New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discovery

Round 19 Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The birth of Octavio Caercia, son of Awstin Caercia and Enga Harick and the naming of him as heir to the seat of Protector of Sterkelv after his Grandfather and Father secures the alliance of the majority of the population of Sterkelv and cements the region's loyalty to Palas Caercia. (Diplomacy 5 Special) [Diplomacy]
    2. Raise a Hird (1,000 fighting men) in Sterkelv [Military]
    3. Raise a Unit of Ocean Faring Ships in Sterkelv [Military]
    4. Attempt to Colonize Region 71 for selling to Bordeux Roll FAIL [Diplomacy]
    5. Attend the Raaneki Games [Diplomacy]
    • Meet with the Lord of Wyrmar and Qzare Xiu Tailong to discuss an exchange of lands. Palas Caercia agrees to cede Nia Hai Nian, it's colony founded across the sea by order of the Qzare Hanyeo to the Imperium proper. In exchange Wyrmar agrees to enter the protection and pledge fealty to Palas Caercia sealed with the marriage of Gaius Caercia to Xiu-Hen Aru, first daughter and only child of the Lord of Wyrmar. Further Palas Caercia is granted full and exclusive rights to both trading posts within the land of Nia Hai Nian and the Salterri Heartland is granted full and exclusive rights to a trading post in Wyrmar.
      Xiu-Hen Aru is granted the title of Governess of Wyrmar by her father, Gaius is granted the title Protector of Wyrmar by his father, their eldest male heir shall inherit the title of Protector of Wyrmar.
    • Trade Sterkelv Perytons for Penoccident Goats
    • Receive Berunda Technology from the Salterri Heartlands
    • Trade Advanced Horse Technology for Raaneki Diplomacy Technology with Raaneka
    • Cancel tribute of Potatoes to Aus-Teire
    • Cancel trade of Potatoes for Grain with Campestrus Pratum
    • Betroth Marcia Caercia to Lazarul Toranath

Last edited by DurkBlanston; 2014-07-04 at 07:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Raise 1000 Tzaltec infantry in Region 85 [Military]
    2. Raise 1000 Tzaltec infantry in Region 85 [Military]
    3. Raise 1000 Tzaltec infantry in Region 87 [Military]
    4. Raise 1000 Tzaltec infantry in Region 87 [Military]
    5. Invent new technology, Tzaltec Fire [Curiosity 10 Special]

Tzaltec Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    In progress...
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2014-06-22 at 10:18 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

AQUA Round 19 (421-425) actions:
    Previous round increase: +1 curiosity

Events and Rumors:
    ---> The AQUA council announces the First Annual Jeweled Cities Regatta and Naval Combat Exercises, to be held in the year 430, . (Next round)
    ---> A Pono al a Ono joins the Senior Council and moved to the Jeweled Cities. His name is Gonzo the Great. He brings along an aide-de-camp, Sweetums.
    ---> With the marriage of the Quill Elder Council ambassador Fern Cascade to the Celerese Prince, another ambassador is appointed. Her name is Salix Caprea Denali. She will take the position on the first of the year 426.
    ---> The rumor is that the new Quill Ambassador’s name translates to The Great Goat Willow. Which is why everyone refers to her as “Sadie the Goat.” Well, that and her inclination to head-butt people who disagree with her. And, her, goatee…..
    ---> With his health failing, Samhell Bellami, Junior, also known as Junior Black, steps down from the Senior council. In a pro-forma election, his assistant John LaFitte is named Councilmember. He selects Pierre Mason as his aide. They will take their positions on the first of the year, 426.
    ---> The rumor is that John LaFitte and Samhell Bellami Junior were the closest of friends. Close enough, perhaps, to explain why Junior Black never married or had kids. Others claim that is rubbish, as Islanders in same-sex arrangements are common and accepted. It would not have to be a secret.
    ---> Rumor is that Firth Grant-Tremblor, in one of the regions of the Salterri Imperium. Evidently, a noble woman of questionable virtue had her husband return from the wars early. Other’s say he died attempting to perform the Galley-woop-woop mating dance with a Pono al a Ono.
    ---> The rumor is that Hawkeye Grumby has taken up with Doris Robson-famous for her efforts at the Sakaru Mitsura. Evidently this one turned out to be true, as they were married during the Raaneki games.
    --->
    Spoiler: Opus tells Fern about her upcoming wedding
    Show

Fern managed to maintain her composure until she and her ‘father’ were behind closed doors. As soon as he turned to close the door, she struck. With a flick of her wrist, her red bracelet uncoiled and shot out towards her father’s unprotected neck, weights propelling it in a practiced arc.

Without even so much as a backward glance, Opus’s hand shot up and intercepted the ruemel. It coiled around his hand instead. He followed through, tugging with his entire body. Off balance, Fern stumbled towards Opus, only to receive an elbow to the chest.

Opus drive her to her knees with a precise kick to the knee. He was the only person ever to master the Khadi’s cradle, a one handed method of strangling a victim. He used it now on his only child; his own ruemel wrapping about her throat. Jet black, it was the only one of its kind, a testament to over fifty victims taken by his own hand. As she tried to get her fingers under the strangling scarf, he slapped them away with his free hand.

“You forget yourself, daughter.” Venom oozed through his words. “You forget who you are. Every move, every thought, every decision you have made has come through my design. Your betrayal, now, was clearly foreseen.”

Opus held his deadly grip, waiting and watching calmly as Fern slowly strangled. He released her moments before she passed out. Grabbing her by her hair, he pulled her to her feet, then over into a chair. Calmly, he retrieved a pitcher of water and two mugs, pouring glasses for both of them.

Fern came back to consciousness slowly. She closed her eyes and took deep, ragged breaths to clear her head. She could have sworn she caught a faint odor, as of ancient graves or bloody battlefields far off. When she recovered sufficiently and had a drink, she spoke. Her voice was even more ragged than before, “You expect me to accept this?”

“I expect you to do as the Goddess dictates. It is She that places this opportunity before you. Can you not see the power and influence you will be able to wield on her behalf? You can become the shining beacon of our religion, showing its truth to all Telluris.” He could see the hatred returning to her eyes, but a glimmering of realization behind them. “Do not forget who you are, nor who I am. I am Lord and Master of the Deceivers, and you will obey my commands.” His voice carried great weight, and it felt as if the room suddenly got warmer and more confined.

“So I am to be a brood mare to that whoring reprobate?”

“His mother seems to think you possess both the strength of will and the physical attributes needed to curb such behavior.” He said, the tone of a man assessing a field of crops. “So honor him, take him to bed and produce lots of children. Populate the lands of Celero with the children of Kina.” Almost as an afterthought, he said indifferently, “You may, of course, kill the bastard children at your leisure.”

“The whores as well?” Fern’s rough voice was guarded.

Of course. Few nobles would see it as outrageous. Many might see it as prudent.” Opus’ tone indicated he agreed with the latter.

Again she closed her eyes, thinking. She hated the man, despised him as both father and regent. She was tempted to fight, tempted to ruin this just to get petty revenge against him. ”Your path is your own, daughter. Be wary why you travel upon it” a voice in her head said, accompanied by another, passing, stench of the grave. It was probably just residual hallucinations from being strangled, but it made sense. She could take this opportunity, and still take it from him.
    “Very well, father. So be it.” She put as much venom, as much hatred into the word as her re-injured throat would allow.

ACTIONS

Action #1 {Curiosity}: Build city of Diamonhead on cost of Penoccident as Trading Post for goats (2/2)
    Action #2 {Faith}: Continue Faith based great project to build a training academy and monastary for my Aeromancers (5/5) [Verified with Morph that this is a FAITH action]
    Action #3 {Faith} Convert the Pono al a Ono to a minority of believers in the Children of Kina
    Action #4 {curiosity}Make a technology roll to improve methods of skinning animals so that the Tar "meat" resource becomes "meat and hides" resource. Roll of 10
    Action #5 {Diplomacy} Attend the International Conference in Propinglea. take the following sub-actions:
    ***** Agree to exchange Nyrothian silk for Sea of Glass Nitrates (which will be honored when Celero takes possession of the Sea of Glass, see below)
    ***** Agree to exchange gems from the Jeweled Cities for Weeping trees from Jeriah's realm
    ***** Sign the Treaty of Wonders with Celero at the International conference.
    "The Treaty of Wonders:
    The nations of Celero and its associated colonies and the Nations of the Ancestral Quill Unification Alliance, henceforth called AQUA, agree to the following:

To mutual defense and protection against aggression from other nations or unaligned sources. Both nations retain the right to refuse participation in any military actions taken by the other, nor can they be held accountable for the actions of the other.

To mutual technology sharing for the purposes of mutual defense and civil enlightenment. To that end, Celero will immediately trade the following technology to AQUA: Griffin riding, Naval carrier technology, lens technology
    AQUA will trade the following technology to Celero: Berunda riding, Pitch Technology.

Celero will take possession of the region known as the Sea of Glass from AQUA. AQUA will retain the rights to build 2 trading posts there to help the Pono al a Ono develop their region. A Pono al a Ono will retain a seat on the AQUA Senior Council.

AQUA will be granted the right to build 1 trading post in each region controlled by Celero. There will be no restriction on which resource they choose to select, with the exception of the Kingbirds of Celero, which shall remain under the control of Celero.

The Nation of Celero will spend some of its remarkable expertise in architecture and lensmaking to enhance the AQUA Naval Academy to the finest ship building, navigation, and sailor training academy in Telluris. (OOC- spend 1 action to take it from a 4/4 project to a 5/5project)

AQUA will gain the right to send missionaries of the Children of Kina into regions controlled by Celero, with the understanding that they maintain a minority level. Celero may choose to do the same in regions controlled by AQUA.

To further the cooperation between nations, Fern Cascade will marry Crown Prince Rion of Celero. "

Expected Icrease this round; +1 faith, +1 curiosity

Spoiler: UPDATED TRADES TABLE
    Show

AQUA trading posts
    LOCATION COMMODITY
    Emerald City (Ignato Empire) Nyrothian Silk
    DiamondHead (Penoocident) Goats
    Raaneka Heartwine
    The Jeweled Cities
    EXPORTS [sent/total] IMPORTS [sent/total]
    Kelp-Olive Oil (5/6): Scla’ca (R5); Ignato Empire (R8); Salterie (r11); Tar (R15); Raaneka (r17)
    Gemstones (2/3): Tar (R9); Quarimos (r17)
    Tropical Fruit (3/6)(R10): Kasumor (R11); Glazfell (R12); Tar (R15)
    CANCELLED
    Kelp-Olive oil: Alydaxis (R5)(Cancelled R15); Raaneka (R10)(cancelled R15)
    Gemstones: Raaneka (R10)(cancelled R15)
    Tropical Fruit: Wenyavuk (R13)
    [NEED] Iron: Razdis (R10)
    Elephants: Quarimos (R17)
    Kingbirds: Solus (R14)
    Lumber: Scla’ca (R5);
    Silk: Frosskoz(R12);
    Salt: Salterie (R11)
    Star Metal: Niskovia (R14)
    Stone: Raaneka (R10) (lost r15) (regained R17)
    CANCELLED
    Heartwine: Raaneka (R10) (lost r15)
    Iron: Alydaxis (ordinarium) (R5)(R15)
    Lumber: Bordeaux (R5)lost (R8)
    Mammoths: Wenyavuk(R8) lost (R13)
    Silk: Nyroth (R8); cancelled R17 for trading port

Tar
    EXPORTS [sent/total] IMPORTS [sent/total]
    Meat:(3/3):: Sympol (R11); Jeweled Cities (R15); Aloren (R17)
    Tar: (3/3):: Ignato Empire (R13); Jeweled Cities (R15); Solus(R14)
    Wood (2/3): Razdis (R10); Niskovia(R14)
    [NEED] Precious Stones: Jeweled Cities (R9)
    Architects: Ignato (R17)
    Quartz Kasumor (R11)
    Vegetables Sympol (R11)
    CANCELLED
    Dyes: Jarrland (R11) lost(R14)

Spoiler: UPDATED AGE TABLE
    Show

NAME TITLE Born AGE
    Fern Cascade, Advsisor from Quill Council 390 31
    Gonzo the Great Pono al A Ono Councilmember 330 91
    Hawkeye Grumby Aide de Camp to Verdo Collino, deformed Quill 378 43
    Opus Petricho “Geek” Quill Councilmember, Regent of the Jeweled Cities and Sagamore of Tar 360 61
    Samhell Bellami Junior, Councilmember and Islander 348 74
    Sweetums Pono al A Ono Aide-de-Camp 360 61
    Verdo Collino Guilder Councilmember 353 64
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-07-09 at 10:52 AM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

The Battle of the Mandate at Anaphorica

One of the commanders from the battle on the side of the Priory records his tale in his journal.
    Spoiler: The Journal
    Show
    The battle was fiercely fought for hours. Though the Chief Hierarch Zanper Fidious had sought to avert the war by challenging the late Qzare Xiu Hanyeo to single combat, Hanyeo cowardly refused. Though their tactics and their weapons were superior, though they outnumbered us 3 to 2, we had the one thing that they did not: The favor of the Silvery Lady. We fought long and hard, the battle lines completely falling apart just moments into the struggle. It was brother against brother, that fight was. My own flesh and blood fought under the late Qzare's banner, but I said to him, "I have to follow my heart," and that was that. I still haven't heard whether or not he was among those who were killed.

Thankfully, he probably survived. See, the battle was fought hard, but there wasn't that much bloodshed. Well, that's not entirely true. Everyone was bloodied, but no one really swung to kill. It was just strange. Truth be told, I believe both sides were completely fervent in their positions and determined to win, but when it came right down to it, very few were really willing to kill the other just to claim victory. As I said, it was brother against brother. There were lots of injuries, but when someone took a knee, that was it. They were down and out. They stopped fighting, and no one moved in for the killing blow.

Still, I have my suspicions about that. Here's my theory. The battle could have gone far worse, but the Patriarchs were there. Now, you may be thinking, what difference can a small group of old men make? Well, see, that's the thing. They didn't do any fighting, at least not with a sword. They weren't on the front lines, true, but they were right out there in the battle. They marched out of the city, taking up a position on one of the rocky outcroppings so they could be seen above the battle, then they knelt down and started to pray. Now that right there, that's why I think we won the battle in the end. It was real close, but that fervent prayer, right there in the battle, nonstop. That's what did it for us. Even when one of the Matriarchs took an arrow through the chest, she just kept right on praying until she'd bled out. Never even faltered after it struck her until she lost consciousness. I mean, damn, that right there, that's pure grit. I'm glad to be serving under people like that. Gives you a real sense of pride.

Now, Hanyeo, he was a terror to behold. I'm right glad that he was on the other side of the battle from where I was deployed. Wildly swinging that glowing sword, anyone that got too close to him was cut down. No screams, no struggling, no resistance. They just died... It was gruesome, but he seemed to be loving every moment of it! We lost just over a thousand men, and most of them were to that madman and his cursed magic sword. And those wings! I don't know if they were part of his armor or what, but... there just aren't words. They made him look like one of the angels, but they were just "wrong." There's no other way to put it. Seeing them just put a knot in your stomach, and you lost the will to fight just looking at him. I tried not to look, but he just drew the eye like a moth to flame. There were times where the fighting just kind of stopped while people on both sides just stood and stared in disbelief at the man.

It was in one of these lulls that things just got weird. We hear this goddess awful scream of rage, and we all turn and look at the Qzare. There he is charging headlong at the Chief Hierarch. I'm just thinking, "Well, damn," because I figure we just went and lost our leader and are about to have a full rout on our hands. Hanyeo raises his sword and swings it as hard as he can right at the Chief Hierarch, connecting with his ribs. The whole fight practically stood still, and I would almost swear that I could hear the impact as our Prior was thrown to the ground with the force of the blow. "It's over," I start thinking, but then I'm just staring, my mind not even processing what's happening. There's this faint silvery glow in the air around the two of them, and the Chief Hierarch just kind of stands up! I mean, he takes this horrendous blow then just stands up and looks like nothing even happened! He wasn't even armored or holding a weapon, and he just takes it and gets back up! He holds his hand out to Hanyeo, points to the ground, and says something, but I was too far away to hear what it was. Then Hanyeo moves to attack him again.

I didn't see what happened after that. Everyone started fighting like mad. All I know is that a few minutes later, a chant starts going through the ranks. "The Qzare is dead! The Qzare is dead!" Over and over. As it passes our little knot of warriors, we just kind of stop fighting and look at each other like, "Now what?" Looking around, the battle is winding down, and people are just kind of standing there exhausted. They start gathering up their casualties, and we start gathering ours. Then we just kind of walk away. I mean, no one ever really talks about how a battle ends. It's all fighting and glory, then it's over and the victor is announced. Cleaning up really isn't glamorous, but the way we just kind of stopped and walked away was weird. Usually, it's one side turning to run from the other, but no one was routed, no one retreated, no one surrendered. We just stopped...

After it was over, I learned more about how Qzare Hanyeo fell. As it turns out, he died by his own blade. Just how that happened, I can't say with any certainty. The first thing I heard was that when he saw he couldn't harm our Chief Hierarch, he killed himself in despair. I don't really believe that though, because he just didn't seem the kind of man to do that. He seemed like he'd hit a wall and then just keep running into it until he knocked it down. Later, I heard rumors that the Chief Hierarch, blessed by the Silvery Lady, physically overpowered Hanyeo, took his sword from him, and rammed it through his chest. I have trouble believing that too. While I know Our Lady grants all sorts of blessings, and even I have felt stronger, fitter, and better at times and can't explain why, I just don't see that. He was a pacifist, and even if he did have the strength to do that, the Chief Hierarch just wouldn't have done it. He might have wounded Hanyeo to take him out of the fight, but he wouldn't just kill him outright like that. I also hear it told that after being hurled to the ground and standing unharmed, the Chief Hierarch told Hanyeo that he couldn't be killed because of the strength of his faith. Hanyeo, determined to prove his own faith just as strong, gave himself a mortal wound with his own weapon. The demonstration apparently did not go as planned, which caused his death. I'm not sure I believe that one either, but it seems the most likely of the rumors I've heard. I might never really know what happened, but I do know that our side won in the end.

The Death of Chief Hierarch Zanper Fidious

After the conclusion of the Battle of the Mandate, Zanper Fidious was taken back into Anaphorica and lain in his chambers to recover. Sadly, he was an elderly man and unaccustomed to the rigors of battle. His age, failing health, and a number of small combat wounds from the fight overcame his defenses. He passed just a week after the end of the conflict.

A great state funeral was held in Salteire shortly thereafter. The bodies of the late Chief Hierarch and the late Qzare were venerated and entombed on sacred ground within the capital. The funeral was overly lavish but befitting the two great leaders who fell in the battle. The Chief Hierarch was buried in his finest robes and carried with him decorative silver ornaments of his position. The Qzare's armor was polished until it gleamed, and he was buried in full regalia with his arms and armor.

The Announcements of the Quorum's Council

In the year before his death, Chief Hierarch Zanper Fidious the Holy called the Quorum to Council to announce his resignation and to elect the next Chief Hierarch. After a month long debate and several rounds of voting, it was determined that Matriarch Parsimona would ascend to the position of Chief Hierarch. Upon Zanper Fidious' death, a solemn ceremony grants Parsimonia the title of Chief Hierach Belauda Cistae the Matron.

Her first act as the new Chief Hierarch is to crown Patriarch Gloriosis as Qzare over the Imperium. Qzare Zuida Rongyao, the first of his dynasty, is quickly recognized throughout the lands of the Priory. Emissaries are sent throughout the lands of the Imperium heralding his crowning.

Trial Results after the Battle

Chief Hierarch has been found guilty posthumously of treason against the Qzare.
    Patriarch Famulatus has plead guilty of treason against the Qzare and has been executed.
    Patriarch Gloriosis has been found not guilty, having been a political hostage of Qzare Hanyeo in the Aus-Teire capital of Xianzhi Urbe until just immediately prior to the battle.
    Patriarch Dignatis has been found guilty of treason against the Qzare and is awaiting execution until the chaos arising from Zhuang's invasion can be settled.
    Matriarch Militiae's trial is ongoing.
    Spoiler: Additional trial results
    Show
    Matriarch Parsimonia has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.
    Patriarch Procinctus has been found not guilty but has pleaded guilty after the fact. He has been stripped of his title and will be incarcerated for the remainder of his natural life.
    Patriarch Pervigilare has pleaded guilty. He has been stripped of his title and will be incarcerated for the remainder of his natural life.
    Matriarch Inergiae has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.
    Patriarch Constans has plead guilty of treason against the Qzare and has been executed.
    Patriarch Adamussius has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.
    Matriarch Veritatis has been found not guilty, having been out of the Priory for the 12 years prior on extended mission work through various lands and returning only in the week before the battle.
    Patriarch Viri has been found not guilty, having publicly opposed and worked against the movement against Qzare Hanyeo.
    Patriarch Fidel has been found not guilty, having publicly opposed and worked against the movement against Qzare Hanyeo.
    Patriarch Aequitatis has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.
    Matriarch Clementia has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.
    Patriarch Hostimaeus has been found not guilty, having been unaware of any plots until the armies under Hanyeo invaded Salteire.

The new Chief Hierarch has called the remaining Patriarchs to Council to determine the will of the Silver Lady and elect replacement Patriarchs for those removed from office.

Spoiler: Round 19 Actions
    Show
    • [Curiosity] Confirm Trade with Mularuhm (Hops (Bor-Teire #34) for Mithral (Mularuhm #64B)
    • [Curiosity] Complete construction of the Chamber of Angels (Great Project 5/5) in Salteire (#35)
    • [Diplomacy] Attend the International Council Summit
      • Sign the PoW treaty.
      • Mularuhm
        • Begin Trade: Confirm from last round, Borterri Ale (Hops) (Bor-Teire #34) for Mithral (Mularuhm #64B )
      • Ri Chugang
        • Relationship: Accept Ri Chugang as vassal.
        • Begin Trade: Bracian Beer (Bracia #33) for Fine Porcelain (Ri Chugang #133)
        • Begin Trade: Borterri Ale (Bor-Teire #34) for Silk (Ri Chugang #133)
        • Begin Trade: Longhorn Cattle (Campestrus Pratum #65) for Shedding Trees (Ri Chugang #133)
    • [Diplomacy] Continue the creation of a complete, formalized codex of civil and criminal law. [2/5] (Morph Bark)
    • [Military] Send 11,000 troops against Zhuang in Bor-Teire (3,000 Bracia, 2,000 Bor-Teire, 4,000 Salteire, 2,000 Campestrus Pratum)
      Result: [44] [18 (roll) + 5 (Mil) + 11 (troops) + 1 (plate) + 2 (Mithril) + 7 (ally troops)]
    • [Luck 5] The favor of the Silver Lady continues to shine on the Imperium, granting them favor in battle.

Last edited by Rizban; 2014-07-06 at 11:31 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    • Military 5: Introduce Agents - Patent Officers (+2 to prevent technology theft)
    • Diplomacy: Improve the AQUA naval academy to a (5/5) GREAT PROJECT with the addition of Celero architecture.
    • Diplomacy: Host the International Summit of Sovereign Nations
      -Sign the Treaty of Wonders the with the Nation of AQUA
      -Gift Magnet Technology to the following Nations: Ashenia, Salterii Imperium, Alydaxas, Jarrland, AQUA, Priory Imperium, Hurosha, Guilder, Serendel, The Triumvirate, Glazfell, Niskovia, The Jomani Kralstvo, (and in case I miss any eligible nations, all who post in the International Council Summit IC thread, or all that spend an action to attend the International Council Summit are eligible to receive the gift)
      -Pending...
      -Pending...
      -Pending...
    • Curiosity: Compile a codex on the rule of Law (3/5) {project in conjunction with the Salterri Imperium and the Priory of Ascension}
    • Curiosity: Continue Construction of the International Embassy (3/5)

With the announcement that Crown Prince Rion will finally marry, Queen Amalia announces her abdication, effective the day after her son's wedding. She plans to retire to the Ashenian countryside with her husband, who claims royal Ashenian heritage.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-07-06 at 02:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1.) Zhuang gathers the military forces of the Triumvirate under his banner and marches south into Bor-Teire. He claims the Priory is a rebellious and oppressive state, too dangerous to be allowed to operate freely south of of Triumvirate lands. They have violently usurped power from his cousin and the rightful heir to the Silver Throne, they have suppressed the native worship of the Lord of Fire in Bor-Teire and Minotron, and they are known oath breakers who illegally split from their liege without just cause and thus cannot be trusted. The rallying cries of Zhuang draws much support, and even though there are those who hold some reserve and those who's loyatly remains to the Shahidi Mkuu or the Senate the Emperor Zhuang still manages to gather a sizable horde. [Military]
    14,000 men march south under Zhuang's command (6,000 Aloren Troops, 2,000 Grizzland Troops, 4,000 Nyroth Troops, 2,000 Woodwind Troops) and are outfitted with Adamantine, Kralaxes, Plate Armor, and Zeppelins. Roll: 18 (L5) + 6 Military, +14 Troops, +5 Techs (43 total)
    2.) Zhuang seeks to prove himself beyond capable, a fearsome opponent, and focuses the entirety of his strategic mind and focus on the battlefield. (Luck 5 Action to influence Military Roll [Luck]
    3.) After the first battle of Bor-Teire, in the year 422, Zhuang is taken into custody by a coalition force of 9,000 men from the Triumviral Provinces, whom Zhuang's troops refuse to fight, and taken to a trial held by the Shahidi Mkuu Shvedrishti for his alleged crimes of fratricide, conspiracy, and treason. The forces he had led into Bor-Teire remain there in holding positions as do half of the arresting forces, with pamphlets and stories exchanged from the arresting troops to the stationed troops about the crimes of Zhuang. Many seem revolted that they followed Zhuang and decry his whole mission, others decry the man but not the mission, a select few are not swayed by the purported evidence but the death count pushes their loyalty to neutrality. [Military]
    • The trial concludes with the conviction of Zhuang for crimes of Fratricide and Treason to be sentenced to death.
    • The trial also sees Syana's reappointment as Empress only to take the single action of relinquishing the Ignato right to the Imperial line. No living Ignato challenges her decree.

4.) After the trial the Triad Council meets to draft a new constitution. Full document in spoiler, highlights pinged here [Diplomacy]
    • The Ignato Empire is totally dissolved into the Triumvirate, as are the holdings of Genivana and Hrathan-Tuor before the unification. Essentially we're moving from confederation to total federation.
    • The Triumvirate shall be headed by the Triad Council composed of the Lord Chancellor, the Speaker of the Senate, and the Shahidi Mkuu (or in the absence of the Shahidi Mkuu an appointed member of the Chuo wa Mashahidi)
    • There shall be no more Emperor or Empress in the Triumvirate, the position of specialized Military, banned Faith shall now be titled "Lord Chancellor" and shall be handled by ImperatorV through the Ethmorl line.
    • The Speaker of the Senate position shall no longer be hereditary, being chosen instead by election amongst the body of the Senate by the Senators who are themselves elected by the literate citizens of the various Triumviral Provinces. I shall be taking over this branch with specialized Curiosity and banned Faith.
    • The head of the Radurjic Faith shall continue to be zabbarot through the Shahidi Mkuu and in the absence of the Shahidi Mkuu the Chuo wa Mashahid (College of Witnesses) however this branch shall now focus on Faith and ban Diplomacy rather than Curiosity.

5.) A delegation is sent to the Raaneki Games [Diplomacy]
    • Trade Nyroth Silk to Tempestia for Tempestia Geese to Hrathan Tuor
    • Grizzland Stone is distributed among the Triumviral Provinces: 1 stack is sent to Hrathan-Tuor, 1 stack is sent to K'braashriix, and the final stack is sent to Woodwind
    • Trade is established with Raaneka: Oracle Tech and Sewage System tech is granted to Raaneka in exchange for rights in Qarimos to build a trading post for Ships and Mihtril Forging Tech being granted to the Triumvirate.
    • Trade Genivana Osuro with the Guilderen Expanse for Maos Athletes to Grizzland
    • Trade with Guilder: Sewage Systems Tech for Blackpowder Tech
    • Redirect Shintouite import from Nyroth to Grizzland
    • Begin internal tribute of K'Braashriix Fruxtkorp'r to Aloren for use and study by the Enclave of Existence
    • Begin internal tribute of Hrathan-Tuor Hai Vyuma to Aloren for use and study by the Enclave of Existence
    • Trade Nyroth Silk with the Sea of Glass for Sea of Glass Nitrates to Grizzland

6.) Attend the International Council Summit [Diplomacy]
    • Trade Aloren Goats and Adamantine Tech to Pavonia for a stack of Hellstone and a stack of Sulfur from Norogh to Grizzland
    • Discuss changing the terms of the Alliance of Scale and Sky
    • Trade Genivana Timber to Yorukuni for Heartwaste Gems to Genivana
    • Step out of the Grand Coalition as an official entity
    • Renegotiate terms of the Treatise of the Elements with Celero and Hurosha
    • Trade Nyroth Ginger to Hazaria (Ashenite Kingdom) for Sugarcane to Woodwind
    • Sign the Propinlonge Convention

Spoiler: Family Happenings
    Show
    • Khan Dyamusan Ignato and Woodwind Senator Zaafarani Vasanta, long time on again off again lovers marry in the year 424. 8 months later, a son, Kilwen Ignato, is born. Kilwen currently is the only legitimate heir to the Khanate of Woodwind.
    • Syana Ignato dies in the year 425, her long and stressful life finally catching up to her. The new Triad Council declares a month of mourning and she is buried underneath a grand garden in Miji Mkuu with a simple marble headstone bearing the words: "Mother. Wife. Empress." marking her simple grave.

Spoiler: (420) The Difference Between Assassins and Killers
    Show

"Nobody seems to know who they were sir, they weren't any of ours, but its possible they received some training as they were able to gain entrance undetected."

"Then have you checked records for any deserters or wash outs?"

"Yes sir, but there were none who matched the description given by the Prince Elwyr."

"They were sloppy, but they had a degree of professionalism its possible they were students of deserters. Check the records with the northern guilds for any who had at least six months of training over the past few years and managed to evade surveillance by the Network."

Dagr turned his back to the young messenger-assassin as he left to carry out his orders. The mixture of Guild work with his granted nobility had led to a strange population of staff. More than half his thingmen carried dagger and poison rather than sword or axe and all his messengers and more mobile servants were trained as assassins as well. Even some of his castle staff were at least marginally proficient in the art of assassination. It would unnerve his wife and guests and so he told few people, but in truth his own cook was a master poison brewer as well as a fine chef. Some might consider it dangerous, but Dagr trusted the man with his life, quite literally, as much as the other man trusted Dagr with his own. But his mind was wandering, as it too often did, and he brought himself back to the issue at hand.

Members of the Jarrow royal family had been murdered and others were suspected of having been abducted. Dagr had been tasked with attempting to find the culprits and to attempt and find the young Lady Seirwynn or the Lords Fydias and Vyrias but had so far been unable to find anything substantial. Many believed it was the doing of the Priory, a revenge killing for the Jarrow supporting Hanyeo in the Silver War, and while it would be easy to pin it to the organization and convince the King of their guilt so little did he need to encourage such thoughts, Dagr could not bring himself to declare the Priory the perpetrators. There was no real substantial benefit to them. Though he had heard Ascension followers had attempted a coup when the King marched to Salteire it had been bloodless and no one had lost a life. In fact, it seemed rather out of line with the Priory to attempt and kill someone. They had rebelled, yes, but they had done it most passively and the battle at Salteire, despite its size and scope, had been relatively low in body count.

Of course, there were gossiping hens who thought the Princess Dacari had been killed in some sort of lover's quarrel gone wrong, but such assumptions made no sense considering it was a team of killers who had worked together. Unless Raaneki customs were so strange as to have teams of lovers who might feel spurned as a unit and work together to kill a woman whom they felt scorned by he was leery to lend much credence to those theories.

Of course, no one knew where to start looking for Seirwynn or her cousins Fydias and Vyrias. Dagr had assured the King that demands for ransom would come as he had suspected the killers and abductors to be common criminals at first, and he had told the King himself that he would gather his men and ensure the death of the criminals and the safety of his niece and nephews, but then, silence. No demands had come for their release and Dagr as well as the rest of his Guild had begun to wonder what exactly had happened that night and who was responsible. If there was no demands for ransom then it couldn't be the acts of criminals, if it had been the work of a team it could not be the work of pure amateurs, and as so far no solid evidence had been presented to the case Dagr did not believe it was the Priory. Unfortunately such conclusions led to the lack of any conclusion at all.

He hoped following up on those who had deserted the Guild might lead to some revelations but he was doubtful. Most who managed to get away from the Guild directly were still monitored by the Network and the Guild remained aware of their actions. Very few managed to get away completely, and he knew of only one off the top of his head that had managed it and that was at least 20 years ago, in the north. A woman named Mchumba Wahoma, everyone called her Sweet, a rough translation of the overly religious name her orphanage had saddled her with. She was about Dagr's age, had been promising and had earned a lot of accolades in the Genivanan Guild at about the same time Dagr and Syf had been moving up in the Woodwind Guild, but one day she had disappeared. The Network couldn't find her, her teachers couldn't find her, no one could.

Was it possible she was still alive and had begun to try and train a rival guild down south? He hesitated for a moment, all he had to go on was a memory and a gut feeling, but those two things had worked for him before and right now there was no other legitimate leads. Waiting around pondering wouldn't accomplish anything. He grabbed his sword belt and buckled it on, it was time to give the investigation a direction, and that direction would be towards Mchumba Wahoma.

Spoiler: New Constitution of the Triumvirate
    Show

Constitution of the Triumvirate

The Triumvirate is the sole and primary governing body of the provinces of Aloren, Genivana, Grizzland, Hrathan-Tuor, K’braashriix, Nyroth, and Woodwind. All former independent governments including the Ignato Empire, the Kingdom of Genivana, and the Guild System of Hrathan-Tuor are officially and completely dissolved as surviving entities, with details of their integrated internal governance to be discussed herein.

The Triumvirate shall be composed of three separate branches of government: The Executive, the Legislative, and the Judicial whose powers and duties shall be discussed further in their respective subheadings. The heads of these branches shall sit on the Triad Council and act as the ultimate source of leadership and representation of the Triumvirate as a whole. The branches of the Triumvirate government shall work multilaterally amongst themselves and shall exist to check and balance one another but shall ultimately be independent of the other branches to make decisions and take action of their own accord. No branch of governance shall claim superiority over another or take action against another. To take action against one branch shall need the cooperation of both branches against whom the charges are not levelled.

The Executive Branch of the Triumviral Government and Executive Seat of the Triad Council shall be headed by the Lord Chancellor, whose succession shall be determined by trial of wit and prowess amongst the eldest three children of the current Lord Chancellor, first of whom shall be Irvest Ethmorl. Should the current Lord Chancellor lack three children the Senate shall elect a member of the Lord Chancellor’s blood related family to participate in the trial against the children of the Lord Chancellor.
    The duties of the Lord Chancellor will be to primarily maintain military cohesion throughout the Triumvirate, raise armies, declare war, and act as commander in chief in times of war. The Lord Chancellor shall too be permitted to make treaties, trade agreements, and represent the Triumvirate to the world stage. So too shall the Lord Chancellor be allowed to fund scientific, economic, and cultural ventures and pursue these avenues as desired pending approval of funding from the Senate. The Lord Chancellor shall be forbidden to interfere with matters of religious context, this being the sole duty of the Judicial branch.
    The Lord Chancellor shall preside over the Executive branches within the Triumviral Provinces. The provincial Executive leaders shall be granted the title of Chancellor but may maintain any local title that does not conflict with existing granted titles. The Chancellors of the Provinces shall be the heads of the royal lines of individual provinces and will be allowed to maintain any methods of succession currently employed within the province. Their duties will echo those of the Lord Chancellor on the provincial scale.
    Beneath the Chancellors shall preside the Governors, titles given to the heads of cities, whose appointment shall be the duty of the Chancellor of the province in which the city lies. The Governor of Miji Mkuu shall be appointed by the Lord Chancellor himself.

The Legislative Branch of the Triumviral Government shall be composed of the Senate and the Legislative Seat of the Triad Council shall be filled by the Speaker of the Senate. The Speaker of the Senate shall be elected by the Senators from amongst their own body and shall serve as the voice of the Senate and their needs. The position of the Speaker shall be non-hereditary and no Senator shall be permitted to serve more than 3 terms as Speaker. Elections for Speaker shall be held within the Senate every 5 years and the winner shall be determined by the nominee with the plurality of the votes.
    Senators shall be elected to represent 10,000 people within each province, rounded upwards, and shall be voted for by all literate Triumviral citizens at least 20 years of age. A Senator’s term is for life though retirement is allowed. Elections for Senators shall occur once every 2 years as needed by loss of Senators to death or retirement or expanded population. To qualify for Senatorship the candidate must be a Triumviral Citizen, be at least 26 years of age, and have lived at least the past 8 years within the province for which they’re running to represent.
    The duties of the Senate shall primarily be the concerns economic and scientific in advancement and shall determine the allocation of funds for such projects being in control of the Triumvirate Reserve. The Senate shall also retain secondary rights to military ventures, though ultimately under the realm of the Lord Chancellor the Senate shall maintain equal rights to raise armies and aid in maintaining military cohesion but shall have no right to declare war. So too shall the Senate through the Speaker be allowed to attend diplomatic events and sign treaties for the whole of the Triumvirate, especially in regards to matters of trade but not excluding political reasoning alone. The Senate shall not, under any circumstance, interfere with matters of faith within or without the Triumvirate, that being the sole duty of the Judicial Branch.

The Judicial Branch of the Triumviral Government shall be composed of the Radurjic Faith as headed by the Shahidi Mkuu who shall sit upon the Triad Council and, in the absence of the Shahidi Mkuu, the Chuo wa Mashahidi shall elect a member to sit upon the Triad Council to represent the Holy Radurjic Judicial Branch. The Shahidi Mkuu shall be determined by the testing of the Chuo wa Mashahidi upon those whom it determines have a high likelihood of being the Shahidi Mkuu upon his/her rebirth. The Shahidi Mkuu shall then be raised and educated by the Chuo wa Mashahidi until such a time as he/she is capable of assuming the position of Shahidi Mkuu.
    The Chuo wa Mashahidi shall be composed of the eldest 15 Mashahidi from across the Triumvirate Provinces and abroad from those who practice Radurja who have proved themselves capable in crossing the Anga Lingine by completion of the Osuro Ritual. They shall serve for life and shall be succeeded by the next senior member of the Mashahidi upon their death. In times in which the Shahidi Mkuu is unable to rule due to age or lack of discovery the Chuo wa Mashahidi shall hold a special election amongst their number to determine a representative to sit upon the Triad Council.
    The duties of the Judicial Branch shall be primarily those matters of faith and mediation therein. It shall hold exclusive rights to such acts and act for the betterment of the domestic cohesion of the Triumvirate. The Radurjic Judicial Branch shall also pursue matters of economic, cultural, and technological betterment with funds approved by the Senate. The branch so too shall maintain a limited degree of control over matters military, capable of raising troops and aiding in the military cohesion of the Triumvirate but incapable of declaring war, this being the sole right of the Lord Chancellor. The Radurjic Judicial Branch shall under no circumstances pursue matters of foreign diplomacy, these being the shared duties of the Executive and Legislative branches of the Triumvirate government.
    The composition of the Judicial branch on a provincial level shall be determined by local courts and Radurjic leaders, with each Judge of the Province appointed by the Shahidi Mkuu and/or the Chuo wa Mashahidi and lesser provincial judges then appointed by the Judge of the Province with input and veto rights granted to the Shahidi Mkuu and/or the the Chuo wa Mashahidi.

Spoiler: Ruler Change
    Show
    In accordance with the new Triumvirate Constitution the Ignato royal line is no longer a leading member of the Triumvirate. OOC Imp and myself are also switching roles in the Triumvirate and I'm taking over the Speaker position.

Senator Aluic Shaeldtae is elected to the position of Speaker of the Senate, which includes a seat on the Triad Council, by his fellow Senators in the year 424. Rolls Assignment Oracle Bonus

Final Stats
    Diplomacy: 5
    Military: 3
    Curiosity: 5
    Faith: 2
    Luck: 4

Aluic Shaeldtae, the second son of the current King, now Chancellor, in Aloren is an educated and well known man within the Triumvirate. He is an accomplished lawyer and negotiator, being the head of the prosecution in the trial of Xiu Zhuang Ignato, and is an internally highly respected member of the Senate. For years he has pushed for a new, more democratic system of selection for the position of Speaker and has now succeeded in his goal. Many of his viewpoints on domestic governance are considered radical, with a desire to see greater power given to the people, and it seems unlikely that his ideas will come to pass in his lifetime but even what he has accomplished in opening the Speaker position is considered a great accomplishment by his supporters. Despite his radical views Aluic was friends with Syana Ignato in the later years of her rule, the two often working together to help accomplish internal matters of the Triumvirate and it was partially only through her support that he was able to see his dream of a greater democratic Senate come to fruition. (Biographic details: B. 384)
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-07-05 at 10:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Triumvirate Round 19
    Show
    • Host the trial of Xiu Zhuang Ignato for the crimes of fratricide, conspiracy, and treason. [Diplomacy]
    • Draft a new Triumvirate Constitution [Diplomacy]
      1. a. The Shahidi Mkuu and the Radurjic branch remain largely in a similar position, with specialization in Faith, but now this branch bans Diplomacy, dedicating itself to purely internal law.
    • Convert Frontier Colony(Guilder, forgot region number) to Radurja (minority) [Faith]
    • Convert Lyradis to Radurja (minority) [Faith]
    • Begin construction of the foundations of a fort system in Grizzland, similar to the system in Nyroth. The system shall be improved with Shintouite in the coming years. (1/5) [Military]
      6.) Raise 1,000 troops in K’Braashriix [Military]

Rolls
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-07-05 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

The End of the Beginning.....

Show
    1. Convert Zargrim to Ashmar (targeting LoF worshippers) SUCCESS (Rolls) (Faith)
    2. Convert Tekorva to Ashmar SUCCESS (Rolls) (Faith)
    3. Convert Keldagrim to Ashmar SUCCESS (Rolls) (Faith)
    4. Complete to construct a vast network of Itou-Temples in all the major cities of the Hurosha Empire. (Faith, Great Project 5/5)
    5. Nyllana attends the Trial of Zhuang to support Syana through these difficult times. (Faith)
    6. The Guardians of the Ancients rush through some of the old ruins in Verandil Forest, trying to find any help or clues to help with the days and events to come. The population of Hurosha eagerly grabs hold of these glimmers of hope. Roll: 16 (Faith)

Vassal Actions:

Tekorva:
    1. Continue building on the Tekorva-Zargrim Hovertrain (Great Project, 4/5)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-07-02 at 09:28 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

The Royal Council of Raaneka
    ((Attribute increases last round: Curiosity +1, Faith +1))
    ((Attribute increases this round: Curiosity +1, Faith +1))

Year 421
    After years of happy vassalage, the Royal Council has decreed that a trading post shall be established in the land of Lyradis to the north. May it be considered a berth for fine Lyradissian craftsmen and women, and may they make Raaneka all the more beautiful!

Year 422
    A messenger of the painted folk arrives in many lands across the face of Telluris. Each messenger bears a scroll of colorful papyrus:
    Spoiler: Sealed with purple wax
    Show
    With the joined voices of Queen Bhakti and King Tikta II, Masters of Raaneka, may all the realms lend ear!

The first Lord and Lady of Raaneka ruled for fifteen years, and great contests of glory and skill were held at their coronation and their abdication. These games have repeated themselves every fifteen years for centuries, and in the summer of 422, on the six longest days of the year, the Raaneki Games shall be held yet again. The Raaneki are eager to receive you in peace, and our athletes eager to compete. Come one and all, to partake of our hospitality and our fabled wine.

Henceforth, let it be known that the Raaneki Games will travel to a new city in Telluris every fifteen years. If you would like to host a Raaneki Games of the future, please mention this to a member of the Royal Council.

The Sixth Raaneki Games shall begin in the capitol, Bandar of Many Colors. They will conclude in the city of Sarab.

Signed,

Bhakti and Tikta II Satato
    Queen and King of Raaneka
    Bright Glory, Dark Wine

Year 423
    With the completion of the last Ayavan ancestral shrine, may all with eyes to see and ears to hear rejoice! Fitting tributes to the ancestors and spirits that guide us have been raised in every corner of the Painted Lands. May a full day of revelry be held in honor of such a pious achievement.

Year 424
    Twenty years after their work began in earnest, the Illuminators of Flickerhall have announced mastery over their art! With moving tributes to most of the Royal Council complete, may the Illuminators work to beautify the Final Chronicle of Prince Akali and Princess Marisa Sultana, those ancient rulers of Qarimos. May the luck of their words be a guiding light for our people.

Year 425
    At the request of the Guilderene Expanse, may the Fellows accept a quest to journey into the hot wastes of Sah'raa, to make a survey of the ruins in that land. May the quest drive them, and may glory follow in their wake!

====

Show
    1. [Great Project] 5/5: Refine Ayavan Illumination. (Faith)
    2. [Project] 2/2: Build Ancestral Shrines in Ayava. (Faith)
    3. Host the Sixth Raaneki Games in the year 422. All nations are welcome to attend in peace. (Diplomacy)
      • Establish ongoing trade of Ayavan Cave Cats for Salterri Diamonds.
      • Establish trade of Raaneki Diplomacy Tech for Caercian Horse Riding Tech.
      • Establish trade of Raaneki Mithral Forging Tech and rights to build a Ships Trading Post in Qarimos in exchange for Triumvirate Osuro Oracle and Sewage System Tech.
    4. Construct a Trading Post for Craftsmen in Lyradis. (Curiosity)
    5. [Fellows] Investigate the ruins of Sah'raa. (Curiosity)
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-06-28 at 05:42 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 421
    Arrivals from explorers claiming to be from the Imperium have sparked numerous debates and small demonstrations throughout the lands. The factions desiring a return to the old ways of the ancient Imperium gain new strength as their numbrs of followers grow. The government tries to calm things down, but it seems beyond their control for the moment. The various leards of the Imperialist factions throughout the realm meet and appoint envoys to seek out more information. If a Qzare rules in the east, then there may yet be hope for a restored Imperium.

Upon learning of the envoys from the Imperialists, the Visokral himself and a retinue of retainers journeys into the east to meet with the Qzare, should such a one truly exist.

Both groups divert their destinations to the International Council Summit instead.

The Traditionalists, eager to spread the word of Imperial restoration sends messengers into the surrounding provinces that once belonged to the old Imperium.

Spoiler: Round 19 Actions
    Show
    1. Military - Raise 1,000 soldiers
    2. Military - Raise 1,000 soldiers
    3. Military - Raise 1,000 soldiers
    4. Military - Raise 1,000 soldiers
    5. Curiosity 5 Special - Create a Good resource of Fine Porcelain

6. Curiosity - Explore due west
    7. Curiosity - Explore northwest
    8. Curiosity - Explore southwest (west of 134)
    9. Diplomacy - Send assistance to complete the Chamber of Angels in Salteire (4/5).
    10. Diplomacy - Attend the International Council Summit
      • Become Vassal of Priory of Ascension
      • Trade Shedding Trees to Priory of Ascension for Longhorn Cattle
      • Trade Silk to Priory of Ascension for Borterri Ale
      • Trade Fine Porcelain to Priory of Ascension for Bracian Beer
      • Trade Rubber to Aus-Tiere for Silver.

Last edited by Jeriah; 2014-07-06 at 11:26 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

11. - Top - End - #521

Fluff to come, hopefully. Fluff is here!

Printing presses across the Underpire churn out copies of a proclamation. The groundwork was laid, but now was the time for execution. It would be a long road, but one (hopefully) leading to a more modern and sophisticated Razdis. The Underpire was throwing off the shackles of autocracy, and taking on the revolutionary new (to the Razdissi) ideology of… feudalism. The heads of clans rejoiced, and the commoners at least looked up from their labour with a favourable expression.

Spoiler
    Show
    Underpire proclamation, year 422
    By order of Mormaer Vali and his heir Princess Cogen, the Underpire shall change. All regional or above administrative positions are hereby void, and replaced as detailed below.

Firstly, the Mormaer shall now be formally known as Emperor. The term Mormaer may still be used, but Emperor is now the formal style.

Secondly, the regions of our mighty Underpire are to be organised fully for the first time. Cogen and her line shall take Razdis as their own at the death of Mormaer-Emperor Vali, and the position of Emperor shall be passed down to them. All other regions must bear eternal fealty to Razdis, and the Unbroken Line. Freki and his line shall take Sulvan's Fury. His defence of the region shall long remain in our legends. Ain and his line shall take Elbaraz, and Magni and his line shall take Eyrecradia. Olsung and his line shall wait in patience until another region of appropriate size is acquired by the Great Crown of Razdis. They are bound to no region, and may wander as they will.

Thirdly, all regional rulers must have a council of clan leaders or the local equivalent. These must be consulted for major decisions, but may of course be overruled by the regional ruler. These clan leaders may assemble an armed retinue, if they so wish. They must assist the regional ruler in martial matters however. They shall act together as deputies of the regional ruler, holding land and dispensing justice.

Fourthly and lastly, regional rulers may not interfere with other regions, unless Razdissi law is broken there. There is to be no intermarriage between ruling lines. In the event of a heirless death, a candidate from another family may take over.

Such is the will of Razdis!

"Looks like it'll hold water. A bit wordy in places, but it'll do. Let it be sent out."
    "Regional ruler… we need a better name than that, father. What do the humans call themselves?"
    "Duke?"
    "Count?"
    "Jarl?"
    "Earl?"
    "You lot can decide on your own, I'm sure."

Changing rulers next round the round after next, rolls here.
    My actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. [DIPLOMACY] As a great project, continue to rearrange the Razdissi political structure - introduce feudalism, as opposed to totalitarian rule. 2/5
    2. [MILITARY] Recruit 1000 troops.
    3. [CURIOSITY] Finish work on the Eyeguard slayers school! Razdissi trained to slay monsters and protect the innocent! 5/5
    4. [CURIOSITY] Continue working on the Deepflame applications, with the aid of Bordeusi lenses. 3/5
    5. [CURIOSITY] Trade stone for plate armour tech with Guilder.

Family:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mormaer Vali the Archer (80)-Urgo Bangboom
    Prince Ali Burned-Eye (80) (missing, believed to be in Sympol hands)
    Lady Uristine Satato, daughter of Herig (75)-David Satato (happily married)
    Princess Cogen, daughter of Urgo (40)
    Prince Freki, son of Vali (40)
    Prince Ain, son of Vali (27)
    Prince Magni, son of Vali (27)-Lhankmar Benxia of Eyrecradia
    Prince Olsung, son of Vali (26)
    Princess Moda, daughter of Lhankmar (1)
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-07-02 at 05:55 AM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

12. - Top - End - #522

421-425 actions
    -curiosity- finish the construction of schools throughout Niskovia and the implementation of a standard curriculum [great project 5/5]
    -curiosity- finish construction of Zeppelin infrastructure in key locations across Niskovia [project 2/2]
    -diplomacy- attend the International Council Summit*
    -diplomacy- stabilise Karintiya (region 48) [diplomacy5 action]
    -diplomacy- continue colonisation of region 74 [round 2/2]

Spoiler: International Council Summit*
    Show
    • Trade Clockwork tech to the Kingdom of Jarrland in exchange for Sewage Systems tech

stat bonuses - diplomacy +1

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    Fluff will be here maybe

Spoiler: Births, Deaths and Marriages
    Show
    Births, deaths and marriages were recorded for last cycle, however there was a fire at record-keeping before the information was published. The relevant individuals have now been tracked down.

416 Tímea Nisakovich gave birth to a son.
    419 Isidora Nisakovich gave birth to twins! A daugher and a son.
    420 Lyubov Nisakovich gave birth to a daughter.
    420 Svetlana Nisakovich gave birth to a daugher.

418 Ingvar Nisakovich married Lyubov Alkaev
    418 Yevgeny Nisakovich married Svetlana Zolnerowich
    418 Jekaterina Nisakovich married Belklyr Quewmir.
    420 Yelyzaveta Nisakovich married Alvar Solberg.

421 Tímea Nisakovich gives birth to a daughter.
    423 Isidora Nisakovich gives birth to a daughter.
    423 Lyubov Nisakovich gives birth to a son.
    424 Yelyzaveta Nisakovich gives birth to a son.
    Last edited by Kitsanth; 2014-07-05 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I believe when looking at a southern region, all you need to do is flip a coin. On heads - it belongs to the Salterri Imperium. On tails - it will SOON belong to the Imperium.

31 regions...sheesh.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 19 Actions for the Kingdom of Serendel (subject to change):

1[Diplomacy] - D10 Action used!
    The Empire of Dawn is founded! The Vassals of Raaneka and Guilder, Wenyavuk and Domhan Abhaile join together with their leige to form an Empire that surround most of the Lyrian Ocean. A new capital is founded as the defacto captial, the region of Selyra, for the Kingdom of Serendel. Lyradis is the sitting capital for the interworkings of the empire, where the vassals and leadership meet.
    2[Diplomacy]
    Lyradis completes the Empire reconstruction project in the city of Delberelle, on the Crest. [5/5] (help from Heartwastes and Wenyavuk)

It is majestic to behold, and with it, a new order of governing comes into effect with the help of the vassals and the Leadership within the Heartwastes! A table of magnificent beauty is formed, round and ornately built to resemble the sun. Stained glass illuminates the chambers in, some from the original throne room that the room was converted from. The light coming off it arrays around in a splendid rainbow of colors, going through the rainbow twice as it encircles the table. The table represents the council that will sit there, at which 14 seats are placed (one centered at each color). The Prism Council. 2 seats for Raaneka, for the Lord and the Lady, adjacent at violet and red, for heartwine. 1 seat for the Lyradissians that hail from Requiem, at blue on ironwood seating. 1 seat for the Gnomes of Ayava, an ornate throne, at green, made of quartz and light crystals. 1 Seat for the that of Guilder, at yellow, and on a seat of bronze. 1 seat for Domhan Abhille, at orange. 1 seat for the Merfolk of Borlmyn, on red, representing their throne of coral. 1 seat for Wenyavuk, at violet, to resemble the ice and snow they hail. 1 seat for the Maosi, at green, and a junglewood seat. 1 seat for the Orcs of Grmanhil, at yellow, for the hives they keep. 1 seat for Sahra'a, at orange, to represent the deserts they hail from. There is one last seat, a seat on which glass reflects the light in prisms underneath the seat, giving all colors out. It is the seat for Emperor Girard.

Council seats will be elected or selected via different regions leadership habits. The Merfolk might elect, but the Grmanhilli might select a representative from the leading clan at the time. The goal is to have both democracy and a monarchy, and have them balance each other out.
    3[Curiosity]
    Found a Trading Post in Qarimos for Elephants.
    4[Curiosity] - Roll 18
    Borlmyn creates a submersible using a mithril frame, clockwork for mechanisms, abyssium as a balast, air as a balance and riser, light crystals to see, thick glass from the lense tech to shield the occupants. Hovercraft tech is implemented in its construction, and it is powered by a man made propeller They test it to a deep depth.
    5[Diplomacy]
    Attend International Summit
    • Agree to the Summit Treaty for Military Prisioners (STMP)
    • Trade Requiem Ironwood to Yurukuni for Stone from the Heartwastes, going to Lyradis.
      (if it's still recorded somewhere that I'm trading that 3rd group to Lyradis, I'm cancelling that trade to make it available. Cancelling is a non action so that should work)
    6[Military]
    Begin work on the foundation and structure of a large "column" of shintouite in Selyra, where the new capital is. It is on the shores and a point that stretches out toward the ocean in the thinest part of the straight. It is unknown to any but the Craftsmen building it what it will be....but it is angled and has some sort of stair-like structure in it.

NPC Vassal Actions -

Wenyavuk
    1[Action]
    Wenyavuk assists Lyradis in assembling their centralized government facilities, and expands the embassies to account for other regions other than the Vassals. [4/5]

Domhan Abhaile
    1[Action]
    Investigate the blackened trees and three toed footprints that were found in the forests a few decades ago. Collect reports of any more sightings of this sort of thing, or the creature that could have caused it.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-07-06 at 09:16 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

The Salterri Imperium

1. [Curiosity] Attend the Sixth Raaneki Games.
      • Sing a song.
      • Trade Pontensular diamonds with Raaneka for Ayavan cave cats.
      • Trade Penoccident cliffhorn goats with Caercia for Sterkelven perytons.
      • Trade Pontensulae orichalcum with the Crown of Jarrow for Tempestia huma birds.
      • Gift berunda-riding technology to Palas Caercia and the Crown of Jarrow.
      • Offer Pavonia trade of Penoccident cliffhorn goats for Hellstone and adamantine-forging technology. This will allow Pavonia to trade their one stack of sulphur to someone else.
      • Sign over Wyrmar to Palas Caercia's jurisdiction in return for acquiring Nia Hai Nian (region 134).
      • Get the Champions of the Fifth and Sixth Raaneki Games hitched.
    2. [Curiosity] Build trade post for Heartwine in Raaneka.
    3. [Military] March 7000 troops into Bor-Teire equipped with plate armor to side with other Imperial/Priory forces (+7 bonus from troops, +1 from plate if the Priory has no plated troops).
    4. [Diplomacy] Tailong attends the International Council in the year 425.
      • Signs the Treatise of Just Treatment.
      • Offer trade of Aus-Teire Silver for Ruo Chugang Rubber.
    5. [Diplomacy] Begin the creation of a complete, formalized codex of civil and criminal law. [1/5]
    6. [Diplomacy] Vassalize Niemidaland (region 88) and appoint Prince Martin Grant-Tremblor as gouvernor.

Non-actions:
    - Block trade between Pavonia and the Triumvirate (specificially Aloren goats for Novorogh sulphur and hellstone).
    - Tailong is crowned Qzare of the Imperium.

Mularuhm
    [IRRELEVANT] Train 1000 troops equipped with mithril. (Prior to this, Mularuhm had lost all troops.)

Non-action: stop sending mithril to the Priory of Ascension. Trade may begin at a later date if the mithril is not traded away by then.

Wyrmar
    [IRRELEVANT] The Lord Wyrmar, Bai Liu, retires in the year 426, formally carrying over his duties to his only daughter Aru as gouverness of Wyrmar under the rule of the Caercian royalty. Xiu-hen Aru marries Gaius Caercia, second son of Lord Protector Markus Caercia.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-07-06 at 09:01 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

ACTIONS

1) [d] attend political summit in Propligne
    -dissolve ties with the GC (no hard feelings?)
    -re-negotiate alliance with the Trimutive
    -dissolve the Saurian Alliance (Scla'ca is mine anyways)
    -Sign Super Treaty 9000

2) [d] colonize region 132 (again). RESULTS: EPIC FAIL (AGAIN)

3) [c] scour the mountains of Arix'la for entrances to a fabled underground region

4) [c] continue super-capital 9000 project foundations [4/5]

5) [f] continue religion reorganization [4/5]

6) [f] finish the Grand Sky-Shrine [2/2]
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-07-05 at 11:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: Glazfelli Actions:
    Show

1. Send a Delegation to the International Conference: (Diplomacy)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Send 1 unit of Skarvali Stone to Aimplach (18B), fulfilling its resource requirement.
    2. Send 1 unit of Skarvali Stone to Haiwaste (82), fulfilling its resource requirement.
    3. Split 5 units of Haiwastan Mud between Glazfell, Estglaz, Skarval, Frosskov, and Drugaud.
    4. Send 1 unit of Haiwasten Potash to Glazfell.
    5. Send 1 unit of Haiwasten Potash to Sympolemou.
    6. Trade Glazfell's Prosthetic Technology to Jarrland in exchange for Sewer Systems technology.
    7. Trade 1 unit of Frosskovi Wood for 1 unit of Heartwaste Precious Stones.

2. Stabilize the Haiwaste! Leveraging the Orcish threat to demonstrate the beneficence and benefits of Glazfelli rule will hopefully increase loyalty to the crown and help ensure that Haiwaste becomes fully integrated more quickly. (Diplomacy 5)

3. Raise 1000 fine soldiers in Haiwaste, to be turned into a regional army when a Duke is appointed. They will not be ready in time to help against the Orcs with any efficacy, but an increased military presence will be useful in ensuring that the people do not panic (Military)

4. Raise 1000 more fine soldiers in Haiwaste, to be turned into a regional army when a Duke is appointed. Such a large Orcish horde is unlikely to have come from nowhere, and more soldiers will be needed to mount an inevitable counterattack. (Military)

5. Tactical Maneuvering Action! The basic battle plan is to harry the Orcish march with Hovercraft-teams and fancy sand-packed Fire Lances before making a push with line infantry. Hopefully the threat of being attacked from multiple directions at once and forward pressure from an army twice their size will cause them to rationally retreat back into the Crags at the border, where they can force a narrower battle through a pass to minimize the effectiveness of simple numbers. What they won't know is that the Stormvermin will have already circled around and set up blackpowder caches near large, unstable boulders. The Sympol are quite good at navigating rough mountains and hills, after all, and it should be easy enough to get by while most attention is focused on the main force. While the gambit won't win the battle on its own, it should be relatively easy to mop up the Orcs in the confusion: If a landslide in a boxed valley isn't enough to get them to break ranks, nothing is. (Military, roll = 4)

6. Waaaaaaaar! With King Khyne having newly taken the throne, a horde of Orcs has risen from the East! Sure that he would be quickly deposed if he allowed himself to look weak in this critical moment, the Boreal King calls upon the realm to muster its armies against this threat. The King brings his own three legions of Frosten men-at-arms, but all the Dukes draw upon their forces as well: Lord Senroth of Estglaz sends three thousand Hoar Scarrels, Lady Cordelia of Frosskov brings two thousand catfolk rangers and a company of Werekin Agniers, Lord Pamari of Skarval leads forth one-thousand Deihandrs and two-thousand Suri. Finally, Duchess Alexia begrudgingly musters three-thousand Suri of her own. (Military, roll is either 41 or 45, depending on maneuvering.)

Sympolemou:

1. Waaaaaaaar! The King of Glazfell has mustered the hosts of the Realm to battle, and Sympolemou answers the call! Duke Ironfang brings two companies of his Elite Stormvermin, Lord Vermoosi of Rapid Runs and Lord Dragarius of the Boneforest each bring Two-and-a-half-Thousand rats, Lord Shwüark of Krepida brings his own host of two thousand, and even Lord Lanistein of Aimplach musters a company to send to the realm's defense. Nearly ten thousand rats march and sail toward Haiwaste, thirsting for the Blood of the Orcish Prides. (TL;DR: Sympolemou sends 10 units to fight orcs alongside Glazfell.)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-07-06 at 09:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527

Spoiler: Round 19 (and backlog) Actions
    Show

1.) Construct a road up the mountain to the Blazing Temple as promised in the Pax Varinel (1/2) [Faith]
    2.) Construct a road up the mountain to the Blazing Temple as promised in the Pax Varinel (2/2) [Faith]
    3.) Stabilize Yorukuni, long in chaos since the departure of the Aristocracy. This is done in a few ways, first Sanctuary as it was known is officially dissolved as an entity, divided as it has been by the world; second the nations of the Heartwaste and Sanctuary are given the title the Ancient Freehold of Faedas reminding the people of the Heartwaste of their ancient ties to the ancient Empire of Faedas and demonstrating a forward movement away from Imperial ideals; Thirdly the remaining Aristocracy in Yorukuni are organized and structured by Valineth with the reestablishment of a royal line in the territory. The Yorukuni with the most prominent Hanseiyoku, the House Noburo, are married to Prince Daiki through their most beautiful daughter and the children of this union are set to face the Battle of Wits for succession to the position of Prince upon Daiki’s death or abdication. The Prince of Yorukuni shall be subservient only to the Queen upon the Throne of Thorns and shall otherwise have free reign within the region of Yorukuni. Though scheming continues among the Yorukuni Aristocracy positions have now been clearly defined and a Prince, if not a High Prince, has been restored and with that the opportunities for clear and easy advancement gathered by subterfuge or murder are greatly curtailed. [Diplomacy 5] [Diplomacy]
    4.) Stabilize The Heartwaste. This is done in a few ways, first Sanctuary as it was known is officially dissolved as an entity, divided as it has been by the world; second the nations of the Heartwaste and Sanctuary are given the title the Ancient Freehold of Faedas reminding the people of the Heartwaste of their ancient ties to the ancient Empire of Faedas and demonstrating a forward movement away from Imperial ideals; Thirdly the Fae Court at the Ice Palace, long claiming titles and dominion from the safety of the mountains are forced to take actual positions of authority within the Heartwaste. Valineth’s daughter, Lorisanth Varinel, is named heir to the Throne of Thorns and is to be given dominion over the Heartwaste region directly as Princess of the Heartwaste when she comes of age in ten years. The Princess of the Heartwaste is to report directly to the Throne of Thorns from which the Queen of Faedas, Valineth, shall rule. The three noblest Fae bloods are granted marches along the borders of the Heartwaste and the title of Marquis is granted to their matriarchs, the two remaining noble houses of repute are granted counties in the Heart and the titles of Countess are granted to their matriarchs. These nobles are also pushed out of the Ice Palace and forced to take residence in the lands they now control. [Diplomacy 5] [Diplomacy]
    5.) Construct a series of strategically placed castles throughout the Heartwaste from which the nobility can rule. (1/2) [Military]

1.) Construct a series of strategically placed castles throughout the Heartwaste from which the nobility can rule. (2/2) [Military]
    2.) Aid Ashenia in its construction of the University of Gran Kyara in repayment for its efforts years back in promoting the Pax Varinel as well as to promote peace and knowledge throughout Telluris (1 round of work to University of Gran Kyara) [Curiosity]
    3.) In accordance with the Pax Varinel's promise to aid in the promotion of peace and unity throughout the lands the Heartwaste aids Lyradis in its organization of a council for its vassal states, using old connections to Domhain Abhaile and Wenyavuk to help especially in regards to those two countries. (1 round of work to Lyradis Council) [Curiosity]
    4.) In accordance with the Pax Varinel's promise to aid in the promotion of peace and unity throughout the lands the Heartwaste aids Kasumor in its construction of a Hovertrain system between Tekorva and Zargrim so that trade, and with it peace, can benefit from the speedier mode of transport granted by the system. [Curiosity]
    5.) Valineth, alongside her husband Wayve, attends the International Summit [Curiosity]

Spoiler: International Summit Sub-Actions
    Show

• Trade Precious Gems from the Heartwaste to Glazfell for wood to the Heartwaste.
    • Trade Precious Gems from the Heartwaste to the Triumvirate for Genivanan Jungle Wood to Yorukuni
    • Trade Stone from the Heartwaste to Lyradis for Ironwood to Yorukuni
    • Trade Stone from the Heartwaste to Yorukuni in exchange for Kinu Kuroth Silk from Yorukuni
    • Trade Stone from the Heartwaste to Maos for Grain to Yorukuni from Guilder
    • Trade Kinu Kuroth from Yorukuni to Celero for Bananas to The Heartwaste from Galomyr
    • Trade Kinu Kuroth from Yorukuni to Kasumor for Squid to Yorukuni from Shikurai

Last edited by Reggiejam; 2014-07-05 at 07:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Stat increases from last round: +1 Curiosity, +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military

Show
    1: Attend the International Council Summit [Diplomacy]
    -Betroth Hazael Toranath to Eirwynn Jarrow
    -Betroth Lazarul Toranath to Marcia Caercia
    -Gift Celestial Diamonds to Bordeux
    -Gift Adamantine to Bordeux
    -Gift Sugarcane to Bordeux
    -Gift Great Lizards to Bordeux
    -Trade Sugarcane to Woodwind in exchange for Ginger to Hazaria
    -Sign the Propinlonge Convention Concerning the Treatment of Prisoners of War
    2: Appoint a Lord Magistrate to ensure the laws of the kingdom are upheld. [Diplomacy]
    3: Continue work on the University of Gran Kyara. [4/5] [Curiosity]
    4: Restructure internal trades. To be determined. [Curiosity]
    -Salt, Celestial Diamonds (from Hazaria), Somnorum (from Kyaralath), Wheat, Voidbeasts, Sugarcane (from Angan Anvale) and Adamantine (from Lacertia) to Ashenia
    -Salt (from Hazaria), Somnorum (from Kyaralath) and Wheat (from Angan Anvale) to Lacertia
    -Wheat (from Angan Anvale), Iron and Great Lizards (from Lacertia) to Kyaralath
    -Iron (from Lacertia) and Salt (from Hazaria) to Angan Anvale
    -Iron (from Lacertia) and Wheat (from Angan Anvale) to Hazaria
    5: Begin restoration works on the Temple of Carasan. [1/2] [Faith]
    6: Construct a shrine in Adrakand to honour those who have given their lives for Ashenia in combat. [Faith]

Suspended projects:
    Encyclopaedia [3/5]
    Fortifications of Misakand [1/2]

Spoiler: Family Updates
    Show
    421 - Salline Toranath marries Kellan Estarath
    422 - Salline Toranath gives birth to a daughter she names Melisana.
    424 - Salline Toranath gives birth to a son she names Kellan
    425 - Hazael Toranath marries Eirwynn Jarrow
    Lazarul Toranath marries Marcia Caercia
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-07-06 at 09:54 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Halfling in the Playground

Calorum, at the great temple Caluxdor.
    almost 7000 priests have gathered to see the ceremony. they are all dressed up in the finest silk robes and patiently await the verdict. the fire at the top of the temple had been lit brighter as normally this morning, which can mean only one thing. A new Blazing Avatar has been revealed!

Arthus Divinorum, high priest of Fire, appeared on the balcony accompanied by a small no older as five and the son of Athelmere, king of Jarrland. He heaved his hands and started to talk to the gathered priests that filled the pit of light. his words wear lost as suddenly the sky broke open with a loud bang. a flash of lightning hit the fire on top of Caluxdor and the tower started to break. A large fissure ran down the tower all the way down to the balcony were it suddenly changed direction and stopped above the head of the girl. The tower remained undamaged apart from the fissure and after the priests had settled down, it was agreed upon, by all, that she would be the new Blazing Avatar and would therefore receive her new name, 'Latura the first'.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    1. honour the lords decision who will become the next Blazing Avatar. [faith]
    2. finish the Blazing temple and open it for the new Blazing Avatar (5/5) [faith]
    3. continue to improve infrastructure in Calorum (3/5) [Curiosity]
    4. raise 1000 troops to aid in Calorums defence [Mil]
    5. instate a law that dictates farmers to preserve 5% of their total meat productions in salt, so it can be used during times of drought etc. [Curiosity]
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

20. - Top - End - #530

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    1.) Send a coalition of 9,000 troops to Bor-Teire to arrest Zhuang and bring him to face trial for the alleged crimes of crimes of fratricide, conspiracy, and treason. The forces Zhuang had led into Bor-Teire remain there in holding positions as do half of the arresting forces, with pamphlets and stories exchanged from the arresting troops to the stationed troops about the crimes of Zhuang. Many seem revolted that they followed Zhuang and decry his whole mission, others decry the man but not the mission, a select few are not swayed by the purported evidence but the death count pushes their loyalty to neutrality. [Military]
    2.) Attend Trial of Zhuang [Diplomacy]
    3.) Draft a new Triumvirate Constitution [Diplomacy]
    a. Irvest takes on the title of Lord Chancellor and the duties it entails. (Specialized Score: Military, Banned Score: Faith) The position of Speaker of the Senate is left to election from within the wider body of the Senate.
    4.) Complete Nyroth Shintouite Fort System (5/5) [Military]
    5.) Begin to establish a branch of the Triumviral School System within K’Braashriix (1/2) [Curiosity]
    6.) Begin construction of Amber Stadium in Grizzland, where the Telluris Games might be held should the Triumvirate host them in 15 years’ time. (Great Project: 1/5) [Curiosity]

21. - Top - End - #531
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

*adding fluff and fixing things tomorrow*

Show
    Stat increases from last round: +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

1: [Military] Increase navy by 1000.
    2: [Military] Increase navy by 1000.
    3: [Curiosity] Finish studying Qarimosi ships, and training sailors for open ocean travel. (Project 2/2)
    4: [Curiosity] Construct schools, gather specialists. Compile notes on inlander language (Education Great Project 3/5)
    5: [Curiosity] Investigate: Adapting ships for use in shallow and swampy terrain, for use as swifter internal transport.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

End of Round Nineteen.

Any edits to actions in posts edited after the time of posting this one are considered not valid. (Excepting the OP, of course.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

23. - Top - End - #533

Round Twenty: Begin!
    Years 426-430 of the Common Calendar

Don’t forget to link to any rolls you make for ANY Attribute checks, plus rolls for rulers you will start using at the start of next round. If you want a new ruler in the next round, you must state so in your action post for this round and link to their rolls. Any increases from actions for this round are counted for the ruler you start your next round with (because it’s handier to account for by the co-GM), which may or may not be your current ruler.

Good luck!

Rules Changes!
    --

Lucky!
    +1 Luck for…

Get to Luck votes!

Growth!
    Population growth:

Spoiler: Population Growths (x1000)
    Show

Projected population growths in 1000's, meaning -1 is -1000 and 3 is 3000 for example.

Mictlanpa: [-2]
    Wenyavuk: [15]
    Tletica (P8): [1]
    Krepida (P3): [-7]
    Gunung: [21]
    Celero: [20]
    Bereginia: [10]
    Nyroth: [20]
    Kasumor: [38]
    Shikurai: [16]
    The Heartwaste: [10]
    Eyrecradia: [22]
    Woodwind: [28]
    Calorum: [14]
    Gwristin: [25]
    Aloren: [24]
    Genivana: [39]
    Hrathan-Tuor: [35]
    Grizzland: [32]
    Raaneka: [26]
    Ayava: [30]
    Qarimos: [16]
    Lyradis: [27]
    Razdis: [20]
    Guilder: [11]
    Elbaraz: [18]
    Zargrim: [36]
    Keldagrim: [19]
    Pryonia: [27]
    Galie-Noiret: [-9]
    Tekorva: [14]
    Yorukuni: [-2]
    Sympolemou: [27]
    Aimplach (18B): [13]
    Domhan Abhaile: [5]
    Bordeux: [19]
    Sulvan's Fury: [26]
    Ashenia: [30]
    Crima: [36]
    Tar: [12]
    The Jeweled Cities: [20]
    Shengdi (formerly Cassia): [16]
    Scla'ca: [21]
    Alydaxis: [13]
    Hazaria: [3]
    Angan Anvale (43): [20]
    Grmanhil: [17]
    Selyra: [13]
    Bracia: [16]
    Bor-Teire: [8]
    Salteire: [33]
    Campestrus Pratum: [26]
    Solus: [15]
    Kyaralath: [-2]
    Lacertia: [7]
    Intepeuh: [9]
    Sycia: [21]
    Felitora: [5]
    Drugaud: [12]
    Rannara: [20]
    Maos: [14]
    Sah’raa: [27]
    Frontier: [-8]
    The Glazfell: [18]
    Skarval: [-1]
    Frosskov: [13]
    Estglaz: [17]
    Borlmyn: [19]
    Requiem: [17]
    Glirfrey: [12]
    Arix’la: [20]
    Niskovia: [20]
    Karintiya: [2]
    Valeriya: [17]
    Halja: [23]
    Neo Scandza: [14]
    Discordia: [13]
    Jarrland: [18]
    Vennland: [27]
    Farridon: [24]
    Tempestia: [12]
    Pavonia: [14]
    No[vo]rogh (68B): [16]
    Palas Caercia: [25]
    Sterkelv: [5]
    Wyrmar: [15]
    Aus-Teire: [37]
    Pontensulae: [32]
    Penoccident: [15]
    Propinlonge: [15]
    Mularuhm (64B): [9]
    Galardoth (63B): [10]
    Asterith (62B): [4]
    Tzalteclan: [3]
    Niemidaland (88): [9]
    Errelosse (49): [7]
    Valterre (70): [19]
    Galomyr (90): [10]
    Nia Hai Nian: [4]
    The Broken Enclave (130): [10]

Investigate!
    --

Colonize!

Bordeux is unsuccessfull in colonizing region 71!

Palas Caercia is unsuccessfull in colonizing region 71!

The Alydaxian Dominion is unsuccessfull in colonizing region 132!

Claim!
    --

Convert!

Zabbarot - Genivana - Radurja

Lyradis Roll: 14 TN - 10 Status - Successful Minority of Radurja introduced

Frontier (Guilder) Roll: 17 TN - 10 Status - Successful Minority of Radurja introduced

(No resistence noted, Base TN 10)

WaylanderX - Hurosha Empire - Ashmar

Zargrim Roll: 12 TN - 10 Status - Successful Minority of Ashmarism increased to Majority, Majority LoF reduced to Minority

Tekorva Roll: 14 TN - 10 Status - Successful Minority of Ashmarism introduced

Keldagrim Roll: 13 TN - 10 Status - Successful Minority of Ashmarism introduced

(No resistence noted, Base TN 10)

War!

The Glazfell and Sympol successfully defend the Haiwaste. The orcs lose 7000 troops, the Glazfell loses 3000 troops, the Sympol lose no troops. The remaining orc horde of 3000 retreats to 108.

Guilder successfully defends region 85. The orcs lose 9000 troops, Guilder loses 4000. The remaining orc horde of 1000 retreats to 106.

The Priory and the Imperium successfully defends against Zhuang. The Triumvirate loses 1000 troops, all other participants lose no units. (Because Prowess)

Terror!
    --

Explore! New Map!
    Spoiler
    Show

Other!

[GR-1] Rumour has it that Griend gives away breakdancing lessons to everyone brave enough to ask him about it.

[HU-1]
    The Guardians of the Ancients rush through some of the old ruins in Verandil Forest, trying to find any help or clues to help with the days and events to come. The population of Hurosha eagerly grabs hold of these glimmers of hope. Warnings of earthquakes and storms, as wel as their predicted epicentres found.

[Year 426] Several merchants from Hrathan-Tuor's guilds have died from poisoning. Investigation so far has yielded findings of lacertial milk in their intestines.

[Year 426] It appears some people in Fera and Niskovia have taken to the practices of the Flesh Eater, as several Leikjos have turned up dead and mostly eaten. The culprits are yet unknown.

[Year 427] Goats have been found emerging from the mud volcanoes in the Haiwaste. When chased, they ran off towards the east and disappeared.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-07-12 at 05:51 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

24. - Top - End - #534

426-430 actions
    -faith- begin construction of the Sanctum of Prevoskhodstvo upon a ridge overlooking Mount Shlyuz in the Niskovian Steppe (region 47A) [great project 1/5]
    -faith- adherents of the True Path assure the people that they in no way condone the actions of those who have taken up the path of the flesh eater
    -military- mobilise the Niskan Home Guard to track down and execute those who have taken up the abhorrent and deviant practises of the flesh eater. roll here (if needed)
    -diplomacy- stabilise Valeriya (region 77) [diplomacy5 action]
    -diplomacy- stabilise Kaspiyskiya (region 74) [diplomacy5 action]

stat bonuses - faith +1

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    426, excerpts taken from an edition of the official Niskovian newspaper

... what should have been a simple matter was instead drawn out for years. Artem Nisakovich was first brought to trial in the year of 412 (standard reckoning), however he demanded that he be allowed to exercise his 'Right of Statement'. For those who are unaware, the Niskan Right of Statement is a traditional Niskan privilege offered to any condemned criminal prior to their execution. This allows the accused to make a full statement explaining their actions and motives, somewhat unfortunately this requires that witnesses be produced who can verify that the accused is not falsifying their statement. As Artem Nisakovich has spent several years abroad - in 398 (standard reckoning) he had evaded capture by fleeing into Ashenite territory - tracing the appropriate witnesses lengthened his trial considerably...

428, a private parlour in the Raykhenbakh palace

High Prince Vanya Nisakovich stood alone in one of the more secluded parlours. He had received word earlier that morning that his sister had returned to Niskovia and would soon be at the palace. Vanya had not seen his sister for almost 15 years.

Footsteps approached, pausing in the doorway.

"Brother, it is good to see you."

Vanya turned to look at his sister. "You missed the execution. I am glad of that."

"I know. Let's not talk about that," Syuzanna entered the room before continuing, "I have decided to enter into seclusion at Prevoskhodstvo."

Vanya looked at his younger sister in surprise. "You're barely sixty years old, is transcendence what you want? What about Jonatan? How does your partner feel about this?"

Syuzanna sighed, "I doubt I will achieve transcendence but it is the journey that is important. And no, he accepts that it is my choice but he feels that I am making a mistake."

"Then this may be the last time I see you"

And with that, the two siblings spent the next hour reminiscing about earlier times when things had seemed more simple.

Spoiler: Births, Deaths and Marriages
    Show
    426 - Artem Nisakovich is executed in this year
    Last edited by Kitsanth; 2014-07-26 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I believe when looking at a southern region, all you need to do is flip a coin. On heads - it belongs to the Salterri Imperium. On tails - it will SOON belong to the Imperium.

31 regions...sheesh.

25. - Top - End - #535

Spoiler: Wayve
    Show

Heraldry:

Stats:

Diplomacy: 3+1 for round 20
    Militairy: 6+1 for round 20
    Curiosity: 4+1 for round 20
    Faith: 4
    Luck: 1+ maybe 1 for round 20

The Return of an Era

The Birth of the Avatar of Balance

Spoiler: Act 0
    Show

"I'm sure their grandfather can look after them," she smiled with a wicked glint in her eye, "And I could do with the stretching of my legs, they'll be time enough for sitting once the coronation gets underway, besides I wanted to speak with your mother anyway before the coronation."

With that Valineth began to make her way towards the doors leading away from the main hall and towards the shrine of Ashmar she suspected the Empress Nyllana to still be near.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

“…..and may Ashmar watch over him, bringing fortune to all under his reign. Kangei Ashmar.”

Nyllana ended her prayer before the altar of Ashmar, her hands upon her lap, her tail folded below her. Her son was on the verge of a change in his life. Being the Emperor, he would have to utilize all of his Prowess to lead Hurosha to prosperity and peace. Not that she had any doubt he could not do it. Her son was an Earthguard after all. Wayve was well versed in diplomatic and military matters, was one of the strongest armsmen of Hurosha and had the sharp mind her father also had.

While musing all of this, flying to the Hall of Guarding, she heard a Kasumori guardsman calling her out. When she turned around, he was running towards her, holding his arms, which appeared to be punctured and red with blood. She hurried to the guard, but he already collapsed onto the ground, exhausted by blood loss and exertion alike.

“E-e-empress….Vault…As..pect….rampaging…need..your….hel ..p…protect...us...”

After he uttered those words, the man lost consciousness. Nyllana’s hands grew cold. This was the worst timing the Aspect could have, foreign powers visiting. If the Aspect was on a rampage and would break out, many lives, including foreign ones, would be lost and with that, Hurosha would be plunged into chaos and disarray. She looked at the palefaced guards standing nearby.

“You! Take care of this man, give him every care he needs. And you, inform Marius Earthguard and instruct him to rush to the Vault with a platoon of guards! HURRY!”

With those words, she flew off to the Vault, nimbly manoeuvring between the corridors and columns of the Kyuden. Even from afar, she could see that something was amiss. The heavy adamantine doors were wide open and screams could be heard inside. Fortunately, the Vault was such a large distance away from the Hall of Guarding that the screams couldn’t be heard there. Curious eyes might not like what they saw inside.

She flew inside, preparing for the worst. However, as she observed the scene, being prepared for the worst was not enough. A dozen guardsmen lay bleeding on the ground, limbs crushed. Curiously, none were dead. A handful of warriors were still trying to subdue the giant insect with long spears and halberds, but the Aspect ignored the weapon, as if not even feeling them. It was stomping around aimlessly, not even paying attention to its surroundings. It was a queer sight, as a gigantic child rampaging out of boredom.

It appeared as slow as the stream of lava, the way the Aspect turned his head to confront the new intruder. To confront her. Then, they made eye-contact, and something changed in the compound eyes of the Aspect. Suddenly, they seemed illuminated by an inner light. Suddenly, with a speed Nyllana would deem impossible afterwards, the Aspect charged at her, his stinger ready above his head. She tried to reach for Aonami, but it was already too late. With a sickening crack, the huge stinger struck Nyllana, penetrating her sternum. Her eyes widened, not able to grasp the situation. He looked down, saw the stinger impaling her body. Her body that grew more limp every passing second. Red rivers of crimson blood streamed down her chest and tail. She slowly sank into unconsciousness and everything faded….to a total blackness.

Spoiler: Act 1
    Show
    Eventually, the darkness faded. Nyllana opened her eyes, lying face up on the ground under the open sky, snow white clouds slowly drifting above her. The smell of grass and dirt permeated her nose. Confused and dazed, she set up and looked around. She sat upon a island in a vast ocean of air, floating amidst other islands of varying sizes. The island she sat on appeared to be one of the larger ones, about as long as 50 mantid lengths and 30 lengths wide.The view of solid ground below her, if there was any in the first place, was obstructed by a thick layer of clouds, moving rapidly and erraticly.

"Where am I? What in Ashmar's name happened?" She murmured.

Then, with a shock, she remembered what happened in the Vault. Grasping her chest, she looked down. There was no wound, no blood, no pain, nothing.

"Where you are? You're in the spirit world miss. And what happened, you got impaled, badly." A voice behind her said.

Nyllana whirled around, unsheathing Aonami, ready for combat. Upon a large rock sat a man, appearing around 40 human years old. He was clad in a pitch black tunic, covered by an embossed leather jerkin, one shoulder covered by a ornate shoulderpiece of a material with a reddish hue she could not identify. His legs were covered in metal plating of the same material. Upon his lap lay a greatsword, unhilted, made out of two blades as one: a brownish part which seemed to resemble a crystal and a crimson part resembling a flame. He sat upon the rock in a casual manner, observing her with a hint of amusement in his eyes. Which were maybe the strangest part of the man's appearence. One half blue, one half white, seemingly whirling around eachother, as if dancing (OOC: bassically a blue-white Yin-Yang with a pupil in the middle).

"Quite a feisty one, aren't you, my lady? The place were you come from must be quite the dangerous place for you to be so on edge."
    He said jokingly, picking up his greatsword and jumping 4 meters down with catlike grace.

Nyllana stayed vigilant and kept her distance. "You said we are at the spiritworld, what did you mean by that, Stranger?"

The Stranger laughed: "That impalement left quite a mark upon your Prowess I see. Plain and simple, lady Nyllana. We are in the spiritworld." He sarcastically added: "Would you want a tour?"

"How do you know my name? Who are you?"

Suddenly the extent of his other remarks made sense to Nyllana. Cold fingers grasped her heart, her breath stopped for a moment. She lowered her weapon, the sense of total defeat washing over her.

"The impalement.. Am I dead? Is this the afterlife?"

The Stranger's smile faded: "Both yes and no, my lady. Your body is on the verge of death, kept alive by the Aspect. However, I would guess you have around half an hour before your body's primary functions fail."

Nyllana lowered her weapon, panic taking hold of her mind.

"I-i-i-i-is there anything I can do from here? ANYTHING?!?! Can you help me? Can anyone here help me?"

The Stranger burst into laughter.

"Don't fret, my lady. For I am the gatekeeper of this place. I can stop you decent into death with the flick of my finger. Alas, there are restrictions to this power. Only those who are worthy can recieve a second chance. Prove yourself, Nyllana Earthguard. Fight me and prove your Prowess is great enough to be spared. Have at you!"

With those words, he clutched his greatsword in two hands, assuming a defensive position in a style she could not recognize.

There was a chance that she could survive this ordeal. If she defeated this man, her life would continue, her Prowess intact. She regained her composure, bringing her weapon up once again. However, there was something abnormal about her opponent that she couldn't place. But that did not change the situation. She had to win this fight.
    Nyllana swallowed, assuming an offensive position. A fight for her life. If she would lose, her soul would decent into death. If she won, she would accend from this place, alive once again. Her goal clear in her mind, she took to the sky, Aonami whirling around in a blue whirlpool of death, as she dove towards her opponent.

Spoiler: Act 2
    Show
    Valineth's brow furrowed, and her slight nose twitched at the smell of the blood. It was Huroshan, a hint of Cloudiz in its scent, not stale but not terribly fresh either. All this registered in moments and the Faedas Queen quickly turned to hurry after her Grandfather-in-law.

"Shinguard Marius!" she shouted as she hurried to catch up, "What is going on!?" she asked as they made their way briskly down the hall.

Marius turned to face Valineth. Clearly he did not expect her to be there. He took a look at the blood, probably deciding it was best to spill the beans.

"My lady Valineth. There has been reports of fighting in the Vault. I was asked by our Empress to make my way to the vault with as many guards as I could muster in this small amount of time. Nyllana herself already went ahead to the Vault to coordinate things further."

His face grew stern.

"I must ask you to keep this event a secret, my lady. It can only cause mayhem and panic if our guests would know something is happening. Not to speak of the destroyed relations between Hurosha and other realms."

He stroked his beard, momentarily in thought.

"Maybe it would be better for you to go with us, Valineth. You will be safe with this many guards and we have no idea what is going on. As far as we know, an assasin could be on the loose, trying to get rid of the Aspect or the royal family. Don't fret though, I send as trice as many guards as you see here to safeguard the Hall of Guarding. The guests, Wayve and my grandchildren will be as safe as can be."

As they entered the Vault, Valineth saw the beast they call the Aspect sitting in the middle, seemingly at rest, unmoving. Two dozen guards lay unconcious on the ground. Someone was sitting on its back, embracing the tail. Taking a closer look, she saw that that someone was the Empress, the Aspect's stinger impaled through her sternum. However, she seemed to be breathing steadily, and sat upon the Aspect's carapace, as if in a prayer. The view as a whole was quite bizare.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Exhausted, Nyllana fell back. None of her attacks had hit true. Moreover, she had not even be able to let the Stranger take a step back in defense. Her every attack was parried perfectly, deflected harmlessly or dodge. Even though she was exhausted due to her extended assault, the Stranger did not even break a sweat, or so it seemed. And that smile.....the entire time, a small confident smile was upon his lips, the same smile as an adult amused by a toddler attacking him with a toy sword. She was furious, but her energy was running out fast. Taking on a more defensive posture, she awaited the Stranger's reaction instead.

The Stranger raised an eyebrow. "Done already? Well, I guess it is my turn now."

The next moment, within the blink of an eye, he stood before her. A wave of panic washing over her, she tried to block the weapon. With a small, playfull flick of his weapon, he knocked away Aonami, after which he rammed the pummel of his greatsword into Nyllana's stomach with a force that send her flying against the rocks behind her. As she slid down, all her hope was lost. She wouldn't be able to pull through, she would be stuck within this realm forever, leaving all those that she loved behind. She failed, her Prowess was not big enough. The Stranger walked to her, greatsword in hand.

"Nyllana Earthguard, Eienguard of Kasumor, Empress of Hurosha. The Empress of Light. A excellent negotiator, warrior and mother. Made Head Priestess of the Ashmar religion by her father."

He raised his sword, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

"But what you lack is...."

"YOU STOP HARRASHING MY DAUGHTER RIGHT NOW!!"

Suddenly, a familiar black blade cleaved through her vision, the shockwave of the attack wipping up the dust beside her and pushing the Stranger back. That voice, that sword, it couldn't be....

Marius Earthguard strode into view, blocking the Stranger from attacking her. He looked as if he were 30 years old again, at the peak of his power. He looked very very mad.

"It's not wise to harrass somebody daughter right in front of them lad. I'm afraid I have to punish you for that."

The Stranger laughted. "What, you alone? Your Prowess is great, Marius, but you can't beat me by yourself."

Marius laughed back. "Do you take me for a fool, lad? I did not come alone. Come on out people! Let's give him what he deserves."

Nyllana's eyes shot wide open, her jaw dropped at the sight that unfolded before her. Her mother, Helena, strode into view, epée in hand. Her brother, Riphal, who died at the grand ball, walked beside her, clad in an adamantine full plate, equiped with his trusty kasarigama and towershield. And finally, her deceased husband, Iconeh, walked to her, kissed her hand, and whispered:

"It's going to be alright, my dear. Just leave this to us for the moment. Just be....ready."

All of them were in the prime of their life, geared up in full plate of shimmering adamentine, their favorite weapons ready for battle.

Iconeh winked, taking his bow from his back, nocking an arrow upon it, ready to fire.

The Stranger observed this with a mocking smile.

"How touching, can we get this party started how, o great warriors?"

At those words, Marius smiled, saying nothing and suddenly charged the Stranger. Their greatswords clashed with a thundering sound, the pressure wave from the clash clearly visible. The started to exchange blows, faster and faster, delivering and parrying strikes that were too fast to follow. The others took positions around the duel, ready to exploit an opening.
    Despite Marius' efforts, the Stranger held his own, even finding time to speak.

"Marius Earthguard, first of his name. The Shïnguard of Origins. The one that befriended the Goblins, marking the first expansion of the Kasumori in over two centuries. The one who discovered the old faith and lay the foundations of its return. A great man indeed. However what you are lacking is......"

With a speed even too great for the former Shïnguard to match, he duck under Marius' blow, his greatsword arcing up to strike the base of Kuroyume's blade.

"Ingenuity."

As the blow connected, Kuroyume's blade shattered into countless black pieces, Marius himself being knocked down, defeated.

With a feral scream, Riphal charged in, shield first. The Stranger looked at him and spoke once again.

"Riphal Earthguard. Brother of the Empress and husband to the Princess of Tekorva. A great fighter, husband and inventor. However, what you are lacking is..."

Riphal charged into the Strangers reach, and with a single swipe of his blade, he destroyed Riphal's towershield, cripling Riphal's arm while he fell to the ground, writhing in pain.

"Faith."

An arrow whizzed past the Strangers head as he turned around to face his next opponent. Iconeh was unleashing every arrow he got at his, but the arrows themselves seemed to have a mind of their own, each of them unable to hit the Stranger.

"Iconeh of Gunung. Husband to the Empress and Prince of Gunung. A great diplomat, with a cunning and sharp mind. However, what you are lacking is..."

The Stranger charged Iconeh, with such speed that Helena could not block him from reached Iconeh. He struck his bow clean in two, after which he kicked Iconeh away from him, the archer made harmless.

"Confidence."

Helena was the last one standing, taking a defensive posture, seeing that every attack failed. The Stranger chuckled as he walked towards her.

"Oh, Helena Earthguard. Wife to Marius Earthguard, the Shïnguard of Origins. A stern, but loving wife, keeping Marius on the right path. Good with an epée aswel. However, what you lack is..."

He swung his blade in a lazy arc, causing Helena to dodge it. When she was jumping back, the Stranger made use of that opening to get close and swat the weapon out of her hand, after which he delivered a backhand slap in her face. She fell down to the ground, defeated.

"Bravery."

Seeying her family laying on the ground, utterly defeated, she began to sob, tears rolling over her cheeks. It was over, all over.
    The Stranger strode to her, sword held high, like an executioner.

"Nyllana Earthguard, Eienguard of Kasumor, Empress of Hurosha. What you lack is..."

Suddenly, from behind the Stranger, two muscular arms grabbed him around his torso. Marius' grinning face appeared above his shoulder.

"WHAT YOU LACK IS....VIGILANCE!"

Riphal and Iconeh grabbed his arms, leaving him right open. Helena was standing up, shouting at Nyllana.

"Finish him, my daughter. Take this chance. YOU DO NOT STAND ALONE!"

The words of her mother awoke her from her missery, clearing her clouded mind, leaving her goal as crystalclear as an open sky.
    With a roar, she fly up higher and higher, the warm sun against her back, then dove at the Stranger with the point of her halberd aimed at the Stranger's chest. Her father began to sing, a song of war, a song of victory.

When we face our final hour, our spirits adrift,
    Come what ever may, we'll be the death of you!
    After channeling our Prowess,
    Your end will be swift!
    Now there's nothing in our way,
    YOU FEEL THE EMPIRE'S GRASP!

The Stranger was struggling to get free, but alas, as fast and powerful as he was, he couldn't match the strenght of three men considered among the best of Hurosha.
    With a final thrust, the tip of her halberd struck the Stranger's chest, upon which the Stranger exploded with a bright, white light, upon which her mind faded into black once again.

Spoiler: Act 3
    Show

Clapping awoke her from the black abyss which she had encountered far too many times in the last couple of hours. Shaking her head to get rid of the dizziness, Nyllana sat up, quickly scanning the area. Her eyes found the Stranger, standing before her. With a smile and a nod, he gestured behind her. She saw her father, mother, brother and husband laying there aswel, slowly returning to conciousness.

"You did well, Nyllana Earthguard. Your Prowess is great indeed."

He chuckled.

"For to acknowledge an enemy is too great a foe and accepting help is also Prowess, although some mortals would leave you to believe otherwise. The notion that you are not alone, even when on the top of the Hierarchy, is fundamental in achieving success."

"You passed the test, my lady. I will return you to the mortal realm. I even have a gift for you, awaiting you when you return."

Nyllana blinked, the bizzar situation to much for her to take in at once.

"Isn't it great, little fly? I am glad we were on time."

Marius ran his fingers through her hair, messing it up.

"But...father...how?"

"How is not important, Nyllana. Just be happy we made it."

The Stranger looked at them, sadness suddenly in his eyes.

"You know that you and Helena cannot return to the mortal realm, do you not Marius?"

Marius shrugged and smiled apologetically.

"Yes I do. But how could a father let his daughter be bullied. That would be very...unProwessful, wouldn't it?"

The Stranger turned around and pointed to the edge of the rock.

"Your transport will be awaiting there. At the least, you will have the company of your wife, son and son-in-law, to make the journey bearable..."

Nyllana saw Riphal and Iconeh hugging and greeting her parents, but her mind was cloudy, as if something was disconnected. Her saviours walked to her, hugged her, kissed her, said their farewells. Her eyes full of tears, she wanted to scream, grasp her parents, hug her brother, kiss her husband, but her body was not responding to her commands. The only thing coming out was a whimper and a sob. They waved, walking away from her, towards the end of the cliff. As soon as they reached the edge, a flying ship, sails unfurled, rose up, picking up the new arrivals. Marius highfived a figure in a pink dress, Iconeh greeted another fire berapi, shortly embracing him. She saw Riphal walking towards a Tekorvan, kissing her on the cheek. She knew this was goodbye, the ship slowly sinking back to the dephs of this strange world. The Stranger was now the only one standing next to her. Her vision slowly began to fade, relapsing back towards the familiar darkness. She could utter a last sentence, using up all of her willpower.

"Who...are...you?"

"Oh I am known by many names, but in this day and age, this era, I am mostly known as A......"

Then darkness took her in its cold embrace once more.

Valineth's point of view

After the bright flash, it stayed silent for three minutes. Soon however, a small earthquake hit the Kyuden. Winds started to blow through the Vault, bringing wet drops of rain with it (the Vault is not connected to the outside). The winds seemed to be centered around Nyllana. Aonami, Nyllana's weapon, begins to pulse with a deep blue light. The fierce light in the eyes of the Aspect begins to fade as it collapses upon itself, as if drained from the inside. Nyllana, still impaled, is lowered into the exoskeleton of the Aspect. Mere moments later, a white and blue appears from within the hollow shell of the Aspect and the wind intensifies, not allowing Valineth to approach. Eventually, after two minutes, the light fades and the wind drops.

In the middle of the Vault lies the outer shell of the Aspect, like a shed skin. When Valineth approaches inside, she sees Nyllana, curled up in a fetal position. However, she has changed beyond recognition. Plates of chitin now cover most of her body, even large parts of her fishtail, which now appears to be almost 3 meters in length and ends in a large stinger. Her wings are also larger and broader than normal, but those are folded up against her back. You can see Aonami laying besides her, the weapon glowing a soft blue.

Spoiler: Nyllana's new appearence (read description for more details)
    Show

Imagine a fishtail instead of legs and insect wings instead of skeletal wings. She also has normal(ish) hair, with a greenish hue.

Spoiler: Act 4
    Show

Valineth nodded in affirmation, her face turning stern as she followed her grandfather in law into the Vault.

"What in the name of Ashmar..." she breathed, "Is the Empress alright?" Valineth asked, with a step towards her mother in law's body.

"We have to do something! That thing is going to kill her!" She looked desperately at Marius for an answer.

When Valineth looked at Marius, she saw him staring with a grim, empty expression upon his face.

"My lady, I must ask you to remain here. Helena and I can save her, but she will need somebody to comfort her when she wakes up."

He looked at Valineth, a sad smile forming on his mouth.

"I am afraid this will be the last time we will meet, lady Valineth. Take good care of my grandson. If he takes after me, he will need a good feminine hand to keep him in check from time to time."

He turned to his wife.

"It's time, my dear. Let us go."

Helena nodded, the same smile upon her face. Marius took Helena's hand in his and the old couple walked to the Aspect. They slowely placed their free hand upon the frightful head of the creature. Suddenly, a flash of light appeared from the eyes of the insect, blinding Valineth. Afterwards, she could see the bodies of both Marius and Helena laying on the ground, unmoving.
    Valineth's brow furrowed in confusion at Marius' words and she tried to take a step after him but found her legs unresponsive. A moment later and her arm was flying up to cover her eyes from the flash of light.

She rushed over to Marius and Helena, checking to see if they were alive. She could not feel their lifeblood moving through them any longer. She looked up at the great insect that still held Nyllana upon its back, fearful of its power she began to try and pull Marius and Helena's bodies away from it. She had moved Helena to the door and was returning to the door with Marius when a great wind began to howl around the Aspect, droplets stinging her skin as they flew through the air. She shielded her eyes as best she could, trying to catch a glimpse of Nyllana upon its back but with the sudden burst of light it became even harder to see.

She watched in fear as the Aspect collapsed in on itself, and as the howling wind and light faded she approached the center of the room carefully, hoping Nyllana might still be there. When she caught sight of the woman's form she rushed over, bending down amidst the shell of the Aspect to lift the Empress' head into her lap. Despite her change in appearance it was still clear this was Nyllana and she was still shockingly alive.

"Empress Nyllana," she half asked, half demanded, "It's Valineth, can you hear me? Are you alright?"

Information flooded her dreams, fragments of things past and current, of Shïnguards, of heroes long forgotten. She saw earthquakes and floods wreck the land, only to be build up again in the blink of her minds eye. She saw the cooperation of men in need, the force of kindred spirits. But above all, she saw the balance, the delicate balance that had been since ancient times, but was disrupted in her age. The balance that was now being restored. She felt she was above it all, and a motherly love filled her when she saw the people of Hurosha working together, restoring the damage that the restoration brought. How she knew all this, she could not tell, but at that moment, she felt content and at peace.

"Empress Nyllana," "It's Valineth, can you hear me? Are you alright?"

A familiar voice eventually called Nyllana back to the world of the living. Nyllana opened her eyes. She found herself looking up to Valineth, her expression worried. When she moved her gaze across her surroundings, she saw the hollow shell of the Aspect.

"I think I am, Valineth. Thank you."

Raising her hand, she saw the gift the Stranger had bestowed upon her. She had recieved the Aspect's power. The power of that hollow shell, without purpose, without soul, had been granted to her, for the sake of keeping the balance and protecting all of life living their lives under Ashmar's gaze. She sat upright and said.

"This must look very distressing to you, Valineth, but a great thing happened here today. My father and mother willingly gave up their lives to help me achieve it. They layed down their lives with grace and Prowess. They wanted me to honour them, not to grieve them. They reside in the Spiritworld now."

Nyllana spread her new wings, flying up slowely.

"Come, we still have a coronation to attend. I will tell you what transpired here while we make our way towards the Hall of Guarding."

Spoiler: Act 5
    Show
    Valineth took a step back as the Empress took to the air.

"Please. Please do," she said confused and nervous, but relieved her mother in law was still alive, for her husband's sake if nothing else.

She looked over at the bodies of Marius and Helena, "Should we... We need to let someone know about this."

"Oh, but we already know, my lady." A voice spoke from the shadows. From behind a pillar, Kenwyn stepped into the light. Solemnly he walked to the bodies of the once great ruler and his wife.

"Marius warned me before he left for the Vault. I thought it weird he said his farewells. The man was and still is riddled with secrets."

Kenwyn faced Valineth and Nyllana, bowing.

"Leave this to me, my Empress, my Queen. I will make sure they recieve the proper rites and are interred in the catacombs. I advise you to keep the funeral after our guests have left, Empress Nyllana. It could spark unnecesairy panic and hostilities."

Nyllana nodded in agreement.

"I'll leave it to you then, Kenwyn."

"Thank you, your Highness."

Nyllana beckoned Valineth to follow, grabbing her cloak from the hooks at the entrance.

"You see, Valineth, this is what transpired there, back in the Vault."

*OOC: Valineth now knows what happened in the Spiritworld*

"One thing, my dear. Please do not tell anyone just yet. We do not want to cause a panic. I will tell them when the time is right."

By the time Nyllana finished talking, they had arrived at the Hall of Guarding. Putting up her hood, she made her way to Wayve, who by this time had noticed that his axe and the other weapons were glowing and she put a hand upon his shoulder.

"It is time, my son."

Wayve looked at his mother, utterly confused.

"Mother, something strange is happening, we should...."

"All is alright my son. Ashmar has blessed us with balance and the power to maintain it. Come now. It is time."

Heralds sounded their horns, their sound blasting through the Hall. Nyllana, still cloaked and hooded, called everybodies attention. A soft glow seemed to hover around her and a small breeze picked up in the hall.

"Dear friends, rulers from all corners of the world. I must apologise for the strange phenomenon happening here. I can assure you though, that everything is safe and under control. However, the time is upon me to lay down the crown and pass it down to my son. I, Nyllana Earthguard, hereby renounce my station!"

Grïend walked the steps and knelt before the royals. In his hands, a cushion, upon which lies a pair of armguards made of adamantine, amber, diamonds, mithril and frilled with Tanhedhan feathers. A fine clockwork mechanism could be seen at the clasps. The guards themselves showed a warrior with an axe fighting of monsters and a cloud of darkness, the cloud made of the most ebon shintouite.

"Take my gift and blessing, my son. May Ashmar protect your realm and rule. May Balance forever prevail. May your Prowess always light your path. All Hail the new Emperor and Shïnguard!"

She turned to the audience.

"KANGEI ASHMAR!"

The Huroshans in the crowd raised their hands and goblets, cheering, screaming and chanting "KANGEI ASHMAR" in tandem, three times, as was usual.

Wayve fitted the armguards, the clockwork straps clicked around his arms. He raised his axe, still glowing, into the air.
    Once the cheering subsided, Nyllana spoke once again.

"However, Ashmar has blessed us with more tonight. The Balance has been restored! The Avatar of Ashmar, of Balance, walks this world once again!"

She took of her cloak, revealing her new form for all to see.

"Ashmar has tested me, and found me worthy to wield the Aspect's power and create balance for the Hurosha Empire. The title bestowed upon me....The Avatar of Balance (OOC: No, not Prowess, screw that). As such, I will continue to lead the Ashmar faith. If thy do not believe me, direct your gaze to the relic weapons of old. The ancient spirits that slept within have awakened, ready to serve, ready to preserve. May Ashmar shower his praise upon the Hurosha Empire for all eternity."

As she spoke, a thin mist spread across the ceiling and the earth rumbled in agreement, although no quake was felt. The torches flared and a small gust ruffled the tapestries.
    The newly awoken Avatar of Balance, Nyllana flew down the steps, slowly making her way towards the Sanctum of Ashmar, leaving behind a very very confused Wayve and an even more confused audience.

OOC: Some OOC knowledge. Being the Avatar of Balance, Nyllana now has a kind of magic called Aspect Magic. She can form any part of her body into an element or combination of elements, including lifeforms. Meaning she can transform her tail into pure fire, or give herself legs. She can change everything except her head. Also, she doesn't age anymore and is immortal (No reincarnation Avatar stuff). Also, under normal circumstances, she cannot be slain, but she will refrain from any fighting until absolutely necessairy.
    Furthermore, the relic weapon are also magical from now on and have one special ability, if they accept their rightfull wielder. This depends on the heritage of the wielder (Earthguard related) and on the combat Prowess of the wielder.

Spoiler: Weapon special abilities
    Show

Kuroyume: Nightmare's Illusion
    Aonami: Healing Touch
    Akaitaiyo: Warriors Rage
    Unnamed Epee: Blades of Wind
    Unnamed Kusari Gama+Towershield: Infinite Defense

1. Begin construction of a gigantic airship combining the following technologies: Zeppelin, Ocean faring ships, hovercrafts, aerial naval carrier, plate armor, Adamantine Forging, Mythril Forging, Steam Power, Clockwork, Insect Taming, Magnets, Printing Press (Because Prowess), Sewage (gotta have toilets). Make reservations in the design for Gunpowder tech. (Militairy, Great Project 1/5)

2. Continue Shintouite fortification of Zargrim (Militairy, Great Project 2/5)

3. Vassalize Calorum (Diplomacy)
    • Gift Calorum: Sewer Tech, Oracles Tech, Plate Armor Tech, Oceanfaring Tech.
    • Grant Calorum permission to convert a minority in every Hurosha region to the LoF reformation faith.
    • Grant Calorum permission to build one tradepost in Kasumor.

4. Goblins work together with dwarves and Cloudiz to begin develloping a way of forging metals that increases their durability, strenght and ability to hold an edge. The Guardians help by providing ancient knowledge that can give them an edge. The Tome of Metalurgy from Tekorva is used, in which the findings are also catagorised. Roll: 16 (Curiosity, Great Project 2/5 (Tome of Metalurgy))

5. Helping Tailong's project (Or start it myself) to develop a way to melt and use Orihalcum, using forging techniques from both Adamantine and Mithril in exchange for receiving the tech itself once it is done. (Curiosity, Great Project +1 (or 1/2))

6. Hosting Wayve's Coronation Event (Wayve takes over the rule at the end of the current round) (Diplomacy, Great Project 5/5, Faith 10)
    • Wayve is crowned Emperor of Hurosha. Nyllana ascends to be the Avatar of Balance. Relic weapons are activated and have become magical weapons.
    • Tropical Fruit from the Jewelled Cities to Zargrim for Tekorvan Brass
    • Verify trade with Heartwaste (Silk from Yorokuni for Squid from Shikurai)
    • Trade Shintouite tech vs Steam Tech with Guilder
    • Trade Furs from Zargrim for Bluefire from Tletica
    • Propose a trade of Lead from Gwristin or Kasumori Insects for Mithril from Razdis
    • Propose a trade of Sewer Tech for Abysium Tech with Lyradis
    • 1000 people die in Kasumor due to rampaging insects and floods
    • Support Calorum's claim/diplomatic efforts on Pryonia (+2)
    • Propose trade with Salterri Imperium with Trained Insects for Mithril
    • Breakdancing Menhîrin

Vassal actions:

Tekorva:
    1. Continue contruction of the Nightgate, now forming to be more like a spire, with a gigantic gate at the base. (Vassal, Great Project 4/5)

Spoiler: Rumours
    Show

• People from outside the Hurosha Empire see people use strange power they did not have before. When asked, no explanation can be given except that "Ashmar blesses us".
    • Nyllana is the incarnation of Ashmar
    • The Great Devastation is upon Telluris. Pieces of parchment bearing this message spread across the world. Nobody knows what their origin is.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-07-26 at 06:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Show

1.)Establish a trading post in Qarimos for Ships as agreed upon with Raaneka last round [Curiosity]
    2.)Aid in the construction of Amber Stadium in Grizzland (Great Project: 2/5) [Curiosity]
    3.)The Kobolds of K’Braashriix, in coming closer with the other provinces of the Triumvirate have begun to make available for trade their precious Wurmsxupp, or “Dragon Scales.” The wurmsxupp’ are a variety of not quite stone, not quite metal, and not quite mineral deposits in the shape of large scales, about the size of a human hand, found within the Tunnels of K’Braashriix. Kobold religion claims they are the scales of the G'sangfrau and G'fuhllos, the mother and father dragons of the Kobolds.
    The white, pearlescent wurmsxupp’ are said to be the scales of G'sangfrau and when held in one’s hand emit a harmonic song of much beauty and for their physical and audio beauty are much revered for their use in creation of musical instruments and prized despite being the most common type. The glossy black wurmsxupp’ are said to be the scales of G'fuhllos and while much rarer are not sought out by the Kobolds and rarely sold or traded. The black scales when held emit a piercing and horrendous scream and as such are often buried or kept hidden away that their noise and sacrilege not taint the Tunnels. For untold centuries the Scales have been used to create the variety of Kobold Instruments and with access to the Triumviral resources the Kobolds are now able to produce a surplus of instruments in a variety of styles and make them available for trade with the greater world. The scales themselves are also sold to curious foreigners who desire the raw material (Curiosity 5 Special) [Curiosity]
    4.)Complete the Triumviral School system in K’Braashriix (2/2) [Curiosity]
    5.)Aid the Shahidi Mkuu in organizing a Triumviral Law Codex for enforcement throughout the Triumvirate provinces. Read over the laws being formalized in Bordeux and the Imperium and receive input assistance if desired to help make the laws streamlined together where cultural overlap occurs. (Great Project: 2/5) [Curiosity]
    6.)Establish a trading post in the Jeweled Cities for Tropical Fruit as agreed to at Wayve's Coronation. Shipments are set to come through Emerald City and onto the capital in Aloren. [Curiosity]

Spoiler: Non Action Agreements
    Show

• An exchange of trading post permissions takes place at Wayve's coronation. The Triumvirate is granted right to a TP in the Jeweled Cities for Tropical Fruit in exchange for granting AQUA rights to a TP in Hrathan-Tuor for Fine Crafted Goods

Spoiler: Election News
    Show

Elections for Speaker of the Senate from the entirety of the Senate are held for their second time in history in late fall of 429. Aluic manages to maintain a large majority of supporters for his decisive role in establishing the wider election and for his feats abroad, securing himself a second term. Yet even as Speaker Shaeldtae's reelection shows a still unified Senate the cracks have begun to show as those favoring greater domestic concentration of resources and money are beginning to clash with those favoring a stronger international presence from the Triumvirate. Speaker Shaeldtae has shown an ability to keep the dividing Senators from splitting too far apart but with only two more terms possible to serve counting his most recent reelection many in the Senate are preparing for the day when Speaker Shaeldtae no longer presides as Speaker and the lines are drawn in the sand.

Spoiler: The Guilds
    Show

The Guild System of Hrathan-Tuor, long a staple in the region, has in the past decades expanded across the entirety of the Triumvirate. Any and all major businesses and operations controlling various resources belong to one guild or another and the Guild system as a whole. Wholesalers and merchants, the ones that last, are Guild approved and attempting to make a living as a Triumvirate merchant without Guild connections and approval, or failing to pay tribute to the Guild has turned into a dangerous prospect as the recent deaths of merchants rumored to have been unable to pay the Guild in Hrathan-Tuor indicate. The Guild System itself is unofficially run by the Oldest Guild, perhaps better known if not better referred to as, the Assassin's Guild.

All the Guilds, from the Silk Guild of Nyroth, to the Quarry Guild in Grizzland pay their regular taxes to the Triumvirate Government and on top of that pay tribute to the Oldest Guild which in turn provides protection and keeps non-approved competitors away allowing the Guildmasters to corroborate and decide prices and maximize profits. The Oldest Guild has also integrated itself within the Triumvirate Government, becoming an ally and friend to various officials throughout the provinces and some even say the Triad Council itself. Many Senators come from Guild families and many of these Senators have been appointed to aid and oversee the laws being worked on to establish order and justice in the Triumvirate. This close relationship between the Guildmasters and notably the Oldest Guild Guildmaster between government and Guilds has led to an increasing blind eye turned towards Guild activities that might be seen as less than savory as long as the general population remains safe and the pressure remains on foreign traders seeking to set up permanent residences the Triumvirate Government seems mostly keen to allow the Guilds to run their businesses and organization as they see fit.

With the increasing foreign presence and high economic activity in Emerald City a greater and greater majority of Guild activity has been noted in the booming city. It is said by some the Guild, already risking renewed conflict with the Bereginian Mercenaries, is also finding itself beginning to rub wrong against the 'traders' and associates of the new Governor. Those in the know wonder whether the conflict between the roguish factions will boil into actual fighting or be resolved diplomatically.

Spoiler: Triumvirate Appointments of Note
    Show

Pierre Mason, aide decamp to John LaFitte of AQUA is named Governor of Emerald City by Chancellor Dyamusan Ignato in 426.

Jonas Grant, long time confidant of the Shahidi Mkuu is named Wakuu (Governor) of Miji Mkuu
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-07-16 at 11:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Discordia, 429
    Show
    Discordia was a place that hid its merits well. Dagr knew that almost as many people lived here as in the whole of Hrathan-Tuor, according to the census at least, but most of the population was confined to valleys and riverbanks, leaving vast tracts of wilderness effectively unclaimed. If anyone wished to disappear, Discordia would be an ideal place to attempt it; it would take years to track them down, if it were managed at all.

Which was, of course, exactly what had happened, and why he was here. Even once you knew who you were looking for, and roughly where they might be found, finding the place itself was a nightmare, especially if the target was shrewd enough to keep moving.

She was waiting for him outside the village, as he expected she would be. He waved his men back, dismounted and carried on alone. The terrain was rockier than he would like, with plenty of opportunities for ambush, but if what he'd heard about her was true, he need not worry about that.

Dagr hadn't been sure what he had expected Sweet to look like, but found her entirely unremarkable now he finally could see her. She could almost have passed for any other moderately wealthy Salterri villager, like the two servants standing by as her escort. That, he supposed, was the point.

I am honoured,” she called as he approached. “The Earl of Scowen himself, all the way from Vennland. I do hope all that rich living hasn't made you soft, my lord.

I don't feel the need to sharpen my blades in harmless princesses.

She scowled. “Amateurs. It was a simple plan, but somehow they managed to screw it up.

You've forgotten more of your Guild training than you thought. You were in charge of the snatch, so it's your responsibility.

Ignored, not forgotten. The Guild always had too many rules, guidelines, procedures. Killing is the simplest thing in the world, Dagr. It's only a problem when you add in complications of your own, like tedious sets of rules, or trying to take the target alive. Please. Is that why you're here, to take me alive?

No,” he admitted. “We know everything we need to. This is just tidying up a loose end.

A professional courtesy?

You're not a professional, just a murderer for hire.

“Well then,” she said, drawing her sword. Dagr drew his own. “Let's see how the murderer-for-hire fares against the vaunted assassin lord, shall we?”

Both her servants stepped forward and plunged a blade into her back. Before she could turn to confront them, they stepped back out of reach, avoiding the wild swing of her sword. Dagr returned his own to its scabbard.

She spun back to face him, eyes wide, and tripped, stumbling in the dust. “What have you done?!

Basilisk venom,” he said in a flat tone, kicking her sword out of her hand. “I shouldn't have to explain the effects to you.

She tried to laugh, but it came out as little more than a bloody, bubbly froth from her mouth. “Too scared to face me yourself?

He sighed. “That's what you never understood, Sweet. It's about making sure the job gets done. It doesn't matter how.

The light left her eyes. He tossed a small purse to each of her servants – his servants, rather.

Good work, lads.

News and Rumours
    • Princess Seirwynn has been recovered at last! She is safe, but traumatised after nearly nine years in captivity.
    • The Earl of Isling has been executed for treason relating to the kidnapping and murder.
    • Lord Carran has been exiled for collusion with the Earl of Isling. His life was spared after a plea for mercy from Seirwynn.
    • Martin Grant-Tremblor and Earl Dagr of Scowen have been handsomely rewarded for their parts in the recovery of the princess.
    • The half-islander privateer captain Jogay Morris has reportedly freed an entire shipload of slaves from Tzalteclan.
    • Rumours of the close relationship between Princess Anguryn and her cousin Amber Adite have reached Jarrland. It has become a popular subject among the lower class of pamphleteer.
    • Three sons have been born to Alfmark the atheling and Lady Melhib.

Show

1. [Diplomacy 10 Special] Form a Great Kingdom from Jarrland, Vennland, Farridon and Tempestia.
    • The Greater Kingdom is to be henceforth known as the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea
    • Existing titles shall remain valid, however all new creations will fall under the peerage of the new Kingdom

2. [Military] Raise 1,000 infantry in Farridon
    3. [Military] Raise 1,000 infantry in Tempestia
    4. [Curiosity] Assist with Palas Caercia's Berunda conversion project to Perytons 2/2
    5. [Curiosity] Explore south of Region 124 - 13 (+1 Printing Press)

Boni: +1 Military, +1 Curiosity
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-07-18 at 06:10 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

28. - Top - End - #538

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

1.)Colonize Region 132 for sales purposes [Diplomacy] TN: 16 (+12 on roll 9 Dip, +1 Printing, +2 Heartwine) 17 Success, beat by Bordeux
    2.)Stabilize Wyrmar under its new Government in Palas Caercia (Diplomacy 5) [Diplomacy]
    3.)Build a Trading Post for Rice in Nia Hai Nian [Curiosity]
    4.)Build a Trading Post for Leviathans in Nia Hai Nian [Curiosity]
    5.)Work on converting Berunda tech to Peryton usage (1/2) [Curiosity] (Receiving aid from the Carmine Kingdom this round)

Non-Actions
    Cancel Trade of Palas Caercia Flax for Beer from Bracia

Spoiler: Changing Rulers
    Show

In the year 430, at 62 years of age, Lord Protector Markus Caercia dies from health complications. His son and heir, Cassius the Younger steps up to take his father's place in leading the nation as its new Lord Protector. Cassius the Younger sends his eleven year old son, Markus the Younger, to live with Cass's brother, Protector of Wyrmar, Gaius and their children, wishing for his child to learn of all the regions held by Palas Caercia through experience.

Cassius the Younger's Starting stats
    Diplomacy:[6]
    Military:[3]
    Curiosity:[3]
    Faith:[2]
    Luck:[1]
    Last edited by DurkBlanston; 2014-07-18 at 11:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539

ACTIONS

1-2) [Military] Raise an army of 2000, to be a little less easily squashed.

3-4) [Curiosity] Study the handling and steering of sky whales, perhaps leading to airship technology.

5) [Diplomacy] Trade Live Skywhales for Magnetite Iron with SamBurke.

6-10) [Diplomacy Great Project] Develop a massive ramp and meeting plaza in the Capitol Sirinol in an effort to welcome nearby nations and become a center of political and social activity.

The Sanglea Debut Collection:

Spoiler: 1 - Arrivals
    Show
    It was an important day for Sanglea when during the years annual, week-long flooding; a foreign ship docked the ports of the stilt-city Siranol. The sounds of the not usually so busy North-Western Port were engulfed by the grunts and orders of the strangers as they carried off seemingly heavy cargo, as well as the shouts and advertisements of nearby merchants, attempting to make use of the crowd the unusual arrivals were drawing in. Even the often inactive Pillar Lift was getting some attention, as a fair portion of the Risen population temporarily withheld their personal opinions of the lowlife Grounded to descend from Upper Siranol, an elaborate connection of structures and supports built onto the sides of the seemingly infinitely tall Pillar.

As a crowd formed, Grounded and Risen alike were visibly shocked by their visitors, some hadn't believed that intelligence could manifest so far from the Pillars, especially in such a hodgepodge assortment of races. Others were simply impressed by the stature of some of these beings, easily reaching the status of a Risen yet faring from lands unknown. However, before whispers and rumors ran rampant among the crowds of Grounded on who these potential invaders were, a man (or what could only be assumed to be a man) addressed the public.

“The lands of Guilder would like to trade,” was the thickly accented request.

The effect was instantaneous. The shouts died to a murmur, until all that was left was the lapping of waves on mossy, wooden supports.

Suddenly, a reply, “We’ll discuss details, come along.”

The crowd turned to find King Rancks, merely a boy of sixteen, had arrived with an elaborately garbed convoy and potentially had been waiting for some time at the back of the gathering. A smile spread across the man-things face, and soon he and a small band of sailors passed through the quickly splitting crowd.

Spoiler: 2 - Private Talk
    Show
    “Disregarding their height, these fellows have complete disregard to the underlying principles of Rism! You can’t expect the Risen community, or at least any real Risen, to go along with this sullying of our pure heritage. These animals don’t even live on stilts for god’s sake.”

“Please Arnold, don’t be like this. Some interaction with a potential world of people will be good for all citizens of Sanglea, Risen and Grounded.”

“Grounded? Grounded?! You can’t be serious Rancks – er, Your Majesty. It’s their fault they’re down there, why should we even care about those good-for-nothing fools. At least half of Grounded populations are simply the spawn of unworthy Risen. That’s why they’re down there. That’s why their Grounded. That’sokay-I-stopped-please-don’t-be-mad.”

“Arnold, this is not negotiable, this deal largely supports the Risen community anyways. We have no need for skywhales, as far as I can tell, and these Guilder people have already left us a hefty supply of metal, apparently not even all they’re willing to trade. You know we need metal Arnold, and if we play our cards right, we can prove to the world that Sanglea is worth looking at, and perhaps even get better insight on what the Pillars are.”

“Yes, of course, Your Highness.

“We’ll send off a ship as soon as possible, we don’t want to miss this convenient opportunity that the flooding has provided.”

“Yes, of course, Your Highness.”

Spoiler: 3 - Pipe Dream
    Show
    Travel Log – Guilder Trade #1? – Day 4

Curious thing happened last night. Some of our swabbees say they saw it happen first-hand, but it’s hard to believe young ‘uns who are too eager to get themselves promoted.

Apparently, our boat was jumping.

I, for one, felt it, but my lazy legs would rather get back to sleep than deal with whatever big storm we were dealing with. No captain orders either, so I didn’t do nothing. Was a big surprise to hear about this morning, can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed.

According to Lil’ Rigosh, trustworthy runt, the waves were big, and we were flung up. This weather was normally a death sentence, but instead of falling like we would normally do we just sort of floated down. Sounds real silly to my ears, but Rigosh thinks the cargo saved us. Who would’ve thought? Thinking about it now though, if our boat weren’t so heavy, maybe we wouldn’t have come down? I’ve been thinking of trading in my position here and becoming the captain of my own crew. Wouldn’t it be great if I were the first sky-captain? Ha, pipe dream I guess.

Starky still needs to work on his cooking, and Ratchet is still a pig. We should be reaching Guilder any day now, can’t wait to see what kind of upside-down place I’m gonna see.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

AQUA Round 20 (426-430) actions:
    Previous round increase: +1, Faith, +1 curiosity

Events and Rumors:
    Hawkeye Grumby is named as Captain Administrator of Emerald City. It is rumored this was done to remove the deformed Quill from Opus’ sight.
    Pierre Mason is named the Triumvarite Governor for the Emerald City Region. This puts him in direct oversight of Hawkeye, at least officially.The rumor is that competing pirate gangs are undermining the peace of the city.
    In 428, Verdo Collino decides to retire from the Senior Council and return to Guilder. In a hotly contested election, Tumberink Grumby wins the seat. The rumor is that mysterious extra shipments of Raanekan Heartwine (bearing the symbol of the Adite family) helped convince people to vote for him.
    Tumberink Grumby and Huang Pei Mei have Phillip in 427, and twins Dominique and Emmanuel in 430.
    The rumor is that Princess Fern of Celero is searching for former lovers of her husband. Some say she wants to kill off any children who may be a threat to hers. Others say she is embracing them, finding decent jobs for the child and mother within the Jeweled Cities and Tar. That way, they are taken care of, but out of the way.

ACTIONS
    Action #1 (diplomacy)The AQUA council hosts First Annual Jeweled Cities Regatta and Naval Combat Exercises in the year 430
    ---> Accept help from the Heartwaste with rebuilding the captial city of Pearl.
    Action #2 {diplomacy) Attend the coronation of the Hurosha Emperor.
    ---> Agree to open trading post in Hrathan-tuor for “fine crafted goods”
    ---> Agree to allow triumvarite to open trading post in Jeweled Cities for Fruit, end point will be Aloren
    ---> Agree to ship Fruit to Zagrim for brass from Tekorva with Hurosha Empir

Action #3 (Curiosity) With the massive influx of population, begin Pearl City rebuilding project (great project 1/5). In order to facilitate this, make the following internal trade adjustments:
    Architects from Tar to Jeweled Cities
    Iron from Tar to Jeweled Cities
    Control of Penoccident trading post Goats to Tar
    Silk from Estglaz to Tar
    Ship gems from AQUA to Tar
    . (Curiosity) Colonize región 132 fail Damn, those bird folk just want to be left alone! This action was rolled for before Murph posted the new round opener. Since J.C. got +20,000 I needed to change my plans
    Action #4
    (faith) establish a minority of Children of Kina in Propinlonge, with consent of Celero Roll was 10
    Action #5 (faith) establish a minority of Children of Kina in Celero, with consent of Celero Roll was 10
    Expected Increase this round; +1 faith, +1diplomacy

Spoiler: UPDATED TRADES & TRADING POSTS INFORMAITON
    Show

Tar-Exports
    Meat & Hides (3/3): Sympol <r11>; Jeweled Cities <r15>; Aloren <r17>
    Tar (3/3): Nyroth <r13>; Bordeaux <r14>; Jeweled Cities <r15>
    Wood (2/3): Razdis <r10>; Niskovia <R14>
    Tar-Imports
    IMPORT NECESITY- Precious metals/gems:
    Technology / military critical Imports: Kelp-Olive Oil <Jeweled Cities r15>; King Birds/Griffins <Solus r14>,
    Other: Architects <Woodwind, r17>; Fruit <Jeweled Cities r15>; Iron <Razdis r10>; Star Metal <Niskovia r14>; Vegetables <Sympolemou r14>;
    Cancelled imports: Dyes <Jarrland r11, lost r14>
    Tar-Trading Posts
    EXPORTPermission for Salterri Imperium for Tar <unbuilt>

Jeweled Cities-Exports
    Fruit (4/6): Scla’ca <r5>; Ignato Empire <r8>; Salterie <r11>; Tar <r15>; Raaneka <r17>;
    Kelp-Olive Oil (3/6): Kasumor <r11>; Glazfell <r12>; Tar <r15>
    Gems <amber, turquoise, Opal, Pearl> (1/3): Quarimos <R17>
    Cancelled: Kelp-olive oil: Alydaxis <r5 cancelled r15>; Raaneka <r10, cancelled r15>
    Cancelled: Gemstones: Raaneka <r10, cancelled r15>
    Cancelled: Fruit: Wenyavuk <r11, cancelled r13>

Jeweled Cities-Imports
    IMPORT NECESITY- Iron:
    Technology / military critical Imports: Tar <Tar>; Quartz <Gwrîstîn>
    Other: Elephants <Qarimos r17>; Inventors <Guilder r14>; Lumber [size=1][i]<Scla’ca <r5>; Meat <Tar r15>; Sandstone <Raaneka r10, lost r15 regained r17>; Salt [size=1][i]<Salterie <r11>; Silk <Estglaz r12>
    [SIZE=1]Cancelled imports: Heartwine <Raaneka r10, lost r15>; Lumber [size=1][i]<Bordeaux <r5, lost r8>; Mammoths <Wenyavuk r8, lost r13>; Ordinarium [i]<Alydaxis <r5, lost r15>; Silk <Nyroth r8, cancelled r17>
    Jeweled Cities-Trading Posts
    EXPORT 1/2Permission for Salterri Imperium st for Kelp Olive-Oil<unbuilt>
    IMPORT - in Nyroth for silk; in Pennocident for goats; in Raaneka for Heartwine

Spoiler: UPDATED TECHNOLOGY INFORMAITON
    Show

TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE SOURCE
    Aerial Naval carriers timber Tar and Native trees
    Berunda riding Berundas needed
    Black Powder Sulfur, nitrates, charcoal need sulfur, sea of glass, tar trees
    Griffon / Pegasi Riding Kingbirds Celero
    Ocean faring ships Timber tar and native trees
    Pitch Tar and Oil tar from Tar, oil from J.C.
    Plate Armor metal Razdis Iron & Niskovian Star Metal
    Printing Press paper needed
    Raaneki diplomacy Heartwine trading post in Raaneka]
    Magnetic Technology Magnetite needed

Spoiler: AQUA measurement system
    Show

UNIT MEASURE CONVERSION ENGLISH METRIC
    Link Distance Base 3 inches 7.6 cm
    Chain Distance 200 link 50 feet 15.24 m
    Sound Distance 10 chain 500 feet 152.4 m
    Candle Distance 20 sound 10,000 feet 3.05 Km
    Link Weight Base 0.5 lb 0.23 Kg
    Chain Weight 200 link 100 lb 45.4 Kg
    Crate Weight 27 chain 2700 lb 1224.7 Kg.
    Box Volume Base 1 cu ft.
    7.48 gallon
    0.03 m3
    28.32 L
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-12-03 at 01:26 PM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah