New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Well, there goes my want to watch that movie.

I really wish I wasn't trying to do a Let's Watch right now, because I want to watch something animated. I can't decide if I'd rather see Akira or WALL.E, though.
    The correct answer is both.

2. - Top - End - #1052

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Depends on if you wanna Come Out And Play or if you wanna feel good.
    Maybe it's a very human-centric point of view, but I always think Wall-E actually has a bit of a downer ending? Yes, the cute robots are back together, but all those people from the ship are *doomed*, considering they think you can plant hamburgers...

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Well good Teddy! *hugs* Congratulations, it sounds like a break is deserved. Big projects, yeah, stressful. A break is good after that. Anything you gotta do really important?
    Nah. I've got a few party preparation meetings(/workshops) I want to attend to, but those have a set schedule, so I already have something to motivate me to start doing it at a specific time rather than procrastinating it. I also need to talk to a few friends I haven't spoken to in a while and hear how they're doing, and finish composing my letter to Kneen so I can write it out in handwriting and mail it to him...

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Maybe it's a very human-centric point of view, but I always think Wall-E actually has a bit of a downer ending? Yes, the cute robots are back together, but all those people from the ship are *doomed*, considering they think you can plant hamburgers...
    That, and also considering the fact that they consider a single sprouting plant to be a sign that the Earth is inhabitable once more. If they're anywhere near smart, they'll hopefully stay with the ship for another few generations until they've (re)learned a thing or two, and more of the toxins have had a chance to leach out of the surface soil...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Well, there goes my want to watch that movie.

I really wish I wasn't trying to do a Let's Watch right now, because I want to watch something animated. I can't decide if I'd rather see Akira or WALL.E, though.
    WALL•E. Akira is overrated.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

But didn't Wall-E show them rebuilding Earth and getting along just fine? I mean, I understand if they didn't add that part, but they did.

...And I'm not entirely certain whether Akira was overrated. I have a feeling it might be one of those spare few anime where it was only good because of the dub.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    At the same time.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    At the same time.
    Well no not at the same time if you did that you've start wondering why Wall-E is riding a motorcycle and why Eve's being chased by a giant blob of meat.

8. - Top - End - #1058

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    But didn't Wall-E show them rebuilding Earth and getting along just fine?
    They obviously cut that part out of the television version I watched, then, because I don't remember that at all.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    They obviously cut that part out of the television version I watched, then, because I don't remember that at all.
    It played beside the credits, in a variety of animation styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    It played beside the credits, in a variety of animation styles.
    And it was amazing.

Anyway, I've got to type up my reactions to Card Captor Sakura before tomorrow comes and I'm too tired to do anything. Then I can think about robot love vs psycho psychics.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

11. - Top - End - #1061

And it was amazing.

Anyway, I've got to type up my reactions to Card Captor Sakura before tomorrow comes and I'm too tired to do anything. Then I can think about robot love vs psycho psychics.
    That reminds me, hope you're having fun with that

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've actually never seen either of them. Can anyone give me a small intro so I know if I may be interested? I only saw a few commercials for Wall-E and that was quite a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Nah. I've got a few party preparation meetings(/workshops) I want to attend to, but those have a set schedule, so I already have something to motivate me to start doing it at a specific time rather than procrastinating it. I also need to talk to a few friends I haven't spoken to in a while and hear how they're doing, and finish composing my letter to Kneen so I can write it out in handwriting and mail it to him...
    Yeah you can't exactly decide "nah, I'll just do that meeting later", unless you are the one in charge of setting up the meetings. So good, no procrastination. You actually make me feel like trying to make today a talking day...try to get in touch with some people, talk about some times.

Ooh has Kneen been well? I haven't heard from him in some time. I still got that letter from him...I never sent one back since I am bad with mail-stuffs, so thanked him online. Maaaaiiiil.

ION: I did a second video now! I would normally just mention it in my gamey thread but that's for Morrowind, and this one is a Fallout video I am doing for a challenge. Still, I aimed to make it as close to the first one as I could. This time without graphical problems! Or voice syncing problems! So yeah, that's right here. Give it a check please if you are interested. And if not, that's okay too.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

13. - Top - End - #1063

I've actually never seen either of them. Can anyone give me a small intro so I know if I may be interested? I only saw a few commercials for Wall-E and that was quite a long time ago.
    Wall-E is about the last remaining waste disposal robot on Earth encountering a probe robot from the last remnants of humanity in space, sent to see if Earth is clean enough to live. Thanks to Wall-E preserving a tiny sprout he found, the probe robot (Eve) determines Earth is fit to at least start to live on, and flies off. But Wall-E is in wuv, and hitches a ride with her. Stuff happens from there, it's a robot love story and it's actually really good and beautiful.

Akira is about the post apocolyptic world of Japan, with badass motorcycle gangs and psionic badasses, fighting and living in a chaotic world.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wall-E is about the last remaining waste disposal robot on Earth encountering a probe robot from the last remnants of humanity in space, sent to see if Earth is clean enough to live. Thanks to Wall-E preserving a tiny sprout he found, the probe robot (Eve) determines Earth is fit to at least start to live on, and flies off. But Wall-E is in wuv, and hitches a ride with her. Stuff happens from there, it's a robot love story and it's actually really good and beautiful.

Akira is about the post apocolyptic world of Japan, with badass motorcycle gangs and psionic badasses, fighting and living in a chaotic world.
    Both of them sound admirable. Robot love, the chaotic psionic badassery? I must watch. TO NETFLIX!

...oh right, no more high-speed data. TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY THEN TAKE MY SISTER'S NETFLIX! Maybe she knows Akira as well, I've never asked.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I've watched WALL.E. My memory of it is fuzzy, but I think they managed to make the romance not so mushy. Or something.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah you can't exactly decide "nah, I'll just do that meeting later", unless you are the one in charge of setting up the meetings. So good, no procrastination. You actually make me feel like trying to make today a talking day...try to get in touch with some people, talk about some times.

Ooh has Kneen been well? I haven't heard from him in some time. I still got that letter from him...I never sent one back since I am bad with mail-stuffs, so thanked him online. Maaaaiiiil.

ION: I did a second video now! I would normally just mention it in my gamey thread but that's for Morrowind, and this one is a Fallout video I am doing for a challenge. Still, I aimed to make it as close to the first one as I could. This time without graphical problems! Or voice syncing problems! So yeah, that's right here. Give it a check please if you are interested. And if not, that's okay too.
    My only critique for this one is less stopping and talking about doing things and more doing things. When it'd gotten past 2:30 in minutes and you were still doing intro stuff, I fast forwarded to the part where you watched the audrey plant kill the spider, and then after it killed it you stayed in place and talked about things for a bit before doing things. I know you want to tell us details, but its okay to explain things as you do something or even explain what just happened to the audience, since we don't know what's coming and you might.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    My only critique for this one is less stopping and talking about doing things and more doing things. When it'd gotten past 2:30 in minutes and you were still doing intro stuff, I fast forwarded to the part where you watched the audrey plant kill the spider, and then after it killed it you stayed in place and talked about things for a bit before doing things. I know you want to tell us details, but its okay to explain things as you do something or even explain what just happened to the audience, since we don't know what's coming and you might.
    Critiquing is good! It's how I'm gonna improve. Alright so more action, more doing. Less standing and saying. I'll keep that in mind for my next video.

I'm a tiny bit worried for it though. I can't figure out how to fix the issue with the ground and other things disappearing. I've raised the quality and resolution, optimized frame rate as much as I could. I don't know what to do with it, except maybe download a new recorder which would be troublesome. I've downloaded a graphical mod for the game and hope that it might help, but I'll have to see. Should I make another Morrowind video even if it has these issues again, or put it off til I fix the problem and try another game? There's still Fable and Dragon Age that I have yet to try, and I'm sure I got others on this computer worth trying too.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

I spent three hours dusting and cleaning up the . . . dust and grime from a collapsed ceiling today! I choked on dust four times and sneezed seven times. I also did about three-quarters of the work whilst the Sister did the rest. I'm very good at quickly cleaning dust. And doing the dishes. And putting away bedding in drawers-under-beds. And carrying two heavy bedside tables very narrow stairs that also had one of those support railings on the other side. And moving a bed-with-electric-motor around a full ninety degrees. And moving a chest of drawers almost as large as I am across a room. And turning a wardrobe around. And dusting an extraordinarily dusty light shade.
    For the record, if a one hundred and forty year old lathe and plaster ceiling collapses in the middle of the night it takes a good three months for the dust to settle properly, and there'll be loads of it everywhere even if the house is hoovered daily and the least used rooms are shut off.
    For the record, that much dust means that you'd better wash out your rag a good half a dozen times or you'll end up smearing dust-water over the paintings in the hallway. Totes didn't do this, because I can think ahead. Sometimes.
    For the record, hanging out with your Gran over lunch and chatting about the idiocies of travel - and the peeves of People Who Drive - is pretty awesome.

And then, because it was still raining, and it always rains when I get my hair cut I decided that Fate wanted me to have a hair cut. Today. So I went to TKD Brother's barber's because they don't need appointments and are cheap; they also have a part-time cat so I got to cuddle while I waited. I have a full on pixie now, and I think they used one of those razor scissor things. It's basically the girl version of short back and sides, two inches on top except I think mine might be three inches along the fringe.
    Or 'bangs' as Troglanders say.
    Seriously Troglanders, 'bangs'? Why? I mean, calling a fringe a fringe is obvious; it means 'extra bits for decoration or that don't fit in the main area'. Effectively. A bang is a loud noise. Or British slang for sex.
    What about Canadalanders? Fringe or bangs?
    I wonder if I should specify Britlander as Britlander English, Troglander English etc. when I'm discussing linguistic quirks. Hmmm.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2015-03-27 at 03:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Or 'bangs' as Troglanders say.
    Seriously Troglanders, 'bangs'? Why? I mean, calling a fringe a fringe is obvious; it means 'extra bits for decoration or that don't fit in the main area'. Effectively. A bang is a loud noise. Or British slang for sex.
    What about Canadalanders? Fringe or bangs?

I wonder if I should specify Britlander as Britlander English, Troglander English etc. when I'm discussing linguistic quirks. Hmmm.
    Like many terms that don't have an obvious meaning (see: sideburns), I strongly suspect it's short for something - and a quick bit of googling reveals that "bangs" is short for "bang-off", which is apparently a straight cut across at the front. And now I can claim I've learned something today!

Also, I am reminded of a certain image.
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean, it was obvious we were talking about English here, I guess. I think we'd all catch on pretty quick that you were talking about something different if you moved on to Welsh or Creole or something.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #1070

NecromancerGuy

Or British slang for sex.
    What, you don't think that Americans talk about banging out? Even if it started out British, we've naturalized that expression quite handily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1071

Critiquing is good! It's how I'm gonna improve. Alright so more action, more doing. Less standing and saying. I'll keep that in mind for my next video.

I'm a tiny bit worried for it though. I can't figure out how to fix the issue with the ground and other things disappearing. I've raised the quality and resolution, optimized frame rate as much as I could. I don't know what to do with it, except maybe download a new recorder which would be troublesome. I've downloaded a graphical mod for the game and hope that it might help, but I'll have to see. Should I make another Morrowind video even if it has these issues again, or put it off til I fix the problem and try another game? There's still Fable and Dragon Age that I have yet to try, and I'm sure I got others on this computer worth trying too.
    I say do some test recordings on Morrowind to see if you can fix it. If you can't fix it, move to Fable.

Only advice I have on fixing it is maybe try Morrowind when it's in Windowed mode? Fullscreen can mess up with recording stuff sometimes.

22. - Top - End - #1072

GreenSorcererElf

What, you don't think that Americans talk about banging out? Even if it started out British, we've naturalized that expression quite handily.
    ...I am becoming more and more frightened with how little I seem to be familiar with how familiar people are with parts of American culture. Unless I'm wrong and we never use the "out" part of that expression, just like what I thought.

23. - Top - End - #1073

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    ...I am becoming more and more frightened with how little I seem to be familiar with how familiar people are with parts of American culture. Unless I'm wrong and we never use the "out" part of that expression, just like what I thought.
    Well, banging out is a sometimes phrase. Banging is more common, yes, but banging out just had that je ne sais quoi.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Why are people explicitly talking about swoodleypooping? Isn't that blatantly against the rules?

Or is it like driving 5MPH above the speed-limit in America, in that everyone does it so the cops/mods ignore it?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #1075

I...don't think that's what they're talking about Ender.

Though I have NO idea what's going on here.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Hell, I don't even know what swaddelypooping is! My Google-fu failed me, and a part of me doesn't know if I want to find out.

27. - Top - End - #1077

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Hell, I don't even know what swaddelypooping is! My Google-fu failed me, and a part of me doesn't know if I want to find out.
    It's a over the top britishism, like that meme of a picture of a guy from Blackadder(?) and a list of things that Britlanders call differently from Troglanders, starting with stuff like chips vs. fries and crisps vs. chips and then descends into silliness such as guns vs. rooty tooty point and shooties.

So to follow convention it'd be a picture of a foppish English Nobleman from Blackadder(?) accompanied by the line "My face when Americans call swaddelypooping 'banging'"
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

2 countries divided by a common language.

I usually just go to to a hairdresser and say:
    "cut this... somehow."
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Firbolg in the Playground

And then, because it was still raining, and it always rains when I get my hair cut I decided that Fate wanted me to have a hair cut. Today. So I went to TKD Brother's barber's because they don't need appointments and are cheap; they also have a part-time cat so I got to cuddle while I waited. I have a full on pixie now, and I think they used one of those razor scissor things. It's basically the girl version of short back and sides, two inches on top except I think mine might be three inches along the fringe.
    And once again I must humbly request pics.

Also, I am reminded of a certain image.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My face when someone takes an amusing cultural discrepancy and takes it to a completely unfunny place by over-caricaturing one of the relevant cultures:

It's a over the top britishism
    Swoodilypooping is a Vlogbrothers-ism, not a Britishism.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #1080

It's a over the top britishism, like that meme of a picture of a guy from Blackadder(?) and a list of things that Britlanders call differently from Troglanders, starting with stuff like chips vs. fries and crisps vs. chips and then descends into silliness such as guns vs. rooty tooty point and shooties.

So to follow convention it'd be a picture of a foppish English Nobleman from Blackadder(?) accompanied by the line "My face when Americans call swaddelypooping 'banging'"
    Oh, I've seen that before. Funny stuff. I actually have a British friend who talks in a pretty heavy British accent, and we always (playfully) make fun of her for it. The war hasn't ended yet!