my local college (it has two or three campuses now because it's semi-nationally good) has a student hairdresser's that can cut your hair for about five pounds regardless of length or what style you actually want cut?
    The UK's really that cheap compared to other countries (in Europe)? Wow.

So . . . how do they get away with male/female prices then? Is it one of those non-policed laws that just exist for no reason? Equal prices is good I suppose, though it's still a rip-off for the men as they have less hair to cut and maintain. That said I know just about as many men who use barbers/unisex places as those who go to actual 'ladies' salons, so they know what they're in for.
    So how much will your haircut cost you in pounds?
    Oh, lass, my sweet Curlified English lass! You have been gone for so long, so, so long... Indeed, I am no longer the original FinnLassie, but her grand-granddaughter! Ok fine I'll stop with the time travel drama before it gets too cheesy. Anyways, yes, long story short, teaching was not for me, bleh, ew, moved back to Finland, ended a relationship, Christmas was super fun and good, new years happened mainly with me packing to move to a new city and to start anew with my new degree, a lot of good things have happened since. So yeah currently just trying to let go of negative feelings, and getting rid of my hair is part of the process.

And yes. My monthly costs for food have pretty much doubled here in Finland, and I'm actually going pretty damn cheap in every aspect that I can.

They probably get away with the slow process of officials actually bothering to check. I was actually surprised how many hairdressers have gender equal pricing here in the tiny city I now live in, Helsinki for instance is much, much worse - but that whole city is just a rip-off anyways. A lot of places just say barber/hairdresser nowadays, but they can't refuse if a woman wants a barber service for short hair for example, which is always cheaper than the female alternative that is exactly the same damn thing.

I actually haven't counted, but in pounds it'll probably be anywhere between 20-30 squidballs. No idea about the euro-pound exchange rate atm, apparently it was rather appalling not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

Nice. Hope that goes well for you.
    Well... Just today I spent 15 mins in front of the mirror looking at my hair, doing all kinds of hairstyles thinking "WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY LUSCIOUS, SEXY CURLS------ oh wait yeah there's a huge tangle nest right here. and here. and here. Yeah I'm good."

... I'm probably going to cry my eyes out over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Well... Just today I spent 15 mins in front of the mirror looking at my hair, doing all kinds of hairstyles thinking "WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY LUSCIOUS, SEXY CURLS------ oh wait yeah there's a huge tangle nest right here. and here. and here. Yeah I'm good."

Awe, I hope they're happy tears at least.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Tidying the walk-in freezer would be less unpleasant if it wasn't so cold
    I dunno, I've never really minded going back and doing stuff in the freezer, although I guess I never really spent a lot of time in there - certainly no more than a minute or two. They do keep a bunch of coats by the entrance, though, presumably for people who have to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    That's almost the feeling I had too. Except insert Pokemon instead of Tolkien here. Only have a few books and his aren't in the collection.

I'd be surprised if it weren't cold. But I get what you mean. While working at a restaurant I typically hated doing anything working with the freezer. Though I eventually warmed up to the idea. I'm horrible.
    You could probably talk all day about pokemon with Choff.
    And we could all argue about Tolkien!

Pfffffft

In other news, why can't sleeping work normal? I mean, I spend a few days staying up til 5 am with a friend and next thing you know my body can't decide when sleeping is okay or not. Glad I got at least one fairly normal night of sleeping, so today I can actually do things.

Also my cooking ability continues to slowly grow! I am great at making pastas of various sorts now (including stuff not just from a box!) and I got some little creative ideas to try next month. And I made cornbread for the first time and nothing burned, which I see as great for someone who has basically no baking experience.
    You've upset your Circadian rhythm, and now everything's messed up! Congratulations, you're where I was all of last semester!
    No, but seriously, I know it sucks. Normally exercise and travel is what got me back on a reasonable schedule. You're welcome to try and stay up all night or go to bed early, but those tend to have limited effectiveness, from my experience.

Cool! What sort of stuff are you cooking (aside from pasta, anyway)? And what about these creative ideas? I so rarely make anything special at home (pasta and meat being about the limit of my personal cooking, when I even bother), so it's cool to hear about what other people make.

...which might be why I rarely make puzzles in D&D. I have so little puzzle designing skill.
    I find puzzles in D&D (and indeed, TTRPGs in general) work better when 1) they're not essential to anything, and just give extra help if the players figure it out, or 2) are grand in scale, encompassing entire plot elements (think a mystery more than a traditional puzzle). I prefer large mysteries myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Maybe if we get Taet to give extra tea to anybody who joins in ... I think we're on to something here.
    I'm not much of a tea person myself, but you feel free to auction off each others' tea for my amusement.

Mind if I sig that? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in my time on this forum. Regarding flight delays though, our flight got canceled, so we're leaving today (in an hour, actually) instead of yesterday. I've really enjoyed the suffering in sunny Florida, though.
    Sig away, good sir! It's been forever since anyone sig-quoted me (or the reverse, for that matter).

Well, at least you heard about it beforehand and not, say, after you boarded the plane.

I enjoy Florida during the winter. The rest of the year can stay the hell away, though.

Well, then. I mean, I can see how one comes up with a competition like that, but that's a bit extreme.

It really makes it easier for me to play. Not because it's easier to download an emulator for ... I totally have a DS and the ability to get a copy from my local game store...
    Sadly the next game in the series is for the 3DS, of which there is no current working emulator for. Honestly, it's tempting to buy a 3DS just for the next game, but I don't have that kind of cash to just drop on a console at the moment (or, well, I do, but it's best spent elsewhere, like rent, books, and food).

Most of my teachers are authoritarian, no-nonsense types who hate fun. The ones that do make jokes never make puns, sadly enough.
    Make the jokes to your friends, not the teacher. Or are you actually paying attention in class?
    'cause what we did was sit in the back and crack jokes the whole time.

Real talk, though -- Smashville is a much better neutral stage than FD. Projectile-based characters are still good on that stage but the platform allows for non-projectile characters to avoid them somewhat.

I love items (when not playing competitively). You've never played Smash until you've played a Pokeball on high match on Pokemon Stadium. I really dislike most of Smash 4's items though. I prefer Brawl's.
    Generally agreed, though I prefer Battlefield as far as competitive stages go. It's a classic.
    My favorite stage is the Kalos Pokemon League. All sorts of cool stuff in that one.

A pokemon battle game is fun, but what's even better is all bombs and containers, items on high. A Michael Bay match, if you will.

Eh, some of the items are pretty cool. Some of them are pretty cheap (looking at you, bag of air), but in general they're not much better or worse.

It's funny -- I thought that I was the only person in my school who liked D&D, and then it turned out that there's a whole group of D&D players who love to play.

Too bad that during lunch periods, they don't play actual D&D, just crappy FFRP, and that when they do have after-school sessions, they talk about inviting me but never actually do so.
    Sweet! As for those after-school sessions, ask 'em about it - they probably just forget when it would actually be appropriate to formally invite you. Goodness knows I forget about important things like that all the time.

Never been a huge fan of freeform, myself. I like having concrete rules.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I'm hesitant to get one, fearing that I'll be constantly thrown off when reading things. Also, I don't think I'm witty to come up with any good conversions.

IOON: After playtesting my game, it's buggy as hell. Any fighting game where you can't move ever again after you're attacked is a bad fighting game.
    ONE OF US! You're getting the hang of it!

Eh, I just stuff mine with a few in-jokes, and a bit of this and that to keep it interesting. I've got one or two that drastically change everything (just for ****s and giggles), but those generally make everything completely illegible.

Bugs! Making a fighting game, eh? That's pretty cool! What environment/language are you working in?

And speaking of writing games, I've been looking into the SDL library in my spare time. I figure when I get some things together I'll grab a group of people and actually make something.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, my experimenting with tablet drawing was fun (and some parts are easier, once you learn the interface - erasing and redrawing, especially), but I still think I'm far better at pencil and paper.

Gah, I need to get a new pen so I can go back to practicing that. I've got some stuff that I want to draw that will be absolutely ridiculous to try and do with a mouse.
    Having a tablet would be fun, I suppose, but I feel I'd be better off getting good at what I have before I invest in something else.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

There's actually things I want to quote but trying to do it on my phone would ruin a relaxing end to the day...

If I don't post tonight someone yell at me in the chat
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

7. - Top - End - #1387

NecromancerGuy

And yes. My monthly costs for food have pretty much doubled here in Finland, and I'm actually going pretty damn cheap in every aspect that I can.
    Ouch.

Well, I suppose there's always getting all the tangles out and gussying up to take some memorial photos, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, lass, my sweet Curlified English lass! You have been gone for so long, so, so long... Indeed, I am no longer the original FinnLassie, but her grand-granddaughter! Ok fine I'll stop with the time travel drama before it gets too cheesy. Anyways, yes, long story short, teaching was not for me, bleh, ew, moved back to Finland, ended a relationship, Christmas was super fun and good, new years happened mainly with me packing to move to a new city and to start anew with my new degree, a lot of good things have happened since. So yeah currently just trying to let go of negative feelings, and getting rid of my hair is part of the process.
    Wow that is a lot to have happened. I was gone too long too. But the mention of negative feelings...I hope you'll be okay. How does getting rid of hair help the removal of negativity?

You could probably talk all day about pokemon with Choff.
    And we could all argue about Tolkien!

Pfffffft
    Heh, if I tried to argue about Tolkien I'd just make a butt of myself. I got a new (to me) pokemon game, I'll stick to that.

Thank you, thank you. I'm glad someone saw that.

You've upset your Circadian rhythm, and now everything's messed up! Congratulations, you're where I was all of last semester!
    No, but seriously, I know it sucks. Normally exercise and travel is what got me back on a reasonable schedule. You're welcome to try and stay up all night or go to bed early, but those tend to have limited effectiveness, from my experience.

Cool! What sort of stuff are you cooking (aside from pasta, anyway)? And what about these creative ideas? I so rarely make anything special at home (pasta and meat being about the limit of my personal cooking, when I even bother), so it's cool to hear about what other people make.
    It's definitely not my favorite experience. Tried to go to sleep one night at 1, feeling that was relatively sane. Ended up unwillingly staying up until 6:30. Well, travel isn't something I'm capable of other than to a couple towns within a few miles. I'll try the exercise. And maybe get some sleeping medicine. The only reason I got fairly normal sleep last night was needing to go somewhere far enough away that I had to take motion sickness pills (dramamine for those that know meds).

Well I don't make a whole lot. Most of the time it's just hamburger helper but I can also make spaghetti and fettuccine alfredo from scratch now. I mentioned my first making of cornbread there. I can cook burgers, if that counts. Did that mexican burger idea that was told to me and I loved it. I can also do a couple things with eggs. Not a huge list but better than ramen and microwave. I'm sure there's more. I do know how to make stuffed mushrooms, but I haven't gotten the chance to try lately. And Food Network helps my knowledge grow. Well...and Epic Meal Time, though most would argue that I shouldn't get inspired from that. It got me back into a bacon mood. I want to cook the helper next month with a bacon shell over the top somehow. And maybe burgers stuffed with sauteed mushrooms? If that would work it could be fun, I've always liked burgers topped with mushroom.

I find puzzles in D&D (and indeed, TTRPGs in general) work better when 1) they're not essential to anything, and just give extra help if the players figure it out, or 2) are grand in scale, encompassing entire plot elements (think a mystery more than a traditional puzzle). I prefer large mysteries myself.

I'm not much of a tea person myself, but you feel free to auction off each others' tea for my amusement.
    I tend to like putting them in dungeons as an alternative to constant battles and trap areas. But they get completed pretty easily. But I'm steadily getting a little better. It's less puzzle or riddle, and more trial-and-error challenges with little error. A mystery? Part of the reason I haven't ran Call of Cthulhu yet, I try to put a mystery together and then just confused myself. Yeah...I'm bad with those too.

Ah well, more tea for others. Though I find myself partial to chocolate milk or cocoa above others.

Also wow there are people quoting a lot. x.x SO many conversational things.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well keep in mind the guys making the Remaster is Double Fine, and as I've touched on in this thread previously they make nothing but garbage.
    Um, Psychonauts?

They're tedious and annoying. I get that it's an important concept to understand, but I hate them with a passion because they are quite possibly the most annoying thing I have ever done with mathematics.
    I'm confused by how there's a they that's tedious. To my recollection, the limit definition of a derivative is one thing. You learn it and then you're done with it and maybe something related is on an exam. I guess there were other things involving limits possibly. Also the most tedious thing was definitely the module of financial maths I had to do in first year, though admittedly that was partly because it was taught by the most boring lecturer.

Indeed. I like to get someone who's good at those sorts of things to give me a hand with it, as it makes the process simpler (because they can tell you what's good and bad to put on there, and give specific advice, not just the general advice you see on the web and hear about from other people).
    Unfortunately I also have a tendency to be aggressively independent. I hate asking for help with things because I feel like I should be able to do it myself.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Unfortunately I also have a tendency to be aggressively independent. I hate asking for help with things because I feel like I should be able to do it myself.
    Me too. I like to think it's some kind of oldest-child-and-was-forced-to-be-third-parent-to-siblings trauma, but it's probably actually just me.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Um, Psychonauts?
    Meat Circus

That said, I've only played the Steam port of Psychonauts so maybe I'm just biased due to my experience, but a good deal of fun was lost when I had to grind up all these arrow heads to reobtain the Cobweb Duster since it just glitched out of existence, around the end of the game. They disabled the cheat codes to just get those arrowheads quickly on the Steam version.

Additionally, since it was the Steam version, the controls did not feel remotely good enough for what it wanted me to do in that final level, in addition to all the terribleness that the Meat Circus provided. It ended up basically making me not enjoy the game anymore.

As for their other games, I could go through them if you'd like.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-02-03 at 06:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Fortunately for me I have no allergies at all! That I know of, but it's not like I'll know I'm allergic to something until I encounter it, so no use worrying is there? It seems that peanuts aren't as prevalent in Vietnamese cooking, but they'll probably show up a fair bit anyway. Oddly, I don't think I know anyone who specifically has a peanut allergy. I know Cassie's dad Lensman is allergic to nuts, but that's a broad category. Maybe it's a more common allergy over in America? Or have I completely forgotten someone's allergies? I know I 'collect' allergies and food requirements for British Playgrounders for meetups, but I only recall a few vegetarians (Tasroth, Jibbers and someone else from Newcastle?), Lensman's nut allergy . . . FinnLassie is dairy intolerant and I think one more.
    How strange that we have roughly the opposite approach to animal meat. Obviously we do have things in common, but I don't really see the problem with eating animals that you've once owned.

I might get a British company to do it, but I've a little shopping around and some online companies specifically for travellers (and especially those aiming for long backpacking) seem pretty good.
    Woo! No allergies! How marvelous. Do you have no food allergies, or no allergies period? If the latter, I am muchly jealous. Could well be a more American thing, peanut allergies, but I don't know. We eat more of them over here, that's for sure. And sentimental value, that's all.

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Well if money's an issue go for Italy, you want to see about bringing the Girl along anyway, so pop for Italy if it comes down to one or the other.
    Eh, unfortunately not possible. I can be in Copenhagen for a week and see her, but she isn't mobile the week I'm available. So we'll see what happens.

That's pretty good. And baby steps, making your own pizza is probably healthier than just buying one. Probably. I don't often eat pizza, so I wouldn't know. Ah treadmills are better, weight machines can really screw you up because they're not exactly designed for natural movement and exercise of the muscles at all.
    I've never heard of the Fresher's Fifteen. Over here we just have Fresher's FLu.
    Like I have the ability to make food in my dorm. Pfft. But yeah. Treadmills. Gonna be going at it, I guess. I'm still fixing the kinks in my schedule, but my only class on Mondays and Wednesdays is at 3 PM, and I have no classes on Fridays. Which is awesome. Tuesday Thursday are just gonna be Hell.
    It uh, is probably a distinctly American thing. For (increasingly less) distinctly American reason.

It's weird that it would be that way, but for some reason it's true. I've never been that great at drawing, so my graphics tablet drawing was total crap.
    By the way, bonus points if any of you remember the name of my webcomic! It was in my sig for a little bit, if it helps jog your memory... On second thought, maybe it'd be better if nobody knew about it.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    Also, no clue.

Wait, you get paid? If my school *paid* me to be on student council, or be on student anything, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. (Granted, we're not a university, but I still want to get paid for enduring all the crap school makes me sit through.)
    The student body decides if we get paid once every 4 semesters. So we must be doing something right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
    Does anyone else feel the Wednesday slump, even though it's only Tuesday? I'm ready for the weekend already.
    I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off work, but I have college tomorrow, I guess it's not too inappropriate...

Living with 8 people?! I don't think I could manage that. Three other guys is about right - any more would be distracting, and any less would be dull

I lived with 6 others in first year at uni, didn't interact with them much
    Then 4 people at the start of my second year, played rpgs with one of them, ignored the others
    Then I moved in with my girlfriend, 3 guys and one of their girlfriends, that was cool, good group
    Now it's just me and her, I prefer this tbh

I think, oddly enough, some people actually like their home life and family and wish they had it back when they're away.
    Never experienced it myself, mind.
    I like my home life though, and my family...

HAHA, NOPE
    We're required to have at least one weekend shift (I work Saturday nights), and they're always short-staffed. But we're short-staffed during the week too.
    Days off at the weekend...
    Like, maybe? If it was a special occasion? But not an actual holiday, those are busy

My curls are going nowhere, tangles be damned

I dunno, I've never really minded going back and doing stuff in the freezer, although I guess I never really spent a lot of time in there - certainly no more than a minute or two. They do keep a bunch of coats by the entrance, though, presumably for people who have to do exactly that.
    So many boxes...
    I had to organise all the frozen stock...

Well, last week I had to practice for an exam so I made duck breast with madeira sauce, saute chicken chasseur, potato rosti and vichy carrots

Never been a huge fan of freeform, myself. I like having concrete rules.
    Rules are fun!

This is one of my biggest problems in life...

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meat Circus

That said, I've only played the Steam port of Psychonauts so maybe I'm just biased due to my experience, but a good deal of fun was lost when I had to grind up all these arrow heads to reobtain the Cobweb Duster since it just glitched out of existence, around the end of the game. They disabled the cheat codes to just get those arrowheads quickly on the Steam version.

Additionally, since it was the Steam version, the controls did not feel remotely good enough for what it wanted me to do in that final level, in addition to all the terribleness that the Meat Circus provided. It ended up basically making me not enjoy the game anymore.
    To be fair, I haven't completed the game. But even if there may be sucky stuff which I haven't reached, that doesn't invalidate the quality of all the stuff I have played. And that quality is pretty damn high.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #1395

To be fair, I haven't completed the game. But even if there may be sucky stuff which I haven't reached, that doesn't invalidate the quality of all the stuff I have played. And that quality is pretty damn high.
    True, I'll be honest I was just being hyperbolic for the hell of it, and to incite conversation like this! And to their credit Psychonauts is a really solid action platformer game with Super Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie style gameplay. I like it and it IS good.

It's just not nearly as cool as I was told and expected, in part from that glitch, in part from the final level, and in part because what I expected didn't really match up with what I got. The only times it did was
    Spoiler: Early game spoiler
    Show
    the secret hellspawn room in that one hippy lady's mind
    and
    Spoiler: Late game conspiracy
    Show
    The Milkmen Conspiracy.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-02-03 at 08:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I read the word "evening" as a time of day, equivalent to late afternoon or early night. Taet might have also.
    That is what I did yes. Stupid me. Thank you enderlord for explaining it.

Short answer shorter, obviously it's just that no-one else is as interesting as Koorly (presumably this is also why we keep feeding her ego).

Yeah. There's a lack of closure. I can understand the tendency of people to just drift away gradually though. Hell, I'd reached the point of mostly just lurking rather than participating until last week.
    It is a lot of work to cut down those very long posts. And that is work time before even starting to speak up yourself. Lurking. I was going somewhere with this but I forget. So instead it is true and it is flattering just to say nobody else is interesting enough to start banter up again.

Also my cooking ability continues to slowly grow! I am great at making pastas of various sorts now (including stuff not just from a box!) and I got some little creative ideas to try next month. And I made cornbread for the first time and nothing burned, which I see as great for someone who has basically no baking experience.

And for the record, I do still intend to make my YouTube channel. It's just been tough because of the odd sleeping, some little life stuff, and my current headset starting to fail utterly on me. Once that last one is dealt with and I can keep ahold of money long enough to get Pharoah, I shall start. I've also been thinking of trying Town of Salem to start on my channel, and maybe even the computer version of Cards Against Humanity with a couple friends. Such ideas.
    I love cornbread! Save some for me please. I will bring butter and honey to put on it!

When you get to play Pharaoh. When the game lets you pick between Bubastis and another city. Take the other city. I cannot win Bubastis. I have had five saved Bubastis cities that are well stocked and ready to win. But I cannot get the game to use the supplies in the right order. Any other city with the same supplies will do what Bubastis needs to do. That one will not. Any other city that gets stuck the gamefaqs has the answer. But not Bubastis. And once you pick a city when you have to pick a city you cannot go back and pick the other one. You better have an old save file from the last city and replay the ending of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I always wonder if I'm a good puzzle maker or not.

For instance, I made puzzle maps on halo, and most people never solved them, because they required gamers who would usually point and shoot to puzzle solve, and most people didn't evolve to it. I'd use some tricks that people who were familiar with the games mechanics would know how to utilize, and I even developed a few puzzles in order to train you up to the harder ones...but still, I had like, 1 or 2 people solve the hard ones. Out of many. I miss watching people play through my puzzles. Oh Halo 4, why did you have to change the map editor?

The question is, if its nicely set up in my mind, is too challenging a good or bad puzzle?

My D & D puzzles are more forgiving (since you can't really trial by error in D & D, unless you have a lot of NPC minions, and are of the lower range of alignment). But from what I'm told, still enjoyable.
    I would want to know that a puzzle is there. Was there a place to write down what to expect when a person played your levels? Like a little label that said comes with puzzles?

When I know it is there any problems I hav with the puzzle are my own stupid fault. Most of hte time. When it is an old adventure game and I cannot solve the puzzle because I do not have the lore book because I copied the game off of someone else? My own stupid fault for not copying the book too.

This is true and I am also used to copy protection puzzles. And I am used to cheating copy protection puzzles. because you are not supposed to be able to rhink those thought on your own.

I am getting smoked with solder smoke for your amusement. It never went up my nose until you said it could. And then right the very next time I used it, smoke up my nose. Prop 65 Known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm smoke. Tea auctions will be safer.

Maybe that was all the invitation. Inviting people is awkward every time. At school was twice as bad. I think you are going to have to take the awkward and ask them again.

You have programmed the vulcan neck chop?

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    There's actually things I want to quote but trying to do it on my phone would ruin a relaxing end to the day...

If I don't post tonight someone yell at me in the chat
    Sneaky. How can we yell at you in the chat? You are not there now.
    Last edited by Taet; 2015-02-03 at 11:15 PM.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I love cornbread! Save some for me please. I will bring butter and honey to put on it!
    Ahh, when it is warmy and the butter's all melty.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

I borrowed from TV Tropes in an essay about Shakespeare.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It is a lot of work to cut down those very long posts. And that is work time before even starting to speak up yourself. Lurking. I was going somewhere with this but I forget. So instead it is true and it is flattering just to say nobody else is interesting enough to start banter up again.
    That's kinda how I've been for awhile. So much to write, or to read over to decide whether to talk about, or other stuff. So I don't do anything. But then I felt bad, hence I returned. Curly truly is very good at keeping up lots of talk, but it seems like some others are working at that too.

When you get to play Pharaoh. When the game lets you pick between Bubastis and another city. Take the other city. I cannot win Bubastis. I have had five saved Bubastis cities that are well stocked and ready to win. But I cannot get the game to use the supplies in the right order. Any other city with the same supplies will do what Bubastis needs to do. That one will not. Any other city that gets stuck the gamefaqs has the answer. But not Bubastis. And once you pick a city when you have to pick a city you cannot go back and pick the other one. You better have an old save file from the last city and replay the ending of that one.
    Well I would but that was a few days ago so it is gone now. But i do intend to make more. Butter and honey are grand ideas, especially with cornbread. Also applicable to biscuits.

Duly noted! Not Bubatis. Geez that last thing though...not being able to just pick the other after making a hoice? Very rough...

Heh that is pretty cunning. Or not thought out. Either way.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

20. - Top - End - #1400

Playing Grim Fandango.

Reminding myself why I didn't finish the Sam and Max games. Very violently.
    Grim Fandango is terrific. Sometimes I play it just to remind myself that, no, not all video games suck. Just most of them

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Grim Fandango is terrific. Sometimes I play it just to remind myself that, no, not all video games suck. Just most of them
    You either need to play more video games or fewer I can't decide which
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You either need to play more video games or fewer I can't decide which
    I really couldn't play much fewer. It's very much a thing of my past at this point.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Holy heck, it's a Crunk? Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Holy heck, it's a Crunk? Madness.
    I was busy appearing on Survivor recording an album on a spirit quest trying to get laid writing a novel studying French poetry trying to find my shoes

At least one of those is true.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

I was busy appearing on Survivor recording an album on a spirit quest trying to get laid writing a novel studying French poetry trying to find my shoes

At least one of those is true.
    I read that whole thing as a single event at first.

And I thought; damn you have a weird life.

But then again recording an album while on a spirit quest sounds awesome. Although come to think of it that's probably what gave the world Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Yeah, 600 can be a lot. It's huge for what it is, which is a studio. A studio with a kitchen and a bathroom, but still, the bedroom and living room are one room. And it's too small for two cats + two people.

Edited to clarify: it would be fine if we lived in an area where the cats could be indoor/outdoor, but we don't. They'd have to be indoor-only. That's the main issue with the size.
    Well, my cousin has 2 cats in an apartment with no outdoor area. Not sure how big it is, but it's not huge. I wouldn't recommend it though. Her cats are pretty neurotic. (Although whether that's from the flat or her ministrations, I wouldn't be able to say )

It's just not nearly as cool as I was told and expected, in part from that glitch, in part from the final level, and in part because what I expected didn't really match up with what I got. The only times it did was
    Spoiler: Early game spoiler
    Show
    the secret hellspawn room in that one hippy lady's mind
    and
    Spoiler: Late game conspiracy
    Show
    The Milkmen Conspiracy.
    The game has a lot of subtle hidden humour that you sort of have to hunt around to find. And almost all of it can only be found during the first part of the game, roaming around the camping grounds. The game is old, so you probably know all this, but I'd replay the first part of the game pretty much just to observe and talk to all the other kids. (In fact, I've done so before )
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2015-02-04 at 03:44 AM.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

26. - Top - End - #1406

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    But then again recording an album while on a spirit quest sounds awesome. Although come to think of it that's probably what gave the world Tommy.
    I don't know what hallucinogens brought us Tommy but I am glad they're no longer chic.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know what hallucinogens brought us Tommy but I am glad they're no longer chic.
    Lies and slander.

Take those drugs, and distribute them to all the musicians, ever. Think of how the jazz would sound.

(One could also make the same joke with Thick as a Brick.)

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

28. - Top - End - #1408

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Lies and slander.

Take those drugs, and distribute them to all the musicians, ever. Think of how the jazz would sound.

(One could also make the same joke with Thick as a Brick.)
    I guess it would be rude of me to say I don't like that album, either.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh that is pretty cunning. Or not thought out. Either way.
    I made my post...
    Although I was in the chat for over an hour without anyone mentioning it I blame Amidus

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

I guess it would be rude of me to say I don't like that album, either.
    Eh, it was obviously more an experiment in album making than anything else. Aqualung was better.