New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Harry Potter Universe W/W Game (Recruiting Till Sept 20th)

Okidoki, seems like there will be less than thirty players soooo
    in as Crucio Canterbury, a man who likes to be called 'John'

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

The name's John Smith, good fellows.

...What's that? Well, no, I'm not this "Barty Crouch" you guys are talking about. Just John Smith. And I've got this... wand... that glows blue. Yes, I am the wizard John Smith.

In other words, In. Might as well have some more fun roleplaying...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

What the hell. In.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Ok guys only one more day left to join the game. Recruiting closes tonight at midnight aka 11:59 pm CST Sept 20th, 2009.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess I join...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll guess I'll join too.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Recruiting has officially ended. All players will receive a role pm sometime today and the opening post will start in this thread. Now for some much deserved sleep.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

In a dank room in the basement of a musty old manor Severus Snape kneels, head bowed. Sweat tickles his scalp as the minutes pass, threatening to drip into his eyes, but he dares not move or make a sound. Men (and women) have been killed for far less than bringing such dire news to Lord Voldemort. They have also been handsomely rewarded for much the same. He sometimes wonders how he ever came to serve such a capricious master.

The Dark Lord contemplates Snape's message, hands steepled before him, eyes locked unseeingly upon the bowed head of the messenger; he is deep in thought. Finally his rasping voice whispers into the silence, "You are certain, Severus? Those were the exact words? 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches? Born to those who have thrice defied him? Born as the seventh month dies?' Those were the exact words the woman spoke to Dumbledore?"

Snape, startled by the voice so suddenly breaking the long silence, glances up at the pasty face above him then quickly back down. In a trembling voice he replies, "Yes Lord, her exact words, and spoken in such a voice as I have never before heard...."

"You, Severus, could not be expected to have heard a true prophesy before, I however am familiar with such."

"Then it is true? Not just babbling to impress Dumbledore?"

"Oh yes. Sybill, it seems, is finally living up to her famed ancestress' blood after all - and we all thought she was such a talentless thing. Perhaps she warrants further attention in future. Oh, stand Severus stand, you have done extremely well indeed, and shall choose your reward for this information."

A wave of relief sweeps Snape and he fights off both euphoria and a feeling of faintness as he rises. "What is to be done then Lord? The seventh month is half over now. The threat clearly comes from one quarter. Command me Lord and I shall deliver Alice Longbottom to you this very night."

Voldemort's high uncanny laughter fills the chamber, "Is that what you think, Severus? Alice Longbottom? I doubt her unborn child will even be wizard, much less a threat to me. No, no."

Fear sweeps Snape at his master's word's, yet he stammeringly persists, "B...but Lord, you said the pr...prophesy was true; 'those who have thrice defied him' must surely p...point to the Longbottoms and thus their child..."

"You know as well as I do that the prophesy can mean only the child expected by your old 'love' Lily Evans. What?" looking into Snape's suddenly blanched face, "did you think Lord Voldemort did not know? Your weakness for a woman of such base origins betrays you. You amuse me Severus. Still, I shall bide my time for now. Certain though it is that the Potter child is the One of the prophesy, I shall observe what the end of 'the seventh month' brings, eh Severus?"

The cruel smile cuts him as Snape burns inwardly with anger, fear and embarrassment. He let's nothing show on his mien, however, and carefully schools his thoughts lest he further betray himself to his master, "You are correct, as always, my Lord, on all counts, but you did mention I might choose a reward? If I might be forgiven the weakness of acknowledging a lingering remnant of a school boy infatuation, I would ask that Lily Evans's life be mine."

"And what will you give me in return, Severus?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid-Autumn brought Lord Voldemort no closer to finding the prophesied child and many Death Eaters were tortured for their failures in this and other arenas. Snape was a fortunate Death Eater who's only suffering was the constant worry that he would be unsuccessful in his efforts to save Lily Evans from the fate already promised her husband and child. Snape had grown increasingly distressed as he had heard nothing from his master on their 'arrangement,' yet he dared not bring up the subject; Lord Voldemort punished insolence. Prying, it seemed, was insolent.

In his desperation Snape did the seemingly unthinkable and found himself atop a windy hill-side one lonely night, his only comfort the wand gripped tightly in his hand: the sweat creasing his greasy forehead is his only connection with his own mortality.

A white light erupts around the startled Snape and he falls to his knees, wand ripped from his grasp. As he cries out pleadingly for his life a solitary figure robed in white assures him of his safety, for the moment.

"Well, Severus? What message does Lord Voldemort have for me?"

"No -- no message -- I'm here on my own account!" Wringing his hands and speaking quickly with a hint of madness, "I -- I come with a warning -- no, a request -- please --"

As Dumbledore stares at the cowering figure before him he shakes his head disapprovingly and with a flick of his wand the area around the two men grows silent.

"What request could a Death Eater make of me?"

"The -- the prophecy... the prediction... Trelawney"

"Ah, yes. How much did you relay to Lord Voldemort?"

"Everything -- everything I heard! That is why -- it is for that reason -- he thinks it means Lily Evans!"

"The prophecy did not refer to a woman. It spoke of a boy born at the end of July --"

"You know what I mean! He thinks it means her son, he is going to hunt her down -- kill them all --"

"If she means so much to you surely Lord Voldemort will spare her? Could you not ask for mercy for the mother, in exchange for the son?

"I have -- I have asked him --"

"You disgust me," Dumbledore said, his voice filled with contempt. Snape, shoulders hunched, sank back to sit on his heels, "You do not care about the deaths of her husband and child? They can die as long as you have what you want?"

Snape said nothing, but merely looked up at Dumbledore.

"Hide them all, then," he croaked. "Keep her -- them -- safe. Please."

"And what will you give me in return, Severus?"

------------------------------------------------------------
    The above conversation between Snape and Dumbledore is mostly an excerpt from the novel Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.

DAY 1 BEGINS
    Day 1 Ends in 48 Hours

Spoiler
    Show
    Only Lord Voldemort's previous victims have died. So Far...

Role PMs sent. Anyone who did not receive a pm let me know.
    Last edited by MOD; 2009-09-21 at 06:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: A Harry Potter Universe W/W Game (Game Started Page 2)

Shacey was a newcomer to the school of Hogwarts, she was born of a wizard and a muggle. Her heritage, however, was quickly forgotten once she saw the school, its size could only be described as Epic. She was even more astounded by the number of pupils attending this school. One walk into the great hall seemed to highlight all the reasons for being there and made her faint with belonging. Once it was her time to be 'sorted' she became a nervous bundle of embarrassment and relief, for not having to wait any longer, the sorting hat her father had told her about was placed squarely on her head.
    Just like her father Gohet Orfar, the hat took a mere instant to declare her status.
    "RAVENCLAW!"
    *appluading*
    She gratefully sat at the Ravenclaw table, happy that she could follow her father's sucess.
    noone else has voted, I'm honoured
    ((Teh Sheen))
    Last edited by Oddity; 2009-09-21 at 06:55 PM.
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Random.org tells me, I should point at whitehelm
    Last edited by Opeth_Freak; 2009-09-22 at 06:12 PM.
    Halloween Angry Clown William Wallace by Elder Tsofu. Idea inspired by Geesi. Thanks guys!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

My WW roles so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games overall: 19
    Mason: 3
    Something weird: 6
    Villager: 11
    Wolf Disguiser: 1

Games I won: Paranoia III, S.E.U. IV, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Werewolf Classic IX

11. - Top - End - #41
    Halfling in the Playground

The young wizard youth was reading the Daily Prophet. "19 sickles for an ounce of dragon blood? They truly are mad..." He searches the list for the new first years in Hogwarts, including Oddity
    Last edited by TehSheen; 2009-09-21 at 07:31 PM.
    The most awesome avatar ever by the amazing Dashwood!
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!
    Pokemon Trainer:1
    Wolf:2
    Horde Seer:1
    Mason:5
    Fool:1
    Villager:5
    Total Games:15

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

The wizard known as Blue Ghost sat at the back of the Three Broomsticks, his face obscured under his hooded azure cloak. He noted that the atmosphere inside the bar was far from its usual jovial mood. People were frightened, and rightfully so, for these were dark days in the wizarding world.

Blue Ghost overheard someone speaking in a hushed voice about a prophecy that foretold something about a boy being born with the power to defeat the Dark Lord. He did not believe in prophecies. The Order of the Phoenix was not doing anything effective against Voldemort, and Blue Ghost sure was not going to wait twenty years for a boy to defeat him. No, he, and he alone, would be the one to bring down the monster.

He had lost all his friends to the Death Eaters. A few had been killed, but far more had chosen to go into hiding rather than stand by his side to combat this evil. More than one of those that he had called friends had joined the Death Eaters out of fear and greed. Cowards. He hated nothing more than a Fleeing Coward.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Sonja was also new. She had grown up in an orphanage, and constantly told that her mother didn't love her. That no one would ever want her.

Then the owl came. Swooping through the orphanage scaring everyone, including her. Old Miss Batron had swung her broom at the bird, trying to scare it off, but it flew around and around until finally she fell on her rump, dizzy.

Finally, the owl landed in front of her, dropping the letter. She quickly hid it in her pajama bottoms, before anyone saw it and could steal it away. After that, the owl left.

That night, using the moonlight to read by, she read the wonderful news. Well, wonderful, until she resigned herself to the futillity of it all.

Miss Batron and Mrs. Stappleglom would never let her leave, especially to go to some "fairy tale witching school."

Sonja went back to bed and silently wept herself to sleep.

++++++++++++++++++

The next morning, the orphanage was visited by potential parents. As was usual, Sonja was pushed and shoved until she ended up in the back row, with the taller children, where she never was seen.

She caught glimpses of the beautiful woman as she looked over the children, the husband standing back with a smile on his handsome face. She closed her eyes and imagined what it would be like, to finally have a mother and father.

Then she heard the woman's voice. It was beautiful, like... like an angel's. Excuse me. Yes, move aside please. She heard the woman say.

Come here dear. She said. And Sonja could almost feal the young woman touch her. My imagination must be running overtime. she mused.

Hello? Open your eyes please. Sonja felt herself given a slight shake and she opened her eyes and looked straight into the potential mother's face. She looked side to side and tried to move out of the way. Obviously the young miss needed her to move aside.

But she just smiled at Sonja. You are perfect. She stood up and faced Miss Batron and her husband. I have her. This is the girl I wish to adopt. She announcd proudly, then turned back to the child. What is your name, child?

So... Sonja. She chirped.

Sonja Petrovinch. It's perfect, don't you think husband?

+++++++++++++++++++++

Sonja smiled joyously at the memory of that day. It was the greatest day of her life.

Followed only by the next, when she learned that the Wizard Council had chosen them to be her adopted parents. that it wasn't by chance at all that they chose her. They had come to Stappleglom's Orphanage looking for her.

And that she was indeed going o go to Hogwarts School of Wizardry.

Sonja sat on the chair, waiting for the Sorting Hat to be placed atop her head. Anxiety ran through her like electricity. Where would she go? Which house?

The Sorting Hat was placed upon her head, and thought, and Hmmmm'd. Then with a shout the hat declared: Ravenclaw!!!

With a Squeeeeee!!!, Sonja lept up, barely registering the hat being quickly removed from her head as she ran to her new friends in Ravenclaw.

She looked at the boy who had taunted her on the train, sticking her tongue out at Wolfbane.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-09-22 at 03:53 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Wolfbane still hasn't been lynched on day 1, right?

Nor, you know, been lynched, ever?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Please, I'm about to be lynched in Kaos.

Teh Sheen
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2009-09-22 at 06:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Please, I'm about to be lynched in Kaos.

Teh Sheen
    Yeah right, I am.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

I smiled at the headmaster as he read over my rather impressive resume. Very nice piece of work, if I don't say so myself. I needed a vacation, after all, and working with lovable wizard children at the turn of the century seemed perfect to relax for a bit.

The headmaster - what was his name again? Dwalin? Doorin? - looked up at me with watery blue eyes, peering through his half-moon spectacles. "So, Doctor John Smith, everything seems to be in order. Your references are impeccable, and you have caught me in a spot of difficulty. Our Muggle Studies teacher wins a trip to the Caribbean, one that he did not even enter, and suddenly a highly-recommended doctor of-" He glanced back down at the resume, "-everything comes in to replace him temporarily. It seems highly unlikely to be coincidence."

"Welllll... yeah, I guess it does. But I swear to you, headmaster, that I have nothing to do with these "Death Eaters" that are sweeping across the nation. In fact..." I pulled out a small wallet from my coat, flashing fictitious credentials. "I trust you won't let anyone else know that there's an Auror working on temp. Just... until this whole crisis blows over." This seemed to convince him, and he nodded after matching my gaze for several moments. "Very well, Doctor Smith. I trust that you will be able to aptly teach the students all about the wonderful world of Muggles."

I rose, tipping back my chair, and began to walk out. Apparently, they had a magical feast this time every year, and I wanted to try out some more exotic foods. It'd be delicious. But Dumbledore coughed as I reached the door, and I turned slightly. "Yeah?" "I must warn you, be wary of Opeth_Freak. The young man has... several detentions this week, and our usual teacher says that he is absolutely uncontrollable." I flashed him a confident smile. "He hasn't met me yet..."
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2009-09-23 at 06:24 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolif Hendsman, also known as Wolif the Librarian, shuffled the books around in his painting. He had long since memorized their titles so he now keeps himself blindfolded as he does so. When done, removes the blindfold, looking out of his painting to keep from being bored. How he wished he could visit the pretty fae sisters in the painting across the hall. Unfortunately, the Headmaster blocked him off from visiting them last year, as a few students wandered through the halls late one night and discovered his nightly... activities. Wolif begins to sing a rather nice tune to the three ladies. Hopefully they haven't forgotten him already.

"I feel so bad I got a worried mind
    I'm so lonesome all the time...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

pointing at Raz fox for no apparent reason

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Shacey subtly slips along the bench to the new house member.
    "Hey, Sonja? is it?, welcome to Ravenclaw! My dad says this is the best house. Doya want to be firends? we could do stuff together, it'd be fun!"

Sonja, was too exited to notice Shacey immediately. So Shacey became engrossed in trying to name every teacher on the board, being new to the Hogwarts, she didn't know many, but a few had been acquaintances of her father.
    "Lets see, don't know him... Hes uh.. Mr Harfil. Shes Mrs Opal... don't know him either... Nor him... but... Oh! Miss Rea!"
    Seeing her early childhood tutor, Shacey couldn't wait to catch up and show Miss Rea her new friends. For now, however, she had to be content with naming the rest of the teachers while the rest of the students were sorted. She glances at the next seat and becomes confused.
    "Wheres Mrs Heart?"
    Mrs Heart, teacher of all things muggle and family friend, was missing. In her place an oddly accomplished looking gentleman sat tall.
    "Thats weird, never seen him before... I wonder who he is? Oh well, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough."
    Realizing that she doesn't know any of the other teachers, Shacey sits impatiently waiting for something else to happen.
    Last edited by Oddity; 2009-09-21 at 10:03 PM.
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Sonja, not quite use to having real friends yet, smiles at Shacey. I would be happy to be your friend. Umm... what was your name again? Sonja sits down next to her and listens to her first friend name off the teachers she knows.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

"My name is Shacey Orfar. Do you know any of these other teachers? they all look so funny with their long pointy hats and even longer beards"
    She glances at Miss Rea.
    "We have to skip the tour so we can go see Miss Rea, she is my best grown-up friend. I'll show you around later, a lady called Mrs Heart showed me around when I was eight... so I know my way around."
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

*day 1 random point at Blue Ghost*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Wolfbane for having wolf right there in his name.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    "My name is Shacey Orfar. Do you know any of these other teachers? they all look so funny with their long pointy hats and even longer beards"
    She glances at Miss Rea.
    "We have to skip the tour so we can go see Miss Rea, she is my best grown-up friend. I'll show you around later, a lady called Mrs Heart showed me around when I was eight... so I know my way around."
    Sonja shakes her head no. I... don't know anything about this place. I'm not even sure I belong here.

She frowns. Every morning I find myself scared to wake up, fearing it's all a dream.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Shacey spins around
    "Of course you belong here! Dumbledore is never wrong about who he lets in. I suppose we can wait til later to visit Miss Rea. If it means this much to you I won't stop you from taking the tour."
    She looks confused at the second remark.
    "This place is pretty cool you know. I think you just have to get used to the whole 'Witch/Wizard' thing. Don't worry, It'll all be better once we get into the swing of things. ...I do talk too much..."

She walks off towards the group of Ravenclaw Students milling around the Ravenclaw head prefect. After a couple of steps she turns around.
    "You are coming aren't you? Lets go!"
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, please don't lynch me. I'm about to get lynched in Kaos, and likely about to die in Assassins III.

Could I at least get a chance to play this one before you do decide to kill me off?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm. Only because Wolfie is a friend. EagleWiz, because he has a history of voting every other day.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

EagleWiz then.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Opeth_Freak since he pointed at me.