New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    There's no reason to be in power when you are power.
    *is promptly used by various nuclear-weapon wielding folk*
    Whee, to be luv-ved.
    *acknowledges Fred's compliment*
    You shall now die slightly later than previously decided.
    Yay! I'd do a victory dance but I'm worried that it may undo the effects of my earlier statement.
    Also, in regards to FFRP, the dromes can do whatever you want them to do to Johnny, just leave some pieces for me to pick up and build a character out of.

EDIT: Ah yes, it has been a while since I have read any books by Douglas Adams. I think I was 10 when I read THHGtG (Yay for acronyms). Then I read the other books in that series, the names of which escape me. Except for The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:58 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I'm kind of like Fred, in that I don't take many risks. It may be partly because of fear of failure, but I think it's more because of a lack of effort on my part. I'm the kind of guy who gets straight As in school without putting in much work or effort, and I guess that kind of mindset just carried over into the rest of my life. Only with less spectacular results. I basically just coast through life without doing anything meaningful.
    Sounds kinda like me... problem being that having reached uni, now I actually do need to put in effort to get top marks, so I need to change my whole attitude.

Regarding world-ruling: I'm not in power. But I could be if I wanted. Why do you think I'm still here? The rulers of the world allow me to live because they fear what would happen if they antagonise me...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

In FFRP terms, I'd never destroy someone so utterly they can't be played. 'Sides, those dromes are full. And all other OOC FFRP talk should be posted in the appropriate FFRP OOC thread, not here.

And, yes. Your hypothesized victory dance has now caused your immediate sentencing.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Regarding world-ruling: I'm not in power. But I could be if I wanted. Why do you think I'm still here? The rulers of the world allow me to live because they fear what would happen if they antagonise me...
    You still live because I like you, that's all.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

In FFRP terms, I'd never destroy someone so utterly they can't be played. 'Sides, those dromes are full. And all other OOC FFRP talk should be posted in the appropriate FFRP OOC thread, not here.

And, yes. Your hypothesized victory dance has now caused your immediate sentencing.
    Okay, I'll make sure to do that in the future. Thanks for understanding. You aren't as evil as you make yourself out to be you know. I reckon that the whole "evil" thing is just a front and that you're actually a really nice person. Even if you do say you're planning my death.

Also, I'm not afraid of you, you don't know who Van Roekel is!
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

*was about to say something, but worries it's against forum rules*
    *merely logs off, with a cheery ta-ra! being dispensed to all those here*
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    @Sneak: I on the other hand work hard for my grades. Mainly because I have always been told that potential and talent are nothing if you don't use them correctly. Which involves hard work and years of suffering.
    That's probably better in the long run, though. Because if you're capable of that kind of hard work, there are lots of things you can do.

Sounds kinda like me... problem being that having reached uni, now I actually do need to put in effort to get top marks, so I need to change my whole attitude.
    Well, good luck with that.

Wait, does that mean I'll have to do that to?

Crap.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

*was about to say something, but worries it's against forum rules*
    *merely logs off, with a cheery ta-ra! being dispensed to all those here*
    Bye bye Kaelaroth. See you soon.
    *Waves goodbye*
    I'm in a really good mood now.

Thanks Sneak. *Two thumbs up* (Not a reference to Typhoo Tea)
    Unfortunately, I have a good 5 to 10 years of educational suffering before I begin the real pain of seeking and remaining in employment.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

Oh, it's absolutely against forum rules. PM time!

I accept the re-appearance of Gezina as adequate punishment for having snarked at Slayer Draco a few days ago. Afterwards Slayer Draco insinuated Blues Brothers, epitome of laid-back cool, while settling into the geeky amusement of a long weekend of video gaming, and made it work, and I failed to compliment her then. Oh, I accept it utterly, and disbelieve. There is no such thing as karma, and yet, arranging matters so that a thread of karma might unite them gives me peace in the lie.

Death and dreams, that was my belief system in one phrase. A lie is a dream. Still need to make some provision for the immutability of the past, though. All that which dies was once alive and always will have been.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

EDIT: Ah yes, it has been a while since I have read any books by Douglas Adams. I think I was 10 when I read THHGtG (Yay for acronyms). Then I read the other books in that series, the names of which escape me. Except for The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
    Read? Is that all? You know that the best way to enjoy Hitchhikers is to listen to the radioplay. It's fantastic.

Go buy the CD or download it on iTunes.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Read? Is that all? You know that the best way to enjoy Hitchhikers is to listen to the radioplay. It's fantastic.

Never actually heard the original radio series. I've read the scripts though.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

I would totally agree if the style of humor used in the series wasn't horrible.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

(...) I accept the re-appearance of Gezina as adequate punishment (...)
    ٩๏̯͡๏

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

I've watched the movie. It was good, but not as good as the books.
    The true joy is in reading and literature anyway. I don't need someone reading a book to me when I can read it myself thankyou very much.
    Also, I don't have iTunes. I may look into the CD though. Maybe.

EDIT: I have a song stuck in my head now, the one that goes "Why do birds, suddenly appear. Everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be, close to you". Weird yet strangely enjoyable, mainly because of the peace.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 09:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

The true joy is in reading and literature anyway. I don't need someone reading a book to me when I can read it myself thankyou very much.
    The books are not quite the same as the radioplay, though. I don't recall the exact differences, since I could never read it past book 1.

I still want that two hours of my life back.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The books are not quite the same as the radioplay, though. I don't recall the exact differences, since I could never read it past book 1.

I still want that two hours of my life back.
    Unless you have a time machine then you never will.
    *The TARDIS appears out of nowhere*
    Wow, what a crazy random happen-stance. What are the chances of that?
    *Hands TRD the keys to The TARDIS*
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I'm kind of like Fred, in that I don't take many risks. It may be partly because of fear of failure, but I think it's more because of a lack of effort on my part. I'm the kind of guy who gets straight As in school without putting in much work or effort, and I guess that kind of mindset just carried over into the rest of my life. Only with less spectacular results. I basically just coast through life without doing anything meaningful.
    I don't mean to be offensive, but doesn't it bug you a little? I'm personally the "get up and go" type, and it's never to early to start "acheiveing".

But, hey, however people want to live their lives is fine with me, so long as they don't hurt, physically or emotionally, others in the process. And I know you're not the type to do that
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

18. - Top - End - #348

*Hands TRD the keys to The TARDIS*
    Oi. NO. I've got a whole 12 - 18 step plan based around having a TARDIS. Give me those keys!
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Oi. NO. I've got a whole 12 - 18 step plan based around having a TARDIS. Give me those keys!

Okay, how about this:
    Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: TRD has the TARDIS
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday: Thufir has the TARDIS.
    Sunday: Fred has the TARDIS.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #350

I've watched the movie. It was good, but not as good as the books.
    Also, I don't have iTunes. I may look into the CD though. Maybe.
    No, there are a few things you must know.

First, the radioplay is NOT an audiobook. It is an actual play, performed on the radio. In fact, it was a majorly successful radioplay that was produced after radioplays were declared dead. Think of it as a movie without any pictures, the narrator sets out some of the scenes and the actors actually act them out, your imagination makes up the rest.

Second, the radioplay came first, before the books. The first two books were written from the radioplay seasons one and two. The characters ended up doing the same things, but they did them for different reasons and... in a different order.

Third, the movie was so-so, the tv series was also so-so, the book was fantastic but the radioplay was even better.

While the book is good, the radioplay is by far the best way to enjoy Hitchhikers.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

First, the Radioplay is NOT an audiobook. It is an actual play, performed on the radio. In fact, it was a majorly successful radioplay that was produced after radioplays were declared dead. Think of it as a movie without any pictures, the narrator sets out some of the scenes and the actors actually act them out, your imagination makes up the rest.

Second, the radioplay came first, before the books. The first two books were written from the radioplay seasons one and two. The characters ended up doing the same things, but they did them for different reasons and... in a different order.

Third, the movie was so-so, the tv series was also so-so, the book was fantastic but the radioplay was even better.

While the book is good, the radioplay is by far the best way to enjoy Hitchhikers.
    I shall look into it then. My interest has been piqued.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

First, the radioplay is NOT an audiobook. It is an actual play, performed on the radio. In fact, it was a majorly successful radioplay that was produced after radioplays were declared dead. Think of it as a movie without any pictures, the narrator sets out some of the scenes and the actors actually act them out, your imagination makes up the rest.

The foreword of my copy the hitchhiker's guide series supports your claim.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

23. - Top - End - #353

No no no. The best way to enjoy Hitchhiker's is to read the books, watch the film AND listen to the radioplay, in whatever order you feel like.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #354

No no no. The best way to enjoy Hitchhiker's is to read the books, watch the film AND listen to the radioplay, in whatever order you feel like.
    What about the TV series? The live-action stage play? The audiobooks*?

*Yes, there are audiobooks as well as the radioplay.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

I've listened to the radioplay (which is awesome) and seen the movie (which is passable), but I haven't read the books.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

I... did not like the TV series. At all.
    This avatar by Phase.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Bugbear in the Playground

I love the books, and also the TV and radio serieses (serei?). I think the books are my favourite, though.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

28. - Top - End - #358

I don't recall anything in the TV series that wasn't in the books or the radioplay. It was OK, but I can take it or leave it really.
    The other two I didn't know existed.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

I keep thinking we're talking about War of the Worlds here. I loved that radioplay.

Goooodbye, Thunderchild...

edit: and on that note, I'm off to bed! Good night everybody, live long and prosper!
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-12 at 10:21 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

I keep thinking we're talking about War of the Worlds here. I loved that radioplay.

Goooodbye, Thunderchild...

edit: and on that note, I'm off to bed! Good night everybody, live long and prosper!
    G'night Felix. Sleep tight, don't let the zombie-bugs bite.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle