New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I'm waiting for a good time to bring Meir in.
    Understandable, but if you could we'd appreciate it if you could tell us how we could engineer a "good time" for Meiryoku to enter the scene.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

I can tell you with Tsubasa: something requiring Judgement duties. I'd like to show off the 'focused' side of her personality first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Would Judgement be asked to investigate some of the missing people incidents that have been happening around the city?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I'm waiting for a good time to bring Meir in.
    Yes, but what does that actually mean? What conditions need to be satisfied? If it's something specific then there's a chance we can help bring it about. If it's just a question of waiting until things get interesting enough, then be careful; That can easily become a vicious cycle. Once too many people get into this mindset then the game can quickly freeze, because everyone ends up waiting for something to happen instead of helping to make something happen. The plot only moves at the behest of its players, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I can tell you with Tsubasa: something requiring Judgement duties. I'd like to show off the 'focused' side of her personality first.
    Well, there is that sinister-looking thug currently spying on the inhabitants of a reputable girls' school...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-10-12 at 07:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Halfling in the Playground

Basically a time when she can interact with other people is what I'm talking about. I'm not too picky.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Jirou isn't quite going to get Tsubasa at full blast... unless he tries to fight her.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Waiting for 13...
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

I know Judo isn't on Tsubasa's profile, but I figure basic martial arts proficiency would be a requirement for Judgement. Still, I'd probably put it up.

Also, ten minutes, then I need to go for about half an hour.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you mind if Jirou had a secret spy following him Anyr?

Akiyama would be spying on him Seeing if he makes contact with any bullies and so on.

And I haven't posted for the same reason I stopped posting in nexus, I lost track of what was going on, and then couldn't find something to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

DT for half an hour.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Would you mind if Jirou had a secret spy following him Anyr?

Akiyama would be spying on him Seeing if he makes contact with any bullies and so on.
    By all means; Just so long as he doesn't interrupt the fight with Tsubasa until the outcome has already been decided.

Come to think of it, if he's been following the whole time Akiyama might be feeling just as just as confused as Jirou by now. Seeing him exchange phone numbers with Harada Rin must have been a fairly puzzling sight...

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope no fighting for now, just spying, rather poorly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Would it be safe to assume that the three girls could hear the fight between Jirou and Tsubasa?
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably, yeah.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Orc in the Playground

...So, Hajime is in District 15 now...

What now?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-13 at 10:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Jirou's Dissolution ability, at its current level (4)...
    {Side note: While the Wiki still has his old stats listed, Jirou is only Level 3 now.}

As far as the new ability goes, it certainly looks fine from a balance standpoint. Just to make sure, would it be correct to say that Amplify can't actually expand the basic repertoire of its targets? For example, could it grant Sakurako the ability to teleport objects without touching them if she couldn't already do so?

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Usually I like support character very much, but I do not like this ability very much.

It makes a level 5 character level 6, which should not happen for very strong reasons.

It also seems to think character power is 'linear regression' (maybe not right word, I mean of 線形回帰 ) but I do not think it is such a thing.

It is to copy power of LEVEL UPPER but without penalty and to assume AIM field is power of character. But of character who does not say 'how far is AIM field reaching?' the range of this power cannot be known.

Also, for such a power, why is opposite to 'Decrease' not also power of the character? If it is manipulate of AIM field of your theory, this also should happen.

Of course this would be very bad I think and unfair, but the 'normal' of it is not? It is a contradiction maybe too.

I don't like 'free power up' skill very much I think.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-13 at 10:08 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Usually I like support character very much, but I do not like this ability very much.

It makes a level 5 character level 6, which should not happen for very strong reasons.

It also seems to think character power is 'linear regression' (maybe not right word, I mean of 線形回帰 ) but I do not think it is such a thing.

It is to copy power of LEVEL UPPER but without penalty and to assume AIM field is power of character. But of character who does not say 'how far is AIM field reaching?' the range of this power cannot be known.

Also, for such a power, why is opposite to 'Decrease' not also power of the character? If it is manipulate of AIM field of your theory, this also should happen.

Of course this would be very bad I think and unfair, but the 'normal' of it is not? It is a contradiction maybe too.

I don't like 'free power up' skill very much I think.
    Wait, where does it say that Amplify can boost an Esper's general level? If that's true then I'd be equally against it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. From the way it's worded, it seems that Level 3 Amplify only grants a simple boost to raw power, rather than giving the Esper any extra levels. They might become able to teleport further or lift heavier weights, but that's all; An Amplified level 2 would still be Level 2.

At least, that's how it looks to me...

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

Level 0 (if potential exists) and Level 1 sources will be boosted by 2 Levels, to level 2 and 3, respectively.

Level 3 sources will be boosted by 1 level, to level 4.

Level 4 and Level 5 sources will be boosted to a level placing them on the cusp of crossing over to the next level.
    That's where it says it, Anyr.

Also, Kasanip, I think the word you're looking for is progression, not regression. They're antonyms, so you just got them backwards, I think.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Wait, where does it say that Amplify can boost an Esper's general level? If that's true then I'd be equally against it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. From the way it's worded, it seems that Level 3 Amplify only grants a simple boost to raw power, rather than giving the Esper any extra levels. They might become able to teleport further or lift heavier weights, but that's all; An Amplified level 2 would still be Level 2.

At least, that's how it looks to me...
    It says so in spoiler tag.

Spoiler
    Show

Level 0 (if potential exists) and Level 1 sources will be boosted by 2 Levels, to level 2 and 3, respectively.

Level 3 sources will be boosted by 1 level, to level 4.

Level 4 and Level 5 sources will be boosted to a level placing them on the cusp of crossing over to the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Also, Kasanip, I think the word you're looking for is progression, not regression. They're antonyms, so you just got them backwards, I think.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-13 at 10:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Just to make sure, would it be correct to say that Amplify can't actually expand the basic repertoire of its targets? For example, could it grant Sakurako the ability to teleport objects without touching them if she couldn't already do so?

Actually, I was thinking that Amplify WOULD give psychics additional abilities if the user of Amplify were sufficiently powerful enough (and the boosted psychic also powerful enough), BUT Amplify would not confer upon that psychic the knowledge of such an ability. In the case of Sakurako, she might become able to teleport other objects without touching them, but she wouldn't automatically know that she has become able to do so (unless she experiments and figures it out), nor would she know how to do it even if she knew that it was possible--she'd have to learn how.

Likewise, a boosted Electrokinetic may gain enough skill to hack electronics, but unless the Electrokinetic has sufficient computer science skills to do so, he won't be able to perform the hacking.

Negative, Amplify does NOT make Level 5s into Level 6s.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 CBS
    This means that a Level 4 will still remain Level 4, even when boosted by a Level 5 Amplify. Likewise for a Level 5 boosted by a Level 5 Amplify.

Also, note that this "move boosted psychics up a level" bit only happens for a Level 5 Amplify, NOT Level 3.

and to assume AIM field is power of character.
    I blame my general ignorance of AIM Field physics. If you could clear things up, I'd appreciate it.

It is to copy power of LEVEL UPPER but without penalty
    Fair point. At the very least I'll remove the ability to "affect any AIM Field Source within a certain radius".

It's not so much "manipulate" as much as it's only to boost AIM Fields, in the same way that someone could easily have the power to "increase the thermal energy in a given body of matter", but not "decrease the thermal energy in a given body of matter", unless psychic powers in Index is such that you must have both if you want to manipulate thermal energy in any way.

But of character who does not say 'how far is AIM field reaching?' the range of this power cannot be known.
    I apologize, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-13 at 10:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    That's where it says it, Anyr.
    I noticed that, but assumed that it was restricted purely to the level 5 version; That's why I specified 'Level 3 Amplify' in my post.

Actually, I was thinking that Amplify WOULD give psychics additional abilities if the user of Amplify were sufficiently powerful enough (and the boosted psychic also powerful enough), BUT Amplify would not confer upon that psychic the knowledge of such an ability. In the case of Sakurako, she might become able to teleport other objects without touching them, but she wouldn't automatically know that she has become able to do so (unless she experiments and figures it out), nor would she know how to do it even if she knew that it was possible--she'd have to learn how.

Ah, that's a shame. If Amplify does indeed function that way, then I'm forced to agree with Kasanip. In a game where an abundance of high-level Espers is already something of a problem, adding an ability like this seems unnecessarily reckless.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-10-13 at 10:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, that's a shame. If Amplify does indeed function that way, then I'm forced to agree with Kasanip. In a game where an abundance of high-level Espers is already something of a problem, adding an ability like this seems rather reckless.
    Is it? I figured that the boosted psychic not being granted the knowledge of new skills was enough of a balancer; being physically able to hack a computer with your electrokinesis is useless if you don't have the computer science knowledge to back it up, and so forth.

Edit: Granted, my reasoning assumes that "human-generated AIM Field" = "power level", but Kasanip indicates that this is untrue, so I may have to scrap this whole idea anyway.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-13 at 10:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

I blame my general ignorance of AIM Field physics. If you could clear things up, I'd appreciate it.
    I think what Kasanip was trying to point out is that the AIM Field is a side effect of the power, rather than the power itself. Manipulating AIM fields wouldn't necessarily alter the powers.

However, capabilities aside, I have the issue that it is a meta-power. Metapowers (powers dealing with other powers, just to be clear) are something people have a tendency to create, but in some settings I don't feel they fit, and this is one of them. The concept of a metapower assumes there is some major similarity between each power, thus it can affect all of them, but with ESP as shown in Railgun, I believe this is a faulty assumption. Each power is distinct to its user, no user has more than one power. AIM fields are a common denominator, and powers can be achieved in similar methods, but in each case, the power is personal.

While things might take advantage of this (capacity down), I don't feel they target the powers themselves so much as the mental states and various common features of power users (a small, but important distinction). The only thing we've seen which interacts with Esper powers in a meta manner is Touma's power, and it is defined as something distinctly different.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it? I figured that the boosted psychic not being granted the knowledge of new skills was enough of a balancer; being physically able to hack a computer with your electrokinesis is useless if you don't have the computer science knowledge to back it up, and so forth.
    In that specific case this is true, but how often does that logic really apply? To take an earlier example, it doesn't seem as if Sakurako would need to learn any specialised skills to facilitate ranged teleportation; Her 'aim' might be a bit shoddy at first, but for the most part such things would be a natural extension of a power she already knew how to use. If we take canon as a precedent, many powers might not even need any training at all. During Railgun, the Level 0s who'd been 'raised' seemed to gain use of their new abilities without any real effort, despite never having had any powers before.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-10-13 at 10:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

@ Vael and Anyr: Fair enough (though I remain unconvinced about your arguments, Anyr). I need to get back to doing homework anyway, so I'm going to scrap the whole idea.

I'm going to need a new support-type power, however--Amplify took me a while to come up with. Any suggested ideas are welcome.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-13 at 10:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would it do such a thing? It does not make sense because such a thing is of character Personal Reality, not 'AIM field.'

This means that a Level 4 will still remain Level 4, even when boosted by a Level 5 Amplify. Likewise for a Level 5 boosted by a Level 5 Amplify.

Also, note that this "move boosted psychics up a level" bit only happens for a Level 5 Amplify, NOT Level 3.
    I still do not think it is a good idea. It is cheating of system of Academy City.

It's not so much "manipulate" as much as it's only to boost AIM Fields, in the same way that someone could easily have the power to "increase the thermal energy in a given body of matter", but not "decrease the thermal energy in a given body of matter", unless psychic powers in Index is such that you must have both if you want to manipulate thermal energy in any way.
    AIM field is made by person. So to 'boost' such a thing, you are to say already to manipulate this person's body. Maybe one reason I don't like it.
    Remember of LEVEL UPPER it is to alter person's mind to 'boost ability' (but with very bad problem).

This is theme of such abilities in Index. To look at Takitsubo, it is very big tragedy and maybe good example. To have AIM affect ability and 'boost' of drug which makes a problem, and to lose this power as result.

It is a theme of 'you should not try to do this thing except through own self.'
    So for another character so easily to do this, it is 'undermine' of the system.

If such a character could do such a thing, Academy City would testing very many things of such a character (and maybe die in test) in secret, so it could not be normal character. Because she can make almost level 6 character, of course to be used in SYSTEM plan and so not interact with normal character.

But in the RP, what is her purpose as a character? What is Academy City goal? What is villain plot? I don't know.

I apologize, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
    I am sorry.
    To mean AIM field is range around Esper, but her power is Range also. Is it range of Esper body, or range of Esper AIM field? So maybe she is even more distant from character for this. But like before, becuase AIM field is of self, to be confused about such an ability.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-13 at 10:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Why would it do such a thing? It does not make sense because such a thing is of character Personal Reality, not 'AIM field.'

I still do not think it is a good idea. It is cheating of system of Academy City.

AIM field is made by person. So to 'boost' such a thing, you are to say already to manipulate this person's body. Maybe one reason I don't like it.
    Remember of LEVEL UPPER it is to alter person's mind to 'boost ability' (but with very bad problem).

This is theme of such abilities in Index. To look at Takitsubo, it is very big tragedy and maybe good example. To have AIM affect ability and 'boost' of drug which makes a problem, and to lose this power as result.

It is a theme of 'you should not try to do this thing except through own self.'
    So for another character so easily to do this, it is 'undermine' of the system.

If such a character could do such a thing, Academy City would testing very many things of such a character (and maybe die in test) in secret, so it could not be normal character. Because she can make almost level 6 character, of course to be used in SYSTEM plan and so not interact with normal character.
    As I said, the entire power was based off of (as it turns out, faulty) assumptions of AIM Field Physics, and as such it is being scrapped.

But in the RP, what is her purpose as a character? What is Academy City goal? What is villain plot? I don't know.
    Well, I could send you a PM about what my plans for the character are, if you'd like.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I think I actually got it.

They can't just wish something into being, they only (subconsciously) enforce what have to be there (Like gravity, a cat could be either dead or alive, even they know that it's random) to them.

What the curriculum does is hypnotise them into thinking that their powers are among those things
    oh. That makes sense.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".