New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN: XXXIIX: The TV is ok again

Brianna retreats! And stands beside Toby.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

GM sighs at the destruction of the base isn't nothing that hasn't happened before he mumbles watching the scene from a doorway

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riv continues to flee, tossing a few more grenades at the robot. He's taking as many sharp turns as possible, in order to slow it down.

The computers monitoring Riv's lab will show a cloning vat being dragged through some kind of gate into the lab, as well as several crates. The Drones seem quite hurried, and then the gate suddenly shuts down behind them.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-15 at 10:19 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gorden was against it from the start.

The walls start waving, like the ocean, not wave with a hand.

Still, it's fun to watch you try and hold off doom. Recalling of menbers should be soon. I'll look forward to when you try again Tobias.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallway

Mouse looks up when she hears the walls moving. "Hey! Mind blocking that idiot Riv from running further?" She shouts to the thing in the walls.

A Different Hallway

These grenades seem to do little more to it since it leaps over them every time it comes across one.

It's still leaking hydraulics though.

6. - Top - End - #276

Toby frowns, a little unnerved by the walls. If we make this agreement, I won't have to try again. GLoG has nothing you want and, to be frank, we're just not worth messing with out of boredom. Can't we agree to leave each other alone to persue our own goals, for Good or for Evil?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #277

[Hallways]

Riv grins as he turns the last corner, and dashes through two double doors, into his lab.

(Why is Mouse trying to kill Riv anyway?)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

GM watches the deal with vague interest.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Pavel snickers.

This snickering soon turns to chuckling.

And then, Pavel outright laughs.

"This is a riot! This whole situation! I think I'll head to this GLoG and see if I can patch anyone up; maybe I can put an end to the quarrel between everyone who is still alive."

"Who needs The Three Stooges when we have at least 7 running about?"

"I'm going to go prepare my magical murder bag medical kit."

Pavel swivels about and heads into his chamber. Several times he pauses to catch his breath between fits of laughter.

Sadistic Pavel, the guy who literally kills at comedy clubs.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Lab

The damaged Servitor begins to finally slow before it gets to the door, a trail of pink hydraulic fluid behind it. It'll pull back one massive fist and try to break punch the doors off their hinges.

(Target of Opportunity, plus, she's never liked him and thinks he's too unorganized. )
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-03-15 at 11:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

En route, he'll probably bump into DarkRed and Green. Constant and repeated death has lent the henchmen a degree of fearlessness. "Scuse me, you realize you're being ignored, yes?" "Why are you even here? Surely you could dream up better things to do." "We're just in it for the health plan."

12. - Top - End - #282

[Riv's Lab]

The door swings open violently, as Riv didn't lock it. At which point, the twenty eight Drones not dead or at Excelsior turn and fire at the robot. Well, actually there's twenty eight and a half, but the half isn't having that great of a day, so he isn't in the mood for a fight. That and he's dead. Riv waves goodbye.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-15 at 11:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Labs

The Servitor is only able to take one step inside the room before the mass of fire finally stops it. "Daiiiisy....daiiiisyyyy...." it moans before it slumps to it's knees.

And then it explodes in a violent hail of shrapnel. There's more shrapnel than explosive force though, so it's only the sharp metal they have to worry about.

Hallways

Mouse curses violently and goes to find Gordon or Magtok at least.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-03-15 at 11:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    En route, he'll probably bump into DarkRed and Green. Constant and repeated death has lent the henchmen a degree of fearlessness. "Scuse me, you realize you're being ignored, yes?" "Why are you even here? Surely you could dream up better things to do." "We're just in it for the health plan."
    Pavel halts in order to respond to the henchmen.

"I'm here because I need information before...well, I can't tell you that. It would ruin the surprise."

"And yes, I may be ignored for now, but if no one notices me, then I can prepare for my tiny scheme with greater ease."

"But my question is this, why would you require a sensational healthcare plan if you were treated with respect. You would require a health plan, but not one of such extremes as this."

There is a tone of sincerity in his voice, a truly rare tonal quality for Pavel. He gesticulates as he speaks to add to the sense of foreboding in his speech.

He really doesn't mind being ignored. Being ignored is better than being recognized as a member of AMEN in the IA HQ!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-03-15 at 11:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

That and I'll destroy your souls if you try to quit.
    Don't you have things to do?

DarkRed and Green better get moving.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

16. - Top - End - #286

[Riv's Lab]

Riv, furious, issues several orders to his Drones, and as one they march off, alsoto find Gordon. One of them stays behind though, and sets to work smashing the gate behind them. Several of the pizza Drones are injured, two of them rather badly, but they can't feel pain and don't care.

[Hallways]

Mouse may want to try and avoid the two Pizza Drones who were fighting the robot, as they are now searching for her.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-15 at 11:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

DarkRed and Green look at eachother, than back at Pavel. "Whatever you say, boss, but it's cardio hour right now, so we gotta go..." The henchies sprint off in opposite directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Riv's Labs

The Servitor is only able to take one step inside the room before the mass of fire finally stops it. "Daiiiisy....daiiiisyyyy...." it moans before it slumps to it's knees.
    Yay!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Labs

How much damage did the blast do?

Main Room

Mouse gets to the main room, her eyes searching for the drones as she pulls out a powerful laspistol from her belt.

And then another Mouse walks into the room, pistol fully drawn.

And another...

And another...

By the end, there's six of them, all looking around and keeping watch.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Pavel continues towards his chamber after the henchmen depart. His head is straight and eyes are alive.

He mutters something to the walls in a low, guttural tone,

"Next time, you might consider incorporating the phrase 'or I'll make you wish you could die.' That one always frightens people."

20. - Top - End - #290

[Riv's Lab]

A fair amount, it certainly screwed up the various chemical compounds he's been working on, as well as destroying several delicate pieces of equipment.

[Gordon's Office]

Riv knocks once, then walks in, kicking the door open if needed. So, Gordon, we gotta talk.

[Main Room]

The Pizza Drones are standing right there, and as the first Mouse walks in, they aim at her, glaring. Then one of them, not letting her out of it's sights, pulls a small screen from it's pocket, and clicks a button, playing a pre-recorded message. Hello. First off, I am offended, not merely by your attempt to kill me, but by your belief that it would be easy. Now, you don't like me, and I don't like anyone, but let us reach an understanding. I am making AMEN an army, this means in the meantime, I get an army of my own. All I ask in return are three things. One, that you don't try and kill me, or allow others to do so. Two, that I get free burgers at the fast food chain we're starting, and three, that I get to indulge in acts of petty vengeance. Now, understand. I can crush you, with ease. Next time you try and kill me, you die.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gordon's Office]

DarkOrange, who is loafing off outside Gordon's office (the one place no one would look =O)) says, "Gordon's not here. He went with you, to GLoG. In short, your princess is in another tower."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The Mouses look unimpressed, but offer an amused smile. "You would doom us. You're a Rogue Command that needs to be deleted from the Code." They say in unison. "Your arrogance and chaotic nature causes too much potential for exploitation." She explains. "You are flawed, and will either leave of your own accord, or be purged."

Done talking, all six of them raise their pistols and fire at the Drones, running and spreading out in different direction.

This song begins to play.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Main Room]

The moment she says purged, the Pizza Drones open fire, taking cover as they do so. Meanwhile....

[Gordon's Office]

Riv just leans against the door as all but one Pizza Drone rushes towards the Main Room.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

For some reason, even though it looks like the rail rounds hit a few times, they don't seem to be bothered, or even wounded.

Wonder why.

However, if the Drones are hit by the lasrounds, they'll find that it's likely going to pierce or at least badly damage the armor they wear. The laspistol(s) she(they) is(are) using is called the Steelburner for a reason. It has short range, but has much more penetration compared to the standard one.

Gordon's Office

Another Mouse begins to make her way towards the office from the other direction, having taken the long way around. She isn't carrying a laspistol, instead she's wielding a long barreled pistol in one hand, and a clear mirror-ish like tower shield in the other, a Skull on Cog motif on it.

25. - Top - End - #295

(Are they invulnerable, or immune to every weapon the Drones have? Just asking.)

Except the armor is specifically designed to deflect laser blasts. Blame Phil, he's the EEEEEEVIL mastermind behind all this.

Nonetheless, the Drones are somewhat wounded, and one hurls a grenade, which promptly explodes into a cloud of poisonous mist. Said mist can knock an average human out in thirty seconds if they get even a half breath of it, and can even knock someone out if their skin touches it, although that takes time. Meanwhile, twenty six more Drones show up, and open fire.

[Gordon's Office]

It's not clear if Riv sees her or not, but either way, he doesn't seem concerned.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-16 at 12:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

(Close to both, but still something else entirely. But I won't say until later in this post )

Main Room

The Mouse copies all stand and begin walking towards the thickest groups of Drones, ignoring the weapons and gas as they keep firing. The rail rounds just seem to go through...them....

Holograms, it'd be the only way to explain it. Being immune to attacks even as lasers, light based attacks, are able to fire back and hurt.

When the figures get within 10ft of four or more drones, the melta charges strapped to the cloaked projectors detonate when their proximity sensor is tripped, in a superheated ball of fire, baking everything in the room, and likely melting everything within that 10ft.

Gordon's Office

Mouse stops a ways down the hallway. "Your Drones are dead." She informs him even as a small lens pops down over her eye, showing her if anything is invisible.

27. - Top - End - #297

[Outside Gordon's Office]

Nah, about a third got fried. Anyway, I'm gonna give you one chance to surrender. Riv says, and calmly fires at her. I will, at this point, describe the gun he's using. It is roughly as powerful as a sniper rifle, and fires .250 Cassul rounds. It is supernaturally accurate, meaning Riv doesn't even have to aim, which is good, as he has no idea how. It reloads by magic, and it will punch through any kind of personal shield, forcefield, or magical barrier. The Pizza Drone opens fire too, although it's gun is currently an assault rifle. Meanwhile.....

[Main Room]

Actually, exactly one third of the Pizza Drones are dead or dying. Standard tactics for engaging an enemy closing to melee range, as shown in the attack at GLoG, are for one third to draw swords and charge, while the rest fire at range. Meaning nine Drones just got fried, two of them surviving the blast, but are still good as dead due to their wounds. The rest run towards Gordon's office.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Gordon's Office

The bullets strike home, but suddenly there's a *POP* of displaced air, as she vanishes.

Inside Gordon's Office

Only to reappear inside the office as the Displacement Field finishes taking effect. Luckily the door is still shut and locked, so she just settles down in the visitor's chair as she bandages up the nasty gash from the bullet on her cheek.

Her field was getting slow. She'd have to fix that later.

29. - Top - End - #299

[Outside Gordon's Office]

Riv blinks, and turns on his thermal vision, as the Pizza Drones arrive. Assumably, due to the spacing of the holograms, there's quite few less of them more around ten.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-16 at 02:08 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Gordon's Office

Mouse simply sets her shield aside and relaxes in the chair once she's bandaged herself, and begins messing with her dataslate. There's probably too much between her and him for Riv to see her bodyheat.