New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World II

[Soul Society]
    (The Phoenix Temple)

Sabitsura Sho

She acquiesced to the demands without complaint studying the mans release and the Kido for energy flow and countering, it was good to be allowed some practical study. Li had shown her the utility of it, and the books confirmed more theory, now a practical application of binding was almost a bonus to her research. Odd that they had initially objected to her purely based on academic pursuits that they would now provide such examples, but it was what she had learned these people behaved like.

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

She was just leaving when a group from the SSI arrived with Sho in hand - great she thought wearily. "I don't suppose that IS ever appeared to apprehend her. And given that she is in captivity and not dead of severely broken she came back willingly without a body count?" that was at least good news.

"What happened", her voice tired, all she wanted to do was speak to Kiba about cohesion between squads given that the hospitals might be full soon enough - but this was something that could not wait she supposed.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Soul Society

Hideki scans through the security footage, and sends Chouko the names of the books that suddenly vanish out of their shelves as they are picked up by the invisible Sho.

Draken obviously doesn't know what these books are.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    [lost in the chaos]

Having brought Setsurou to where he wanted to go, and seeing his reception by Li and the other captains, some of the tension leaves Igarashi. He heads back to look for his friend Hei. Knowing Hei, he's probably managed to find doughnuts somewhere, and much as he hated to admit it, those baked flour circles were pretty good.

He'd gotten the message about the fight between Sho and Hideki, but had only arrived in time to see Sho being walked off. While he could have applied better Bakudos himself, the layered Bakudos already applied should be more than enough to restrain a single student, or even a vice-captain. Even Kiba would have trouble forcing himself out of those. Satisfied, he resumed his search for Hei.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Near the libraries

Igarashi doesn't get to search for more than 20 minutes or so, before a raspy voice, accompanied by clanking of a bamboo cane against the pavement, calls out to him.

"Naganori Igarashi. Former member of the SSI. If I've understood correctly, you are one of the returnees from the living realm", Zheng Li Lin. "From Yasunobu Sawada's memo, I gathered you are Hei Chen's right hand man. Unfortunately, according to SSI Senkaimon surveillance, your superior is off to Amsterdam, for some unfathomable reason, so you'll have to stand in for him."

"I hope you have 30 minutes of spare time."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hueco Mundo
    Later That Night

Randii holds up a hand in a slightly defensive manner. Hey, just pointing something out. I don't really care how long it takes.

Although...We gonna do some recruiting for the week thing? Or are we just gonna take any volunteers the day of?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #126

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Headquarters - Commander-General's office, Captains' meeting

Li gives Setsurou a freezing glance. The elder does not appreciate sarcasm in a formal meeting. Even if Li is going to engage in it personally.

"Certainly, let us send remnants of our leadership and strongest troops deep into enemy environment and hope they won't be ambushed", Li says, turning back to Kiba. Li then stomps the ground with the bamboo crane. "Are you out of your mind? I've been a Commander for less than two hours, and I already had one of my Captains desert. Right now, he is either telling the enemy everything he knows, or committing assisted suicide! Do you want to be the second one? For all your criticism of Yasunobu Sawada, you seem strangely eager to walk the same path as him."

Li sighs and returns to Li's seat. "It seems we can't achieve agreement at this time. This was to be expected. We need more knowledge on our enemies."

"Hishikawa Setsurou", Li turns to adress the returned exile, "you will be my representative on a diplomatic mission to this Hollow city. Tsukino Hikaru", Li turns to the Reconnassaince Captain in turn, "I can't let you leave Seiretei. I need you here, directing your troops. I do accept of sending Arianna Junrin to accompany Hishikawa-san, however. I expect Junrin-fukutaichou and Hishikawa-san to depart within two days, and return within four so we'll have time to consider their information. Tsukino-taichou, you will be responsible for equipping and instruct them on this mission. They are to meet the Hollow leadership and gather as much data on their city as possible."

"Myself, I will make an announcement in my new role as a Commander-General. I expect it to not be to everyone's liking, but there's something I need you to do regarding it." Li turns to glare at Kiba. "No matter how strongly you will disagree with it, you will not openly question or criticize it. If we want to put up a strong front, we need to first put up an unified front. Disagreement between Captains is fine in a meeting like this. It is not fine if it spills out to our troops, like what has happened during the past week between Internal Security, the Combat Division, and SSI. I need you to support me on whatever I will say. Otherwise, our organization will collapse like a house of cards in the wind."

Li returns to joylessly shuffling various papers and reports on the table. "The next meeting will be held over phone. There are so few of us, it's useless to keep conducting meetings like this. Keep your Reiphones with you and on at all times. Tsukino-taichou can provide tech support if you need it."

"You are all dismissed."

Hikaru departs the meeting, and the second she does, she will shunpo away all the way to the other side of Seireitei, wait a good twenty minutes, and then shunpo again pinpointing quickly toward Setsurou's location with no hint of stopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other hand, Wa-Den Eri is returning hastily to Internal Security headquarters. Hopefully, someone will fill him in on the current situation.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Near the libraries

Igarashi doesn't get to search for more than 20 minutes or so, before a raspy voice, accompanied by clanking of a bamboo cane against the pavement, calls out to him.

"Naganori Igarashi. Former member of the SSI. If I've understood correctly, you are one of the returnees from the living realm", Zheng Li Lin. "From Yasunobu Sawada's memo, I gathered you are Hei Chen's right hand man. Unfortunately, according to SSI Senkaimon surveillance, your superior is off to Amsterdam, for some unfathomable reason, so you'll have to stand in for him."

"I hope you have 30 minutes of spare time."
    Igarashi stops walking, and takes a minute to mentally bash himself in the face repeatedly with a spiked club. He makes a mental note to bind Hei in as many Bakudos as he knows the next time they see each other, to assure himself that Hei will NOT go gallivanting off again. Amsterdam?? Even knowing Hei's odd habits, the donuts were better in New York, and the plushies best in Japan. What was he doing in AMSTERDAM? He takes a deep breath to center himself, but when he turns to face the mysterious cane-wielding speaker, his face is smooth and expressionless, showing none of the inner turmoil of thoughts whirling through his mind.

"Of course, Li-Taichou. What did you wish to discuss?" he says calmly.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Hueco Mundo
    Later That Night

Randii holds up a hand in a slightly defensive manner. Hey, just pointing something out. I don't really care how long it takes.

Although...We gonna do some recruiting for the week thing? Or are we just gonna take any volunteers the day of?
    Tinja nods distractedly. "Yeah, I know. Recruiting for the first week is Jehoel's problem, though I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you tackled it instead. His idea, his problem. Personally I think he should just let the Shinigami handle it another couple of weeks, but hey.

Tinja pauses, and holds up a finger. Chewing on the end of her quill for a moment, she spins and scrawls in a quick sentence, then spins the chair back. She yawns and stretches, then winces as the pain kicks in, but there is a smile on her face.

Though concerning the army, you might want to care. I was going to put you in charge of the Seventh Flota."

Tinja's sharpened canines are clearly visible as she grins widely at her Fraccion.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-06-21 at 02:42 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Near the libraries

If Li had to guess, Hei Chen probably went there to benefit from laxer laws concerning certain psychoactive plants - that is, to 'get high smokin' some weed, yo'.

"Well, first I wanted to confirm that you will be overtaking Yasunobu-san's new construction project, correct? They will be the new Division grounds for your 'Ministry of Defense'." Igarashi might not have seen Zheng Li Lin too many times in the past, but it's rather obvious the new Commander has seen better days. Li's hands are covered by silk gloves, lips of the elder are mildly burned, and one eye is still bloodshot as if recovering from infection.

"Yasunobu Sawada has sadly left for a mission to Hueco Mundo, so he won't be able to direct this project anymore. As such, it's useless for you to keep reporting to the SSI. From this point on, you and your men are considered a separate entity, and you and Hei Chen, as Captain and Lieutenant of this Ministry, answer directly to me."

"I would like you to take a headcount of your troops later today and send it as a report to me, with names and ranks and all. Yasunobu-san did leave his version, but I'd like a comparison point so I can check if it's still accurate."
    The word Li is thinking is 'truthful' instead of 'accurate', but Igarashi doesn't need to know that. After Sawada's stunt, the Commander is hardly going to trust him to not have placed some trick within this iniative as well.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post

Hikaru departs the meeting, and the second she does, she will shunpo away all the way to the other side of Seireitei, wait a good twenty minutes, and then shunpo again pinpointing quickly toward Setsurou's location with no hint of stopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other hand, Wa-Den Eri is returning hastily to Internal Security headquarters. Hopefully, someone will fill him in on the current situation.
    Elsewhere in Seireitei

"...hmmm?"

Setsurou feels the urge to look up. He sees a quickly approaching dot.

"...is it a bird? A plane? Wait, there are no planes in--"

And then he promptly gets snatched up by Hikaru like a mouse by a bird of prey, only to be released at an undisclosed location with his ear hurting like a million centipede bites and his eyes a-swirly.

"...no mommy, I don't wanna go to school today..."

He shakes his head momentarily to clear his confusion, and then looks back to Hikaru.

"...Tsukino-san? What..."

He notices what a secluded spot they're in, and suddenly blushes bright red and squirms in place, knees rubbing against each other.

"...no, no! BAD Tsukino-san! That is so not how you ask someone on a date at all! You gotta have a little love, a little romance...!"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Outside Phoenix Temple)

Chouko forwards the as-of-yet unmentioned books to Koutarou, yawning boredly. As that plot hole is closed up, the cyborg girl picks the conversation with Hideki back up.

"So, yo, Koutetsu. What say we talk more about this new club of ours over drinks? You're buyin', right?" She grins ear-to-ear.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

She was just leaving when a group from the SSI arrived with Sho in hand - great she thought wearily. "I don't suppose that IS ever appeared to apprehend her. And given that she is in captivity and not dead of severely broken she came back willingly without a body count?" that was at least good news.

"What happened", her voice tired, all she wanted to do was speak to Kiba about cohesion between squads given that the hospitals might be full soon enough - but this was something that could not wait she supposed.
    Castus ends up looking slightly surprised at the fact that Med and Log was apparently looking for the girl as well.

"Nah IS didn't show up, a couple of pack division members and Koutarou from HQ ended up showing up though when the alarm when off at one of the SSI libraries.

Apparently she had taken it upon herself to broaden her horizons and was looking though the books. Anyway once everyone had shown up we went in for a look about and she tried to slip past us, unfortunately for her she ended up getting stuck between two barriers.

So after that she challenged Koutarou to a duel where she got slapped around for abit before surrendering and that brings us up to the present.

Since your lot were looking for her i take it you have some SekiSeki cuffs ready for her then. Unless you want to keep her leashed of course."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    (Outside Phoenix Temple)

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Chouko is mostly passive throughout the fight. When Sho announces her surrender, however, she shifts one of her crossed arms out and makes complex, fast-paced motions with her hands to Masaru.

Spoiler
    Show
    KnightDisciple Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "She surrendered. Ain't what you bet on."

...It's likely she doesn't count on that flying, but hey, worth a try.

She also sends a text to update Hideki, but obviously doesn't tell him to stand down just yet.
    Masaru sighs and shakes his head, before giving her a weak thumb's up.

If there's one think Chouko can count on Masaru being, it's a stickler for his word, including bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Soul Society - Aftermath of DUEL OF EPIC FATE

"Please tell him to let me know which books she handled. It's kinda in poor form to dance after a duel when your opponent has yielded, anyway." Kamen Rider noted as he proceeded to walk inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Masaru follows, he'll see Koutarou slump to one knee as he dismisses his Shikai once he's well inside the library hall. His breathing is somewhat labored and he sports a large bruise on his forehead.

"I think she may well have given me a bloody concussion.", he mumbles as the tension of the battle leaves his body. "Might've cracked my ribs, too. Damnable waste. If she weren't so self-centered, she could go further than this. I guess it's up to me to educate her from the ground up."
    Masaru nods as the info on the appropriated books is passed on, before moving into the library with Koutarou.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Koutarou slumps, Masaru will help ease him to his knees. There is a frown on his face.

"Self-centered? Respectfully sir, she's insane. Just watching her eyes, the way she carries herself...She has literally no regard for anyone or anything.

Her only "use" for us is as an attack dog pointed at the enemy. She will never be a proper member of the Gotei. If someone tries to make her so, it will be the day I'm no longer ready to be part of this organization.

Incidentally, why did you go with Blind Guardian instead of Rider or Sabbath? Either would have better worked against her obvious strengths of speed and precision. Though I'm curious how she seemingly magically blunted your Railgun attack, even with you slowing it down. Might be worth someone trying to study...
    "

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Near the libraries

If Li had to guess, Hei Chen probably went there to benefit from laxer laws concerning certain psychoactive plants - that is, to 'get high smokin' some weed, yo'.

"Well, first I wanted to confirm that you will be overtaking Yasunobu-san's new construction project, correct? They will be the new Division grounds for your 'Ministry of Defense'." Igarashi might not have seen Zheng Li Lin too many times in the past, but it's rather obvious the new Commander has seen better days. Li's hands are covered by silk gloves, lips of the elder are mildly burned, and one eye is still bloodshot as if recovering from infection.

"Yasunobu Sawada has sadly left for a mission to Hueco Mundo, so he won't be able to direct this project anymore. As such, it's useless for you to keep reporting to the SSI. From this point on, you and your men are considered a separate entity, and you and Hei Chen, as Captain and Lieutenant of this Ministry, answer directly to me."

"I would like you to take a headcount of your troops later today and send it as a report to me, with names and ranks and all. Yasunobu-san did leave his version, but I'd like a comparison point so I can check if it's still accurate."
    The word Li is thinking is 'truthful' instead of 'accurate', but Igarashi doesn't need to know that. After Sawada's stunt, the Commander is hardly going to trust him to not have placed some trick within this iniative as well.
    Igarashi frowns at Li's injuries before responding. "The Ninth will take over the construction of the White Tiger Temple, yes, assuming that was what you were referring to."

He nods acquiescence to Li's assertion as well as her request for a headcount. "Expect the write-up by this evening. Ranks might be difficult as we were just founded yesterday and haven't as of yet had time to assign seats, but it should also be done by tonight."

He pauses. "You seem unwell. Do you require assistance?"
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Outside Phoenix Temple)

Masaru sighs and shakes his head, before giving her a weak thumb's up.

If there's one think Chouko can count on Masaru being, it's a stickler for his word, including bets.

Masaru nods as the info on the appropriated books is passed on, before moving into the library with Koutarou.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Koutarou slumps, Masaru will help ease him to his knees. There is a frown on his face.

"Self-centered? Respectfully sir, she's insane. Just watching her eyes, the way she carries herself...She has literally no regard for anyone or anything.

Her only "use" for us is as an attack dog pointed at the enemy. She will never be a proper member of the Gotei. If someone tries to make her so, it will be the day I'm no longer ready to be part of this organization.

Incidentally, why did you go with Blind Guardian instead of Rider or Sabbath? Either would have better worked against her obvious strengths of speed and precision. Though I'm curious how she seemingly magically blunted your Railgun attack, even with you slowing it down. Might be worth someone trying to study...
    "
    Spoiler
    Show

Koutarou seemed impressed at Masaru's assessment. He had no idea the Pack member knew so much of his strengths.
    "Psychological effect. When it comes to a fighter like her, in the position she was in, you can't expect a break. She would've just kept going and going the second she got a hit in - her advantage lied in her shorter range being harder to counter once she got going.

Besides, neither of my finishers in Rider or Sabbath are things I can hold back. And Railgun has the advantage of locking the enemy to the ground while I execute it.

As for how she did it, I am guessing she used her Reiatsu to cushion the blow. That's the only reason she would have used her fingertips rather than attempt to veer the blow off by striking the handle or the side of the hammerhead.

She may well only be useful as an attack dog, Masaru-kun, but a leash alone will not make her an efficient one. With her, it's about submission and recognition. She will need to get it through her damn skull that she favors no one, even herself, by behaving the way she does. Even a dog needs a reason to bare its teeth."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #135

Elsewhere in Seireitei

"...hmmm?"

Setsurou feels the urge to look up. He sees a quickly approaching dot.

"...is it a bird? A plane? Wait, there are no planes in--"

And then he promptly gets snatched up by Hikaru like a mouse by a bird of prey, only to be released at an undisclosed location with his ear hurting like a million centipede bites and his eyes a-swirly.

"...no mommy, I don't wanna go to school today..."

He shakes his head momentarily to clear his confusion, and then looks back to Hikaru.

"...Tsukino-san? What..."

He notices what a secluded spot they're in, and suddenly blushes bright red and squirms in place, knees rubbing against each other.

"...no, no! BAD Tsukino-san! That is so not how you ask someone on a date at all! You gotta have a little love, a little romance...!"
    As they slow to a halt and Setsurou finds time to make his usual remarks, Hikaru takes a seat in an already prepared chair. She ignores the things he says and continues on with her own thoughts. Hardly seeming like she's even talking to him.
    "Do you enjoy making me look like an idiot?"
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

A bit... unexpected, that was.

He didn't realize Hikaru could act so calm when she was angry.

"When have I done that? I had it on good authority I was the idiot here."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Outside Phoenix Temple)

Chouko forwards the as-of-yet unmentioned books to Koutarou, yawning boredly. As that plot hole is closed up, the cyborg girl picks the conversation with Hideki back up.

"So, yo, Koutetsu. What say we talk more about this new club of ours over drinks? You're buyin', right?" She grins ear-to-ear.
    Soul Society
    Visorphone

"Sure. It is the sacred duty of the nobility of Seireitei to keep the unwashed masses happy and drunk. Just see who else you can grab for the division."

Freaking, faceless, facetious, f...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #138

Hueco Mundo
    Later That Night

At Tinja's suggestion, Randii falls silent for a moment. Odd that she didn't have some kind of quick reply to that. Seems Tinja caught her off guard.

Finally, she tilts her head a little. Really? Me leading a Flota? That's...unexpected...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Sato looks up from his tea. "Come in. I arranged for you to be first because I have heard rumors among the students that you are close to achieving Shikai, if you have not already. If this is true, you could very well end up in a command position very soon. Tell me, what do you consider to be your strengths?"
    ((bumping, in case of last post curse))
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    (Outside Phoenix Temple)

Spoiler
    Show

Koutarou seemed impressed at Masaru's assessment. He had no idea the Pack member knew so much of his strengths.
    "Psychological effect. When it comes to a fighter like her, in the position she was in, you can't expect a break. She would've just kept going and going the second she got a hit in - her advantage lied in her shorter range being harder to counter once she got going.

Besides, neither of my finishers in Rider or Sabbath are things I can hold back. And Railgun has the advantage of locking the enemy to the ground while I execute it.

As for how she did it, I am guessing she used her Reiatsu to cushion the blow. That's the only reason she would have used her fingertips rather than attempt to veer the blow off by striking the handle or the side of the hammerhead.

She may well only be useful as an attack dog, Masaru-kun, but a leash alone will not make her an efficient one. With her, it's about submission and recognition. She will need to get it through her damn skull that she favors no one, even herself, by behaving the way she does. Even a dog needs a reason to bare its teeth."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru grunted...then nodded.

"That makes sense, Vice-Captain. Though I worry about whether we can really get the right ideas into her skull..."

He sighed and offered the other man his hand.

"Let's go double-check those books."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Soul Society - Library

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thanks." Koutarou took the offered hand.

"Talk about a splitting headache." The Vice-Captain noted with a frown. "If it weren't for the Guardian's helmet she could have fractured my damn skull."

With that said, he set about looking for said books.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Hueco Mundo
    [That Night]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Hueco Mundo
    Later That Night

At Tinja's suggestion, Randii falls silent for a moment. Odd that she didn't have some kind of quick reply to that. Seems Tinja caught her off guard.

Finally, she tilts her head a little. Really? Me leading a Flota? That's...unexpected...
    Well, actually, you'd, in practice, be the vice-commander for the entire army, but you know, figured we'd start small.

Tinja is clearly enjoying the normally unflappable Randii's surprise. It wasn't often that Randii didn't have a ready retort, as many had found to their chagrin. As such, Tinja enjoys those moments when she can spring something on her Fraccion. Times like these.

"On the desk over there, you'll find a prototype commander's outfit. The black one with the gold seven emblazoned on the shoulder. Of course, you can modify that if you wish,"

Here Tinja shrugs. "...it was just an initial thought.

The post is also voluntary, of course. You dont have to take it, but just think -- if you don't join, you'll be missing out on all the spiffy free uniforms. "
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Outside Las Noches)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoel
    “Regardless, I tire of this.”
    Jehoel’s hand closes on Kiba’s fist, and the shinigami grimaces in pain and grits his teeth as the bones crack and crumple.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback
    (A long time ago in one of the outer districts of Rukongai)

The young boy is tossed to the ground easily by the older thugs, the girl in their arms, bound and gagged, squirming to get loose. “And stay down ya little freak!” The boy’s wolf ears twitch as he does the exact opposite: he gets right back up and attacks again, only for the thug’s leader to grab the boy by the fist and squeeze hard enough to break it. The boy screams in pain, accompanied by the sickening crack of the bones in his hand. “Didn’t ya hear me the first time? Or are those lil freak ears just for show?” The boy starts swinging his legs and free arm in a desperate attempt to do something, but the thugs just laugh. “Brat, we’re the baddest gang in Rukon. Even if you were all grown up we’d kick your dog-boy ass. You ain’t got a chance against us.”
    Jehoel's open palm smashes into Kiba's collar bone, the Shinigami either not attempting to block or not having any time to block. Kiba can feel the force rippling through his flesh, muscle, and bone like a cannon to the chest.

The hollow plunges its teeth into the unprotected neck of the wolf-boy, slamming him against the iron bars, rattling the cage while the mildly amused noble sat outside, watching the spectacle. The boy should have been dead. But somehow he fights on against a monster several times his size. The hollow must have just missed the jugular. The noble watched passively and sipped from a small glass of red liquid as the carnage in the cage continued. The boy somehow managed to climb onto the small of the hollow’s back, just outside of its reach, and plunge his arms into the hollow’s necrotic flesh, and starting to tear it apart piece by piece. It could not truly be killed without a Zanpakuto, but that did not stop the boy from leaving it in a bloody mess on the floor. Satisfied with the lack of movement from the hollow, the boy turned to the noble, grabbing onto the bars in a vain attempt to shake them loose. “LET ME OUT!” The noble quietly sipped from his goblet before replying. “As a reward for the entertainment you’ve provided, I will, this one time, address you directly. You are now my property. You will either fight for my amusement, or die for my amusement. If you do not resist and your actions please me, you will at least live the rest of your pathetic life in as much luxury as a dog like you could expect. Certainly better than what you’re used to in Rukon. If you resist, when you’re not entertaining me or my guests you can share your quarters in the dungeon with the rest of the hollows.” “YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME! LET ME OUT!” “I can do anything I want. I am a member of a noble house, and an officer of the Gotei. My word may as well be law when it comes to you pathetic peasants from Rukon. You’re nothing more than a wild beast.”
    Kiba gets attacked from all sides with a flurry of strikes, seemingly defenseless as Jehoel pummels him.

The feral beast gets knocked to the back of the cage again. These opponents are different from the hollows it usually has to kill. For one there are many of them, for another they are equipped and clothed. “This one fights like a hollow, but it looks like a person.” “No, it doesn't fight like a hollow, it fights like a beast.” “Appropriate considering those weird ears.” “I dunno, it still feels weird putting him down with the rest of the hollows.” “Hey dog-boy, can you understand any of this?” The men in black cloaks made strange noises that confused the beast. The beast did not like being confused. It lunged towards the nearest opponent, taking it by surprise as its claws and teeth went for the exposed throat. Only for one of the others to strike it in the back of the head with the flat of its blade. “Wow this thing's uncontrollable.” “Even the hollows know better than to attack Soul Society's Combat Division.” The beast leaped up to attack, only to be struck in the rib again. “Make sure this thing is incapacitated. Then let's take it to the Kenpachi. Let him decide what to do with this thing.” The beast stood no chance as the men in black cloaks surrounded it and beat it into submission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoel
    “Bala Aqua.”
    Kiba is covered in the rainstorm of bullet-like projectiles, blood from the countless fresh wounds mixing with the water as it falls to the desert sands. When the barrage ends, Kiba is still standing in far worse condition than he was before. His knees seem to start to buckle, before his fists clench, his muscles tense as he forces himself to keep standing.

“You want me to talk? Fine.”

Kiba remains in his position, as if he's inviting the next attack from Jehoel. The head wrap falls from his head from the damage of the Bala Aqua, revealing his animal ears .

“I never saw the point. Mid-fight insults. Banter. They are crutches. Ways to distract one's opponent from the fight. And ways to distract one's self from the fight.”

“Call me a beast. A wolf. A pup. A whelp. You aren't the first. It made no difference to me then or now. Why would I care about your opinion or your approval? Why should you care about mine? After all, to you I'm just an insignificant whelp.”

“You're stronger than me, sure. Otherwise this wouldn't be worth the trip. If I thought I could kill you so easily it wouldn't be worth coming at all. But you say I can't possible comprehend the gap between us? I've heard that too many times before to be able to take it seriously. You're not some incomprehensible power. You're just like any other opponent. What do you have that the Kenpachi didn't? A little rain?”

“Tell me you're going easy. I've taken stronger attacks from the Kenpachi's off-hand. Why don't you try hitting me harder this time, hollow? Maybe use both hands or release your Zanpakuto. Maybe this time you can actually knock me down.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society-Library area

Naijeru sees everyone leaving the area once again leaving him with nothing to do. Letting out a small sigh he heads off letting the others do their jobs and so that Masaru and Koutarou could get to doing whatever they were doing. As he had finished his patrol he decided to head off the Combat division barracks to make use of the training fields. His mind wandered back to the battle between Koutarou and Sho. He wonders just what factors led to Sho's rather unnatural ability. Was it just an affinity for Hakuda? Or was something else the source? Putting it at the back of his mind for now he immersed himself in training.

25. - Top - End - #145

Hueco Mundo
    Later That Night

Randii strolls over to where the new uniform is, her smirk returning.

Well, with an incentive like that, who could say no?

She'll pick up the uniform and look it over. Oh yeah. Definitely gonna have to modify it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Near the libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Igarashi frowns at Li's injuries before responding. "The Ninth will take over the construction of the White Tiger Temple, yes, assuming that was what you were referring to."

He nods acquiescence to Li's assertion as well as her request for a headcount. "Expect the write-up by this evening. Ranks might be difficult as we were just founded yesterday and haven't as of yet had time to assign seats, but it should also be done by tonight."

He pauses. "You seem unwell. Do you require assistance?"

"This?", Li asks, glancing at Li's covered hands. "Nothing a good night's rest or two won't fix. I'm much better than expected, really. But thank you for your concern." The elder quickly returns to the actual subject matter.

"The White Tiger Temple, yes. I believe that's what Sawada called it. I'm impressed at how quickly its construction has progressed considering it wasn't started too long ago. Keep up the good work." Li pulls out a stack of papers from folds of Li's haori. "Also, here's something I want you to look at - your first formal assignment in your new role. I want you to study whether it is possible to wrap Dangai around Seireitei so that you can't travel to it from the Void."

If Igarashi takes a look at the papers, he'll find the topmost one has a rather simple diagram consisting of three circles, one labeled Earth, second labeled Soul Society and third labeled Hueco Mundo. The circles form a triangle, the first circle touching both of the others, and the last two touching Earth and each other. A thick blue line is drawn over where Earth and Soul Society connect, and a thick black line over where Earth and Hueco Mundo connect - the first titled 'Dangai', and the second titled 'the Void'. A much thinner black line, also titled 'the Void', separates Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.

"Dangai is the hedge world separating us from Earth. It is a much stronger natural barrier than what separates us from Hueco Mundo. For some reason, the distance between afterlives is much less than their distance to Earth. The only reason Hollows don't more commonly find here is because they usually get stuck in Hueco Mundo on the way."

"Frankly, I have no clue even in theory what it would take to warp our dimensional interface enough to channel all further Hollow incursions into Dangai. But something like that must be possible, as that's how the Soul King separated his realm from Soul Society. I don't know what device or power they used to do it back then, but it's your task to reverse-engineer the concept. Nothing really changes if you fail, but if you succeed, it may ensure at least a defensive victory for us."

27. - Top - End - #147

[Hueco Mundo]
    That "Night"

Jehoel, his vicious assault finishes, flips backwards out of the air and lands on the ground a few meters away from Kiba. As the head wrapping falls, Jehoel's eyes dart to Kiba's ears, taking them in before returning their focus to the Shinigami's face. When their eyes meet, there is a new element in them; something searching, a slight curiosity that was previously absent. He listens to Kiba's speech without moving, giving no indications of his thoughts on the matter. After Kiba finishes talking, Jehoel responds. His voice is now less irritated and scornful, and is now closer to the polite manner of speech he uses more commonly.

"You say that you cannot take my claims of superiority seriously, yet when you analyze me you are entirely incorrect, because, as I said, you cannot comprehend one in my position."

He folds his arms over his chest.

"I am not a warrior by nature, Kiba. I will not claim to detest combat; it simply holds no interest to me. I have fought few individuals who posed even the most remote threat to my life. I could lie down here and sleep and it is unlikely you would even be able to wake me up, let alone injure me. Yet, by any reasonable standard, you are an impressively strong individual."

"Banter, conversations; they are not crutches for me, not in the sense that you mean. When I am curious, they allow me to know more about my opponent. When I am not, they allow me to better pass the time as I deal with the tedium of dispatching an opponent. I am not trying to distract you and create an opening. I am not trying to distract myself from my own mortality. Both are irrelevant and unnecessary."

"You ask why you should care about my opinion? You shouldn't. And yet, it's amazingly easy to break an individual with words. I have talked great warriors into killing themselves before they even tried to lay a finger on me. I have shattered dreams and slain hope in the most strong-willed opponents. That's not the only reason I share my thoughts, however. For every enemy of unflinching resolve I have broken, I have rekindled hope in one who held wavering conviction. My words are not to break or aid. Simply to explore."

"You say that my power is not incomprehensible. I fail to see why you must state the obvious. I am not some god. I am a Hollow. An Arrancar. There are limits to my power, just like anyone else. My statement was an extrapolation. I assumed that you intended to accomplish something in this mission of yours. Clearly, I was wrong."

He unfolds his arms and begins examining one of his hands.

"You want to know what I have that the Kenpachi didn't? Centuries of experience. I am ancient, Kiba. Apart from that, our abilities are too dissimilar to be truly compared. And no, I was not holding back. I fought you in exactly the same way that I would fight most anyone else."

He lets the hand fall to his side, returning his gaze to Kiba.

"If you insist on challenging my power, I will accept that. Your imitation, however, is ridiculous; it implies that I failed in a goal I had set out. The goal of striking someone is to wound them; thus my advice. Conversely, when I attacked, I ground most of the bones in your right hand, to fragments, fractured your collarbone, broke five of your ribs, and inflicted seventeen flesh wounds with my Bala Agua. If you were a human, or even a normal Shinigami, you would be dead. The mere fact that you can stand is impressive enough, but 'knocking you over' was never my intent. I wonder if you can actually resist when it is."

Jehoel shifts his stance, then blurs forward until he is directly in front of Kiba, his right arm retracted. Again, he strikes forward with a blindingly open palm strike. Unlike the previous time, however, the force of this blow is dispersed, rather than concentrated; aimed to blow Kiba straight off of his feet instead of inflicting serious harm.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

Some elements of the story didn't track to her, but she didn't question them.

She waved off the concern "no cuffs, or leash" her voice weary, "after the second event at the academy when she was unconscious I don't want her overly taxed, and she would tax herself against any restraints" that likely wouldn't explain anything unless the man had followed it carefully.

Folding her arms so that her hands were in the opposing sleeves she considered "her only real crimes today seem to be going Absence without leave, and reading without permission, as the new acting captain of her assigned division I think I can let both slide" there was obviously something going on but what it was she wasn't stating publicly.

"Sabitsura Sho please report to med center 4 for review and treatment" turning to a nearby unseated member of the division "please take a treatment kit and see that Vice-Captain Koutarou is ok - do a through evaluation" she would not have put it past the girl to time delay something.

"Castus-san if you would accompany me for a moment I believe that there is something you may be interested in", she gestured to the building.

She fully expected the girl to be released, and her requests to be heeded.

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Sabitsura Sho

She stopped analyzing her bindings as as the woman and man spoke, so she was to be released.

This woman had read her well, that was dangerous - danger should be eliminated. But not yet, and not now.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-06-24 at 07:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Soul Society - Monastery of the Ho-ou

The officers restraining Sho shared a look between themselves. One of them spoke up.

"With... all due respect, ma'am, Vice-Captain Koutarou ordered that she be restrained. Treated, but restrained." The seated officer meekly noted. "Considering she has escaped LogMed custody once before, her history, and how much trouble it was to apprehend her... I would think it best to follow that order. It DOES come from the second-highest officer in the Command Division, after all."

Ah, classic chain of command debacle.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Hueco Mundo
    Valentina leaves the baths. It seems the arm has fully regenerated. Am I correct?

If so, she returns to her own Palacio and begins directing clean-up after the destruction of Hueco Mundo's ceiling and subsequent destruction of lots of stuff below that.

Soul Society

Nicole continues on doing normal Shinigami stuff.

Academy
    Peredur sighs in response.

The noble then holds out his broken sword. "I have reached Shikai. But I obviously didn't have enough strength to maintain it, so it broke," he says. "I don't even know what Kyou Zou does."

Then, he gets around to answering the question. "My strengths? I'm good at seals, barriers, and healing. Mostly defensive and curative powers. Offensive Kido and swordfighting haven't come as easily as those. Also, I'm faster than most of the other students; I've been practicing my whole life." As a noble, he was trained in the art/science of Flash Step.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.