New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Schoolhouse Werewolf [Day Two], Game Begins Post 38

Schoolhouse Werewolf

The message from Jonathan Sandors was unexpected, but welcome, to each member of the 2011 class of Mclaughlin Prepratory School . It was personalized to each person he sent it to, but the message was the same for each person: Their class from Prep was holding a reunion at their old school, and they were invited to attend. Each person who had been sent an invite, for their own reasons, accepted, and made their way to the old grounds.

The buildings and grounds showed the affects that a lack of maintenance brings. The school had been shut down about a year ago due to lack of funding, and it showed. As each teen made their way past moss covered gates and into their old homeroom, where the reunion was to take place, the atmosphere was different than expected. There were hints of smiles and subdued welcomes from everyone who was already there, but everyone had come to the same realization upon entering and seeing no reunion decorations: this was about Tommy G.

All the people invited weren’t just in the same grade, they were in the same homeroom. Like all classes, it had it's cliques and personalities: the popular kids, the kids barely noticed, and all the in-betweens. For this classroom, the kid that had been looked up to the most was Tommy G. His personality was one of a leader, and he held all of the qualities of a kid going places: Smart, confident, likable. If prep did a yearbook with most likely to succeed, he would have been it.

That was, until April 15th, 2009. Tommy had been out going for a walk on the grounds, alone. He did it often, claiming it to be the most relaxing activity he did. Some days he would be out for hours, so no one was alarmed when he didn't come back right away. When he didn’t return by nightfall, however, the school sent people out to search for him. They found him a quarter of a mile away from the dorms, dead.

His death had been deemed an accident by those who looked into it. They claim that he had slipped while climbing a hill, hit his head on the way down, and didn't get the attention he needed in time. To them, it was straightforward.

Jon stood up to address fully assembled group:

“I think by now you've all realized why were are here: the death of my best friend, Tommy G. That event devestated every single one of us. Or at least, it had appeared to. Information surrounding his death has come to light.”

Murmurs from the crowd had started overtaking Jon’s voice. Tommy’s death hadn't quite added up to anyone in their class, but no one had voiced that opinion until today. Jon gave the group a moment to settle before continuing,

“Tommy G.’s death wasn’t an accident. It was murder, by students in our homeroom class."

"I know exactly who killed him.”

Spoiler: General Rules
    Show
    Phases:

Day Phase
    Standard 48h day phase, voting, discussion, etc., etc.

Night Phase
    24h nights, but different then the standard night phase:

Communication about the game will not be allowed in thread, as each player will head to their rooms. However, because of the nature of teenage boys and girls and the relative ease of slipping out, each player has the option of sneaking out of their room. They will then have the ability to perform their night actions and sneak out into a specific room. These rooms will take the form of QT. Players who enter the rooms will be announced in the QT, which can then be used to discuss whatever they want. Because of the intimate nature of the rooms, however, Notes cannot be passed.

Autolynch
    You must vote once every 3 days, failing to do so will cause the player to be autolynched.
    Going a total of 5 days without a vote will cause a player to be autolynched.

Role Claiming
    Screenshots from role PMs are not allowed, as well as quoting role PMs. Claiming you have abilities or a certain role, however, is allowed.

Spoiler: Note Mechanics
    Show
    This will be a restricted PM game. Private messages will be allowed, but will be assumed to be the form of notes. Therefore, there are some restrictions on them.

Note: PM from a player. This will be considered to be a note scribbled via pen or pencil on a piece of paper and passed. Every note will be written in a distinct style, which will be placed in the body of the PM. (Each player will have their own distinct type of handwriting).
    A note will always have the same format:

Title
    SHWW: Description of handwriting

Anything peculiar will be noted at the bottom in bold and italics. These are only to be written by the narrator.

Sending a note:

Notes are sent by telling the narrator the message and the receiver of the note, who will then pass along the appropriate PM. Never directly send a pm to the player you want to send a message.

Mechanics of notes:

1. The note will be considered to be writing on a piece of paper, therefore there will be one copy in the game. Exceptions to this:
    A. A sender explicitly makes copies upon creation for their own use.
    B. Someone in possession makes a copy, with their own handwriting.

2. This means notes will be manipulable:
    A. Notes can be completely or partially destroyed, and it’s the only method of completely removing a note from play. However, this must be explicitly done by contacting the Narrator. Partially destroyed notes will be indicated as such.
    B. A note can be added onto, but will forever be attached(The only way to quote a PM is by using that copy of the note). The previous note will be quoted not by a player, but instead by a writing style. Partially destroyed notes have a chance of not being able to be added onto(Quoted).

3. Every note will be given to the narrator to pass. However, in game, notes can be passed 2 ways:
    A. Directly: The player will know who passed them the note(But not who necessarily wrote it, it will still have the title for writing style), but because of the amount of attention it could bring to directly pass it, it runs the risk of being seen by other players (Restricted direct PMs that must have the narrator CC’d, same rules as normal notes). The first note of the day is guaranteed to be passed safely, each time there is a 10% increased chance of getting caught(announced to the player).
    B. Indirectly: Main method for passing notes. These will be passed by sending the note to the Narrator, who will then pass it onto the player(s) designated. The note will be completely anonymous, and will have a delay before being discovered.

4. Notes can be intentionally dropped. They will be discovered either in the main room or in one of the classrooms, depending on what time of day the note is dropped. Upon being discovered, they will be read to the whole room. and considered either public knowledge if dropped by day, or known by all players in a room at night. Within groups, notes are always destroyed.

5. Upon death, all notes currently in possession of the player is revealed. If killed by any means during the night, the killer(s) have a chance of seeing some notes on the body, which they will automatically take if they do.

Example notes

Spoiler: Example Note: Basic
    Show

Title: SHWW: Small, wide, words connected, slanted left, small tails

Body:
    Just so you know, someone is trying to kill you tonight. You should see if anyone can help keep you safe.

AskThePizzaGuy handed you this message directly.

Spoiler: Example Note: Quoted
    Show

Title: SHWW: large, narrow, block letters, no slant, large tails
    Quote Originally Posted by Small, wide, words connected, slanted left, small tails
    Just so you know, someone is trying to kill you tonight. You should see if anyone can help keep you safe.
    ATPG sent me this. Should we trust him?

You discovered this on your person. You do not know who the sender is.

Behind the scenes: In the second case case, the original PM ATPG sent and the first person received has to be destroyed, since the note is considered to be written on to make the new PM.

Spoiler: Roles
    Show

Roles will not officially be announced. However, you can expect some of the more standard power roles with note mechanic and night phase twists as well as some roles that can affect the mechanics of the game that are nonstandard. You can also expect a relatively standard amount of wolves and villagers. Depending on the size of the game, there may be neutral roles.

Roles will be revealed upon death, but the mechanics won’t necessarily be explained.

Victory conditions for village and wolves are standard (Village: lynch all wolves, wolves: equal number of villagers/ neutrals), and any neutral role’s victory conditions will be survival based.

Spoiler: Game Integrity
    Show
    This game is also going to be very heavily dependent on the honor system due to the amount of QTs and restrictions on PMs and QTs. That said, I’ll be understanding of mistakes, but only if I am informed as soon as they happen in case they break the game via PM. If I learn of rule breaks way after the fact, intentional or unintentional, it will most likely result in any offending parties being removed from the game.

I'll also ask that anything that is blatantly exploitative of the spirit of the game be avoided and instead brought up to narrator. I'd rather adjust something midgame then have a broken game.

Game will begin the night of July 1st. No limit on number of players.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the rules of the game either in thread or via PM. In fact, the reason why I posted this so early was because I figured there would be questions. So fire away.

Homeroom Roster:
    1. Count Dingdong
    2. Duck999
    3. BasketOfPuppies
    4. Bunny of Faith
    5. Firedaemon33
    6. Sabeki
    7. Murska
    8. bladescape
    9. banjo1985
    10. PirateMonk
    11. Penguinator killed night one
    12. Aventine
    13. Legato Endless
    14. Yaropolk
    15. Askthepizzaguy
    16. Internet Flea lynched day one
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-07-09 at 04:55 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Schoolhouse Werewolf [Recruiting], Game Begins July 1st

First! It will be interesting being a player in a game with restricted PMs.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

In, notes sound fun to mess with.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Why not, I'm in. Do you get to choose your handwriting or is it randomly assigned?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I did say I was going to sign up, so here I am. Let's send The Lady back to school...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Why not, I'm in. Do you get to choose your handwriting or is it randomly assigned?
    Randomly assigned, sorry.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Randomly assigned, sorry.
    It's good. And you can avoid having multiple people with the same handwriting.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, why not. Could be fun.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Holy butts yes. I am IN!
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    Holy butts yes. I am IN!
    The most enthusiasm ever given for having to go to school.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join, then.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #12

Because I'm feeling better about WW games I shall join this also.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a feeling I'll be game-less by the end of this week, so I should be able to manage this along with narration duties. In.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

14. - Top - End - #14

I'll join this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

In as the arts department faculty.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #16

If we're claiming RP roles I call being the class pets.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I will join

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll join I think, assuming my absence from the 3-6 isn't too serious an issue.

19. - Top - End - #19

I'm in, apparently!

20. - Top - End - #20

I updated the roster up to Faithless. I think I'm going to be rewriting some of the rules and clarifying some things in the rules descriptions, I'll try to make a post of the important changes/additions when I do.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Yaropolk
    Guest in the Playground

COunt me in.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry TFT, I'm just not going to have the time to devote to this right now.

I will try to catch the next one, and will still follow it to see how it goes.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't want to be in a dozen games at once, but my mortality rate has been cheerfully high lately.

So, it seems you need players, I'll join. The mechanics will probably eat me alive, but then, I'm pizza, I'm used to it.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I don't want to be in a dozen games at once, but my mortality rate has been cheerfully high lately.

So, it seems you need players, I'll join. The mechanics will probably eat me alive, but then, I'm pizza, I'm used to it.
    Depending on the amount of times people use notes, this game will eat me alive. I'm probably limiting the number of notes just for my sanity.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

I suppose I'll join. I have a lot of fun with anonymous messages.

You should probably limit the number of notes, just for your sanity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I suppose I'll join. I have a lot of fun with anonymous messages.

You should probably limit the number of notes, just for your sanity.
    Yes. Speaking from experience, if you allow unlimited notes, it can get crazy. At the end of Careless Citadel, there was one day and night period where I made the Postman free. I was able to be on pretty much all of the time and was better about ending day/night on time than I am now, and it was still a bit difficult. Looking at just the QT of the most popular person, there were 24 messages over a 40-hour period, from the first message sent to the last message received. 16 of those were sent in the last 3 hours of day... >.<

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

What would we be using these notes for, anyway?

I don't trust private communications when I cannot verify that only me and my recipient read it.

I am a talkative one in private typically, but I doubt I would advise networking with such an unreliable and insecure medium.

Networks are generally not secure as it stands, especially the way most folks handle them, a network based on these notes is so high risk it's basically a blunder to use them.

Not that I recommend no one use them. What's the point of playing if you're not willing to take risks? Just please, given the odds I rand a villager role, everyone, be careful. Be prudent. Don't be silly with these notes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    What would we be using these notes for, anyway?
    'Fear the Caterpillar' warnings and Monty Python quotes, mainly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    'Fear the Caterpillar' warnings and Monty Python quotes, mainly.
    IF, you did that already.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    IF, you did that already.
    More than once. It started with Schoolhouse.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was Schoolyard.

Well my character had a house.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2014-06-28 at 11:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show