New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior (Started)

Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior

Narrator: Robert Blackletter
    2484 Dr Blackletter invents time travel, what does he do with this momentous discovery? does he get the greatest minds of all time and bring in a new age of enlightenment? does he meet the great religious figures and find the one true path of god? Does he discover what Mona Lisa really smiling about? Hell no! Hes make a new season of Deadliest Warrior featuring the real deadliest warriors.

Thought I bring back CoA. This time your one of history's deadliest warriors. You been given a time travel device and a list of names to hunt.
    The rules are the same as always, I'll try to write a consistent and interesting story . Roleplaying is - again as always - encouraged.
    Please, try to keep within flavor of the game. I can and will deny places to people who do not follow this rule (for example, by trying to apply with flying whale whose gun shoots ninja monkeys). Keep it realish, people. While original characters are preferred, due to the nature of this round historical character will be allowed.

Minimum information needed to create an assassin for the game:

Name: [the name your assassin goes by]

Appearance: [what he/she looks like]

skills: [what skills your assassin has. You must pick 3-5 relevant contacts/skills; each of these must be a separate entry, a simple list won't do.

Secret To be sent in a p.m to me, this is to be your achiles heel
    Example character sheet

Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Jack the Ripper

Appearance:A tall gentleman in a long dark coat.

skills: Lady Killer : A handsome lad, with a charming air about him allowing him to get close to his victims.
    Surgeon: When not indulging in his hobby Jack makes a living as a surgeon giving him excellent knowlege of the human body
    Knifeman: Jack knows his way round a knife.
    SecretIs the queen of englands mad son

Game rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the Narrators your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II The game round

1. The Narrators post a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
    2. Send the Narrators a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the Narrators.
    2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.6 If you don't send a PM to the Narrators, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
    3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
    4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
    5. When 48 hours (2 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the Narrators narrate the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
    6. The Narrators checks how many players are left.
    6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
    6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

Players

{table=head]Player|Character
    GnomeGninjas|Viktor Gusarov.
    usourselves&we|child
    Internet Flea|Druid
    super dark33|Sarius
    Kensen|Robyn Hode
    Lex-Kat|Ulfrik Grímsson
    [/table]
    Recruitment starts
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2013-03-14 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior

I'm glad you decided to resurrect this ol' creation of mine! And the Deadliest Warrior is a very good choice. I love that show. (Although I don't think their tests are scientifically accurate.. but it's entertaining to watch them punish ballistic gel torsos and pig carcasses with all kinds of weapons.)

I'll post my character sheet within 24 hours.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Awesome. Yeah, the "science" on that show was .... suspect to say the least, but entertaining sometimes better than scientifically accurate anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

In! Just claiming a spot before I read the OP.

Name: Ulfrik Grímsson

Appearance: A young viking, he is tall with a wiry physique. Though youthful in appearance, the gems in his many beard-braids tell the tale of one who's embarked on many adventures, as does the battered helmet he wears.

He wears new blackened leather armor, and takes great pride in it, keeping it well oiled.

Skills: Dervish Fighting- An uncommon fighting style for a viking, to be sure. Ulfrik has obviously picked this up sometime during his trading voyages. He doesn't have the nice curved swords of the Arabians though. Instead, he carries what looks to be two bastard swords with the blades jaggedly broken about halfway down, then reshaped into immitation scimitars.

Throwing Axe- On his lower back he carries two throwing axes, in case his querry tries to flee and the coward is faster the he is. The hangers that hold the weapons in place release downward, allowing Ulfrik a strange, yet effective, underhand throw.

Berserker Rage- When things are not going well, Ulfrik lets out a horrific shreiking yell. Blood begins dripping from his eyes, adrenaline pumps through his body, making him near-impervious. Who needs weapons at this point, though beware if his weapons are still in hand.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-03-05 at 09:40 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

In. So I post the character in thread then?

Also is there any actual benefit to targeting your own secret, or is it just a way to take no action without autolynching?

Name: The Druid.

Appearance: Plain-faced and thin, though not strangely so. Taller than most, but not enough to stand out. Called the Druid in part for the long brown hooded robe he normally wears. Carries a small pouch of his ingredients (various poisons, and splinters of wood that expand in water or blood that he calls ‘blooms’), usually under his robe.

Skills: Botanology. The Druid has amassed a remarkable collection of information on plants and their properties. He applies it mainly to the crafting of poisons and blooms. This is the other reason he’s called the Druid.

Poison Tolerance. He has taken enough of his own poisons to be resistant to their effects. More than a few victims have poisoned themselves upon seeing the Druid drink his own poison.

Sleight of hand. Objects appear and disappear like magic. Even seemingly empty hands can plant blooms.

Unassuming. The Druid has a talent for not standing out. He always seems to belong where he is, but perhaps more importantly never seems to be missing from where he isn’t. Coupled with the delayed effect of his poisons, most people will have forgotten him before his target dies.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2013-03-06 at 11:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    In. So I post the character in thread then?

Also is there any actual benefit to targeting your own secret, or is it just a way to take no action without autolynching?
    Looks like the only benefit is potentially throwing people off your trail, doesn't really compare to possibly getting a kill.

---

In, we will try to figure something out for a character.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Post! Of! Interest!
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Looks like the only benefit is potentially throwing people off your trail, doesn't really compare to possibly getting a kill.
    Yep, that's the only benefit. It's a risky tactic at best since you essentially lose one round and your secret will have one fewer possible pairing left. EDIT: Though, looking back at CoA II, a number of players (including the winner) used this ruse.

Anyway, here's my character:

Name: Robyn Hode

Appearance: He looks like a medieval English farmer with dark hair and of average height and build. Sometimes he dons other disguises such as a monk's robe.

Skills & Weapons:
    • Fencing: A skilled fencer, Robyn enjoys defeating his enemies in single combat with his sword.
    • Archery: Robyn's skill with the bow surpasses even his fencing skills.
    • Ambush: Robyn's favorite tactics involve catching the enemy by surprise.
    • Disguises: Robyn chooses disguises that allow him to blend in anywhere he goes.

Background: Robyn is the "real Robin Hood" whose exploits inspired the stories that are popular even today. He's not as nice or good as modern stories have led us to believe. He does take from the rich but he doesn't give to the poor. He'll put an arrow through your skull or sword through your liver if you cross him.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2013-03-06 at 08:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Two characters posted, I want to get 9 people if possible but I start 14th March with whoever we have.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Name:Sarius fishgutter
    Appearence: A large warrior in black armor, his helmet looks like the head of a crab, with two crab claws for horns. He has a large shield with spikes on it that has javlins placed conveniently on its back. He wields a large trident with his left hand.
    skills and weapons:
    •Large trident: triple stab on a single thrust, this weapon is reliable.
    •Wall shield: the shield can be used to ram opponents into submission, ussualy followed by a stab from the trident.
    •Javlins: the javlins are light and flexible.
    •stationary: prefers to stand guard rather then charge.
    •sword: just in case the trident breaks, he will use the mediumsword to fight.
    Background:fought a great War as a bodyguard of a king. After the war was over the only thing he could do was to keep fighting with other warriors who lost their meanings.
    He has no depth or character and can only speak in throaty gurgles.
    Despite everything, its still me.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I remember that game. It's been a while.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-03-06 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

In, character to be created.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing as this good doctor is in 2484, assassins from future history can be used yes? If that is the case character is as fallows:

Name: The Child

Appearance: A Child of indeterminate gender between the ages of 10 and 12. With no modifications made to it appearance The Child has blink white eyes, no hair and pale gray skin.

Contacts/Skills:
    Silent Mechanic: A mechanic with a background in blacksmithing able to replicate the look, feel and function of any item while adding a bomb or trapping mechanism to it that can be triggered by The Child should anything be going wrong. The Mechanic can replace the target item with his creation without being seen 99.9% of the time.

Actor/Handler: The Actor can change its appearance just as well as it can change that of the child, they have each been known to have seen as male and female at one point or another along with any combination of race.

Small Heavyweight: Thought The Child is small and can move quickly, it can put a lot of force into whatever attack it makes.

Hidden Arsenal: With blades and guns in its limbs, poisons running through it veins, and bombs in it chest any item not in its hands is not far from use.

Fluid Fighter: When targets fight back The Child is adapt at changing fighting styles.

---

That took more time then we thought it would, we really like this character might have to go over to free form RP to explore it later.
    Yes, The Child is an android.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2013-03-07 at 04:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

So, we've got 5 players so far. If Szilard and smuchmuch also join, that'll be seven. Back in the heyday of CoA, I considered 11 to be the optimal starting number of players, but I guess it's tough to get that many nowadays... But seven would be good, certainly many enough to get started.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Seeing as this good doctor is in 2484, assassins from future history can be used yes? If that is the case character is as fallows:
    Darn, earlier today I thought of my great idea to do an android from the future. Guess I was too slow.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Viktor Gusarov

Appearance: An overweight Russian male with a large beard in a WWI era Russian military uniform.

Contacts/Skills:
    Winchester Model 1895: Viktor has a Winchester Model 1895 rifle and is proficient in its use. It's range gives him an advantage over primitives with melee weapons.

Large: Victor is a large individual and can pack quick a punch. His size also helps with grappling.

Patient: Victor is a veteran of the trenches of the Eastern Front. Standing in a trench and shooting at the enemy for hours on end has made him a very patient person.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2013-03-07 at 07:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    Darn, earlier today I thought of my great idea to do an android from the future. Guess I was too slow.
    Well you could always steal a time-machine to be quicker.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior (Starting 14th March)

Have sent a P.M to Smuchmuch and Szilard hopefully we have their characters soon.

And I set it in the future so people could have android, mutants e.t.c if they wished.
    I was expecting viking, android and gladiator but am surprised at no knight or samurai.

anyway if Smuchmuch and Szilard get their characters in and i have no new expression of interest than I'll start early.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Name Krunk
    Appearance Matted and greasy hair, an unkempt beard, crazy loincolth, this guy definitely looks like a caveman. Is he? Yes actually. The world's first assassin, Krunk would kill those others wanted dead. In return, he'd get food and trinkets. It worked out well for him.
    Skills
    Survival The hottest of days, the coldest of nights, weather is no matter for Krunk, who'd sleep naked on the moon if he had to. This gives him an extreme tolerance to pain.
    Knapping Any rocks nearby? Even a stick? Krunk is an expert weapon maker, and can make a knife or spear in a pinch, never needing to actually carry a weapon.
    Teeth If worse comes to worse, Krunk has filed his teeth down to points, ready to bite down for the kill, ready to savor the taste of blood...
    Secret You almost thought I was gonna tell you, weren't you?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Name: Bund, Tim Bund

Appearance: Average, Plain, Non-Descrept, Forgettable wearing tan khaki's and a plain white t-shirt

Skills:
    Hand Me Downs:The less well known younger cousin of James Bond, Tim is often given the gadgets after James is done playing with them

And You Are?: People just never seem to notice Tim..even those he has worked with for years sometimes forget his name

Network: Though not a sexy 00 rank(his code # is actually double one six and a quarter) he has access to all the info that MI5 and other friendly agencies can gather

Resentment: Years of being in his cousins shadow have made Tim quite Angry..and more than willing to do anything to prove himself
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to claim a spot in this game.

Name: Mr. Squeakums

Appearance: Looks like a pig carcass. Probably it's because he is a pig carcass. There are some bits of flesh hanging off and some weapons sticking out of him; someone was testing their throwing axes. Usually, he is tied up on a shooting range or some such. Mr. Squeakum's eyes have taken on a mysterious, unhealthy greenish glow lately, which may or may not be due to the influence of unholy magicks beyond all human understanding.

Skills:
    Stench: Mr. Squeakums smells almost unbearably bad, and this is useful in assassination as nausea is a considerable drawback to Mr. Squeakum's opponents.

Disease Ridden: If anyone tries to make bacon or any other pork product of Mr. Squeakums, or indeed probably even touches him, it will not end well for that person because Mr. Squeakums is considerably more rancid than is usually considered "healthy"

Thick Skin: Many weapons have been tested on Mr. Squeakums. He is used to it now, and doesn't particularly mind if you shoot or stab him.

Possible influence of Unholy Magic Beyond all Human Understanding: Mr. Squeakums may or may not be under the influence of unholy magic beyond all human understanding. Crossing Mr. Squeakum's hypothetical dark masters hypothetically results in extreme hypothetical suffering and anguish for the weak-willed.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2013-03-10 at 12:44 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

22. - Top - End - #22

Nine players, that's really good. :) I wonder if smuchmuch is going to join, that'd make ten, a nice round number.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

nine players is amazing, but must ask zjoot make a character a bit more in theme. Also he needs to send me his sercret. Of wise he may have an edge.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

I'm starting this game tomorrow. Still missing a valid character and secret from from Zjoot.

Good luck all
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior (Starting in aprox 12 hours)

Aww, pig carcass isn't in theme with deadliest warrior? That's like a staple of the show.....I'd try to make another character, but half the fun of this for me was going to be the roleplay as a dead pig. I think I'll withdraw.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior (Starting in aprox 12 hours)

Sorry; couldn't come up with a good character concept.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VII: Deadliest Warrior (Started)

Wecome to Deadliest Warrior, With your host Dr Blackletter, I've picked the eight greatest Warrior, gave them a universal translator,a time teleporter, and a list of name of who to defeat to get their dream. let go right to the action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the lame narration, they will get better. My new born decided now would be a good time to cry unless held in my arms. They rest will be better and typed with two hands on p.c.

Spoiler
    Show
    Players

{table=head]Player|Character
    GnomeGninjas|Viktor Gusarov.
    usourselves&we| The Child
    Internet Flea|Druid
    super dark33|Sarius
    Kensen|Robyn Hode
    Lex-Kat|Ulfrik Grímsson
    otakuryoga| Bund, Tim Bund
    Szilard | Krunk
    [/table]

Weakness

Fear of Old Women
    Can't kill a puppy
    Distracted quickly by gold
    Weak against artillery
    Will get lost in the music
    Killed their father
    blind in one eye
    is a drunkard
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2013-03-15 at 02:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

A man stood out to the Druid. Rather, he did not stand out, and that stood out. Perhaps this fellow's company would let him watch this place unobserved.

As he approached, he saw the man close a small compartment on his wristwatch, too quickly for the Druid to see what it contained. But the compartment itself told him much.

"Only one man I know wears that kind of watch," The Druid intoned, smiling. "Tim Bund."

He extended his hand, still smiling, waiting for Tim's response.

(So... are guesses made in thread or are they all PMed?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

oh, yes, there WILL be blood
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nomenclature, mister Blackletter, little taste of your own medicine.
    It is 'The Child' not 'child' not 'a child' The Child.

---

In a shopping center (Mall, Bazaar, market, a neighborhood on garage sale week, whatever) a young boy runs to catch up with his mother. Mom! mom, you got to come see what I found. It's so great!

A woman looking to be in her thirties turns to the boy as he grabs her dress Junior, you know we don't have time for- A short pause as she feels the taps on her thigh. Well what could it hurt, let's go see what you were looking at.