New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Basically I'm bored today, I like building characters. Give me something to build.

If you need a non epic 3.5 character just post below with a rough guideline of what you would like. I usually get it done within 24 hours, however depending on how many I get I may not be able to get to you. If you would like a theme please include it! The more information you can give me the better. I also accept private messages if you dont want someone else that browses the forums to know. Be warned, I make them as powerful as I can within the confines given me, although it may or may not be powerful enough or too powerful for your group, please keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

One build I've been messing around with for years and would like as many opinions on as I can get: PsiGish Archer. Not Soulbow, traditional (C.) Longbow/Greatbow. Any Psionic class is fine but I'd like to focus on psionic buffs so preferably not too heavy use of StP Erudite.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

On the appraise this thread I plan on making one of many possible 12th-13th level builds that includes a seven levels of disciple of mammon. The idea is to make a build that can use the appraise skill to produce the maximum amount of GP per day/month. You're welcome to take a shot at it too. I'm doing this because it is literally the only cool use of the skill that exists in the game.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Mirage Mullah (Sandstorm template) Sorcerer 12 (base race human maybe?) please.

Guardian of an oasis. Punishes trespassers, rewards defense of the oasis.

Elite array: 15,14,13,12,10,8.

All sources OK except psionics, incarnum, truenaming or other subsystems; no Dragon Mag/3rd party.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

How about a level 10 Paladin (any lawful good god for Forgotten Realms).

No level adjustment.
    75 points of total base stats (18 + racials as max starting value).
    Using anything official 3/3.5 sourcebook, so no Dragon Magazine or homebrew stuff.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

A level 2 character with Swift Hunter Druidic Avenger 1 + Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1, you can have both Rage and Whirling Frenzy, both Pounce and Fast Movement, Wis to AC and Druid spellcasting, and also a Favored Enemy.

Find a way to make that awesome, ideally advancing both spells and rage / frenzy. Note that you lose Animal Companion and Wild Shape, so you probably do not want to do the usual thing and take lots of Druid levels.

Off the top of my head, this PC probably wants the feat Extra Rage, which gives +2 uses of both Rage and Whirling Frenzy.

If you get access to Ranger spells, then you can leverage the Favored Enemy a bit. One way to do that would be Chameleon, I guess, but then it's just two weird prefix levels on a Chameleon rather than a build that advances the base Swift Whirling Avenger Lion Spirit ("SWALS").
    Last edited by Nifft; 2018-06-18 at 03:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Here is an idea for ya. A build centered around Assume supernatural ability. The lower the level, and the less casting, the better. Bonus if you can get non undead minions.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So to all my players don't look at this post. You know who you are.

Ok, with that covered here is what I'm looking. I need something that can challenge a party of these five players.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1530515
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1529569
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dbDrcUBNU/edit
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1422357
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1532016

So far the concept I was thinking of was a master of sand sort of inspired by Gaara from Naruto. As for crunch I was thinking possibly Dvati with the Otherworldly feat (Via Celestial Attended Birth) and the evil subtype via Savage Species to get the Evil subtype. Then take levels in FoP and have one possess/animate sand made of crushed voidstone and be sealed in via Imprison Posessor to prevent exorcisions. Then follow up with a Overland Flight spell to get the Voidstone possessor to just ram into things like a big cloud of death or stand in front of the other twin to protect him. As for how to do the offense I'm thinking of having the possessing Dvati do a bullrush through the opponent's squares and have the other one cast Greater Celerity to have him do it again. The second twin probably casting. The buildup I was thinking could work would be a Wizard 8/FoP 5/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7 and use a double warding for the red and indigo veils. The problem is that I don't know what to do next, the players can make the save against voidstone in all but a natural one so as far as we are it's not much of a challenge. Maybe an Assume Supernatural ability with Draconic Polymorph and get Chronotyrin for using two Greater Celerity per round and making 3 per round could be a good idea but still does not solve the fact that they can make the save very easily. Really I just need something to really complete this and make it a challenge. Use as much as you want from what I mentioned on here and replace all you want, if it works it works, just keep the voidstone sand at minimum.

Sources allowed are all 3.5/3.0 first party, wizards web archives and dragon/dungeon magazine. Even campaign setting material from multiple settings is allowed if they are in the sources allowed here. I would rather have it be ECL 20 (LA buyoff allowed).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

All official sources, no home brew. A nature dragon(Dragon type not required, just general appearance)able to alter weather, land, and plants significantly from ecl 1 and have some ok melee potential without changing form if pressed.
    Last edited by Ruethgar; 2018-06-20 at 11:25 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I hope this idea grabs you, because I could use the help. I’m an old-time D&D player in his first 3.5 game, playing a Ranger. He has the Leadership feat, and has been riding a giant owl cohort. But more and more of the adventures have been indoors or underground, and the owl just sits around and waits. So he’s about to release the owl back into the wild. The DM knows this, but does not know that he will then try to attract a wizard cohort. [The party is very poor in arcane magic.]

So I need an 11th level wizard, focused on buff and utility spells, who will stay out of the line of fire whenever possible. I don’t know what stats the DM will allow. Since PCs are 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, let’s guess 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10.

He will be a cohort – always 2 levels less than the rest of the party, so he won’t enter the combat, except for dispels, buffs, maybe some control spells like Wall spells, and possibly escapes. Ideally, once the buffs are in place, he goes invisible and stays out of the line of fire.

Most books are OK, but ridiculous cheese is not. I’m not interested in clever ways to subvert the rules, but I am certainly interested in clever ways to use them effectively. Prestige classes or other races are fine (although “prestige” is not usually associated with cohorts), subject to an alignment of Neutral Good.

If it matters, Gustav is from the Northern forests, his favored enemy is Giants, and he's a Fighter 3 / Ranger 4 / Horizon Walker 6. His favorite line to the rest of the party (all from a large southern city) is, "I will never understand you city folks."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

A functional ~T3 "Bad Class" build of your choice: (soulknife, monk, truenamer, samurai, etc) Challenge: putting as many levels of the bad class into the build as you can. Bonus kudos for using multiple bad classes/prcs

EDIT TO ADD: I don't really need this for anything, so feel free to skip it if you prefer.
    Last edited by mabriss lethe; 2018-06-19 at 10:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

wow that is a lot, almost done with the psionic archer, work got a little tense so I haven't had as much time as usual. But I'll get around to you all! No one has asked for anything outrageous yet (except maybe a nature dragon that can control the weather at level 1)
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I am so happy to see a thread like this. I can't wait to see what you cook up

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Why not make yourself as a dnd character?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

I'd like to see something done with the Osteomancer class. It's a tall order--not a very well designed class to begin with, but a very flavorful one.

This would be a backup character for an existing campaign that is currently on the precipice of level 5 but is expected to reach the teens before completing its campaign, and it would need to fit in to a party that averages around Tier 2. I accept and understand that a decently strong build for this odd class might need to wait a couple extra levels to come online and enter the Osteo PrC, but getting some kind of bone-related abilities by the prospective starting level of 5 would be a plus. I don't mind "wasting" a feat or ACF to accomplish this if you don't have a feat-starved build.

I realize that T2/3 not an easy thing to accomplish with a weak class, so let me make it even rougher: the ideal race, for story reasons, would be Catfolk or some other feline humanoid. (The character would be expected to be related to the character who died, who is a variant Catfolk

Now to make it a little easier: All resources are open, including homebrew. Mild cheese is tolerated (such as early entry stuff) and the existing party is fairly generalist, so a build that plays to any given role or roles will most likely fit in without any problems.

..this is also a request with like a 20% chance to see any use even if I fall in love with it, so don't prioritize it unless YOU fall in love with it.

One last thing. At least one attempt to 'correct' Osteomancy has emerged online at https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=134980 technically meant for PF, but if you decide there really is no way to make the vanilla version work, you can use that for a base instead--the biggest goody it offers is 3 more spellcaster levels.

The campaign is, by design, quite stingy on gold and loot, so anything that is excessively dependant on magical equipment is going to be a non starter. You can, however, use standard WBL for the initial equipment loadout.

Have fun!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Alright, so this is my challenge: I want a Stormcaster. Let's say level 16. I'm thinking about Sorcerer or Bard as base class, but I'm open to other options if you think that there's better ones. You can also use a combination of as many classes and prestige classes as you want, but the main theme of the character must be storm. I'm thinking half-elf as race, but you can use any other one if you think it fits better as long as it LA isn't higher than +2.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The Magnificent Magic Missile Mage.

Secret ingredient: The Force Missile Mage.
    Can be gestalt. Can be PF.
    Use PF feat progression.

I have a few build ideas stashed, one of which is this idea of a character that thinks magic missile is the greatest thing in the world ever.
    Last edited by martixy; 2018-06-19 at 04:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want a character based on the god Janus. Focused in travel and viewing, high movement. I think divination and teleportation would be great, some phisical prowess would be great too

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martixy View Post
    I have a few build ideas stashed, one of which is this idea of a character that thinks magic missile is the greatest thing in the world ever.
    Wait, Im confused. You saying that their exists people that think otherwise?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

A build for me?

That would be great!

I'd like to have my PC's sometimes (with luck and/or skill):

Climb,

Heal
    (non-magically, i.e. apply first aid),

Run,

Shoot arrows,

Sneak,

Speak,

Swim,

Swing swords

Track,

and

Walk

Please advise (unless your advice consist of a list of powers and spells, I want Robin Hood, Sinbad, and Indiana Jones, not Dr. Strange, Faust and Gandalf please!).

As few "crunch"/"mechanical" options to keep track of as possible please, most of my D&D playing was 0e and 1e Fighters, so I'd like a "training wheels build" for 3.5/PF.

If possible, core rules only please, somewhere I have The Complete Adventurer "splat book", which I can dig up if it's urgent, but I'd rather not.

Thanks
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

21. - Top - End - #21

I wanna play this:https://orig00.deviantart.net/d692/f...33-d825f87.png
    Or this:https://pre00.deviantart.net/ca9d/th...ox-dac8fxz.png
    (Notice the robot eye in the middle)

How do I turn these into a playable d&d character or a playable d&d character capable of creating these things?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    wow that is a lot, almost done with the psionic archer, work got a little tense so I haven't had as much time as usual. But I'll get around to you all! No one has asked for anything outrageous yet (except maybe a nature dragon that can control the weather at level 1)
    We are aware that you owe us nothing. If the idea grabs you, have fun with it. And each person who gets a character from you will be very grateful.

But we are all aware that you don't owe us anything. You're only doing this because you're bored.

If something else fun comes along, please don't avoid it because you think you "owe" us characters.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    One build I've been messing around with for years and would like as many opinions on as I can get: PsiGish Archer. Not Soulbow, traditional (C.) Longbow/Greatbow. Any Psionic class is fine but I'd like to focus on psionic buffs so preferably not too heavy use of StP Erudite.
    Daelkyr Halfblood
    Stats have not been done nor calculated into the following build, your only stat requirements on feats are dexterity, although you may need a 19 dex for one of your feats!
    Spoiler: Stub
    Show
    Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Ranger +1 +2 +2 +0 Gather Information +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Disguise +2, Knowledge Dungeoneering +4, Spot +4 Point Blank Shot, Wise to your Ways, Symbiont Mastery(B), Unnatural Enemy Track, Favored Enemy Aberration +2, Wild Empathy
    2 Ranger +2 +3 +3 +0 Gather Information +2.5, Hide +5, Move Silently +5, Disguise +2.5, Knowledge Dungeoneering +5, Spot +5 Rapid Shot(B) Combat Style Archery
    3 Ranger +3 +3 +3 +1 Gather Information +3, Hide +6, Move Silently +6, Disguise +3, Knowledge Dungeoneering +6, Spot +6 Knowledge Devotion Endurance
    4 Ranger +4 +4 +4 +1 Gather Information +3.5, Hide +7, Move Silently +7, Disguise +3.5, Knowledge Dungeoneering +7, Spot +7 Spells, Animal Companion
    5 Ranger +5 +4 +4 +1 Gather Information +4, Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Disguise +4, Knowledge Dungeoneering +8, Spot +8 Favored Enemy Arcanist +2 (aberration +4)
    6 Ranger +6 +5 +5 +2 Gather Information +4, Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Disguise +4, Knowledge Dungeoneering +9, Spot +9, Search +4 Manyshot(B), Precise Shot Combat Style Archery
    7 Impure Prince +7 +5 +5 +4 Gather Information +4, Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Disguise +8, Knowledge Dungeoneering +9, Spot +9, Search +4 Expanded Spell List, Lure Symbiont
    8 Impure Prince +8 +5 +5 +5 Gather Information +4, Hide +9, Move Silently +9, Disguise +9, Knowledge Dungeoneering +10, Spot +9, Search +4 Favored Enemy Aberration +6
    9 Impure Prince +9 +6 +6 +5 Gather Information +4, Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Disguise +10, Knowledge Dungeoneering +11, Spot +9, Search +4 Improved Favored Enemy: Aberration Aberrant Anatomy
    10 Impure Prince +10 +6 +6 +6 Gather Information +4, Hide +12, Move Silently +12, Disguise +10, Knowledge Dungeoneering +11, Spot +9, Search +4 Aberrant Fortitude
    11 Impure Prince +11 +6 +6 +6 Gather Information +4, Hide +14, Move Silently +14, Disguise +10, Knowledge Dungeoneering +11, Spot +9, Search +4 Otherworldly Surge
    12 Impure Prince +12 +7 +7 +7 Gather Information +4, Hide +15, Move Silently +15, Disguise +10, Knowledge Dungeoneering +13, Spot +9, Search +4 Darkstalker OR Exotic Weapon Proficiency Greatbow** Aberrant Anatomy, Favored Enemy Aberration +11
    13 Psionic Assassin
    Or
    Psychic Warrior
    Or
    Ardent
    Or
    Wilder
    Or
    Psion
    Or
    Erudite
    +12 Basically choose a power list that you want to use. Psionic Assassin is the best for a 1 level dip, however it’s power list sucks. Psychic Warrior is great, as is Psion for the bonus psionic feat. Ardent and Wilder are kind of meh, Erudite only if you want cheese
    14 Illithid Slayer +13 Favored Enemy Illithid +13, Illithid Sense
    15 Illithid Slayer +14 Weapon Focus: Longbow*, Improved Precise Shot**, Poison Expert (only if you have psionic creation)*** Brain Nausea
    16 Illithid Slayer +15 Lucid Buffer
    17 Illithid Slayer +16 Favored Enemy Illithid +15
    18 Illithid Slayer +17 Deadeye*, Far Shot**, Poison Master***
    19 Illithid Slayer +18 Cerebral Blind
    20 Illithid Slayer +19 Favored Enemy Illithid +17

Your animal companion is a non combatant, if you are going poison route then get a venomous animal companion and harvest venom from him. If you are going long range/scout get a bird of prey and have it assist you in scouting (if you go this way consider getting it an item of alter self so that it can take the form of different birds depending on the environment). Finally you can always get yourself a smart mount.

If you are fighting underground/inside more often than not then I suggest the poison route even more, however Deadeye does grant you dex to damage against crittable creatures which shouldn’t be a small amount.
    If you are constantly fighting outside, with clear view for a while then Far Shot and Improved Precise Shot become excellent options, in this route you may exchange darkstalker for exotic weapon prof Greatbow to increase your range.

Fun items you can use:
    +5 Toxic Composite Longbow of Aberration Bane
    +5 Dragonbone Composite Greatbow of Distance
    Hank’s Energy Bow

Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis

Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-19 at 06:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    On the appraise this thread I plan on making one of many possible 12th-13th level builds that includes a seven levels of disciple of mammon. The idea is to make a build that can use the appraise skill to produce the maximum amount of GP per day/month. You're welcome to take a shot at it too. I'm doing this because it is literally the only cool use of the skill that exists in the game.
    Spoiler: Stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Artificer +0 +0 +0 +2 Appraise +4, Craft +4, Spellcraft +4, Use Magic Device +4, Open Lock +4 Apprentice (Craftsman), Thug, Combat Expertise* or Exceptional Artisan** Artificer Knowledge, Artisan Bonus, Disable Trap, Item Creation, Scribe Scroll
    2 Artificer +1 +0 +0 +3 Appraise +5, Craft +5, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Device +5, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +.5 Brew Potion
    3 Artificer +2 +1 +1 +3 Appraise +6, Craft +6, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +6, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +1 Extraordinary Artisan Craft Wondrous Item
    4 Artificer +3 +1 +1 +4 Appraise +7, Craft +7, Spellcraft +7, Use Magic Device +7, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +1.5 Magical Artisan: Extraordinary Artisan Craft Homonculus
    5 Artificer +3 +1 +1 +4 Appraise +8, Craft +8, Spellcraft +8, Use Magic Device +8, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +2 Craft Arms and Armor, Retain Essence
    6 Artificer +4 +2 +2 +5 Appraise +9, Craft +9, Spellcraft +9, Use Magic Device +9, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +2.5 Disciple of Darkness Metamagic Spelltrigger
    7 Artificer +5 +2 +2 +5 Appraise +10, Craft +10, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +10, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +3 Craft Wand
    8 Artificer +6 +2 +2 +6 Appraise +11, Craft +11, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +11, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +4 Legendary Artisan
    9 Disciple of Mammon +6(+7) +2 +4 +8 Appraise +12, Craft +12, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +11, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Intimidate +1 Practiced Spellcaster: Artificer Lie
    10 Disciple of Mammon +7(+8) +2 +5 +9 Cheat
    11 Disciple of Mammon +8(+9) +3 +5 +9 Thief, Steal
    12 Disciple of Mammon +9 +3 +6 +10 Magical Artisan: Legendary Artisan Divert Attack
    13 Disciple of Mammon +9(+10) +3 +6 +10 Summon Osyluth
    14 Disciple of Mammon +10(+11) +4 +7 +11 Take Object
    15 Disciple of Mammon +11(+12) +4 +7 +11 Imperious Command Enhance Value
    16 Menacing Brute +12(+13) +6 +7 +11 Demoralizing Stare
    17 Menacing Brute +13(+14) +7 +7 +11 Resourceful Search
    18 Artificer +13(+14) +8 +8 +11 Craft Staff**, or Improved Disarm* Craft Rod
    19 Artificer +14(+15) +8 +8 +12
    20 Artificer +15(+16) +8 +8 +12 Metamagic Spell Completion

You are an artificer that has CL15. Using the Artificer’s Item Creation you can craft up to CL 17 items (meaning 9th level scrolls)

Your homunculus will be able to have up to 15 HD, which means it will be great at sleight of hand, hide, and move silently to steal from enemies in combat.

Honestly I dont know how much detail I need to go into with this, your an artificer, that can turn wealth into equipment, and can turn time into wealth and can do this very well. Thematically your character is a brute, if your in eberron I highly (highly) suggest joining the bloodbound ring in Stormreach as it is right up your alley. Filcher (which no one knows is yours) applies contact poisons and sabotages opponent weapons (using disable device) before a match. You can steal your opponents items from them, or just fight them with your talent. Stormreach is a metropolis. Your Day:
    You spend 2-8 hours finding a free 200 GP item. You cast Fabricate on the item to add the masterwork quality to the item, this costs you 90 GP in materials. This makes the base value 500 GP. You next hand it off to your dedicated wright. The dedicated wright enchants it with +1 costing you 112 GP, 5 SP, and 2 xp in materials, he’ll be done by the end of the night. This raises the cost of the item to be 2500 GP (at the cost of 202.5 gp and 2 xp). You then make an appraise check taking 1 hour to increase the value of the item by a %. With a 23 rank investment, a magical item (your an artificer), and a masterwork item you will have a 51 very easily. This increases the value of your item by 51%, bringing the value of the item to 3,775 GP (with a cost of 202.5 GP and 2 xp). This all nets us a daily profit of 1685 with the most strict of dungeon masters. Eventually the market will become oversaturated (if the DM cares) and these items won’t sell for as much, however they will be cheaper to purchase back. Once this all happens you can switch over to breastplates, however they will give less income. Finally after spending 3-9 hours of your day working with your item you can spend a half hour (probably less) in the arena making a small profit and some experience (they bring the encounter to you, in a “safe” environment!) where you will steadily rise through their ranks until you eventually have the title. (and yes you can extort merchants with your intimidate skill!)

I did not include stats, that is up to you, however you need int and cha and you have a penalty to both of those as a half orc. You also have 2 flaws, however neither are needed (drop the second 2 feats)
    Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-19 at 04:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Your'e a gem Falontani.

I may be using the Mirage Mullah in my next game session, so I'm interested to see how it comes out.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Two thoughts for the Psionic Archer:

- Mystic Ranger goes really well with Impure Prince, especially if you intend to jump out before level 10, since the expanded spell list is much nicer if you can actually cast spells up to 4th level.

- Sanctified Mind (Lords of Madness) is another full-BAB gishy class, with 5/6 advancement for either manifesting or divine casting. Unfortunately the active abilities are more focused towards a melee character, but the defenses are solid either way, and the full-BAB is nice for an archer.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Two thoughts for the Psionic Archer:

- Mystic Ranger goes really well with Impure Prince, especially if you intend to jump out before level 10, since the expanded spell list is much nicer if you can actually cast spells up to 4th level.

- Sanctified Mind (Lords of Madness) is another full-BAB gishy class, with 5/6 advancement for either manifesting or divine casting. Unfortunately the active abilities are more focused towards a melee character, but the defenses are solid either way, and the full-BAB is nice for an archer.
    Sanctified Mind requires you to not be an aberration, however Impure Prince requires you to have Psymbiont Mastery (or whatever that feat was called) you could do this as a human, however I believe the sharing of your daelkyr halfblood psymbiont is better (you can grow an additional one and hand it to the others in your party)

idr mystic ranger, what book was that from?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Sanctified Mind requires you to not be an aberration, however Impure Prince requires you to have Psymbiont Mastery (or whatever that feat was called) you could do this as a human, however I believe the sharing of your daelkyr halfblood psymbiont is better (you can grow an additional one and hand it to the others in your party)
    You're absolutely right. Sanctified Mind would require being a different race, and would not be compatible with Impure Prince. Still, it could see some action as the last few levels of a Psionic Archer who didn't use Impure Prince.

idr mystic ranger, what book was that from?
    Dragon Magazine, and not even the Compendium, so it's a bit niche.

Gets new spell levels at even class levels -- up to 5th level spells at class level 10 -- then gets more spells per level but never advances in max spell level after that, it's a weird progression but very good if you don't intend to hit level 20 as a Ranger.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I need a level 20 lich dread necromancer. A level 20 monk /swordsage and a level 20 power attack /smite evil paladin. If you have time to do that by Sunday I would be a very pleased man.
    Any 3.5 official material, no pathfinder or dragon mag please. Whatever you think will be the best is cool.. Thanks
    Last edited by CMagnum; 2018-06-19 at 09:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMagnum View Post
    I need a level 20 lich dread necromancer. A level 20 monk /swordsage and a level 20 power attack /smite evil paladin. If you have time to do that by Sunday I would be a very pleased man.
    Any 3.5 official material, no pathfinder or dragon mag please. Whatever you think will be the best is cool.. Thanks
    is that 4 characters, or 3 characters?

I won't promise anything by sunday, however I will continue down the list of requests.
    Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-19 at 09:47 PM.