New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    I keep thinking we're talking about War of the Worlds here. I loved that radioplay.

Goooodbye, Thunderchild...

edit: and on that note, I'm off to bed! Good night everybody, live long and prosper!
    Goodnight. I prefer the musical though. 'Cause it has songs.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    What about the TV series? The live-action stage play? The audiobooks*?

*Yes, there are audiobooks as well as the radioplay.
    Is there really a live-action stage play? Or is that just a joke? (Because if it's not, then I know what to convince the drama club at my school to perform this season.)
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Is there really a live-action stage play? (Because if it's not, then I know what to convince the drama club at my school to perform this season.)
    I think so, though I'm not sure where you could find it.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2009-04-12 at 10:43 AM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Time to take the thread totally off topic !

Family and I are going tothe Omaha Zoo later today... It's probably amongst the top 5 Zoo's in the world, and they truly have everything there... What should we see first ?
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post

Family and I are going tothe Omaha Zoo later today... It's probably amongst the top 5 Zoo's in the world, and they truly have everything there... What should we see first ?
    You should see the Gorillas/Apes/Monkeys, the Tigers/Lions/other big cats, the Elephants, the Hippos and the Rhinos. In that order.
    Because they are the coolest animals. Unless it has wolves/birds of prey/dinosaurs. Then you should go see those animals as well.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 10:47 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Is there really a live-action stage play? Or is that just a joke? (Because if it's not, then I know what to convince the drama club at my school to perform this season.)
    There have been at least three different stage shows.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't mean to be offensive, but doesn't it bug you a little? I'm personally the "get up and go" type, and it's never to early to start "acheiveing".

But, hey, however people want to live their lives is fine with me, so long as they don't hurt, physically or emotionally, others in the process. And I know you're not the type to do that
    Just wanna throw my hat into the ring as another non-risk-taker. I've never even pumped my own gas (though that probably has more to do with the fact that it's illegal to do so in the state in which I live than with any particular fear of gas pumps).

Just sayin'. I love travel, but I despise planning trips, and if I were left to my own devices, I would probably spend my life at home. Reading.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground

Go see the animals that don't sleep during the day.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pandas. They're awesome.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Just sayin'. I love travel, but I despise planning trips, and if I were left to my own devices, I would probably spend my life at home. Reading.
    The lady speaks fine words of wisdom.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

I don't mean to be offensive, but doesn't it bug you a little? I'm personally the "get up and go" type, and it's never to early to start "acheiveing".

But, hey, however people want to live their lives is fine with me, so long as they don't hurt, physically or emotionally, others in the process. And I know you're not the type to do that
    Yes, it bugs me a little sometimes. But I doubt a five minute pep talk would fix me up, and I don't think seeing a shrink would be a good idea. Mainly because there's no way I could do it without my mother knowing, and I really don't want to put her under any kind of stress. I know she would worry a lot.

So the only person who can fix me is me.

We'll see how that goes.

If I can muster up the effort.

I guess I'm still holding on to my passive lifestyle in the rapidly fading hope that time will fix me, or college, but we'll just see how things turn out, I guess.

I think part of my problem is also that I have so many things that I want to do that I end up not knowing where to start.

I do travel a lot, though. I'm going to India and Laos this summer. And I'm going back to Thailand for a week to see some friends of mine there.

Traveling is one of the joys of my life. Perhaps because I can forget my own world and immerse myself completely in another.

And I'm rambling again.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-12 at 11:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372

If left to my own devices, I spend quite a bit of my life at home on the internet, and sometimes reading. Lately I try to do other stuff (Unfortunately I seem to have rather bad timing sometimes)
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Risk taking? I walk the middle line. I'll take some risks, avoid others. I tend to be a bit on the cautious side side, though. Not quite middle line. Just off-centre.

...Whut? For some reason, centre looks more correct than center.
    What's happening to me?!
    This avatar by Phase.

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    ...Whut? For some reason, centre looks more correct than center.
    What's happening to me?!
    You're learning to spell. Don't worry. It had to happen some time.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    You're learning to spell. Don't worry. It had to happen some time.
    And now the healing process can begin.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Playing Rutskarn in a campaign session today.

The bonus XP points for Artificer item creation are a lot like being given 15 dollars a day meals allowance on a business trip. You're either going to be dipping into your own cash or loading up on junk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

I tend to think grey looks better than gray. dunno why, just less ugly. I also spell liter litre, but that's about as "correct" of spelling I use.

I still dunno why you guys like 'u's so much, does the key stick?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I parse grey as being more bluish, while gray is more yellowish.

From what I can tell, this is a common phenomenon.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-04-12 at 12:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I parse grey as being more bluish, while gray is more yellowish.

From what I can tell, this is a common phenomenon.
    For synaesthetics, maybe?
    I get no such thing from those words.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Yes, it bugs me a little sometimes. But I doubt a five minute pep talk would fix me up, and I don't think seeing a shrink would be a good idea. Mainly because there's no way I could do it without my mother knowing, and I really don't want to put her under any kind of stress. I know she would worry a lot.

So the only person who can fix me is me.

We'll see how that goes.

If I can muster up the effort.

I guess I'm still holding on to my passive lifestyle in the rapidly fading hope that time will fix me, or college, but we'll just see how things turn out, I guess.

I think part of my problem is also that I have so many things that I want to do that I end up not knowing where to start.

I do travel a lot, though. I'm going to India and Laos this summer. And I'm going back to Thailand for a week to see some friends of mine there.

Traveling is one of the joys of my life. Perhaps because I can forget my own world and immerse myself completely in another.

And I'm rambling again.
    Dammit, Sneak! Stop being similar to myself in every aspect imaginable!

You too, Rutskarn. Be like someone else. I was here billions of years before you guys.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

...sorry...

IMO, "grey" has a more noble and distinguished feel to it, while "gray" is just somewhat old, worn-down, and ratty.

For example...

Russian Blue: Grey

Spoiler
    Show

Eeyore: Gray

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Also, I just realized that I always think of "grey" as being light, like silver. "Gray" can be light, but while "gray" can also be dark, "grey" cannot.

If that makes sense.

Which it doesn't.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-12 at 01:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

...sorry...

IMO, "grey" has a more noble and distinguished feel to it, while "gray" is just somewhat old, worn-down, and ratty.

For example...

Russian Blue: Grey

Spoiler
    Show

Eeyore: Gray

Spoiler
    Show

So grey is all noble and everything, while gray is just depressed and wishes to die?
    Seriously, Eeyore is not happy, he dreams longingly of his death, he wants to die, it'd be a mercy killing.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Seriously, Eeyore is not happy, he dreams longingly of his death, he wants to die, it'd be a mercy killing.
    That's...

That would be less truly disturbing without the small big grin there. The words "mercy killing" do not denote happiness...

24. - Top - End - #384

I just prefer the word grey. Gray sounds like a last name, while grey sounds like a color. And I just think senter and theater are more correct, because of their phoneticness. Kind of hypocritical, given my name, but that is a name, so it gets a pass.

Also, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ndGreyMorality
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-04-12 at 01:10 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    That's...

That would be less truly disturbing without the small big grin there. The words "mercy killing" do not denote happiness...
    ...I agree.

Also, despite my distinction between "grey" and "gray," I pretty much never use "grey."
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-12 at 01:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

...I agree.

Also, despite my distinction between "grey" and "gray," I pretty much never use "grey."
    ...I... I just noticed how cool your avatar is.
    This avatar by Phase.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    That's...

I was joking. No one shall ever hurt Winnie the Pooh and his friends.
    Except for that time at DisneyLand Paris where Jafar pushed Tigger off of the stage and had a fight with him.
    Boxing's what Tiggers do best!
    On the subjecy of grey and gray, I commonly use the word grey.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    ...I... I just noticed how cool your avatar is.
    Subtly cool. Exactly what I was going for.

In all seriousness: thanks.

And...just for good measure...

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I was joking. No one shall ever hurt Winnie the Pooh and his friends.
    Except for that time at DisneyLand Paris where Jafar pushed Tigger off of the stage and had a fight with him.
    Boxing's what Tiggers do best!
    On the subjecy of grey and gray, I commonly use the word grey.
    If there is only one Tigger, then how can there be something that more than one Tigger can do best? As for the color gray, the spell checker says that grey is incorrect, but the old English spelling is more difficult to vandalize.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    If there is only one Tigger, then how can there be something that more than one Tigger can do best? As for the color gray, the spell checker says that grey is incorrect, but the old English spelling is more difficult to vandalize.
    Tigger always believed that there were other Tiggers out there, which would be his family. Unfortunately, he never found them. This was unfortunate for him, yet very fortunate for everyone else. (for various reasons that you should just guess)

Grey just sounds right to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle