New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous IC

"I'm getting really tired of bugs," Roze states with a sigh, pointing her finger at one of them and releasing a ray of frost in their direction.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack for Ray of Frost - (1d20+1)[11]
    Damage - (1d3+2)[3]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Melisandre can't help but scathingly reply to her two comrades. "Evil doesn't come color coded for your convenience!" she snarks before glancing at Anevia, the most combat-ready of the three. "Can you keep an eye on Horgus and Arivishnal? It doesn't look like much, but we want to keep those flies trapped in the room."

Melisandre readies her bow and moves forward to support her companions.

3. - Top - End - #93

PirateGuy

"I'm not tired of bugs, but I am a bit full."

Larsaa shoots a fly!

(1d20+5)[13]
    (1d6+1)[3]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Init:
    Melisandre
    Flies
    The rest party

Melisandre can interrupt their actions if he wants, the flies see fresh food and dart toward the entryway. Little bits of drool falling from their mouth orifaces, eyes wide and focused on the party (specifically Roze and Arakiel who are visible). Streaks of ice hit the ceiling in her panic from Roze at more bugs. Fly Two bites at Roze's arm to stop the cold, while Fly One bites at Arakiel's leg to prevent escape.

(Roze can attack again as I'll assume that was a surprise attack you posted)

Spoiler
    Show

Fly one targets Arakiel, while fly 2 targets Roze.
    Vs Arakiel
    Attk1 - (1d20+2)[22] Dam1 - (1d6+1)[7] If bite, Roll Fort Save DC 14

vs Roze
    Attk2 - (1d20+2)[3] Dam2 - (1d6+1)[3] if bite, Roll Fort Save DC 14

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory moves up, drawing his rapier once more, and attempting to stab the closer fly out of the air. "If only I'd brought a rolled-up newspaper," he says wistfully.

Spoiler: OOC - move to L-14 and attack Fly 1
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14] (if flanking with Arakiel) for (1d6+2)[8] piercing damage.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

6. - Top - End - #96

Seeing an opportunity, Melisandre crosses her fingers as she whips up another bomb and throws it at the second fly, letting the doorway contain and channel the explosion away from her allies.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Move SW 2 spaces

Throw bomb at Fly 2:
    Attack Roll vs Touch - (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[7]

Splash damage - 5, Reflex DC 14

On miss, scatter roll - (1d8)[6]

7. - Top - End - #97

PirateGuy

Larsaa watches Melisandre's bomb go off and makes some mental notes. He might not have learned much in a Kobold warren but he's cleverer than he looks, and a quick study.

Visions of pyrotechnics dancing in his head he'll do the next best thing, lighting one of his oil-soaked fire arrows from before off the bomb's smouldering residue and firing.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    (Any benefits from the jury rigged fire arrow up to gm fiat)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Mallory rushes forth with his rapier trying to stab the fly, he achieves ramming it through its feet as it flies 1 foot above the ground.

Larsaa deals 3 fire damage and sets Fly 1 on fire dealing it fire - (1d3)[3] (decided half direct arrow damage but chance to deal fire each round)

Melisandre's bomb wounds Fly 2, the second fly survives but splash damage burns up Fly One after all its previous wounds.
    Fly 1 Reflex - (1d20+3)[11]
    Fly 2 Reflex - (1d20+3)[13]

9. - Top - End - #99

BlueWizardGirl

"Hey, no!" Roze barks out as she's bitten at, taking a step back from the fly and pointing at it, unleashing a bolt of unerring energy into its face. "Down!"

Spoiler
    Show

Take 5-ft step away from the bug and cast magic missile.
    (1d4+3)[5]
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-06-01 at 10:56 PM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina helps to balance Arivishnal and Aneiva together, "Please hold still and don't move, Aneiva, you be his eyes and he can be your leg" she'l dart round the corner to see the giant disgusting flies and moves to assist Roze in front of her, waving her sword to distract the fly

OOC
    Move around corner. Aid another Roze to give her +2 to hit
    (1d20+6)[8] vs DC 10
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel decided to attack the one left fly. He took a swing with his weapon, aiming at the head of the giant insect.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Roze steps backward before blast the bug with concentrated force right through its abdomen. But the bug wasn't dead yet, Zarina distracts the bug before out of no where Arakiel cuts its head clear off.

Spoiler
    Show

It was already dead after Roze blasted it, so Arakiel easily attacks its head off

Everyone gets 134 XP each

Anevia: "Shall we go in? I would love a place to sit down"

13. - Top - End - #103

PirateGuy

"Yes, let's! I don't think we've gained a lot of altitude yet so we'll still have loads of walking to do, a sit down to keep the spirits up is just good sense."

14. - Top - End - #104

"It's the first sign of civilization I've seen since we fell. I wonder who would have built something like this down here." Melisandre remarks as she helps the wounded civilians inside the building, after kicking burnt fly parts out of the doorway. (She kicks the largest fly chunk inside and into a corner incase the insatiable kobold wants to try another variety of giant insect. She was still full, and it looks like food won't be a major issue down here given the amazing abundance of hostile oversized insects.)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory adds, "I don't recognize the symbol on this... temple?... but it does seem a relatively secure room to rest in. Let's look around carefully first, though." He stops by Arakiel and intones a curative spell. Placing a hand on Arakiel's shoulder, he says, "Here, this should help you feel better."

Spoiler: OOC - CLW and Perception
    Show
    Arakiel gains (1d8+1)[9] hp. And Mallory's Perception check for looking around the room: (1d20+6)[26]
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueWizardGirl

Rozalinda heads into the building with the others, taking a good look around as she enters.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception - (1d20+5)[19]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Rozalinda and Mallory's perceptive ideas
    Spoiler
    Show

the basin's water seems to similar with divine power. You believe you can bottle some to make holy water

When the wounded trio, enters Anevia she is taken aback. She figures out this might be a holy shrine to Torag by the hammer symbol. Suddenly the realization that this was a temple gets to her.
    "This reminds me of my love, Irabeth. I'm never going to see them again am I? Sure we survived but what is to say others did." She sits down and starts crying.

"Why don't we stay here for a few hours, my leg hurts. "

Horgus rolls his eyes and , "Look, Anevia, we can't just stay here. I have a home to get back to. ", he looks at party and whispers, "maybe we leave her here and the rest of us scout ahead to find the exit and come back later for her."

Anevia appears to hear that, slowly gets up and yells, "Oh, I am not surprised that a man afraid to acknowledge his own faith wouldn’t be moved by a forgotten temple like this, and that to be ashamed of one’s faith is as bad as worshiping demons!"

Horgus yells back, "irony of being chided by someone who has been known to consort with thieves."

Anevia falls into black, silent anger at this, her eyes narrowing at Horgus.

Diffusing argument
    Spoiler
    Show

The two are fighting, likely anger at situation of being lost underground and displacing at each other.

You can side with either party. You can use Diplomacy DC 15 to prevent an NPC from getting angry at your team if you don't side with them.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel thanked with a nod of his hed for the healing. Then, he looked at the arguing member of his party. He sighted, then...

- Please, do not argue. We are all afraid and scared. But we do not have to fight among ourselves. This building is a proof that the were people here. And possibly, there is a way out of these caves. We sure do not know what happens for us outside, but it is some thought to hold onto, innit? So please, do not argue, bear with us and move forward. That's the most important thing there is now. Pretty please?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-06-06 at 01:06 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

19. - Top - End - #109

BlueWizardGirl

"Plus there's the fact that we're underground, surrounded by hostile bugs and whatever else, and you two have decided to squabble like children," Roze states, crossing her arms over her chest. "We're all tired, Horgus. You're free to go wandering off on your own, though, if you like. When we find your corpse, I'll say a little prayer over it to a god of your choosing. Else sit down and shut up, or start contributing in battle, and maybe we'll care about what you have to say."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[13]

20. - Top - End - #110

PirateGuy

Diplomacy:(1d20+8)[24]

"Ffffriend Roze! That's not so nice! Horgus isn't wrong that a few can outpace lots, and there is certainly reason to fear for those above, and to hope we might help... what about just a shorter rest, enough for Anevia to fill her lungs nice and good with, maybe twenty minutes or thirty? We can support you back Anevia, and if you do have a love in the city above, perhaps getting there faster means more chance we can regroup and keep them safe!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

With the argument raging Zarina retreats from the now dead flies and strides outside on long slender legs. Looking at them argument she heads to Aneiva, "Calm yourself. Please Aneiva, calm. Let me help you into the temple you can sit down and rest."
    She looks at the others and makes a pushing motion to suggest moving Horgus away as well.

OOC
    Diplomacy to assist (1d2+9)[11]

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Arivishnal, "why is everyone yelling, is the more bugs, Larsaa?, "he blasts the ground at his feet with thin sheet of ice.

Anevia, "Thanks for the support, Roze,
    *sighs* But Arakiel and Zarina, guess you arem't wrong, I'm just frustrated. Sorry for my outburst."

Horgus folds his arms, "Fine, we can stay 30 minutes resting, but no more, we have places to be. I mean, who knows what has happened while we were down here. They may need every man they can get up above. "

As you hurry inside and rest at the benches, you can hear a faint sound coming from the unopened door in the room with symbol of a hammer. It sounds like chanting or whispering, something maybe inside, friend or foe, is unknown.

Your team successful prevented arguements from gettng worse, Story Award 67 XP each.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Arivishnal, "why is everyone yelling, is the more bugs, Larsaa?, "he blasts the ground at his feet with thin sheet of ice.

As you hurry inside and rest at the benches, you can hear a faint sound coming from the unopened door in the room with symbol of a hammer. It sounds like chanting or whispering, something maybe inside, friend or foe, is unknown.
    Mallory translates for Arivishnal, "No bugs, thankfully. The impatient annoying man decided to take it out on the hurt sad thief-lady but hopefully now that it's quieter we can get some rest."

Although as the chanting starts from the next room ahead, he adds, "...or all their yelling has attracted unwanted attention and we'll have more fighting to do, ha!" He laughs at the cosmic joke that is the idea of getting a rest.

"Demons, bugs, bug-demons - it matters little, we'll avenge our city on them all."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2023-06-10 at 10:24 PM.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

- Who is there?! - Arakiel asked aloud in the direction of the unopened doors, preparing his weapon. He didn't want to play cat-and-mouse and wanted to deal with the possible problem as fast and directly as this was possible.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

25. - Top - End - #115

The tiefling alchemist sighs to herself as she readies her bow once again, taking position behind the front line, ready to support them with arrows or bombs, depending on what comes through the doors this time.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

The door stays shut, whomever in there does not respond.

Though there is tension, Anevia enjoys the quiet waiting. Everyone though on edge with the mystery next door, feels a tiny bit better about their stress. Something calming about the basin and its holy waters.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

- Shall we go? - the aasimar asked, looking at the mysterious doors - We still hadn't left this place, maybe there are survivors above us...

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateGuy

"Yes, let's! But I'd like to peek through the doors here first. Shall I open them, or would you rather another bow pointing at it when they open?"

Larsaa will open the door if nobody else volunteers to.
    Last edited by Paddywagon Man; 2023-06-13 at 08:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

BlueWizardGirl

Roze sighs and stares at the door. "Whenever you're all ready," she says, raising one hand in preparation for hurling spells.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

- Careful, we do not know who or what is in there - said Arakiel cautiously.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-06-15 at 05:37 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature