New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    At least with prom they've usually got enough foresight in planning them to have clean, well-lit bathrooms with plenty of extra stalls in addition to the suitably darkened so that the chaperones don't have to pay attention to everything dance floor and table area.
    Heh. I'm pretty sure Prom had no parent chaperons. Our school's so small (probably only 150 or less people at the dance) we only needed teachers. (Of course my group never actually did any much dancing (AKA, grinding), so we specifically didn't need any but ... Eh. It was Homecoming this year where the football star got in trouble with the cop for drinking anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We've got most of the standard American candies and chocolate. Mints, chocolate bars, cadbury creme eggs, twizzlers, nibs, things like that. Those are the things I like!
    Are you sure about that?

My national pride is limited entirely to things I can eat...

3. - Top - End - #783
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Are you sure about that?

I'd be more concerned about the nibs, really. Isn't that a Victorian era slang term for a noble or something? Why are you eating anachronistic nobility as candy, Lala!?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Heh. I'm pretty sure Prom had no parent chaperons. Our school's so small (probably only 150 or less people at the dance) we only needed teachers. (Of course my group never actually did any much dancing (AKA, grinding), so we specifically didn't need any but ... Eh. It was Homecoming this year where the football star got in trouble with the cop for drinking anyway.
    ...Ok, I know that where you're from they know about pre-gaming and post-gaming as well as after parties.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-28 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Can we stop with the cannibal human-eating talk if you wont let me eat a people?

AT grinded so hard and got so low he grinded to the ground and now cant grind no more.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #785

Are you sure about that?

What, you mean those aren't common in the States?

I'd be more concerned about the nibs, really. Isn't that a Victorian era slang term for a noble or something? Why are you eating anachronistic nobility as candy, Lala!?

...Ok, I know that where you're from they know about pre-gaming and post-gaming as well as after parties.
    Nib's are smaller versions of licorice candy made by the guys that do Twizzlers and what not.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What, you mean those aren't common in the States?
    I wouldn't know where they're common, but they're certainly not American

7. - Top - End - #787
    Firbolg in the Playground

They're common as the fancier type of cheap chocolate, but LaLa, they're British.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

So, they are our birthright, then. ToBrtain! We shallclaim our choc-oh-lats! And assorted sweets! AND THEN, TOOTH DECAY!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

9. - Top - End - #789

I wouldn't know where they're common, but they're certainly not American
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    They're common as the fancier type of cheap chocolate, but LaLa, they're British.
    ...well then. Guess who's Canadian and silly!

Spoilers its me.

Also, hey Moony, how you doing?

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hmm, yes, shipping isn't exactly going to be cheap. It'll roughly chime in on 200:- with some package optimisation. Surmountable, and it's not like it's actually going to hurt, but still. I'd need to find a cardbord roll with an inner diametre of 8cm or more, but that shouldn't be all too hard if I put some effort into it, really...
    *bounces in chair excitably*

I have an endless battery of pictures of budgies making puppy-dog eyes, if that's what it takes.

After a few discarded attempts at visualising the scene, my mind settled on an image of a budgie and a bottle sitting at the opposite sides of a dollhouse table, having a romantic dinner with a miniature candles (the ones you'd put in the Christmas tree if you weren't afraid of burning your house down) providing the atmosphere. Afterwards, the budgie would offer to take that top off the bottle... and I think my brain just short-circuited itself with potential innuendo.

(There actually is a reason for why it just was this image, but writing it all in size 1 would be silly.)
    Hee hee hee! This is another scene that I feel compelled to draw. Or even photograph, if I could convince Mabel to sit still for the tableau.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Indeed that would likely be the case. But alas... I have never attended a costume party. I also don't drink and am incredibly boring at parties.
    Fear the wrath of the book I brought along to read!
    OH GOD
    HE'S READING
    EVERYBODY RUN

*hugs*

On Saturday, to give you an idea, I let myself out for a little while in spite of the crushing gravity of homework I bear. I was with my friends while they got into costume for a wedding social: they all dressed as Addam's Family characters, and looked fabulous. When they drove me home on the way to their party, everywhere downtown people were out in costume, and many of the cars we passed had the same. It is the Canadian iteration of the Latin world's Carneval [also an echo of Saturnalia], in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Have you tasted Swedish Surströmming? After that, everything gives you a food-gasm.
    *looks it up*

I'm always massochistically attracted to these rotted fish dishes, half curious and half revolted by the idea. Such as the Icelandic shark meat, or the Yupik fermented blubber. fish, whale, same difference.

Gravad lax is really quite scrumptious but I gather it is a mild modern thing, removed from its smelly origin of being buried.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-28 at 09:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sure they do. The Calculus teacher (did basketball for OSU back in College, big guy) and three cops screened people going in, and you couldn't leave once you got in, but no parent chaperones. And now that I think about it the official afterprom did have parent chaperones in addition to the teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    AT grinded so hard and got so low he grinded to the ground and now cant grind no more.
    Grinding is nasty.

Indeed they are. The first thing I noticed when I came into the Birmingham airport was the Cadbury Vending Machine. I even got to stay in the Cadbury Village. Nice place. Didn't get to tour the factory though ... I guess technically Cadbury is American now though, being bought out and all.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Firbolg in the Playground

I''m good. I've been so busy I haven't really posted, altohugh I have randomly checked on occasion.

What's this about eating me?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Default It's just too easy to misconstrue

I''m good. I've been so busy I haven't really posted, altohugh I have randomly checked on occasion.

I really wish the words Moon Pie hadn't leapt unbidden into my mind when I read that.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-28 at 09:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Hmn? Were gonna eat Moonie, says Helio? Well, if Helio insists...*nom nom nom*.

Wow, Knee. I wasnt going to touch that.

On a non-stupid note, I sympathize and empathize with the business. Work is catching up with me and grades are going to press down hard if I dont start pushing back. And I'm trying to be in debate legit now, instead of mooching, I've been trying to work out a bit to be less 96 lb child.. So much stuff, and soe, days I just dont do anything I'm so tired. Somehow I still has fun.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-28 at 09:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey Mutant, I could lend you 10 lbs I seemed to have gained back since my return to the States oh ... 2 months ago?

ION: I had my first haircut in over 6 months today. I feel weird.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-28 at 09:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Mutant, I could lend you 10 lbs I seemed to have gained back since my return to the States oh ... 2 months ago?

Haircut? What's that? I haven't had a haircut in almost three years. Too much maintenance to keep it short.

ION: For those of you who have not had the pleasure of breathing ceiling tile, I do not recommend it.
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #797

Oh dear. Hope things clear up for you Moony!

18. - Top - End - #798
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmn? Were gonna eat Moonie, says Helio? Well, if Helio insists...*nom nom nom*.

Wow, Knee. I wasnt going to touch that.

On a non-stupid note, I sympathize and empathize with the business. Work is catching up with me and grades are going to press down hard if I dont start pushing back. And I'm trying to be in debate legit now, instead of mooching, I've been trying to work out a bit to be less 96 lb child.. So much stuff, and soe, days I just dont do anything I'm so tired. Somehow I still has fun.

You can have 40 of my pounds to boot, sheepy.

ION: Recent events have led me to question my dedication to the extinction of comma splices.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    You can have 40 of my pounds to boot, sheepy.
    Mutant gaining our combined 50 lbs would make him equal in weight to me after losing 10 lbs. He's a skinny little bugger.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Mutant gaining our combined 50 lbs would make him equal in weight to me after losing 10 lbs. He's a skinny little bugger.
    And I'd promptly lose 30 of those in a month, I'm sure.

Also, YOU GOT HAIR CUT AGAIN? STOP BUZZ CUTTING YOURSELF! And get on AIM for once.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-28 at 10:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #801
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah... I weigh about 2.1 Mutants - apparently, he's 6.9 stone to my 14.6. That's one skinny ship...
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And I'd promptly lose 30 of those in a month, I'm sure.
    And you'd only be 116 lbs. That can't be healthy.

Also, YOU GOT HAIR CUT AGAIN? STOP BUZZ CUTTING YOURSELF! And get on AIM for once.
    Who said anything about a buzzcut? It was more of a trim than anything...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

I may stay boyishly trim, but I bet I could win the competition for fattiest liver

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

And you'd only be 116 lbs. That can't be healthy.
    From someone who's 112, trust me, it isn't.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I may stay boyishly trim, but I bet I could win the competition for fattiest liver
    That is not good. If I recall correctly it is normally caused by diabetes, or obesity. This means you can be a former plump kid if you are rather trim now and are suffering the consequences, or have a sugar problem (or bad genetics).

My liver is probably the only part of my body that can boast to not have bellow average health by virtue of diet and absence of alcohol inside my system. And my weight oscillates as the end of October comes near.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    OH GOD
    HE'S READING
    EVERYBODY RUN

*hugs*

On Saturday, to give you an idea, I let myself out for a little while in spite of the crushing gravity of homework I bear. I was with my friends while they got into costume for a wedding social: they all dressed as Addam's Family characters, and looked fabulous. When they drove me home on the way to their party, everywhere downtown people were out in costume, and many of the cars we passed had the same. It is the Canadian iteration of the Latin world's Carneval [also an echo of Saturnalia], in my opinion.
    You should be afraid! Knowledge is power!
    *evil laughter*

Ahh... The Addam's Family... They were so classy and creepy. I shall have to acquire the original black and white television series and watch it.
    And indeed. Everything is an echo of Saturnalia. Give people an excuse to feast and/or party and they will. I believe it is ground in instinct based on the shortness of life and the potential for lean times. In the simplest terms; "You only live once."
    Though, if I remember... Carnival started for reasons of practicality... After all, why let the foods forbidden during Lent go to waste?

And all this talk of hair cuts reminds me that I need one. My hair keeps trying to poke me in the eye and it's not long enough to tie back.
    Also, on this talk of weight... I can't remember how much I weigh... It's never really bothered me...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

In the simplest terms; "You only live once."
    YOLO 4 lyfe yeaaaaah!

Don't mind me, I'm crazy. Ele will vouch for it too.

And all this talk of hair cuts reminds me that I need one. My hair keeps trying to poke me in the eye and it's not long enough to tie back.
    Also, on this talk of weight... I can't remember how much I weigh... It's never really bothered me...
    If only your hair was as long as mine eh? I can haz mini-ponytail

And on the subject of weight, I could probably estimate, but I wouldn't do that in public on here. (not being mean, just.. you know what I mean)

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    YOLO 4 lyfe yeaaaaah!

Don't mind me, I'm crazy. Ele will vouch for it too.
    Just because you only live once is no reason to act stupid.

If only your hair was as long as mine eh? I can haz mini-ponytail

And on the subject of weight, I could probably estimate, but I wouldn't do that in public on here. (not being mean, just.. you know what I mean)
    That's the problem! I don't know if I want long hair or not! And I can't get proper advice without uploading a picture of myself, but I'm really shy and I don't want to.

Eh... I'll go stand on the scales shortly. I need to tell Mum that I won't be going to rehearsal tonight as I'm feeling sick.
    I mean, I was really ill last night and went to bed at eleven, and then I got up at about two this afternoon and don't feel the slightest bit rested.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Just because you only live once is no reason to act stupid.
    Depends on your maturity.

That's the problem! I don't know if I want long hair or not! And I can't get proper advice without uploading a picture of myself, but I'm really shy and I don't want to.

Eh... I'll go stand on the scales shortly. I need to tell Mum that I won't be going to rehearsal tonight as I'm feeling sick.
    I mean, I was really ill last night and went to bed at eleven, and then I got up at about two this afternoon and don't feel the slightest bit rested.
    If only I had a photo of you, then I could just upload it and ask people without your knowledge. Even though you'd kill me.

EDIT: Also, I reckon you'd look stylish with long hair.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-29 at 02:15 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Depends on your maturity.
    Okay then. On my eightieth birthday, I shall remember you fondly.

If only I had a photo of you, then I could just upload it and ask people without your knowledge. Even though you'd kill me.

EDIT: Also, I reckon you'd look stylish with long hair.
    Or sue you. But despite possessing numerous things I'd contemplate stealing, nothing you have is worth the effort of hiring lawyers.

And I always look stylish. When I can be bothered to do so.
    As for my weight: Approximately eighty-nine kilograms. Which is a perfectly healthy weight when one factors in that with my scoliosis I'm still six foot.
    I could stand to lose a few kilos, but it's not essential.

Dragons!