New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Also Infirmary]

Thankfully she's not dangerously full, just incredibly uncomfortably so. "No, just really full. And, well, I feel kida of weird. I'm not sure how to describe it, though." She frowns a little. She's no less closer to identifying the feeling now than she was earlier.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Missy laughs. "I grew up in this world. I'm used to it."

"We've grown accustomed to it," Brand says. "But I wouldn't want my family living in the city. It's much calmer out here."

When he sees Lume walk in, he approaches the newcomer. "Welcome to GLoG. Do you need help?"
    Main Cabin

"Oh, this place is still miles better than where I'm from. All danger, no wonder. Here at least it's 'fun,' for a certain definition," Justin says, smiling with her.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"Oh, this place is still miles better than where I'm from. All danger, no wonder. Here at least it's 'fun,' for a certain definition," Justin says, smiling with her.
    "I think most worlds are more violent than this one, but there are a few that are worse. My boyf- Jefferies' father comes from such a place. Nothing but war. This is a peaceful paradise compared to what he knew before." Missy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

"That's good, though. We need more citizens than soldiers,"
    Missy says with a smile.

"Wanna see my toys?" Tito offers, and he takes Jefferies to the toy corner near the fireplace, where the two children are soon playing contentedly. The fact that Jefferies has worn herself out at the lake means she's a lot calmer and a better companion for the placid halfling boy than she would normally be.
    *scurry scurry*

Brinika scurries over warily to Tito and Jefferies. She's curious about the new child in the campsite, but she looks like an orc, except green instead of brown. And orcs are scary.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-04 at 08:17 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #455

Main Cabin
    "I think most worlds are more violent than this one, but there are a few that are worse. My boyf- Jefferies' father comes from such a place. Nothing but war. This is a peaceful paradise compared to what he knew before." Missy says.
    Main Cabin

"Exactly," Justin agreed. Though comparing Warhammer(I think?) and Fallout is a bit folly, he wouldn't know that. "I have a question. What's it like growing up in a place where magic is real?"

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    *scurry scurry*

Brinika scurries over warily to Tito and Jefferies. She's curious about the new child in the campsite, but she looks like an orc, except green instead of brown. And orcs are scary.
    The children look up from where they are running little wooden cars across the floor. "Hi, I'm Jefferies," the orc girl says. "I neber seed a goblin as little as you before."

"Jefferies, this is Brinika. She stays here sometimes with her aunt."

"What's a aunt?"

Main Cabin

"Exactly," Justin agreed. Though comparing Warhammer(I think?) and Fallout is a bit folly, he wouldn't know that. "I have a question. What's it like growing up in a place where magic is real?"
    WH40K, I think. "I... I'm not sure how to answer that. It was just always there. We all sort of wished growing up that we would turn out to have magical abilities, but of course most people don't. But it's always there, something to be accounted for. At Remnant, we mostly consider magic something to defend ourselves against rather than a weapon to wield." Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Main Cabin

The children look up from where they are running little wooden cars across the floor. "Hi, I'm Jefferies," the orc girl says. "I neber seed a goblin as little as you before."

"Jefferies, this is Brinika. She stays here sometimes with her aunt."

"What's a aunt?"
    "Hi!" Brinika gives the orc and the halfling a wave. "Um, an aunt means that she's my mom's sister. And haven't you met any goblin children before?"
    Alright, so she's not throwing her yet. That's good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

Quinn pokes the deadtimed Tobias, then shakes her head at Alysha. "Don't worry - it's what I do," she declares.

Jamie, meanwhile, walks over to Yuki. "Hi. I'm Jamie - Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. What's your name?" she introduces herself, and asks.
    "I'm Yuki, though that is really just a name Alysha helped me pick out. It's a pleasure to meet you Jamie."

Yuki smiles brightly at the young girl.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #459

WH40K, I think. "I... I'm not sure how to answer that. It was just always there. We all sort of wished growing up that we would turn out to have magical abilities, but of course most people don't. But it's always there, something to be accounted for. At Remnant, we mostly consider magic something to defend ourselves against rather than a weapon to wield." Missy says.
    Main Cabin

((Figured. I tend to lump them together.))
    "Should have expected an answer like that," he says with a small embarrassed laugh. "Like going up to a dwarf or an elf and asking, 'What's it like being non fictional?' You did explain a little about magic though, so thank you."

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

When he sees Lume walk in, he approaches the newcomer. "Welcome to GLoG. Do you need help?"
    "Indeed," Lume replies, I could use some assistance. I was told I could come here to atone for my past deeds, but I have no idea how to go about beginning to do so."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Hi!" Brinika gives the orc and the halfling a wave. "Um, an aunt means that she's my mom's sister. And haven't you met any goblin children before?"
    Alright, so she's not throwing her yet. That's good.
    "I dun hab a mommy." Jefferies says, and looks over at Missy. But then back at her toys. "Der is goblins at Remnants, but dey is grownups."

Main Cabin

((Figured. I tend to lump them together.))
    "Should have expected an answer like that," he says with a small embarrassed laugh. "Like going up to a dwarf or an elf and asking, 'What's it like being non fictional?' You did explain a little about magic though, so thank you."
    "Generally when we face magic, it's destructive. If more people used healing and building magic, the world would be a better place," Missy says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    "Indeed," Lume replies, I could use some assistance. I was told I could come here to atone for my past deeds, but I have no idea how to go about beginning to do so."
    "My name is Brand Applehill, and I'm one of the council members here. I'll do my best to help you. First, could you fill out this form, just for recordkeeping purposes." Brand is referring to the membership form in the first post of this thread. Also, I can't remember if I said, but he's a middle aged halfling male. Lume can probably guess that the halfling boy playing with the other kids is his son.

Can I get a description of Lume, please?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika's ears droop. She doesn't have a mommy? That's really sad. But she decides not to pry into the subject. She's a blabbermouth, but not that much of a one.
    "Remnant? One of my aunt Reelshka's friends is working there. He's a big goblin named Grimzig. Are you going to live here?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-04 at 01:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463

[Infirmary > Main Cabin]

Toby frowns; there was nothing interesting here. At least, nothing interesting enough to make it worth pissing everybody off by pushing the issue. How can they be so content as to accept a woman growing wings without wondering how or why? Boring! No, in a way, they are worse than boring. Just standing near them felt like he was being stifled. Tobias had learned to hate this feeling since he was very young. Without another word, he leaves the Infirmary and heads to the Main Cabin, looking for something to drink.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

14. - Top - End - #464

Lume is an 8-foot tall being of pure, opalescent light, although he would describe himself as a raw, naked soul. He fills out the form, but about halfway through he pauses and speaks. "There is insufficient room on this paper," he says, somehow giving the impression of a frown without having a face to frown with. "The full list of my crimes could not possibly fit here. Do you happen to have a blank book or two?"
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-09-04 at 02:12 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki would love to know where her wings came from, or really anything about herself. Before Quinn told her she could regrow the wings she didn't know she was missing them. As to where they came from this time Quinn made them grow back.

She watches Toby stalk off silently wondering if she did something to upset him. Maybe he didn't like Angels and that is why he had to leave. She wishes he had been able to stick around and help her figure out what she was, but she doesn't say anything. Everyone here has been so nice already she feels bad asking for anything.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Lume is an 8-foot tall being of pure, opalescent light, although he would describe himself as a raw, naked soul. He fills out the form, but about halfway through he pauses and speaks. "There is insufficient room on this paper," he says, somehow giving the impression of a frown without having a face to frown with. "The full list of my crimes could not possibly fit here. Do you happen to have a blank book or two?"
    "You can leave that part blank for now, and we'll go over it verbally," Brand says gently.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Infirmary > Main Cabin]

Toby frowns; there was nothing interesting here. At least, nothing interesting enough to make it worth pissing everybody off by pushing the issue. How can they be so content as to accept a woman growing wings without wondering how or why? Boring! No, in a way, they are worse than boring. Just standing near them felt like he was being stifled. Tobias had learned to hate this feeling since he was very young. Without another word, he leaves the Infirmary and heads to the Main Cabin, looking for something to drink.
    Toby will see Brand speaking to an 8 foot being of light as above, Missy Halifax speaking to Justin Mine, and the three children Tito, Brinika, and Jefferies playing in the corner.

[Main Cabin]

Brinika's ears droop. She doesn't have a mommy? That's really sad. But she decides not to pry into the subject. She's a blabbermouth, but not that much of a one.
    "Remnant? One of my aunt Reelshka's friends is working there. He's a big goblin named Grimzig. Are you going to live here?"

"I meeted Grimzig before!"
    Jefferies says. "I not want to live here. I live at Remnant with Daddy. But Missy said I could come here and learn how to swim!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Oooh. Your daddy is a Remnant soldier?" Brinika asks excitedly. She's not sure how one can have a dad but no mom, but maybe it'll clear up later.

18. - Top - End - #468

[Main Cabin]

Children. More damn children. Toby gets a glass of water and washes down another handful of pills. He looks around, trying to find something to occupy his boredom. The halfling father is talking to some shining spirit thing he doesn't recognize. Two more people he hasn't met. One of them stands with the recognizable posture of a soldier. She could be trouble. Unless Missy doesn't look at all like a soldier, in which case ignore those last two sentences. Wait, did the little goblin girl just mention Remnant?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Oooh. Your daddy is a Remnant soldier?" Brinika asks excitedly. She's not sure how one can have a dad but no mom, but maybe it'll clear up later.
    "Mhm. Daddy is a soldier, and I is gonna be a soldier too when I get big!" Jefferies says.

"My daddy is a cook, and I want to be a cook too," Tito says in his normal reserved tone, but with a bit of a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Children. More damn children. Toby gets a glass of water and washes down another handful of pills. He looks around, trying to find something to occupy his boredom. The halfling father is talking to some shining spirit thing he doesn't recognize. Two more people he hasn't met. One of them stands with the recognizable posture of a soldier. She could be trouble. Unless Missy doesn't look at all like a soldier, in which case ignore those last two sentences. Wait, did the little goblin girl just mention Remnant?
    Missy definitely is standing with a soldier's posture. After ten years in service, she can't really avoid it, unless she lets her cybernetics govern her posture, which she isn't doing right now. She's in civvies, but Toby will probably notice the bulge of her hold-out pistol at her waist, covered by a loose top.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"My dad is a postman, but I'd like to be a singer when I grow up," Brinika says, a little put off by the discrepancy between her and other kids' plans.

21. - Top - End - #471

Main Cabin

"Generally when we face magic, it's destructive. If more people used healing and building magic, the world would be a better place," Missy says.
    Main Cabin

"That right there is my main problem with magic," Justin says. Missy hit the nail on the head. "It's either just another gun or some prank nonsense."

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"Um, no. Dryads are 'Lesser' Fey; 'Greater' Fey are beings of almost pure magic with no set form, so it's not an insult. Dryads are typically stronger in Glamour than Brownies, so we're even 'lesser' than you are. Spirits are disembodied magical representations of either a creature, plant, location or concept. Unlike Greater Fey, which hail from an alternate dimension, Spirits are native to this world and are usually tied to a territory within it, or a pride or herd of animals, or something like that." But there are similarities; namely, Druids whose magic is so intrinsically linked to forests they can't do anything outside one often worship and protect Dryads within their woods, whilst Spirits are worshipped by pretty much everyone and everything, with exceptions like Mountain Dwarfs who revere their ancestors (some of whom somehow become spirits) and City Elves, whom revere Angels.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #473

"You can leave that part blank for now, and we'll go over it verbally," Brand says gently.
    "Very well. Perhaps, however, we should move to another room to do so," he says, glancing at the children. "My tale is not one for young ears."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Elm Cabin]

Reinholdt returns to GLoG. He doesn't go to one of his usual spots though, heading instead to his cabin and leaning against the outside, looking up instead of his typical down. Searching the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin - Bedroom

When Kate comes back changed into her normal clothes, she'll find Julie passed out naked on top of her sheets. Not the most elegant position she's ever been caught in, but the succubus doesn't seem to care what she looks like, sprawled out as she is. Probably because she doesn't look like herself anymore.
    Nrgh! Kate will shield her eyes. A good thing that she set it up to be broken easily, or she might have to actually look at Julie while doing it. A single flick of pixie dust is enough, and it's less like the effect is dispelled and more like the effect just forgets to exist. It might be jarring... if Julie was awake for it. As soon as that is done, Kate goes back out, shifts to her new normal form, (that's an odd thought) and sits on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

"Scylla is at least as intelligent as her sister, if not more so," Eric says, "She's already figured out how to learn just by using her powers. if she doesn't know something, she wills herself to know it. I caught her using 'Egregious' in a sentence just a couple days ago. Would be really weird, if she wasn't the sort of toddler that had access to every word she wanted to describe something with" He chuckles, "She's also a handful. A few days a go when I came home from work, she rocketed out of her room and latched onto my head with her tentacles. Let me tell you, she's got a surprising amount of muscle in those things."
    "Hmm, I bet. It's sure to be interesting as the two of them grow up."

Copi then looks toward the door, using her psychic sense for a moment. "Hmm. One of them is in the bedroom, very still. Below usual head level... maybe asleep? The other is in the living room, sitting, I think."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Main Cabin

"That right there is my main problem with magic," Justin says. Missy hit the nail on the head. "It's either just another gun or some prank nonsense."
    "Or some sort of massive apocalyptic doom," Missy says. "Those are the worst."

[Main Cabin]

"My dad is a postman, but I'd like to be a singer when I grow up," Brinika says, a little put off by the discrepancy between her and other kids' plans.
    "Brinika is a good singer," Tito says.

Jefferies thinks about it a moment. "I dun know how to sing."

Main Cabin >> Side Room

"Very well. Perhaps, however, we should move to another room to do so," he says, glancing at the children. "My tale is not one for young ears."
    Brand gives a glance to the kids to make sure everyone's okay, then leads Lume to a side room where they can talk.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #477

Side Room
    Lume follows Brand, and begins to tell his story. I was once a Raytoran. We were much like your race, or the humans, but we were larger than humans, and full of magic. Long before my birth, a great war began with the creatures known as the 10. Each time they were killed, they would be reborn more hideous, cruel, and intelligent, like a twisted, vile phoenix, but they could only do this 10 times. Shortly after I was born, however, one of the 10 was killed for the tenth time, and still regenerated. His name was T'Lorran, the most brilliantly evil of all the 10, and he figured out a way to strip body from soul, and bind those souls to his will. Soon, all of the Raytorans were converted in this way, including me." Lume then begins to describe all of the atrocities he committed as one of T'Lorran's elite police/soldiers, including various hideous tortures and murders. After some time, he stops. "I would not wish to burden you with more," he says, shaking his head, "but know that there is far more and worse. There is just one more thing I have done that you should know. In the wars against humans, some of our non-Illuminator troops were wounded. We were forced to heal them by tearing apart the souls of prisoners of war, and using them as bandage and balm." With that, Lume sinks down into a chair, apparently exhausted (the light coming from him is greatly dimmed).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

28. - Top - End - #478

Main Cabin

Justin actually gives that a laugh. "Aww man, they have those too? Flippin' magic," he says jokingly. "I'd honestly give magic a try if I could wrap my head around it. But why would anyone make apocalypse spells? Who does that?"

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika beams.

"Thanks, Tito! And singing is really, really fun. Do you want to learn?" Brinika asks. Seems talking about singing has overcome her nervousness in face of an orc.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Thankfully she's not dangerously full, just incredibly uncomfortably so. "No, just really full. And, well, I feel kida of weird. I'm not sure how to describe it, though." She frowns a little. She's no less closer to identifying the feeling now than she was earlier.
    "Well, then, we can hold off on the pumping, but I think a more thorough examination is needed to find out why you feel weird," Quinn says.

[ALSO Infirmary!]

Quinn frowns, excuses herself, and turns to go try and find broody!Toby.

Jamie frowns at her father as well as he leaves! Then looks back to Yuki. "Don't mind my dad. He gets that way. It's good to meet you too!" the redheaded Magical Girl says.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items