New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Konpaku Aya pauses as Myojin steps out. A thick thread of awkwardness seems to have her bound. The ex-Vice Captain of the 10th back and greeting the future-Vice Captain of the 10th. This is as awkward as facing Taro-sama days ago.

"Myojin-sama, I-I am glad to see you back with us safe and sound." Aya responds after a good five seconds of freezing. But her senses seem to be giving off bad vibes as Myojin seems much more diminished in reiatsu presence than before. Did he develop himself up to a level of power that cannot be detected easily or did something bad instead happen?
    Myojin laughs lightly before responding.

"Thank you, Konpaku-dono. There is no reason to feel awkward around me. I assure you, I have no hard feelings."

Myojin's smile wavers a little, and he looks downward slightly.

"I got what I deserved after my... mistake, and I'm glad someone a bit younger is there to take my place, what with my injured state."

Myojin's smile strengthens again, and he looks up, past the two.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-11-05 at 12:26 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Jiro nods in appreciation. If there was one thing he liked it was a person with guts and determination like this woman. Thinking for a moment he makes up his mind as he starts to speak. "Okay then I'll help you. After all a new training partner can always help you in new ways. So what do you say, huh Alysha?"
    Alysha gives a little bow. I thank you for the offer, but, uh, Koujin already offered. And I don't want him to feel bad for trading him for you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Myojin laughs lightly before responding.

"Thank you, Konpaku-domo. There is no reason to feel awkward around me. I assure you, I have no hard feelings."

Myojin's smile wavers a little, and he looks downward slightly.

"I got what I deserved after my... mistake, and I'm glad someone a bit younger is there to take my place, what with my injured state."

Myojin's smile strengthens again, and he looks up, past the two.
    "We have yet to receive any updates from the 4th Division about your injuries...are you..alright?" Aya asks with unfeigned concern in her eyes.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha gives a little bow. I thank you for the offer, but, uh, Koujin already offered. And I don't want him to feel bad for trading him for you.
    Jiro lets out a booming laugh. "Don't worry about it, you can train with your friends. It shows character that you honor your friends like you do. After all, you can usually find me at the 11th division barracks or in one of the training fields. Plus if you and your friends don't mind I'd like to watch. I've never seen a shikai like yours in action and I would love to see it!"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Acting Vice Captain Konpaku. Acting Captain Banzuke. It's been a while. "

Myojin steps out from behind a building a few feet in front of the two, turns to face them and bows.

"You two have done well for yourselves recently, so I hear. Konpaku-dono, you are soon to be officially promoted, yes? Congratulations."

Myojin smiles, his words sincere.
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting 10th Division Captain):
    (On the way to a spar with his future his Vice Captain Aya, stopped with the old VC of the 10th Myojin)

Taro halted in place at the sudden appearance of his old Vice Captain. His eyes looked around from side to side and he tried to focus on his surroundings wondering if this was some kind of trick. With all the recent surprises, one as seemingly and blatantly positive almost came across as TOO positive and convenient.

He did not speak as Aya spoke to Myojin, instead he continued to reach out and "feel" at Myojin with his senses. He did not feel right at all, his spiritual power was definitely not what he remembered. This had all the signs of a trick, but what was the meaning of it? Myojin did not SEEM different, his speech and forthright actions were accurate, but something WAS off.

Taro searched for the right words to say as Aya conveniently had filled the silence with her questions.

The massive Taro then took a step forward to Myojin, his eyes had concern in them, but for his massive size and the amount of paperwork he carried, he seemed relaxed. When he spoke, his tone however was not so relaxed. Far from questioning or harsh, his tone still cut a little, almost as if he was a little upset with the ex-VC for some reason.

"Myojin-san... it is good to see you....and while i do not want to speak for Aya-san here, i think i am right in assuming neither of us have done anything out of the ordinary to stand here before you with our temporary posts...we only stepped up to what was asked for us by the Captain."

Taro nodded as Aya asked about his injuries and added on.

"...indeed Myojin-san...are you recovered? And if so, are you officially reporting in for duty?...if so...we will need to discuss your seat...at least until the Captain returns to duty."

Taro was still trying to piece together what to do with the situation. Myojin was a VERY good Vice Captain. He had looked up to him in many ways, but he did not feel right, he did not feel the same. Taro looked passed Myojin as he awaited his answer, seeing the sumo arena not too far off. Taro began to think of a plan.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "We have yet to receive any updates from the 4th Division about your injuries...are you..alright?" Aya asks with unfeigned concern in her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 21, late afternoon

(On the way to a spar with his future his Vice Captain Aya, stopped with the old VC of the 10th Myojin)

Taro halted in place at the sudden appearance of his old Vice Captain. His eyes looked around from side to side and he tried to focus on his surroundings wondering if this was some kind of trick. With all the recent surprises, one as seemingly and blatantly positive almost came across as TOO positive and convenient.

He did not speak as Aya spoke to Myojin, instead he continued to reach out and "feel" at Myojin with his senses. He did not feel right at all, his spiritual power was definitely not what he remembered. This had all the signs of a trick, but what was the meaning of it? Myojin did not SEEM different, his speech and forthright actions were accurate, but something WAS off.

Taro searched for the right words to say as Aya conveniently had filled the silence with her questions.

The massive Taro then took a step forward to Myojin, his eyes had concern in them, but for his massive size and the amount of paperwork he carried, he seemed relaxed. When he spoke, his tone however was not so relaxed. Far from questioning or harsh, his tone still cut a little, almost as if he was a little upset with the ex-VC for some reason.

"Myojin-san... it is good to see you....and while i do not want to speak for Aya-san here, i think i am right in assuming neither of us have done anything out of the ordinary to stand here before you with our temporary posts...we only stepped up to what was asked for us by the Captain."

Taro nodded as Aya asked about his injuries and added on.

"...indeed Myojin-san...are you recovered? And if so, are you officially reporting in for duty?...if so...we will need to discuss your seat...at least until the Captain returns to duty."

Taro was still trying to piece together what to do with the situation. Myojin was a VERY good Vice Captain. He had looked up to him in many ways, but he did not feel right, he did not feel the same. Taro looked passed Myojin as he awaited his answer, seeing the sumo arena not too far off. Taro began to think of a plan.

Myojin's smile turns into a neutral expression.

"I wasn't attempting to imply that you had done anything odd, Banzuke-dono. Merely that, from what I had heard, you had been doing well."

Myojin slouches a little, and looks downward, something neither Aya or Taro had ever seen. He actually looks sad, or possibly ashamed, emotions he has never displayed in memory.

"And yes, I am fully healed, at least physically. My reiatsu, however, has been semi-permenantly damaged. I... I pushed myself too far. I am returning to duty... According to Captain Taiki, as a temporary 5th seat, to be promoted to 4th after Konpaku-domo's promotion. He visited me shortly before my release from the hospital."

Myojin straightens up, signs of sadness gone.

"But I'm back in the line of duty, and that's what matters."
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-11-05 at 12:27 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Myojin's smile turns into a neutral expression.

"I wasn't attempting to imply that you had done anything odd, Banzuke-domo. Merely that, from what I had heard, you had been doing well."

Myojin slouches a little, and looks downward, something neither Aya or Taro had ever seen. He actually looks sad, or possibly ashamed, emotions he has never displayed in memory.

"And yes, I am fully healed, at least physically. My reiatsu, however, has been semi-permenantly damaged. I... I pushed myself too far. I am returning to duty... According to Captain Taiki, as a temporary 5th seat, to be promoted to 4th after Konpaku-domo's promotion. He visited me shortly before my release from the hospital."

Myojin straightens up, signs of sadness gone.

"But I'm back in the line of duty, and that's what matters."
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro's expression changed to apologetic as he waived his hand to Myojin as he spoke on trying to apologize for potentially disrespecting Taro and Aya.

Taro saw Myojin's change in demeanor, his signs of sadness. Something indeed Taro had never seen in Myojin before, and if it related to his spiritual power being lost in come capacity then Taro would totally understand. He quirked his brow a bit, as he continued to feel Myojin's spiritual presence. It WAS different, but it wasnt foreign...just diminished..or potentially suppressed. Either way, Taro looked on to his old and honored officer and could not help but take him at his words, for now at least.

"no....no.. no.... i understand Myojin-san...but, regardless of our new positions... i would hardly say the 10th has been doing well lately..."

He smiled his large Taro grin to Myoji.

"But we're the 10th right?...things never come easy for the 10th...so if we arent struggling we arent doing our jobs!"

Taro's left eyebrow quirked up when Myojin spoke of the Captain meeting with him earlier. Taro had no idea what Taiki's reasons were for leaving and putting him in charge, so any information on his whereabouts was good to know. That Taiki was still in the Seretei, at least as early as a few hours, made Taro feel good to know, in case anything went down.

"So...you saw the Captain eh?...sounds like Taiki-sama...taking time off, but still getting work done and helping out the 10th...."

Taro smiled to Myojin and walked up and pat him on the shoulder as he passed him.

"Well...5th Seat, Myojin-san..."

Taro playfully said.

"...If you are truly well enough and ably reporting for duty, then your first job will be to come with me and Aya-san..."

Taro waived his hand back at Aya and Myojin to follow him. The paperwork under his arms letting loose a stray paper or two, which floated behind him to the ground as he went along tot he arena.

(after any responses and dialog)

After a few hundred yards they would find themselves in the shadow of a large Sumo arena. Taro maneuvered to a sleeve pocket and retrieved an almost comically large key and opened the large doors to the arena.

After going through a few hallways, the 3 of them turned a corner and they would see the tall and grand Sumo arena. Open to the air, they would follow Taro out to the center of the enormous arena.

Looking up they would all see steep stadium seating, and a high catwalk for lighting far above them. Taro made his way to the middle and main ring. The floor was covered in soft but stable sand and a few benches were near the main ring as well.

Taro looked back to Aya and Myojin and smiled a large grin, as he adjusted the paperwork under his arms.

"Well....Aya-san..i promised you a spar... and you will get one..."

"Myojin-san...you say your are fit for duty....and we will test that as well..."

Taro made his way to one of the short benches and sat the paperwork down in a sloppy mess on it, tossing a few pens and pencils along with it.

Taro then turned back to the two of them and walked over to them confidently, adjusting the small-looking sword in his white obi belt.

As he approached them, standing in the middle of the main ring, he placed his hands on his hips and stood proudly at them, his grin almost ear to ear. Then he took his left hand from his hip and waived them both to join him closer.

"Aya-san...Myojin-san.... come...stand here and face one another."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro's expression changed to apologetic as he waived his hand to Myojin as he spoke on trying to apologize for potentially disrespecting Taro and Aya.

Taro saw Myojin's change in demeanor, his signs of sadness. Something indeed Taro had never seen in Myojin before, and if it related to his spiritual power being lost in come capacity then Taro would totally understand. He quirked his brow a bit, as he continued to feel Myojin's spiritual presence. It WAS different, but it wasnt foreign...just diminished..or potentially suppressed. Either way, Taro looked on to his old and honored officer and could not help but take him at his words, for now at least.

"no....no.. no.... i understand Myojin-san...but, regardless of our new positions... i would hardly say the 10th has been doing well lately..."

"But we're the 10th right?...things never come easy for the 10th...so if we arent struggling we arent doing our jobs!"

Taro's left eyebrow quirked up when Myojin spoke of the Captain meeting with him earlier. Taro had no idea what Taiki's reasons were for leaving and putting him in charge, so any information on his whereabouts was good to know. That Taiki was still in the Seretei, at least as early as a few hours, made Taro feel good to know, in case anything went down.

"So...you saw the Captain eh?...sounds like Taiki-sama...taking time off, but still getting work done and helping out the 10th...."

Taro smiled to Myojin and walked up and pat him on the shoulder as he passed him.

Taro playfully said.

"...If you are truly well enough and ably reporting for duty, then your first job will be to come with me and Aya-san..."

Taro waived his hand back at Aya and Myojin to follow him. The paperwork under his arms letting loose a stray paper or two, which floated behind him to the ground as he went along tot he arena.

After a few hundred yards they would find themselves in the shadow of a large Sumo arena. Taro maneuvered to a sleeve pocket and retrieved an almost comically large key and opened the large doors to the arena.

After going through a few hallways, the 3 of them turned a corner and they would see the tall and grand Sumo arena. Open to the air, they would follow Taro out to the center of the enormous arena.

Looking up they would all see steep stadium seating, and a high catwalk for lighting far above them. Taro made his way to the middle and main ring. The floor was covered in soft but stable sand and a few benches were near the main ring as well.

Taro looked back to Aya and Myojin and smiled a large grin, as he adjusted the paperwork under his arms.

"Myojin-san...you say your are fit for duty....and we will test that as well..."

Taro made his way to one of the short benches and sat the paperwork down in a sloppy mess on it, tossing a few pens and pencils along with it.

Taro then turned back to the two of them and walked over to them confidently, adjusting the small-looking sword in his white obi belt.

As he approached them, standing in the middle of the main ring, he placed his hands on his hips and stood proudly at them, his grin almost ear to ear. Then he took his left hand from his hip and waived them both to join him closer.

"Yes sir, Acting Captain."

Myojin smiles, and follows Taro silently to the arena, unless Aya says something to him. He will then walk into the main ring, a few feet from Taro, and turn to face Aya.

"Am I replacing you in your spar with Konpaku-dono, sir?"
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-11-05 at 12:27 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    For a long moment, Yoshi stared at HECATE. Then, suddenly, he threw back his head and let out a bellowing laugh. For almost a minute, he expressed his mirth, before finally settling down and giving the robo-girl a pat on the shoulder.

"Thank you, HECATE. I never thought I'd get an inspirational speech from a days-old gynoid, but life's full of fun surprises like that. Right then, let's go."

Yoshi's pace increased a bit until they were at 12th. He led HECATE to one of the more secure labs, one he often worked in.

It took him almost five minutes of going over the room's inventory to truly notice something was missing. The words he uttered weren't fit for children's ears as he raced over and triggered a Blue Alert.

"This is 20th seat Yoshi! Blue Alert, repeat Blue Alert! All lab personnel, check stocks immediately for missing items!"
    HECATE would blush at his compliment, but she is not a human she is a robot. And robots have no feelings.

HECATE follows him, mildly confused. Blue Alerts were rarely, if ever good. The one time a good Blue Alert went down was when some idiot intern had taken an item for an elder member and not signed for it.

Said intern was removed, of course.

"Yoshi-san, what is currently happening that you must cause a Blue Alert? My databanks indicate nothing missing from the inventory."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    HECATE would blush at his compliment, but she is not a human she is a robot. And robots have no feelings.

HECATE follows him, mildly confused. Blue Alerts were rarely, if ever good. The one time a good Blue Alert went down was when some idiot intern had taken an item for an elder member and not signed for it.

Said intern was removed, of course.

"Yoshi-san, what is currently happening that you must cause a Blue Alert? My databanks indicate nothing missing from the inventory."
    Yoshi shook his head and walked over to one of the central work tables in the lab. There was an obvious blank spot, with points surrounding it where one could clearly secure a large container. Right now, the shredded remains of the steel cables that had secured it could be seen laying around the empty space. Yoshi sighed and shook his head.

"Project 55-Z4 was an initiative to create a device that would gather ambient spirit particles, compress them, and manifest...well, mostly anything. The general goal was more armor than weaponry, but either one is possible. This was the only working prototype, and the case with the plans was also stolen. The potency of this device meant that it was not recorded in the general data banks, and plans were hard-copy only. We can replicate it...eventually. But it would take half a decade of retracing our steps.

Meanwhile, an unknown party has access to something that lets them create armor and weapons virtually from thin air.
    "

He looked to the robo-girl, his face suddenly tired.

"We're in trouble."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

In response to Kazuma's exhibition, at first, Ryouichi is silent, seemingly processing what he just saw without a hint of... anything, really. In a mind like the commander's, there's no telling what he's thinking. Then, he grins. "Very interesting, Amagatsu-kun. I do hope you aren't holding anything else back from your commander." He lets out a light-hearted chuckle. "That aside, however, I think it's about time we showed you our techniques, right?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Day 21, late afternoon

Spoiler
    Show

Taro playfully said.

"Yes sir, Acting Captain."

Myojin smiles, and follows Taro silently to the arena, unless Aya says something to him. He will then walk into the main ring, a few feet from Taro, and turn to face Aya.

"Am I replacing you in your spar with Konpaku-domo, sir?"
    Is Taro-sama suggesting that I spar with Myojin-sama? Aya thinks as she obeys the instructions to face Myojin-sama. Keeping her blade sheathed, she turns to face Taro-sama her facial expression repeating Myojin's question as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    In response to Kazuma's exhibition, at first, Ryouichi is silent, seemingly processing what he just saw without a hint of... anything, really. In a mind like the commander's, there's no telling what he's thinking. Then, he grins. "Very interesting, Amagatsu-kun. I do hope you aren't holding anything else back from your commander." He lets out a light-hearted chuckle. "That aside, however, I think it's about time we showed you our techniques, right?"
    "It would be a great honor for me to see them, soutaichou." Kazuma replied. He tried to contain his excitement. Ryouichi and Masaru were renowned as two of the greatest swordsmen in Soul Society; to have them display a technique, any technique, would no doubt prove a valuable lesson in swordplay.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Koujin watches the training very closely, analyzing Hachirou and Alysha's movements. Following the flow of movements as well as the flow of reitsu as best he can, he instinctively seeks out flaws and holes in the two fighter's actions. His focus sharpens yet further as Hachirou lands his last punch, Alysha seeming to resist it...right up until she gets knocked backward.

Bringing his hand to his chin, Koujin begins processing what he observed. As Jiro appears, he continues, not really reacting. As conversation between the other three shinigami present begins he still doesn't react, though he appears to be silently mouthing words as he stares into the distance.

But eventually...

"Alright, Alysha?" Koujin looks over. "I think that you...erm...Hello? When did you get here?" Koujin is obviously confused by Jiro's presence, and has regained the uncertain expression that had been strangely absent for the past minute or so.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Taro-sama suggesting that I spar with Myojin-sama? Aya thinks as she obeys the instructions to face Myojin-sama. Keeping her blade sheathed, she turns to face Taro-sama her facial expression repeating Myojin's question as well.
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro took a moment to look at both Myojin and Aya. His big grin disappeared and a more serious look came over his large face. then he turned and looked first at Myojin.

"Myojin-san...if what you say is true and you are truly back with us...then a friendly spar affirming that statement is in order...and while i appreciate the splendid council of the medical division...being fit for duty in the 10th Division is something that must be PROVEN...not stated."

Taro then turned to look at Aya. Bending down somewhat to look a bit closer at her, his serious face slackened somewhat and he tried to smile.

"Aya-san...i promised you a spar today...and you will have one...but not with me. As much as i was looking forward to getting away from the paperwork needed to be done, my duties as Acting-Captain force my hand at the moment, and the kismet of Myojin-san's arrival seems only to further these initial instincts."

He rises back up a little, an apologetic look is on his face, but it diminishes as he straightens back up as he continues to speak with her.

"...Aya-san, just as i have had to let my new responsibilities guide my own hand...i will be asking the same of you at this moment... Myojin-san here, is in need of proof he is fit for duty in the 10th Division, and YOU as acting Vice Captain of the 10th are to carry out that test, in a spar governed by myself."

He then looks to them both and takes a few steps back as he continues, and as he speaks he turns and look up the large empty open-air arena.

"Aya-san...Myojin-san... this evening you will be sparring per my rules and governance. That we are here in a place where honor and rules apply to fighting, it only seems appropriate that we adjust appropriately."

Taro pauses as he turns to look back at them, his voice serious.

"...Alright, here is how this is going to work... You will both face off per my stipulations and limitations to the spar. First, remember this is a spar, and while i do not want you to hold back and dishonor your opponent, this spar, your division, or this place...I do not want your goal of winning to blind you to this being an acting of training...not survival. Understand?"

"Next, I will assign each of you to use a specific method of combat or tactics to use for a set of time determined only by myself...and while i observe from nearby, i will call out new assignments as i see fit? Using your Hoho talents is acceptable at all times, but it should only be used in SUPPORT of what i have described for you, unless i ask for you to use Hoho as your primary talent. Understand?"

Taro then takes a moment to look at each of them for a moment before continuing. Trying to see if either of them are hesitant in any way. Taro knew this would be more of a challenge than the simple acts of the spar. Myojin the once VC, against the future VC. One returning from demotion and injury, and the other promotion and new responsibilities. Could they put aside their old and new roles, and come to grips with their new ones? And could Taro himself, be able to watch on and govern and evaluate effectively, when he knew he was doing so with his old and his future VC?

To Aya.

"Aya-san you will begin this spar by only using your Hakuda talents."

To Myojin.

"Myojin-san... you will begin by using Zanjutsu, while not incorporating any kind of release"

"Do either of you have any questions?"

(OOC: IF NO responses or dialog)

"Very well,...then give respect to one another and in one minute you will begin...I will observe and let you know when i will change each of your tactics....Good Luck and make the 10th Division, your Captain, myself, and most importantly..yourselves.. proud with your effort."

Taro then would make his way to one of the small benches, away from the two of them and sat down, not looking back at the two of them. Instead he would reach for a stack of paperwork and a pencil, and would begin to read them. His eyes could still see the spar as he read.

A part of Taro had wished Taiki could see this spar. Somehow Taro imagined the report on it would never do it justice.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro took a moment to look at both Myojin and Aya. His big grin disappeared and a more serious look came over his large face. then he turned and looked first at Myojin.

"Myojin-san...if what you say is true and you are truly back with us...then a friendly spar affirming that statement is in order...and while i appreciate the splendid council of the medical division...being fit for duty in the 10th Division is something that must be PROVEN...not stated."

Taro then turned to look at Aya. Bending down somewhat to look a bit closer at her, his serious face slackened somewhat and he tried to smile.

"Aya-san...i promised you a spar today...and you will have one...but not with me. As much as i was looking forward to getting away from the paperwork needed to be done, my duties as Acting-Captain force my hand at the moment, and the kismet of Myojin-san's arrival seems only to further these initial instincts."

He rises back up a little, an apologetic look is on his face, but it diminishes as he straightens back up as he continues to speak with her.

"...Aya-san, just as i have had to let my new responsibilities guide my own hand...i will be asking the same of you at this moment... Myojin-san here, is in need of proof he is fit for duty in the 10th Division, and YOU as acting Vice Captain of the 10th are to carry out that test, in a spar governed by myself."

He then looks to them both and takes a few steps back as he continues, and as he speaks he turns and look up the large empty open-air arena.

"Aya-san...Myojin-san... this evening you will be sparring per my rules and governance. That we are here in a place where honor and rules apply to fighting, it only seems appropriate that we adjust appropriately."

"...Alright, here is how this is going to work... You will both face off per my stipulations and limitations to the spar. First, remember this is a spar, and while i do not want you to hold back and dishonor your opponent, this spar, your division, or this place...I do not want your goal of winning to blind you to this being an acting of training...not survival. Understand?"

"Next, I will assign each of you to use a specific method of combat or tactics to use for a set of time determined only by myself...and while i observe from nearby, i will call out new assignments as i see fit? Using your Hoho talents is acceptable at all times, but it should only be used in SUPPORT of what i have described for you, unless i ask for you to use Hoho as your primary talent. Understand?"

Taro then takes a moment to look at each of them for a moment before continuing. Trying to see if either of them are hesitant in any way. Taro knew this would be more of a challenge than the simple acts of the spar. Myojin the once VC, against the future VC. One returning from demotion and injury, and the other promotion and new responsibilities. Could they put aside their old and new roles, and come to grips with their new ones? And could Taro himself, be able to watch on and govern and evaluate effectively, when he knew he was doing so with his old and his future VC?

To Aya.

To Myojin.

"Myojin-san... you will begin by using Zanjutsu, while not incorporating any kind of release"

"Very well,...then give respect to one another and in one minute you will begin...I will observe and let you know when i will change each of your tactics....Good Luck and make the 10th Division, your Captain, myself, and most importantly..yourselves.. proud with your effort."

Taro then would make his way to one of the small benches, away from the two of them and sat down, not looking back at the two of them. Instead he would reach for a stack of paperwork and a pencil, and would begin to read them. His eyes could still see the spar as he read.

A part of Taro had wished Taiki could see this spar. Somehow Taro imagined the report on it would never do it justice.

"Yes, Sir. Zanjutsu only, huh? This should be interesting."

Myojin removes his hat and bows to Aya, his bald head almost touching the sand. He then straightens, and returns his hat to his head, pulled over his eyes. Myojin puts his left hand on the sheathe of his zanpakuto, his thumb on the guard.

"Whenever you're ready, Konpaku-dono."
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-11-05 at 12:28 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Day 21, late afternoon

Spoiler
    Show

To Aya.

To Myojin.

Aya pauses for a moment to reflect on Taro-sama's words and nods eagerly.

Turning back to face Myojin-sama, Aya gives a respectful bow. "Honor of the 10th, Strength of the 10th. Let's us enjoy and learn from each other Myojin-sama."

With that she takes a simple stance, both feet placed apart at shoulder width parallel, knees slightly bent and her right feet slightly behind her left. Her arms held light and loosely upwards at chest level.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Jiro lets out a booming laugh. "Don't worry about it, you can train with your friends. It shows character that you honor your friends like you do. After all, you can usually find me at the 11th division barracks or in one of the training fields. Plus if you and your friends don't mind I'd like to watch. I've never seen a shikai like yours in action and I would love to see it!"
    Alysha gives a small bow to Jiro. Thank you for your offer. I'll remember that.

And I don't mind you watching.

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Koujin watches the training very closely, analyzing Hachirou and Alysha's movements. Following the flow of movements as well as the flow of reitsu as best he can, he instinctively seeks out flaws and holes in the two fighter's actions. His focus sharpens yet further as Hachirou lands his last punch, Alysha seeming to resist it...right up until she gets knocked backward.

Bringing his hand to his chin, Koujin begins processing what he observed. As Jiro appears, he continues, not really reacting. As conversation between the other three shinigami present begins he still doesn't react, though he appears to be silently mouthing words as he stares into the distance.

But eventually...

"Alright, Alysha?" Koujin looks over. "I think that you...erm...Hello? When did you get here?" Koujin is obviously confused by Jiro's presence, and has regained the uncertain expression that had been strangely absent for the past minute or so.
    Alysha holds back a chuckle. This is Jiro. He's been here for a little bit.

Um, were you going to suggest something?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya pauses for a moment to reflect on Taro-sama's words and nods eagerly.

Turning back to face Myojin-sama, Aya gives a respectful bow. "Honor of the 10th, Strength of the 10th. Let's us enjoy and learn from each other Myojin-sama."

With that she takes a simple stance, both feet placed apart at shoulder width parallel, knees slightly bent and her right feet slightly behind her left. Her arms held light and loosely upwards at chest level.
    "Indeed."

Again we battle, Tatsumasa, Umezawa.

Myojin flicks the guard of his zanpakuto with his left thumb, sending it flying out of it's sheath. He catches the top part of the handle with his right hand, his left rising to grip the sword just under his right. He then brings the upright and hold it in both hands in front of him, angled slightly towards Aya. Myojin then shunpos forward, his sword now at head height, point-first at Aya. If Aya doesn't move, the tip of the 5ft zanpakuto will be almost touching her neck.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "It would be a great honor for me to see them, soutaichou." Kazuma replied. He tried to contain his excitement. Ryouichi and Masaru were renowned as two of the greatest swordsmen in Soul Society; to have them display a technique, any technique, would no doubt prove a valuable lesson in swordplay.
    Masaru out and out smiled as Ryouichi proposed showing Kazuma the techniques of the Dai-jieikai. While perhaps not as outright flashy as Kazuma's own invention, he was sure their appeal would be seen soon enough. For now, he stepped to one side and carefully removed his haori, and continued until he was bare to the waist.

"Don't want anything getting cut too much."

With his torso bared, it was easy to see that, despite his fairly slim build, Captain Masaru was in incredible shape, muscle tone easily showing on his body. A few thin scars were scattered over his body, but nothing like what one might find on the body of an 11th Divisioner. He secured both his swords at his sides and took a single step toward the Commander-General of the Gotei 13.

"Any handicaps to start with, or should we go all-out?"

As much as anything, the implication was about whether Masaru would use one blade, or two.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Indeed."

Again we battle, Tatsumasa, Umezawa.

Myojin flicks the guard of his zanpakuto with his left thumb, sending it flying out of it's sheath. He catches the top part of the handle with his right hand, his left rising to grip the sword just under his right. He then brings the upright and hold it in both hands in front of him, angled slightly towards Aya. Myojin then shunpos forward, his sword now at head height, point-first at Aya. If Aya doesn't move, the tip of the 5ft zanpakuto will be almost touching her neck.
    Aya remains still until the zanpakuto almost reaches her neck and the her right feet slides forward, bringing her body to a sideways position. At the same move, her twisting of the body allows the Zanpakuto to said right past her face, a few inches away as her right fist uses the forward movement for a straight thrust right at Myojin's abdomen. If the fist connects, the forward movement of Myojin's own Shunpo will add to Aya's impact.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #112

Yoshi shook his head and walked over to one of the central work tables in the lab. There was an obvious blank spot, with points surrounding it where one could clearly secure a large container. Right now, the shredded remains of the steel cables that had secured it could be seen laying around the empty space. Yoshi sighed and shook his head.

"Project 55-Z4 was an initiative to create a device that would gather ambient spirit particles, compress them, and manifest...well, mostly anything. The general goal was more armor than weaponry, but either one is possible. This was the only working prototype, and the case with the plans was also stolen. The potency of this device meant that it was not recorded in the general data banks, and plans were hard-copy only. We can replicate it...eventually. But it would take half a decade of retracing our steps.

Meanwhile, an unknown party has access to something that lets them create armor and weapons virtually from thin air.
    "

He looked to the robo-girl, his face suddenly tired.

"We're in trouble."
    HECATE tilts her head to the side. "The only current enemies of the Soul Society are:"

numbers run through her eyes, and her mouth begins to move of its own accord.

"Kujo: Deceased; Organization Still Active.
    The Ghost King: Active; Located in Hueco Mundo; Free of Suspicion Until Further Evidence Is Presented.
    "

The numbers vanish, and she turns her head straight once more. "Presumably the only enemies of Soul Society with access to such things are in custody, or obtained these items during a distraction."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-05 at 12:39 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru out and out smiled as Ryouichi proposed showing Kazuma the techniques of the Dai-jieikai. While perhaps not as outright flashy as Kazuma's own invention, he was sure their appeal would be seen soon enough. For now, he stepped to one side and carefully removed his haori, and continued until he was bare to the waist.

With his torso bared, it was easy to see that, despite his fairly slim build, Captain Masaru was in incredible shape, muscle tone easily showing on his body. A few thin scars were scattered over his body, but nothing like what one might find on the body of an 11th Divisioner. He secured both his swords at his sides and took a single step toward the Commander-General of the Gotei 13.

As much as anything, the implication was about whether Masaru would use one blade, or two.
    Ryouichi smirks, discarding his Haori. However, he does not mimic the action of his comrade. "Let's not play around too much, Nakamura-kun." He draws Jisei, holding it angled in both hands slightly to his right side, the blade pointing to the ground. His smile is confident. "This brings back memories... How often did you try to break my guard, old friend?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryouichi smirks, discarding his Haori. However, he does not mimic the action of his comrade. "Let's not play around too much, Nakamura-kun." He draws Jisei, holding it angled in both hands slightly to his right side, the blade pointing to the ground. His smile is confident. "This brings back memories... How often did you try to break my guard, old friend?"
    Akira smiles as she watches the upcoming demonstration match from her vantage spot. It is not everyday you find exponents of such skill facing each other.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya remains still until the zanpakuto almost reaches her neck and the her right feet slides forward, bringing her body to a sideways position. At the same move, her twisting of the body allows the Zanpakuto to said right past her face, a few inches away as her right fist uses the forward movement for a straight thrust right at Myojin's abdomen. If the fist connects, the forward movement of Myojin's own Shunpo will add to Aya's impact.
    Myojin senses Aya's last second attack and uses his forward movement to jump away, landing steadily a few feet from Aya's right side, and a little behind her. He puts his feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, and brings his zanpakuto up to his right side, facing upwards.

Good shot, Konpaku-dono. Had I not been paying close attention, it would have surely knocked the breath out of me, at least.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-11-05 at 12:28 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Myojin senses Aya's last second attack and uses his forward movement to jump away, landing steadily a few feet from Aya's right side, and a little behind her. He puts his feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, and brings his zanpakuto up to his right side, facing upwards.

Good shot, Konpaku-dono. Had I not been paying close attention, it would have surely knocked the breath out of me, at least.
    "But you are fast Myojin-sama" Aya replies as she pivots from her waist to deliver a roundhouse kick right at Myojin.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

"But you are fast Myojin-sama" Aya replies as she pivots from her waist to deliver a roundhouse kick right at Myojin.
    "Yes, even at this age, I retain some agility."

Myojin spins his sword so it is upside down and blocks Aya's kick with the flat of the blade, then drops to one knee to swing at the leg she is standing on.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru returns the smirk, before slowly drawing first his katana, and then his wakizashi.

He twirled each a couple of times in his hands. before sliding his left foot back, and taking a low stance that had his katana held to one side, and his wakizashi in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I don't practice swordplay at all, so please forgive me if this is ridiculous. I'm just trying to describe him doing something.

Kazuma would have never seen this particular stance. Ryouichi would know it as one of Masaru's few original inventions in swordplay; it was something of a "hybrid" between Hirougata, Amamaigata, and Zenmetsugata. It allowed the 8th's Captain to effortlessly move, attack, or defend.

"I have attempted to get past your defenses 447 times in the past. I successfully got past your guard twice.

Of course, in return, you only landed what would have been 12 telling blows, and 6 minor ones. We both do love a good defense, old friend, and I'm a touch lighter on my feet.
    "

He suddenly took two slightly blurred steps forward and swung his katana in a fast arc aimed at Ryouichi's right shoulder.

"Here's to bout 450!"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Though not exactly quick on his feet, Ryouichi was no slouch when it came to defensive positioning. Taking a step back with his left foot and bringing his blade up, Ryouichi applies his strength to not only try and deflect the blow, but to attack Masaru's muscles with a jarring counterblow.

Such was nothing new to Masaru. Ryouichi's, and the path of the Bear as a whole, centered on fatiguing opponents through an airtight defense and wearing their foe down like a stone against the tide. Who would break first?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yes, even at this age, I retain some agility."

Myojin spins his sword so it is upside down and blocks Aya's kick with the flat of the blade, then drops to one knee to swing at the leg she is standing on.
    As Myojin drops to one knee, he could swear that he felt a very subtle force acting on the flat of his blade which he used to block Aya's kick. And as he swings that same blade towards Aya's other leg, he realizes that Aya's kicking feet remained on that blade, as if her reiryoku allowed her feet to remain 'stuck' on the weapon.

Spinning on that contact point, Aya brings her other leg up and drops it down on Myojin like a falling hammer.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-11-06 at 11:24 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]