New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Gwyn's Tower/Foxglove's Grove/The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Wrymple excitedly cooed seeing papa home with mama but got easily confused by papa's expression, and mama's expression too. It worried cooed and noised as it hesitantly crawled towards them.

Gwynfillion just remained there, not saying anything, fearing her tongue had the ability of making this all worse.
    Grills walked up to the platters of food he made earlier after petting the wurm. The meal went cold in his absence. A little dragon fire reheated it but he knew reheated food was never as good as freshly cooked. "I made breakfast. A lot of it. I tend to do so when worried."

The pony chef turned his head over to Gwyn. He saw her expression and could take it no longer. Grills galloped over to her and hugged her. "I am a hypocrite really" he whispered in her ear. "I am always worried about others but hate being worried over. But if you ever worry about my safety, I want you to tell me. If you worry about your own, I want you to tell me. I understand the reason to keep secrets but don't keep that from me. I fell for a pony that spoke her mind, not one that hid it."

Sugar stood band and stared hard at the ponies. She found them closeness odd but was slightly accepting it. But Grills' attitude hid cause a soft growl at the mare as the pet read her master.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Gwyn's Tower/Foxglove's Grove/The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills walked up to the platters of food he made earlier after petting the wurm. The meal went cold in his absence. A little dragon fire reheated it but he knew reheated food was never as good as freshly cooked. "I made breakfast. A lot of it. I tend to do so when worried."

The pony chef turned his head over to Gwyn. He saw her expression and could take it no longer. Grills galloped over to her and hugged her. "I am a hypocrite really" he whispered in her ear. "I am always worried about others but hate being worried over. But if you ever worry about my safety, I want you to tell me. If you worry about your own, I want you to tell me. I understand the reason to keep secrets but don't keep that from me. I fell for a pony that spoke her mind, not one that hid it."

Sugar stood band and stared hard at the ponies. She found their closeness odd but was slightly accepting it. But Grills' attitude hid cause a soft growl at the mare as the pet read her master.
    "I'm...sorry Grills..." She said softly after he hugged her and said his piece. Like it or not, she was going to worry about him, for him, it came with the whole 'love' thing.

"I'm worried about your safety Grills, there, I've officially declared it. I'm worried you'll get hurt on my account."
    Her tongue betrayed her, and she still remained not looking directly at him as she spoke. Lest he see the tears welling up in an act of betrayal too against her.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'm...sorry Grills..." She said softly after he hugged her and said his piece. Like it or not, she was going to worry about him, for him, it came with the whole 'love' thing.

"I'm worried about your safety Grills, there, I've officially declared it. I'm worried you'll get hurt on my account."
    Her tongue betrayed her, and she still remained not looking directly at him as she spoke. Lest he see the tears welling up in an act of betrayal too against her.
    "I am going to ask for another promise. A promise that if anyone of us is planning to do something stupid... like challenge a legendary nightmare pony, we will tell the other. It is better to worried over potential danger than be shocked when the danger suddenly comes." Grills rushed through the part about Simmer. Part of him wanted to hear Gwyn plead for him to stay. That is why he mentioned it. He was scared.

But there was a part that wanted to challenge Simmer. Not even as some sort of white knight heroics. Grills wanted to show off to his mother. To shut her up. Maybe even a "Well done son". Deep down, the pony chef wanted his mother's approval.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

"I am going to ask for another promise. A promise that if anyone of us is planning to do something stupid... like challenge a legendary nightmare pony, we will tell the other. It is better to worried over potential danger than be shocked when the danger suddenly comes." Grills rushed through the part about Simmer. Part of him wanted to hear Gwyn plead for him to stay. That is why he mentioned it. He was scared.

But there was a part that wanted to challenge Simmer. Not even as some sort of white knight heroics. Grills wanted to show off to his mother. To shut her up. Maybe even a "Well done son". Deep down, the pony chef wanted his mother's approval.

She couldn't make that promise, well, at least keep it when it mattered. She removed her glasses and wiped her eyes before the tears had chance to streak down her face. Her glasses stained from splotches of dried tears, she let them drop to the floor. "Grills..." She began slowly. "I...I don't know...if I could keep that promise..." She let out a quiet shudder.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She couldn't make that promise, well, at least keep it when it mattered. She removed her glasses and wiped her eyes before the tears had chance to streak down her face. Her glasses stained from splotches of dried tears, she let them drop to the floor. "Grills..." She began slowly. "I...I don't know...if I could keep that promise..." She let out a quiet shudder.
    "Why n-" He stopped himself before finishing the question. "I just what you to know that my help is available should you choose to accept it."

Grills knew he shouldn't have let it go. His heavy sigh and half closed eye signaled this. He wanted to force an answer out of Gwyn because she was clearly heading into a bad path. But he doesn't, instead he faked nonchalance and disengaged. The stallion stroked her mane once or twice before releasing the hug. "Well I better go. Sandy is waiting for me. And then I have so much to do to del with this Simmer thing. Can you watch my dog for me?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

"Why n-" He stopped himself before finishing the question. "I just what you to know that my help is available should you choose to accept it."

Grills knew he shouldn't have let it go. His heavy sigh and half closed eye signaled this. He wanted to force an answer out of Gwyn because she was clearly heading into a bad path. But he doesn't, instead he faked nonchalance and disengaged. The stallion stroked her mane once or twice before releasing the hug. "Well I better go. Sandy is waiting for me. And then I have so much to do to deal with this Simmer thing. Can you watch my dog for me?"

"Grills...I...I don't want you fighting...Simmer...that thing is too powerful....I....don't want to lose you,"
    Angst. She pleaded finally turning to face him. She knew she was being selfish, especially after saying she couldn't keep the promise Grills wanted her to keep. But...she didn't want to lose him, even if the wall she reconstructed between the two again might threaten it anyway.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Grills...I...I don't want you fighting...Simmer...that thing is too powerful....I....don't want to lose you,"
    Angst. She pleaded finally turning to face him. She knew she was being selfish, especially after saying she couldn't keep the promise Grills wanted her to keep. But...she didn't want to lose him, even if the wall she reconstructed between the two again might threaten it anyway.
    Grills turned away from Gwyn. He couldn't lie to her face. "I..I have.. to. You know ... honor or some such thing. I..I just have to."

He was now driven to defeat Simmer. He was jealous. Whatever thing that Gwyn could not reveal to him, she was able to trust in Simmer. It made his blood boil in green envy. It made his nose scrunch up and brow furrow. One a moment he perceived Simmer as his better and Grills had to face him. With force he said before preparing his fiery teleport. "I must go."

(Gwyn has a chance to interrupt his teleport)
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Melodrama @ The Lavender Tower

Unfortunately, the plum mare hesitated in her protests to not have him go, much too late.

She watched him dramatically teleport away with an outreaching hoof that she slowly pulled back toward her chest.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    The Morning After Nightmare Night

After the call for the evacuation, Foxglove had...gone back to the woods. She had, with Snickers' (and Dawn's?) help, gone and gathered up all the animals she could, and brought them back to the grove. Since there were animals who could not leave the grove, it would be best to center her defense there... That was her thinking.

Because they were scared -- of course they were. The air was wrong. The plants were wilting like a hard summer. And Foxglove was scared.
    ...And because they were scared, she was waiting in front of her tree just before dawn, as she had been waiting since she arrived. For the first sign of trouble or something she could do.
    Purple Pepper

Of course a certain purple earth pony snuck out the Civic Center and was walking in the forest at the time. She wondered where are the animals went. "Animals! Animals! Aminals! Where are you all?! " she calls out.

Grills

So the unicorn teleported away with no interruption. Back in the forest, Grills drooped his head as he trotted over Sandy. His face windowed the pitifully forlorn mentality he felt. "Let's go, Sandy" he said in a droll but sad voice. He found humor in this situation.

Figures something like this would happen.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-02-21 at 07:08 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

So the unicorn teleported away with no interruption. Back in the forest, Grills drooped his head as he trotted over Sandy. His face windowed the pitifully forlorn mentality he felt. "Let's go, Sandy" he said in a droll but sad voice. He found humor in this situation.

Figures something like this would happen.
    Sandy, by all appearances, hadn't moved from his spot on the grass. He jumped up on his hooves and grinned at the downcast Grills. "Ahlrighty then, Mister Gills. Ahhhhhhhh'm ready." The little pegasus flopped over onto Grills' back, marveling at the wonders his imagination stuck in front of him.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy, by all appearances, hadn't moved from his spot on the grass. He jumped up on his hooves and grinned at the downcast Grills. "Ahlrighty then, Mister Gills. Ahhhhhhhh'm ready." The little pegasus flopped over onto Grills' back, marveling at the wonders his imagination stuck in front of him.
    "You didn't have to get on my..." said the depressed pony. He sighed and yawned. All this teleporting was tiring. "Let's go."

And the two stallions fizzled away in a moderately sized fire. He didn't even bother to make it flashy.

(Off to General? or Is it Downtown where the Center is located?)
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Purple Pepper

Of course a certain purple earth pony snuck out the Civic Center and was walking in the forest at the time. She wondered where are the animals went. "Animals! Animals! Aminals! Where are you all?! " she calls out.
    Foxglove let one of her traps fly, hearing someone strange calling for animals.
    It was a tree branch she had bent back a little. It hit the ground in front of Purple, missing entirely. Foxglove stuck her head over the branch and saw Purple. Her wheels turned.

"...I wonder where I could get a polygraph machine at this hour..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers - Foxglove's House

Snickers had been asleep. Specifically, he was passed out in Foxglove's kitchen, his head laying in a pile of baked goods. All around him were stacks of gingerbread ponies, piled and piled almost to the ceiling in some places. The kitchen was, naturally, a wreck. Unwashed pots and pans, bowls of dough and mixes, spoons and knives and spatulas, and various oven mitts were scattered all over the counters, table, and floor. The baker pony had, more than likely, been up most of the night baking.

But the moment he heard the sound of the tree-limb trap being sprung, he hopped to his hooves, wide awake. And with a bagel stuck around his eye, which looked like a baked monocle. "Gah! Foxglove! What's going on?!" he yelped, half-drunk with fatigue. He promptly tried to take flight, only to smash into the table and cartwheel out the nearest open window.

"......ow," he mutters, sprawled out in the grass. He then looks up at Foxglove and Purple Pepper, blinking the sleep and confusion out of his eyes. "Oh, there you are. What'd I miss?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove let one of her traps fly, hearing someone strange calling for animals.
    It was a tree branch she had bent back a little. It hit the ground in front of Purple, missing entirely. Foxglove stuck her head over the branch and saw Purple. Her wheels turned.

"...I wonder where I could get a polygraph machine at this hour..."
    "I don't know. Mine is in the shop" Purple tapped her chin to deepen her thought. "Do you have one of those rooms with one of those mirror that are see-thru on one side. But then who will be the chief."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers - Foxglove's House

Snickers had been asleep. Specifically, he was passed out in Foxglove's kitchen, his head laying in a pile of baked goods. All around him were stacks of gingerbread ponies, piled and piled almost to the ceiling in some places. The kitchen was, naturally, a wreck. Unwashed pots and pans, bowls of dough and mixes, spoons and knives and spatulas, and various oven mitts were scattered all over the counters, table, and floor. The baker pony had, more than likely, been up most of the night baking.

But the moment he heard the sound of the tree-limb trap being sprung, he hopped to his hooves, wide awake. And with a bagel stuck around his eye, which looked like a baked monocle. "Gah! Foxglove! What's going on?!" he yelped, half-drunk with fatigue. He promptly tried to take flight, only to smash into the table and cartwheel out the nearest open window.

"......ow," he mutters, sprawled out in the grass. He then looks up at Foxglove and Purple Pepper, blinking the sleep and confusion out of his eyes. "Oh, there you are. What'd I miss?"
    The mare was a bit surprised by Snickerdoodle's entrance. "The trap rolled a natural 1. Too bad it doesn't self reset."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Pixie in the Playground

A dark mist was starting to rise from some of the plants that were wilting, slowly forming into shapes and forms similar to ponies.

[ think what dryads and nature spirits would look like if they were based on ponies instead of humans. ;) ]

They looked so sad too, and the dark mist seemed to be more of a shell around the poor spirits the more one looked.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know. Mine is in the shop" Purple tapped her chin to deepen her thought. "Do you have one of those rooms with one of those mirror that are see-thru on one side. But then who will be the chief."

The mare was a bit surprised by Snickerdoodle's entrance. "The trap rolled a natural 1. Too bad it doesn't self reset."
    "No, I don't have a room like that... I don't even have a bright lamp!"

Foxglove looked very anxious about this sudden inability to tell if Purple was telling the truth about... Ummm.... What was Foxglove going to ask her, anyway?

She turned to Snickers as he burst onto the scene. She looked at him for a moment, then back at Purple, then at the spirits lingering in the air, then at the sky.

"...We've decided I can't interrogate her about if she's what everyone's hiding from."

Was her addition to the recap.

To the spirits she turned this time, looking at them carefully. She didn't actually know what they were, only that they looked like they needed help.

"...Are you OK?...If you're scared of the monster that might be this mare, too, then you can come into the grove with us, alright?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers leaps to his feet, wide awake upon seeing the creepy spirit things. "Oh wow. Um, Foxglove, I don't think you need to worry about the purple pony. Actually, have we met?" the Pegasus momentarily turns towards Purple Pepper, tilting his head slightly.

Looking back at the spirit things, he frowns. "Um... What should we do? Are they dangerous? Do they need help? I suppose I could give them some cookies..."

Also, the bagel is still stuck to his face.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yeah. Mom only calls my a little monster." states Purple. She goes into one of her costume change transformations. This time a s a noble k knight. "I am Purple Pepper. Daughter of Peppermint. Lady of Lemonade Lake. Slayer of the Donut Giant."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"That was YOU?!" Snickers recoils in horror at the mention of the donut giant.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "That was YOU?!" Snickers recoils in horror at the mention of the donut giant.
    "When will ponies learn that you can't animate baked goods so they could bake themselves?" Purple shakes her head. "Unfortunately I knew about its weakness to coffee. It deals double damage to unsprinkled donuts."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion-Her Tower-Somewhere Deep in the Blighted Weald

The plum mare stared at the place where Grills was at last before he teleported away for a long while in a stupor like state. She cursed herself for her foolishness. Because of her, he was going only get hurt trying to face off against that cursed living armor. She cursed herself for letting herself get fooled. No, she cursed herself because she dang knew this was going to happen, but she foolishly went through with it anyway on the slim note that maybe....just maybe it might not go the way she 'knew' it would.

She recovered from her stupor when Wrymple approached her and rubbed its head against her side. She glanced down at the beast creature with a wan smile.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

"When will ponies learn that you can't animate baked goods so they could bake themselves?" Purple shakes her head. "Unfortunately I knew about its weakness to coffee. It deals double damage to unsprinkled donuts."
    "The qualities that define life..."

Foxglove muttered, neither to the spirits nor to Purple or Snickers, but to some undefined space among the trees,

"He can, so he must, at least sometimes. Letting something climb ladder to being alive, quality by quality...Everything wants to be alive, right?"

She at last turned her head back to the spirits, as if asking in her roundabout way if they, too, wanted to 'be alive,' a phrase she used so distinctly that it almost certainly didn't mean the same thing as simply living, with the respiration and reproduction and all of that.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers frowns slightly. "Right. Coffee. Always coffee..." he mutters the last bit mostly to himself.

He then looks over to Foxglove, and then follows her stare to the spirits. "Well, gimme a moment, and I'll get them some cookies." The pegasus then hops up into the air, flaps his wings, and starts to hover. He waits a moment to see if anybody has anything to tell him, otherwise he'll be flying back inside.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple

"So nature dudes and dudettes, what seems to be your predicament? Is it related to.. chlorophyll?" hums the earth pony right before Snickerdoodle departs. Purple is not knowledgeable when it comes to nature. She figures nature spirits means plant problem. Thus it has to be about greenness or the sun. "Did the emergency block of the sun? We need a candy loving baby then. I wonder if Soft would let's us borrow Hullabaloo?."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Pixie in the Playground

The spirits wavered to and fro, some hiding their faces with leaf covered hooves, others simply frowning or looking down. There was no answer to their questions, at least...not one any of them could hear.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

It is worth pointing out that Foxglove does have a natural empathy in employ here, so simple words or lack thereof weren't as important. She took in their avoiding of their faces and offered a simple, welcoming smile.

"Don't worry; there's nothing to be afraid of with us. But if you can't come into the grove with us... Why don't we just stand guard here, so you'll be safe, too?"

She offered in a voice different from her normal tones: normally, her speech followed a monotone of unreliable pace, becoming more or less quick as she saw fit. When she was truly comfortable and engaged, her voice took on color and life to more-or-less extent. This wasn't either of those voices -- it was smooth and rounded, a voice delicate as a paperwhite's petals and gentle as a mother doe. It was the voice that became a launching point for The Voice, if she needed it to be.

She took a few steps toward them, telegraphing her movements carefully so as to not startle them.
    "Now, what's all this gunk about?"
    She was reffering to the dark shell.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers flutters back into Foxglove's lair, and begins to pile gingerbread ponies onto a platter.

A low growl comes from the oven.

"No no, not yet. I'll let you know if we need you..." he mutters to whatever is in the appliance.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yeah. What's wrong? We won't hurt you." Purple injects. She waves to the spirits with friendly smile.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Pixie in the Playground

From what she could feel from the spirits, they were very sad and felt 'trapped'. As if something was holding them from the plants they were part of, and making them feel so lonely because of it.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove looked at them, figuring out the stuff in the above post and trying to put together what to do about it.

She began to pace, with the slow aimlessness of a cloud, around the spirits.

"It's that black stuff, isn't it? That...misty stuff? It's kind of a hard mist... Mist-ice? Like hail, but lighter... Magic isn't my specialty, so I don't...Snickers is good with big secret magic cookie stuff...But until he gets back... "

She wasn't exactly sure how to go about getting rid of it, though. She pawed at the dark shell, but presumably it was intangible, being a spirit and all. That dark shell that held them down... The way they seemed wilted and sad like the plants in the woods... She raised her head, her memories of what happened with Fireflower played in her head. Snickers almost got arrested (not really, but whatever you think, Foxglove) because she couldn't fight her own battles. She brightened, becoming cheerfully flower-like herself.

"...Undermine it from the inside -- become bigger than the shell, like water underground expanding and cracking the earth... Maybe if you feel better, you'll be able to fight it off? ...I could help, unless I can't. Sometimes I'm not good at helping."

She started off mumbling, but eventually picked up steam.

That, at least, she could probably do. She knew how to make plants better really well.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-02-28 at 10:52 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)