New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; Part I: We're Lacking Poses!

Well question is what was disliked in Part 3. Without knowing the why I can't recomend anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The openings in Part 4 have been Bizarre, especially the newest one.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

I know I love it. Jojos at its best when its being JOJO.
    A little condescending

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

What a strangely cheery op. That's the first time we get cheery song instead of fistpumping or epic song, isn't it?
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    What a strangely cheery op. That's the first time we get cheery song instead of fistpumping or epic song, isn't it?
    Yeah, though I'd consider the first Diamond is Unbreakable op to be pretty cheery?

Anyway, New Episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    So...thoughts on wheter or not our buddy here is an alien or not?

Also god damnit the next part is Highway Star. YES YES YES. The last couple episodes have been goolden.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah, though I'd consider the first Diamond is Unbreakable op to be pretty cheery?

Anyway, New Episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    So...thoughts on wheter or not our buddy here is an alien or not?

Also god damnit the next part is Highway Star. YES YES YES. The last couple episodes have been goolden.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to say yes because it is Jojo and that is the most reasonable explanation

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to say yes because it is Jojo and that is the most reasonable explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thing I love the most about this guy is that they give us just enough evidence, and just enough non-evidence, that it could really go EITHER WAY.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

The new intro is amazing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Su0viKgV3g

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDancer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't realize until I saw it in the comments, but there's some sign of Part 5 coming up. When Koichi appears walking through the street (with Yukako coming from his left and these doves flying above them), there's a sign post behind him that says "2001", with the mark of a ladybug and the initials "GW" (possibly stands for "Golden Winds").

Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler
    Show
    The thing I love the most about this guy is that they give us just enough evidence, and just enough non-evidence, that it could really go EITHER WAY.
    Spoiler
    Show

I think he's not an alien. Why would an actual alien have an "ultra hyper gravity manipulator"? What even is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I think he's not an alien. Why would an actual alien have an "ultra hyper gravity manipulator"? What even is that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why would you NOT. Flying is really good to travel with so adjusting your gravity would be helpful. It might also make it so that he can actually function on Earth, if he's an alien.

12. - Top - End - #192

Spoiler
    Show
    Why would you NOT. Flying is really good to travel with so adjusting your gravity would be helpful. It might also make it so that he can actually function on Earth, if he's an alien.
    Spoiler
    Show

He doesn't have it with him - he says the gravity manipulator is on the ship, like his ray gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

One of those epiphanies about part 7 which proves I can be a bit slow (although I have a vague memory about thinking of it before):

Spoiler
    Show
    Scary Monsters <-(Engrish scrambler)-> Scaly Monsters
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    OH! MY! GOD!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I just saw highway go go part 1

That dice game got out of hand

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDancer View Post
    I just saw highway go go part 1

That dice game got out of hand
    As a friend of mine said "This is really intense and probably shouldn't be" and that's just Jojo in general sometimes.

Next episode is something that, despite the Duwang translations of Part 4, despite the poor quality of the scans, beyond eveerything, made me love Josuke as a protagonist. Practically salivating to see it animated. Hell yes.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

So, wait. How would The Lock be able to tell if Josuke was cheating? Can somebody explain that to me?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Guilt. The lock works off of Guilt. So In a sense hes set it to attach to Jomiester if he feels guilty for not cheating.
    A little condescending

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Specifically, Rohan basically set a new rule that Josuke must keep cheating. Thus, he would actually be cheating if he stopped cheating at that point. Since the 2 million yen prize gained by cheating by stopping cheating with the dice is big enough to probably make even Josuke feel bad if he gains it by cheating within the new rules to which it is connected, the lock would probably get him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    OH! MY! GOD!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The way they animated "BUT I REFUSE" made me laugh in a good way. They replicated the original manga as best as they could.
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Show
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.

20. - Top - End - #200

**** man, this episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    The "Actually your house is on fire! But nobody realized it because everyone was too intense" had me. Holy god that must be the most ridiculously ridiculous thing in jojo so far. It's almost like a gag anime, but played completely absolutely straight and serious. Good god, this anime.

I must say that, eventhough later arcs might be as good, or better than DiU (everyone keep mentioning how Steel Ball Run is better), I doubt any arc could replace DiU's place in my heart.

It's because DiU is basically my favourite premise. That is, mundane things played seriously. Also, it's basically Durarara pumped to eleven, and a friend of mine once mentioned that Durarara is basically the Fri anime, it's the anime that perfectly capture what they thought of my taste.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was sorta surprised at how no one in this thread said anything about Rohan's "BUT I REFUSE", but then I just now realized that's because it's not that famous a phrase in other countries.

In Japan, "Daga kotowaru" is a really popular interent meme and a phrase many otakus use - of course, being based off the line from Jojo. That probably has stuff to do with how they made the scene's animation so good in the latest episode.
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The way they animated "BUT I REFUSE" made me laugh in a good way. They replicated the original manga as best as they could.
    It's the best and I love it. This entire anime, from as far back as Phantom Blood, has tried to emulate the manga as much as it can. The only times it changes things, even slightly, is to make the rest of the story BETTER. Just small little touches, that you'd never notice unless "you knew" to notice.

I didn't realize it was a meme in Japan, nice. It'd be like in English if he said "...no u" I guess? But yeah, that scene was awesome! The reason why we haven't really been talking about it is because this entire episode is kind of full of REALLY good moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    **** man, this episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    The "Actually your house is on fire! But nobody realized it because everyone was too intense" had me. Holy god that must be the most ridiculously ridiculous thing in jojo so far. It's almost like a gag anime, but played completely absolutely straight and serious. Good god, this anime.

I must say that, eventhough later arcs might be as good, or better than DiU (everyone keep mentioning how Steel Ball Run is better), I doubt any arc could replace DiU's place in my heart.

It's because DiU is basically my favourite premise. That is, mundane things played seriously. Also, it's basically Durarara pumped to eleven, and a friend of mine once mentioned that Durarara is basically the Fri anime, it's the anime that perfectly capture what they thought of my taste.
    Spoiler
    Show

It is absolutely one of the best comedic moments in the series. The two of them were so intense about their gambling that they didn't notice the RAGING FIRE. God, imagine what it'd be like to be a fan of Rohan Kishibi's manga in this universe? First he's out for a MONTH, and now you receive word that his house has burnt down. It's a good thing he's a mangaka god and can easily recover drawing wise.

And then we get the second half of the episode (or, more accurately, the actual start of the episode, because the entire gambling thing was the end half of I Am An Alien) with the creepy tunnel house, and Rohan's fetish for telling people who think they're stronger than him "haha no" is great...and of course Josuke's whole "well...he WAS right, I AM a punk who does the opposite of what I'm told, haha" which leads to him getting targetted by Highway Star.

Which causes the Highway Star chase scene. Which is one of the best things I've ever seen in a manga. I cannot wait to see it animated.

With regards to Steel Ball Run: It's a really good series (especially if you like yaoi shipping as an aside.) but I'm not sure how I'd rate it against Diamond is Unbreakable. The somewhat hilarious thing is that despite being parts of the same series, they're actually TOO DIFFERENT to really compare, beyond "having stands". It's part of the reason why I love Jojo, every arc is so vastly "different".
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-10-08 at 10:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

What I really want to see is next episode, one of the trademark moments of Josuke that keeps getting used in the games
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is fair if I heal you first, right...?
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    What I really want to see is next episode, one of the trademark moments of Josuke that keeps getting used in the games
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is fair if I heal you first, right...?
    I'm pretty sure this is the chapter that line comes up

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

What kind of fan of the show would I be if I didn't make a dumb fictional stand...

Name: Touch Sight
    Appearance: Gaunt human shape with no eyes on face. One eye on each finger with coverage similar to a thimble. Eyes appear to be more like tattoos stretched over the described areas than actual eyes.
    Abilities:
    +Can see unnaturally well out of each eye with no such problem as peripheral vision.
    +Finger eyes are not sensitive to touch and only by completely destroying the entire surface of an eye or covering it is its sight impeded. If any part of an eye is left intact or unimpeded it can see from that part.
    +Very strong mental link between stand and user. Like a hive mind. Anything one knows the other knows. No chance of stand rejection as a result.
    +Generates a telekinetic field around it in a radius that it can manipulate things within.
    +Can automatically learn everything about anything "touched" by this field. Memories, history, etc. Can learn less if desired.
    +Limitless knowledge capacity and recall.
    +Not physically strong.

I mean there's already really weird stands right... what's one more?
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-10-11 at 01:58 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

26. - Top - End - #206

*looks at some of the future stands*

Yeah this is fine. Wait until we get Moody Blues.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of original stands, I once had this random idea of writing a fan fic spin-off of Part 5, with the protagonist(?) being
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diavolo before he became the Boss.
    The idea seemed pretty fun, but I didn't have the time to write it.
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2016-10-11 at 08:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

So I got into JoJo about a week ago, and rushed through the first anime and have just started Stardust Crusaders. While I enjoyed Phantom Blood, Battle Tendencies was just so much better in almost every way, and I'm hoping Stardust Crusaders is just as good. Even perStands are a fun addition, I can't wait for the quirky ones to turn up.

The one thing that annoys me is the ridiculously over muscled bodies all the men have. How long is it until that disappears?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

29. - Top - End - #209

Never, really. That's pretty much the author's trademark style.

Though I noticed that they're actually not that muscly anymore in Diamond is Unbreakable? Will they get back to muscly later?

Also you know my opinion that Stardust Crusader is actually pretty boring and someone earlier got put off by it (or to be specific, way too long. Really, I realized that's actually the problem with it, it doesn't really need that many two-parters), but stay with the series. DiU will make everything worth it.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Stardust Crusaders is like a vast collections of the "Enemy Stand User of the week!", so it's not really a sort of connected drama like Part 1 and 2 are. It's enjoyable in its own way, but it's obviously different from the previous parts, and thus, if you expect something similar, you might get disappointed.

As for the characters being muscular: Blame it not on Araki, but on Fist of the North Star. Araki's previous works, like BT or Baoh, did not involve that many muscular men. But if you look at the age in which Jojo's parts 1 to 3 were published you'll see it's the era of Fist of the North Star, and basically all the shonen manga of that time involved having lots and lots more of muscular men.

Muscles suddenly diminish in part 4, where the story is about the daily lives of normal high-schoolers wielding badass superpowers. Part 5 involves not much muscle, but it instead involves a lot of really, and I mean really bizarre fashion. This trend is actually stronger than the muscle trend, and goes on all the way till now.
    Show

Show