New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Cleric: Now it's every class

Is it possible to make a monk-like avatar with plant domain and fist domain(for extra duration if it works else rage is better) and the travel domain?(maybe some other choice might be better)
    Last edited by noob; 2015-07-08 at 06:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Getting access to the Littany of X spells might help with this.
    That's what Samsaran is for, but I'm trying to avoid spell-based options so people can't say "this only works because of T1 spellcasting."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-07-08 at 05:58 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Fighter:

Crusader Cleric of Gorum (for the bonus feats and greatsword prof, respectively)

Domains: None that have powers that will specifically help you be a better fighter, but the spells from the Strength and War domains should help a bit. Travel Domain may be useful for the +10 to movement speed regardless of armor, but that helps pretty much everyone.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2015-07-10 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

EDIT: Damnit! I thought this was a 3.5 thread!
    Oh well, I've written too much to delete this now, at least there's a base in case anyone wants to do this in 3.5?

Double Edit: The feats here are mainly recommended ones, I tried to keep it as feat light as possible for maximum player customising, but sometimes that can't be helped.

Edit III: Revenge of the Poster!: It shouldn't be too hard to adopt these to full/9th level casting models, I tried to keep as much casting where possible, but even where I haven't that's because I got a little over complicated with my thought processes, whoops.

I haven' read through this too much aside from the OP, so I'm probably swordsage'd but going off the PrC idea:
    I have about 100 tabs open now from research :p
    Artificer Cleric:
    Domain: Artifice (ECS), Magic
    Build: Cleric 12/Cannith Wand Adept 3/Combat Trapsmith 5 OR Cleric 10, Renegade Mastermaker 10, depending on flavour.
    Feats: Whatever's required for the PrC's. Item creation feats.
    Note: you could instead use Master Alchemist PrC, if you're dedicated to potions.

Cleric Cleric:
    This one's more of a joke, so don't take it too seriously.
    Domain: Healing or Life
    Build: Cleric 15/Combat Medic 5
    Feats: EVERY HEALING FEAT YOU CAN GET!

Rogue Cleric:
    I had a bit of a tough time with this one, but I think I got it, and I'm still pretty indecisive.
    Domain: Kobold, Treachery
    Bonus Domain: Trade
    Build: Cleric 10, Contemplative 5, Guild Thief 5. Or the other way around I dunno.
    Feats: Anything required for the PrC's, Weapon Finesse, sneaky ones.

Alternate Rogue Cleric:
    Bonus Domains: I dunno, just use this to make up for your lack of casting.
    Build: Cleric 4(?)/Thief of Life 10/Sovereign Speaker 6(?)
    Feats: Martial Weapon Proficiency I guess? Maybe you could swap out one of your Kobold domain to help with this.
    You could mix these around, I'm really unsure about the Rogue Cleric.

Overlord Sergeant Jerk Supreme General Prime Minister Cleric:
    Referring to the party leader. Don't expect this build to be allowed. I think I got a little carried away with this one.
    Domains: Family, And one of the following; Artifice, Craft, Forge, Creation, Gnome
    Build: Cleric 7/Death Master 1/Beastmaster 1/Techsmith 1/Warchief 9 or Cleric 6/Death Master 1/Beastmaster 1/Warchief 3/Techsmith 9 - This depends on the rulings for the Techsmith's Gondsman as to whether he only advances with Techsmith levels, or all levels.
    Bonus Domain: This only applies if you go Techsmith 10, I'd advise fire or earth.
    Feats: Skill Focus (Craft)(Handle Animal), Craft Wondrous Item, Leadership, Undead Leadership, Dragon Cohort, Dragon Steed, I think you get the gist of where this is going, using this build you can turn your party into a democracy, then have all your sentient friends vote you into power! Provided you're still concious after your Dm throws the DMG at your head, and the players throw their splatbooks at you. Expect a few d4's in there too.
    Notes: I understand there'll be some alignment issues here, but honestly, if a DM is crazy enough to let you play this/You're the only player and need a tank, then alignment probably isn't an issue. I may have missed some BAB stuff here, if so I'm sorry, possibly use fractional BAB rules maybe?

Paladin Cleric:
    Focussing on the more traditional role of Paladin, I've never played a Paladin, and my only tank-like charatcer as a Barbarian, so let's see how we go. I had a bit of fun here, so if it's a little unorthadox I'm sorry, I'm just trying not to go Cleric 20.
    Domain: Elysium OR two of the following; Healing, Glory, Life, Spell, Protection, Retribution, Strength, I'd I'd probably go Retribution and Strength if you don't go with Elysium.
    Build: (Lightbringer optional) Cleric 6/Martyred Champion of Illmater 9/Knight of the Sacred Seal 5
    Feats: PrC requirements, Bind Vestige, Bind Vestige Improved, Improved Binding, possibly some sort of mount feat, like Dragon Steed.
    Notes: KotSS if I'm correct, should allow you to bind vestiges at full power, instead of getting just one, I recommend Savnok for the heavy armour, Eurynome for the hammer, Aym for the dwarven step and flame cloak if you're going on foot, or if you're able to bind Andras, who effectively turns you straight into a Paladin, you may need a level or two in Binder for this but it gets rid of the feat tax right? Additionally, there's a buttload of PrC's for this style of thing, I liked the vibes from KotSS but I mean Hospitaler, Master of Radiance, Divine Champion, and even Flux Adept. This was a LOT of fun.

Wizard Cleric
    I have an overwhelming desire to just write "Cleric 1/Domain Wizard 19" But I had a couple ideas. I mean, Cleric is a T1 full casting class it's already mostly a wizard, it's not too hard to get the feats a Wizard does, or a useless familiar that you don't want anyway.
    Domain: Any, who cares you're a Wizard! I mean Cleric! Powerful. You're very powerful. That's what you are.
    Build: Archivist 20 (What? it's a prepared divine caster?) OR Cleric 5/Wizard 5/Arcane Hierophant 10 OR Cleric 10/(Martial weapon class) 1/Sovereign Speaker 9 OR Wizard 10/Rainbow Servant 10.
    Race: Unless you're going Arcane Hierophant this isn't important but if you are Bamboo Spirit Folk for trackless step.
    Feats: If you're using Wizard as a multiclass or Archivist in there, you're gonna get MAD, take Academic Priest to fix that up, so that you don't need Wisdom for casting, if you're losing caster levels from multiclassing/PrC's take Practised spellcaster. If you're taking a free Cleric levels, abuse the hell out of extra spell, if your DM doesn't like it threaten to play the earlier mentioned Leader Cleric.
    I put Sovereign Speaker in there for versatility and because it has a lot of Wiz/Sorc spells on it from the domains I'd say that's the closest you can get it to a Wizard.

Bard Cleric:
    What?
    Domain: Any of the following; Charm, Lust, Greed, Trade, Commerce, Nobility, Tempatation, or Pleasure.
    Depending on how "classical" you want your Bard I'd go for Charm and Trade if you're going for the charming one who's good with money, or if you go for the Bard that ends up happening in D&D Lust and Temptation. I know.
    Build: Cloistered Cleric 7/Rogue or Monk or Shadow Dancer 2/Wizard or Sorcerer or Wu Jen or Dread Necromancer or whatever 1/Fochulucan Lyrist 10 OR Cloistered Cleric 15/Evangelist 5 OR Cloistered Cleric 10/Warrior Skald 10.
    Feats: Meh, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Monk Cleric:
    Yeah. I know.
    Domain: Man I don't know.
    Build: Cleric 10/Sacred fist 10.
    Feats: Whatever's required for the PrC's.
    Notes: this wasn't much fun. but I mean, yknow, here it is.

Druid Cleric:
    It's possible, kinda.
    Domains: Passion and one of these; Animal, Bestial, Plant, and travel.
    Build: Cleric 10/Bear Warrior 10 OR Cleric 5/Beast Master 10/Animal Lord 5 OR Cleric 10/Arachne 10/ OR Cleric 10/Forest Master 10 OR Cleric 8/Fighter 2/Primeval 10
    Feats: Wild Cohort or similar
    Notes: This is an exhausting process damn.

Well, there we go, as many classes as I could be bothered doing, it only took several hours but I mean hey, it's decent right?

I'm sure it's rife with rules mistakes, and things that shouldn't work but I'm sure these could be used as ideas to base better builds and concepts off.
    Last edited by ekarney; 2015-07-09 at 04:15 AM. Reason: I thought it was 3.5
    The Grand Rudisplorking Commoner, with the Rudisplorkiest power of them all, the power of the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    But it's okay, I'm wearing five pairs of shoes so they shouldn't be able to hit me.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Now someone go ahead and make me an Alchemist Cleric. Go ahead. I dare ya'.

Oh, also:

Cavalier Cleric
    Archetype: Divine Strategist/Crusader/None
    Ability: Str>Wis>Con>Cha>Int>Dex
    Domains/Inquisitions: Chivalry Inquisition and Tactics/Glory or Tactics/Glory alone
    Feats: (Without Chivalry Inquisition) Animal Ally, Nature Soul, Boon Companion. (With Chivalry Inquisition) Mounted Combat, Flagbearer
    Variant Channeling: Bravery/Valor

Flagbearer and the Variant Channel of Bravery/Valor happily make up for the loss of Banner while the Tactics Domain and D.Strategist manage to circumvent the need for a Tactician ability by providing team orientated buffs aplenty. Chivalry just gets your a horse with no fuss.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2015-07-09 at 04:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Molosse View Post
    Now someone go ahead and make me an Alchemist Cleric. Go ahead. I dare ya'.
    Challenge accepted.

The Alchemist:

Archetype: Hidden Priest (With a successfull Craft (Alchemy) check, you can make your spells appear as "extracts".)

Variant Channeling: Fire (Creatures must make a save or catch on fire)

Domain: Strength, Scalykind (Venom)

Feats: Throw Anything, Brew Potion, Selective Channeling (So that you only affects creatures within in a 3x3 zone in your burst), War Blessing (Strength and Scalykind), Subtle Poisoner, Poison Focus.

Class Features:

Mutagen: Strength Blessing (Strength bonus) and Scalykind Blessing (Natural armor bonus).
    Bomb: Variant Channeling (Fire), Selective Channeling, Throw Anything
    Extract: Brew Potion, Hidden Priest (False Arcanist class feature)
    Poison: Subtle Poisoner, Poison Focus
    Last edited by Oazard; 2015-07-09 at 04:48 PM.
    English is not my first language. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oazard View Post
    Challenge accepted.
    Have a slow-clap sir or madam, bloody well done.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Everyone loves me. You're going to have to work harder than that to earn my blessing.
    You could try falling asleep on Snow's floor. You might get a "blessing". As we've discovered.

This is exactly what I meant. People really seem to hate on the cleric. Renen just sent me a message about someone bad mouthing the class for no reason.
    I warned them! They knew not what they'd done!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    You could try falling asleep on Snow's floor. You might get a "blessing". As we've discovered.
    Does the world really need a bard with vampire powers? Even I recognize that as just too much.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-07-09 at 09:18 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Does the world really need a bard with vampire powers? Even I recognize that as just too much.
    No kidding. I didn't need to be a vampire, but here I am.

10. - Top - End - #70

BardGuy

No kidding. I didn't need to be a vampire, but here I am.
    It's a good thing I found that helm for you. Yay, curses working for the greater Good.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

11. - Top - End - #71

It's a good thing I found that helm for you. Yay, curses working for the greater Good.
    Seriously a life saver. I'm a walking issue, but my level is large enough that the temple doesn't mind me. Seriously. Four months straight in the abyss to build up enough exp to buyoff all my templates.

12. - Top - End - #72

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    This conversation has got me thinking on how to make a paladin-cleric... one better than paladin in every way. There's a fair number of smite-flavored spells, and the channel smite feat will help as well. Divine Protection is obvious... Crusader and the Good Domain?
    The Destruction dom and Ferocity sub (wink wink) have similar smity abilities right from level 1 onward.
    Quote Originally Posted by doko239 View Post
    Or be a Bard Lich and tell people you're Keith Richards
    If I'm a monk using lettuce as an Improvised Thrown Weapon, does that make me a salad-tosser ???
    Les Goblins Toxiques : A geek blog (in French) where I write about RPG, M:TG and such. Also has a podcast / radio show. RIP 2012 We had a great run but RL caught up with us!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Again it's still his fault. It was his decision to sleep in three inches of blood.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-07-09 at 11:55 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Challenge accepted.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2015-07-09 at 11:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Again it's still his fault. It was his decision to sleep in three inches of blood.
    When I went to sleep, the area around my bedroll was spotless. I even mopped the floor with holy water!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Do the priest and the priest are considered as being clerics?(one is great at simulating spontaneous casting and dealing huge damage and the other have 3 domains and the bardic knowledge both are super frail and have bad bba)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

When I went to sleep, the area around my bedroll was spotless. I even mopped the floor with holy water!
    Yeah... you missed a spot. Every spot. This is what happens when you have no ranks in spot.

18. - Top - End - #78

Yeah... you missed a spot. Every spot. This is what happens when you have no ranks in spot.
    Next time, I am filling your bathtub with holy water and sleeping in there.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the good news is that you can't drown. The bad new is that you'll burn alive. How do you have enough wisdom to cast paladin spells?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

That's... Not a bathtub. Have you considered investing in Knowledge (dungeoneering)?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #81

BardGuy

But...vampire...

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

There is a profound lack of Not-Cleric!Cleric lately in this thread and this is heresy! I want to remember you that we are on a divine mission to replace each class with a cleric build.

At least, can we add Molosse's Cavalier!Cleric and my Alchemist!Cleric to the first post?

Challenge accepted.
    And added to my sig'.

Challenge accepted.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Hopefully I'll have a chance to make these 1-20 builds sometime.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you find a way to be able to find high dd traps?
    There is no feat for that and there is no domains.
    I really hate that arbitrary mechanism of "only rogues can use list X of skills" and it becomes even worse in unchained pathfinder(with even the absurdity they do even speak of forbidding unchained skills to non rogues while it should absolutely be a bard class feature too)
    I think there should be an unchained bard but it is off topic.
    So do anybody knows a way to trap find without using spell or using your player meta-game knowledge and paranoia or multi-classing with a class having it?
    Else rogue priest needs:
    Dwarf(see some traps) or elf(see secret doors)
    Crocodile domain
    Meta-game knowledge and paranoia.
    Hermean Blood for open locks and some other class skill(since you will not be able to find traps and such kind of things)
    Additional traits adding class skills thanks to those traits(two extra class skills)
    Then if there is more ways to gain class skills someone can speak of it(with four class skills it is pretty underwhelming).
    Last edited by noob; 2015-07-09 at 05:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    How do you find a way to be able to find high dd traps?
    There is no feat for that and there is no domains.
    There is a trait for disabling traps. You don't need to be a rogue to see them. Ones you cannot perceive can be detected via detect magic or summons.
    I really hate that arbitrary mechanism of "only rogues can use list X of skills" and it becomes even worse in unchained pathfinder(with even the absurdity they do even speak of forbidding unchained skills to non rogues while it should absolutely be a bard class feature too)
    Yeah, rogues sucks.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-07-09 at 05:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

So, I heard you want a Rogue!Cleric?

Race: Human (Focused Study)
    Variant Channeling: Trickery (Bonus on Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks)
    Domain: Crocodile, Trickery (Thievery)
    Skills: Stealth, Perception, Disable Device.
    Spells: Detect Magic, Find Traps, Invisibility (Domain) and any spells usefull for the job.
    Feats: Flanking Foil, Shrewd Tactician, 3 Skill Focus of your choice from Focused Study (Perception, Stealth and Disable Device), Alertness from your familiar
    Trait: Trapfinder, Seeker
    Ability score: Int, Dex and Wis

With all of this, you get Sneak Attack (Crocodile domain), big bonuses to important rogue's skills (Perception, Stealth and Disable Device + Thief of the Gods domain power) and "Uncanny Dodge" (Flanking Foil + Shrew Tactician).

And now, I want to play in a full party of Not Cleric!Cleric.
    Last edited by Oazard; 2015-07-09 at 07:01 PM.

Challenge accepted.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

I like your cleric rogue more than the normal one.
    Great work.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I like your cleric rogue more than the normal one.
    Great work.
    I'd just like to point out that at least half of that build was already on the first page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Don't neglect Variant Channeling
    One of the more useful ones is Trickery: "Creatures gain a channel bonus on Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks for 1 minute". Throw that on the Rogue (and Bard?) build. For that matter the Trickery Domain also adds Bluff, Disguise, and Stealth as class skills. Then throw on the Trapfinding Trait and there's half of your Rogue.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

So, I heard you want a Rogue!Cleric?

Race: Human (Focused Study)
    Variant Channeling: Trickery (Bonus on Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks)
    Domain: Crocodile, Trickery (Thievery)
    Skills: Stealth, Perception, Disable Device.
    Spells: Detect Magic, Find Traps, Invisibility (Domain) and any spells usefull for the job.
    Feats: Flanking Foil, Shrewd Tactician, 3 Skill Focus of your choice from Focused Study (Perception, Stealth and Disable Device), Alertness from your familiar
    Trait: Trapfinder, Seeker
    Ability score: Int, Dex and Wis

With all of this, you get Sneak Attack (Crocodile domain), big bonuses to important rogue's skills (Perception, Stealth and Disable Device + Thief of the Gods domain power) and "Uncanny Dodge" (Flanking Foil + Shrew Tactician).

And now, I want to play in a full party of Not Cleric!Cleric.
    You also need something to increase skill points! Maybe the Ascetic although that is 3rd party, or the Cloistered Cleric if it needs to be first party?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    You also need something to increase skill points! Maybe the Ascetic although that is 3rd party, or the Cloistered Cleric if it needs to be first party?
    Well, if you add Cloistered Cleric, you loose proficiency with daggers.

But yeah, Cloistered Cleric + Human + 14 Int = 8 skill points/level. Do we need more?

Challenge accepted.