New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

Q 463: Cloudkill. The only movement this spell has is the moving the entire 20 ft radius of cloud in a 10ft direction each round correct? It doesn't increase in radius at a rate of 10ft a round as well right?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q464
    If I already have a familiar, and then acquire one via the advanced Rogue talent, does this mean I have two familiars?
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2018-09-11 at 08:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Spamalot in the Playground

A460: You would be in control of the grapple when your turn comes around and thus have the bonus.

A461: Yes, because a grapple is an attack roll. The defensive penalty will apply to your CMB check however.

A462: It appears to be bonus damage. For example, the Elk does 2d6+5 with its Gore attack while the Powerful Charge is listed as 2d6; this means that the Powerful Charge would actually do less damage than attacking normally if it was intended to be a total rather than a bonus.

A463: Cloudkill doesn't expand in all directions, it moves in just one direction (directly away from where the caster was when it was cast.) It will stay the same size.

A464: No, it just means that your rogue levels will stack with whatever other source is giving you one (to a maximum of your character level.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1444

Well then...
    Q465
    Is there any means to obtain more than one familiar?

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Q 466

Does a Dread with the Nightmare archetype gain Power Points from his Sleeping Goddess maneuvers?

Q 467

If a lv2 Dread misses the attack after using a terror such as overwhelming fear, does he waste the use?

Q 468

Overwhelming fear states: "The dread’s next attack stuns her target with overwhelming fear if the attack is successful"

Does this attack have to be a Devastating Touch, or can it be any attack?

Q 469

If a maneuver affects a Ranged Attack, for example Ego-wounding Strike, and you have a Blunderbuss. Do you choose which creature is affected by the maneuver? Also, do other creatures in the AoE take damage as normal?

Q 470

Can a Dread use its Devastating Touch in conjunction with a maneuver that requires a melee attack?

Q 471

Do Psicrystal gain feats?
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 2018-09-13 at 01:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Dwarf in the Playground

A465: You might be able to have multiple familiars by having class features with non-overlapping familiar lists. The domain powers of particular cleric domains that grant a specific critter as a familiar for one, Tattooed Sorcerer AT with the Serpentine bloodline is another. The Diabolist PrC grants an Imp that functions akin to a familiar or an animal companion (depending on the book) that does not state it replaces that previous one. So RAW you get it in addition, I would think.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

A 466 Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Goddess, Sleeping Goddess and Power Points
    If you already have a power point pool, you add those points to it.
    A 467 Terrors remain charged for the round, so until the start of your next turn or your next successful attack, whichever comes first.

A 468 It has to be Devastating Touch till you learn Channel Terror, then it can be melee weapons or at range with Devastating Touch via Mindlock or similar. This is laid out under the description of Terror.

A 469 I'll let the general rules for initiation explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Systems and Use, Additional Special Rules, Area Weapons
    In order to initiate a strike, the initiator must have the ability to choose the proper target with their weapon (as listed in the individual maneuver descriptions). Thus, weapons that affect an area rather than making attacks against specific creatures cannot be used with most martial strikes. Splash weapons and similar weapons that choose a primary target and also affect other creatures only apply the additional effects of the strike to the primary target; for example, if an initiator is wielding a flask of acid, they could throw it directly at a creature as part of a strike. The strike would function as normal, and creatures around the primary target would be affected by the splash weapon’s effect as normal (but not the strike’s effect).
    A 470 Not till you have Tortuous Fear at Nightmare Dread 11.

A 471 Outside the bonus feat from the capstone of Psicrystal Imprinter or similar, generally no.

Q 472 Does the crit mod increase of Bolt Ace's Crossbow Training stack with Aspect of the Falcon? AotF says threat range, not critical modifier.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2018-09-14 at 09:18 AM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Von Krieger View Post
    A465: ...The Diabolist PrC grants an Imp that functions akin to a familiar ... that does not state it replaces that previous one. So RAW you get it in addition, I would think.
    It's assumed it does replace the previous as it uses the text "This functions as the arcane bond wizard class feature, but as if the diabolist had selected the Improved Familiar feat." and the 'stacks with Wizard' clause.

Since the default assumption is that all Familiar levels stack, and Improved Familiar semi-overrides existing options.
    Still possible to argue either way, but the straight-RAW gets fuzzy.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Q473: Is there a feat/class feature/other ability in 1st-party Pathfinder that allows off-hand weapons to gain the full damage bonus from Power Attack?

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

[Q 474]
    When using Exotic Heritage to get access to the Sylvan Bloodline, do you get an animal companion with Eldritch Heritage or not?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

11. - Top - End - #1451

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Q 474]
    When using Exotic Heritage to get access to the Sylvan Bloodline, do you get an animal companion with Eldritch Heritage or not?
    Exotic Heritage specifically states that it counts as Skill Focus for the associated bloodline, and that if you take Eldritch Heritage, you can choose the mutated version as though you had that archetype (even if you don't). So yes, you should get an animal companion. Your effective Druid level will be your character level -5, because the normal Sylvan first-level power has an effective druid level of "your Sorcerer level -3 (minimum 1st)," and Eldritch Heritage says "treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2, even if you have levels in sorcerer." Hence, the total is "your character level -5 (minimum 1st)." Interestingly, a Robe of Arcane Heritage would mean you'd have an animal companion of your level -1, which is not bad at all.
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2018-09-16 at 04:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Q 472 Does the crit mod increase of Bolt Ace's Crossbow Training stack with Aspect of the Falcon? AotF says threat range, not critical modifier.
    A 472
    Seems good to me.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Q 475: Are there any items, feats, or anything else that could even in part, replicate the Arcana of the Serpentine Bloodline?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine Bloodline
    Bloodline Arcana: Your powers of compulsion can affect even bestial creatures. Whenever you cast a mind-affecting or language-dependent spell, it affects animals, magical beasts, and monstrous humanoids as if they were humanoids who understood your language.
    Had to rework my bard / sorcerer into just a bard with the eldrich heritage feat chain to stay viable with the rest of the party. and it really hurts to loose the ability to charm animals and such.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2018-09-18 at 11:53 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 476 If a wielder of a Life Drinker throws it, whether normally via Throw Anything, magically via Hand of the Acolyte or Raven Bracers, etc., does the axe bestow the negative level on the hurler upon damage inflicted on a target?

Q 477 Does a Cracked Opalescent White Pyramid Ioun Stone do anything useful for non-Exotic weapons, as instead of granting proficiency like the normal Ioun stone, it grants weapon familiarity, which specifies for the Cracked version to treat it as a Martial weapon, instead of turning a Martial weapon into a Simple weapon or... whatever happens when you have Weapon Familiarity with a Simple weapon, which might just be proficiency.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Q 476 If a wielder of a Life Drinker throws it, whether normally via Throw Anything, magically via Hand of the Acolyte or Raven Bracers, etc., does the axe bestow the negative level on the hurler upon damage inflicted on a target?
    A 476: Yes. You are still wielding the weapon after it is thrown for at least the duration and resolution of the attack (you do not want this to not be the case, because it causes all sorts of other systemic issues if not), though once the attack is over (unless it returns to your hand), you no longer are (enemies can't just pick up the weapon and smack a guy with it to give you negative levels).

Q 477 Does a Cracked Opalescent White Pyramid Ioun Stone do anything useful for non-Exotic weapons, as instead of granting proficiency like the normal Ioun stone, it grants weapon familiarity, which specifies for the Cracked version to treat it as a Martial weapon, instead of turning a Martial weapon into a Simple weapon or... whatever happens when you have Weapon Familiarity with a Simple weapon, which might just be proficiency.
    A 477: Nope. There might be a grey area if it's somehow attuned to an Improvised Weapon (making it a martial weapon, and thus people with all Martial proficiency can wield it with no penalty), but that's an awfully small corner case.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Orc in the Playground

Q478 If I apply the shaken condition to a target that's panicked, will they start cowering, even if they could flee?
    LGBTitP

Quote Originally Posted by ViperMagnum357 View Post
    I think I would agree with Boggartbae

17. - Top - End - #1457

A478: No. There is no further state of fear than panicked. The creature will flee if at all possible, and cower if not.

Q479: Does the Antipaladin ability Touch of Corruption require a free hand? I would think it does, since it's otherwise similar to Lay on Hands, but unlike Lay on Hands, the description does not mention it.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Spamalot in the Playground

A479: Though the free hand isn't mentioned, there's a blanket rule in PF for Supernatural abilities that they require the components that make sense for them to have. This came about due to the Witch's Cackle Hex not stating that it had a verbal component until they clarified. I can try to find the dev post about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Q480: Animate object is used on a corpse.
    The enemy casts animate dead on those corpses.

What happens?
    Last edited by Calthropstu; 2018-09-23 at 07:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    Q480: Animate object is used on a corpse.
    The enemy casts animate dead on those corpses.

What happens?
    A480
    Pretty sure as long as Animate Objects is active the corpses dont count as legally target able objects for Animate Dead.

Spoiler: Related non answer musing
    Show
    In PF you can power off your Constructs for maintenance/upgrades so maybe in that case the corpses could be animated both ways.

Has made me curious about Shrink Item on corpses then Animate Dead though.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Q481
    Identifying an ongoing spell.

The description of Spellcraft says the skill can be used to identify a spell at is being cast, among some other applications.
    However, what if I want to identify which spell is already affecting a creature?

For instance, say that a PC is warded by Sanctuary when it is attacked by some enemies. Some of these enemies fail their Will Saves but at least one makes it. What is the correct procedure if the enemy wants to find out why his buddies can't attack the PC?
    (I'd also handle that as a Spellcraft check, but strictly RAW it doesn't appear to be possible.)
    Let me give you a brief rundown of an average Post-3E Era fight: You attack an enemy and start kicking his shins. He then starts kicking your shins, then you take it in turns kicking until one of you falls over. It basically comes down to who started the battle with the biggest boot, and the only strategy involved is realizing when things have gone tits up and legging it.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

A:481 that is under Knowledge Arcana.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    A:481 that is under Knowledge Arcana.
    Indeed. Might have had that idea myself. :p Thanks! ^^
    Let me give you a brief rundown of an average Post-3E Era fight: You attack an enemy and start kicking his shins. He then starts kicking your shins, then you take it in turns kicking until one of you falls over. It basically comes down to who started the battle with the biggest boot, and the only strategy involved is realizing when things have gone tits up and legging it.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 482

Does an animated object stop functioning as the object it is? For example. If I had an animated cannon which I gave sentience with the proper feats and skills, could it work on it's own firing team?

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

A 482 Yes, an animated object holds the same functions as it had before becoming animated. A candelabra can still hold candles, for example. And an animated cannon could fire cannon balls.

However, it is important to note that animated objects do not have an Intelligence score. Meaning that they get no skill points or feats. In addition, they are limited by the form they possess. If they do not have humanoid like appendages (basically rigid bodies that are not statues) or some other means of grasping objects, they cannot manipulate other items.

So in your example, the animated cannon could not operate itself, since it cannot load cannon balls or black powder, and it certainly could not ignite its own fuse. It can move around and slam into enemies, but that's all it can do on its own.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2018-09-26 at 06:00 AM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamilarRaven View Post
    A 482 Yes, an animated object holds the same functions as it had before becoming animated. A candelabra can still hold candles, for example. And an animated cannon could fire cannon balls.

However, it is important to note that animated objects do not have an Intelligence score. Meaning that they get no skill points or feats. In addition, they are limited by the form they possess. If they do not have humanoid like appendages (basically rigid bodies that are not statues) or some other means of grasping objects, they cannot manipulate other items.

So in your example, the animated cannon could not operate itself, since it cannot load cannon balls or black powder, and it certainly could not ignite its own fuse. It can move around and slam into enemies, but that's all it can do on its own.
    Q 483

Could the cannon supply the actions needed to aim itself while the rest of the crew load and fire it?
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2018-09-26 at 01:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

A483:Yes, as an animated cannon has a BAB and can make attack rolls... Though its dex leaves much to be desired.
    Last edited by Calthropstu; 2018-09-26 at 01:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Q 484: Investigator has the following class feature:
    Poison Resistance (Ex): At 2nd level, an investigator gains a +2 bonus on all saving throws against poison. This bonus increases to +4 at 5th level, and to +6 at 8th level. At 11th level, the investigator becomes completely immune to poison.
    Two of its archetypes have the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Empiricist
    Ceaseless Observation (Ex): An empiricist’s ability to notice the minutiae of almost everything that happens around him allows him to make shrewd and insightful calculations about people and even inanimate objects. At 2nd level, an empiricist uses his Intelligence modif ier instead of the skill’s typical ability for all Disable Device, Perception, Sense Motive, and Use Magic Device checks. He can also use his Intelligence modifier instead of Charisma on any Diplomacy checks made to gather information. This ability replaces poison lore and poison resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian of Immortality
    Desert Survivor (Ex): At 2nd level, a guardian of immortality is trained by the druids of Duwwor to survive the hazards of the desert. He gains Endurance as a bonus feat and does not treat sand as difficult terrain. At 5th level, he gains resist fire 10. At 8th level, he can see twice as far in sandstorms, clouds, and fog, and whenever he gains an advantage in a desert tile during a pursuit (Ultimate Intrigue 142), he gains an additional advantage.

This ability replaces poison resistance.

Orchid’s Drop (Ex): At 11th level, a guardian of immortality is entrusted with a secret solution designed by Thuvian alchemists to emulate certain aspects of the sun orchid elixir, granting him a +1 alchemical bonus on all saving throws.

This ability replaces immunity to poison.
    Will Empiricist gain poison immunity at level 11? They're listed as one class feature, but there are archetypes that replace them separately. Is there any precedent for this sort of thing?

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q 485

a) Bardic Performance specifically mentions that "A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time." The Skald's Raging Song ability, however, does not. Is there any such restriction for Skalds?

b) Do Bardic Masterpieces count as Performances for the "one performance at a time" limit? Many seem very similar to performances (ongoing effects each round, expend bardic performance rounds, activated as Standard/Move/Swift depending on level), but don't seem to fall within that restriction.
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

30. - Top - End - #1470

A484: No. I would say that Desert Survivor and Orchid's Drop are two different features you gain to replace a single feature (resistance to poison, gradually grown into immunity). They broke it down into two for the purpose of the archetype progression, because Desert Survivor and Orchid's Drop wouldn't have made sense under the same entry, but that doesn't mean Poison Resistance is separate from immunity.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!