New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

cool My Little Pony II: Now About 20% Cooler

New Pony Thread?

New Pony Thread!

This is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, awesome new show on the Hub. Following on from the previous thread.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-03-03 at 05:09 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony II: Now About 20% Cooler

In kids shows, it's just assumed that "Boys will (eventually) like girls and girls will (eventually) like boys" and that that is part of growing up. Y'know what I want to see, thought? A show (Maybe MLP, I almost hope so) that challenges this assumption by saying "We have a character that will grow (has grown) up to like the same sex".
    The creator of Gargoyles has stated that Lexington was gay, but he could only do so much with that aspect of his character. Apparently, you can find "subtle hints" if you know what to look for.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Aw... Okay, next thread is Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Darn it! I was writing a new thread and you ninja'd me!

Here's an intro post:

Old Thread

Spoiler
    Show

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust. It's primary demographic is 11 year old girls, it's secondary demographic is the entire internet. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humor, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No brony could ask for more. I reccomend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up publically because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Woah, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway.

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the internet. Pony themed fanart is abundant and often excellent.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Hooves

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Dr. Whooves is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he saves time and space very quietly off camera.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-02 at 10:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet. Reposting:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    A friend of mine posted an interesting though I'd like to share.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tavi
    So, if Gilda is the justification for how Rainbow Dash ended up the way she is - somewhat self-centered and has difficulty showing empathy for others - I thought, why not Fluttershy too? What if this rumored "Flight School" is analogous to the often harsh environment of our high schools, with bullies all about. Rainbow Dash dealt with it by making herself tough, whereas Fluttershy did the opposite and avoids all conflict. Do you think that's believable?
    Also, I cannot even believe this exists: http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/0...tical-economy/

Also also:

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    > Derpy Hooves/Doctor Hooves

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". Dr. Whooves is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he saves time and space very quietly off camera.
    1) It's Doctor Whoof, not Doctor Whooves.

2) We've seen it canon that Derpy works for a moving company. Not entirely different, but still.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-03-02 at 10:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Sweet. Reposting:
    I could see that as possible, but that's more of a stretch than it is for Dash. Dash having a troubled upbringing is directly implied by the show; we don't have anything on Fluttershy's background yet. It's something worth considering, though.

Let's get this thread rolling proper with some Fluttershy related fanart

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-02 at 10:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yay, new thread! Doctor Whooves and Derpy are great.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #8

And let's get all disney princess on dis

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

And let's get all disney princess on dis

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    So. Adorable. I squealed with glee.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

@^: Sounds believable, actually. Though they might've never interacted in Cloudsdale, they might've had the "high school experience".

Kinda bothers me that the new thread started so quickly. Don't we usually wait until the end of page 50?

Ah well...copying over quote replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post

I have severely lacked the time to do another review, all while fighting the strong impulse to just put on MLP and enjoy it effortlessly.
    However, I've stood strong and only played "It's the best place for me" and "Pinkie's No Fear Song" a small bazillion times. I can't wait to expand that repetoire with more songs.
    Those don't even come close to the best songs in the series. Seriously.

Pinkie is acting manic. I have no idea what she's trying to tell Twilight - and I'm not sure she herself knows, either.
    She's talking about how cool Rainbow Dash is. It's a little fast-paced and hard to catch, but that's the general jist of her conversation. It helps if you hear her say "Rainbow Dash" at the beginning. Otherwise she could be talking about anypony.

But Pinkie is soon distracted by someone more interesting than Twilight (can't say I blame her), as she runs off after Rainbow.
    But Rainbow... tries to out-fly her? Huh? I thought the two were on good terms? On second thought, I don't think we've ever seen them interact directly, so there could easily be some as-of-yet-unexplained hostility. It doesn't seem to be from Pinkie's side, though.
    Near as I can tell, it's just Pinkie Pie's overentusiastic nature, and Rainbow not wanting to be bothered.

Surely you've known someone like this? Someone who is alawys full of energy, always trying to get you to try something new, even when you are lacking any form of enthusiasm?

And it's possible she was busy trying to prepare for Gilda's arrival...so she may have genuinely been busy...though that kind of gets blown away when you see her taking a nap in the clouds. So maybe she was just tired.

Yay, intro song! It's so pink and sparkly and cheesy, but I love it. I'm five episodes in, and I love it.
    Lessee...
    1st episode: "I'm not sure I'll ever grow to like that".
    2nd episode: "It's a bad song, but it invokes happiness."
    3rd episode: "Squee! *rewatches*"
    4th episode: "Song puts me in my own little happy-place of ponies!"
    At this curve, the intro song is going to cure cancer by episode 7.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE COMPLEAT.

I'm starting to fall in love with Pinkie's bouncing. This is a pretty drastic transformation in my attitude towards the show.
    I... I can feel the snark leaving me...
    Probably for the best. This show is too good to snark.
    Pinkie can be annoying at times, but she's so lighthearted about it, it's hard to stay mad at her.

Oh hey, a hint of conflict! Pinkie refuses to prank Fluttershy, since she's so sensitive. I'm not sure I believe that - especially since a certain thread recently erupted with "Fluttershy is so badass!"... but let's accept it for now. After all, that's what Pinkie believes, and Rainbow agrees.
    To be fair, it really only shows up when she needs to protect her friends. Otherwise, she's still Fluttershy.

I like the final shot of the scene, though. Fluttershy examining the rubber duck is gosh darn adorable!
    It truly is. I squee every time I see that. <3 It was a turtle though. Since I've been watching this episode parallel to reading the review, I know this detail.

Hello... strange griffon thing? I guess you're the one whose name is in the title.
    Gilda?
    She's a wee bit creepy. Those eyes, they're staring into my SOUL!

Ahaha, guitar riffs in the background. This character is...

Cool.
    Heh...

Haha, Pinkie is impossibly fast. Still not sure if this is a one-episode running gag or something integral to her character. Time will tell.
    And Rainbow is happy to see her. Y'know, both these characters are really endearing themselves to me. It's good to see Rainbow be kind to someone, and it's good to see Pinkie have actual, human (or pony) emotions.
    I'm betting Gilda will be a bitch to her, though.
    That's probably the best part of this episode - Pinkie and Rainbow develop character beyond just being "The party-lover" and "The overachieving athlete"

Apparantly so. Gilda does not show any sensitivity towards the fragile Fluttershy (yay, Fluttershy!). On the contrary, she sends her off crying.

... ...

If this is all the backstory and motivation I'll ever get for Rainbow, this is enough. Her previous best friend is a hot-tempered psychopath. How could she not grow into a a selfish, lazy, empathy-lacking person? She wouldn't have survived if she hadn't; Gilda would've crushed her.
    However, this does raise the question of why they became friends in the first place. I've heard hints that Rainbow's backstory is the deepest of the ponies', so I really hope I'll learn more.
    This is the start of us learning more about Rainbow Dash's past. Though, as previously stated, we really learn more about it in the "Sonic Rainboom" episode.

Ooh, Pinkie decides to stand up for Fluttershy! This is gonna be goooooood.

A party? That's the big, "extreme measures" plan? Hehe, sure, sound the challenge on your home ground, Pinkie. And since she does this for everyone new in Ponyville, it's not even suspicious.
    Fluttershy can't bring herself to admit Gilda's cruelty.
    ...I had never thought of that. It IS her home grounds, and the perfect place to expose her. If this was Pinkie's intentions, she is a true mastermind.

The prank assault continues. Rainbow is pretty oblivious to her friend's anger - this might explain why they became friends. If Gilda is exclusive with her attention, and Rainbow is "special" to her (perhaps by virtue of being a good flyer), she probably doesn't even know.
    Perhaps all Rainbow got from going to school with Gilda was the arrogance? It would explain enough.
    I'd go so far as to call this canon.

Of course, Rainbow doesn't want to follow her. Wonder what her reason might be.

Oh.
    Rainbow set up the pranks. This is...

... Awesome.

Pinkie isn't a manipulating, scheming person! Rainbow has been insulted by her best friend. Everyone has been acting in good faith.

This turn of events surprised me. I've been tricked. By a children's show.

I... I need to boil this realization out of my brain.

It hurts.
    Watch the way the first prank *Past the buzzer* plays out. Pinkie directs Gilda to the snack table, and Gilda picks out her favorite snack, then being directed to the punch by Rainbow Dash.

The hints were right there. Pinkie could not have known which snack she would go for, and it was all Rainbow's plot to direct Gilda to the punch.

And I fell for it too. ._. Damn you, Lauren Faust!

Gilda chooses coolness over friendship. This makes sense. She's in a state of anger, and it takes some time to adjust from "someone is being deliberately mean to me!" to "hey, everyone is actually nice". But when she cools down, she'll probably be too embarassed to remedy this.
    Also fairly realistic...people hate to be wrong, and usually avoid it at all costs.

So, overall thoughts: This episode's twist surprised me. This is both horrible and awesome, but mostly awesome. The plot was well-constructed (though it took a bit too long before conflict was introduced (but that may have something to do with my pausing the series every few moments and thus stretching out 6 minutes to 30).
    The characters acted believably, and I love the small interaction details. And both Pinkie and Rainbow seem like more developed, likable characters now.

This show is awesome!
    20% more awesome than competing shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Funny thing about that episode is how it leaves the idea that Pinkie manipulated everything to expose Gilda open, but lets you choose how to interpret it for youself.

Heck it would explain how Pinkie was seemingly leading Gilda into alot of the pranks (not to mention doing the hand buzzer herself).
    I'm still convinced that Pinkie could have planned this all out...specifically, that she would co-plan the party with Rainbow Dash, and let Gilda trigger most of the party pranks if she could.

Though...I think she might've genuinely thought that it would improve Gilda's attitude. That she figured "Oh, well maybe if we show her that ponies aren't lame, she'll turn around!" Though...It's really quite impossible to say....

...Confound you, Pinkie Pie!

Haha! I can't wait to meet that character

Also, oops. Clumsy fingers.
    Sadly, that image is all the internet's doing. The character is pretty much relegated to the background.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Aw... Okay, next thread is Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology!
    Ah sorry, I did warn you guys I kinda had my mind set.

I will probably be a bit more open for the next title.

Darn it! I was writing a new thread and you ninja'd me!

Here's an intro post:
    I find a brief first post is ideal, the fact that this has managed its way into a second thread is a strong enough sign that it must be a good show so we don't really need to explain all that.

By the way, is the cool smiley for this thread appropriate?
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-03-02 at 10:47 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just for those of us who might want to catch the shows as they air(or direct our young relatives to their existence), hub is the channel they air on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    By the way, is the cool smiley for this thread appropriate?
    It's only about 10% as cool as MLP. So definitely cool enough.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, Introbulus - it's really, really cool to read someone's thoughts and reactions to my review.

Not as cool as MLP, though

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    She's talking about how cool Rainbow Dash is. It's a little fast-paced and hard to catch, but that's the general jist of her conversation. It helps if you hear her say "Rainbow Dash" at the beginning. Otherwise she could be talking about anypony.
    Oh, on second watching, I can hear that. Thanks for telling.

Near as I can tell, it's just Pinkie Pie's overentusiastic nature, and Rainbow not wanting to be bothered.
    That seems right. And yeah, I know someone like that. I was just surprised that Twilight likes her, and Rainbow doesn't. Mostly because I thought they were all friends in episode 2.

It truly is. I squee every time I see that. <3 It was a turtle though. Since I've been watching this episode parallel to reading the review, I know this detail.
    Oops? I can't believe I blocked that out. Turtles are awesome.

That's probably the best part of this episode - Pinkie and Rainbow develop character beyond just being "The party-lover" and "The overachieving athlete"
    I agree. And I'm really glad the episode managed to cure me of my antipathy for both characters.

This is the start of us learning more about Rainbow Dash's past. Though, as previously stated, we really learn more about it in the "Sonic Rainboom" episode.
    Must... watch... more.... ponies.....

Watch the way the first prank *Past the buzzer* plays out. Pinkie directs Gilda to the snack table, and Gilda picks out her favorite snack, then being directed to the punch by Rainbow Dash.

The hints were right there. Pinkie could not have known which snack she would go for, and it was all Rainbow's plot to direct Gilda to the punch.

And I fell for it too. ._. Damn you, Lauren Faust!
    You're... you're right.

I still can't believe I was outsmarted by a children's show - after stating time and time again how predictable it is. Haha.

I'm still convinced that Pinkie could have planned this all out...specifically, that she would co-plan the party with Rainbow Dash, and let Gilda trigger most of the party pranks if she could.

Though...I think she might've genuinely thought that it would improve Gilda's attitude. That she figured "Oh, well maybe if we show her that ponies aren't lame, she'll turn around!" Though...It's really quite impossible to say....

...Confound you, Pinkie Pie!
    She probably wouldn't have been able to talk Rainbow into it if she had been open about her cruel intentions, though. I guess she could've flat-out lied to Rainbow, but that seems very... un-Pinkie-like.

The naive optimism sounds like Pinkie, though! I'm gonna go with that

Sadly, that image is all the internet's doing. The character is pretty much relegated to the background.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

You know one of the things that really bothered me about the pilot was the whole "friendship" thing. Spike was basically dismissed as a "friend" which I fear reinforces the "Girls over on the left, guys over on the right" mentality that's all-too-common in, well, kids of that age.

I really identify with Spike though. It's probably because the daycare I went to growing up was pretty much all-girl, which left me as the outsider for the most part.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't worry, Mouse. There's still a few episodes left in season 1, and Celestia knows how many seasons this show will warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    You know one of the things that really bothered me about the pilot was the whole "friendship" thing. Spike was basically dismissed as a "friend" which I fear reinforces the "Girls over on the left, guys over on the right" mentality that's all-too-common in, well, kids of that age.

I really identify with Spike though. It's probably because the daycare I went to growing up was pretty much all-girl, which left me as the outsider for the most part.
    The Galloping Gala episode does alot to fix that, I think.
    Last edited by vp21ct; 2011-03-02 at 11:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

So, can we expect another wave of converts after everybody decides to find out why My Little Pony, of all things, got a second thread? The only reason I started watching was when I noticed that the thread wasn't dying . . .

Also, I just re-watched Griffon the Brush-off, and now I actually hope we see Gilda again sometime, I feel like she could be a really interesting character if she got fleshed out a little more. Also, finding out more about griffons would be cool.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

I agree. In fact, I really enjoyed episode 5 which seemed to show that a) the ponies aren't really "friends" with each other (Dash didn't really like Pinkie, for example, until they found out they both enjoyed pranking) they're just friends with Twilight and happen to know each other, and b) it almost seems like Twilight's closest friend is Spike, which I think is really cool. He's the only boy and he's not even the same species.

Definitely going to keep watching!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    So, can we expect another wave of converts after everybody decides to find out why My Little Pony, of all things, got a second thread? The only reason I started watching was when I noticed that the thread wasn't dying . . .
    How it seems to have been working on other forums I've seen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Who all was interested in ponytars? I won't be able to start on them this week (or potentially even next) due to tests and a paper, but I can start a queue and work into it over Spring Break. Standard rules for avatar requests apply: give me as much description as you can, and especially mention if you have a preference for pony type.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-03-03 at 12:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

The MLP thread is certainly picking up speed...

Other possible future thread names:
    My Little Pony: Ahead by 63.7% of a thread (roughly speaking).
    My Little Pony: ... yay!

@Thanqol: Nice summary/intro. I may have to use that on some of my friends; I fear that my first attempt at getting my brony convert count above 0 may not have been too effective.

@Glass Mouse: I'm enjoying your reviews. Keep up the good work!

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Who all was interested in ponytars? I won't be able to start on them this week (or potentially even next) due to tests and a paper, but I can start a queue and work into it over Spring Break. Standard rules for avatar requests apply: give me as much description as you can, and especially mention if you have a preference for pony type.
    Oh man, I would love a Derpy Hooves ponytar. If it's possible, could I get my current avatar riding Derpy? That would make it at LEAST 20% cooler.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    If you're in the generousing mood, a pony version of this would be deeply appreciated I can pay with pictures, pictures of ponies.

@Thanqol: Nice summary/intro. I may have to use that on some of my friends; I fear that my first attempt at getting my brony convert count above 0 may not have been too effective.
    Thanks! Ponies for the pony throne and all that.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-03 at 01:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

I've been rewatching Applebuck Season to try and get an idea of what Derpy Hooves' voice sounds like, but it's so hard to hear properly I can't get a good handle on it. So; what voice would you attribute to her? A friend of mine thinks the voice of Harley Quinn from that animated Batman series is perfect. Now it's what I hear when reading Derpy fanfiction, anyone else have any ideas?
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Rettu Skcollob View Post
    I've been rewatching Applebuck Season to try and get an idea of what Derpy Hooves' voice sounds like, but it's so hard to hear properly I can't get a good handle on it. So; what voice would you attribute to her? A friend of mine thinks the voice of Harley Quinn from that animated Batman series is perfect. Now it's what I hear when reading Derpy fanfiction, anyone else have any ideas?
    I always imagined her sounding completely, disconcertingly normal. I like the thought of Derpy being able to have long conversations in the Princess' English which stands at odds with her derped eyes and derped behavior.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

She's in Applebuck Season?!

*rewatches*
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

27. - Top - End - #27

She's in Applebuck Season?!

*rewatches*
    15:02

Muuuuffiiiins...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

15:02

Muuuuffiiiins...
    Well, that was... disappointingly background-ish
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I always imagined Derpy sounding a bit like Deedee from Dexter's Lab.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Just pulled it up myself, and noticed two things:

1) Her line sounds to me more like "muffin" than "muffins." This suggests a primitive grammar construction in her speech. "Derpy like muffin," etc.

2) Her voice sounds rather 'androgynous' to me. It doesn't have any really deep tones like most bronies, or the screechy tones of the other ponies. Saying it has "tomboyish" qualities (similar to Applejack without her drawl or Raindbow Dash with a less scratchy voice) would be another way to put it, I guess.

Actually, going back to listen to her line again, I do get a sense of a drawl on her voice. It's much lighter than Applejack's, though. I guess Derpy's voice would sound similar to whatever Applejack's VA sounds like when she isn't doing a drawl.

I always imagined her sounding completely, disconcertingly normal. I like the thought of Derpy being able to have long conversations in the Princess' English which stands at odds with her derped eyes and derped behavior.
    For sheer cognitive dissonance, though, I like this theory. A smooth voice with no deep resonance or sharp notes, coupled with a relative lack of inflection on words, topped off with an impeccable vocabulary and sentence construction.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-03-03 at 01:38 AM.