New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXVI: 'P' is for 'Ponythread'!

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Spoiler: Comic Friends Forever #1
    Show
    ...Yes.
    Frighteningly, terrifyingly yes.
    Comic Friends Forever
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dang, yo.

Edit: Dat Sun
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-01-23 at 07:42 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

judging by what my CCG booster pack cards are telling me, I should be attempting to make a TwiShy deck, maining Twilight and packed full of critters.

I am slightly disappoint that the game doesn't seem to have any RainbowShy or TwiDash combinations at the moment.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So if nothing else upcoming episode promises to rival ol Jesus as the least kid friendly pop culture reference the show has made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    just becuase i live in arizona doesn't mean i can't get snow. so ya i do get snow here some times.
    I'm not sure it counts if you look up at snow in the mountains from your dry hot desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    judging by what my CCG booster pack cards are telling me, I should be attempting to make a TwiShy deck, maining Twilight and packed full of critters.

I am slightly disappoint that the game doesn't seem to have any RainbowShy or TwiDash combinations at the moment.
    Is this just coincidentially using cards as a medium for shipping or...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=Soras Teva Gee;16853991]

I'm not sure it counts if you look up at snow in the mountains from your dry hot desert.

QUOTE]

I live in the mountains, they are called the white mountains for a reason.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I live in the mountains, they are called the white mountains for a reason.
    Well carry on then.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So if nothing else upcoming episode promises to rival ol Jesus as the least kid friendly pop culture reference the show has made yet.
    Spoiler: Sat Episode
    Show
    I'm wondering what place Discord feels like making them visit,because I'm pretty sure that isn't a map of Equestria he's holding.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2014-01-23 at 09:02 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is this just coincidentially using cards as a medium for shipping or...
    The four decks in the three official starting Theme boxes are TwiJack, RainRity, Pinkity, and FlutterJack, make of that what you will.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post

I would get into the MLP CCG but I'm already deep into Magic: the Gathering.

I'm not sure I get it. Is that a golf course map or something?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post

I'm not sure I get it. Is that a golf course map or something?
    Spoiler: Saturday Episode
    Show
    Discord's outfit is a reference to Hunter S. Thompson/ Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler: Saturday Episode
    Show
    Discord's outfit is a reference to Hunter S. Thompson/ Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    Yes and while incredibly appropriate... well no kid should get that joke.

11. - Top - End - #161

Saturday's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, Cadance looks pretty pissed in that screen shot. Not sure how good the episode will be overall, but it hard to go wrong with Discord mucking up things.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    I spent all my Christmas money on a kickstarter for Buck:Legacy's expansion set... and a new tire for my car.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Why is he blue?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: A coming episode
    Show
    Looks like Discord has inbluenza.

So has anyone commented on Cadance's big/long mane? This is a comment on Cadance's big/long mane.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

ergo watch the early shows of supernatural!
    DON'T DO IT IT WILL MAKE YOU CRY FOREVER
    (It's awesome. But I'm not joking.)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Well, I finally finished another story. I've reread a couple of times and am still in that delusional state where I think it might be pretty good, but no one else has seen it yet, and I'm not too comfortable hitting "Submit" it on it with that in mind. Ponythread has come through for me with great input in the past, so I'm humbly asking once more for thoughts, suggestions and so forth!
    It's just over 7000 words, so nothing huge. The story features Celestia and Sunset Shimmer, so Equestria Girls is necessary to be able to understand it. It doesn't, however, take place in the human world.
    Oh cool, someone else interested in Sunset Shimmer. I read it, and have 2 things to say:

(1) During his Youtube review of Equestria Girls, Digibrony/Digibro gave his impression of Sunset. I found it very informative, and also very affirming as it was pretty much how I wrote Sunset, except in action not analysis.

(2) Digibrony was wondering why Sunset, who is supposed to be smart, made the dumb plan of trying to conquer Equestria with just a schoolful of teenagers. Not much of an army. I'll reiterated what I thought Sunset's plan actually was...

Her brainwashed army wasn't as much an army as it was a horde of willing hostages. There was no way Celestia was going to order her soldiers to go and kill an enemy army of mind-controlled children, and Sunset knew it. Her real goal is to force Celestia to an one-on-one duel. Sunset wanted to dethrone Celestia and validate herself as worthy of becoming Princess, by virtue of personal might.

Her fundamental driving goal was never to "conquer Equestria" through mundane war. What would that prove? Her goal was to be personally superior to the Sun Princess, to one-up her. To show everyone, Celestia in particular, that she is born to be a titan among ponies.

This is not because she hates Celestia for no reason. Of course she does like power, and is ambitious and prideful. But the main reason she is so focused on Celestia is because She told her "No, you cannot be a Princess, i.e. I the Sun Princess decree that you are not good enough." That is what she absolutely could not abide by.
    Last edited by MLai; 2014-01-24 at 06:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
    Oh cool, someone else interested in Sunset Shimmer. I read it, and have 2 things to say:

(1) During his Youtube review of Equestria Girls, Digibrony/Digibro gave his impression of Sunset. I found it very informative, and also very affirming as it was pretty much how I wrote Sunset, except in action not analysis.

(2) Digibrony was wondering why Sunset, who is supposed to be smart, made the dumb plan of trying to conquer Equestria with just a schoolful of teenagers. Not much of an army. I'll reiterated what I thought Sunset's plan actually was...

Her brainwashed army wasn't as much an army as it was a horde of willing hostages. There was no way Celestia was going to order her soldiers to go and kill an enemy army of mind-controlled children, and Sunset knew it. Her real goal is to force Celestia to an one-on-one duel. Sunset wanted to dethrone Celestia and validate herself as worthy of becoming Princess, by virtue of personal might.

Her fundamental driving goal was never to "conquer Equestria" through mundane war. What would that prove? Her goal was to be personally superior to the Sun Princess, to one-up her. To show everyone, Celestia in particular, that she is born to be a titan among ponies.

This is not because she hates Celestia for no reason. Of course she does like power, and is ambitious and prideful. But the main reason she is so focused on Celestia is because She told her "No, you cannot be a Princess, i.e. I the Sun Princess decree that you are not good enough." That is what she absolutely could not abide by.
    Never really got into any of the "OC still images" genre of analysis videos. I've watched one or two in total, maybe. From what I heard about Digibrony's take on Rainbow Falls, I'm not really convinced I'm missing anything.

What you wrote here is either a) actually present in the story (if not in that exact phrasing) or b) something I don't agree on. I don't think it's necessary to invent a less stupid plan for 'demonic' Sunset Shimmer to secretly have, when the much easier explanation is insanity. Nightmare Moon actually wanted to shroud Equestria in eternal night, no matter if it killed everyone. That's not smart villainy. That's insane villainy. And to me the parallels between Nightmare Moon and demonic Shimmer are too striking to ignore. Then there are the tears Sunset sheds as she is transformed, and the genuine, almost extreme distress she displays once it is over. To me, that's classic "What Have I Done". She wasn't entirely herself - that suffices as an explanation for the apparent override of her smartness. (There's also a great gulf between being smart and making smart decisions in any given situation.)

I've done my own analysis; the story is the result. There are other valid interpretations of Sunset Shimmer (I don't claim the one true way), but I haven't based my story on them and am not planning to. If my analysis is incomplete and my own story contradicts either itself or the show, that's something else entirely.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2014-01-24 at 07:31 AM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is he blue?
    Its the premise of the episode.

Geddit yet?

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is he blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Spoiler: A coming episode
    Show
    Looks like Discord has inbluenza.
    Saturday's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

The synopsis I read said something about him being sick, so I guess he just wanted a princess (or two) to coddle him until he recovers. Odd that chaos spiritcs can get ill from anything. I wonder if this messes with his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So has anyone commented on Cadance's big/long mane? This is a comment on Cadance's big/long mane.
    More Saturday's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, pretty generic comment there. I like that she's grown out her hair. Maybe she plans to donate to locks-of-love.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-01-24 at 08:01 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #169
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post

C'mon, the obvious answer to this is and always has been 'Mind Controlled Celestia and Luna who turn into powerful magical pretty Alicorn princesses once they step through the portal'. No need to complicate it.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

C'mon, the obvious answer to this is and always has been 'Mind Controlled Celestia and Luna who turn into powerful magical pretty Alicorn princesses once they step through the portal'. No need to complicate it.
    I dunno, I think it's on the same lines of "eternal night, 'cos that clearly won't kill everything off" levels of "did not think this through."

Mind you, I'm also in the camp of "pocket dimension, created or at least landscaped by Sunset Shimmer's fractured psyche, manifesting as a psuedo-human-ish thing because echoes of the multiverse" sort of thing.

Maybe I've been reading too much SCP or something lately, but that makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-01-24 at 09:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Never really got into any of the "OC still images" genre of analysis videos. I've watched one or two in total, maybe. From what I heard about Digibrony's take on Rainbow Falls, I'm not really convinced I'm missing anything.
    Analysis videos are analysis videos. Siskel and Ebert are analysis videos. Nothing intrinsically good or bad about them, just depends on whether you think the reviewer generally does a good job. So not watching them is 1 thing, but saying oh he probably doesn't say anything worth considering without ever listening to him is disingenuous.
    I had to re-watch the Rainbow Falls review to remember what you might be talking about. Hmm... nope, can't see where his comments might possibly be controversial.
    What you wrote here is either a) actually present in the story (if not in that exact phrasing) or b) something I don't agree on.
    What, her invasion plan? Isn't a) and b) mutually exclusive??
    It's b), because why would I bother describing in detail something explicitly stated in the movie?
    I don't think it's necessary to invent a less stupid plan for 'demonic' Sunset Shimmer to secretly have, when the much easier explanation is insanity.
    AFAIR, you didn't mention SS's motivations for the invasion did you. Neither in words nor in implications. The story is mainly concerned about the aftermath.
    It's not an invention, it's a natural extension of what is revealed in the comics (which I consider lesser canon but since it was pushing the movie it probably had more Hasbro input than usual) and the movie.
    I consider "temporary insanity" to be a cop-out device.
    Also, the plan wasn't concocted at the last second. SS had a plan before she put on the crown; her plan cannot consist of only "Get the crown -> ??? -> Profit!"
    Nightmare Moon actually wanted to shroud Equestria in eternal night, no matter if it killed everyone. That's not smart villainy. That's insane villainy.
    What does she care if everything dies? It's evil and nihilistic, but not "I'm crazy therefore stupid."
    And to me the parallels between Nightmare Moon and demonic Shimmer are too striking to ignore.
    Interesting! What are they?
    Then there are the tears Sunset sheds as she is transformed, and the genuine, almost extreme distress she displays once it is over.
    I can get behind that her demon form warped her mind and amplified the negative. But that still doesn't mean she got stupid. She still had to have a plan beyond "put crown on head."
    Also I don't think it was a case of her real self being imprisoned in a tiny corner of her skull by a demonic possession or something. If that's what you're implying. The demon was still her own consciousness, just warped and corrupted.
    I've done my own analysis; the story is the result. There are other valid interpretations of Sunset Shimmer (I don't claim the one true way), but I haven't based my story on them and am not planning to. If my analysis is incomplete and my own story contradicts either itself or the show, that's something else entirely.
    TOU-CHY! When did I say your interpretation must be changed to conform to other's interpretations? I just wanted to discuss SS the character. If all you care about is "What do you think of my story?" Then I can give you a 1-sentence answer like everyone else.
    Last edited by MLai; 2014-01-24 at 09:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I dunno, I think it's on the same lines of "eternal night, 'cos that clearly won't kill everything off" levels of "did not think this through."

Mind you, I'm also in the camp of "pocket dimension, created or at least landscaped by Sunset Shimmer's fractured psyche, manifesting as a psuedo-human-ish thing because echoes of the multiverse" sort of thing.

Maybe I've been reading too much SCP or something lately, but that makes sense to me.
    How effective do you think "The Stare" would be on SCP 682?

Cause I've got an Idea for a Crossover fic.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    How effective do you think "The Stare" would be on SCP 682?

Cause I've got an Idea for a Crossover fic.
    It'd be perfectly effective.
    Once.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It'd be perfectly effective.
    Once.
    And then 682 would develop the Stare effect for ██ hours, during which it would escape from containment, resulting in the deaths of ███ personnel (and, on a good day, one of the senior staff would make a pithy comment about not trying that again...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-01-24 at 10:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh man. I think the episode that makes me the most conflict about this show is Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

On one hand, the song is AWESOME. The animation/drama is superbly played up, etc..

On the other hand, as a (alleged) "greedy capitalist", I can only think of the stupidity of the Flim-Flam brothers (couple?) and how their short-sightedness just ruined what could have been perfect win-win-win situation for EVERYONE (Apple Orchard-Brothers-Consumers), but they insisted in an absurd % of the profits which would have driven their own partners out of business.

Capitalism is always shown to be the silly shortsighted ideal, when it can be such a powerful force of good when used responsibly.

Flim-Flam brothers could have made lots of money out of their machine. The Apple Family could have had a much more efficient source of quality cider and increased their revenue. the Consumers would have had access to a much greater quantity of ciders. BUT NO, WE HAD TO GO THE GREEDY ROUTE

(hence why the episode, while being extremely enjoyable, just conflicts me. It provokes me at a deeper level than I am used to)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    And then 682 would develop the Stare effect for ██ hours, during which it would escape from containment, resulting in the deaths of ███ personnel (and, on a good day, one of the senior staff would make a pithy comment about not trying that again...)
    Exactly my point. xD

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    On the other hand, as a (alleged) "greedy capitalist", I can only think of the stupidity of the Flim-Flam brothers (couple?)
    He's Flim, He's Flam, We're the world famous Flim Flam lovers, traveling saleponies nonpareil!

Yeeeaaaaah, no. Incest is no Wincest in my book.
    Who would have no idea what to do with their powers, up against a pair that do.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2014-01-24 at 10:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    He's Flim, He's Flam, We're the world famous Flim Flam lovers

Yeeeaaaaah, no. Incest is no Wincest in my book.
    I just think of this..

But I don't think they are actually BROTHERS. Just a nice & greedy inventor couple.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I just think of this..

But I don't think they are actually BROTHERS. Just a nice & greedy inventor couple.
    1. They refer to each other as brothers.

2. They are nearly Identical.

3.Matching Cutie Marks.

They're brothers.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    1. They refer to each other as brothers.

2. They are nearly Identical.

3.Matching Cutie Marks.

They're brothers.
    All right, all right.

It was just a fast joke about them. But the point of the episode still annoys me.