New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 3 (Revenge of the Past)

"Great, a third response to worry about," Athena says with a sigh.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Great, a third response to worry about," Athena says with a sigh.
    I'm sorry. Ophelia remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Athena sighs. "It's not your fault that humans are too complicated."

Show

4. - Top - End - #304

Athena sighs. "It's not your fault that humans are too complicated."
    And sorceresses. She teases.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "What's the difference between that and cultist?" Ophelia's dad asks, to Ophelia's wonderful face palm.
    "Cultists are members are cults, which are bad and hurt people," Emma said, "Worshipers and followers can be cultists, but they can also be members of other things, like a religion, which we are."

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "Cultists are members are cults, which are bad and hurt people," Emma said, "Worshipers and followers can be cultists, but they can also be members of other things, like a religion, which we are."
    "Are all cults bad?" Ophelia's mom pipes up.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Are all cults bad?" Ophelia's mom pipes up.
    "That's what everyone says," Emma replied, "They hurt people, either physically or emotionally, and try to scam money out of them. I'm not like that, and neither are my followers."

8. - Top - End - #308

"That's what everyone says," Emma replied, "They hurt people, either physically or emotionally, and try to scam money out of them. I'm not like that, and neither are my followers."
    "Well maybe you'll be the first good cult. I always thought it was based on size...." Ophelia's dad comments.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

You'll probably know what fits best. Ophelia agrees.
    Alice smiled happily. "It's a date!" she half-joked, already looking forward to it so much.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice smiled happily. "It's a date!" she half-joked, already looking forward to it so much.
    Did I just make your night? Ophelia grins chuckling.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I... but... I... what. Gah? What? Ophelia replies started by all the questions.
    Tachi chuckles. "Sorry sweetie, guess I got excited. So, any New Year's resolutions?"

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi chuckles. "Sorry sweetie, guess I got excited. So, any New Year's resolutions?"
    What's that? Ophelia questioned with an eyebrow raised.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Did I just make your night? Ophelia grins chuckling.
    "Between that and the kiss? Hell yeah, girl!" Alice responds enthusiastically. "I wish I could do something to make your night like that. Buuut I don't think you'd let me," she said coyly.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #314

"Between that and the kiss? Hell yeah, girl!" Alice responds enthusiastically. "I wish I could do something to make your night like that. Buuut I don't think you'd let me," she said coyly.
    Well I mean what would you do?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What's that? Ophelia questioned with an eyebrow raised.
    Tachi looks perplexed. "New Year's resolutions? You're serious. No one has explained...?"

The incubus looks shocked. He reaches to hold Ophelia's hands. "Darling, I know it's frustrating and embarrassing, but you need to ask more questions. I truly don't want you to be hurt. But to answer your question. People often set themselves a goal for the new year. This is called a New Year's resolution."

16. - Top - End - #316

Tachi looks perplexed. "New Year's resolutions? You're serious. No one has explained...?"

The incubus looks shocked. He reaches to hold Ophelia's hands. "Darling, I know it's frustrating and embarrassing, but you need to ask more questions. I truly don't want you to be hurt. But to answer your question. People often set themselves a goal for the new year. This is called a New Year's resolution."
    Oh so that's all the quitting smoking stuff? Ophelia pipes up.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well maybe you'll be the first good cult. I always thought it was based on size...." Ophelia's dad comments.
    "Maybe originally, but the word has gotten some really negative connotations over the years."

18. - Top - End - #318

"Maybe originally, but the word has gotten some really negative connotations over the years."
    "Oh well if it matters I meant it, in it's original sense." Ophelia's dad replies.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh so that's all the quitting smoking stuff? Ophelia pipes up.
    Tachi nods and smiles happily. "Or losing weight, giving up drinking. It can be positive things too. Like meeting new people, making more friends. Something about your life you want to change in the New Year. But, almost no one ever keeps them, so don't go crazy."

The incubus glances at his expensive looking watch. "Oh crud, almost missed it! Sorry sweetie, have to dash!"

The demon rushes off to ... his mother?

Ophelia watches Tachi as he seems to be asking Amanda a question only to have the woman smirk and roll her eyes at her son. Finally, she seems to agree.

Soon after mother and son stand near the center of the room. Amanda nods to her son and Tachi starts singing in a clear tenor.
    "Should old aquaintence be forgot and ne'er be brought to mind..."

Amanda comes in with a bold mezzo soprano as mother and son harmonize their way through Auld Lang Syne .
    Last edited by Meriss; 2017-07-01 at 09:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Episode 5 Scene 2

And with that, did the sadistic and savage school demand that you return to school the January first.

[Because they hate joy and fun.]

Ophelia is exhausted. You're all exhausted. How are you going to going to make sure Ophelia rouses herself from her stupor.

You know before she animates a desk or something.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d6 Fight through all the kids crowding around her. +2 VP with Ophelia

Skill =d4 You researched techniques to fight fatigue. +1 VP with Ophelia

Conflict =d8 You once went a few nights without sleep, impress Ophelia with your toughness. +3 VP with Ophelia

Luck =d6 Find a caffeinated drink. +2 VP with Ophelia

Someone must succeed on this roll, or it'll effect the story.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Athena seems to show up to school with very little problem. While going completely without sleep the previous night can leave her rather zombie-like in the school day, even two or three hours can leave her fairly functional (a skill learned from spending many a night ensuring her homework was not just done, but perfect). Plus, the little heart to heart that the two girls had the previous night seemed to really boost her mood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Non-Sequitter (Conflict, -1), Strong Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Now It's On (+2)

Foresight (Odd)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-07-08 at 03:25 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi slumps against Ophelia. He smiles wanly at the sorceress. "I'm dreadfully sorry darling. January is never kind to me. But, look what I found. Mega Energy Drink! Want to share?"

Spoiler
    Show

Luck: Straight roll; Faustian Pact +1; Failed Temptation -2; Total: -1
    Destiny's Bond if failed
    Last edited by Meriss; 2017-07-07 at 12:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Samantha has spent enough nights staying up far later than she should to have picked up a number of little tricks for getting through the day following a night of little-to-no sleep. That her advice coincides with similar bits of knowledge from Athena only serves to strengthen the advice of both of them. While most of her tips are obvious - staying near the windows to increase exposure to natural light, don't be down on yourself for not sleeping like you should, go with the flow of the day - others are less obvious, like avoiding the temptation of temporary energy boosts via caffeine or sugar so as to avoid the inevitable hard crash, taking the opportunity to focus on more creative pursuits, and occasional bouts of Bellows Breathing for a more natural boost of energy.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student 2=+3. Honor Student is both for having researched methods of staying awake longer, and justifying why Sam would have sought out such information previously.

Just As Planned (Athena).

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Alice saw Ophelia that morning through a whole group of people - which wasn't so odd these days, the sorceress was pretty popular - but even past everybody, it was obvious her friend was tired. She must not stay up late often, Alice guessed.

Alice started to work her way through the crowd - or flirt her way through it, which was pretty easy in the tube top and shorts she was wearing in open defiance of the season's weather - when she spotted a familiar face: her Nymph friend/girlfriend, Guinevere. And she smirked as she got an idea.

"Heyyy, Gwen?" she said as she slid up to the other girl, wrapping one arm around her waist. "Want to help me wake up Ophelia?"

"Oh, oui. What shall we do?"

"Nothing we haven't done before," she said flirtatiously, as she leaned in. Then, in plain view of Ophelia, she drew Guinever close and kissed the Nymph deeply, holding it for some time. Oh yeah, this should get Ophelia's attention. Definitely the best way to wake her up.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma was no stranger to late nights. After all, a lot of her most important ritual services took place at midnight, and went on even later. The only new thing she needed to adjust to was the early mornings. Back when she was homeschooled, she was allowed to sleep in as much as she wanted, but now she had to get up early every weekday, no matter how much she didn't want to.

That was the reason why her new morning routine consisted of a coffee stop on the way to school. And knowing that not everyone has as late of nights as her, she made sure to bring extras today.

"Hey Ophelia!" she said with a smile, "I brought coffee! Do you want..."

Her jaw dropped in awe as she saw Alice and the nymph making out with one another. It took her brain a few seconds to reboot itself, and when it finally did, she repeated, "Um, girls want coffee you do?"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Alice, +2), +3 total.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2017-07-09 at 12:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326

Alice saw Ophelia that morning through a whole group of people - which wasn't so odd these days, the sorceress was pretty popular - but even past everybody, it was obvious her friend was tired. She must not stay up late often, Alice guessed.

Alice started to work her way through the crowd - or flirt her way through it, which was pretty easy in the tube top and shorts she was wearing in open defiance of the season's weather - when she spotted a familiar face: her Nymph friend/girlfriend, Guinevere. And she smirked as she got an idea.

"Heyyy, Gwen?" she said as she slid up to the other girl, wrapping one arm around her waist. "Want to help me wake up Ophelia?"

"Oh, oui. What shall we do?"

"Nothing we haven't done before," she said flirtatiously, as she leaned in. Then, in plain view of Ophelia, she drew Guinever close and kissed the Nymph deeply, holding it for some time. Oh yeah, this should get Ophelia's attention. Definitely the best way to wake her up.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.
    Ohh.... Oh wow.... Ophelia comments, as an errant hand tag from one of Emma's cultist dislodges both of your shirts.

Ophelia looks away from Guinevere and starts blushing.

Emma was no stranger to late nights. After all, a lot of her most important ritual services took place at midnight, and went on even later. The only new thing she needed to adjust to was the early mornings. Back when she was homeschooled, she was allowed to sleep in as much as she wanted, but now she had to get up early every weekday, no matter how much she didn't want to.

That was the reason why her new morning routine consisted of a coffee stop on the way to school. And knowing that not everyone has as late of nights as her, she made sure to bring extras today.

"Hey Ophelia!" she said with a smile, "I brought coffee! Do you want..."

Her jaw dropped in awe as she saw Alice and the nymph making out with one another. It took her brain a few seconds to reboot itself, and when it finally did, she repeated, "Um, girls want coffee you do?"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Alice, +2), +3 total.
    "Aw, she's tres cute." Guinevere grins, pulling Emma into a hug. "I could just eat you up." She teased nipping your neck with her vampire fangs.

Tachi slumps against Ophelia. He smiles wanly at the sorceress. "I'm dreadfully sorry darling. January is never kind to me. But, look what I found. Mega Energy Drink! Want to share?"

Spoiler
    Show

Luck: Straight roll; Faustian Pact +1; Failed Temptation -2; Total: -1
    Destiny's Bond if failed
    Oh yeah, sure. Ophelia replies.

Why is January so bad to you? Are you sensitive to the cold? Ophelia asks.

Athena seems to show up to school with very little problem. While going completely without sleep the previous night can leave her rather zombie-like in the school day, even two or three hours can leave her fairly functional (a skill learned from spending many a night ensuring her homework was not just done, but perfect). Plus, the little heart to heart that the two girls had the previous night seemed to really boost her mood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Non-Sequitter (Conflict, -1), Strong Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Now It's On (+2)

Foresight (Odd)
    See below post.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samantha has spent enough nights staying up far later than she should to have picked up a number of little tricks for getting through the day following a night of little-to-no sleep. That her advice coincides with similar bits of knowledge from Athena only serves to strengthen the advice of both of them. While most of her tips are obvious - staying near the windows to increase exposure to natural light, don't be down on yourself for not sleeping like you should, go with the flow of the day - others are less obvious, like avoiding the temptation of temporary energy boosts via caffeine or sugar so as to avoid the inevitable hard crash, taking the opportunity to focus on more creative pursuits, and occasional bouts of Bellows Breathing for a more natural boost of energy.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student 2=+3. Honor Student is both for having researched methods of staying awake longer, and justifying why Sam would have sought out such information previously.

Just As Planned (Athena).
    There is alot to this staying up business then I realized, huh... Ophelia replies clearly distracted by Alice and the nymph in front of her.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Athena gives an odd look to the snogging couple in front of her, clearly distracting Ophelia. "Yes, the school district seems to be unaware of national customs surrounding the new year," she says, taking a deep breath that disguised a yawn. "It's not far removed from all-nighters in regards to research, reading, homework."

As Ophelia continues to watch the couple, a silly idea passes through Athena's mind. "Are you watching out of surprise at the act, or out of a desire to do the same with one of your own friends?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oh, um, y-you really th-think so?" Emma said, looking rather nervous at being hugged by Guinevere.

At the little nymph, she lets out a small shriek and tries to push the vampire off, "Don't eat me!"

29. - Top - End - #329

Athena gives an odd look to the snogging couple in front of her, clearly distracting Ophelia. "Yes, the school district seems to be unaware of national customs surrounding the new year," she says, taking a deep breath that disguised a yawn. "It's not far removed from all-nighters in regards to research, reading, homework."

As Ophelia continues to watch the couple, a silly idea passes through Athena's mind. "Are you watching out of surprise at the act, or out of a desire to do the same with one of your own friends?"
    Huh... Um.... Ophelia replies her distraction lessingly.

Well maybe, it's because you know our principal, super old multiple life cat person.... He's probably older then this country... She says not answering the question.

"Oh, um, y-you really th-think so?" Emma said, looking rather nervous at being hugged by Guinevere.

At the little nymph, she lets out a small shriek and tries to push the vampire off, "Don't eat me!"
    "Was a tres joke...?" Guinevere replies cocking her head. "I would not... um.... eat you in that way...... well except for a nibble...."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm, I was under the impression that it was a longstanding tradition, and that principals did not control the schedule. Also, that was not my question," Athena says, thought already fading from her mind. Was she too overt? Too subtle? Did she offend? Or maybe...

The young woman ponders half a dozen other possible mistakes that she may have made in her question in the next few moments.

Show