New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

I have you all beaten in terms of family size. On my Dad's side there's my Dad. On my Mum's side there's her, one uncle and two cousins.
    Yeah... small family.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    I have you all beaten in terms of family size. On my Dad's side there's my Dad. On my Mum's side there's her, one uncle and two cousins.
    Yeah... small family.
    My wife's side: Dad, Mom, 1 aunt, and 1 sister.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Yeah... small family.
    *suddenly realizes he has a big family*
    I have like umm, three aunts and one uncle on my mothers side alone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #184

I have a big enough family on my Dad's side, 1 uncle, 1 aunt, (used to be 2 until last year ) and their families. (just kids for aunt) I only have one sister though, and I want my kids to have a big extended family... Guess I'll have to marry a girl with plenty of siblings. The girl I'm interested in now has like 5 :P
    Last edited by Zakama; 2008-12-24 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, Im spending the night at my aunt's house, we0ll be probably 10, no more than that, we are a small family, at least from my father's side. By the way, 9:45 minutes for christmas
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    If this is hyper-Koorli...I'm not sure I want to see caffinated hyper-Koorli...
    Noone has ever seen hyper - Koorli. Ever. And I hate coffee, so caffinated hper - Koorli doesn't exist.

On large families. I have some sixty or seventy relations, all bar *counts* twelve live within twenty miles. Actually, forty - five live within five miles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    On large families. I have some sixty or seventy relations, all bar *counts* twelve live within twenty miles. Actually, forty - five live within five miles.

You probably win the thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    One of my cousins already has a kid.
    I at 17 am the oldest of all the cousins, making that highly unlikely

Or, if it were to happen, sad.

We seem to have our families in bursts - age clusters. My cousins on my dad's side:

Weird, huh?

We've also got some honorary family members who I call my cousins. I guess if you count them, that adds another seven, two of whom ARE older than I. One is married and one is engaged. so children-of-cousins ARE possible.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-12-24 at 12:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my brother an I are the older ones from 6 cousins having 19 years myself(20 in exactly 1 month from this day) and 14 my brother. My cousins have 9, 8, 8 and 7.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

I guess i come from a decent size family, on my mom's side were fairly small, just 3 aunts and uncles and 2 cousins, but on my dad's side i have still only 2 uncles, but including my sister we have 9 siblings. and we all get together around this time, and its rather fun, because heaven knows my sister isn't .

-UGNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    It's not depressing, it's the playground.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Meep! Big families.

My immediate family hosts for Christmas and we've got the whole family here most years (this year being a very odd exception). Maternal grandmother, paternal grandparents, both sets of aunts and uncles, and my three first cousins... and that's everyone.

Speaking of cousins though, I love them so much. The oldest is 11 now, her brother is 8 (I think), and my third cousin is 5. They say some of the most amusing things and I really wish I could be around them a little more. Oh, and the 8 year old noticed that a quote on my shirt was from The Dark Knight (even though the shirt was from a comic), which was just awesome.

"Mathematics is a dangerous profession; an appreciable proportion of us goes mad." - John Littlewood

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I at 17 am the oldest of all the cousins, making that highly unlikely

Or, if it were to happen, sad.

We seem to have our families in bursts - age clusters. My cousins on my dad's side:

Weird, huh?

We've also got some honorary family members who I call my cousins. I guess if you count them, that adds another seven, two of whom ARE older than I. One is married and one is engaged. so children-of-cousins ARE possible.
    My oldest cousin is 30 I think and my youngest I think around 7.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

13. - Top - End - #193

I'm the 4th oldest from my father's side and the 6th oldest from my mother's side. Also from my mother's side the oldest cousin is married and has a 9 month old baby. My youngest cousin is to be born in february.

14. - Top - End - #194

I'm the eldest pretty much across the family. Also, being recently married, that means I'm the prime target for the "when are you going have kids?" barrage

If they weren't my family...

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm the eldest pretty much across the family. Also, being recently married, that means I'm the prime target for the "when are you going have kids?" barrage

If they weren't my family...
    You and me both brother. We get that all the damn time.

Makes both of us we had continued living in sin and annoying her family.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

This year is going to be fairly low-key, as are all my most recent Christmases.

Immediate, local family. Small tree. Gifts.

Freezing our tails off.

Dang it, I'm shivering as I write this. Did my 13 years of living in North Carolina really leave no effect on my environmental tolerances?
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

All my relatives on my dad's side are in NY(C), so I really rarely get to see them. For Christmas its just my immediate family, aunt/uncle/cousin, and my grandma.

And ugh. All day so far it feels like I didn't sleep at all. I can hardly keep my eyes open right now.

And I had a number of weird dreams. One where I was either aware of a previous dream or it was a dream in a dream. Except it was like I was trying to remember a dream to relate a weird coincidence from said dream to something "irl" which... is like "irl" but when you're dreaming...

And it involved Joanna Newsom, but I think only Amotis could appreciate that. xD

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    You and me both brother. We get that all the damn time.

Makes both of us we had continued living in sin and annoying her family.
    ...and apparently "Over my dead body" is considered a rude answer...

I really, really hate that question.

19. - Top - End - #199

...and apparently "Over my dead body" is considered a rude answer...
    Well, How are you going to make babies if you're dead?

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by LordRod View Post
    Well, How are you going to make babies if you're dead?
    Well, a simple "We're not" just doesn't seem to get the point across and just leads to 20 minutes of "But you've got to" and "You'd make such a good father!"

I'd rather shove a rabid cat down my pants...

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    And I had a number of weird dreams. One where I was either aware of a previous dream or it was a dream in a dream. Except it was like I was trying to remember a dream to relate a weird coincidence from said dream to something "irl" which... is like "irl" but when you're dreaming...
    Last night I had a dream that me, Ghost_Warlock, Happyturtle, and RHL were standing in an alleyway. It was pouring rain, and I had lost the key to my apartment. So Ghost_Warlock hoisted me up to the fire-escape ladder to my building so I could break into my own apartment. But the steps were cold, metal, and extremely slippery from the rain. So I was climbing, trying to get everybody out of the rain, and the three below were yelling up encouragements at me.

Weird...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-24 at 01:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Well, the conundrum with parents is, the kind of parents who have kids (typically) are the parents that have a strong desire to perpetuate their species, family line, etc. Usually, this is a pretty internal, emotional drive rather than a logical one, so there's no way to combat it with logic. It'd be like throwing rocks at a charging hippo.

Anyway, these parents had kids, and that fulfilled a deep emotional need for them. Now, they want you to have alllll the same bliss and fulfillment, while satisfying (by proxy) their desire to see new life created in their family.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

At least you didn't slip and die in the dream.

...Reproduction is weird, that is the truth. Lousy cost-benefit analysis of when to do it too.

So it's raining. The day before christmas, it is raining. This is going to freeze and on christmas day when I'm off having to Glog it up, the frozen roadway will arise in all its glassy, mirrory evil and smite me...

^: Plus, I think there's some kind of genetic drive to at least ensure that one's offspring successfully reproduce as well, in order to truly have done the job right of ensuring genetic survival.

V: on the other hand, if you're doubting your abilities to be a good parent, you'll be more aware of what you're doing and catch on to your faults more quickly/easily than someone who never doubts their abilities and charges in blindly. Choice is key though. I'm just muddling around, don't mind me.

Spoiler
    Show
    One of my friend's boyfriends is trying to get her to have a baby with him when both of them are deep in debt and she's seriously considering stripping as a third job to get out of the hole. And yet he's deadset against marriage in a similar sort of way.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-24 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #204

I just think the question is unbelieveably rude, to be frank. Depending on whom you're asking it could also be hurtful.

I also think that children deserve nothing less than two loving, devoted parents who actually wanted to have children. If you have any doubts about having children or what kind of parent you might be, you shouldn't have children.

But that's enough from this child-hating misanthrope.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

This more or less goes without saying, Cristo, but your position is entirely warranted and completely reasonable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

/begin quotestorm

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Noone has ever seen hyper - Koorli. Ever. And I hate coffee, so caffinated hyper - Koorli doesn't exist.
    HyperKoorli - a lot like Speedy Gonzales except -Mexican stereotypes and +iambic pentameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    And ugh. All day so far it feels like I didn't sleep at all. I can hardly keep my eyes open right now.

Poor Ego. You'll probably spend the day wondering whether you're a butterfly dreaming that you're a philosopher (silly conundrum really, butterflies don't get Xmas prezzies )

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    At least you didn't slip and die in the dream.

...Reproduction is weird, that is the truth. Lousy cost-benefit analysis of when to do it too.

Richard Dawkins
    will be around later to bellow drunkenly in a Santa hat while drinking pikey cider. He does that to people.

I also think that children deserve nothing less than two loving, devoted parents who actually wanted to have children. If you have any doubts about having children or what kind of parent you might be, you shouldn't have children.
    +1 this. If you're going to have anklebiters at least have two of you around to keep track of the skittery little beasties. They get into everything!

Annoyingly children seem to find me fascinating. It's like Father Jack and rabbits, only with more rusks. ..

I had one little chap try to steal my glasses in a shop queue the other day (the look of grim determination on his tiny Winston Churchill face as he REEEEAAAAACHED for them was priceless).

/quotestorm

@v: Twobit! I've been out in the world taking a kicking from the silver horde who want *that* for their Ethel and getting stuck behind every drooling, inbred luddite at the cash machine. I like Christmas, I hate what it does to people.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-12-24 at 01:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

I find it amazing that parents generally find a way to get more irritating as you get older.

Maybe I will understand when I have half genetic copies of myself messing up the world even more.

Edit: @Boss, What's going on!?!?! Haven't seen you in ages!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-24 at 01:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

And up there I pop in and wish you a happy Christmas...

My children already unpacked and we are playing the new Wii Mario Kart
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...I am amused, and really shouldn't be by this Trampoclaus thing, Boss.

*sobs at his own weakness* ...Actually, this is reminding me of the Bum reviewing the Twilight Movie.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #210

Hm, my oldest cousin has a book published, he has followed a local basketball team for a year, going to all their games and done some interviews. Its not really my kind of thing, but im reading it anyway. But in any case, its good to know that while I’m hoping to get something good on paper one day, and perhaps even get it published there are people I know very well doing the same and getting it done. He’s a few years older then me, so its something that gives me hope in a way.
    Oh and having people asking if that book they saw was written by family of mine is a nice thing.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis