New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLII

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The young redhead looks offended at the suggestion that she'd double-cross somebody. I wanna get rich, but I ain't greedy. Work a job with me and we'll both get what we earned, fair and square. Never hurt anyone in me life. Her tone slips from complete sincerity back to playfulness. Oh, sure, but that would be fun, wouldn't it? Like a race to wake up and shake down.

"My apologies. I admit that I can be a touch paranoid at times. If that's a true offer, I'd be glad to join you sometime, if I'm not otherwise engaged,"
    the witch answers, sounding just as sincere, before nodding, tone shifting back to one better fitted for joking as well. Not that agreeing to work with her that suddenly was the wisest course to take, perhaps, admittedly, but the last thing she needs is a blood-feud... "True... And I do know a fair bit about potions and sleight of hand, so I could probably manage to slip you something to keep you well asleep for a while. Though I admit, that would feel somewhat like cheating."

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Halfling in the Playground

"It is indeed gargantuan in...size. And due to the nature of the...Nexus, it is a very odd city. Little bits of countless styles of...architecture, new religions appearing daily, all kinds of food, all kinds of...people." The Cricketbatman does like going for the occasional stroll through Inside.

Always something new and interesting to see.

"It is however also incredibly busy, and full of...crime. When you throw together bits and pieces from every...world in existence, such things are inevitable."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know if I was making an offer so much as stating a fact, darling. But I have many talents; if you had a job that required any of them and were willing to cut me in, I'd be interested. Ally shrugs, a vulpine smirk on her lips. Only thing that's ever made me sleep past dawn's been satisfied exhaustion. I'd try that before drugging me.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie comes down from upstairs and gets a spot at the bar where she orders some Gyro's and a hard cider. She starts to munch on the gyros and sip on her drink.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "A biiiiiiiig city!" Zee replies, making as large of a motion with her arms as is possible. Or... as is impossible. She just gestured the exact size of Inside. Given that Inside has no set area and may very well be infinite in its extent this looks really odd.

"Bigger than you can imagine! With anything you can imagine in it! And probably a bunch of stuff you can't imagine, too!"

Suddenly Zee is standing next to Applejack, moving to put an arm around her should so she can wave her other hand at all the limitless possibilities.

"Anywhere you have ever wanted to be or see! You can find it here!"

Anywhere.

And anything.

It can be a bit overwhelming.
    "Well, I reckon that sounds like a proper dream city alright."
    At some point, Applejack has finally started eating that sandwich.

Gives her something to do while trying to not be weirded out by monkey-Pinkie getting all...touchy.
    Because that's a fairly Pinkie thing to do, so getting fussed over it is fairly pointless.
    "So my choices are anythin' up to and includin' criminals. That's not vague or nothin'.
    Maybe if there was some excitement in a less...urban spot?"

Thick city areas are icky.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #1176

"Well then you could just go Outside instead, silly!" Zee laughs. Obviously. If you don't want to be inside a city then you just go outside it. How could things possibly be any less complicated than that?

Zee tromps over to the door of the tavern and throws it open, revealing the crazy bustling masses of Inside!

Then she closes the door and opens it again.

This time?

This time it opens onto the side of an old dirt road with mango orchards stretching off as far as the eye can see!

...except each of the trees appears to be growing on the back of some kind of enormous wooden tortoise that's slowly plodding along the fields and pausing now and again to chew on fantastically convoluted cacti.

"See?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door to Trog's opens up and a octopus swings inside and lands on the floor crawling across the floor and looking around till he spots Angie sitting at the bar still sipping her drink her gyros already gone.

It quickly crawls over to and up the bar stool next Angie.

"Ah Miss Angie correct. I am the Fabian Littoral, I believe you were expecting me."

"Yes I was. So shall we get down to business?"

Fabian makes a gesture that could be a nod and then winds two of his tentacles that flash with color as he summons up a briefcase. He quickly opens it up and starts to go through the papers. It seems that they are financial documents of some sort.

Seems they are talking about some investments.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Not very many of them. Dalachrech Himself stays in His realm, where He has control over every single detail. He is not on this plane, and you probably won't meet Him unless you pray to Him." Or at least visit His temple during a sermon. Dalachrech stays in the Abyss, He's not wandering around. When He appears on-screen, it's usually an important event.
    ((Sorry about that unexpected deadtime)) ((Truly sorry.))
    Also, sorry for not posting for a while.
    Benjamin the cow-wrasslin' gun-slingin' time-stopper nods as she talks. "Hm. That's interesting," he says, doing filler-talk. Though, not as interesting as his body language tells, as he yawns, a little sleepy. Although, this might also be because of jet lag. After all, you can't come from India to Nexus without feeling a little sleepy, even if you abuse deadtime.
    I was in Idaho today!.
    "So, other than goin' to churches and drinkin', what's there to do in this little town?" Being a cowboy, he uses an exaggeration.
    This town's not so little.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Pixie in the Playground

Isla's there too! She's just been really quiet due to author neglect a disinterest in talk about deities that no longer exist on her world, and also a fear of just about everything around them.

"You have a town with a thousand different people, of different species, from different worlds. Bet it isn't hard to find conflict, Ben, if that's what you're looking for." The idea obviously doesn't thrill the young redhead however.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Orc in the Playground

"Lots. There's a local Mercenaries Guild, named the Neutralist Organisation, or NO, that might interest you. Alternately, there's often somebody shady sitting in a bar who needs help saving their village, or have rumours about a long-abandoned temple full of gold, magic and possibly monsters. Or you could leave the town, walk in a random direction and you'll find either somebody that needs help, a mysterious ruin or an attempted ambush." People don't do the last one often enough. I love posting mysterious ruins for such people to investigate.

Gertrude turns to Isla. "As I don't think you'd be as interested in that sort of thing, there's the Good League of Good, better known as GLoG. They focus on redeeming evil-doers and raising children."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1181

Cassidy manages to prevent further blood loss, especially if she removes the jacket and helmet to get to the wounds beneath them. The breastplate is undamaged, and most of the wounds can be accessed without removing it. The wounds look to be caused by claws or talons rather than swords or knives. Blood is trickling from his mouth; should she check, his tongue has been ripped out. Recently, too.
    Cassidy doesn't think there's anything else she can do, but she does remove the jacket and helmet. she used up all of her bandaging, but she figures he'd owe her something. She takes another look at the paper. Sznovf? She has no idea where that could be.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    There's no sign at all where this dog came from. The dog is very pleased by the belly rub. It seems that he's been on the streets for a while, judging by the smell. There are a lot of knots in hi's hair, and he seems to be about a pound underweight (and that is actually quite bad, considering this breed of dog is only about four pounds to begin with).
    The man orders a plate of fries, and begins to eat them, attempting to give a few to the dog between putting handfuls of them in his own mouth. He appears rather hungry.

The blonde elf with dirty clothes and vest makes his way over to the bar, rather slow and tired, and watches him feed the dog from a couple seats over.
    avvie by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Orc in the Playground

The jacket or his jeans might be suitable bandage material; I'm not an expert, though, and I'm probably wrong. Regardless, it just so happens there's a map in his pocket, slightly bloodstained and rather old, but still accurate.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Cassidy thought of using some of the man's clothes, but decided that the dirt and muck created a risk of infection, which was never a good thing. She picks up the man and carries him upstairs, intended to rent him a room so he can rest. Then she'll consult the map, check ammo, and make way for the small town. Maybe helping them would get her some money, or at least favors.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Orc in the Playground

Or it might result in a horribly gory death. Nearly happened to this dude, after all.

The guy will, if left on his own upstairs, slowly depart the mortal realm. If Cassidy comes back soon, she won't have to explain why the rented room smells so bad.

To the hamlet of Sznovf!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Well now, that's quite the door ya got there."
    Applejack follows Zee over to the doorway, peering out as it changes sceneries.

Even waves a hoof through it to confirm they're different.
    Which is silly, she knows, since this is a dream. Why would a dream have to follow silly doorway logic like at home?

"So if we open it a couple more times..."
    Assuming the Farmaid doesn't decide to interrupt, the earth pony will give the door a swing for herself.

Pool...nah, cliff...not really, skyscraper? Ick.
    Oh hey, a park. That seems nice enough.
    "I'm gonna assume that nothin's gonna try to eat me in here."

She moves to leave!
    "Oh! And thank ya Pinkie Pie. You've been mighty helpful."
    Surprisingly.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #1187

Zee waves cheerfully as the pony departs!

"Bye Applejack! Have fun at the park! You probably won't get eaten but there are still adventures to be had!"

Wait...

How did she know Applejack's name?

She never mentioned it did she?

"I read the narrative text, silly! That's the best way to do it!"

...right.

Moving on.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Ashley enters the tavern yet again. Something odd about her is that she isn't wearing her cloak anymore. And her left arm is wrapped in a bandage. She sits at a table and orders a glass of wine.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Halfling in the Playground

Blasted deadtime.

It's always striking at the most inconvenient of times. The Cricketbatman comes out of a coupl'a days or so of the stuff and brushes it off.

Aaand then he looks around.

No pony.

Well, crap.

The Cricketbatman grabs his cricket bat and runs for the door, pausing briefly to throw some money at Zee for the table and shout something rude at her for letting the damn pony out of her sight.

And then he's out the door and gone.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

The blonde elf hippy sits, staring at the ceiling, as he is leaned back in a booth with a small radio playing slow tempo music. He has a beer upon the table, which he takes a sip from every once in a while as he spaces out.
    avvie by Sneak

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chas the mage View Post
    The man orders a plate of fries, and begins to eat them, attempting to give a few to the dog between putting handfuls of them in his own mouth. He appears rather hungry.

The blonde elf with dirty clothes and vest makes his way over to the bar, rather slow and tired, and watches him feed the dog from a couple seats over.
    The dog is barking happily, accepting each and every fry that he is given. At this point, a large Warforged walks into the bar. When it sees the man and the dog, it'll start walking towards them.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hey," the man says with a wave as he sees the Warforged approaching, "This your dog?" He feeds him a couple more fries before he looks back up for a response.
    avvie by Sneak

23. - Top - End - #1193

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "You have a town with a thousand different people, of different species, from different worlds. Bet it isn't hard to find conflict, Ben, if that's what you're looking for." The idea obviously doesn't thrill the young redhead however.
    "Lots. There's a local Mercenaries Guild, named the Neutralist Organisation, or NO, that might interest you. Alternately, there's often somebody shady sitting in a bar who needs help saving their village, or have rumours about a long-abandoned temple full of gold, magic and possibly monsters. Or you could leave the town, walk in a random direction and you'll find either somebody that needs help, a mysterious ruin or an attempted ambush." People don't do the last one often enough. I love posting mysterious ruins for such people to investigate.
    "I ain't no gun-fer-hire," grumbles Ben the cowboy, his accent coming back as he recalls bitter memories. Only a single half-rotten half of a sandwich in this city, and everyone in the whole blasted town already thinks I'm a no-good dirty war-monger, Benjamin thinks as he moves his grumbling to his mind, appearing a little unpleased, as well, at the thought of looking for a fight in a large city.

His self-created mind rant quickly comes to an end, when he hears talk about the mysterious ruins. He seems much less displeased than he was moments ago. "I've always enjoyed hunting through old forgotten places," remarks Benamin. "Feels a bit more like home. Also has a taste of freedom."

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Well there was this one time in this toy magic land. Ok not only Toy it was splited in 8 regions each with his own kind of magic like evocation and all. It seems like their leaders got beat by something and so there land fekt under Zonmbies... hmm Strange. I can't remember how it went."

He seems to really bother that and doesn't just play it. For real this story had no true end so he never found out what happened there exactly.
    "That's kind of odd, isn't it?" Ormirrah asks, "Have you gotten yourself check for memory altering enchantments?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

A drow dressed in robes of royal blue trimmed in gold enters the tavern. He carried an ornately carved staff of a strange dark wood with a purple hue. A silver scaled pseudodragon had draped itself across his shoulders, presently asleep. Some might recognize the drow as Sornnolu Xar'Cha, one of the more prominent members of the part of the drow House which had settled in the Nexus.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's been a while since Dipsnig was last in Trog's. But with NO's jobs having run dry, it seems like as good a thing to do as any other.
    The goblin comes riding into the tavern, mounted on Viima. He hops off the saddle and heads for the bar, peering around for interesting people. The wolf pads slowly behind him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu may count as an interesting person. The drow had taken a seat, leaning his staff against the table. He was trying to coax the pseudodragon down from his shoulders, but the grumpy reptile was being difficult, not liking having been woken up.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #1198

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    "That's kind of odd, isn't it?" Ormirrah asks, "Have you gotten yourself check for memory altering enchantments?"

"Don't worry about that. If someone would have manipulate my mind I would be the first one noticing. You could tell me about yourself a bit until i remember how things ended."

He smiles innocent just to draw attention to her since her announcement on the wall was.. strange for him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig wanders over nexto Sorn, mentally browsing through his catalogue of names and faces. He thinks he's seen this drow before. He scrambles onto the barstoon next to him and says: Say, don't I know you from somewhere?
    Viima, meanwhile, stares at the pseudodragon.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe we have met before." Sornnolu agrees. "Master Razortooth, was it not?" The drow recalls, similarly searching his own memory.

The pseudodragon crawls over tot he edge of the table to get a closer look at Viima, and lets out a curious squeak.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-07-09 at 06:19 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel