New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Thats...really not my call. Why not ask her once the air is clear of the burning Subtleflower? What Cerus says doesn't make much sense until Lacrimosus takes a closer look at the people outside. The only ones not intoxicated are those wearing a thin mask and those with no noses; mainly vendors, guards, and a few entertainers.As for the music I say go for it, but I should warn you, this crowd can be pretty tough. Some guy almost got tossed into the pit a couple years back for a shoddy performance.

Mythek
    Spoiler
    Show
    Theres a stand selling whole fried frog-on-a-stick and another selling churros with that liquid chocolate sauce.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

2. - Top - End - #602
    Banned

The only ones not intoxicated are those wearing a thin mask and those with no noses;
    ((no noses eh? Oh, and i dont worry about hard crowds. Lacrimosus has mad skillz and a magical instrument.))

Lacrimosus steps up onto a table and produces from a pocket much to small to actualy fit anything a rod of crystal. He holds it for a moment like a violin's bow, and then like a flute. He descides upon the flute and hold the glass rod before his lips. Despite it having no opening for air to flow through a note is produced as Lacrimosus blows. The note is not very loud but somehting about the rod causes all other sounds nearby to become softer. The glassware nearby vibrates lightly, resonating with the note, giving off very faint noises that sound disturbingly like voices. Lacrimosus then beings to play a song. The music is so enthraling that all mortals within earshot stop what they are doing and fall into a trance. The music produces rolling waves of magic and light that build and then, as the song ends, settle into the listeners, making them glow. Lacrimosus then steps lightly off of the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    The glow increases charisma and acts like a Good Hope spell. It lasts for several hours. The music also acts similarly to a mass charm spell.

Also, the flute/bow can be used to create harmfull sensation if needed. Its one of Lacrimosus' artifacts, which he makes instead of avatars
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-03-24 at 06:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

As the festivities began, a group of Rakh-Ghoul arrived, they came in all their sorts, men, women, children and the elderly. They brought with them only one torch, and, upon their arrival, the head of the group held up the flame, and out of it came Asmodeus himself. He came in the form of fire itself, but it did not cast any heat, and it did not burn. His fiery voice was as the crackle and pop of flames themselves, as he spoke I do hope my Rakh-Ghoul are invited, being as they are snake-people.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

A guard wearing a thin cloth mask approaches the group. "So long as you and your people mean no harm, you are always welcome in Keidran lands. If any of you do not wish to succumb to the effects of the Subtleflowers I reccomend they wear these masks."He gestures to a box containing the masks. (basically medical masks) "Lord Cerus is in the main temple." He bows and returns to his post.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Banned

A second slaying

As the various gods partied it up a second killing of a semi-divine takes place. The results are the same. The dead sub-divine and the destroyed city and the zone of wild magic, but this time their are a few surviving mortals who claim to have actualy seen the umbral blots attcking.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

Nehswur and the Golem

In his time following the golem, Nehswur had felt his power drain slightly from time to time if he came to close. Each time he was able to gather it back to himself but he could sense the power of the breeding stone and the dangers it presented. He also felt the main breeding stone absorb another god of trickery.
    He did not physically manifest instead let his voice whisper through the night air. “And what terror does your master see?”

Mehswif and the Hierarchs

Upon hearing of the second killing, Mehswif goes to the lesser divinus offering his help and protection in exchange for acknowledgment as their patron.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Koli

The god of night and the golem

"I think because he gave me a chunk of the breeding stone, he expects you to die but well its a godly secret and he's not that good." Said the golem bowing slightly.

The Slaad

Koli was confused when a large population of the newly born Slaad turned to organized crime. He then quickly realized that it was because of the new godly essense.

The worse of these grouped together but their fear of the breeding stone stopped them doing anything major until they managed to leave. Now these bandits are the only Slaad the world has met.

Koli

Koli decided that though his Slaad were still powerful they needed to more efficently use their godly essense and as such continued work on the breeding stone.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Banned

Mehswif and the Hierarchs

Upon hearing of the second killing, Mehswif goes to the lesser divinus offering his help and protection in exchange for acknowledgment as their patron.
    ((I remembered when i offered my protection. All but one said "no". All but one are targets.))

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    ((I remembered when i offered my protection. All but one said "no". All but one are targets.))
    ((Sure, but now you gave them something to need protection from. Besides, maybe they like the night god better than you))

Mythek at the party
    Mythek threw a bit of a tantrum at the stand selling frogs because he claimed they "had no frogs". The salesman didn't really have any proper response for this. Mythek then gave up and summoned some shrimp on a stick with wine sauce.
    "Ah, lovely, froglegs with chocolate sauce!"

He ate up the treat and then entered the temple. The big thing on his back was making awfully alarming sucking sounds now and it was even scaring the LOLcat Mythek was holding.

Corbaan at the party
    There was another party going on, in the swamp. It was very different from the party Cerus and his people had organised, yet strangely similar. There were several stalls where food was being sold, but no-one bothered paying. The food mostly consisted of travelers who had been foolish enough to enter the swamp, some apes and some other swamp animals. There were barely any vegetables.

There were several dishes with burning herbs in them, harvested in the swamp. They were inducing a strange mood in the apes. Corbaan was complaining to one of the apes at the stalls he'd wanted ape brains, not dog brains, even though that was exactly what the stand was selling. Corbaan grabbed the gorilla standing in front of him and smashed him into the rocks. He then janked off his head and took it with him, snacking out of it as he walked up to the open spot the apes had prepared.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-25 at 10:14 AM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Rakh-Ghoul looked at the mask, and quickly discerned their purpose. After politely handing them back, they proceeded, closing their nose-slits as they went.

Asmodeus, who had been overseeing the world through his different ways, learned of the disappearance of the demigod, and upon the description of the creatures by the villagers, his eyes narrowed. He had seen such creatures in the past. He appeared before Lacrimosus, still in his form of pure fire, which had taken on more definitive form, with a skull for a head, with demon-like horns, and long taloned hands. His feet were as hooves, and his fire was like a mane of fur and hair all about his form. His "eyes" narrowed, and the now-occurring heat billowing off of his form intensified. What is the meaning of the disappearances of two of the demigods. When the survivors spoke they spoke of your creatures, I inquisitioned one of their souls, he did not lie. I saw through his eyes, saw what he saw. It was YOUR servants who were responsible for the complete destruction of the demigods and all of his mortal followers, and it was the other one too wasn't it?
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-25 at 03:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Everyone

All that have no Divinus joining them receive one, and no more.

OOC EDIT : Hieararchs are the joining Divinus
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-03-25 at 09:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

The people too intoxicated to fear Asmodeus at the moment become enraged. The space directly in front of the stage, typically used for orchestras has become a miniature battlefield, only without weapons. Onlookers are entertained by this and raise their hands in the air(This), still headbanging to the beat of the band.
    "Come on Asmo, if you have a beef with this guy, wait till after the party. Look at the crowd, you're already a hit. Don't make me have to ruin it."

Spoiler
    Show
    about 200 agnostic keidran, although high as a kite right now, are now followers of Asmodeus, choosing to worship through concerts.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Everyone

Everyone notices a small increase of pro-god activity.

The Hierarchs are busily talking amonst themselves. Apparently something important is happening right now.

A mysterious, empty city is flying high above the planet Annam.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Banned

What is the meaning of the disappearances of two of the demigods. When the survivors spoke they spoke of your creatures, I inquisitioned one of their souls, he did not lie. I saw through his eyes, saw what he saw. It was YOUR servants who were responsible for the complete destruction of the demigods and all of his mortal followers, and it was the other one too wasn't it?
    Yes, it was I, but can we not talk of this here, at a celebration? Besides, only the followers in the city itself die. The rest are now godless and you, Great Lord, could be claiming them.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Fiery demon sneered, if such a thing were possible without lips, and spoke in its fiery voice once more Fine, I have already consolidated my power, we shall speak more of this another time And with that he thrust his hands high, and fire burst from them, spreading scorching the sky, and creating a rent, a scar, in it. Out from it came demons, though not too many in number, and they joined the drunken Keidran, dancing about and smashing into anything that got close, though not doing any serious harm... mostly. He then put his hands down, then brought them up, as though raising something, and cracks formed in the ground, at this point its clear that his actions are more theatrics than actual displays of power, for truly he could have done the same with barely a thought. Though none large enough to fall through, and souls, in the forms of ghosts and skeletons, climbed or rose out of it, and the cracks closed. You celebrate your way, and I will celebrate mine, surrounded by demons and the dead.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-25 at 05:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Banned

Asmodeus

The Fiery demon sneered, if such a thing were possible without lips, and spoke in its fiery voice once more Fine, I have already consolidated my power, we shall speak more of this another time And with that he thrust his hands high, and fire burst from them, spreading scorching the sky, and creating a rent, a scar, in it. Out from it came demons, though not too many in number, and they joined the drunken Keidran, dancing about and smashing into anything that got close, though not doing any serious harm... mostly. He then put his hands down, then brought them up, as though raising something, and cracks formed in the ground, at this point its clear that his actions are more theatrics than actual displays of power, for truly he could have done the same with barely a thought. Though none large enough to fall through, and souls, in the forms of ghosts and skeletons, climbed or rose out of it, and the cracks closed. You celebrate your way, and I will celebrate mine, surrounded by demons and the dead.
    Lacrimosus laughs, his voice turning hard. Ha ha ha ha ha. For all your might you are flash and show and spiteful rage. You think more divine power, our equivolent to bigger muscles and a larger sword, will save you from softly swung daggers? No. Your power is a waste, and it will not save you form The End.

Lacrimosus turns to the fox-girl that is with him and passes a hand before her eyes. She faints and as she falls he swoops his cloak over her, causing her body to dissapear. He holds his crystal rod up and then he too vanishes, simply ceasing to be without a flash or sound. The rod falls and stabs into the ground, ringing with a note so loud and disruptive that it shatters glass and causes nosebleeds to the nearby mortals.

((Lacrimosus has convinced himself that he is helping all the gods by killing any being with the potential to become a god and not serve another existing god beforehand. As the location-bound-semi-divine beings gain followers he makes a plan to eradicate them. He reacts strongly to implications that his actions are not the best course for every god.))
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-03-25 at 06:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus sneers, licking his massive fangs with a tongue that looked more like a stinger made of bone than a real tongue. He summons up an inky form, indistinguishable from the darkness. It was a shadow, a being of the Shadow Plane, it could not be seen by mortal or god, it could not be seen by anything. He had found it, while peering into the Shadow Realm, more by luck than skill... or subtle manipulation. Any way he got it, it was the perfect spy, and it would be unnoticeable by any but he. He drew back the flames from his hand, until only the tip of his long, bleached claw burned. He used it to etch a rune in the shadows forehead, which would bind it to his will permanently, and let him see what it saw, and hear what it heard. After a moment the rune disappeared, and he sent the Shadow to spy on Lacrimosus. Even had he retreated to his own realm he would not be able to detect the Shadow, and even if by some chance he was revealed, it would merely return to the plane of shadow.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythek at the party
    Mythek stood at the temple, where the other gods seemed to have gathered too. He placed the cat somewhere out of the crowd and started dancing in various bizarre ways along the beat, and sometimes simply ignoring the beat. He moonwalked, did the robot, the egyptian and that thing where you keep pointing your finger in the air. Then he looked as if he was having a seizure, but all that was still just part of the dance.

Corbaan at the party
    Corbaan stood at the open spot in the swamp, where the other apes seemed to have gathered too. He placed the skull he had been snacking out of somewhere out of the crowd and started a bizarre dance in which all the other apes followed him. most of the dance seemed to consist of running around the huge bonfire the apes had made in the centre of the circle, swaying around your arms and yelling a lot. All in all, they looked like they were having a seizure.

Last of the Mad Orcs
    Huurek sat on a stone, overviewing the night sky. Beneath him lay Burika, last resting place for all those of his tribe. They had come here in extacy, mad joy they had built up when destroying one of the greatest pieces of work men or even gods had ever done. Because that's what it was all about, complete and total destruction. They had moved onto Burika with little hope of surviving the fight. As they moved through the surrounding villages they knew that a big city had been near, and they had wished to go there and kill, and be killed. they had gotten what they wished for, but still Huurek was not pleased.

When the tribe had arrived in Burika there had barely been anyone left. The army had split up and gone out to try to keep the plague in control, leaving their women and children defenceless. Huurek and his tribe had gotten their hopes up. They'd slaughter this entire town and then move onto the next, perhaps to be as lucky there as here. But no, a woman had stood up to them. Sure, they'd killed plenty of women and children before she arrived with the palace guards, but not nearly as much blood was shed as they'd hoped. The Orcs had laughed when they saw a women was leading these men, but she had turned out to be the fiercest warrior of the pack. Huurek has seen two of his brothers being ripped to shreds by her bare hands. A princess, they called her, but she would be a Queen among the Orcs. The Orcs of old, at least. The orcs that were no more now that the plague had died out. Sure, the virus still nested in Huurek's soul, but he was the last, the very last.

Huurek had been the only survivor, running into the mountains more by reflex than by decision. His warriors had fled too, eventually, but outside the gates an army had been waiting for them, wearing towering suits and shooting fire out of their hands. Huurek had no respect for these men. A real battle was fought hand to hand, not from a distance. He'd had no respect for the Orc archers that had been all the rage lately, but he certainly didn't have any for these wizards. Huurek looked at the landscape and saw a city, far away, where many lights were burning and the beat of the music reached him even here. He knew this was where the wizards had come from. Cowardly folk.

And then there was the swamp, off in a totally different direction, miles away from any city or traderoute. Still, there too burned a fire. It was big enough to look like a forest fire, but Huurek had been watching for long and he knew it didn't move.

He had a perfect view over the world from here, which was one of the reasons he'd stayed. Another was the strange bond he felt with the so called princess. He wanted vengeance for his people, even though it wasn't justified, but that was just the way his little brain worked, and he knew this, he'd studied it. It was as if some small little bit of his brain held a locked up prisoner, a part of him, who's voice was faint and weak and hardly to be heard above all the battlecries, but still there, and the more he focused the more he could hear him. Specially on nights like these, when the orb stood high in the sky. It probably wasn't called an ord, but that's how Huurek called it. It had appeared in the times of the plague and made a very strange path through the sky. Every time it was there, Huurek felt clearer, and some other feeling surfaced for the princess. Feelings of love. An alien emotion to the violent Orc.

His feelings never changed about the city of the wizards though. They all ought to be extinct. Maybe he would leave one alive. See how he liked it, being the last...
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Barbarian in the Playground

That is another diamond Shroud.
    Good that means only 20 more to go. See I told you guys if we took the diamonds during the party, no one would care or notice. So get looking for more diamonds.
    Yes boss.

Nightmare Realm Lord Xlytle Palace of Fear
    Well, This is very interesting.
    What is sir?
    Asmodeus has found some thing odd. Now why couldn't I see what it did. Well I, find out someday. Oh and I found you Boggy. Those lessons in seeing a essences paid off. Even if I couldn't see anything for over 20 years. Now I can see about everything. Well, everything I'm looking at. Ok maybe not that well from that far away but there is something. So Boggy, what do you say about heading to Lacrimosus Realm.
    Well I rather not go there.
    MMMmmmm...
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-03-25 at 08:23 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

[OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm, the whole point of that thing is you aren't supposed to know its there. If you had been watching me, all you would have seen is my writing an arcane rune in thin air. Also its just a shadow. No fear involved, just a creature of pure shadow, from the plane of elemental shadow (where the god of shadow and magic now resides)

21. - Top - End - #621

OCC: I will change it. But He was watching you and he can guess about things. I said he is mad, he is not dumb, he is very smart. And has over 100 in spellcraft.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: (Still its not something you can really "guess" I mean I didn't do anything specific to betray the presence of the shadow. I mean you could speculate, but really unless you can identify the rune (unlikely as it wasn't something even other gods would know) you can't really know I was doing anything to another creature. and even if you COULD, I don't need to be standing right there doing it to the actual creature for it to take effect, but carving the rune into its essence works so much better, and the last thing I want is for a creature of subtlety and shadow somehow slipping out of my control.)

23. - Top - End - #623

OOC: has magic domain, is very good at it. And Spellcraft can let you identity what spells others are casting.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: (well, besides the fact that this isn't D&D, (I.E. spellcraft doesn't really DO anything) you're skill with magic doesn't matter as its not magic you'd be familiar with. Its demon magic, and demon magic only I would know because I created it. Its only "magic" in the most basic of forms too, its merely an expression of his own power through a different force, allowing him (and demons) to maximize on their inherent power by wielding their inherent power in different fashions, one of those fashions is making runes. Runes, are sigils that invoke certain aspects of a demons power, for example the rune I made would probably be a mixture of the effects it has- dominating the shadow, seeing through its eyes, hearing what it hears etc. all in the form of a mark, thats written in a "language" I made for the demons. so you'd basically have to know a powerful language only demons know to even know what the rune does, let alone know what its effecting where as its not written in)

25. - Top - End - #625
    Banned

((Interesting spy. Lacrimosus wont be able to find it. At least not right away. But i can think of two ways it can be stopped off of the top of my head. Make that three. No, four, but the last one is extremely unlikely.))

26. - Top - End - #626

OOC: fine but I can still see the rune. And I'll try and fine out what it is.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: *fine, find out a near useless peace of information which will have absolutely no way to relate to my true purpose for using it. I could have used it on ANYTHING, ANYWHERE. Hell, it could have made it to a gods realm (although it would be weak and its intentions would probably be quickly discovered so its not really worth it at all) And just FYI, I'll notice if the demons who know how to use this language go missing, being as they are a select few I taught personally)

28. - Top - End - #628

OOC: ok, what ever, no need to get pushy to me. Like Xlyte is ever going to tell anyone, other then people who work for him. And he doesn't know what that means and he doesn't care.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    ((Interesting spy. Lacrimosus wont be able to find it. At least not right away. But i can think of two ways it can be stopped off of the top of my head. Make that three. No, four, but the last one is extremely unlikely.))
    OOC:(I'll take those chances. And mind you, its pretty much invisible to everyone who doesn't know just what to look for (again my guy saw it by "chance" only, he was surprised and wasted no time using it to his own benefit) unless it reveals itself (something it won't do unless I tell it to, which would be pretty stupid) and there's a goodly chance I'm secretly being manipulated by the shadow god or some shadow-lord in the Plane of Shadows.)

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    OOC: ok, what ever, no need to get pushy to me. Like Xlyte is ever going to tell anyone, other then people who work for him. And he doesn't know what that means and he doesn't care.
    OOC: (I'm not being pushy, I'm telling you the truth. You can find out if you want. but its not going to reveal any pertinent information, and its only gonna get Asmodeus pissed off at you)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-25 at 08:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630

OOC
    You say you push back at people when you think they are pushing at you. And you were "very no, no, no. You can't see this thing at all." That seemed very pushy
    also he still wouldn't care if Asmodeus gets made at him.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show