New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1411
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade View Post
    Q761: Similar questions, but for the Protective Tail talent:
    -Can you use it with the Smashing Counter talent from the Shield sphere? If so, can you make a tail slap attack and apply feats/talents that affect shield bashes to it?
    -Do talents that allow your shield to take damage affect your tail? Do attacks "deflected" in this manner deal damage to you?
    A761
    A1) Yes, you can use it with Smashing Counter. No, you do not make a tail slap attack, you make a shield bash attack. This means that you treat the tail as a martial weapon and lose your AC bonus from it unless you have Bashing Shield or a similar ability.

A2) Generally redirecting damage to your shield when your shield is you won't actually do anything, but if you had an ability that allowed you to interpose your shield for an attack against an ally and then redirect that damage to the shield, Protective Tail would allow you to take the damage instead.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    A761
    A1) Yes, you can use it with Smashing Counter. No, you do not make a tail slap attack, you make a shield bash attack. This means that you treat the tail as a martial weapon and lose your AC bonus from it unless you have Bashing Shield or a similar ability.

A2) Generally redirecting damage to your shield when your shield is you won't actually do anything, but if you had an ability that allowed you to interpose your shield for an attack against an ally and then redirect that damage to the shield, Protective Tail would allow you to take the damage instead.
    Then the tail would still do its own damage with its "shield bash", right?

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Pixie in the Playground

Q763
    Less of technical question. What class(es), Feats, talents, etc. would be best to build ODST (Halo)/Helldiver (Helldivers). A character who calls in Equipment/vehicles

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Pixie in the Playground

Q764
    Would a symbiotic knight be able to use telekinesis on the Summoned Equipment since it says in the Summon Equipment feature
    “...As such, only the symbiotic knight can use his summoned equipment; in the hands of any other creatures, his summoned equipment is treated as nothing but a masterwork weapon.”?

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Pixie in the Playground

Q765
    Question regarding the shield sphere.
    How does cover ally interact with Punch block?

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground

Q766
    Can the Stancemaster archetype be used with the Antiquarian archetype

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Althrion View Post
    Q765
    Question regarding the shield sphere.
    How does cover ally interact with Punch block?
    A765You would use your attack roll in place of their AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by viperwolf306 View Post
    Q766
    Can the Stancemaster archetype be used with the Antiquarian archetype
    A766 they do not stack.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Q767:
    Does an undead animal companion (from the Death Sphere-Focused feat), receive the advantages from the caster's Death Sphere Reanimate, i.e., Empowered Reanimate, Reanimated Warriors, etc.?

Q767a:
    If yes, would a Withering Witch be able to use their Mutation Corruption on them?

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Feliaria View Post
    Q767:
    Does an undead animal companion (from the Death Sphere-Focused feat), receive the advantages from the caster's Death Sphere Reanimate, i.e., Empowered Reanimate, Reanimated Warriors, etc.?

Q767a:
    If yes, would a Withering Witch be able to use their Mutation Corruption on them?
    A767a: Mutation works on any summoned creature, i.e., a creature that isn't permanent that you use magic to create or conjure.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Weather Sphere questions

Q768: Is there an action associated with calling down a lightning bolt from Weather Sphere?
    Q768a: Is there any change in action when you use a spell point to let it persist without concentration?

Q769: What happens when you use metamagic (Elemental Spell for simple example) to change energy damage type with control weather? Do you now possess the ability to call Cold or Acid Bolts? Or is it flat incompatible?

This is an important one for me because Weather is one of my go-to spheres and lightning bolts are the biggest part of damage from it. However, they aren't well explained. This leads to a few potential issues when combined with classes like the Tempestarii or metamagics when something can laugh off your electric damage.

11. - Top - End - #1331

Q770: Is there any limit on the number of times per day a Painted Savage Barbarian can use their Mystical Tattoos ability? As written it seems to be at-will, only requiring another action to reactivate every few rounds, and I wanted to confirm that was the intent before using it.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Q770: Is there any limit on the number of times per day a Painted Savage Barbarian can use their Mystical Tattoos ability? As written it seems to be at-will, only requiring another action to reactivate every few rounds, and I wanted to confirm that was the intent before using it.
    A770: It is intended that a Painted Savage could use its Mystic Tattoos at-will.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Q: 771

With the newer mythic drawbacks. Mythic Vulnerablity ignore "special defences". The examples given are DR and SR. I assume this also applies to ER and Immunity. But what about evasion? Does it matter if evasion is gained from the Rebuff talent in Destruction? Then finally would the barrier made from the protection base ability still stop attacks of your vulnerability?

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Pixie in the Playground

Q772: I believe the below was never clarified and I also have the same question. I would love an answer to that. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mairn View Post
    Q81: Does the Brutal Strike granted by Bloody Counter count as an attack action for the purposes of feats such as Vital Strike and other spheres abilities? The wording is unclear, since Brutal Strikes are normally a special attack action.
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
    A81: Unless anyone else on the team states otherwise, I am going to say that it is not treated as an attack action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirya View Post
    81..: The text of Bloody Counter specifically refers to the Brutal Strike it grants as an attack action (the last sentence says) 'If the creature attacking you is battered, you may resolve your attack action prior to their attack being resolved.' where attack action refers to your brutal strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
    Fair point, I'm bringing it up with the others as I'm not sure that was the intention. I may have been wrong, and hopefully we can get this clarified.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Q: 772

The Armorist Inventioneer archetype grants the Bound Invention and Summon Gadgets class features, which respectively allow the Armorist to "(gain) inventions as the technician class feature, summoning and dismissing them as bound equipment," and "spend a spell point as a standard action to create and activate a gadget as per the technician’s class feature" respectively. However, both of those class features in the technician class entry state that the DCs of inventions and gadgets are keyed off of their Technician levels and Intelligence modifier specifically. The Techsmith Armorist suffers a similar issue for the "Technical Improvement" Maintenance. I assume this was a simple oversight, but just in case, is it implied that Armorists and Blacksmiths use their respective class levels and Casting/Practitioner modifiers to determine the DCs for their Inventions/Gadgets/Improvements instead of the listed technician levels and Intelligence modifier for the purposes of these class features?
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-10-11 at 02:16 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Q: 772

The Armorist Inventioneer archetype grants the Bound Invention and Summon Gadgets class features, which respectively allow the Armorist to "(gain) inventions as the technician class feature, summoning and dismissing them as bound equipment," and "spend a spell point as a standard action to create and activate a gadget as per the technician’s class feature" respectively. However, both of those class features in the technician class entry state that the DCs of inventions and gadgets are keyed off of their Technician levels and Intelligence modifier specifically. The Techsmith Armorist suffers a similar issue for the "Technical Improvement" Maintenance. I assume this was a simple oversight, but just in case, is it implied that Armorists and Blacksmiths use their respective class levels and Casting/Practitioner modifiers to determine the DCs for their Inventions/Gadgets/Improvements instead of the listed technician levels and Intelligence modifier for the purposes of these class features?
    A772 Yes, they use their level and PAM/CAM for the DCs.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    A772 Yes, they use their level and PAM/CAM for the DCs.
    Eggcellent, thanks!

I've also just been made aware that that was in fact Q773 :P

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Pixie in the Playground

According to the Scholar page, the Flashbang is an extraordinary effect unless mentioned otherwise.
    The feature suffers an enormous disadvantage when fighting against incorporeal creatures, being unable to damage them.

Q774a: Does the Scholar's flashbang count as a weapon and can you enchant it with spells/spheres/effects that affect weapons?
    Q774a2: If it's a weapon, what is it classified as?

Q774b: Are there any features/feats/talents/etc that can make the damage magical in nature?

Q774c:
    Could you use any materials, magical or alchemical in nature to give the flashbang magical properties??

Q774d: Can you use special materials to bypass certain damage reduction types?
    Last edited by Irindel; 2019-10-11 at 08:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irindel View Post
    According to the Scholar page, the Flashbang is an extraordinary effect unless mentioned otherwise.
    The feature suffers an enormous disadvantage when fighting against incorporeal creatures, being unable to damage them.

Q774a: Does the Scholar's flashbang count as a weapon and can you enchant it with spells/spheres/effects that affect weapons?
    Q774a2: If it's a weapon, what is it classified as?

Q774b: Are there any features/feats/talents/etc that can make the damage magical in nature?

Q774c:
    Could you use any materials, magical or alchemical in nature to give the flashbang magical properties??

Q774d: Can you use special materials to bypass certain damage reduction types?
    A774 Flashbangs are alchemical weapons, similar to a flask of alchemist's fire, and are thus intentionally not magical. They cannot be modified with special materials like a manufactured weapon, though they can be modified by Material Impositions with the [explosive] descriptor. Material Impositions like Ammonium Nitrate, Aspect Infusion, Brimstone, etc. provide ways to modify or change the damage type of flashbangs.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Q775

I had to string a bunch of things together, but in theory, this looks like it works:

1) From the Great Mind Prestige class in Co7S:

(1a) Knowledge (psionics)
    A great mind specializing in Knowledge (psionics) gains the collective feature of a tactician of a level equal to the ranks they posses in Knowledge (psionics). For 1 genius pool point, you may manifest effects as though modified by the Shared Power feat, gaining a network descriptor.

(1b) Mindsong [Perform and Knowledge (psionics)]
    You gain the telepathy feature of the tactician class. You may conduct bardic performances and the perform specialties on a purely psychic level without noise.

2) Practitioner Feat:

(2a) Battle Fanfare (Combat) [High. HB]
    Prerequisites: Warleader sphere, bardic performance or raging song class feature.

Benefit: The character gains the ability to attach tactics they create to their songs. While using bardic performance or raging song, the character may maintain an active tactic as part of the song without spending additional actions, this has no effect on the area affected by the tactic. They still must pay any costs associated with the tactic, such as martial focus if required, to use the tactic.

Once per round you may recenter an ongoing tactic maintained as part of using bardic performance or raging song at a new location. Whenever the character creates a new tactic, they may attach it to their song or create it normally. Tactics attached to songs can be ended as a free action. Finally, as long as the song continues, the character may shout once per round as a swift or move action.

3) Commander Class

(3a) Enhanced Tactics (Ex)
    Starting at 2nd level and every two levels thereafter, the commander may select an enhanced tactic. Enhanced tactics are special bonuses and abilities that can affect any ally currently benefiting from one of the commander’s tactics or shouts granted by the Warleader sphere. The commander may start an enhanced tactic as part of the same action used to begin a tactic or initiate a shout, and the commander may switch to any enhanced tactic he knows as a free action once per round. The commander may only have one enhanced tactic active at a time.

Conclusion:
    So by taking levels in Bard, Commander, and Great Mind, I can have a telepathic Collective through which i can project Bardic Performances, to which are attached a (Warleader sphere) Tactic, and by extension, an Enhanced Tactic. In theory, anyway.

Question:
    Does this combo work?

If yes, do I still need to make noise for the Enhanced Tactic? What range limitations apply (Can I apply the tactics to anyone in the collective or do they still need to be within normal Tactic or Performance range)?

21. - Top - End - #1341

A775

City of 7 spheres is not from DDS. So you won't get an official answer. But I don't find a fault in your train of thoughts from what you quoted, so it should work IMO. I'd also say that enhanced tactics are a rider to the psychic stuff, so no noise. Since they also are attached to the bardic song, the effects apply to everyone affected by the song. Not sure what limitations apply for the song.
    Last edited by EldritchWeaver; 2019-10-16 at 03:57 AM.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A775

City of 7 spheres is not from DDS. So you won't get an official answer. But I don't find a fault in your train of thoughts from what you quoted, so it should work IMO. I'd also say that enhanced tactics are a rider to the psychic stuff, so no noise. Since they also are attached to the bardic song, the effects apply to everyone affected by the song. Not sure what limitations apply for the song.
    City of 7 Seraphs. And questions about Co7S or other Lost Spheres products can be answered here.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Q776

Is there any way using the Skybourne rules to describe how much an airship can carry without being too heavy to fly, or should airships just use the same encumbrance rules as land and water vehicles? In other words, is it possible for a cargo to be too heavy for an airship, but still moveable with a land or water vehicle that's otherwise identical, aside from dirigibles or whatever?
    Last edited by Bovine Colonel; 2019-10-20 at 04:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Q776 Am I correct in assuming that the lack of a blast shape corresponding to spells like Scorching Ray and Magic Missile, which create multiple weaker shots able to be divided among targets, is intentional to avoid issues like stacking secondary effects by focusing fire on one target or using Quicken Spell to kill incredible numbers of weaker enemies in a single round (as spell point hungry as such a trick might be)? If not, how might you write such a shape to avoid these problems?
    Last edited by Dr_Dinosaur; 2019-10-28 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q777 In regards to Ships of Skybourne, does one add their piloting skill modifier to their vehicle's armor class, as is in base Pathfinder? I could find no such mention, but it feels right. Regardless, a clarification would be appreciated.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by BioCharge View Post
    Q777 In regards to Ships of Skybourne, does one add their piloting skill modifier to their vehicle's armor class, as is in base Pathfinder? I could find no such mention, but it feels right. Regardless, a clarification would be appreciated.
    From what I can tell, the vehicle system from Ships of Skybourne calculates their armor class as follows: Size (SoS, pg 5) + Maneuverability (SoS, pg 6) + Armor (SoS, pg 33-34).

Additionally the pilot may use the Defensive Piloting piloting maneuver to further increase your vehicle's AC for the round (SoS, pg 11). Remember when making this piloting maneuver to add your vehicle's maneuverability skill bonus.

But no, I don't think you can (with SoS) just add your skill bonus to AC.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    From what I can tell, the vehicle system from Ships of Skybourne calculates their armor class as follows: Size (SoS, pg 5) + Maneuverability (SoS, pg 6) + Armor (SoS, pg 33-34).

Additionally the pilot may use the Defensive Piloting piloting maneuver to further increase your vehicle's AC for the round (SoS, pg 11). Remember when making this piloting maneuver to add your vehicle's maneuverability skill bonus.

But no, I don't think you can (with SoS) just add your skill bonus to AC.
    Alright, cool. Makes sense as the maneuverability bonus is equivalent to a Dexterity bonus, so if it did, you'd get vehicles with massive armor class as well as HP and hardness. Seems much more reasonable. Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Pixie in the Playground

Q: 778

The Ghost Sovereign Archetype of the Soul Weaver mentions "ensouling" enemies and allies in order to use some of its class features. So, what does the term "ensouling" mean in this case?

Q:779

Do conjuration companions benefit from the caster level increase from an implement?

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Skaia View Post

The Ghost Sovereign Archetype of the Soul Weaver mentions "ensouling" enemies and allies in order to use some of its class features. So, what does the term "ensouling" mean in this case?

Do conjuration companions benefit from the caster level increase from an implement?

A779: A staff or implement for Conjuration gives the companions of that sphere an enhancement bonus to attacks and damage equal to the level of the implement. So a +5 Conjuration staff would give them a +5 enhancement to attack/damage.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Orc in the Playground

There are no references to ensouling, though there are references to ensouled creatures, is that what you mean? It means quite literally any creature creature that possesses a soul. In almost all cases, this generally means any living creature, most undead, and basically never constructs (unless you've got a Warforged type situation going on like Wyrwoods).

Do you mean whether a Conjuration companion itself can use an implement (if it has casting ability itself), or if they benefit in some way from their caster using a Conjuration sphere implement when summoning the companion?