New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Nope. Manamune is once per 5 (?) seconds.
    Isn't Manamunean "on-cast" trigger as well?
    Hurricane is "on-hit" ??
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

More video from the land of Black Cleaver stacking Miss Fortune ults!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1CT0BFUsks
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ditto View Post
    Hurricane is "on-hit" ??
    Muramana has a toggle to deal extra damage. Manamune doesn't.

I don't know what you mean by 'Hurricane is "on-hit"??' On-hit effects, though, proc (go off) every time you autoattack something.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by 9mm; 2012-12-07 at 10:26 AM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Personally I very much dislike the oracle change and free wards items. These changes make vision a much more readily available commodity compared to when wards were insanely valuable and the enemy team getting an oracles was a serious threat.
    On the other hand it could make level 1s more exciting as well as make ganking more elaborate with a bigger payoff. Its also about tripled the value of pink wards, which is a pretty big deal.

I don't... not like it. I am unsure. That's what I'd say.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

Hurricane is an on-attack effect that procs on-hits.

Oracles should have been removed from the game, but this is a start.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Well look at that! And I just hit 6300 ip too....

Now I just hope she doesn't take like 3 months to come out.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, for a video of her abilities and special taunts stuff, Vi just hit the PBE and is looking pretty sweet. So did the snowdown showdown skins.

Vi I'm definitely interested in, which fits the trend of me and my friends alternating champion release interest; My bud is crazy about Nami, but I'm more looking forward to this one.

As for the snowdown skins... Riot I am disappoint All the skins are for AP characters, and 3 of them for older characters who already have a ton of special, limited, holiday skins and skins in general. Ziggs just got pool party like a few months ago, Fiddle is fiddle, etc. And beyond that, Ziggs and Fiddle get the full shebang of particle effects and stuff, whereas Kat and Veig just get recall animations, basically. Not really feelin' it.
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Christmas Eve

Christmas Cait.

Can we get a policy that when you do holiday skins, you at least do christmas skins for -recent- releases?

I mean, I personally advocate that "holiday" skins be re-released the next time that holiday comes around. But, like, Christmas Rengar. Come on! He could be green and look like the grinch!

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Christmas Eve

Christmas Cait.

Can we get a policy that when you do holiday skins, you at least do christmas skins for -recent- releases?

I mean, I personally advocate that "holiday" skins be re-released the next time that holiday comes around. But, like, Christmas Rengar. Come on! He could be green and look like the grinch!
    I just want to see Christmas Varus.

I would also accept Christmas Nocturne. All cheery and festive. Perhaps a "HO HO HO" when he activates Paranoia.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-12-07 at 01:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Christmas Eve

Christmas Cait.

They don't need to be RECENT, just not for champs that already have loads...
    On the other hand I have no money and am glad that there are no christmas skins I want. xD

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ditto View Post
    Hurricane is "on-hit" ??
    Manamune gives you bonus mana on cast/attack, max once every three seconds.
    Muramana drains 3% mana for twice that in magic damage on hit.

With hurricane/muramana, you drain 9% mana an attack.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I just want to see Christmas Varus.

I would also accept Christmas Nocturne. All cheery and festive. Perhaps a "HO HO HO" when he activates Paranoia.
    Best. I might go out to buy RP and grind for Nocturne if that skin existed. It would be the first time I bought RP for myself.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-12-07 at 02:59 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Is... is that a teacup?

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So m5 ran an interesting comp for the IEM Poland Qualifiers:

Xin Top
    Tank (Armor only) Malphite mid
    Lee Sin Jungle
    Sona/Corki bot

They were against CLG who had mid j4 and Nunu (Jungle)/Kog.

Alex Ich had 500 armor before W at the end of the game. Seems legit.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Is... is that a teacup?
    If she taunts nearby an enemy Caitlyn, she brings it out and does a mocking impression of Cait, including british accent and all. It's pretty funny.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Manamune gives you bonus mana on cast/attack, max once every three seconds.
    Muramana drains 3% mana for twice that in magic damage on hit.

With hurricane/muramana, you drain 9% mana an attack.
    Minor nitpick-esque question: Does it drain a proper 9% or does it drain 3% three times in instant sequence? Since this is current mana, the distinction will matter.

-------

Also, Muramana LeBlanc. The AD reduces her dependance on skills to farm/harass, with Seraph the toggle provides the equivalent of 200 AP on her Q and 142 AP on her Q-Ult, and once she has Athene's she gets most of her mana back if the target dies. It seems legit, someone talk me out of it.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Well, buying the Tear instead of going damage could get funky, but...

I think I'll try it in the next few days on Supportblanc and see how it goes.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Minor nitpick-esque question: Does it drain a proper 9% or does it drain 3% three times in instant sequence? Since this is current mana, the distinction will matter.
    Hmm. The cost is on fire, so I would assume it'd be 3% three times simultaneously, but you'd have to test it to be sure.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Colossus in the Playground

So, I just had a chance to play few games of S3 patch and I gotta say, I'm liking the new jungle. Seems like the amount of gold you get is really quite impressive. For instance, game I just had with Adumb:
    Spoiler
    Show

Combination of Crystal Flask + Rejuvination Beads > Philo + Kage's start and 9/9/12 (4 points in Greed) allowed me to actually get the highest gold in the team and almost finish my build. I and Adumb won us the game when enemy was 3-man pushing with Baron (Kha'Zix, Sejuani & Corki) at our Inhib tower, I respawn (followed by Adumb; rest of the respawns are quite far away), Q in and ult all 3; W+E+Ult + Tower (my AOE killed all creeps) take out the escaping Kha'Zix, I go onto Sejuani and get her to 200 but she dashes over the wall, Adumb helps me lock Corki down and duel him to death and I finish with a blind Bandage over the wall in our jungle hitting Sejuani who stayed back to try and help Corki.

Point being, I feel the amount of gold in the jungle is such now that you can actually play carry junglers and expect to get enough gold to carry at least to a degree.

Related question: How necessary do people find Hunter's Machete on champs like Mummy or Rammus? I don't really like any of the Spirit Stone builds on APmumu (Spectral Wraith is close but I don't really have room for items with no defensive stats in my build; Ancient Golem doesn't have anything offensive on the other hand so it doesn't fit) so I tried Crystal Flask and fast Philo instead which gave me decent sustain and a good access to Potions for the first ~15 mins or so.

However, our mid was Zed so I was able to pick up all blues which of course influenced my performance quite a bit. Still, I was going with very low sustain runes (Move Speed Quints, MPen Reds) and Masteries and was able to clear pretty reasonably in schedule and actually had the highest CS in the game ~20 mins in almost solely from the jungle so I feel the clear speed is still sufficient. But on the other hand the opportunity cost of just buying Machete and selling it later seems quite low. Guess this requires more testing.

Then again, I'm not really happy with the post-nerf Grail either but it just seems like it's the only item with all the stats I need (15% CDR to hit cap with blue, MR and Mana Reg with some AP). 60 AP just isn't all that much tho with Mummy's damage really relying on AP...
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-12-07 at 05:21 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Related question: How necessary do people find Hunter's Machete on champs like Mummy or Rammus? I don't really like any of the Spirit Stone builds on APmumu (Spectral Wraith is close but I don't really have room for items with no defensive stats in my build; Ancient Golem doesn't have anything offensive on the other hand so it doesn't fit) so I tried Crystal Flask and fast Philo instead which gave me decent sustain and a good access to Potions for the first ~15 mins or so.

However, our mid was Zed so I was able to pick up all blues which of course influenced my performance quite a bit. Still, I was going with very low sustain runes (Move Speed Quints, MPen Reds) and Masteries and was able to clear pretty reasonably in schedule and actually had the highest CS in the game ~20 mins in almost solely from the jungle so I feel the clear speed is still sufficient. But on the other hand the opportunity cost of just buying Machete and selling it later seems quite low. Guess this requires more testing.

Then again, I'm not really happy with the post-nerf Grail either but it just seems like it's the only item with all the stats I need (15% CDR to hit cap with blue, MR and Mana Reg with some AP). 60 AP just isn't all that much tho with Mummy's damage really relying on AP...
    I've had no problem with machete and straight skipping philo on mummy. Just get the spirit stone upgrade with the giants belt, the went sorcs and abyssal, did just fine being a grenade.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Colossus in the Playground

I've had no problem with machete and straight skipping philo on mummy. Just get the spirit stone upgrade with the giants belt, the went sorcs and abyssal, did just fine being a grenade.
    I'm just liking the Gold/10 aspect even more now that it's 100 gold cheaper and jungle gives a bit more gold; so easy to get on the first back. I got 1000 gold in addition to the 350 (or whatever) selling price for the Philo, almost doubling my investment overall all the while providing a handy sustain increase for the jungle. KG's was more dodgy, only totaling like 600 by the end (so I was only 200 ahead) and none of the build options from it are that interesting.

I'm doubting my ability to deal enough damage if I invest 2400 (or I guess 2100 and Machete) into a purely defensive item in the start (especially since the opportunity cost of skipping Philo puts me even further behind in gold compared to where I could be down the road).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Bugbear in the Playground

On a completely unrelated note, Fiddles says "**** your machete, I don't even want it."
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... Top lane bruiser Graves. Viable (even if only for bot game silliness) or absolute heresy? I mean, his passive gives him survivability, his q wants him to be close up, and he has a gap closer in the form of e. Might try this the next time my friends want me to play co-op with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

I've tried similar, in the form of Bruiser Vayne. Early on you have problems due to the early game squishiness many ADCs have, but I've only done it a few times so that could only be against some laners.

Later on it's pretty cool. Since I tend to play ADCs in an unusual manner (I do things weirdly - as super tanky types I don't realize how much punishment I can take so stay at the edge of a fight but as ADCs I dive in to kill someone), Bruiser Vayne was wonderful because I could run around hitting for tons of damage and live, despite jumping into the fray.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Hmmm... Top lane bruiser Graves. Viable (even if only for bot game silliness) or absolute heresy? I mean, his passive gives him survivability, his q wants him to be close up, and he has a gap closer in the form of e. Might try this the next time my friends want me to play co-op with them.
    He's not the worst top laner, but he still loses to bruisers who can gapclose onto him and his mana costs are ridiculous. You can't really get away with building him as a bruiser, though, especially in the current s3 climate.

He's MUCH better mid, though. Like damn. Mid Graves is ridiculous. Double AD works really well with the S3 midgame remakes, and so as long as you pick up some form of initiation and magic damage from your support/jungle/top (leona/nunu/amumu/malphite/hecarim/gragas/etc) your lategame is monstrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I've tried similar, in the form of Bruiser Vayne. Early on you have problems due to the early game squishiness many ADCs have, but I've only done it a few times so that could only be against some laners.
    The big difference, I think, is that one of these champions is good at laning and the other is complete trash.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-12-07 at 06:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else having trouble logging in? The site says the NA server is Online, but when I try, it simply says 'undefined'.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Anyone else having trouble logging in? The site says the NA server is Online, but when I try, it simply says 'undefined'.
    Yeah, same here. Dunno why.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    He's MUCH better mid, though. Like damn. Mid Graves is ridiculous. Double AD works really well with the S3 midgame remakes, and so as long as you pick up some form of initiation and magic damage from your support/jungle/top (leona/nunu/amumu/malphite/hecarim/gragas/etc) your lategame is monstrous.
    Me and Aether should just form a team and only play double AD Graves mid.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, that's why.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    If you're not sold on the spirit upgrades, Spirit Stone itself seems quite strong in general. It costs as much and gives all the same stats as old-Philo, minus the Gp5 and plus all the minion-damage. Basically, if you were going Philo in S2 jungle, I think its incredibly easy to switch Spirit Stone in S3.

Although, like I said, I haven't figured S3 jungle out quite yet, myself.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):