New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

LOOK OUT EVERYPONY! BUNNY STAMPEDE!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    THE HORROR. THE HORROR!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I was watching through the first episode again (for Research!) when I noticed Lyra. In Canterlot. With another pony. What's this about? And I don't want some lame, "The animators reused the model" excuse either. We need to find a fanon explanation for this!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I was watching through the first episode again (for Research!) when I noticed Lyra. In Canterlot. With another pony. What's this about? And I don't want some lame, "The animators reused the model" excuse either. We need to find a fanon explanation for this!
    They were on a break.

gods I hated that gag in "Friends" -_-
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-04-11 at 03:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Halfling in the Playground

Clearly she's having a secret lover and met with them there.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

(Sing song voice) Twilight has a stalker! Twilight has a stalker!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Bugbear in the Playground

A lot of the ponies from Canterlot moved to Ponyville, they are on orders from the princess to keep tabs on Twilight.

The pony that was next to Lyra back on Canterlot is... Sparkler, I think, and Colgate was on the group of 3 ponies that invited Twilight to a party, and even the other 2 have been seen in Ponyville, if I recall correctly.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Look no further than to my fanfic?
    Above Us Only Sky

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    A lot of the ponies from Canterlot moved to Ponyville, they are on orders from the princess to keep tabs on Twilight.
    More Iron Hoofing? Please. Let's stick to the canon: They are obviously members of a cult that worships Nightmare Moon, and they moved to to Ponyville on the eve of the Summer Sun Festival to witness firsthoof the glorious return of their dark mistress. They now wait in Ponyville, studying the personifications of the accursed Elements of Harmony and making regular excursions to Nightmare Moon's old castle, trying to understand the power that transformed their goddess into the pathetic creature known as "Luna." For if it can be understood, it can be reversed. The Darkness has no source. The Darkness is everywhere. Light is an aberration. It glows briefly, leaving no trace of its passage. The Night shall reign eternal!

Obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Aww, it's a cute little story. Yeah, I liked it too.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    HOLY--! *dives to the side*

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    More Iron Hoofing? Please. Let's stick to the canon: They are obviously members of a cult that worships Nightmare Moon, and they moved to to Ponyville on the eve of the Summer Sun Festival to witness firsthoof the glorious return of their dark mistress. They now wait in Ponyville, studying the personifications of the accursed Elements of Harmony and making regular excursions to Nightmare Moon's old castle, trying to understand the power that transformed their goddess into the pathetic creature known as "Luna." For if it can be understood, it can be reversed. The Darkness has no source. The Darkness is everywhere. Light is an aberration. It glows briefly, leaving no trace of its passage. The Night shall reign eternal!

Obviously.
    Well, one of their friends is named "Moondancer"...

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Halfling in the Playground

Rainbow Dash froze in place. She didn't want anypony knowing about Baron Awesome until he'd gotten over his "random attack" habit, but as tired as she was, she hadn't even considered the need for a lie. As a result,So her mouth panicked and went places her brain didn't want to go. "I want to look nice for my date tonight!" She kicked herself internally as Rarity's eyes lit up. She'd just promised one of Ponyville's leading gossips a rare treat.
    Rarity said, "A date? Really? Who is he?"
    A couple of suggestions, just to improve the flow of this bit.
    Citius, Altius, Fortuis

In Velo Veritas

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    A couple of suggestions, just to improve the flow of this bit.
    I'd consider dropping "as a result" entirely: It seems unnecessary. I agree on the second point, though.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

New version of that sentence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Before she could stop it, her mouth went places her brain didn't want to go.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post

Obviously.
    Edit: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Gaelbert; 2011-04-11 at 05:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    Also, somebody from Cracked.com must read this thread. Particularly the spot a couple days ago when somebody mentioned deer eating baby birds. How else can you explain the timing of this article? (Third entry, at the bottom of the page).
    Late to the party, but I have to say that I find coincidental timing more likely than me somehow inspiring a Cracked article. I'm not that important.
    LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #1397

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Late to the party, but I have to say that I find coincidental timing more likely than me somehow inspiring a Cracked article. I'm not that important.
    Late to the party
    Late to the party

18. - Top - End - #1398

Heh. Thanks, Castel, I needed that. I've been in a depression again, and amusing images do help a bit.
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #1399

Glad to be of service.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    ...I nearly hurt myself trying to stop my laughter.

WIN. WIN. WIN.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2wr...reply_received more fan songs. Sorry if this has already been posted here. I can't recall where exactly I got it from.

Edit: Also, EQUESTRIA DAILY, WHY U NO UPDATE FAIR FEATHER FRIEND? The waiting is KILLING me.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-11 at 05:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Here's the first fanfic I've made. It's also the first fiction I've wrote since... a long time ago. It's just the introduction, but I'd like some commentary if it's not too much to ask.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."

A small filly struggled through Canterlot's sodden fields. Rain poured relentlessly out of the dark sky. While the rain would eventually give way for Canterlot's fabled gardens and many-coloured flowers, this was scarce comfort for a filly caught out in the storm.
    She finally made her way into Canterlot, drenched to the core and shivering. The streets were deserted, nopony in their right mind would be outside in weather like this if they had a choice. Her mind slowly faded out and made its way back in time, back to half-remembered fires on the hearth and a snug blankets. It felt like so long ago, before... She dozed off, oblivious to the wind and the rain.
    "Dear, you must come inside! You'll catch a cold like that, sweetheart!"
    The filly opened her eyes and stared at the mare before her. She was a deep majestic purple, as beautiful and dark as the night above. The filly opened her mouth to reply, but only a cough came out.
    "Here, follow me inside. I'll get you warmed up, you poor thing."
    The mare led the little pony inside a nearby home. The windows were shut tight against the cold, and the house was lit by candles. The mare pulled a bowl of soup out from over the remnants of a small fire gestured towards the young filly.
    "Here, drink up," she said as she dried the young pony off. "What happened to your parents? Do they know where you are?"
    "No," the filly managed to squeak out through the bowl of soup.
    "Well they need to know where you are dear. Where can I find them?"
    "I wish I knew."
    She let out a small sigh and fell asleep on the table. The mare took the rest of soup, dumped it on the fire's embers, and tossed the bowl to the side.
    "She will do much better than I thought," said the mare before fading out of sight.

The filly woke up the next morning in a back alleyway. The sky above was light blue and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. She stretched, blinking herself out of sleep.
    “Where am I? Last night… what happened?” she thought aloud. She wandered out of the alley and into the street, just in time to nearly get ran over by a horse-drawn carriage. She scrambled out of the way in time to see the passenger, a purple unicorn, stare out the window, oblivious to the near-accident.
    She backed out of the street, only to feel a hoof on her shoulder.
    “Name and residence, please,” said the policepony behind her. “Are you aware of the trouble you could have caused? That carriage right there goes to Princess Celestia’s palace. If I were you, I wouldn’t be wantin’ to make trouble with her Highness now.”
    She stammered. “Trixie, sir, and I’m new here. I don’t have a residence. I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t mean to make trouble with anypony.”
    “New here? What brings you to Canterlot?”
    Trixie sat quietly for a second, trying to put her mind in order. She didn’t rightly know why she had come. She had lost her home, her family, she had no place to go, and then she had a feeling. A feeling that if she went to Canterlot, things would work out. Life would be good. She hesitated, trying to think of a reply the policepony would accept.
    “I heard there were jobs here, I was hoping to live here.”
    The policepony grimaced, “Ya know, I’m under orders to kick out any immigrants. We don’t have housing nor jobs for nopony, and anypony coming here just adds to our trouble. I’m terribly sorry Miss Trixie, but you’ll have to leave here by nightfall.”
    Trixie started to protest, then reconsidered. She didn’t know why, but she did feel better. She hadn’t expected to come all this way to turn back upon entry, but something made her feel as if things would be okay.
    “I’ll be gone by then, sir. I’m sorry I took up so much of your time.”
    “Okay then. Get a move on,” he said.
    Trixie turned and began to walk away. She was just a little filly, so far away from anypony she knew, but she knew she would be fine. Her guardian angel would protect her.
    Her reminiscing was cut short by the sound of shouting and wailing coming from behind her.
    “But where will I go? This is my only home, I’ve lived here forever! Please, you can’t do this to me. Have you no kindness, sir, have you no kindness?”
    “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but if you don’t have a home you’re going to have to leave the city. We can’t afford to have beggars and street urchins laying about anymore. I don’t care where you used to live, you just have to go,” the policepony said.
    The voice toyed with Trixie’s memory. It sounded familiar, but from a distant past. Who was it? She turned around.
    “Moondancer!” Trixie exclaimed. “I haven’t seen you in forever, how are you doing?”
    Ignoring the policepony, Moondancer looked at Trixie with a face full of scorn. “How does it look like I’m doing, Trixie? I lost my family, my home, and now I’m losing my city.”
    “Forgive me cousin, I didn’t know. Come with me. We may be able to get something sorted out for the both of us.”
    Moondancer looked dubious, but she followed Trixie anyways.
    “I need to leave the city as well. I don’t have any idea where I’m going, but we’ll do better together, won’t we?”
    “I suppose so,” said Moondancer. She turned her head for one last look at her former home and neighbourhood, then set off.

The two spent the afternoon sharing their stories of woe. Moondancer had been a pony from a wealthy family. Her father had been a high ranking official in Celestia’s court, and the family had grown wealthy off Celestia’s benevolence. One day, however, disaster struck. Moondancer’s father was tending one of Celestia’s orchards when a bough fell, breaking his back and paralyzing him. He was unable to move, and his calls for help went unanswered. He slowly bled until he passed into unconscious and then to death. When Moondancer’s mother found out, she was devastated. Over the course of the next year she slowly wasted away, then she too passed on. Moondancer was left alone in the family estate. She tried to maintain it, but it was too much for one small pony to handle. Moondancer was kicked out of her own home and forced to live on the streets.
    As the two ponies slowly walked to the edge of the city and discussed the past, the sun began to fall. Trixie and Moondancer crossed the city gate as the day melted into the twilight.
    “Twilight was always my favourite part of the day. It ends the fires of the day, and brings in the cool, gentle caress of the night. The night makes all equal in her velvet cloak.”
    Moondancer gave Trixie a funny look. “Really? I think I have something to show you then. Follow me.”
    Moondancer tugged on Trixie’s leg, leading her down the slopes of the rolling hills. They traveled from the boundary of the city in silence. Moondancer stopped at the crest of the last hill before the great and powerful River Danter.
    The ponies gazed at the land before them. “I used to come out here often, at night. I’d stare out at the sky and the stars. They shine so bright, I felt like I could hear them. They were whispering something I couldn’t understand. Trixie…” Moondancer nudged Trixie. “Look. Up in the sky. Look Trixie. I know can see it. Look.”
    Trixie raised her head towards the heavens. There were so many lights, shining, sparkling, twinkling. Trixie’s eyes blurred. “They’re certainly beautiful, but I don’t see it.”
    “I know you can. Focus Trixie. I need you to focus.”
    Trixie wiped her blurry eyes and looked up at the sky again. Her vision blurred, but she held her gaze. The stars… the stars! They were moving! The stars in the night sky shifted and moved until they spelled out a message.
    “What is that? What’s going on?” Trixie shouted.
    Moondancer smiled. “I can’t see anything. Nopony can. You’re the only pony who can read the sky. Tell me Trixie. What does it say?”
    The stars spoke to Trixie, “I am the Ruler of all the Nations of the World. Long have I dwelt in the heavens, but now I shall return to the Earth to right the wrongs of the World. I will restore Equestria to its fabled past. Trixie, prepare the way for me. I will fill you with my power and you will trod your enemies underhoof.”
    A beam of moonlight shone down on Trixie. She could feel herself being lifted into the air, rising higher and higher. The moonlight moved with Trixie, and she could feel the power entering her body from the light. She flew over the land, accelerating faster and faster. Her eyes shut and she remembered no more.

Blues sat on a stool outside his house. He had played a gig that night, but it didn’t go so well for him. He was out of touch, true, but that shouldn’t have been enough for the audience to throw him out of the bar. Oh well, he thought. At least I got a few bits out of it.
    Blues’ eyes were caught by a shooting star. It looked much closer than most shooting stars, and it was moving rapidly. In fact… it was heading for Phillydelphia. Blues watched as the star flew closer and closer, until it finally crashed into a park a block away from Blues’ house. He trotted over to the wreckage of the crash. To his astonishment, he saw a pale blue unicorn with a cutie mark of a starred wand and moon. Light shone from the unicorn, and she appeared to be unharmed despite the fall.
    “Who are you?” he said in wonder.
    “Who am I?” she repeated groggily. The world was blurry, and she was on the verge of collapse. Suddenly, her eyes slid into focus and she stood up straight.
    “I am the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

My Little Fillosophy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

24. - Top - End - #1404

soooo....

it's a nice picture....

but someone tell me how does Trixie (female) and Twilight (female) have a filly (obviously biological, as she has traits of both of them.)
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    but someone tell me how does Trixie (female) and Twilight (female) have a filly (obviously biological, as she has traits of both of them.)
    ...Trixie and Twilight. And you have to ask?
    MAGIC. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    soooo....

it's a nice picture....

"The Great and Powerful Trixie used cosmetic magic on a unicorn we adopted."

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Do. Not. Want. >_<
    Above Us Only Sky

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Banned

Look at her hair, it is perfectly mirrored, regardless of side we view her. And she is only the most noticeable, as her hair is asymmetric, making use of the 'hair fell to the other side of the neck' impossible, but most of the time, it's the case with everypony.

I don't see that as sloppy animation so much as a stylistic choice. In a medium where you need to be able to see the face to convey meaning, covering the face is bad. I have seen rarity turn her head and the hair stayed where t was supposed to for that entire scene. Having her hair on the other side in a different scene is fine. I thought somepony was upset at 90's gamesprite syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Okay bronies. Had to get in a fight and wreck my telephone for this but I'm finally done.*

Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship Episode 50.

And also, Hurr Hurr Hurr. This video is going to win me so many internet arguments. (Alternate version)

Word.
    Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert
    The night makes all equal in her velvet cloak.
    We Approve.

Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology
    soooo....

it's a nice picture....

read "reaching midnight". It explains things. Just... Don't expect a non-whimsical answer.

Good to see there's already fanart out though.

29. - Top - End - #1409

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    the disturbing implication that an adopted child needs to be altered to fit in....
    -------------

Anyway, we have any cooking ponies?
    Spoiler
    Show

I think this recipe is probably legit, sans universe. I think I am gonna try it

maybe bacause I am a child of the 80's, but for me...this is now Rainbow Dash's Theme Song
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-04-11 at 05:57 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I found some shrugging pony images that were... interesting to say the least.