New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Jibar's Random Banter #137: Return of the Cat-Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    People, people, people. We need to think in stereotypes here.
    Steak is stereotypically a MANLY meal.
    Therefore we need a steroetypically girly meal.

As such dragonprime's GB''d avvie is a salad! With a little motif of pink bows on the bowl.
    Really? Well...there are salads that incorporate accessories for protein...maybe a dragon salad?

Alternatively, we could try the companion to the dragon prime; a nice glass of red wine! Sophisticated, classy, yet still fun at parties. Definitely the kind of girl I'd like to get to know better.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Really? Well...there are salads that incorporate accessories for protein...maybe a dragon salad?

Alternatively, we could try the companion to the dragon prime; a nice glass of red wine! Sophisticated, classy, yet still fun at parties. Definitely the kind of girl I'd like to get to know better.
    You know, as much as I appreciate all these attempts to give me a gender bent avatar, I'm going to stay as a steak. A totally, completely male steak.

And Curly, you forgot to capitalize the first leter of my username.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, back in school, DeeRee has a 7-10pm class for which she must leave in five minutes.

What am I doing? I don't *like* talking in third person.

This class is "historical methodologies" and we're going to study different methods of studying history. Well, we're going to study the people who studied the French Revolution. And it sounds cool and it's required for my major and it's from my favorite prof but 7-10 at night? SUCKS.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    EDIT: Also, on that note, my roommate is watching The Biggest Loser (I think) and my gawd is that a STUPID show. (It's about weight loss, by the way.)
    Well, my first thought was that it was a game show about belittling the contestants. So at least it's better than that.

Edit: Well, it's about weight loss, so I suppose belittlement could still be taking place,

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Well, back in school, DeeRee has a 7-10pm class for which she must leave in five minutes.

The gnarled hand of madness is gripping ever more tightly, ever more tightly, ever more tightly around you.

Within days, you will have invented fourth person pronouns, just so that you can use them to refer to yourself.

Alternately, if you consider words such as one ("One must be prepared.") to be fourth person pronouns, you will invent fifth person pronouns. Have fun.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2010-01-19 at 09:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, I just spent 8:16 to 10:32 having a reeeeeally long AIM conversation with a friend and his friend (now my friend.)

But then I heard a plethora of bad news from another friend, dampening my mood. Feh.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Heh, I just spent 8:16 to 10:32 having a reeeeeally long AIM conversation with a friend and his friend (now my friend.)

But then I heard a plethora of bad news from another friend, dampening my mood. Feh.
    I know what will help!
    Look! IS A KITTY! :D

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Awwww.

That actually did help, thanks.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

This class is "historical methodologies" and we're going to study different methods of studying history. Well, we're going to study the people who studied the French Revolution. And it sounds cool and it's required for my major and it's from my favorite prof but 7-10 at night? SUCKS.
    Ahh yes, late classes. :p I had several when attending at SUNYIT. 6 to 9 they were...Which always caused me to either have to eat fast, or skip dinner entirely. ^^; Often if I ran late, I wouldn't eat. D: Not a good plan for a 3-hour class. Hopefully they give you a break somewhere in the middle?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

on a random note. Coughing one's lungs out really sucks. especially when its non-stop for a couple minutes. and then a couple minutes rest...and then repeat cycle.

on a different note. Wrath Got an awesome new T-shirt yesterday as a late b-day present. Its of the most amazing super hero ever. From this point forward you may refer to me as Wrath or Steve Rogers whichever you prefer.

-Wrath / Steven "Steve" Rogers / Best hero Ever / Capt.
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

Hr-hm. I could have sworn that notice of throttled Internet was a limitation per minute, not per file size. We have applets to load and banking to do and they are not loadable.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

There was no sparring tonight.

Am very disappointed.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Any convergent sequence within a closed subset within metric space has its limit within the subset itself, whereas an open subset may have sequence limits within the complement.

The existence of three dimensional solutions and singularities in the Navier-Stoke's equations modelling the flow of fluids is one of the Millenium Prize Problems.

Methods for solving non-homogeneous partial differential equations are highly dubious, as the solution to the non-homogeneous specific solution relies quite heavily on the function in question. Guesswork is often required!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-01-20 at 07:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"If the truth can be told so as to be understood it will be believed"

Human history represents such a radical break with the natural systems of biological organisation that preceded it that it must be the response to a kind of attractor or dwell point that lies ahead in the temporal dimension.
    - Re:Evolution - The Shamen 'Boss Drum' - 1992
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-01-20 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    There was no sparring tonight.

Am very disappointed.
    I've tried talking my friends into becoming sparring partners - I can even provide all the pads (save jockstrap and mouthpiece, neither of which should ever be lent out), but no one will take me up on the offer.

I'm 8 years rusty, too cheap for a gym/dojo, and my black belt friends are afraid to fight me. This doesn't speak well for them, plus I may have to break down and actually start taking classes again at some point if I want to practice.

In short, if you were on this side of the pacific, I'd offer to spar with you.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. So my roommate really does hate me. I always thought so...

I was in the shower, and when I stepped out of the bathroom, he had locked our door. Fortunately, another suitemate was coming into the apartment at the same time. I asked mentioned that I had been locked out, and he said that my roommate was still in the hallway, waiting for the elevator. (Well, I had just heard him left a not quite a minute before I got out of the bathroom.) So the suitemate yelled down the hallway, and told roommate what he "accidentally" did. Roommate shrugged, said he didn't care, and got in the elevator.

<Expletive describing a route of excrement.>

Christ! I try to be civil with the guy! I'm the one who tries to find compromises to problems like us both wanting to shower at the same time in the morning, like he for some reason needing the TV on to sleep, and I not being able to sleep at all with it on.

What the hell is WRONG with this guy?!

ION: Uni of Strathclyde is now processing my application. Joy!
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-01-20 at 10:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

I was in the shower, and when I stepped out of the bathroom, he had locked our door. Fortunately, another suitemate was coming into the apartment at the same time. I asked mentioned that I had been locked out, and he said that my roommate was still in the hallway, waiting for the elevator. (Well, I had just heard him left a not quite a minute before I got out of the bathroom.) So the suitemate yelled down the hallway, and told roommate what he "accidentally" did. Roommate shrugged, said he didn't care, and got in the elevator.

Christ! I try to be civil with the guy! I'm the one who tries to find compromises to problems like us both wanting to shower at the same time in the morning, like he for some reason needing the TV on to sleep, and I not being able to sleep at all with it on.

Eh...sometimes you just get a really crappy suitemate. :/ There's not much you can do about it other than put in a transfer request. Telling them that he locked you out would be a good excuse if you need one.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... There's a free anime/cosplay picnic with free food and free drinks and free everything coming up... Sounds to good to be true if you ask me. e_e

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hmm... There's a free anime/cosplay picnic with free food and free drinks and free everything coming up... Sounds to good to be true if you ask me. e_e
    Definitely a plan to kidnap people like you and convert you into Scotsmen.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of cosplay I'm playing Final Fantasy X and part of me wants to get Auron's outfit custom made and wear it next halloween. Unfortunately I am poor and will be poor for the next 4 to 5 years.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Man, that does sound like your roomate is an absolute boaby.
    If I were you I'd..... Hang on.. Uni of Strathclyde? That's like around my neck of the woods, kind of. How've I missed that you were from around here? *goes to consult notes* Hmm. Nope, nothing here that tells me you're from the Glasgow area.

*wanders off, shaking head*
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Eh...go for it. Probably the best time I ever had at college was when we had our own Anime Convention (Sitacon, if you're wondering) and I managed to get an authentic-looking Bokken for only 5 bucks. :3
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Can't you file a complaint or something?

*boogies*
    Hopefully you'll get in and you can come to Britland! With UK Meetups and everything!

@KUResh: He's currently in American trying to get into Strathclyde.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #143

Really? I thought Randman was somewhere weird and more eastern. And desert-like. United Arab Emirates or one of those places.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Muahaha! You shall never track down my location. Always a step ahead of you, I am!

Anyway...

Was in Abu Dhabi, was in Malaysia, am in the U.S., will be in Scotland.

Curly: I did complain about it, and the resident hall coordinator supreme councillor person asked if I could tough it out until the end of this week, because that's when transfers start. I figured I could. So I'll just drink lots of gripe juice until then.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-01-20 at 12:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

*slightly less confused now* Okay, then.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    *slightly less confused now* Okay, then.
    *slightly more confused now*

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I just slept for 12.5 hours straight.
    I don't believe I have ever done that before.
    .-.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

28. - Top - End - #148

Poo.

I have an awesome idea for a crossover picture but it's been let down by the fact I can't draw. Now I feel guilty because I'm listening to the opening song of one of the games involved.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

One weekend, when I was living in a dojo, working, and going to school, I went to bed Friday night after class. I woke up for class Saturday morning. Then, I went to bed after class. Next, I woke up for class Sunday morning. Then, I went to bed right after class, again. Finally, I woke up Monday morning finally ready to face a new week...
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

30. - Top - End - #150

...I somehow seem to have gotten myself into tutoring some of my classmates. In sociology.

Sociology is not my area of expertise.
    Teaching to native English speakers is also not my area of expertise.

How did I get myself into this? Is this a side effect of trying to be friendly?

And the strangest thing is that I don't mind in the least. I'm actually even looking forward to it, because they're neat people who are fun to be around.

My life is collapsing around me. I'm going down the rabbit hole of friendliness. I actually may, for the first time in my life, end up having friends at school! This is...bizarre. What do I do?

Heh, I just realised that 'Oh crap, this means that I'm actually going to have to do the readings!'
    Last edited by cycoris; 2010-01-20 at 02:25 PM.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt