New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIII: Fast/Fine/Fierce Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    A few pages back, but:

Midnight's family really isn't as complex as we make jokes about, although it is more complex than a normal man-woman heterosexual reproduction.

Well, okay, maybe that does make it complex.
    Twilight+Trixie+Luna
    = Midnight
    Midnight + ? [Shimmer?]
    = Metal Mask
    = Midnight

It's enough to make my head explode, especially when we start considering other thread fanons and ships.

Ugh, tell me about it, the only class I ever failed in high school was math. I was an honors student everywhere else.
    I know that feel, bro. I know that feel. (Except the honours student bit. My grades variate wildly depending on if I think the course is a crock or not.)

I must admit, I've been taking a bit of a liking to SpikexRarity lately, as long as she's willing to wait a little longer for him to, you know, mature into an adult.

Oh, and I guess she'll be having to take yoga lessons too eventually.
    Hurr hurr hurr.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Algebra was never something I enjoyed, because it's not something I've had to use much beyond basic math, and I can do decimals in my head to figure out tips and how much tax I need to give.

It just seems horrendously arbitrary, so many of the rules seem to have been made "Because we said so" and even basic math works the way it does only because most people are born with 10 fingers.

That said, I don't need any literature courses. I blew the placement exam for reading out of the water.
    The Yoga is so she has something to do while flying around on adult!Spike's back.
    duhhhhhh.

~

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponytality!

@Aotrs Commander
    Yeah alliteration. Or maybe it just sounds better. I dunno, I can be finicky like that.

Twilight+Trixie+Luna
    = Midnight
    Midnight + ? [Shimmer?]
    = Metal Mask
    = Midnight
    Cannot brain this. Cannot brain this.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    My main point was to avoid making things more complicated than necessary. Strictly speaking Midnight's family is more complicated than necessary. It's fine in Midnight's case though because (at least from the one story I read) it's kind of central to her story. Being Luna's daughter wouldn't be near as interesting if Trixie/Twilight weren't involved.
    Oh, yeah, well, I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Muhahaha- wait, what?
    I'm just sayin', you know, Spike's got a lot of growing to do...

(It's also a Simpsons reference.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Twilight+Trixie+Luna
    = Midnight
    Midnight + ? [Shimmer?]
    = Metal Mask
    = Midnight

It's enough to make my head explode, especially when we start considering other thread fanons and ships.
    Well, now my brain just hurts a little when you start taking thread canon into it.

I know that feel, bro. I know that feel. (Except the honours student bit. My grades variate wildly depending on if I think the course is a crock or not.)
    I was an annoyingly good high school student...and a terribly average university student my first time.

Hurr hurr hurr.
    See, Aotrs? Thanqol gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    The Yoga is so she has something to do while flying around on adult!Spike's back.
    duhhhhhh.

~
    Yeaaahh, you keep telling yourself that.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Also, I must be quite alone here for prefering Ditzy Doo. Maybe because for me, Ditz doesn't quite carry the same negative connotation as you guys ascribe it to. (Because ditz as a word is not commonly used in this part of the world. We have far more colourful names for such people.) That and I think it rhymes better and sounds more pony-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Not quite, I prefer Ditzy Doo over Derpy Hooves.

But I prefer Bright Eyes over both of them, even though it gets used so rarely, but whatever (:
    Pretty much same here as above? ^^"

I have no idea from where Bright Eyes come from, or how it fits Ditsy, but it's cute

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    So I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler
    Show

My girlfriend and my ponies. :D
    Mmmm, cute

I see someone finally liked the white color scheme. Though, wings make me wonder...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #1446

To all those persons who choose to use really cute pony avatars...do they provide mind-altering effects to you at all? Or are they just super-cute?

And do you feel that your disposition has changed at all because of said avatar or avatars?
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-07-08 at 09:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    To all those persons who choose to use really cute pony avatars...do they provide mind-altering effects to you at all? Or are they just super-cute?

And do you feel that your disposition has changed at all because of said avatar or avatars?
    I have Lyra as one of my shoulder conscience now. Does that count?

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm just sayin', you know, Spike's got a lot of growing to do...
    Personally, I think Spike will grow up to look somewhat like his daydream in Dog and Pony show. Hopefully something like a Dragonborn. Mainly because A:This would make Spike/Rarity somewhat easier and B: DRAGONBORN ARE COOL!
    Well, that is still some growing, but not as much....
    @Ditzy Debate: I prefer Dizty to Derpy.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-07-08 at 09:11 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually it's the other way around. First the ponies corrupted our minds, then our bodies followed.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, now my brain just hurts a little when you start taking thread canon into it.
    One day, I'm going to draw a stalk circle/relationship diagram. It's going to be a big circle.

I was an annoyingly good high school student...and a terribly average university student my first time.
    I've got this habit of only doing well at courses I respect, throughout my academic history.

Unambiguously yes. It's made my worst nightmare into an adorable, manic-depressive and kind of shy pony and made my insecurity a structured part of my psyche rather than something it fears and rejects.

Part of that is the Thanqol-Improves-Himself-By-Thinking-About-It-Really-Hard thing I do, part of it is how cute that guy looks in a coat.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Barbarian in the Playground

You see, it's a common misconception that it's the ponytars themselves that alter our minds to accept the ponysanity. In actuality, by the time you possess a ponytar your mind has already been irrevocably altered FOREVER!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Actually it's the other way around. First the ponies corrupted our minds, then our bodies followed.
    Yeah, getting a ponytar is really just a latter-stage symptom of pony corruption.

Wait, that makes perfect sense actually. It's like sneezing and coughing is to a normal sickness; it's a way for the disease to spread. Others see our ponytars and think, "Huh, I wonder what that's about?" They then either blunder into the pony thread or watch an episode. Either way, they are exposed to the ponies. And with infection rates as high as they are, it's a safe bet that they're pretty much doomed at that point.

Sun and Moon, these ponies are a diabolical bunch.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #1453

I am largely depicted nowadays as a creature the wrong gender, color, species, and age as myself. It almost certainly has mind-altering effects on me!

Plus, it's super-cute, and it serves as a reminder me of the moment where I decided to be creative for creativity sakes, as opposed to being so because I had to.

One day, I'm going to draw a stalk circle/relationship diagram. It's going to be a big circle.
    Oh, there will be spokes shooting out of it. That wheel ain't gonna roll properly.

I've got this habit of only doing well at courses I respect, throughout my academic history.
    I had that same problem in university too, along with a huge case of 'Whee I'm free I dont' give a damn about anything else! Classes? Phsstt."
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-08 at 09:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Personally, I think Spike will grow up to look somewhat like his daydream in Dog and Pony show. Hopefully something like a Dragonborn. Mainly because A:This would make Spike/Rarity somewhat easier and B: DRAGONBORN ARE COOL!
    Actually, that would make a fair bit of sense. If Spike thought he'd grow up to be a normal dragon I don't think he'd have bothered imagining the whole armour thing. He's just picture himself as a normal dragon wrecking the dogs. Unless he thinks Rarity wouldn't go for that type of thing.

Of course there's always the question of Twilight's little magiksplosion turning him into that super-sized dragon and whether or not that's what he'll turn into.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Just cute.
    Nope.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, that would make a fair bit of sense. If Spike thought he'd grow up to be a normal dragon I don't think he'd have bothered imagining the whole armour thing. He's just picture himself as a normal dragon wrecking the dogs. Unless he thinks Rarity wouldn't go for that type of thing.

Of course there's always the question of Twilight's little magiksplosion turning him into that super-sized dragon and whether or not that's what he'll turn into.
    It's probably a fair bet that Twilight could also turn Spike into various other version of dragons. She is the embodiment of magic after all. I could see Spike begging her to change him into an adult for one day just to impress Rarity. Hilarity ensues when the adult Spike scares everypony instead.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

We already know what adult Spike will look like. Twilight made him temporarily grow to adult hood when she hatched him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    You see, it's a common misconception that it's the ponytars themselves that alter our minds to accept the ponysanity. In actuality, by the time you possess a ponytar your mind has already been irrevocably altered FOREVER!
    ...Isn't irrevocably the same thing as FOREVER!
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Wow, lots of replies! Thanks guys!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I have Lyra as one of my shoulder conscience now. Does that count?
    Yes it does. That's a neat answer!

Don't you mean enlightenment? That we are on a grand adventure into pony-lightenment?

Part of that is the Thanqol-Improves-Himself-By-Thinking-About-It-Really-Hard thing I do, part of it is how cute that guy looks in a coat.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    But...but...I only just now finished making an avatar! ( )

I am largely depicted nowadays as a creature the wrong gender, species, and age as myself. It almost certainly has mind-altering effects on me!

Plus, it's super-cute, and it serves as a reminder me of the moment where I decided to be creative for creativity sakes, as opposed to being so because I had to.
    Hmm. You have been ponified. Good for you!

Just cute.
    You must be really secure with your sense of cuteness.

And it really just sounds better when you can say, "FOREVER," with pony-sweet bubble-gum breath.
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-07-08 at 09:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

We already know what adult Spike will look like. Twilight made him temporarily grow to adult hood when she hatched him.
    Nah, that is more likely what happens when the embodiment of Magic unleashes her power on an unsuspecting world.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, that is more likely what happens when the embodiment of Magic unleashes her power on an unsuspecting world.
    Ponies turning into trees is a sign of that.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

21. - Top - End - #1461

...Isn't irrevocably the same thing as FOREVER!
    Absolutely! The use of irrevocably implies that it cannot be changed, even willingly, while the use of FOREVER is the required invocation of the Pink One.

You will join us! The party will last...

Huh, what was I saying? Anyway, The use of irrevocably...
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1462

I like mine 'cause it's cute. I don't notice any mind-altering effects.

It hasn't changed me, I don't think. If this particular avatar had changed me I'd be rather irritated, Daybreak represents a lot of things I don't want to be.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

The Pink One approves of this ponysanity.

Last edited by Grif; 2011-07-08 at 09:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

So.

Yeah.

After a second watching of Griffon the Brushoff, I have weighed my opinion, taken into account the various possibilites, the portrails in fanon, the causes of such behavior and have come the conclusion Gilda, with all due consideration, must still burn!!!!

Nopony - nopony - makes Fluttershy cry.

It's definately a mind-affecting effect, since me, being a Lich, am completely immune to the transmogrification. No, that should be "transponyification."

Yeah, okay, the "immune to polymorph" probably helps.

Exactly.

Unless...

When ponies grow old, they...turn...into...trees...

That is a thought both truly horrifying, and, at the same time, would disturbingly explain so much. Granny Smith is the only old pony we see. Maybe she's the exception (too ornery or just not quite ready to go yet). That thought raises new terrors about the origin of Sweet Apple Acres - and perhaps why Applejack was so attached to Bloomberg...

Well, I ain't meditating tonight.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

I just realized my stack of 5 titles I made a month ago dried with this thread... Hmmm, to squeeze Equestria Girls for one more title, or not, that is the question.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just realized something. The Celestia's Phoenix made Fluttershy cry. Therefore it must burn. It has burned, so everything is right with the world.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

...If you guys posted a bit faster, we'd have a new thread in 5 minutes, which would be nice... :E

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

28. - Top - End - #1468

I think that we could get a new thread in 10 seconds flat!

Edit: c'mon guys, don't make me wrong here.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-07-08 at 09:59 AM.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

That is a thought both truly horrifying, and, at the same time, would disturbingly explain so much. Granny Smith is the only old pony we see. Maybe she's the exception (too ornery or just not quite ready to go yet). That thought raises new terrors about the origin of Sweet Apple Acres - and perhaps why Applejack was so attached to Bloomberg...

Well, I ain't meditating tonight.
    It certainly makes Fluttershy's assertion that she would like to be a tree a heck of a lot darker and weirder.

The process might also explain why the weather needs to be controlled; ponies are actually plants and therefore need fairly specific conditions, which must be kept in check.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I just realized something. The Celestia's Phoenix made Fluttershy cry. Therefore it must burn. It has burned, so everything is right with the world.
    So time to break out the pitchfork and tar and feather Gilda as well?