New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The Easy Exploit Compendium

I saw someone that put a trap with cure light wounds in his sword:

"Resetting Touch Trigger Trap in handle, when handle is grabbed, a Cure Light Wounds spell is activated. Trap then Immidiatly Resets."

Is this posible?

Also, there is a feat that let you recover hp after a Maneuver successfuly strikes, can you start a fight with a tree or a door, etc and do maneuver until you are at full hp?
    3.99 Project, Trying to Improve the 3.5 version, current fixes:

- Soulknife Fix
    - Samurai Rework
    - Paladin Fix

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drako_Beoulve View Post

Also, there is a feat that let you recover hp after a Maneuver successfuly strikes, can you start a fight with a tree or a door, etc and do maneuver until you are at full hp?
    Most of the time, no, because the maneuvers/stances involved specify something about the enemy being an actual threat, but a few of them forgot this wording, so some of them can. I can't remember the offenders off the top of my head.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drako_Beoulve View Post
    I saw someone that put a trap with cure light wounds in his sword:

"Resetting Touch Trigger Trap in handle, when handle is grabbed, a Cure Light Wounds spell is activated. Trap then Immidiatly Resets."

Is this posible?
    Yes, until the DM hears about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Most of the time, no, because the maneuvers/stances involved specify something about the enemy being an actual threat, but a few of them forgot this wording, so some of them can. I can't remember the offenders off the top of my head.
    Well, pick a fight with your team members!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Here's an interesting question that might fit this thread. Can you use Polymorph any Object to turn a deal ally into a live ally?

It would be same kingdom, class, size, and related, so the duration would be permanent.
    Currently Active Characters.

Rasanna

5. - Top - End - #155

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Evil the Cat View Post
    Here's an interesting question that might fit this thread. Can you use Polymorph any Object to turn a deal ally into a live ally?

It would be same kingdom, class, size, and related, so the duration would be permanent.
    Except for the fact that Polymorph has no provision for returning the soul to the body, so it can't raise the dead, nor would it animate a polymorphed object, so you couldn't use it to make undead.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

I think PaO could return a dead body to life, but the result would be a default average member of the chosen race rather than the deceased person with all his class levels.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoboshank View Post
    Ring Gate Motorboat
    ಠ_ಠ

Seal off one side of the first ring and drop and tie the second to a rope. then drop the second off the side of the boat. The water pressure shoots the water out propelling the boat forward.
    Oh, and here I was thinking you were suggesting ways to make long distance relationships work.

Check the weight limit on ring gates. Your... outboard motor wouldn't last long.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Step1:Be a water elemental warblade.
    Step2:Walk onto land.
    Step3:Iron heart surge.
    Step4:???
    Step5:laugh
    And the sequel:
    Step1:Vampire Warblade.
    Step2:Belt of battle.
    Step3:Take a step into the sun.
    Step4:Activate belt of battle (2 charges for standard action).
    Step5:Iron heart surge.
    Step6:???
    Step5:Laugh

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Next sequel:

Step 1: Be a living organic Warblade.
    Step 2: Get a Wizard buddy.
    Step 3: Teleport into space. (No, things don't just go kablooey in space, and suffocation takes some time.)
    Step 4: Iron Heart Surge
    Step 5: ???
    Step 6: Laugh
    Last edited by NNescio; 2011-06-29 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Not nihilistic enough.

Step 1: Be an incorporeal warblade.
    Step 2: Iron Heart Surge the Material Plane.
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Laugh.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight12 View Post
    Not nihilistic enough.

Step 1: Be an incorporeal warblade.
    Step 2: Iron Heart Surge the Material Plane.
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Laugh.
    I'll one up this one

Step1:Be a ghost warblade
    Step2:Iron Heart Surge
    Step3:Manifest
    Step4:Iron Heart Surge
    Step5:????
    Step6:Laugh

12. - Top - End - #162

SwashbucklerGuy

One problem I'm seeing with all these Iron Heart Surges… it says that the range is personal. Most DM's would probably say that it wouldn't effect the surrounding environment, so… yeah.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The SRD examples under PAO include turning a twig into a tree, and a wolf pelt into a wolf. The implication is that they are alive. It also states that it gains the mental abilities of the new form, so you wont wind up with a wolf that doesn't know how to be a wolf. The text says object or creature to object or creature. Undead may not work, as I'm not certain if they count as creatures, objects, or both. However, turning Bob's body into Bob seems reasonable. In theory, this may just give you a perfect copy of Bob, while the original Bob's soul is still off in the afterlife. Kill the new bob and enjoy the celestials' confusion!

Under the interpretation that it is a whole new Bob, he might only be level 1 though, so that could suck.
    Currently Active Characters.

Rasanna

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

This is only an exploit in that it can slow a session to a halot while you think of a way to get out of a sticky situation.

Use a reach weapon and attack a large creature. One of the creature's squares is 10 feet away from you, the other is adjacent. Can you attack this creature? What if you attack into the square the creature occupies without expressly aiming for it? Is it a 50% miss chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Premise: Undead you command can follow basic commands such as "Kill anyone who enters this room but me" or similar.

This means that undead can follow commands like, if anyone enters this room kill them. This can be stated as "If X, then Y", hey presto we have ourselves a logic gate.

Next we take another zombie, actualy another couple hundred zombies (or wight, or whatever method you have used to produce arbitrary amounts of controlled undead) and we have them base their "if X, then Y" on each others actions. With enough Zombies we just built ourselves a computer.

The next step is to move this to our own private demiplane where time runs super fast. When you have a problem just planeshift there and punch it in to the "keyboard" (read, talk to your specially trained lich operator), so your computer can start solving.

So now we have created our undead supercomputer what to call it? I think Deep Rot.
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll one up this one

Step1:Be a ghost warblade
    Step2:Iron Heart Surge
    Step3:Manifest
    Step4:Iron Heart Surge
    Step5:????
    Step6:Laugh
    You can't Manifest if you've Iron Heart Surged the Material Plane away.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post
    Premise: Undead you command can follow basic commands such as "Kill anyone who enters this room but me" or similar.

This means that undead can follow commands like, if anyone enters this room kill them. This can be stated as "If X, then Y", hey presto we have ourselves a logic gate.

Next we take another zombie, actualy another couple hundred zombies (or wight, or whatever method you have used to produce arbitrary amounts of controlled undead) and we have them base their "if X, then Y" on each others actions. With enough Zombies we just built ourselves a computer.

The next step is to move this to our own private demiplane where time runs super fast. When you have a problem just planeshift there and punch it in to the "keyboard" (read, talk to your specially trained lich operator), so your computer can start solving.

So now we have created our undead supercomputer what to call it? I think Deep Rot.
    Supercomputer? Not quite, though I suppose if you rig the initiative count so that it always goes in order, you can have infinite * 6 flops.

You also can make a profit off it. Capitalism, ho!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    I know what Vow of Poverty is. What is "Embrace the Dark Chaos" and "Shun the Dark Chaos". Also, where are they from? What does that combo accomplish?
    angst

and lots of it

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post

No, I think the lich would be the creator of the computer. They don't tend to take orders very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Popertop View Post
    angst

and lots of it
    also, free feat reassignment.
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    also, free feat reassignment.
    Do note that both Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos have an XP component....
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

21. - Top - End - #171

SwashbucklerGuy

XP Farm

1. Use Genesis to create a small demiplane with a greatly accelerated time frame.
    2. Populate this demiplane with a low-HD, fast-spawning creature (kobold or goblin come to mind).
    3. Leave the plane for a few hours so they can spawn.
    4. Visit the plane, drop a couple AoE spells, kill off a fair number of them (leaving enough to continue spawning).
    5. Rinse and repeat

Only problem is that the DM may deem it a low enough CR that you wont get jack squat for killing them… However, you could use this in an adventurers school, as training/grinding for new initiates. Just charge admittance.

*It does.*

What.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    Only problem is that the DM may deem it a low enough CR that you wont get jack squat for killing them… However, you could use this in an adventurers school, as training/grinding for new initiates. Just charge admittance.
    Not the only problem. NOT AT ALL.

After you've done this once or twice, the goblins get wise to it, and start XP farming each other. The next time you come back, you get blasted with a Fireball, a Flame Strike, a Baelful Polymorph, a Dominate Person, a Stone to Flesh, and a Dimensional Anchor from six casters of your level from the population you've been oppressing. And then the ubercharger melee brutes have at you.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

23. - Top - End - #173

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post

After you've done this once or twice, the goblins get wise to it, and start XP farming each other. The next time you come back, you get blasted with a Fireball, a Flame Strike, a Baelful Polymorph, a Dominate Person, a Stone to Flesh, and a Dimensional Anchor from six casters of your level from the population you've been oppressing. And then the ubercharger melee brutes have at you.
    That's why you send in the low-level wannabe adventurers in first. If they don't come out in a matter of seconds, then you know that either A) the new guys were really week, or B) that you have a serious problem on your hands.

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post

And you'd deserve it, because keeping an imprisoned population of sentient beings to kill for your amusement would be an incredibly evil thing to do.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    That's why you send in the low-level wannabe adventurers in first. If they don't come out in a matter of seconds, then you know that either A) the new guys were really week, or B) that you have a serious problem on your hands.
    Won't always work. A few of them come out, and seem fine.

When you go in, you find out the hard way that they were suggested, dominated, simulacrum'd, mindraped, or just killed and replaced with Disguise / Illusion checks....

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    And you'd deserve it, because keeping an imprisoned population of sentient beings to kill for your amusement would be an incredibly evil thing to do.
    Yeah, mass slavery and slaughter of intelligent critters for personal gain in knowledge of what you're doing is on the "evil" list by almost anyone's standards.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2011-06-30 at 08:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Better off using the sacrifice rules from BoVD. Then use the harvested XP to make yourself a Thought Bottle.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Presenting "The Easy Exploit"

Play a druid. Take Natural spell.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

We can solve both the problems of the creatures you farm gaining levels to beat you and the ethical issues by using mindless creatures. Since the ability to reproduce would be preferred, we should use oozes.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground

Swarms could also potentially work, especially if you are using AoE spells. The trick is to find some with high enough CR to actually give you xp.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Presenting "The Easy Exploit"

Play a druid, wizard, or other T1 class.

Fixed that for you