New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R 132

Today, while surfing on the GITP forums, i came to this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95000

Then, it hit me. A crazy Artificer/Effigy Master bent on conquering the world with a gargantuan/colossal effigy as a mobile headquarters. It's the perfect antagonist... A crazy gnome artificer, mad with replicating mechanically the aspects of living things, wanting to turn the entire world into machines fueled by magic, with hatred for all living things. Thing is, i can't even begin to think on the stats, only on the plot hooks and the amusing things that will sure ensue on such a campaign.

If you should help me on my quest on creating this specific villain, i do have some requests.

1 - It's for D&D 3.5
    2 - He has to be a champion
    3 - Stats have to be 18 16 14 12 10 10 (Arranged in any way)
    4 - Not too overpowered, but not underpowered. Some useless feats and not too much optimization.
    5 - Has a 14 HD gargantuan effigy. Complete with "weapons" and his headquarters. (He had much more cash than normal for his level, for his previous works as an artificer, so feel free to pump it till it's a real city-destroyer [No template stacking, though]) Inspirations for this can come from the flying headquarters of S.H.I.E.L.D or the spider-machine from Crazy Adventurers of James West.
    6 - A complete level-by-level evolution from 1 to 16;

Any suggestions, comments or discussions on this will be welcomed and appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

R133

I'd like to request a 4E item, if anyone doesn't mind.

Slippers of Carrion Crawler
    This pair of magical foot items looks like a couple of little carrion crawlers. What do they do? Who made them, and why? It's a mystery.
    Last edited by chronoplasm; 2008-10-27 at 10:11 PM.
    Eat & Run
    Prerequisites: Con 13
    Benefit: You may eat an entire chicken, ham, or steak to spend a healing surge as a minor action. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 10 hit points.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

R 134

I'd like three prestige class, sublime ones to be more exact. One requires Desert Wind and Diamond Mind but grants Iron Heart, White Raven and Devoted Spirit as well. Basically it's a swordsage/paladin PrC. The second requires Devoted Spirit but grants Diamond Mind and Golden Saint as well. This is in addition to the spell speak with dead as either an arcane spell. Yes I allow arcanists to know and cast speak with dead. Crusader/arcane necromancer (wizard or sorcerer) and must be non-Evil. Finally I would like a Shadow Hand focused prestige class. It requires Shadow Hand and Diamond Mind but grants Sentient Aura as well. I'm not sure whether it should be for psions and wilders or for psychic warriors.
    Last edited by Agrippa; 2008-10-27 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

C 134

If it weren't Tome of Battle I'd probably be able to help; sadly, I don't have enough familiarity with that product yet to be of assistance.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    C 134

If it weren't Tome of Battle I'd probably be able to help; sadly, I don't have enough familiarity with that product yet to be of assistance.
    That's okay.
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Ultimate Request of Ultimate Help

R 135

I have opted to throw my players into The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. However, this presents a lot of work, in building and homebrewing up classes and creatures for this. I have a list, in the spoiler, if anyone could assist me I'd be very happy. [Even just pointing me in the right direction of any work done on any of these people.

Spoiler
    Show

Old Godzilla
    Bat Man
    ~BatMobile
    Shaquel-O'neil
    Arron Carter
    Abraham Lincoln (Undead?)
    Dudly Do-Right
    Snidely Whiplash
    Nuclear Bomb
    Scruff-McGruff
    Jacki Chan
    Indiana Jones (Thinking of Re-hashing the Lasher for 3.5)
    5 Care Bears
    Neville Flynn (Snakes on a Plane Dude.)
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Mario
    Santa Clause
    Back the the Future-Car
    Goku (On Nimbus)
    R2D2
    C3PO
    Jawa
    Chuck Norris
    Gandolf the Grey
    Gandolf the White
    The Black Knight (with out limbs)
    Benito Mussilini
    The Blue Meanie
    Cowbow Curtis
    Jambi the Geanie
    Robo-Cop
    Terminator
    Captain Kirk
    Darth Vader
    Lo Pan
    Super-Man
    Red Power Ranger
    Blue Power Ranger
    Pink Power Ranger
    Black Power Ranger
    Yellow Power Ranger
    White Power Ranger
    Green Power Ranger
    Bill S Preston
    Theadore Logan
    Doc Ock.
    The Rock
    Hulk Hogan
    Super Man
    and finally
    Mr. Rogers

Thanks to Lappy9000 for the Inspiration .(In The Dead Shall Rise Again! Thread)
    I never thought of this song in a DnD sense before. I am lacking Dice-Mindfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    I always suspected as much. For Abraham Lincoln will arise again (most likely wielding an AK-47 or a Machete) to rule over us all, making the human race his personal chattel. All hail President Lincoln.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

7. - Top - End - #367
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

C 135

That's rather larger than the recommended scope of requests for this thread, but it's also hilarious and memeful and likely to grab the attention of people. I recommend starting a separate thread with a colorful title. You'll probably find eager volunteers. Heck, I'm thinking of trying to stat out some of these guys.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-01 at 12:26 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

has anyone thought of the magic ultima from the final fantasy series? i could search the forum but that would take way to long with the speed of my internet connection. if from any particular series i would prfer the ultima from final fantasy six. and what is that bold C ### or R ###. sorry I'm new if this seems a stupid question.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

R ### indicates a request. C ### indicates a comment. H ### is a homebrew solution.

I'd check Zeta Kai's FFX thread for Ultima; I expect he has it in there. I expect he has everything in there.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Firbolg in the Playground

smile Re: Request a Homebrew

R 136

I am planning on creating a sorcerer with a vampire as a distant relative (think great great grandfather) and would like this distant taint of undeath to fuel his magic. Could someone create some feats that allow you to sacrifice your physical health to fuel your magic, and ways to bring a vampiric heritage into play somewhere in it. Also, i'd like it to be a sorcerer only thing (like heritage feats)

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

C 136

For some reason, I get the feeling they already exist; either in WotC published material or on here somewhere. I don't rememeber where I would have seen it though, sadly.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 137

[4e]
    I have a simple request here, and help in either pm or response form is fine.
    I want to reflavor the wizard like a sorceror for RP reasons, and so I was trying to think of appropriate, balanced solutions to it. I like the idea of keeping cantrips, but don't know what I would wish to attempt to replace the Spellbook and the Wand/Orb/Staff with. Maybe borrow a bit from the Warlock class, just not sure.

If anyone has any ideas, just pm me or respond here, its all good

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 138

Hi. Umm if it would be possible I could use some help. I want to play a 4e character that really is anti-magic users. I have scanned all the sourcebooks and I can not find any feats, powers, or any abilities in any sourcebook. I want to play a cleric who hates all magic (yes, I know its weird) and I need something to help establish this trait, please help me
    Thanks

PM me for questions
    Last edited by Belkarsbadside1; 2008-11-03 at 08:05 PM.
    Hey, I've found enlightenment. What have you found?
    Join the Giantitp bookclub! It will be awesome!
    Bishop of the cult of Belkar
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

14. - Top - End - #374

R 139

I need a cat tribe laguz (sub-human) 3.5 ed. race. LA is ok, but no higher than +4.

Thanks in advance!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

R140
    Hi. I have created a race kinda like tree people.
    Can someone create me a charisma based base class that focuses on casting using natures power. Like druid, but alot more spellcaster, alot less animal compainion kinda stuff. Spells would be mainly healing and buffer/protecting with few offensive spells.
    Thanks. =]

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

C 140

I have one for you: It is called the Sorcerer! Modify the class spell list with druid spells you feel are appropriate, and use the druid's BAB, HD and saves if you feel it is balanced.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

C140

Well, in that case can someone do me a variant of the sorcerer to match my request.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

C 140

As I said, sorcerer's casting tables plus druid's HD, BAB and saves. There's no real work to be done there. The only real work is in compiling a spell list, which will largely be a matter of your own opinions.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belkarsbadside1 View Post
    R 138

Hi. Umm if it would be possible I could use some help. I want to play a 4e character that really is anti-magic users. I have scanned all the sourcebooks and I can not find any feats, powers, or any abilities in any sourcebook. I want to play a cleric who hates all magic (yes, I know its weird) and I need something to help establish this trait, please help me
    Thanks

PM me for questions
    R 138
    Ummm. Guys? anyone want to help me here?
    Hey, I've found enlightenment. What have you found?
    Join the Giantitp bookclub! It will be awesome!
    Bishop of the cult of Belkar
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

C 138

Be patient. A lot of requests ahead of yours haven't been honored yet. In the case of your request, I would actually reccommend that you post on the Gaming forum first; they're there for character concept and optimization.

21. - Top - End - #381

R 134 reposted and rearranged. I'd like three prestige class, sublime ones to be more exact.

R 141

One requires Desert Wind and Diamond Mind but grants Iron Heart, White Raven and Devoted Spirit as well. Basically it's a swordsage/paladin PrC and thus requires Smite Evil.

R 142

The second requires Devoted Spirit but grants Diamond Mind and Golden Saint as well. This is in addition to the spell speak with dead as an arcane spell. Yes I allow arcanists to know and cast speak with dead. Crusader/arcane necromancer (wizard or sorcerer) and must be non-Evil.

R 143

Finally I would like a Shadow Hand focused prestige class. It requires Shadow Hand and Diamond Mind but grants Sentient Aura as well. I'm not sure whether it should be for psions and wilders or for psychic warriors.

22. - Top - End - #382

R 144 I would love a death knight prc built for magical attacks and high damage heres the basics
    -Magical auras of fear, decay, and death occuring in that level order
    -Special attacks that fear, freeze, paralyze, deal necrotic/negative energy damage, or kill. Obviously in that level order
    -No Horsey or undead slaves. They remind me too much of the paladin and lich. Death knights are solo or in groups of death knights
    -Attainable with a fighter/rogue character
    -Immune to normal undead stuff

Any cool fluff would also be well appreciated, especially if it involved entropy and an acceptance of the dark might of the world.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

C 144

Check out the Death Knight template from the MM2. Alternate sources may also have it by this point, although I can't think of one off the top of my head. Libris Mortis, perhaps?

Otherwise, you can probably do this one yourself easily. Take a standard melee PrC's BAB, strong Fort, weak Ref, strong Will, and either give it a smattering of necro spells or just progress them as spell-like or supernatural abilities.

24. - Top - End - #384

is http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/...ath_knight.pdf the death knight you are suggesting? 'cause thats what I said was overpowered. Also, I dont really homebrew well. If you could get me some refrences to work with that might help, i dont know where to find prc homebrewing stuff.

EDIT- Also its not really standard melee, its sort of like a rogue with necrotic spells, high burst damage and good hp 'cause its quazi-undead but not exactly good defence. The play style goes something along the lines of this:

Suprise Round: Possibly burst from hiding and attack, using any sneak attack from rogue skills and your sword specials
    1st round- Continue attacking, probably on the front of the initiative
    2nd round- fall back to flank for an ally and begin casting necrotic spells
    3rd round- same as others
    If low on health- Fall back to casters and switch auras to a defensive one such as fear aura

Also I looked at the Death Knight in the MM you suggested and its roughly similar to the one i had but with turn immunity, higher natural armor, a few different/extra spells and a level adjustment
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-09 at 07:08 PM.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

C 144

Seems to be an assassin, to me.

You seem to have some very, very specific ideas of what you want. You should be able to plan it out by basing the core of the class on the blackguard and assassin, then forming a "necrotic spell" list of your own.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

R 145

I would like a spell to turn a person in to scroll but quicker (and hopefully at alower level) then Polymorph Any Object.
    Also could you add some thing in the spell like a comand word to undo the spell, it could be written on the "scroll".
    I saw images of it and figured it would be a great spell for capcure anyone with out killing.
    Also I figured on all the money saved instead of buying rope, and there would be no worry of the person excapeing.

Here is some links to the images if that helps any. One Two Three Four
    Love each other, Respect all life, and Don't run with your spears.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

C 145

I'm afraid that to do so would be grossly unbalanced. There is a reason Polymorph Any Object is at such a high level. If you turned someone into a scroll, you could rip them, burn them, soak them and mash them into a pulp.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

R 146

I'd like some monsters: Io, Bahamut, and Tiamat. I know that Bahamut and Tiamat are already printed as monsters, but I don't have access to Deities and Demigods.
    For Io, I was thinking some sort of high-damage breath weapon that represents that he's the creator of dragons, that maybe deals all types of energy damage, or is one-fifth is each tnergy type.
    Tiamat, I was hoping for maybe an advanced red dragon, but with extra bite attacks, breath weapons, and probably some sort of similiarity to a hydra in that she can attack with all her heads at once.
    I don't really have a concrete idea for Bahamut. But maybe I'll just treat him as an uberly advanced silver dragon accompanied by his seven great wyrm gold escorts. Although with some extra abilities that accompany his portfolio: the north wind and good dragons.

Just so you know, these are for an epic-level group (level 40 or higher). So they should be a challenge for even these guys.
    I don't really have anything to put here.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

C 146

What difficulty do you have advancing Tiamat? Add additional hit dice, increase the red dragon's stats equivalently, give her all five chromatic breath weapons and the Multiattack and Improved Multiattack feats for the five bites.

Base Bahamut on a great wyrm silver dragon; add cold and wind-based spell-like abilities as you desire and advance his hit dice.

Also: Give both of them a 20th-level complement of sorcerer and cleric spells.That will make them scarifying enough. Or at least, it should.

I can't help but thinking that unless your group is comprised of people with an endemic vendetta against dragons, they shouldn't be out to kill Bahamut, Tiamat AND Io.

30. - Top - End - #390

R 147

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thiel
    A blind shoggoth ninja to be specific.

There, corrected it for you.
    Can this be done?
    Enjoy my creations
    Gatsu, from Berserk (Kentaro Miura's)
    A hero: the Tekkaman space-knight.
    The villain he has to face: Dobrai, Valdaster Overlord from Tekkaman

Threadwinner of Vs Mage challenges.
    Warning: may perform below standards if target has no heat signature (eg: undead mage)