New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

Which do you think is better for the darkmoon pet battle?, a green Kun-Lai Runt(using it's two elemental attacks) or a grey Fel Flame(using two dragon attacks and the conflagrate elemental attack)?
    Would one of those Elementals from Zul-Drak be even better? They have more elemental attacks, but deal less damage and have fewer HP then the others.
    My only two level 25s atm are a Feline Familiar(upgraded to blue) and a Flayer Hatchling(green). I also have a single level 24(one of those hyjal wisps[green quality])
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-12-03 at 07:35 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

I just want to get some Flawless Battle-Stones so I can get my two uncommon 25s to rare quality. Guess I gotta, like... farm pet supply bags. Hmmm.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I just want to get some Flawless Battle-Stones so I can get my two uncommon 25s to rare quality. Guess I gotta, like... farm pet supply bags. Hmmm.
    Are there any in the AH?
    I found out that there's one type that can be traded(though I've only seen it drop ocne so far).
    The stones from bags seem to have about a 1/10 chance to drop, though those are usually for a specific type.
    Also, does anyone know what the cave on Darkmoon isle is for? It's full of skeletons. Is it for the new vorpal bunny slaying achievment?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Are there any in the AH?
    No, I checked. And I heard one guy say he saw one for 35,000g -- not that he thought it would sell. But it probably remains that they're going to be massively overpriced for a while.

I mean, the only people that are going to be getting these stones with any regularity are going to be the people really into pet battling, so I can't imagine too many are going to hit the Auction House any time soon.

Also, does anyone know what the cave on Darkmoon isle is for? It's full of skeletons. Is it for the new vorpal bunny slaying achievment?
    It is indeed the location of the Darkmoon Rabbit.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

It is indeed the location of the Darkmoon Rabbit.
    Remember to bring your holy handgrenade with you.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ugh. Super busy weekend guys. Sorry I don't have much to report.
    Yeah, you should see me streaming on my livestream page for the time being, on thursday and friday nights, with sunday as a possible. I'll try to post here and let you guys know in advance.
    I do in fact answer questions from chat as I go (when I remember to check chat that is), if you want to leave me a question to address on the stream you can leave it here or PM me, I'll try to address it on the stream.

Please note that I am trying to get back in the habit of talking and playing at the same time, I'm still a little bit stuttery from time to time, or I might just clam up and concentrate on what I'm doing and forget to talk for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I want 56k crits. My 85 mediocre geared Moonkin can get a 24k starsurge crit. On a good day. I get crits alot (I love you crit gear) but I feel like I should be doing alot more damage. Wrath only does 12k!

What non-hunter class has the most fun burst? I've been wanting to try a non-druid class.
    Your first problem is the fact that you are 85. Push to 90.
    Second, you want mastery for your Eclipse phases. That's where the big damage comes from. I'm in healing gear, reforged for mostly haste, but the mastery I do have causes me to have 300K Starfire and Starsurge crits (in moon phase) and 150K Wrath crits (in Nature Phase).
    Also, due to the short cooldown, Treants are very much worth it for leveling as a Boomkin.

If you want to try a non-druid class, my recommendation is Shaman or Paladin or Warlock. Shaman gets a bit stale to level IMO and the same could be said about Paladin. Warlock just keeps getting new tools and tricks. All. The Time. If you find yourself getting bored, change pets and see what happens. I recommend demonology for leveling, and so far it is very good for daily questing and the like. I've done a handful of scenarios and I absolutely love the playstyle of the Demonology Warlock. My Warlock is fast becoming my DPS alt.

If you ever play a clothie (IE-Warlock) my advice on professions is Tailoring and Enchanting. Tailoring will almost always be useful to you, between making your own equipiment, some excellent enchants, and the ability to turn spare cloth into enchanting materials. Enchanting isn't that useful at low level, but once you get up around 50+ it begins to really take off. And Enchanting is no where near as expensive to level as it once was, especially if you DE quest rewards and green items you pick up as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm on the Pandaria free trial now.
    been playing monk, and its awesome, especially when you play a Blood Elf with blond spiky hair, name them "Supersaying" and macro all their moves to shout out moves like "FALCON PUNCH" or "DO A BARREL ROLL" heheh.
    Oh goody. Another one. Just like all the people who thought it was clever to macro 'get over here' on a Deathknight's Death Grip.
    (It's cool man, keep trollin, keep trollin, rub some funk on it!)

Actually funny story. I ran into a roleplayer on LFG.
    I would drop down mushrooms to heal people, and this guy would violently fling himself away from them rather than get healed. I had no idea at the time he was from an RP realm. So I whispered him and asked him what was going on.
    "Sorry, I'm an RP'er, my character is allergic to mushrooms."
    I laughed, didn't bug him about it. However his low DPS caused the main tank to issue a vote kick a few moments later. I was the sad.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-12-04 at 06:15 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Remember to bring your holy handgrenade with you.
    it's fun to see someone getting the reference

Also, are deepholm battlepets bugged?, I'm only finding greys(and a single white) despite having cleared a fairly large area.
    I did use flee, to conserve hp, would that change the odds?
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

Your first problem is the fact that you are 85. Push to 90.
    Keep in mind, that he was comparing himself to me, an 85-86 mage. So I can understand being annoyed at doing way less max damage a shot at the same level.

Also, someone mentioned ice. Ice works well, stuff dies pretty fast and all, its just, It takes so freaking many shots. I feel like maxing haste just so I can get the full machine gun effect. I do love my ice lance procs though. Get a couple of them up and bang bang bang. I think with the fingers of frost effect or whatever its called, I was critting for 35k sometimes. Of course, this was while doing the tian monastary quest where im trying for 5 minutes straight to blow up two punching bags. God its annoying to constantly switch targets. So I dunno yet if my damage per crit will be different blowing up actual mobs.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Oh goody. Another one. Just like all the people who thought it was clever to macro 'get over here' on a Deathknight's Death Grip.
    (It's cool man, keep trollin, keep trollin, rub some funk on it!)
    I always wanted to name a DK Waynebrady, just for when I would use their choke ability.

In other news, we went back to MSV last night(the first reset since we killed Elegon and Will) and cleared it out in ~3 hours. We'll start on Heart of Fear Thursday night. Super excited.

I also did Terrance of Endless Spring on LFR the other day. I liked the fights. They were interesting. Can't wait to do it on normal.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I always wanted to name a DK Waynebrady, just for when I would use their choke ability.

In other news, we went back to MSV last night(the first reset since we killed Elegon and Will) and cleared it out in ~3 hours. We'll start on Heart of Fear Thursday night. Super excited.

I also did Terrance of Endless Spring on LFR the other day. I liked the fights. They were interesting. Can't wait to do it on normal.
    Some tips that we would have appreciated if we knew them beforehand:
    1st Boss: Force and Verve has to be planned throughroughly. For every usage of this ability everyone has to know what he has to do and when to properly use it.

2nd Boss: BL/TW/Heroism at the beginnning when everyone has his cd's and pre-pots running. Nuke him as fast as possible into the next phase.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Some tips that we would have appreciated if we knew them beforehand:
    1st Boss: Force and Verve has to be planned throughroughly. For every usage of this ability everyone has to know what he has to do and when to properly use it.

2nd Boss: BL/TW/Heroism at the beginnning when everyone has his cd's and pre-pots running. Nuke him as fast as possible into the next phase.
    Yeah, we did a couple of pulls on him the other night, prior to downing Elegon. I don't expect him to roadblock tonight.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

12. - Top - End - #222

My advice for Force and Verve
    Designate the second or middle bubble as the one healers stand in. Everyone can and should be close to the boss on this phase anyway, it's not a big deal to spread out after that.
    Chain your cooldowns with Force and Verve. What healing cooldowns you rocking?
    Because you're only likely to get 3 F&V's before you change platforms, I recommend making life easy and using 2 CD's each time if possible. If you have enough to go around, use 3 each. It's more mana efficient for the healers anyway, as opposed to spamming away to top everyone up. Much easier to deal with an Exhale right after if need be as well.
    And you will almost always have cooldowns up in time for the final phase.

Also, 3rd platform tip. If you just stay on the platform when he goes to the middle, he will just pull people off the platform into melee range. Your tank should still run to him first though.
    I mention this because I wasted a potion trying to sleep at the time. I got about 5 seconds out of the 10 seconds of mana return, and he pulled me. It really is not the ideal time for that.

Tip for Attenuation.
    You can actually run the OPPOSITE direction if you're clever. I do this on LFR all the time, and never take damage. For some reason on normal I seem to screw it up though. Maybe the rings are slightly bigger, maybe I'm just goofing it up.
    Also, save instant cast and AoE heals for Attenuation if possible.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Just had a bit of a bitter encounter in a dungeon, and it made me wonder;
    why do so few dks use their battle res? Seems only about 1 in 10 that will ever actually use it, and some even refuse to believe they have it as a class ability.
    After four years it seems like more ought to know their class by now, especially when most monks I see do.
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #224

Just had a bit of a bitter encounter in a dungeon, and it made me wonder;
    why do so few dks use their battle res? Seems only about 1 in 10 that will ever actually use it, and some even refuse to believe they have it as a class ability.
    After four years it seems like more ought to know their class by now, especially when most monks I see do.
    Isn't the DK rez something like "Bring back the target as a ghoul"?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

No, they got a full battle rez a long time ago, when Blizzard decided battle rezzes became something essential for every group -- rather than have at least one Druid be mandatory for every 10-man raid, they gave Death Knights and Warlocks battle rezzes.

16. - Top - End - #226

No, they got a full battle rez a long time ago, when Blizzard decided battle rezzes became something essential for every group -- rather than have at least one Druid be mandatory for every 10-man raid, they gave Death Knights and Warlocks battle rezzes.
    I knew Locks got it, but wasn't aware of DKs getting it.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

The dk one shares it's name with the old ghoul one, but is now days a true battle rez(and it instant as well)
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to maintain a decent degree of levelling alts. Whenever I get to about level 50 or so, I go back to my main and find myself doing stuff with him rather than continue the levelling process. As a result I have 1 main at 90 and 5 or six alts at about 50.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for how to maintain a decent degree of levelling alts. Whenever I get to about level 50 or so, I go back to my main and find myself doing stuff with him rather than continue the levelling process. As a result I have 1 main at 90 and 5 or six alts at about 50.
    Probably trying to switch your "Main"-Status of thinking to one of those alts?
    I only have 4 85er alts(three on (an)other server/s 2 on Antonidas (Mage and DK) and another DK on Forscherliga), a Druid around 60 and 2 85 DK's that are naked and on another server. I don't really have any motivation to level anything right now. The highest I have is a level 32 Shaman on the Server I'm currently playing.

I would probably say biting through it. Try to reach for BC and then level on. I you don't have any fun how about filling the server with alts, when everyone is around 50 they can only advance further.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

20. - Top - End - #230

Got my Legendary Gem last night. Started work on the next part of the quest line. 6000 Valor, go!
    I must say that completing these phases of the questline is worth it alone for just interacting with Wrathion some more. Him giving you the Gem had a spiffy interaction all on it's own. You walk up to a scenic vista just outside the tavern, and then awesome things happen. Really makes you feel like a Legendary hero.
    The next phase is a Sha-Touched Gem Slot applied to any weapon I want (ilevel requirement of course), and given the cost of re-applying it (or purchasing a replacement gem) I plan on sitting on both of these until I have either a heroic weapon, or just sit on them until the next tier of raiding.

Speaking of which, I would expect to see a new patch hit the PTR in about 2 months, 5.2 land approximately 4 months from now.

Also, tonight I will be Livestreaming. I should be up and running by 11pm my time, which is 15 hours from now. 11pm GMT, at least I'm pretty sure that's the time zone code.
    www.livestream.com/karoht
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-12-06 at 10:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Got my Legendary Gem last night. Started work on the next part of the quest line. 6000 Valor, go!
    Gratulations! I hate my luck... only got 4 of these Wisdom Emblems... but 22 of Power! Raaaargh... even if I had it... I wouldn't have a weapon to put the gem in. And with upgrading it might be worth it to put it in a normal mode weapon. Considering that you won't be easily slaying those heroic bosses those bosses anytime soon (at least for me, we can't even kill the 4th boss in HoF).

The main issue I have is... somehow it feels like we will never really change/swap to 25-man instead of 10-man raid because it all just feels stretched at the moment. Too much to do, not enought time to do things.
    Christmas Presents, Work, Working Out, 2 different groups of DnD/Pathfinder and 3 times a week raid for 8 Hours (2 times 3 hours one time 2 hours). I can hardly fill my Valor point cap. Could've been because Friday and Sunday were packed and Saturday was other stuff we had to do. And my GF most of the time doesn't have any motivation to do anything WoW related... and it growing into small arguments when I do them alone...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

22. - Top - End - #232

The extra leg work is why I dislike 25 man raids. Also, in my opinion, I just feel like Resto Druids are better built for 10 man content.
    Efflorescence hits 3 targets per tick
    Rejuvenation is stronger in a 10 man environment
    Treeform is MUCH stronger in a 10 man environment
    Healing Mushrooms are extremely good in 10 man enviroment.

On trash pulls I've had moments where I broke 96K healing. On most boss fights I'm doing 56K. In 10 man everything feels tight and well tuned. In 25 it just feels sloppy. I guess I get intimidated/shocked by the sheer amount of numbers and health bars fluctuating up and down.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Jay we killed 9 bosses yesterday in 3 hours (had a few wipes on garalon). And in the Bonus Loot I had 2 Items.... well the Galaxy-Fire Belt from Elegon (dissed it) and Spirit/Haste Boots! Currently I'm swinging around with a 487 Item Level and... still don't do any considerable damage. At least not in the Feng, Garajal or such encounters. Dunno which place I was at Stone Guard, I think 2 because our rogue messed up big time. Feng I was being last place with nearly 65k dps... while everyone else seemed to be somewhere between 70k and 95k dps... The thing is... I'm still not being haste capped and can't even afford it... still sitting on 21.99% Haste is a good feeling. Sadly I can't enchant haste onto my boots because I need the running speed... but if this holds me from reaching the haste cap when I swap out the next item... then I will ditch that stupid pandaren step enchantment... which I am probably gonna throw into the AH when I have the head for it.

DPS problems are still there for: Feng, Garajal and the Heart of Fear bosses (at least the first 3, going to see how it works out with the Wind Lord next time). Going to ask at Howtopriest.com fir that.

Another thing is... I suddenly get Crit-Errors from WoW. Don't know why.
    AddOns I use for my Shadow Priest are: Omen, Atlas Loot, Bartender, HaloPro, ShadowPriestDot Timers, Tidy Plates, DBM, Grid, Recount, Wim, Postal and Bagnon. (Planning on throwing Atlas Loot and omen out of my interface, Decursive might get thrown out also... not so sure if I still have it running).
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

That does remind me; how viable is scrapping everything else for crit, int, and mastery on an arcane mage?, I'm mostly using a fire mage(where it seems to work decently, via sorch spam/dots), but she has arcane as offspec, and I've been curious about gearing it/improving it.
    Would it be worth getting a second set of gear for her offspec?
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

That does remind me; how viable is scrapping everything else for crit, int, and mastery on an arcane mage?, I'm mostly using a fire mage(where it seems to work decently, via sorch spam/dots), but she has arcane as offspec, and I've been curious about gearing it/improving it.
    Would it be worth getting a second set of gear for her offspec?
    Worthiness.... I don't know. Our Mage could change speccs depending on Bossfight (in some Arcane is stronger, in others Fire or Frost) but he mostly uses his Frost Specc as he dislikes Arcane and his Fire-Specc is "not worth it" due to him going mostly for Haste in his current gear and well I don't know about arcane. A second set could be worth it if you switch often but if your guild doesn't need it, then don't do it unless you are sure that it's going to be a Strong DPS boost. If you know for example: the next weeks I'm going to be Arcane instead of Fire, then simple reforging could do. For Garalon for example we send our Rogue back to a Reforger and then let him Reforge his gear for this fight, then afterwards go back and reforge back.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling a bit melancholy today.

When I first started playing back in Wrath I joined up with a guild that was well-known on the server, with an excellent rep going back to the early days of Classic. It was fun, I enjoyed the company, and I grew to love my time with it. I've got many fond memories and screenshots of my time with them.

Towards the end of Wrath though, the membership dwindled. The server (Scarshield Legion EU) was growing quieter and arguments began breaking out among members. People left for other guilds and other servers, but still I remained, hoping that the guild would return to how I remembered it. By the end of Wrath it was just me remaining.

Then I was offered a two-year masters course. Since I couldn't play over the college network, I dropped the game, though still followed events and eventually returned to the game. The official roster of the guild had dwindled even further, with no member having been online in over a year. But because of my fond memories, and because of the once-high status of the guild, I couldn't bring myself to simply abandon it. A lot of people on the server still had fond memories of its members, and the events they held. For a time then, I entertained thoughts of perhaps reviving the guild, and trying to bring back some of its glory days. Finally, last night, I sent off a message to the GMs asking if they could depose the old leader and put me in their place. This evening, I got a reply. It was apologetic, it was understanding. It was impossible. Because I had never been moved much higher than the lowest rank in the guild, my status wasn't high enough to dethrone the old leader. And GMs no longer had the capability of changing guild leadership. I can't recruit new members to the guild, so either I abandon the guild and its history, or I am forever alone as the Last Greywolf.

It's a hard decision.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Feeling a bit melancholy today.

When I first started playing back in Wrath I joined up with a guild that was well-known on the server, with an excellent rep going back to the early days of Classic. It was fun, I enjoyed the company, and I grew to love my time with it. I've got many fond memories and screenshots of my time with them.

Towards the end of Wrath though, the membership dwindled. The server (Scarshield Legion EU) was growing quieter and arguments began breaking out among members. People left for other guilds and other servers, but still I remained, hoping that the guild would return to how I remembered it. By the end of Wrath it was just me remaining.

Then I was offered a two-year masters course. Since I couldn't play over the college network, I dropped the game, though still followed events and eventually returned to the game. The official roster of the guild had dwindled even further, with no member having been online in over a year. But because of my fond memories, and because of the once-high status of the guild, I couldn't bring myself to simply abandon it. A lot of people on the server still had fond memories of its members, and the events they held. For a time then, I entertained thoughts of perhaps reviving the guild, and trying to bring back some of its glory days. Finally, last night, I sent off a message to the GMs asking if they could depose the old leader and put me in their place. This evening, I got a reply. It was apologetic, it was understanding. It was impossible. Because I had never been moved much higher than the lowest rank in the guild, my status wasn't high enough to dethrone the old leader. And GMs no longer had the capability of changing guild leadership. I can't recruit new members to the guild, so either I abandon the guild and its history, or I am forever alone as the Last Greywolf.

It's a hard decision.
    I know I sound like a ****** here, but... you have a title as hard to get as Scarab Lord, now. If the guild is as well known as you say, you can just keep that >text< above your name and hold your head high. Could lead to some great conversations, at least.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I know I sound like a ****** here, but... you have a title as hard to get as Scarab Lord, now. If the guild is as well known as you say, you can just keep that >text< above your name and hold your head high. Could lead to some great conversations, at least.
    Oh, it does. Especially given the tiny server population.

It's just lonely.

29. - Top - End - #239

Streaming MSV 10 man Normal in a few moments.
    Elegon progression, probably Will of the Emperors as well.
    www.livestream.com/karoht

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

A sort of raid related question("sort of" because it's about one of the old level 60 raids); is there any way to solo Prophet Skerem on a character other then a warlock or hunter?
    Meow(Steam page)