New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default So my party came into 52,109,263.488 gp each.. I have no idea what the hell to buy

Like the title says. My party came into 52,109,263.488gp each.. Mainly because we are at the end of the campaign for the most part and because we just finished raiding the horde of a Red dragon who is the son of a god.. No divine ranks on him but high as hell CR.. Our next target to kill is his chaotic evil Father who runs his own country and we are being lead to believe has some form of divine rank since he is called a 'god' by other dragons..

So with the back story at least partially explained.. Does anyone have any idea what the hell I should spend this on? I thought a fort but that would be pointless this late in the game since we aren't really coming back to this setting anytime soon. I figured potentially a +20 weapon since I'm pretty good on terms of AC.. But really any suggestions because if this was over the course of a game I could work with it.. But this much money at once is kinda making me flounder on just what the hell to do with it besides item fusing with the combining item rules and a few other things like mentioned above pumping my weapon to a +20 with abilities.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: So my party came into 52,109,263.488 gp each.. I have no idea what the hell to bu

Invest it into building a tremendous stronghold of impenetrable metals and do what old-school characters did with one percent of that kind of money; retire as the king of a new large city that you can feasibly build up paying for new buildings and landscaping.

Whatever's left after your god-king palace and its surrounding architecture are erected can then go towards the formation of guilds, that kind of money can surely make a prestigious school of magic a reality, as well as an adventurer's guild inspired by you.

Then, if playing kings and queens gets boring, ask your DM about playing members of these villages and guilds that your former PCs have formed, starting a new campaign at a lower, less broken level, while periodically going back to the royal characters to make neat political decisions.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

3. - Top - End - #3

Beholder

Default Re: So my party came into 52,109,263.488 gp each.. I have no idea what the hell to bu

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Invest it into building a tremendous stronghold of impenetrable metals and do what old-school characters did with one percent of that kind of money; retire as the king of a new large city that you can feasibly build up paying for new buildings and landscaping.

Whatever's left after your god-king palace and its surrounding architecture are erected can then go towards the formation of guilds, that kind of money can surely make a prestigious school of magic a reality, as well as an adventurer's guild inspired by you.

Then, if playing kings and queens gets boring, ask your DM about playing members of these villages and guilds that your former PCs have formed, starting a new campaign at a lower, less broken level, while periodically going back to the royal characters to make neat political decisions.
    I would do that but this campaign or more so the world it is in maaaay get.. Erased.. The campaign after this is set in the past and the DM has already said certain actions will alter the 'present' yes most of our campaigns got weird rick and morty level time **** going on or other things. I also thought about that but my character in particular has a agenda which involves killing a concept which in this setting is a pesudo deity that is ALOT harder to kill but when you do you replace them.

That and my DM has banned me from ever playing base/city builder again.. All because of that one time I sent him a sixty two page report on a guild my character wanted to make.. So it had twelve floors, was able to be entirely self reliant, and could potentially survive the heat death of the universe.. I build to last damn it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holya View Post
    I would do that but this campaign or more so the world it is in maaaay get.. Erased.. The campaign after this is set in the past and the DM has already said certain actions will alter the 'present' yes most of our campaigns got weird rick and morty level time **** going on or other things. I also thought about that but my character in particular has a agenda which involves killing a concept which in this setting is a pesudo deity that is ALOT harder to kill but when you do you replace them.

That and my DM has banned me from ever playing base/city builder again.. All because of that one time I sent him a sixty two page report on a guild my character wanted to make.. So it had twelve floors, was able to be entirely self reliant, and could potentially survive the heat death of the universe.. I build to last damn it.
    Oh

So your DM gave you lots of gold and you can't do something... practical with it.

The time shenanigans I get though. What's the cosmology of your campaign like? I feel like with that much gold, you can get some higher powers involved

Or do basically what I described before, but in Sigil instead.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #5

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Oh

So your DM gave you lots of gold and you can't do something... practical with it.

The time shenanigans I get though. What's the cosmology of your campaign like? I feel like with that much gold, you can get some higher powers involved

Or do basically what I described before, but in Sigil instead.
    Funny story.. My chaotic good character.. Was banned from sigil.. Partially because of a misunderstanding.. And partially because he has Touch of Golden Ice and it does says touch which means handshakes and stuff.. I am toxic to anything with the evil alignment..

Also he is fine with practical I just over do it when it comes to base building. That and he feels like it would be me wasting money to do something which may depending on how the other campaign goes will be erased from existence.

Though getting into the cosmology its pretty much all the gods and etc from 3.5e with a few homebrew gods here and there and the concepts. Honestly I love the setting and how fluid/just how well it works. Just wish my DM had more time to really flesh out some of the things.

So what options do I have? I mean I know I can just go item crazy.. Or other random stuff.. OR I could buy me a army.. But beyond that? I really have no idea where to start with this kind of cash. I mean I get why he gave us this much. This has been a dragon who has not been raided in six or more centuries. Has a army of kobolds, a entire land mass region to itself for the kobolds to strip mine. While it also raids the ever living hell out of dwarves and the halfling villages that are close enough for it to fly too in a few days..

So any other suggestions? I mean if I wasn't banned from Sigil or more so going back will probably have unforeseen results since We kinda jumped ship out of sigil before the city guard could get involved but their were a lot of witnesses and my character.. Sticks out like a sore thumb being a Weresnake Whisper gnome. I would love the idea of setting up a multi planar trading guild or adventure guild.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

All your items are intelligent items with the maximum allowed number of powers!

7. - Top - End - #7

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    All your items are intelligent items with the maximum allowed number of powers!
    That.. Actually sounds hilarious.. I mean I've had a item familiar before.. But a entire array of Intelligent items would be something new. Any other ideas just encase my DM doesn't want me having a entire family of intelligent items with me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holya View Post
    That.. Actually sounds hilarious.. I mean I've had a item familiar before.. But a entire array of Intelligent items would be something new. Any other ideas just encase my DM doesn't want me having a entire family of intelligent items with me.
    Just beware, in their descriptions it says they're often desperately jealous of one another if possessed by the same owner. To the point they'll start actively trying to interfere with one another with you caught in the middle.

Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.

EDIT: Is PF material on the table?
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2018-08-16 at 03:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Just beware, in their descriptions it says they're often desperately jealous of one another if possessed by the same owner. To the point they'll start actively trying to interfere with one another with you caught in the middle.

When you prefaced this with "beware," I was expecting you to point out a downside. 😃

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hire an entire wizard's guild to come cast buff spells and scrolls on you before the final encounter?

11. - Top - End - #11

So bases and cities are out, fine. What about transportation? Start with Kit from Nightrider and work up from there. Make the ultimate in defensible and comfortable transit service. Something that can fly, burrow, travel over and under water, planeshift at will. Equip it with sensors for every occasion. Hire some demi-gods to serve as drivers/protection. Pimp it out with a portable wardrobe full of utility gadgetry worthy of James Bond. Line it with lead and put a few different demiplanes in. Add a garden, and maybe a bathroom designed by Bergholt Stuttley Johnson. I dunno, you can pretty much make the Tardis with that much gold.
    Last edited by Ellrin; 2018-08-16 at 06:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post

I'd be surprised if this isn't already a show.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

You could create and trick out your own demiplane, or start renting out space in Union, with money left over to pay for security.

You could also get a Gate Key and set up a series of save points for yourself.
    Last edited by Bronk; 2018-08-16 at 08:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

PirateCaptain

1000 mice with whatever caster level you can afford death throes cast on all of them. Gift to big bad, cast power word kill on one mouse. Hilarity ensues. No save, no sr, 1d8 per caster level damage per mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    You aren't just Captain Elfy McElvenpants. You're Captain Elfy McElvenpants, Resident BadElf of Elfheim.

15. - Top - End - #15

So, spending that much money seems all but impossible. But let's try anyway.

Let's say that you hire Quertus, my signature academia mage, for whom this account is named. And he outsources anything he can't do himself. What could you get? Hmmm...

Let's start with buff spells, cast at obscene levels. And buff "spells" that are immune to Disjunction. But that's just chump change.

How about wonder architecture that casts those buff spells? (Energy Transformation Field shenanigans would probably be cheaper, but, with this much money, who cares?)

Let's add in an army, sure. Actually, five armies.

The first would be standard mercenaries, straight out of the DMG. The second would be Maugg. The third slaves (freed, most likely, given your alignment). The fourth, constructs (and undead? How does your character feel about undead?) The fifth is Simulacra.

Now, I know that you're generally banned from creating strongholds, but you'll need someplace to keep that architecture. Buy a single room that casts Gate on you every round (from both the prime material and the astral, so that you should be a valid target for one of them). Since they are calling you by name, you can simply choose not to go unless you want to. Then have the architecture live in the hallways off that room.

Give this room flying, planar travel, heal - whatever cool stuff you want. Then give it 20,000 mile thick walls. With a maze of hallways leading out. Commission the creation of a few permanent Teleportation Circles for quicker access to the outside. Buy - and free - millions of slaves, and let them live on your outer walls; ie, on the surface of the planet that you've created. Have some resetting traps of Create Food and Water there for them. You can literally and figuratively the Heart of the Planet. Have the inhabitants worship you as a god. Gain divine rank as the god of Freedom and Patron of the Arts.

Oh, and Quertus can craft you some items, too.

Maybe, if you take Quertus up on this offer, he can finally get out of debt.

As an added bonus, in the event of the History Eraser Button, Quertus can simply use Teleport Through Time to have you (and maybe your whole world? I'm still working on that one) arrive before the temporal disturbance that would have erased you. So, you know, this stuff might actually matter.

If you're interested, I'll work up pricing. Goods can be delivered as early as yesterday.
    Last edited by Quertus; 2018-08-16 at 09:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Even if you are chaotic good, try and make a Contract with mechanus to provide the members of your Family tree with eternal protection by Inevetables and similarly powerful, ever watchful beings, toa start with.

have an Army of them champion a cause you hold in high regard (that isnt chaotic), but wording needs to be precise for that.

Pay Mechanus to craft you a citysized Battle mech to control (with all the bells and wistles), that is immune against any alignment based powers but that of Mechanus (and due to you being the contractor, unless youa ttack them they wont attack you^^), and kick the demigod laughable dragons ass, ergo win.

With the about 40% of the money left, enjoy your retirement.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    I'd be surprised if this isn't already a show.
    The closest show that comes to mind is Noragami.

Key differences: The people with the intelligent items are gods (I mean, high level D&D characters aren't that far off), and all the items can PAO themselves into a specific human form (and back): the form of the soul used to create them.

Side note: I may want to use this use-someone's-soul system for a substitute for XP in magic item creation in a future campaign. Need to remember that one.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PunBlake View Post
    The closest show that comes to mind is Noragami.

Key differences: The people with the intelligent items are gods (I mean, high level D&D characters aren't that far off), and all the items can PAO themselves into a specific human form (and back): the form of the soul used to create them.

Side note: I may want to use this use-someone's-soul system for a substitute for XP in magic item creation in a future campaign. Need to remember that one.
    There is pathfinder fluff about how souls can be used in the creation of intelligent items and how it is mostly done by evil outsiders.

19. - Top - End - #19

SamuraiGuy

That is something like 5 times the total amount of available gold on Earth. Each. Just for some perspective.

What can you buy?

Pretty much anything, get yourself a Hello Kitty Deathstar staffed by clones of Nicole Kidman. Or whatever floats your boat.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Every non-epic item just to start out. Then from there you figure out the epic items. No really. Look at the non-weapon and armor tables in the DMG or MIC and add up the gp. Scrolls/wands/potions too. Get a rough description and a reference source to leaf through your options for every scenario, because you really do have an answer to everything. If you want to spend more time then browse through them to pick out the utility ones, get duplicates of certain ones and take notes but that takes a while. Do get sufficient magical bags even if you don't get into detail.

What level is the group? That's actually not that crazy gold for level 40-50. For level 20, yeah. But if you're level 20 and there are NPCs who can craft epic items, why are you the ones saving the world?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2018-08-16 at 10:13 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

21. - Top - End - #21

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Even if you are chaotic good, try and make a Contract with mechanus to provide the members of your Family tree with eternal protection by Inevetables and similarly powerful, ever watchful beings, toa start with.
    If I was a GM, I'd enthusiastically agree with this, then run the next campaign as the PCs trying to take down a genocidal maniac protected by Inevitables.

22. - Top - End - #22

I forgot all about having an army through paying for Planar Binding. Or, heck, Greater Planar Ally, from the god of Freedom, Time, Paradox, and Patron of the Arts (ie, yourself). Or Gate. Whatever makes you happy.

23. - Top - End - #23

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    So, spending that much money seems all but impossible. But let's try anyway.

Let's say that you hire Quertus, my signature academia mage, for whom this account is named. And he outsources anything he can't do himself. What could you get? Hmmm...

Let's start with buff spells, cast at obscene levels. And buff "spells" that are immune to Disjunction. But that's just chump change.

How about wonder architecture that casts those buff spells? (Energy Transformation Field shenanigans would probably be cheaper, but, with this much money, who cares?)

Let's add in an army, sure. Actually, five armies.

The first would be standard mercenaries, straight out of the DMG. The second would be Maugg. The third slaves (freed, most likely, given your alignment). The fourth, constructs (and undead? How does your character feel about undead?) The fifth is Simulacra.

Now, I know that you're generally banned from creating strongholds, but you'll need someplace to keep that architecture. Buy a single room that casts Gate on you every round (from both the prime material and the astral, so that you should be a valid target for one of them). Since they are calling you by name, you can simply choose not to go unless you want to. Then have the architecture live in the hallways off that room.

Give this room flying, planar travel, heal - whatever cool stuff you want. Then give it 20,000 mile thick walls. With a maze of hallways leading out. Commission the creation of a few permanent Teleportation Circles for quicker access to the outside. Buy - and free - millions of slaves, and let them live on your outer walls; ie, on the surface of the planet that you've created. Have some resetting traps of Create Food and Water there for them. You can literally and figuratively the Heart of the Planet. Have the inhabitants worship you as a god. Gain divine rank as the god of Freedom and Patron of the Arts.

Oh, and Quertus can craft you some items, too.

Maybe, if you take Quertus up on this offer, he can finally get out of debt.

As an added bonus, in the event of the History Eraser Button, Quertus can simply use Teleport Through Time to have you (and maybe your whole world? I'm still working on that one) arrive before the temporal disturbance that would have erased you. So, you know, this stuff might actually matter.

If you're interested, I'll work up pricing. Goods can be delivered as early as yesterday.
    Alexander Escobar Escargo is perfectly fine with undead. He currently has a undead Kensai. But yes price this up please. This will be hilarious and even funner when my DM realized.. I didn't lie. I build characters that will find a way to survive.. Even if they don't know that a doomsday event is coming. So yeah price it out man and go wild. Well as wild as you can with the gold amount. Hell if you want to talk with the others who posted you can. The more interesting and thought out the better my good sir? Or Madam.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

So, I'm that undead Kensai he was talking about. I'm just gonna buy tomes to increase my strength and charisma by 5, a belt of magnificence +6 and enchant my armor a bit. OP can have the rest of my share. Our DM has overdone this dragon's hoard a bit considering we just reached level 15, hasn't he? XD
    Last edited by Vanvu; 2018-08-16 at 02:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, a bit.

If a bit is the mass difference between our sun and a Neutron Star. ^^
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

26. - Top - End - #26

Beholder

Well this might be the last loot drop we get for this campaign as we have the Son of the god dragon is the boss we are about to fight. Then his dad which is a actual god. And then one final boss. Each boss encounter by out DM is going to be giving us 2 levels and a the fight against a concept. So yeah its.. Alot of money but I think it is meant to carry us the rest of the way to level 20.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vanvu View Post
    So, I'm that undead Kensai he was talking about. I'm just gonna buy tomes to increase my strength and charisma by 5, a belt of magnificence +6 and enchant my armor a bit. OP can have the rest of my share. Our DM has overdone this dragon's hoard a bit considering we just reached level 15, hasn't he? XD
    I'd suggest at least getting a ring of Universal Energy Immunity as well, just in case.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PunBlake View Post
    IIRC there are rules for sacrificing people to get craft XP in the BoVD, and also a rule about using a soul for 10 XP worth of item creation -- which seems a bit low, but at least it's a starting point.

I really like the idea that a dying NPC could take possession of an item as a non-evil immortality gambit.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

> Time shenanigans
    > Extreme monty hauling

Er... yea.

That said, pick a thing you lack and acquire it.
    Depending on what's allowed in your game, that kind of money opens a lot of doors.
    A deluxe shopping spree around here would be just the start.
    Slotless magical items, stacking effects. Paying for contingent spells. Paying for rituals to acquire templates. Epic level magic. Land, castles, armies, exotic materials, exotic locales, exotic services, exotic servants.

30. - Top - End - #30

At least do this.

And pump the ML up to max to prevent dispels.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2018-08-16 at 04:32 PM.