New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

Thanks for the advice!

Sidenote:
    ...Btw I STILL wish KLEO was romanceable.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

I totally agree.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #123
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Yeah, standing and fighting in Power Armor is a bad idea. Basically you want to either be advancing or retreating. Remember you're such a big target that attempting to avoid damage is not going to work. Instead you'll want to be very aggressive.
    This seems to work quite generally in situations where I'm fighting large groups, even in FO3 and NV. I remember battling a swarm of super mutants in the DC Mall and just running at them with the trigger down on my assault rifle. Spent a lot of ammo, but only got scratched (my companion damaged me more than the mutants did). I think the AI just can't deal with the player charging at them. Or maybe it was dumb luck, either is possible.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was intense.
    I ran out of ammo with two waves left but had 6 pulse mines that worked wonders.

I threw together my first robot provisioner: An assaultron with sentry chest (for eventual nuclear launchers) called Medusa I. Weapons atm is 1 stealth blade, 1 electrified claw and 1 face laser of course.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I personally don't find the Nuclear Launchers to survive long enough to make much difference. Plain Grenades work well enough.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I personally don't find the Nuclear Launchers to survive long enough to make much difference. Plain Grenades work well enough.
    They're cool.

That's how I will play this time. Will not use bought legendary armor pieces because I will only use robot armor.
    Stick with a theme

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I am not a fan of Nuka-World intro or tutorial. Being promoted boss honcho is usually a Bethesda game's goal of a questline. And it feels so hamfisted being handed the one trick to kill the unkillable Overboss and then promoted to Boss myself. No spoilers but is my doubt justified or should I doubt this move heavily ingame?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

It means almost nothing. It's not even as useful as being Arch-mage in Skyrim with cool quarters and sweet gear. You still have to do everything​ yourself.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fallout 2: Part 8.

Spoiler: Cheri
    Show
    It has been almost a month, I think, since I left Arroyo in search of the Geck. I have shot and been shot. I have polluted my body with chems. I have killed.

And yet, as I stood over Metzger's corpse, I couldn't help but feel a bit of pride. I did this. Me. Cheri. Civilization said that you could build an entire town around slavery, with gangs warring over who got to be the slavers' lickspittle, and children forced to steal for a living. I rejected that. I brought it to an end. I established an orphanage. I locked Metzger's goons into separate rooms and took my time taking them apart before gunning down their leader himself.

Still, as freed slaves streamed through the Slaver's 'guild' doors, I could see Sulik's brow furrowing. His sister wasn't here. However, one of the slaves came forward and volunteered that he'd been held at a camp somewhere to the southwest, about halfway between the Den and where Sulik said his tribe had their village. I was loathe to leave the safety of the town, given how our short trip east towards Vault City had ended. Still, duty called.

--------

After a relatively uneventful three-day journey, we reached the camp. This group was much better armed than Metzger's group--Deagles instead of 10mm pistols--but we managed it. Our supply of stimpaks was severely depleted, even after looting the slavers of their own meager supplies. But it was worth it; we entered a shack, opened the cages, and I could tell that Sulik wasn't looking at me--he had eyes only for another woman.

(I'll be honest. Sulik's parents must have been something else, because both he and his sister are damn sexy tribals.)

--------

A much faster journey took us to Sulik's village. He begged off so that he could go celebrate with his sister and enjoy his time with the tribe. Figuring that Vic and I had the day to ourselves, I took to asking around the town to see whether I could help them. A man at the well had dropped his bucket into the town well when a particularly curvaceous woman walked by and he was taken by spirits of lust. Lacking a rope, I couldn't really do anything but promise to help when I could.

Fortunately, I could still help someone else--one of the Umbra tribe's warriors told me that he needed someone with a bit more worldly experience to supervise a transaction. He seemed well-educated enough, but I agreed anyway. When we went out into the desert, the merchant showed up with a crate of these rare miracle chems that tribals will have never heard of! Stimpaks! You can imagine my face; yeah, tribals have no idea of what stimpaks, and it's not like you can buy them by the dozen from every vendor I've met... After a short demonstration--I feel bad for the guard who the merchant knifed, by the way--he offered a crate of 50 stimpaks for only 20 golden gecko pelts. The math worked out--fifty stimpaks are worth almost twice as much as twenty gecko pelts. Suspicious, I asked to look at the crates; when I squirted out a tad of the healing juice on the top stimpak, the acrid iron smell make me wrinkle my nose. These looked like stimpaks, sure, but the only thing inside them was brahmin blood. Caught, the merchant made up some excuses and beat a hasty retreat.

Sulik's still visiting his sister. Maybe after a night's sleep--and a visit to a local spirit the shaman tells me about--he'll be ready to go again, so we can head to Vault City.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

So... mole rats... is there some way, any way, to detect them?
    I keep jumping every time they attack. I mean, sure they have low damage and hp, but it's the startle factor.
    Maybe a mod to make it so they're never hidden underground?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Companions can detect them and will shoot at them before they appear sometimes, though that may not help.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I am not a fan of Nuka-World intro or tutorial. Being promoted boss honcho is usually a Bethesda game's goal of a questline. And it feels so hamfisted being handed the one trick to kill the unkillable Overboss and then promoted to Boss myself. No spoilers but is my doubt justified or should I doubt this move heavily ingame?
    Congratulations! You are now the chief figurehead for a highly factionalized and egotistical group of separate raider bands. Now YOU get to be the one who makes unpopular choices since any decision you make cannot please all three factions of your group that you are 'boss' of. Because what can possibly go wrong with three highly armed groups who don't much like each other and will greatly resent anything resembling favoritism waiting for you to make a move?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Or walk and talk in the Market for an alternate path.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Well that was intense.
    I ran out of ammo with two waves left but had 6 pulse mines that worked wonders.

I threw together my first robot provisioner: An assaultron with sentry chest (for eventual nuclear launchers) called Medusa I. Weapons atm is 1 stealth blade, 1 electrified claw and 1 face laser of course.
    The shoulder nukes work wonders....but if you have a bot companion with you that has them...be sure to get your Charisma up to 8 and take that nice little perk that keeps your companions from harming you. 'Cuz those bots just LOVE lobbing those nukes at the things your in melee range with.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    The shoulder nukes work wonders....but if you have a bot companion with you that has them...be sure to get your Charisma up to 8 and take that nice little perk that keeps your companions from harming you. 'Cuz those bots just LOVE lobbing those nukes at the things your in melee range with.
    I'm planning on putting them only on provisioners. All my provisioners will eventually be overpowered robots. Except those at Far Harbor of course.
    Anyway, Medusa I seems fairly formidable already, but I will definitely put those on her when I have the perks.

Btw meet Jezebel II, the guardian of Tenpines Bluff. To my great frustration I am yet unable to build gatlin lasers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit:
    Anyone tried the mod that replaces pack brahmin with Eyebots? It seems like a lovely idea.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-03 at 03:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

How many holidays does Diamond City get decorated for? I know of Halloween from having personally encountered it, as well as Christmas from the playthrough I've been watching.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

No idea, I have never noticed either.

...I downloaded the Eyebot mod. My plan is, for my patroling robots, to all have the max packing rear armor, being their own pack Brahmin.

Edit: not that anyone cares but: Color Scheme for my robots:

Orange - Guard bots and Suppliers (because they are always heavily armed; the color is a warning).
    Grey - Bots built for companionship. Codsworth, ADA and one or two more I will build from scratch.
    Olive Green - Civilian bots (cheap harvester bots, mainly).
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-03 at 04:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay... hmm.
    What are the minimum stats needed to access all of the equipment mod perks?
    Could it be done with the starting SPECIAL points while also having enough for lockpicking and hacking?
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

4 STR, 7 INT, if I'm not mistaken. Science is past Hacking, so it's all down to 4 for PER for Lockpicking. Should be just fine.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds pretty doable, aye.
    I know in theory one could just stick with one type of weapon, but having an array of good stuff seems better in the long run. Both to use multiple ammo types as well as for enemies with different weaknesses and such.
    Plus being able to customize weapons and armor rather than relying on lucky drops seems sweet.
    Higher int also, if I'm not mistaken, also means more xp, right?
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-06-03 at 07:44 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

It does indeed. Personally I go all the way to 9, but that's because I love using Power Armor, and Nuclear Physicist helps me do that.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Congratulations! You are now the chief figurehead for a highly factionalized and egotistical group of separate raider bands. Now YOU get to be the one who makes unpopular choices since any decision you make cannot please all three factions of your group that you are 'boss' of. Because what can possibly go wrong with three highly armed groups who don't much like each other and will greatly resent anything resembling favoritism waiting for you to make a move?
    Now that you put it that way, this sounds almost like the exact gist of the main storyline... I feel betrayed!!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone know of mods to remove the timers and risk of damage to settlements from Minutemen quests?
    I'd like to do the chain because [more stuff to do!] but I don't like those risks of having stuff I've built damaged or failing quests for not moving fast(or at least, it sounds kind of punishing compared to other factions).

Also, moral pros and cons of factions?
    So far the Minutemen and Railroad seem the most "good", with the Brotherhood disliking synths and the spread of technology, and the institute kidnapping people and being against free synths.
    Am I understanding the factions right?
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-06-04 at 05:33 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

No idea, though personally I haven't found the time limit's too onerous. At worst you have to wait for the mission to come around again.

Yeah, that seems to be about the gist, though I not that the BoS seems to have become very Enclave like.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Insstitute is "Modern Vault-Tec", with all that implies. So no, they aren't good people.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Also, moral pros and cons of factions?
    So far the Minutemen and Railroad seem the most "good", with the Brotherhood disliking synths and the spread of technology, and the institute kidnapping people and being against free synths.
    Am I understanding the factions right?
    Minutemen are the only truly altruistic faction, IMHO. There's a critical black mark against the Railroad, which is that they believe the only way to save a synth is to wipe their personality and replace it with another one. To my mind, that means they're treating them just as much as sub-human machines as the Institute do, since they believe that completely destroying a synth's personality and replacing it with another one is A-OK. As far as I'm concerned this is no different to killing the original synth.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly the Brotherhood makes the most sense in character. Ghouls should frenzy sooner or later. Sentient ghouls are just a ticking time bomb. Synths are uncontrollable and much like the dilemma in the most recent Deus Ex games they might just have a kill switch that prompts them to go hostile. Super Mutants too are hardly agreeable. Most of them are destructive brutes. If their leadership would be united in a goal to follow with the found technology - rather than hoarding it and not agreeing on any course of action besides arming themselves to the teeth.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Daaang. Yeah, that's a pretty big black mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Honestly the Brotherhood makes the most sense in character. Ghouls should frenzy sooner or later. Sentient ghouls are just a ticking time bomb. Synths are uncontrollable and much like the dilemma in the most recent Deus Ex games they might just have a kill switch that prompts them to go hostile. Super Mutants too are hardly agreeable. Most of them are destructive brutes. If their leadership would be united in a goal to follow with the found technology - rather than hoarding it and not agreeing on any course of action besides arming themselves to the teeth.
    I think I get what you mean. Like, they have potentially noble base goals, but using all the tech to arm themselves to an absurd level and crush their foes... puts them in a rather odd spot.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-06-04 at 03:45 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but the Railroad is at least giving them a chance and preventing people from finding out and being unduly prejudiced against them.

The Institute are nothing but very shiny Slavers.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I think I get what you mean. Like, they have potentially noble base goals, but using all the tech to arm themselves to an absurd level and crush their foes... puts them in a rather odd spot.
    What would you have the Brotherhood do? Let their soldiers die for lack of equipment? Or just equip them enough to give the super mutants a sporting chance? Being stronger than your enemies is what militaries do.