New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    how long has it been since someone posted in FFF?
    Yesterday, 09:40 AM When you posted your last comic (it's show just above the avatar of the poster) :plushspider:
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yesterday, 09:40 AM When you posted your last comic (it's show just above the avatar of the poster) :plushspider:
    I was dropping hints.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Load of new tropes again! Darn, it seems like I am hooked on finding new ones for the page. Spooky...

Ax Crazy: Some of the cast are oughtright insane or just hell bent on slaqughtering everything in sight

An Axe To Grind: Used many times, mostly by mooks or minor characters

Annoying Arrows: Characters shot with arrows usually ignore them, and to the date nothing but mooks have fallen to bowfire in ABR

Battle Aura: Many characters in ABR sport this when taking a level in badass,or are daemonic, super-powered or othervice supernatural combatants

Dual Wielding: Many characters dual-wield their weapons, some up the ante by adding in some Chainsaw Good and automatic targeting systems...

Hyperspace Arsenal: Apparently many characters make use of such. Mechafox has hat that functions as this, and Grim Ranger uses spell to achieve similiar effect.

Mooks: Make appereances in many, many combat scenes.

Shout out: Far, far too many to possibly list.

Omnicidal Maniac: Vert Doom, debatably Nameless (as he is the grim reaper of the setting) and Q

Clean Cut: Has happened quite much in random kills and sometimes even in actual story

Magnificent Bastard: Ins is seemingly shaping into one, manipulating all the nations in the world (bar the rebels) to form world goverment...led by himself. Q is another fine example, achieving feats of magnificent bastardy (without his god-like powers, I might add) frequently and with style
    Added all of these.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Banned

Theres nothing there to describe X2, he's not omnipotent, he just knows enough homebrew spells to end the world 3 times.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Theres nothing there to describe X2, he's not omnipotent, he just knows enough homebrew spells to end the world 3 times.
    ...yet he still don't have anything what could teleport him back home...
    (Absolutely forgot to welcome you here, sorry)

Anyway, I finally have enough time to make a FFF comic so if nobody is going to move the plot, I could do that by myself (because I already have an idea)
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-04-08 at 06:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1116

HalfOrcPirate

I still fail to realize how a penguin survived a nuclear bomb by simply healing himself. But, I'm just an annoying/annoyed person. The explanation makes partial sense, though. Amnesia and so much pain you can't feel it...
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

I just noticed something. Rememebr has a #@%$!ing TV Tropes page!

I want a TV TROPES PAGE! :envious:

Somebody! Tell me how to create a page for My Name is Q! Quickly! NOW!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    NEVER!
    Quick! X2, blow up the world to distract him or something! We can't let him make it to TVtropes! It would mean the end of everything as we know it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

9. - Top - End - #1119

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    I still fail to realize how a penguin survived a nuclear bomb by simply healing himself. But, I'm just an annoying/annoyed person. The explanation makes partial sense, though. Amnesia and so much pain you can't feel it...
    There is a lot of things behind it what I don't want reveal yet but which you can atleast notice by now.......for example, why in place where are suposed to be lungs and ribs is only a large bone, or how you can get amnesia if brain didn't felt a thing...

edit: someone have a crazy theory? Hmm?
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-04-08 at 06:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120

I just noticed something. Rememebr has a #@%$!ing TV Tropes page!

I want a TV TROPES PAGE! :envious:

To create a page, just put the name of the page you want to make in the place of the page you're currently on in the URL, like this:

Replace: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tropes

With: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MyNameIsQ

Actually, you can just use the one I just linked to, I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    To create a page, just put the name of the page you want to make in the place of the page you're currently on in the URL, like this:

Replace: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tropes

With: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MyNameIsQ

Actually, you can just use the one I just linked to, I guess.
    Wow. Thank you.

Now how do I edit my new TV tropes page?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Just click the 'edit page' button. It's at the top.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Banned

NEVER!
    Quick! X2, blow up the world to distract him or something! We can't let him make it to TVtropes! It would mean the end of everything as we know it!
    But... I like the world...

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    There is a lot of things behind it what I don't want reveal yet but which you can atleast notice by now.......for example, why in place where are suposed to be lungs and ribs is only a large bone, or how you can get amnesia if brain didn't felt a thing...

edit: someone have a crazy theory? Hmm?
    You know, it often happen that horrible trauma (including the pain of nukes which bombard the brain with stuff that normally means "it's over" which it normally won't/can't let you feel because it's too much) cause amnesia to protect the subject (in this case you) from the memory (those are very Chtullu/big insanity god-like) the organs also burn fast (plus they're thiner so when you still have the flesh and therefore your shape, you might have been burned inside so only the bones are visible) the hair is just the same Hollywood effect as the clothes in many movies (they're never THAT burned)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Banned

Huzzah! I made up some stuff (on the spot) about X2's signature spell "Explosion Array". It has variants but I'll write about those later.

Explosion Array:
    Around the target a bright shimmering circle fades into view. A sigil in the middle of said circle burns brightly for a fraction of a second before exploding sending debris and smoke in all directions
    Reflex Modifier to Save: (10 + Wizard Level, + Int Modifier) Succesful save ignores spell damage.
    Spell Damage: 1d6 per spell level of caster
    Debris Damage: Varies depending on surface the spell is cast
    Sand: 1d3 per caster level
    Soil: 2d3 per caster level
    Wood: 1d8 per caster level
    Stone: 1d10 per caster level

Its rough, but hey, it was made on the spot and I've never written anything homebrew before. I still have to write about how high targets fly up.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-09 at 04:17 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Huzzah! I made up some stuff (on the spot) about X2's signature spell "Explosion Array". It has variants but I'll write about those later.

Explosion Array:
    Around the target a bright shimmering circle fades into view. A sigil in the middle of said circle burns brightly for a fraction of a second before exploding sending debris and smoke in all directions
    Reflex Modifier to Save: (10 + Wizard Level, + Int Modifier) Succesful save ignores spell damage.
    Spell Damage: 1d6 per spell level of caster
    Debris Damage: Varies depending on surface the spell is cast
    Sand: 1d3 per caster level
    Soil: 2d3 per caster level
    Wood: 1d8 per caster level
    Stone: 1d10 per caster level

Its rough, but hey, it was made on the spot and I've never written anything homebrew before. I still have to write about how high targets fly up.
    Still it didn't really work on Silver and you don't have to be entirely based on D&D (some characters aren't at all) but nice job
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-04-09 at 04:28 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Banned

Oh yeah... It's also an Evocation spell although it goes without saying.

Places Not To Use It:
    A Boat
    A Space Ship
    A Whale Tank

Variations:
    Implosion Array (less demoloshing effects)
    Mass Explosion Array (targets groups)
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-09 at 04:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Sinister, why doesn't Skimmer have any eyes?

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Sinister, why doesn't Skimmer have any eyes?
    She does have eyes...

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

She does have eyes...
    They are hard to see in sinister's comics
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Banned

Any thoughts on how to distribute airbourne effects? Explosion Array does send folks flying.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Any thoughts on how to distribute airbourne effects? Explosion Array does send folks flying.
    You don't need all that, just show people being thrown away when you use it.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-04-09 at 06:58 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think that's strictly necessary; Slayers d20 already exists, despite people telling me the mechanics aren't very good.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134

Wait! Does this mean if I yell at someone loud enough it will chop off their head? I have to try this. Yes, I know it was a magical shout, but still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

25. - Top - End - #1135

HalfOrcPirate

She does have eyes...
    Skimmer is a guy.

I never knew a penguin was so powerful, being able to one-shot about six shades, even though they are among the most powerful beings in existence. I'm grumpy, so I'm going to whine. Wah wah wah wah wah, I'm whining. Whine whine whine. [/whine]
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-04-09 at 08:43 AM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

26. - Top - End - #1136

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Skimmer is a guy.
    Um...

Skimmer is a girl
    -skimmer-(me) is a guy
    <_<
    >_>
    you should know that..
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Um...

Skimmer is a girl
    -skimmer-(me) is a guy
    <_<
    >_>
    you should know that..
    It get's confusing after a while
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #1138

HalfOrcPirate

Dah! *Facepalm.* I'm your nemesis, Skimmer -skimmer-! I should have known that!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    I don't think that's strictly necessary; Slayers d20 already exists, despite people telling me the mechanics aren't very good.
    I just put it in DnD, its also not indentical, just very very similair.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    The spellcasting mechanics are really good. I think I'll try and convince my gaming group to try it as a variant rule when they get over their ****ing obsession with Warhammer 40K minis.

I just put it in DnD, its also not indentical, just very very similair.
    It is designed to work with D&D 3.5 . It has variant rules but it is D&D. Made by the same guys that created BESM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars