New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Brony Infection Chart

I think Nameless is at Stage 2 as well, but showing some worrying symptoms of advanced Stage 3

Till next time, arrevederci!

*Relurks*
    I'm somewhere in stage 4, definitely. I don't have a lot of pony merch, but I wish I had a ton and would buy it if I could. I make pony art and write fan fics, I've watched every episode many times. I'm starting to think I should watch some of the older generation stuff too.

The only thing I haven't really done so far is roleplaying. I do have a ponysona, but she's not really all that developed in my mind.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post

Also, have I been getting on everypony's nerves lately?

This question brought to you by my token element, Paranoia.
    Element of Stormtrooper Academics reports no annoyance from our area. Relax, let yourself have your element drained for a bit like the rest of us.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I'm somewhere in stage 4, definitely. I don't have a lot of pony merch, but I wish I had a ton and would buy it if I could. I make pony art and write fan fics, I've watched every episode many times. I'm starting to think I should watch some of the older generation stuff too.

The only thing I haven't really done so far is roleplaying. I do have a ponysona, but she's not really all that developed in my mind.
    I had this thought a while back. The older generation stuff, now that I've watched it, isn't really that good in my opinion. The singing is forced and bad, the writing is extremely childish (even for a kid's show), and the plot is insulting to the intelligence of the viewer. The one human is a thinly veiled attempt to get the viewer to project and buy the toys. Which admittedly was (and still is) the point. But there was like 0 effort involved in the old show, and it shows.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

No, why would you say that?

Esper, get better or else! Or else you'll still be sick.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    *Hugs Esper*
    Get well soon.

Ponysanity is the greatest thing to ever-
    *Hits Pwny Lord"
    BAD OC, BAD! I'll let you out of the closet when I want to!
    Anyway, ponysanity is when ponies take over your week,feeble human mind revolves around nothing but pon- DO I NEED TO STEAL OLYPMIA AND USE IT ON YOU PWNY LORD?!
    I'll be good.
    Symptoms include speaking in oddly colored text, creating crazy and insane theories about MLP:FIM, having an OC, writing fanfics, eating muffins, and general insanity. But this is the good kind of insane.
    As for multi-quoting, see that button to the right of the normal quote button? Hit that on every post you want to quote, then hit reply.
    And don't worry about keeping up with the thread, it is basically impossible.
    You're keeping your alternate ponysona captive? Good luck. I know what happened to the last person who tried that. (If anyone's interested he's still only in a coma.) Keeping up with ponythread nowadays in hard. Maybe I should actually to hit one of this giant multi-quote walls and do some responses......

Incidentally, you should probably ignore the assault team currently en-route to your closet.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-09-21 at 05:13 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Why would you be getting on anyone's nerves?

You lot have to put up with ME (and damned lucky you are too, and don't you forget it!), so anything else should be trivial.

Besides, there's all that tolerance and tolerance thing in the fandom, anyway.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-21 at 05:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheesh! You ponies want me to post more often, but you're going at Rainboom Factor 9 at nearly all hours of the night!

And then I post stuff and it didn't even get 'Hey, that's not pony, get out of here!'

* Inkwell sulks in a corner. Alone and unlooooved.

Anyways, back to seriousness - or relative seriousness at least...

In regards to Derek's story excerpt, I'd have loved to see the expression on Spike's face when he was startled awake by Twilight shoving a letter down his throat to get it to Celestia ASAP. ^^

8. - Top - End - #578

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Element of Stormtrooper Academics reports no annoyance from our area. Relax, let yourself have your element drained for a bit like the rest of us.
    Right about now I wish Discord was indeed around. I'd lead a more functional life if I was drained of my element.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    No, why would you say that?
    Just momentarily feeling like I contribute nothing to the thread, which logic-chained into feeling like my worthless posts were annoying, which logic-chained into me worrying that nopony actually likes me.

Welcome to my brain on a typical day.

It sucks too, because I can consciously say that my logic is broken and believe it, but that still doesn't change the fact that my brain still believes the logic it knows for a fact isn't actually logical. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Why would you be getting on anyone's nerves?

You lot have to put up with ME (and damned lucky you are too, and don't you forget it!), so anything else should be trivial.

Besides, there's all that tolerance and tolerance thing in the fandom, anyway.
    Well, being tolerated is different from being liked, and part of my worry is that I'm not actually liked, just tolerated.

...Wow. Now I'm acting like an attention horse. Sorry everypony.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-21 at 05:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

I had this thought a while back. The older generation stuff, now that I've watched it, isn't really that good in my opinion. The singing is forced and bad, the writing is extremely childish (even for a kid's show), and the plot is insulting to the intelligence of the viewer. The one human is a thinly veiled attempt to get the viewer to project and buy the toys. Which admittedly was (and still is) the point. But there was like 0 effort involved in the old show, and it shows.
    I know, I've seen bits of it, but there's something drawing me to watch it even though it's terrible. I guess it's the ponysanity level. I'm resisting, but I guess I'm doomed

Oh, I haven't been to any brony RL gatherings either. I don't think there are any around here and I can't afford to travel

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

You know what? I wanna get in on this! *Kidnaps a Lix Clone*
    You uh
    Know that my understanding of kidnapping is that the kidnapper treats the kidnappee as an honored guest, right?

Yeah. Gender is kind of a shifting state in Ponythread if you have or ever have had Lix's attention. Mentioning your gender is more of a marker of current status rather than biology.
    Not to mention a way to have it changed.

Not mine! (hugs)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You uh
    Know that my understanding of kidnapping is that the kidnapper treats the kidnappee as an honored guest, right?
    Eeeyup. I'm on it!

*Flees to retrieve a five star meal*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Not mine! (hugs)
    In all seriousness, thank you so much everypony for putting up with my miniature little mental breakdown there. I've gotten good at managing my paranoia over the past 20 years, but every once in a while it gets the better of me.

Also. Return hugs are required.

*Megahypersnugglehug*

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Quick Question: a club I'm in is going to be watching MLP:FIM soon. We're going to start with the pilot, but after that we could watch other episodes. What order would you(the thread) suggest? Probably only going to watch about 2 hours of episodes total.
    Hm, normally I'd say "just watch them in order," but only about 2 hours total limits things, and I can see how you'd want to get the best in instead. Thats about 5-6 episodes, two of which are taken up by the pilot. Personally, I'd go with:

Suited for Success (Mostly for the great song, I admit.)
    Fall Weather Friends
    Sonic Rainboom

For a fourth, it'd be between Winter Wrap-Up, Dragonshy, Feeling Pinkie Keen (mostly for the slapstick and Hydra), and maybe Cutie Mark Chronicles for me.

Really though, you should probably just pick the ones you think would be best-received by the club, or your personal favorites if you can't decide on what the others would like. Keeps it simple that way.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You could go with the episodes leading up to the Gala, since they and the CMC are the closest thing to a recurring plot in Season 1.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Brony Infection Chart

I think Nameless is at Stage 2 as well, but showing some worrying symptoms of advanced Stage 3

*Relurks*
    Huh, well let's see. I love the merch, I love the art, I pretend I'm a pony sometimes, I make up stories involving ponies in my head and I've made a couple of pieces of pony fan art.
    However, I'm not a big fan of the series itself, it's okay, but nothing special. I also don't own any merch, I don't read/write pony fan fictions and I don't use the term "Everypony" or "Anypony".

I have my theories on what Lauren Faust has actually done, but I won't go into that.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-09-21 at 05:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585

What? No! Of course not! I'm not even using the Applejack face, so you know I'm telling the truth :p

Incidentally, this reminds me that I'm still working out my escape plan...

*resumes scooting across the floor*

Man I hope this sideplot resolves itself soon, this is tiring work.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Quick Question: a club I'm in is going to be watching MLP:FIM soon. We're going to start with the pilot, but after that we could watch other episodes. What order would you(the thread) suggest? Probably only going to watch about 2 hours of episodes total.
    The pilot is two episodes, so with 2 hours you only have time for two or three more. I'd suggest Sonic Rainboom, Winter Wrap Up, and Stare Master as my preferred picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

17. - Top - End - #587

Thanks, everypony. You guys and others have started to make me feel better. I defy anypony who thinks you can't make friendships over the internet. They are wrong.

I'm still feeling pretty beaten up, but I can feel the pony starting to cry out deep inside me again, so I'm hardly what you'd call down for the count.

Thanks, for being so understanding and comforting.

This is a MUCH better definition than the one I gave, actually. Yeah, go with this.
    Well, I did invent the term.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Brony Infection Chart

*Relurks*
    Note that the chart offers no means of staving off the infection, and does not truly describe the fact that it appears to grow exponentially. Point of no return appears to be at "late stage 2," that is, you begin to watch the pilot.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I got bored again and tried again at drawing Crossings. This one came out much better. Next time I think I'll try something new. I HATE (drawing) pony eyes they seem to consistently come out looking bad whenever I try.
    Spoiler
    Show

Problems this time seems to be in the size of his legs and tail. I am really quite proud of the effort I put in though.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Thanks, everypony. You guys and others have started to make me feel better. I defy anypony who thinks you can't make friendships over the internet. They are wrong.
    There's nothing more gratifying than an instance in which a optimistic viewpoint triumphs against a cynical one.
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    There's stages to it?
    Oh yes. Based on my own, slow descent to ponysanity (still ongoing!), I've determined the following stages:

Stage I: An excessive appreciation for pony image macros is the most notable symptom. Lurks ponythread.

Stage II. Symptoms include reading fanfiction, creating pony avatars and/or attempting (yet failing) to keep up with ponythread. Odd speech patterns start to emerge.

Stage III worsens all symptoms of stage II, notions of OCs emerge, but no fully-formed ponysona exists. Occasional outbursts of coloured text. Ponythread is still unfollowable, but much less so.

Stage IV. Full ponysanity.

Note that this is based on my own experience and descent to ponysanity is no doubt a highly individual process, particularly in what relates to one's artistic talents. I have no personal experience with full ponysanity, so I won't attempt to explain it. Yet.

Edit: Oh wow. I did not know about that chart. I'm definitely mid-stage 3.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    And can other forms of insanity have an effect on it?
    As far as I can tell, effects stack and are multiplicative.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-09-21 at 05:55 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Brony Infection Chart

*Relurks*
    Why I am not surprised that someone has made a chart like this?

I'd say I best fit with early stage 3. Don't think I'll be going beyond that either - I like the show, like the fan art, like occasionally chatting about it, but don't see myself getting as into it as many others do. I'd never purchase any merchandise, don't read fanfiction (and as such certainly wouldn't write any), don't roleplay ponies, don't use terms like "everypony" even in this thread, etc.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-09-21 at 05:54 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Also. Return hugs are required.

*Megahypersnugglehug*
    Unlimited Hugworks?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Sheesh! You ponies want me to post more often, but you're going at Rainboom Factor 9 at nearly all hours of the night!

And then I post stuff and it didn't even get 'Hey, that's not pony, get out of here!'

See, this is all part of my cunning plan to wreck terrible vengence for that crack against my starships you made way back when you said:
    Eat this, Skull-boy! Showin' off your skull armada? Well face off against my fully functional space vessel!

Spoiler
    Show

The Alicorn Class Starship PNY-1401, designation Aurora!
    Then I said:

Very impressive.
    Then you said:

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony
    And I can state that it is officially 20% cooler than any vessel you can throw at me! -(Grins wickedly)-
    And then I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
    And then that. *sigh*

Temping though it is to throw several entire fleets of re-pony-coloured vessels at you (I have seventy-five assorted starships on the computer...) the time involved to do that is so enormous (and I've got to try and crack out a 144 Sci-Soviet BMP-3 and a command vehicle before next Friday) that I will merely let that one pass.

For now.
    Turns out?

I lied!

I didn't let it pass!

Ahahaha!

(And also vengeance for this:

.... How many Lix does it take to get to the quivering mentally broken down soft and gooey center of a Lichie-Pop?

The world may never know. ^^
    )

I have a long memory and great patience to wait for my vengeance!

Muahahaha!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-21 at 06:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyways, back to seriousness - or relative seriousness at least...

In regards to Derek's story excerpt, I'd have loved to see the expression on Spike's face when he was startled awake by Twilight shoving a letter down his throat to get it to Celestia ASAP. ^^
    Er, hello. I'm acknowledging you. So... it's all cool now?

Oh wait, the lich dude already acknowledged you. Nevermind then...

Wait a second, didn't I hear that Aotrs was originally the straight man for the thread? Then what's all this talk of pony space armadas?
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-09-21 at 06:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

What, I leave for sweet sleep in the night and not one... but two of you had mini breakdowns?

I am disappoint.

Mega hugs now!

Also, clearly I'm stage 4.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post

Wait a second, didn't I hear that Aotrs was originally the straight man for the thread? Then what's all this talk of pony space armadas?
    It's called rp (even if it's with yourself) as far as I know he's always been like that and his crew is only ponies on occasion (ask Lix) otherwise they're human(? other?).
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

See, this is all part of my cunning plan to wreck terrible vengence for that crack against my starships you made way back when you said...

I have a long memory and great patience to wait for my vengeance!

Muahahaha!
    ... You meanie! You're making the board ignore me! I knew it! I knew there was a lich behind everything bad happening in my life!

You vindictive little bag of bones!

Don't test me or I'll get a party of adventurers together to redeadify your pelvis!

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post

See, it's more of a relative thing. He's a half-crazed, evil, space-faring lich who's ended more worlds than most of us can name, but that somehow clocks in at saner than average.

His exposure to excessive Lix hasn't helped matters, but you know what they say; love makes a person/pony/undead abomination do crazy things.

... You meanie! You're making the board ignore me! I knew it! I knew there was a lich behind everything bad happening in my life!

You vindictive little bag of bones!

Don't test me or I'll get a party of adventurers together to redeadify your pelvis!
    Hi Inkwell! How is life? [/thwarting]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-21 at 06:18 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Season 2 Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Cheerilee calls Discord a... draconequus or something. Does that mean there are others like him?